Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: Week 1: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Eh, I think he rightly got what he deserved. When you're sending a bunch of people home in one night he gave her enough reason to have him hit the tracks.

DAMN IT!  I didn't watch because I am protesting these 2 hour shows that hold me hostage.  I guess I can Hulu it and ff.

(edited)

I can't remember the last 1st episode that blurred together like this one. It just wasn't that much fun (and I usually love the first eps)

Becca is fine. I like her no nonsense approach (she dealt with home town guy and texting ex-girlfriend guy very well) and feel like I'd like her irl, but I don't think I'd love her irl. She's just so basic. Better end basic. But basic none-the-less. 

I liked Clay, though he's in no way my real life type.

I think Colton is basically a good guy (his CF charity gives him a lot of points) but I think his virginity shtick is full of crap and there's something just annoying about him. 

I liked Joe a lot but it seems everyone loves him way-y more than I can understand and there's been lots of requests that he make it to Paradise? Okay, sure, he's enjoyable but I can't even imagine which of the past seasons' women he'd click up with (I've never been much for matchmaking though). Maybe he could go on Survivor or something instead. 

Blake seemed nice but not attractive. Annoying 60/40 guy should have been sent home right there at the limo exit for being a negging asshole. Dunking guy is so cute but that dunking thing was annoying (Spinning the ball on her finger = cute. Using her as a prop for you to show off = not cute) and I hope he cuts it out. Liked Leo for his dry as dirt humor but his hair is not as fascinating as he thinks it is.  Jean Blanc is charming but that cologne collection turns me off so completely that I don't think I can get past it. Jordon is hilarious in a cartoonishly douchy way and I hope I can figure out if he's doing it on purpose (it's rare to be that dumb by accident) or not. 

Garret. I don't know. On one hand he and Becca seem relaxed together but he basically seems like Waboom to me. By all accounts, Waboom (Wahboom?) was really nice to Rachel too and not always 'on'. Garret, with his mini-van which even he seemed uncertain about whether he was mocking or not and his stupid Farley impression and insistence that he "LIKES FUN" seemed as aggressively goofy as Waboom did, just with less head and ear injury (which, to be fair, is probably worth something) and fewer tees to sell.

However, I liked David and he was pretty goofy too. I hated it when he was 'cawing' out with or without her name, but thought the rest of his silliness was nicely light. 

Also, there was some guy who looks like JoJo's Jordan (at least at some angles) and I'd catch site of him in group shots but never put a name to the face.

And there was a vaguely Wells like guy too.  

Overall, there seems to be fewer fitness coaches (a plus) and more guys with real careers . But I'm pretty blah on most of their looks right now (I'm sure a few of them will grow on me- at least I hope so.)

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

She's just so basic.

That's a pretty accurate description of her. 

Nothing "wrong" with her, she'd probably make a good wife and mother.  And if the husband died before her and made it to heaven, he'd probably say he had a nice life but died of boredom.   

• Love 8

Just have to add: 

Okay, I'm shallow but I just don't find Becca attractive and I don't really know why. Like I can say she's pretty and hear other people call her pretty and understand why but I don't really believe it. 

Theres not a thing that I can point to as the "problem" either. It just doesn't work for me?‍♀️.

Weirdly, while I never saw chemistry between her and Arie, I did think they looked good together and physically complimented each other.

• Love 5

Joe the grocer, though super cute, was too wink-y. During his Chicago intro, dude winked repeatedly at the camera, which was off-putting *ducks*

I would like to see him again in BIP though

(edited)
3 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

And there was a vaguely Wells like guy too.  

I thought I read that Ryan was Wells' brother.  Now I can't find where I read that.

Edited by deSchenke
6 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

I think Colton is basically a good guy (his CF charity gives him a lot of points) but I think his virginity shtick is full of crap and there's something just annoying about him. 

I can't think of a grown man who would lie about being a virgin on national television.  Men are ridiculed for being virgins past 19.  Women are ridiculed as well to an extent, but they don't receive anywhere near the same level of ridicule that men do for being a virgin.  While Becca may believe in God and go to church on Sundays, she doesn't strike me as ultra religious, so I can't see how telling Becca he is a virgin would benefit him at all. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, deSchenke said:

I thought I read that Ryan was Wells' brother.  Now I can't find where I read that.

15 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

If Wells' surname is Peterson, then I guess they could be related.  Wells lives in Nashville but I don't remember if that is his hometown. Ryan lives in CA.   http://www.newsweek.com/bachelorette-contestants-lincoln-ryan-chase-darius-blake-833625

I think the confusion comes from when Ryan was on ATFR with the banjo Wells tweeted out that Ryan was his brother for kicks. He later admitted he wasn't and that it was a prank but I think because they do actually have somewhat of a resemblance it kind of stuck.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, PhysNerd said:

I can't think of a grown man who would lie about being a virgin on national television.  Men are ridiculed for being virgins past 19.  Women are ridiculed as well to an extent, but they don't receive anywhere near the same level of ridicule that men do for being a virgin.  While Becca may believe in God and go to church on Sundays, she doesn't strike me as ultra religious, so I can't see how telling Becca he is a virgin would benefit him at all. 

This is pure speculation, but maybe that's his excuse for not going to the fantasy suite. I have the feeling he's on the show primarily to promote his charity, and he needs to look like a good, wholesome guy throughout, so that's his way to avoid getting physical with Becca if he's not really into her.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/29/2018 at 6:34 PM, Ohwell said:

And I do hope that Joe is the next Bachelor. 

No chance. To be the next Bachelor, you've gotta be one of the final four or five at least. It's never been someone sent home Night One.

On 5/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, Token said:

JoJo is the one who still looks like a human being, whereas Kaitlyn has turned in to an alien.

Kaitlyn looked seriously rough. I remember her as cute and perky. Now she looks one step removed from the "After" photo in a "Drugs are Bad" PSA.

ETA: And I hope they keep Jordan around for a few episodes. He could be this season's Chad: thoroughly unpleasant as a person, but snarky fun in the TH segments.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
5 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Just have to add: 

Okay, I'm shallow but I just don't find Becca attractive and I don't really know why. Like I can say she's pretty and hear other people call her pretty and understand why but I don't really believe it. 

Theres not a thing that I can point to as the "problem" either. It just doesn't work for me?‍♀️.

Weirdly, while I never saw chemistry between her and Arie, I did think they looked good together and physically complimented each other.

This is actually how I felt about Lauren B on Ben's season. I just couldn't get with all the Lauren love. She was perfectly fine and it was hard to put my finger on why I felt that way. I like that Becca seems at ease and in control at this point. Loved when she got the guys together for the pickup basketball game. That is something I could never see Barbie Lauren doing.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

To be the next Bachelor, you've gotta be one of the final four or five at least.

Maybe that's exactly what they need to do...or maybe like they did in earlier seasons in which the Bachelor was someone new to the franchise.  If I recall, Bob was the 1st recycled Bachelor, but then they went right back to unknowns.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, Mabinogia said:

I don't care for Colton. I want to but there's just something about him that isn't sitting right with me. I have no clue who Aly Raisman so that has nothing to do with it for me, but I still don't like him for no apparent reason. lol

I'm kind of wondering about his foundation. He said his goal is to donate one vest(?) in each state and he seems to travel there to give the vest in person. To me that seems to be a lot of travel expense against a not too high charitable output. Of course I have no idea how much the vests cost and he could be paying his travel expenses out of pocket instead of charging them to the foundation. If anyone who knows more about this sees I am wrong, please let me know. (Or if I misheard him when he described his foundation.)

• Love 1
14 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I think the confusion comes from when Ryan was on ATFR with the banjo Wells tweeted out that Ryan was his brother for kicks. He later admitted he wasn't and that it was a prank but I think because they do actually have somewhat of a resemblance it kind of stuck.

Oh, so it was fake news!  I wondered why more wasn't made of it.

13 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

No chance. To be the next Bachelor, you've gotta be one of the final four or five at least. 

Unless your name is Juan Pablo.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, nicgwatchingtv said:

Just have to add: 

I think she has very pretty eyes which brighten up her face, but I don't know if she has cheek implants or what, but it's distracting. I think she's above average in general, but not someone I can see 25-30 guys fighting over . And you thought you were shallow lol.

But I agree that her and Arie looked good together. They had similar features and complemented each other well.

• Love 1

My first post ever. After lurking for 5 years to say, as an AA woman, I am pretty stoked she picked several AA guys in the first round. Whether it was for PC reasons or not, good on her! They were great. 

• Love 15

I will state that I am absolutely in love with Clay.  I don't care he's 20 years younger than me and has ZERO interest.  He's the sweetest thing to come out of this franchise in years.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, evansmom10 said:

My first post ever. After lurking for 5 years to say, as an AA woman, I am pretty stoked she picked several AA guys in the first round. Whether it was for PC reasons or not, good on her! They were great. 

Don't let it be your last post! On Rachel's season. some AA guys were favorites here. Personally, I was rooting for Eric and wish he would be The Bachelor some season. I'm hoping for even better this season. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Don't let it be your last post! On Rachel's season. some AA guys were favorites here. Personally, I was rooting for Eric and wish he would be The Bachelor some season. I'm hoping for even better this season. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

The most unbelievable part of Winter Games was Eric going home the first day.

• Love 3
On 6/1/2018 at 9:59 PM, evansmom10 said:

I don't know about previous leads but I don't think it was for political correct reasons. In an earlier Ellen show appearance she said her celebrity crush was Michael Stahan from GMA so I think she has a natural attraction to AA men. And although given the limited amount of time she had to spend with each contestant she said she picked based on her instincts and any connections she may have felt. 

Another poster observed how she had picked them seemingly in a continuous row of 6 or so. You always have to remember editing on this show and that they may have edited it to look that way. Not that it really matters but if edited I'm sure the show had their reasons for wanting it to appear that way. 

But to get back to your original thought I think she just picked who she liked and not for PC reasons. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Another poster observed how she had picked them seemingly in a continuous row of 6 or so. You always have to remember editing on this show and that they may have edited it to look that way. Not that it really matters but if edited I'm sure the show had their reasons for wanting it to appear that way. 

That was my observation. I  really don't think it was editing, based on the wide shots of dudes with/without roses and the massive fan of roses still on the table as they were picked. I just thought it was odd. I would have thought it was odd if she'd picked 6 blond chunky footballer types in a row, also, but there were hardly any blond men in the cast, and only one blond chunky footballer type, which is a relief for me personally - but also odd.

On 5/31/2018 at 10:20 AM, Ohwell said:

Watching the guys getting out of the limos and going into the house, it looked to me like they were more excited about hanging out with each other than doing their "duty" and pretending to be into Becca.  I know that's every season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette--they just want to hang out and hopefully enjoy themselves--but it seems to be more evident this season.

It reminds me of Desiree's season, in this regard. I'm also about as thrilled to be watching Becca as B'ette as I was watching Des, but the men always provide the laughs - and the occasional surprise, such as Brooks (be still, my beating heart!). There is no-one I feel that thrilled about in Becca's cast, though. Will still keep watching!

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, violet and green said:

That was my observation. I  really don't think it was editing, based on the wide shots of dudes with/without roses and the massive fan of roses still on the table as they were picked. I just thought it was odd. I would have thought it was odd if she'd picked 6 blond chunky footballer types in a row, also, but there were hardly any blond men in the cast, and only one blond chunky footballer type, which is a relief for me personally - but also odd.

I wasn't seriously paying attention to who had roses and who didn't when she was calling each one but I just know how this show loves to do misleading editing at times. I think posters have actually noticed before them messing around with the order the roses have been given out. As you say it may not have been editing but that did seem a little odd.

Edited by yorklee2

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bachelorette writes down all the guys she's giving a rose to and production decides which order to call them out. And I'm wondering if the show wanted it in that order to push for a black bachelor and felt that calling them all in a group would highlight how many made the cut. If she doesn't pick him I would LOVE Clay to be the Bachelor. Yum. Or the dude with the accent. I could listen to that all season. Or the Harlem Globtrotter. I still don't know anyone's name. Only know Clay because someone just mentioned him and I looked him up to remind myself which one he is. Of the white guys, so far Chicken is my favorite. He had a good sense of humor. The rest all kind of blur together right now. 

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I wasn't seriously paying attention to who had roses and who didn't when she was calling each one but I just know how this show loves to do misleading editing at times. I think posters have actually noticed before them messing around with the order the roses have been given out. As you say it may not have been editing but that did seem a little odd.

Yeah, and it's not like Becca (or any other lead) really decides the order those names are called in either.  They're given some input (and leads have said that that input gets bigger as the season progresses,  when that lead actually has developed opinions about that stuff) So whether or not the names (those 6 in a row) were called in the order it appeared isn't really telling of anything....well, except maybe a hint to something that production is trying to tell us for whatever reason.  Because Becca did not pick the order they were called in and she did not pick the order the calling was shown in.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv

Let me channel my inner Jordan and rant a bit about fashion:

Guys, put some damn socks on with your suits! Also, if you are going to wear a suit, you have to wear a tie. You can wear a sport coat or blazer without a tie, but a suit without a tie is sartorially incorrect. The guy with the black shirt and pink-ish coat...that's a terrible look! And Jordan, your outfit was fine in terms of colour and material, but your jacket was 8 inches too short and at least one size too tight in the shoulders.

I laughed at the guy who introduced himself like James Bond..."I'm Jean...Jean Blanc." So much eyerolling!

Becca is real-life pretty but rather ordinary by TV standards. I did like her personality during this episode, though. Her "I've always liked chicken nuggets..." line before talking about Chicken-Suit Dave was her best line of the night. If she never says her "catchphrase" again it will be too soon.

I would have picked the stuntman and the Globetrotter because they brought something fun to the table that balanced out Becca's blandness. The dunk was probably the best first night move in Bachelorette history.

• Love 6

Based on the extended footage that some of the men got before the limo exits, I had written down Clay as a favorite, because he seemed like a sincere, nice, mature guy who was pretty good looking.  But as the night progressed, I crossed him out.  I think it's because he seemed too bland and generic, devoid of any real personality or spark.  And like maybe he was doing/saying things because he thought he should, and not because he actually was feeling anything about it.

• Love 4
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Superpole2000 said:

Let me channel my inner Jordan and rant a bit about fashion:

Guys, put some damn socks on with your suits! Also, if you are going to wear a suit, you have to wear a tie. You can wear a sport coat or blazer without a tie, but a suit without a tie is sartorially incorrect. The guy with the black shirt and pink-ish coat...that's a terrible look! And Jordan, your outfit was fine in terms of colour and material, but your jacket was 8 inches too short and at least one size too tight in the shoulders.

I laughed at the guy who introduced himself like James Bond..."I'm Jean...Jean Blanc." So much eyerolling!

Becca is real-life pretty but rather ordinary by TV standards. I did like her personality during this episode, though. Her "I've always liked chicken nuggets..." line before talking about Chicken-Suit Dave was her best line of the night. If she never says her "catchphrase" again it will be too soon.

I would have picked the stuntman and the Globetrotter because they brought something fun to the table that balanced out Becca's blandness. The dunk was probably the best first night move in Bachelorette history.

The guy with the pink-ish coat was Blake. He seems really down to earth and him and Becca seemed to have an easy rapport but I just don't find him terribly attractive. And I agree that coat stuck out like a sore thumb.

I get that Becca isn't the most attractive Bacherlorette they've ever had but I think she's pretty enough and her personality is really shining through so far. We know there may be some unflattering editing ahead but barring anything majorly bad I think/hope she will have a good season.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Superpole2000 said:

Guys, put some damn socks on with your suits! Also, if you are going to wear a suit, you have to wear a tie. You can wear a sport coat or blazer without a tie, but a suit without a tie is sartorially incorrect. ......

I would have picked the stuntman and the Globetrotter because they brought something fun to the table that balanced out Becca's blandness.

The stunt man was "Mr. hair" right? I'd add to your sartorial rules, don't wear your wild hair with a "lion of wall street" suit. It just struck me as really odd. I mean, I'm fine with lots of hair, loose and free, but then match it with a more casual outfit. Or if you want the fancy pants grown up suit, then wear a man bun or a pony. Maybe I'm the only one, but I just thought his look didn't make sense.

• Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, evansmom10 said:

Welcome EVANSMOM10!!! I lurked for quite a while too but finally felt the need to register to comment on my favorite reality show!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

The guy with the pink-ish coat was Blake. He seems really down to earth and him and Becca seemed to have an easy rapport but I just don't find him terribly attractive. And I agree that coat stuck out like a sore thumb.

I get that Becca isn't the most attractive Bacherlorette they've ever had but I think she's pretty enough and her personality is really shining through so far. We know there may be some unflattering editing ahead but barring anything majorly bad I think/hope she will have a good season.

Well, this is just my humble opinion but she is way prettier than Ashley H. and seems way more self-confident than her as well.  Although I do have to say that Ashley and JP are one of my fave couples of this franchise.  Had to root for hometown guy!!!

• Love 4

I think Becca has nice eyes, but it's the long face that's distracting and that's why I don't find her attractive.  Personality-wise, she seems nice enough, but bland.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Well, this is just my humble opinion but she is way prettier than Ashley H. and seems way more self-confident than her as well.  Although I do have to say that Ashley and JP are one of my fave couples of this franchise.  Had to root for hometown guy!!!

Oh I totally agree. I also think she's prettier than some of the earlier leads as well. Meredith, Jen and even Trista.

50 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I think Becca has nice eyes, but it's the long face that's distracting and that's why I don't find her attractive.  Personality-wise, she seems nice enough, but bland.

It seems to me the conundrum that we sometimes face as viewers (or at least it's my opinion) is that if they're plenty gorgeous enough and they are not be as bland/boring as others then we will almost always find something we don't like about them to make them a less than desirable lead. Whereas Ashley, Desiree and Becca are/were considered boring I haven't heard them described in such heated/hated terms as some of the others have been. Kaitlyn in particular comes to mind.

When Becca first appeared on Arie's season I thought she wasn't that attractive as well. But the more I saw her the more she grew on me and I realized she has some of the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen on this franchise. And I suspect we will see her true nature shine through more than what we were shown with Arie. 

I guess it comes down to one's preferences but I like Becca's no nonsense, fair with flashes of fun attitude that I'm seeing so far.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

The dunk was probably the best first night move in Bachelorette history.

Yes. I loved that move, and I loved that while all the other guys were watching Becca called them all over for a quick game. I think she's a fun loving gal and girl next door pretty. I think she is what guys want to marry as opposed to a sexy, stunning Britt type, which is the girl guys want to date but are usually too intimidated to ask out. 

1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

And I suspect we will see her true nature shine through more than what we were shown with Arie. 

I think Arie, and possibly being one of many fighting for him, kind of held her back, personality wise because the Becca we saw in her premiere seems fun and vibrant and not taking things too seriously. 

I'm still scratching my head over the popularity of the grocery guy, Joe, since all I can remember about him is that he owns a grocery store and probably had dark hair, since they all do. He really made no impression on me at all yet seems to be a fan favorite, not just here but in general online. I feel like I missed something. 

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Yes. I loved that move, and I loved that while all the other guys were watching Becca called them all over for a quick game. I think she's a fun loving gal and girl next door pretty. I think she is what guys want to marry as opposed to a sexy, stunning Britt type, which is the girl guys want to date but are usually too intimidated to ask out. 

I think Arie, and possibly being one of many fighting for him, kind of held her back, personality wise because the Becca we saw in her premiere seems fun and vibrant and not taking things too seriously. 

I'm still scratching my head over the popularity of the grocery guy, Joe, since all I can remember about him is that he owns a grocery store and probably had dark hair, since they all do. He really made no impression on me at all yet seems to be a fan favorite, not just here but in general online. I feel like I missed something. 

I agree with your whole post. Well stated. I will add that as well as being fun loving she also seems to be a fair B'ette as evidenced by sending home town boy home before the RC. I remember being impressed with Nick on his season when he sent Elizabeth, the woman he's had the quickie with at J&T wedding, home on like night 2 I think. Becca didn't wait that long. Not only did she realize she had nothing for this guy but cleverly and fairly foresaw that it could create unnecessary drama and wouldn't be fair to the other guys to keep him around. Girl was impressive with how quick she shut that down.

I felt the same about Joe. Nice guy with average good looks but nothing that stood out to me. I'm with you. What did we miss??

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 4
(edited)

I remember Arie remarked on Becca's self-confidence, which made her seem non-naggy to him, which he liked.     

Her self-confidence makes her a good lead.   (So far.)    She seems convinced she is worthy of their love.  All of their love.   Rachel had that same deranged self-confidence.    If I were the lead, I would be delighted if one or two of the men fell for me.  I remember empathizing with Ashley's more normal (shakier) confidence level.      

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, hyacinth said:

I remember Arie remarked on Becca's self-confidence, which made her seem non-naggy to him, which he liked.     

Her self-confidence makes her a good lead.   (So far.)    She seems convinced she is worthy of their love.  All of their love.   Rachel had that same deranged self-confidence.    If I were the lead, I would be delighted if one or two of the men fell for me.  I remember empathizing with Ashley's more normal (shakier) confidence level.      

YES to your entire post, Hyacinth!  I chuckled out loud when I saw you crossed out  'deranged.'  I've often thought that the men and women who apply for this show must really think they are all the cat's meow.  It's great to have a healthy dose of self-confidence but I'd never presume that as a contestant the lead would fall head over heels in love with me.  I just think these folks either a) have an inflated sense of their greatness/beauty/good looks or b) have an overwhelming need to appear on TV and then perhaps reap the possible benefits their 15 minutes will get them.

• Love 2
(edited)

ECM, yes, either theory could propel someone to apply and take the chance that it could all go very, very wrong for them.     I would be justifiably petrified of a bad edit!    

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/4/2018 at 1:13 AM, Mabinogia said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bachelorette writes down all the guys she's giving a rose to and production decides which order to call them out. And I'm wondering if the show wanted it in that order to push for a black bachelor and felt that calling them all in a group would highlight how many made the cut. If she doesn't pick him I would LOVE Clay to be the Bachelor. Yum. Or the dude with the accent. I could listen to that all season. Or the Harlem Globtrotter.

I figure she gets a bit of a prod to keep some for fun/drama/wrong reasons, that she writes the names down that she actually wants to keep (or points to their pictures or whatever!), and that Production feeds the order of each name into a little earpiece in the ear away from camera. I often see the Bach or B'ette look a little startled, or sad, or resigned, for a micro-moment, before they say the name.

Dude with accent is Lincoln, I think. Globetrotter is Christon.

I was paying attention as I was yearning for her to say 'Joe!' Bugger me, it's going to be a long season.

Edited by violet and green
typo
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/1/2018 at 7:57 AM, Lamb18 said:

I'm kind of wondering about his foundation. He said his goal is to donate one vest(?) in each state and he seems to travel there to give the vest in person. To me that seems to be a lot of travel expense against a not too high charitable output. Of course I have no idea how much the vests cost and he could be paying his travel expenses out of pocket instead of charging them to the foundation. If anyone who knows more about this sees I am wrong, please let me know. (Or if I misheard him when he described his foundation.)

about 5 or more years ago I was prescribed a percussive vest and IIRC it was supposed to cost about 10,000$ (I even had good blue cross/blue shield insurance at the time). I ended up not buying it (just used my rent to own cough assist machine instead). I guess I could google the cost of a percussive vest but I'm to lazy, lol. I don't trust my memory that much so the 10,000$ maybe incorrect.

I did a quick google search and the prices range.....here is one example (I'm not sure of the quality of the product in the link below since I don't have a percussion vest).

https://www.rehabmart.com/category/percussion_vest.htm

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1

Here's my submissions for celebrity doppelgangers:

SnitchChris is Joshua Gomez, formerly Morgan - Chuck's best friend on Chuck. 

Blonde Nick looks an awful lot like Simon Baker, of Mentalist fame.

I couldn't figure out why Becca was so attracted to Infamous Garrett. Two thirds of the time, he doesn't look very good and had a weird kind of sunburn on his face. Maybe they did the interviews with him after he'd been Marguerittavilling in the pool for awhile?

Thought it was great to see so many attractive African Americans in the cast. I completely understand why she'd choose them. I'm not into jocks but those football players looked like a lot of fun. I was also aboard the Joe train, although I do think his job will be very time consuming. He won me over with his terrific sense of humour. I thought he was awfully funny when he told Becca that he started out specializing in selling just....watermelons.

Blake's hair is totally weird, in a Lyle Lovett sort of way. Seems like a nice guy though.

Becca is coming across to me in a company kind of way. Can't picture her rebelling against Fleiss direction in any sort of way. Guess she's what I expected. Not objectionable, but not particularly interesting, at the moment anyway.

Joshua Gomez MORGAN.jpg

Chris Bachelor.jpg

Simon Baker.jpg

Nick Bachelor.jpg

First, enjoying these comments so much!  Maybe because I agree with many of them.  I'm not really sure what I think of Becca yet as the 'ette. I gave her points for kicking the local out for reasons others have covered. Sometimes she's pretty and sometimes she looks kind of like a horse, but she doesn't seem self-centered, rude or to be a nitwit so I imagine she'll be ok.  

I live for football and was familiar with Clay Harbor and Colton Underwood. Harbor is 30 years old and has had a decent career. Underwood was a bit of a benchwarmer, on practice squads, I believe, and was in and out of the sport within two years.  He's just 26 now.  Harbor is one of my favorites so far.

I also liked Ryan and hope they'll allow him to talk more.  I know I'm in the minority but I wasn't feeling Joe the grocer.  I kept expecting him to say badda bing or something.  Sorry!  I'm also not a fan of Jordan and find him more asinine than amusing. He looks like an adolescent Gerber baby.  I just can't with him.   

Still trying to determine exactly who's who but the former globetrotter killed the entrance!  Well done to him.  

Should be interesting… 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Kareem said:

I'm also not a fan of Jordan and find him more asinine than amusing.

Same.

11 hours ago, Kareem said:

He looks like an adolescent Gerber baby.

Yes he does!

Joe had that  Italian charm that put a liitle diversity into the white guy group.  He reminded me of "Moonsttruck".  A little 'bada-bing" wouldn't have killed anyone for awhile.

To each their own but I think Becca is one of the prettier Bachettes.  Certainly not overshadowed by Rachel, JoJo or( Pffftt)...Kaitlyn   Although I found Rachel's looks very charming and different.  Becca is nothing unusual or unique but she's pretty.  (and she didn't need anyone to swear that she actually had a personality , could hold a conversation, and wasn't completely self-absorbed--- we saw her personality first-hand. ) 

I liked David the chicken guy until he started to get into it with Jordan. It made him look petty.

Blake I guess is the one on the ox.  I Hated his wine jacket and black shirt so much I couldn't see past it.  But once he's out of that he's pretty cute and seems to act like an adult in the room.  I think he's a contender.

Who knows if that guy (Colton?) with the CF foundation is a virgin but apparently his family thinks he is ..and it could be for religious reasons that he either is or pretends to be.  But the fact that he dated that back-biting Witch Tia  DQ's him for me.  Not the dating part but the Tia part.

24 minutes ago, seasick said:

I liked David the chicken guy until he started to get into it with Jordan. It made him look petty.

He was one of my top guys until then. Such a shame because he had a lot of potential night one. I'm hoping the Jordan thing was just a one off. Maybe he was having a bad day, really tired, pushed too hard by his handler or Jordan is way more irritating in person (which I can completely believe because people who make "entertaining tv" are rarely ones I'd want to actually hang out with IRL. 

Becca, who is getting the word boring tossed about in regards to her, is someone I would probably love hanging out with. She seems fun and chill but that doesn't necessarily make "good tv". 

I think that's how you can tell the "right reasons" people over the "wrong reasons" people (this is leaving aside the famewhore debate. I think they are all, in some respect, famewhores just by virtue of going on a tv show in the first place). The right reasons ones are the "boring" ones because they're just being themselves and trying to date like normal people while the wrong reasons people are the ones trying too hard to get camera time and are willing to say what their handlers are pushing them to say in their talking heads and doing stupid shit like 'roid rage guy or male model or Crystal and Corrinne to name but a few.