Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Agreed. I haven't watched a lot but i didn't notice anything creepy. Many people are affectionate with children, without nefarious motives.  In context i totally see Hassan using May as a buffer between him and Nicole and the stroking as unconscious or even self-soothing. Men ARE capable of just being good with kids and false accusations can ruin lives. 

I agree - I am the person who worked in the 97% Muslim school (again!) and Muslim men from Africa tend to be very demonstrative with other men and kids, not other women, even their wives.  I think Azan just likes May in a fatherly way and it is a nice distraction from having to touch Nicole.

1 hour ago, SevenCostanza said:

I feel so bad for Olivia and Kensley.  From what I've seen on Instagram lately Molly is still the same.  I think she pisses me off more than any other person on this show.  She's selfish and makes really bad decisions and now she's responsible for Luis for 10 years, oh well maybe she should grow up and be a mother to her kids.

Yep - to have your mom systematically pick a man over you AGAIN and AGAIN is a hurt that never heals. I can hear her in a few years:  "That was in the past!!!  Let it go, y'all!"

• Love 12
On 7/13/2018 at 4:54 PM, magemaud said:

Pedro and Chantel have been married for TWO YEARS, I hardly consider them newlyweds. 

Exactly. They've been married for two years. Mama Chantel keeps hinting darkly at some hidden nefarious secret. What kind of long con are Pedro and his family supposedly running?

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/11/2018 at 8:18 PM, Neurochick said:

Why is Chantel’s family wrong to be concerned about Pedro but it’s fine for Nicole’s family to be concerned about Azan?  Seems like everyone here adores Pedro.  Me, I can’t stand him or his tacky, racist family.

Very different situations.  The way they met, the differences between their home lives, Pedro has a job, Nicole has a child.  Nicole's mother actually seems to be willing to accept Azan if he's for real.  Chantel's parents don't seem to allow that it could be a genuine relationship at all.  And Pedro and Chantel have some things in common - working out for one.  I have yet to see any indication of a single similar interest that Nicole and Azan share.

Personally, I think it's fine for both families to be concerned.  I don't think either family should interfere.  But who knows how much of this show is real anyway?  I remember watching the first season and one of the men told some woman at a bar that the cameramen where there because they were filming a documentary.  It's certainly not in that realm anymore!

Edited by EllaDisco
too many Nicoles!
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

I have yet to see any indication of a single similar interest that Nicole and Azan share.

This just cracked me up because I have no idea what these two even talk about, or why they're together.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, funky-rat said:

If you look at her straight on, she's not bad.  But when she turns sideways and you can see her profile, you see her face is very "flat" and that changes her appearance.  I asked at one point if there are different standards of beauty in the DR because she's been referred to as a "beauty queen" but I'm not sure if the pageant she won (someone posted a video somewhere) is a "real" pageant system, ala Miss Universe, or if it's some vanity thing and money making racket, like 99% of the pageant systems in the US.

It's the Miss Earth pageant.  I've never heard of it.  http://www.missearth.tv/   It's labelled as an environmental pageant and it's been around since 2001.  Legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder.

1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

This just cracked me up because I have no idea what these two even talk about, or why they're together.

Big fuzzy sweaters and how to modify them to expose shoulders?

9 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Chantel's parents don't seem to allow that it could be a genuine relationship at all.

Blame that on Chantel whose original lie about his "student visa" just kept rolling downhill and gathering more mud.

10 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

And Pedro and Nicole have some things in common - working out for one.

Correction?   Pedro and Chantel ??

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Since my friend and I rented the top floor of a house during our senior years in college with absolutely no kitchen I would have been delighted with what David has been offered. There's a sink, refrigerator and cabinets for heaven sakes. In retrospect, I don't know how we did it for a year but we used plastic tubs for dishpans and had an electric hot plate and big toaster oven/broiler. All that is missing at the storage unit is a stove and I am quite sure they could find one on Craig's List for less money than an induction cook plate, rice cooker and toaster oven. (BTW I have an induction cook plate which I love because it saves electricity but they are about $100 and it does require proper cookware to function. )

I got one off the major shopping channel for 50 bucks. Annie does a lot of stir fry and they also have a pan she could  use for that about 30 bucks. Those things along with a hot pot and the microwave should be enough. David can get a cheap charcoal grill too. 

The kid was probably exaggerating about the hot water heater if not , for 10 bucks a month they can join a gym and shower as much as they want. David can work out as a side benefit. Just no ass slapping in the shower.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What kind of long con are Pedro and his family supposedly running?

At this point, the con is a $300 "stipend" to MotherPedro every month--over $7,000 with more to come.  Pedro couldn't afford that if he and Chantel weren't sharing expenses.  Maybe the REAL con is just taking a little longer because of FamilyChantel's interference.  MotherPedro will have to be more astucia.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

I don't think that room over the storage unit office could ever be considered a LEGAL apartment. 

Not sure about their local zoning, but all fire codes require (at minimum) that bedrooms have operable windows for emergency fire egress with minimum requirements for clear width and height when open, and distance from the floor to the bottom of the window opening.  If the windows don't open, the unit doesn't meet the minimum requirements if they use the space as an apartment, rather than using it as an office.  Other codes may apply, depending on what kind of things are stored in the building (source:  I'm an architect).

• Love 2

All great ideas iwasish. What motivated me to get one was an infomercial. You know the one, for a second shipping and handling fee you get a second cook top as well as some pots and pans. I did the calculations and it was no bargain. Got my first on Amazon and my second at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon.

Several of us have suggested solutions to their issues with the kitchen and it has occurred to me that David and Annie are not very good at problem solving.  We know that Tobo waits for Chris to bail him out and by the same token Annie expects David to take care of her. She said as much a few episodes ago. I'm not sure I remember the exact quote but it was along the lines of "You have to take care of me".

• Love 2
On 7/6/2018 at 3:04 PM, booboopbedoo said:

I think Azan is on Immigrations radar and he will NEVER get out of there.

But Russ is broke too!

How about that weird panty dude with the girl from DR??

Russ probably has more earning potential than that dude. He works for the DMV.

26 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

All great ideas iwasish. What motivated me to get one was an infomercial. You know the one, for a second shipping and handling fee you get a second cook top as well as some pots and pans. I did the calculations and it was no bargain. Got my first on Amazon and my second at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon.

Several of us have suggested solutions to their issues with the kitchen and it has occurred to me that David and Annie are not very good at problem solving.  We know that Tobo waits for Chris to bail him out and by the same token Annie expects David to take care of her. She said as much a few episodes ago. I'm not sure I remember the exact quote but it was along the lines of "You have to take care of me".

Poor Annie! Can you imagine if you hitched your wagon to that star? Her situation is bleak indeed.

On 7/11/2018 at 6:52 PM, DVDFreaker said:

If Nicole really named May after her favorite condiment, that is really sad

Maybe it was a different abbreviation? Like she asked the biological father for a second date and he said Maybe?

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, funky-rat said:

I asked at one point if there are different standards of beauty in the DR because she's been referred to as a "beauty queen" but I'm not sure if the pageant she won (someone posted a video somewhere) is a "real" pageant system, ala Miss Universe,

I looked up Miss Earth and it is a legit pageant and actually one of the “Big Four” along with Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss international. It has an environmental theme. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I looked up Miss Earth and it is a legit pageant and actually one of the “Big Four” along with Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss international. It has an environmental theme. 

I can't believe they couldn't have done better than Nicole, lawyer momma likely bribed the judges. I watched her pageant video and she was very wooden, has zero personality and her walk was terrible...no bueno. Also if she can afford expensive pageant dresses then why all the harvesting of Pedro's American dollar?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 5

AND she won the DR title before she had braces! Somehow she doesn't strike me as the type who is passionate about the environment, but I'll bet the Family Chantel are jealous that Nicole was chosen to represent her country in an international pageant. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I don't know how we did it for a year

It's amazing what you can do when you have no choice.  My husband and I hit really hard times and had to start over literally with nothing.  We got jobs working nights at the local supermarket and yes the jobs sucked big time but it gave us money to live.  We rented an income restricted tiny apartment and for 6 months we each slept on an air mattress because that's all we had.  Our only furniture was two metal folding chairs.  We kept going and both of us eventually got better jobs, we bought a bed and some furniture from Ikea.  Our younger daughter joined us and we all moved to a nicer bigger apartment and things aren't so bad anymore. We're actually planning our first vacation in 5 years.   Bottom line is you do what you need to do to survive,  People like David "I have a Masters Degree I can't work for $10 an hour"  make me sick.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, iwasish said:

I got one off the major shopping channel for 50 bucks. Annie does a lot of stir fry and they also have a pan she could  use for that about 30 bucks. Those things along with a hot pot and the microwave should be enough. David can get a cheap charcoal grill too. 

The kid was probably exaggerating about the hot water heater if not , for 10 bucks a month they can join a gym and shower as much as they want. David can work out as a side benefit. Just no ass slapping in the shower.

10 bucks a month for a gym?   Not here.  80$ for single.  110$ for couples.  All gyms around here. 

On 7/12/2018 at 10:23 PM, Neurochick said:

Mixed race?  Some black people are just Light Skinned.  Not mixed race at all.  I’m the same color has Chantel’s father and both of my parents are black.  Sorry but it annoys me when people assume a person is mixed just because they are light skinned,

Neuro, I used to think the same thing. I am not as light skinned as the Family Chantal, but light skinned. Both my parents were Black. My genetics test (23 and Me) shows that I am 25 percent European, as well as some Asian, and Native American. My cousin, also from  Black parents,  is 63 percent European. We're almost all mixed race.  Even a lot of White people have African ancestry when tested. As we all know, race is a social construct. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I feel so bad for Olivia and Kensley.  From what I've seen on Instagram lately Molly is still the same.  I think she pisses me off more than any other person on this show.  She's selfish and makes really bad decisions and now she's responsible for Luis for 10 years, oh well maybe she should grow up and be a mother to her kids.

I don't want to get in trouble for sharing spoilers from social media, but yes, the little I saw of her instagram killed any semblance of sympathy I had for her. And that's all I will say. She's NOT a nice person.

• Love 7
On 2018-07-01 at 7:38 PM, DVDFreaker said:

Russell and Pabola-I am starting to lose interest in their storyline 

Annie and David-Good for Nancy not to give David money and I had to laugh when David said he felt confident that he would find a job soon but Annie made that face and that dinner conversation is embarrassing 

Molly and Luis-Boring!

Nicole and Hassam-Nicole should have let her mom ask the hard questions to get this shit over with! 

Chantel and Pedro-I started laughing when Chantel’s mom said she is going to cook a very special dinner for Nicole and Chantel is such an idiot for telling her family what happened and inviting Pedro and Nicole to a family dinner is going to create another big mess and does River ever shut up?

Jorge and Anfisa-It is pathetic that Jorge thinks money will fix their relationship 

This season is quite pathetic. Russ and Pao should not even be on anymore. Their storyline has become so lame. It’s  just over  already. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Actually, Molly's dad told her to slow it down and raised questions about Luis.  Molly's reaction was to accuse her dad of never supporting her, complain about him to her mother, and basically separate herself from him and his opinion/advice.

Ashley (David's daughter) did try to tell Annie about how irresponsible David is, but her delivery was horrible as she was really emotional about it.  However, Annie's bottom line was coming to the U.S., so it didn't matter what anyone had to say.

Yep - Molly's dad raised all kinds of questions, but she dismissed him as "racist" and ignored it all.  Whether he really is or not, I can't say.  I don't know him. 

If Ashley would have been calm and non-confrontational, it might have turned out differently, but probably not.

16 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Yep - to have your mom systematically pick a man over you AGAIN and AGAIN is a hurt that never heals. I can hear her in a few years:  "That was in the past!!!  Let it go, y'all!"

It usually goes one of two ways.  Either the kids parrot the parent's example and turns out doing the same thing (as some of my husband's relatives have done) or they emerge scarred, but determined, and get as far away from their parent as possible (as others of my husband's relatives have done).  Either way, relationships are damaged.  His relatives who went on in spite of a parent's bad behavior are often categorized as "ungrateful" or "hateful" by those who buy the sob story of the parent.  I cringed so hard when Molly's business partner said Olivia was in the wrong and being bratty because Molly deserves happiness.  Ugh.

10 hours ago, magemaud said:

I have never heard of it.  Not one news story, and have never seen it on TV.  I looked it up myself, and apparently it's less than 20 years old, and operates out of The Philippines, so that's likely why.  I've heard of Miss Universe and Miss World.  They also list "Miss International" in that group of 4 - another one I've never heard of, and that's been around a lot longer.

9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

10 bucks a month for a gym?   Not here.  80$ for single.  110$ for couples.  All gyms around here. 

8 hours ago, Me from ME said:

Even Planet Fitness or a place like the Y? Heck, they could join the Y ostensibly to take swimming lessons. Showering is mandatory before getting in the water. Two birds, one stone.

Planet Fitness here is cheap, but the Y is not.  Some places it's well over $50/mo for just one person.  Plus they charge an initiation fee.  Still, a gym membership is nice for when things happen.  I accidentally underpaid our water bill by $10 once.  I came home to no water.  Found the 10 day notice and the shutoff notice tucked in the door to our basement, instead of the front door.  I was livid, and had water restored the next day, but I used my gym card and took my husband in as a guest, and we showered there.

• Love 1

Oh, come on.....

Every Sunday I say "I'm going to go in early tomorrow, and get lots of work done before my phone starts ringing...."

And then I remember I have to watch 90 Day Fiance, which is well past my bedtime. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Quof said:

hOh, come on.....

Every Sunday I say "I'm going to go in early tomorrow, and get lots of work done before my phone starts ringing...."

And then I remember I have to watch 90 Day Fiance, which is well past my bedtime. 

I hear you, the last thing I ever want to do is wish for a Sunday night, But this is just crapstastic tv. I want more David/Annie and hASSan & baby Huey. Paopao and her car=reer can stay in Columbia.  

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
On 7/14/2018 at 10:13 AM, AZChristian said:

River didn't actually throw anything . . . he batted at the Ikea light fixture, and it swung towards Pedro.  Good thing it didn't break, or the AirB&B owners would be suing for damages. 

Father Chantel's name is Thomas.  He was just mad because he had to stop eating wings to try to break up the fight.  He was literally chomping away while Karen and River were on either side of him screaming at Pedro.

Hope Pedro didn't break the table when he kicked it . . . the AirB&B owners WOULD sue for that.

Now that I read Thomas, i realize that I did know his name.

I went back and watched the scene again because I missed River saying the N-Word, and he absolutely threw something at Pedro, at almost the same time as he was cursing him, twice. Pedro was saying something and River threw something small and hard looking, a roll or chicken wing maybe. Pedro jumped up yelling "What'd you say?", River jumped up and threw the napkin which hit the light fixture. I think that it may have only been shown on the "Extended" version, which is the one I watched, because so many people didn't see it while many of us did. 

I hope Pedro did break the table and I hope River broke the light fixture so Sharp had to pay up. It would probably be covered by the AirBnB insurance, though, if I was willing to acknowledge that it isn't Family Chantel's home, which I'm not because I find it funnier that way.

If I lived in a nice home, with nice furnishings, and possibly something someone would find worthy to break in to steal, I would make whoever wanted to film me rent a place, too. I'm just not giving Family Chantel any credit for it because it's funnier to me that they hold themselves out as supremely polished but then force their family to sit at the table made for four in that small space and serve them grocery store ready made food, which I'm actually not throwing shade at although leaving it in the disposable trays and eating off paper plates while acting all polished is so Family Chantel. I mean, it just sums them up.

Every single person in the Chantel story line is a ridiculous waste of oxygen who only exists for our amusement. Both mothers behave horribly which sets the tone for their kids to be little assholes, too. River and Nicole would have been shut down at any dinner in my family, even if an adult was acting like an ass. My grandmother could be cursing up a storm but if she heard the N-word, she would have been all over you. 

20 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

And Pedro and Nicole have some things in common - working out for one.

Bwhahahahaha. Typo too good to fix. In all seriousness, Pedro and Nicole do have sending money overseas in common, which is more than Nicole has in common with Azan. Nicole and Azan probably compete for who can stare at their phone screen the longest.

• Love 4
On 7/2/2018 at 9:14 AM, Chickabiddy said:

I also got a bone to pick with Ashley for judging Annie for working in a blow job bar when her dad met her. I mean, why the fuck you think David was in the BJ bar in the first place? He wasn't hanging in there for the drinks.  Why does she deserve more moral judgement than the sleazy guy coming in to get one?  Ashley needs to stop taking her daddy issues out on Annie. Someone with her three kids and different baby daddies at such a young age should be a little more sensitive (and self aware) to how people can judge you unfairly for mistakes or circumstances beyond your control that led you to where you are in life. 

So much this. And ON ANOTHER NOTE- a poor young girl/woman in thailand does not have the same autonomy that a girl of a similar age has in the USA. Young girls & women are trafficked/forced into prostitution and the “trading” of sexual favors for food, money, protection EVERY DAY in the USA. We don’t know why Annie was in that bar, it may have been her only means of survival, she may have been forced by her family, it’s not as if she hurt someone (we know all the men there were there willingly). Maybe have some empathy for another human being....

• Love 3
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

Was there a "first look" episode this week that I missed? 

Yes, there was a 30-minute preview on Friday night at 10 pm EST.  Jorge made contact with his ex-girlfriend and admitted on the phone (with Anfisa listening intently) that he had met the baby and bought presents for her several years ago.  Of course, he is still denying paternity.  Nicole phoned home to ask her father to find the original criminal background check letter located somewhere in her apartment and bring it with him when he comes to Morocco.  Annie reluctantly agreed to live in the apartment above the storage unit store because David explained that they basically had no other choice. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2018-07-04 at 7:08 AM, DVDFreaker said:

I was close enough, good job digging to find her age! 

Nicole will take a interest in her daughter whenever "My world" dumps her

It just sickens me the way Azan is always pawing at that child. Nicole is friggin clueless and it all started when she had that poor little girl calling Azan “daddy”

Edited by Xena1833
  • Love 1
On 7/9/2018 at 10:07 PM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Regarding Annie's expectations, remember last season when she had lunch with Chris's  wife and revealed to her that Chris was a co-sponsor? Then in her TH smuggly said that Chris would have to care for her if Penguin and his flapping ass cheeks didn't? She was banking  on Chris, not Heffalump, but then that fell  apart. She lost her safety net, at least as long as she and David are together, and David has proved useless, thus her petulance.

She was sure she would have a McMansion life thanks to deep pockets Chris.

I remember that!  I also remember when Chris asked her if she would give him massages.   But,  if he co-sponsored her,  isn't her responsible for Annie for ten years?

• Love 2
On 7/10/2018 at 1:12 PM, poeticlicensed said:

I was thinking the same thing. Something tells me that her police report contains a few things that, although perhaps not enough to keep her from marrying her world, might be embarrassing. I was wondering what they are looking for. Arrests, convictions, and if so, what kind. I would not be surprised if our little Nicole did a bit of shopping lifting, maybe wrote bad checks or something of that nature.  I'd also be interesting in knowing if there are hard rules for what kinds of police activity might disqualify a person? Could a  misdemeanor do it? 

I think there might be a few restraining orders in her record.

• Love 1
(edited)

Mama Chantel, wandering around the house babbling in Spanglish  (why? Who there doesn’t speak English?)

The marks on Rivers face, where they lipstick?

Mama Chantel.... “and we were having such a nice time”

9 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Am I evil for laughing when, in the middle of the melee, Chantal sat on the chair, hand to her head and shrieked? 

Maybe she can get a job on the same telenovela as Pao? 

Nicole saying it annoys her when people say all these obstacles are signs against marrying and Azan saying he thinks the timing isnt right for them to marry!!!

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Mother Chantel waving those weaves around while attempting to speak Spanish to the camera was classic.

River's facial bruise looked more like Sister Pedro's lipstick. Did his cheek land on her lips during that pile up?

Winter told Chantel that Nicole bit River’s face.  I think that is what was said.  I don’t have my closed captioning on.

• Love 5