Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/28/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Let's also remember that it was John McCain who said "Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father." But now that he has a brain tumor, suddenly he's the second coming. He's a dick.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, nokat said:

Maybe because they aren't c*nts. Deflect away.

Irrelevant.  I think using those words takes away from your message.  (& I'm not a fan of the presidential adviser)

5 hours ago, Tosia said:

And yes, I agree that Ivanka is part of the administration as well and should have been more aware of the ill-timed "optics" in relation to her father's inhuman tactics of separating children from theory parents.  

I don't like the c-word, although it's becoming more accepted in the U S as in Britain, so the pearl clutching is a bit much. Then again, Sam Bee didn't have to "go low" .  I want Sam and other comics to be smarter than that,  even foregoing the shock value/laughs of naughty words. But, yes, it's DEFLECTION  big time from Roseanne's racist tweet.   

And yes, RACIST  comments are much more horrible because they're dehumanizing. 

Joy is 100% right that the racist AND misogynistic statements and "jokes" by Drumf have made closet racists think that it's ok to say those things more openly--  out loud and online.

This is a new low in the U.S. 

Yup.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, Ohboy said:

Calling the daughter of the president of the United States a c word is egregious. I’m sure Joy, Sunny and Whoopi would be flipping out if a comedian called one of the Obama daughters a c word.

Obama's daughters didn't make themselves part of the administration. They also didn't have businesses that benefited from their fathers actions as pres. The only problem I have with Samantha Bee is that she was stupid to use that word because the important topic she was trying to make a point about is now lost in the faux outrage. 

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 18
On 6/3/2018 at 9:02 PM, Ohboy said:

Calling the daughter of the president of the United States a c word is egregious. I’m sure Joy, Sunny and Whoopi would be flipping out if a comedian called one of the Obama daughters a c word.

I would hope (and trust) Meghan would flip out as well. 

• Love 1