Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/28/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

Aren’t they “scripted reality shows?”  Nit like a documentary where cameras roll - these are edited for drama I think

They do not memorize lines, there is no plot.  Of course they are edited for drama, that is the goal of all reality TV.   Cameras film them shopping , at parties, social events and production plans travel.  All of it to get good footage.   It is staged to get drama. 

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, backformore said:

I hate when they talk about the housewives shows as though everyone watches.  I have never been interested, don't know who the housewives are, and I still don't understand if it's trying to be a reality show or if it's scripted.  Meghan goes into an alternate state of consciousness when she talks about it though. It's weird how much of a fan she is, for someone who considers herself to be "in politics."

1 hour ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I'm with you.  I don't get the appeal.  Boring people screaming is interesting?

I don't watch reality shows but I understand some people find them enjoyable.  IMO they are the soap operas of the 21st century.  I have a former friend who watched Teen Mom  and she would try to talk to me about the show.  She would talk about the people on it like they were friends.  She would say "I don't understand why so and so is doing so and so.  She should know better."   Meghan seems to have the same kind of "enthusiasm" for reality shows.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Wings said:

Frozen must be having trouble selling tickets.  It is for kids and Broadway shows are expensive; who, with small kids doesn't have a copy at home the family has heard 100+ times.  :)   Lip syncing may be a deterrent, too. 

I have never heard her support racism in a comic's act, EVER.  

I was thinking the same thing.  I seem to think that Frozen hasn't' been around long enough to warrant a Broadway/big bucks spectacular.  My eldest is 18 years old - and we just went to see Aladdin on B-way. I think the Frozen target audience is still too young for a parent to justify spending that kind of money to see it.  No one in my house has seen the movie Frozen and we LOVE all things Disney, I just don't think I want to see this show.  

Seems like there's more giveaways lately, I was at The View taping in January and we didn't get jack......I would have DIED if we got Frozen tickets (It wasn't out yet, and while I said up there that I don't want to see it, I really meant I don't want to pay for it. LOL)

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Here’s where the reading problem comes in.  I did not say Joy has said anything racist, herself.  I said she has supported comedians, within their comedy routines, that were considered racist or other insulting things. 

I do agree with this. It still bothers the heck out of me, when discussing Bill Maher and his use of the "n" word, that Joy said, don't forget, he's one of the good guys, he's attacking Trump. That really stuck with me, because she pulled in a person's political views, when that had nothing to do with using that word. I don't care if a person is anti-trump or not, a white man should not be using that word, and the fact that she called him a good guy, in a discussion about him using racial slurs I didn't like.

I believe Roseann should have been canceled, but I also want ABC to have that strong of a position with all of their stars. I'm looking at Alec Baldwin, host of the Match Game, who has used racial and homophobic slurs in tweets, as well as on video. And I know it's on NBC, but Blake Shelton and some of his homophobic tweets and language, I can't believe he still has a job.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I do agree with this. It still bothers the heck out of me, when discussing Bill Maher and his use of the "n" word, that Joy said, don't forget, he's one of the good guys, he's attacking Trump. That really stuck with me, because she pulled in a person's political views, when that had nothing to do with using that word. I don't care if a person is anti-trump or not, a white man should not be using that word, and the fact that she called him a good guy, in a discussion about him using racial slurs I didn't like.

It's debatable that Bill Maher is one of the good guys.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Ohboy said:

No they didn’t. There’s always tomorrow, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. 

And they are talking about it right now! :-)

6 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

He is an asshole.

• Love 8

This might be my dream hosting panel: a sane liberal (Joy), a sane conservative (Ana), two somewhat middle of the road ladies, depending on the issue (Sara and Sunny) and . . . Paula.  Well, you can’t have everything, lol.

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree and would even go so far to say that he is terrible. Anyone who can drop the n-word like he did on his show in front of millions of people, you can rest assured he is using it in his private life generously. Maher  is a raging misogynist and over all slime ball. I was disgusted by Behar's defense of him. I  find that I am often disappointed in Joy's views on things.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, backformore said:

I hate when they talk about the housewives shows as though everyone watches.  I have never been interested, don't know who the housewives are, and I still don't understand if it's trying to be a reality show or if it's scripted.  Meghan goes into an alternate state of consciousness when she talks about it though. It's weird how much of a fan she is, for someone who considers herself to be "in politics."

A lot of people think they're scripted but the premise of the show is designed to create drama (casting conflicting personalities, casting people who have bad personal relationships with existing cast members, making the women contractually obligated to spend a certain amount of time together and hosting events for the show...you intentionally mix oil and water, you're going to land some good footage). Meghan does seem really happy when she's talking about pop culture stuff and in fairness, politics is not the kind of fluff that the Real Housewives franchise is but at the same time, it seems like the most authentic version of Meghan that we get to see because it's the only time she lets her guard down and just allows herself to respond instinctively and not with talking points all of the time.

• Love 6
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

If you don’t like the message on the t-shirt, don’t buy it.

yes. i agree with what whoever said about my what my kid wears is a reflection of what i think. until he can buy his own clothes. that paula is a just looking to stir the shit. just shut up. this is a non issue. i am getting so sick of the overly policitcal, etc. correctness ,taking every damn thing and putting it under a microscope and fighting about it,that has been happening lately. there is noting wrong with that shirt. i don't have a small child but i'm sure there are many many other shirts kids are wearing that they don't understand. paula, you really care if your son is wearing a t-shirt that is expressing equality ,nothing wrong with it. what an annoying co host. please don't bring her back.

Edited by msrachelj
addition
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

what an annoying co host. please don't bring her back.

As long as Meghan is on the show, I won't complain about Paula.

What is up with Sara's hair? And Sunny's make up foundation needs some work under her eyes.

• Love 4
(edited)

You guys are hating on Paula. I like her and I like that she provides a different point if view.  How boring it would be if everyone agreed on every topic.....

J: "What do you ladies think if the shirt?"

Sa: "it's cute."

Su: "i want to get one for my son"

A: "it's empowering"

J: "next topic "

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

You guys are hating on Paula. I like her and I like that she provides a different point if view.  How boring it would be if everyone agreed on every topic.....

J: "What do you ladies think if the shirt?"

Sa: "it's cute."

Su: "i want to get one for my son"

A: "it's empowering"

J: "next topic "

I don't mind Paula at all.. I may not agree with her at times, but, I do like that she brings a different perspective.  She is much better than Megan..

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, Stoned said:

Today's panel runs so much smoother,unlike the regular line up..I don't miss whoopis word salad,and motor mouth Megs one bit.

This felt like a completely different show. I didn’t miss either Whoopi or Meghan (and I usually don’t mind Whoopi). Paula is hit or miss, but I didn’t mind her (it probably helps that we see her in small doses and she has more of a sense of humor than Meghan). 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

I find him amusing sometimes.  He’s a heck of a misogynist, though.  I think he’s a bit more careful talking about women, but years ago his comments were pretty sh*tty.  Just because he’s anti-Trump, doesn’t necessarily make him a good guy.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I find him amusing sometimes.  He’s a heck of a misogynist, though.  I think he’s a bit more careful talking about women, but years ago his comments were pretty sh*tty.  Just because he’s anti-Trump, doesn’t necessarily make him a good guy.

He is also anti-Islam. He sounds like a right-wing nut, when he is railing against the religion.  Plus, he has these views about Black men that really bother me.  He has refrain from doing that, after he was lambasted for casually using the N word...

• Love 6
(edited)

So they did talk about Samantha Bee. Hmm. Personally, I hadn’t even heard about this story until late last afternoon, so I’m surprised anyone expected it to be talked about yesterday morning. While I'm like Sunny in that I'd rather nobody use words like the C-word, N-word, F-word, I agree with Joy that the word being used by people within that group is different. Moreover, I wish somebody had mentioned the fact that Samantha Bee has used this word before without any reaction, and it's only now a controversy because of...Roseanne, I guess? Or is it because it was directed towards Ivanka?

I’m glad Joy asked Paula why she just assumes everyone in the world thinks the actress who plays Aunt Lydia is unattractive, since that’s the only reason she can justify her assertion that Michelle Wolf was referring to SHS’s looks rather than behavior. I wish someone would’ve asked Paula if she’d feel the same if the little boy wore a shirt saying “I Am Christian.” Somehow I don’t think she’d think he’s too young to understand what it means or make a decision then.

Still, I'd take Paula any day of the week over McCain. I was happy to see Ana again, and I thought her breakdown of the pardons and how they relate to Cohen, Manafort, etc. was nicely done. Too bad the show isn't like this everyday.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved it when Joy said that the right has usurped the words feminist and Liberal and has twisted them to become bad words.. 

She is exactly right.  It's time to take the words back.

Dinesh D'Souza is slime.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I like Paula as well.  As already stated, today's panel was perfect.  

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I wish Paula had said exactly what consequences Samantha Bee should deal with because of her use of that word.  Does she think we should start punishing people for using words people find offensive?  Samantha could have called Ivanka a feckless bitch and most people wouldn't have blinked an eye.  I don't like the word and almost never use it.  Although Tomi Lahren IMO is that word.  But back to the topic at hand.  Ted Nugent called Hillary Clinton that word and Republicans didn't chastise him.  Samantha used poor judgement.  This incident isn't even close to what Roseanne did.

The annoying thing to me is that I thought Samantha was smarter.  She had to know how that word would be received.  I would think better of her if she had not apologized.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He is also anti-Islam. He sounds like a right-wing nut, when he is railing against the religion.  Plus, he has these views about Black men that really bother me.  He has refrain from doing that, after he was lambasted for casually using the N word...

He's anti religion. Would be weird if he were anti religion EXCEPT for Islam. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

She is exactly right.  It's time to take the words back.

Dinesh D'Souza is slime.

Personally, I prefer the word progressive over liberal. The right hates the word progressive...lol  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I wish someone would’ve asked Paula if she’d feel the same if the little boy wore a shirt saying “I Am Christian.” Somehow I don’t think she’d think he’s too young to understand what it means or make a decision then.

That's a good point.  Too bad no one asked.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

He's anti religion. Would be weird if he were anti religion EXCEPT for Islam. 

He is anti-religion, but, he pushes the dangerous narrative that Muslims are inherently violent and should be feared. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

. I wish someone would’ve asked Paula if she’d feel the same if the little boy wore a shirt saying “I Am Christian.” Somehow I don’t think she’d think he’s too young to understand what it means or make a decision then.

I have a friend who put all five of her kids in Jesus t-shirts for Easter. Except for perhaps her eldest, they don't understand what they were wearing. She is totally the type who would flip out if she saw a kid her youngest childs age wearing a feminism t-shirt, saying "he can't understand that!" Completely ignoring that her youngest has no concept of Jesus beyond wanting to do what his big brother is doing.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

The annoying thing to me is that I thought Samantha was smarter.  She had to know how that word would be received.  I would think better of her if she had not apologized.

The people on facebook are conflating Samantha and everybody in the media, who has ever made a mistake to what Roseanne did.. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The people on facebook are conflating Samantha and everybody in the media, who has ever made a mistake to what Roseanne did.. 

Of course, they are.  ?

• Love 4
(edited)

I bet Paula would have no trouble with her kid wearing an I Love Jesus shirt even if he can't read it. 

39 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved it when Joy said that the right has usurped the words feminist and Liberal and has twisted them to become bad words.. 

And Paula disagrees?  How could she not see this?

I loved the point Ana made that if Samantha Bee deserves consequences (firing?) for using the C word, what are the consequences (firing?) for using the P word?

Max's text was hilarious.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I loved the point someone made (Joy maybe?) that if Samantha Bee deserves consequences (firing?) for using the C word, what are the consequences (firing?) for using the P word?

And Samantha only said the word.  Trump said what he did to the word.  So one is a word and one is assault.

• Love 14

ding...ding...ding, we have a winner! I thoroughly enjoyed the show today with this group of co-hosts. Imagine, mature women disagreeing and debating issues -- expressing opinions rather than explaining Trump's base and throwing a tantrum. TPTB please take notice.

Regarding the 'C' word, there's a video of Trump using the 'C' word at the Friars Club Roast when addressing Katie Couric. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Catnip said:

ding...ding...ding, we have a winner! I thoroughly enjoyed the show today with this group of co-hosts. Imagine, mature women disagreeing and debating issues -- expressing opinions rather than explaining Trump's base and throwing a tantrum. TPTB please take notice.

Regarding the 'C' word, there's a video of Trump using the 'C' word at the Friars Club Roast when addressing Katie Couric. 

Oh how sweet would it be for someone to get that out there for all to hear!  

• Love 10

the word Samantha Bee used about Ivanka is the same word Ted Nugent used about Hillary Clinton.   Trump can say it's horrible, but he invited Nugent to the White House after that. 

I wish they had brought up Sally Field's excellent tweet in support of Samantha Bee, Sally Field ROCKS. 

Paula said the boy with the feminist shirt "can't read the shirt".   Does she think that he's the only kid at preschool who has words on his shirt?  or does she think that "feminism" is the only word they can't read?   I don't understand how Paula wants parents to give kids the option of having opposing views - does she want the boy to also have a shirt that says "girls should cook and clean,"  and then have the option of wearing the shirt he believed in?   Feminism is about equality.  I hate that she, or anyone, sees it as a controversial topic.  

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

Paula said the boy with the feminist shirt "can't read the shirt".   Does she think that he's the only kid at preschool who has words on his shirt?  or does she think that "feminism" is the only word they can't read?   I don't understand how Paula wants parents to give kids the option of having opposing views - does she want the boy to also have a shirt that says "girls should cook and clean,"  and then have the option of wearing the shirt he believed in?   Feminism is about equality.  I hate that she, or anyone, sees it as a controversial topic.  

Isn't Paula the same woman who said she likes when her husband "puts her in check"?  I'm guessing feminism is controversial in that household.

• Love 11

I don’t feel it’s appropriate to have any messages on a preschooler’s shirt.  Whatever message is on the shirt is the viewpoint of the parents, in any case.  Just send the kid to school in a plain shirt, then you won’t have to get indignant about anything.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, backformore said:

the word Samantha Bee used about Ivanka is the same word Ted Nugent used about Hillary Clinton.   Trump can say it's horrible, but he invited Nugent to the White House after that. 

I wish they had brought up Sally Field's excellent tweet in support of Samantha Bee, Sally Field ROCKS. 

Paula is the same woman that likes it when her husband puts her in her place, So, she would not be okay with feminism..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Isn't Paula the same woman who said she likes when her husband "puts her in check"?  I'm guessing feminism is controversial in that household.

That and she "lets" him be the "leader" in their relationship.

• Love 9

BY paula's logic, children shouldn't be allowed to wear sports logos on their clothes until they are old enough to evaluate which sports they prefer, and which teams they choose to be a fan of.  

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Usually i enjoy Friday's show completely with Joy in charge, but today they just gave me a headache.  I love hearing all the opinions. but do they have to be all expressed simultaneously?  Paula is just a little too preachy for me, but I can see how most people would enjoy her.  Anyone but the "I am a Republican" Meghan - she works my last nerve....

Oh not here.  Soon as i saw no MM,  immediately i said, this will be a good ep!   She would have been all over it, leaving no time for anyone else

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, backformore said:

BY paula's logic, children shouldn't be allowed to wear sports logos on their clothes until they are old enough to evaluate which sports they prefer, and which teams they choose to be a fan of.  

Regardless of whether young children are being dressed in message shirts or sports teams or whatever they are still going to know their parents politics, which sports teams they favor, their religion and just about everything else their parents believe and care about.  Will that little boy wearing the feminist shirt grow up feeling that way?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Paula and her husband might be raising their kids to think for themselves but there is no way they aren't  having an influence on them.

• Love 10