Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: Week 1: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Becca, who is getting the word boring tossed about in regards to her, is someone I would probably love hanging out with. She seems fun and chill but that doesn't necessarily make "good tv". 

Agree. She's especially not going to do the 'dog and pony' show because she want's to keep it down to earth, and as the girls' warned her..don't get caught up in the glamour and whirlwind of the show.  She knows first hand what 'back to reality' is like.  She has to be just a tad gun-shy.

My only argument against the Boring is Nick.  I don't follow social media so I don't know where he went from there..in fact forget who he chose--but I never saw anyone so bored and disinterested.  I wish he would have hooked up with Kaitlyn and both disappeared permanently

(edited)
On 6/3/2018 at 6:10 PM, hyacinth said:

I remember Arie remarked on Becca's self-confidence, which made her seem non-naggy to him, which he liked.     

Her self-confidence makes her a good lead.   (So far.)    She seems convinced she is worthy of their love.  All of their love.   Rachel had that same deranged self-confidence.    If I were the lead, I would be delighted if one or two of the men fell for me.  I remember empathizing with Ashley's more normal (shakier) confidence level.      

I absolutely could emphasize with Ashley's confidence level, especially since her season started on rocky footing that was similar to what Kaitlyn started with--a bunch of the guys (including that one super douche) went into the season thinking that the bachelorette would be a very particular someone else and they wanted it to be that particular someone else. I think that would shake even the most confident of lead. That said, I didn't like Ashley's neurotic insecurity on Brad's season and I liked it less on her season. While I think she's a catch, I didn't think she had the personality to to be a good lead and that while she and JP are great together and good for them and all of that, her season was pretty bad in no small part because of her hand wringing. 

However, I think Rachel, the beautiful attorney with wall to wall attitude, was  not only fun to watch but that her confidence was in no way deranged. 

Edited to mention the actual lead of the actual current season: I do like Becca's self confidence. I don't know that I get it, exactly, but good for her and it seems to work.  I wonder if she's one of those people that are really magnetic irl because I don't think it quite comes across that way on tv.

Edited by nicgwatchingtv
  • Love 1
On 2018-06-08 at 6:05 PM, Kareem said:

I'm not really sure what I think of Becca yet as the 'ette. I gave her points for kicking the local out for reasons others have covered. Sometimes she's pretty and sometimes she looks kind of like a horse, but she doesn't seem self-centered, rude or to be a nitwit so I imagine she'll be ok.  

Nailed it! 

• Love 1