Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/28/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Where would Meghan be without her parents' money and connections?  She's a spoiled kid playing at having a media career with her blue cards that she needs to read word for word.

• Love 19

It seemed to me that MM was saying that a woman could not be viewed as strong unless she was angry/mean!  My mom was one of the strongest women I know, she would stand up for herself (in her not so fluent English) but never made the other person feel attacked.  She worked hard all of her life so her children could have choices she never had.  She withstood poverty, lack of education, discrimination, difficult times.  She did so with strength, dignity, and a strong faith.   Just because you, MM, have no "tools in your toolbox" to show strength without anger does not mean strength is not strength unless anger is a component.  
I did agree that anger could be something to get a person through a difficult time but it does not have to be a specific attack on someone. It can be a force within you to push through and in the end it burns itself out and you are left with strength and motivation.

As far as the marriage discussion, one of the tweets at the bottom of the screen said something like a marriage can get stronger after overcoming difficult times because at the end of it you have each other (maybe I'm putting two together!)  MM, get over your "I just got married" stuff.  Have you never seen a married couple? or couples in different stages??

• Love 13

What Roseanne tweeted was horrible, and everyone on the show seemed to agree on that point——and she definitely needed to be fired.  But what bothers me, and I wish they would have brought this up, was that it seems that punishment isn’t equally applied. Quite recently, Bill Maher used the N word, when a politician was on his show and he invited Maher to his state to work on a farm, or some such thing.  Maher said that he was a House N (and he said the word), but he wasn’t punished or fired.  And I’ve heard Joy support racist or other nasty things by saying it was comedy. I just don’t get this show and what I see as double standards in their beliefs. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Fannysue said:

I have been watching this show since it originally  started and I don't recall Joy saying anything racist in all those years!

Neither do I. I've seen comments of hers deliberately misconstrued and used to smear her (by McCain) recently--like with some controversy about a leader of the women's march--but I don't remember anything like what was referred to above. I have different thoughts about Maher, but I don't want to be off-topic.

Sunny's comments about some on the right making racism one of their values in the face of the Roseanne fallout were pretty apt. I was happy that Whoopi defended herself again in regards to the fake, doctored picture of her that Roseanne was tweeting to excuse her own disgusting behavior. Meh-gun of course used the topic as another opportunity to beat that sympathy horse again, but that isn't going to erase her past behavior. She lamented about things being in a state of anything goes, which rang pretty hollow coming from her. Aside from her regular vileness, didn't she attack a teenage shooting survivor just a month or two ago?

• Love 20

I have never ever heard Joy say anything racist either and have been watching this show for 20 some odd years. I love her. She doesn't do racist things in her stand-up either, just really funny jokes about people and relationships. She might go a little "blue" every now and then, but nothing compared to say Sarah Silverman. 

• Love 22

Boy, Mad Meghan was kissing ABC's ass while pontificating about the Roseann saga.  She is in full tilt save her job mode and unfortunately I think it's gonna work.  I have a sinking feeling that she'll be back in the fall, particularly after her performance during sweeps month.  

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Can Meghan ever speak her little diatribe without saying "as a Republican" and "I will say" and referring to her father? She throws them all in in one long comment. Edit, sista. 

No, she cannot! She cannot. Cannot, capital C, Cannot.

It is really annoying that she has to give her rehearsed speeches. Everything is planned with her.

They depend so much on their "morning meeting" before the show. Sunny mentions that meeting a lot. I wish they wouldn't talk to each other before the show.

• Love 12
(edited)
18 minutes ago, OnTime said:

They depend so much on their "morning meeting" before the show. Sunny mentions that meeting a lot. I wish they wouldn't talk to each other before the show.

But...but... without their morning meeting how could they prepare for the show?  Do their research? <snerk>

You know that old game, if you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would you invite?  I think I'm adding Andre Talley to the list. I bet he has some fascinating stories to tell.

The Frozen show looks beautiful.  

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Less than four minutes into the show and Meghan mentions she is a Republican.  

Doesn't it usually take less than two minutes?

• Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan says she feels like she has to constantly defend conservatives on the show. No, Meghan, you don't have to do that - you're not the spokesperson for all conservatives. Speak for Meghan, not for all conservatives. 

Her sole contribution on any political discussion is  "he has a base"  "his base supports him"  "his base_____."   She cannot articulate why his base approves of his actions.   We know why but that is not my point.  

I have been on this train since shortly after she joined.  Just tell us why you like the tax 'cut', DACA policy, his stance on immigration, situation in PR,  ANYTHING!  And someone please ask her directly, be specific and don't let her deflect! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Wings said:

Her sole contribution on any political discussion is  "he has a base"  "his base supports him"  "his base_____."   She cannot articulate why his base approves of his actions.   We know why but that is not my point.  

I have been on this train since shortly after she joined.  Just tell us why you like the tax 'cut', DACA policy, his stance on immigration, situation in PR,  ANYTHING!  And someone please ask her directly! 

As far as I can tell the only policy she publicly supports is Trump siding with the NRA on gun control.  When they talk about any other policies she does say how "her tribe" or his base or whoever she referencing feels or how she says they feel but she doesn't say what she herself feels.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

As far as I can tell the only policy she publicly supports is Trump siding with the NRA on gun control.  When they talk about any other policies she does say how "her tribe" or his base or whoever she referencing feels or how she says they feel but she doesn't say what she herself feels.

Yes, this is my biggest issue with her. Yes I can't stand her generally and sure she's maddening and a bully, but it's that everything she states is some aggregate of other people's thoughts, wants, desires, beliefs, etc. All the other women present their position as their point of view on any given topic. It's how they feel about it, what they think and how it relates to them. She almost never does this. And this makes her contributions to the discussions jarring - of course they're jarring because of her delivery as well, but it's in-organic and breaks the flow of convo every single time.

• Love 17

Sunny looked absolutely stunning today. Loved her entire look.

Yesterday Whoopi was saying people shouldn't have to apologize if they're saying what they're feeling and today she's talking about Trump apologizing for things he's said...well which is it?

I think the main criticism against Kim here is the fact that no one believes that she's remotely qualified or knowledgeable to be presenting this issue in the White House and lobbying for reform. Also, saying that she has 3 kids and was held at gunpoint so she's allowed to evolve - she still promotes untested and scam products on her IG page to her impressionable followers because it earns a reported cool $1M a post...doesn't sound like she's changed much. If taking up a cause means that she has less time to post naked pictures of herself to keep herself relevant, then that's great, but it doesn't mean that we're obliged to forget the lengths that this woman has gone and will go to make a buck, even if it's unethical and controversial so excuse me if I don't roll out the red carpet for her.

So for one, it's really disturbing that estimates on the death toll in Puerto Rico can be THAT different. I can't understand what is going on there but I think the problem is that no one can understand why more isn't being done.

I'm sorry, what goes through your mind that you think it's okay to shave your legs in a public pool? Come on man, lol.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Less than four minutes into the show and Meghan mentions she is a Republican.  

I'm pretending that it's in her contract...she MUST mention it at least once during the first five minutes.  "Her" producer is there to whisper in her ear.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I have never ever heard Joy say anything racist either and have been watching this show for 20 some odd years. I love her. She doesn't do racist things in her stand-up either, just really funny jokes about people and relationships. She might go a little "blue" every now and then, but nothing compared to say Sarah Silverman. 

Here’s where the reading problem comes in.  I did not say Joy has said anything racist, herself.  I said she has supported comedians, within their comedy routines, that were considered racist or other insulting things. 

We didn’t have power today, so the show didn’t record.  Did they discuss Samantha Bee calling Ivanka the C word?  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 3
(edited)

Frozen must be having trouble selling tickets.  It is for kids and Broadway shows are expensive; who, with small kids doesn't have a copy at home the family has heard 100+ times.  :)   Lip syncing may be a deterrent, too. 

8 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Here’s where the reading problem comes in.  I did not say Joy has said anything racist, herself.  I said she has supported comedians, within their comedy routines, that were considered racist or other insulting things. 

I have never heard her support racism in a comic's act, EVER.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan says she feels like she has to constantly defend conservatives on the show. No, Meghan, you don't have to do that - you're not the spokesperson for all conservatives. Speak for Meghan, not for all conservatives. 

And I wished someone at the table would have jumped in and said that - because that isn't what the show is about. It's about them as individuals sharing their views on issues and that means that you don't need to defend anything that isn't part of your own personal value system. It's why someone like Sunny can lean left when it comes to athletes kneeling during the anthem but then lean right when it comes to the discussion of abortion. The way Meghan presents herself, it comes across as someone who determines her values and beliefs system based on the fact that she's a Conservative Republican while the other women present themselves as sharing their opinions and they happen to lean left (not always, but mostly). She's not really offering any perspective that others can't see for themselves. The one question that the left ask is 'how do you get through to Trump's base' and Meghan can't answer that question so instead of wasting your time taking heat because you feel you need to be a Conservative voice...nah girl, you need to be your OWN voice.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Can Meghan ever speak her little diatribe without saying "as a Republican" and "I will say" and referring to her father? She throws them all in in one long comment. Edit, sista. 

I wish I'd kept score, because she's mentioned Sadler's comment about her father almost every single day since it happened.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, tvaddict44 said:

Did anyone else have a flashback to when Rosie O'Donnell came to work one day on the View so excited about Frozen and how it was now her little girl's favorite musical.  She started to sing a little of "Let it go" and Whoopi jumped all over her.  Told her to quit with all the "frozen talk"...very hostile and hateful. ...

Yet today, she was the Frozen ambassador, couldn't love it more! No, I had the same flashback.

• Love 11

Poor Meggie, other than her word-of-the-day (often misused), she has a very poor vocabulary & is unable to speak extemporaneously on most subjects because she's, basically, inarticulate.  She'd be lost without her cards with stats & what other people have said, but don't ask her for her own opinion on any "hot topic" unless it's Real Housewives, the Bachelor or the price of tripe!!!  (I don't think she's the brightest bulb on the tree & that's why she quickly gloms onto her Dad's trouble for something to say!!)

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yet today, she was the Frozen ambassador, couldn't love it more! No, I had the same flashback.

As long as it revolves around her Whoopi is on board. Otherwise she rolls her eyes and looks out to the audience or to a producer. And of course being a bully. 

• Love 11

I hate when they talk about the housewives shows as though everyone watches.  I have never been interested, don't know who the housewives are, and I still don't understand if it's trying to be a reality show or if it's scripted.  Meghan goes into an alternate state of consciousness when she talks about it though. It's weird how much of a fan she is, for someone who considers herself to be "in politics."

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Haleth said:

But...but... without their morning meeting how could they prepare for the show?  Do their research? <snerk>

You know that old game, if you could invite anyone to a dinner party who would you invite?  I think I'm adding Andre Talley to the list. I bet he has some fascinating stories to tell.

The Frozen show looks beautiful.  

Our station cut to a storm advisory, in the middle of the song. I'll have to catch it on demand.

Speaking of Rosie: remember when she had a little girl on who was a huge Rent fan? They were both singing Seasons of Love and  some of the cast came out and surprised the little girl.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

We didn’t have power today, so the show didn’t record.  Did they discuss Samantha Bee calling Ivanka the C word?  

No they didn’t. There’s always tomorrow, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, backformore said:

I hate when they talk about the housewives shows as though everyone watches.  I have never been interested, don't know who the housewives are, and I still don't understand if it's trying to be a reality show or if it's scripted.  Meghan goes into an alternate state of consciousness when she talks about it though. It's weird how much of a fan she is, for someone who considers herself to be "in politics."

They are reality shows , no script.  :*)    

• Love 2
13 hours ago, backformore said:

I hate when they talk about the housewives shows as though everyone watches.  I have never been interested, don't know who the housewives are

I'm with you.  I don't get the appeal.  Boring people screaming is interesting?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Wings said:

They are reality shows , no script.  :*)    

Aren’t they “scripted reality shows?”  Nit like a documentary where cameras roll - these are edited for drama I think

• Love 1