Type keyword(s) to search

Season 3 Discussion

• Start Topic

What the hell is a Tobo? Is he like the Tattoo of Fantasy Thailand? And I just wanna scream every time I hear him say to Annie, "I'm doing my best". Its maddening.

I tend to think the May is the "Shield Wall" for Azan. Nicole can't get all grab happy with him if he's holding May. Makes me ill when she gazes at him all adoring like. Blechhh.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

The issue wasn't with Nicole's birth certificate; it was her police record.  You have to present the original with the stamp/seal, because a copy could be easily altered.  Based on how subdued Nicole appeared, I have a feeling that was a hoax, because the situation could be easily remedied.  She made a copy, which means she has an original.  Unless I am mistaken, her father planned to attend the wedding.  All she had to do was tell him where to find the original and have him bring it.  Something about that story  just doesn't seem right. 

Maybe she DID alter the original, hence the problem.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2018 at 12:46 AM, Gigglepuff said:

I think Molly's brother is cute. 

*I will run away and hide in shame now* 

When I look at him, I can't unsee Luke Wheeler of TV's Nashville.

• Love 1
On 7/9/2018 at 2:48 AM, magemaud said:

You may be right about Nicole needing something like a Sheriff’s report, but wouldn’t that just show whether or not you have a clean record while at your current residence? 

And why would that take weeks to get?  So many questions...  Like, couldn't Nicole and Azan just keep the date of the ceremony and then get legally married in front of a judge later?  And who makes a home-cooked meal and then serves it in large foil take-out containers? ...I don't know.  Methinks something is fishy at The House Chantal.  (And I 100% agree with the poster who observed it's probably a rental property for filming.)    

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NoSpam said:

And for all the concern we often see about stranger danger and pedos dating women with young children, the statistics show most abuse happens within families.

According to the US Department of Justice:

• An estimated 60% of perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the child but are not family members, e.g., family friends, babysitters, child care providers, neighbors.
  • About 30% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family members.
  • Only about 10% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are strangers to the child.
  • Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, ladle said:

And why would that take weeks to get?  So many questions...  Like, couldn't Nicole and Azan just keep the date of the ceremony and then get legally married in front of a judge later?  And who makes a home-cooked meal and then serves it in large foil take-out containers? ...I don't know.  Methinks something is fishy at The House Chantal.  (And I 100% agree with the poster who observed it's probably a rental property for filming.)    

I'll admit I've done this. I have beautiful serving pieces, but depending on the occasion, especially if it's just family, I use those containers. Since I'm the one who winds up doing the clean up, these containers are easy. 

Why did Chantal ask her mom if she did the cooking and her mom replied "yes"? She could have easily said, "No, I ordered out for us." Her kitchen was awfully clean though. 

I have question. Why was Father Chantal wearing a sports coat to their family dinner? Do they have a dinner dress code or something?

Edited by zenme
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, zenme said:

I'll admit I've done this. I have beautiful serving pieces, but depending on the occasion, especially if it's just family, I use those containers. Since I'm the one who winds up doing the clean up, these containers are easy. 

Why did Chantal as her mom if she did the cooking and her mom replied "yes"? She could have easily said, "No, I ordered out for us." Her kitchen was awfully clean though. 

She was worried that her mom cooked something weird or gross tasting in revenge for the chicken feet. I think she quickly took some of the same thing her mom offered Nicole just to make sure it wasn’t a set up. It looked like some tater tot casserole.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This. They were dead set against it from jump. River was sooooo upset he couldn't go to school! (probably spent the day in bed, sobbing, with his smelling salts and endless nice cups of cambric tea, brought to him by Winter, who has to earn her keep). Mama Chantel was already clinging to the notion that Pedro was going to fleece Chantel, empty her bank account, and dump her once he received that holy of holies, a green card. Hence the forced pre-nup. Meanwhile, Pedro signed the pre-nup, got a job, worked hard, got his green card, stayed with Chantel and shows no signs of leaving her. He doesn't harm her. She shows no signs of being abused (except emotionally, by her family). But Mama Chantel, along with her weak and spineless husband, rather than try to accept the reality that their grown daughter was married and seemed happy, was determined to end the marriage any way she could. Dammit, she was going to prove that Pedro had something up his sleeve! She's been hinting darkly at this for TWO YEARS and has found not one shred of evidence of any trickery. But she's been pouring poison into her idiotic daughter's ears all this time. And Chantel has caved. She will not stand up for her husband. She will not stand up to her harpy of a mother. If you tell a lie long enough, with enough conviction, people start to believe it. Chantel believes it. Pedro should run as fast as he can. Chantel's weird creepy family will never accept him. Ever.

And the worst thing? Chantel will never get out from under it. She and Pedro will divorce, and her mother will say, "we told you he was no good." And she will never live it down.

Putting aside that they had to stay for script purposes--if it was real life? I would have walked out the door the minute Mama Chantel started with her patronizing, insulting Spanglish questions. And if my spouse didn't come with me, that would have been it. Good bye. What dreadful people.

Not to mention Chantel told the lie that started it all!! But they were convinced that their daughter Chantel the patron saint of the $8.00 H & M weekly special jersey knit mini skirt and the "won't he do it" church flats was manipulated into the lie by Pedro the patron saint of the harvested American dollar. 

• Love 20
(edited)
20 hours ago, Stillconfused said:

I tried to be impartial about him, ie nerves and all but he was inappropriate with Mae before Nicole's mom arrived. When they were on the balcony Hassan kept stroking Mae up and down her body and no one said a word! I just about went crazy yelling at the TV. Guy is always carrying her around like a trophy or something. GROSS.

I’m convinced he’s gay, and May is probably the child he always wanted but never thought he’d have. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, zenme said:

Why did Chantal ask her mom if she did the cooking and her mom replied "yes"? She could have easily said, "No, I ordered out for us." Her kitchen was awfully clean though. 

I have question. Why was Father Chantal wearing a sports coat to their family dinner? Do they have a dinner dress code or something?

And I'm the opposite.  I would never serve what is meant to be a nice dinner in those containers, but I absolutely would dress up.

49 minutes ago, ladle said:

I have had to get police record checks many times for work.  Sometimes they come quickly and other times they take weeks.  It has nothing to do with me (my record or lack thereof hasn't changed).  I think it depends on whether administration at the time considers this a priority or something that is taking away from their priorities.

10 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

I have had to get police record checks many times for work.  Sometimes they come quickly and other times they take weeks.  It has nothing to do with me (my record or lack thereof hasn't changed).  I think it depends on whether administration at the time considers this a priority or something that is taking away from their priorities.

I've had to get a background check run, too, so I see this.  But if she has a copy of the results, doesn't this presumably mean that either she or whoever ran the check has an original somewhere?  That's why I'm assuming it wouldn't take weeks -- since they're not actually running the check but giving her the original document for a check they've already run?  I have no idea.  I'm probably thinking way too deeply about this trainwreck.   

• Love 2
3 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I think he wants to move back to Thailand and become a lead player in the Ping Pong Bar. I mean . . . with an ass the size of his . . . he could shoot basketballs out of it with enough hot air to keep the bar warm and troublesome patrons knocked the hell out. And because I'm sure he's not working with much junk in the front, he could then spin the basketball like the Harlem Globetrotters do on their little fingers for an encore. He would either pack the bar for shits and giggles or make everyone throw up their drinks so often they'd need to buy more. Win/win.

There goes my San Pellegrino all over the keyboard! I’m dead right now ?

2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

The issue wasn't with Nicole's birth certificate; it was her police record.  You have to present the original with the stamp/seal, because a copy could be easily altered.  Based on how subdued Nicole appeared, I have a feeling that was a hoax, because the situation could be easily remedied.  She made a copy, which means she has an original.  Unless I am mistaken, her father planned to attend the wedding.  All she had to do was tell him where to find the original and have him bring it.  Something about that story  just doesn't seem right. 

Like anyone could find anything Nicole left behind. Did you see her apartment? Her packing skills?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

According to the US Department of Justice:

• An estimated 60% of perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the child but are not family members, e.g., family friends, babysitters, child care providers, neighbors.
  • About 30% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family members.
  • Only about 10% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are strangers to the child.

Reported cases.

for obvious reasons, familial cases are underreported. But that's a topic for the Duggar thread.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’m convinced he’s gay, and May is probably the child he always wanted but never thought he’d have. 

Agreed.

I had pings from the friend he went to the airport to meet Nicole with in season 1,too.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

"won't he do it" church flats

Thank you so much for this!  I'm still giggling, and I own those church flats! Family Chantal can kick rocks.  Pedro's mother and sister are jerks, too, but The United (as opposed to The Dominican) is the Family Chantal home turf and they use that advantage to participate in group bullying.  Then--and this is the part that makes me mad--they act like they're surprised that Pedro can't stand them.  Why did you do that, indeed.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

Thank you so much for this!  I'm still giggling, and I own those church flats! Family Chantal can kick rocks.  Pedro's mother and sister are jerks, too, but The United (as opposed to The Dominican) is the Family Chantal home turf and they use that advantage to participate in group bullying.  Then--and this is the part that makes me mad--they act like they're surprised that Pedro can't stand them.  Why did you do that, indeed.

So do I LMAO :) ... 

• Love 1
On 7/9/2018 at 9:28 AM, sainte-chapelle said:

I work for a cultural institution where on Monday mornings everyone talks about some wonderful documentaries they have watched or some new and inspiring art show they attended........here I am watching this mess lol. It is my dirty little secret.

I was on a shuttle bus in Bryce Canyon National Park and as we were getting off, Mr. Outlier said, "Did you hear that lady in the back taking about 90-Day Fiance?"  I said, "What??"  And he said she was trying to talk to her husband about it and he just grumped, "Aaah, I don't watch that stuff."  I was so pissed he hadn't told me when it was happening, because I would have gladly jumped up and told that husband to swap seats with me so his wife and I could dish.

• Love 21

I thought it was surprising when Robbalee was attempting to talk with Azan's mother that May went over to Robbalee and tried to take her hand. Robbalee didn't attempt to reciprocate or acknowledge her in any way. 

• Love 4

Random thought about this week’s shit show...

No Molly, you don’t get to deport your imported boy toy just because he soured on your stomach and you don’t want to spend anymore money.  Like you seriously never saw this as a remote possibility? Really?!?

Patrick Star and Anfisa- why is she still there? You can’t be upset about the possibility of child support if you marry a man with a possible child.  Why wasn’t the DNA test taken before the wedding.  I’d want to know.  Can we vote for them to go on Maury?  He’d get to the bottom of this fuckery.

Jabba the Slut and Azan- this is a textbook case why you shouldn’t marry someone in their country when you don’t speak their language.  He translated the conversations between the moms to suit his needs.  And if my fiancé referred to me in that impersonal, transactional way he did Nicole “this American girl I want to marry”, I’d  kick his nuts in!  I’ve seen more passion picking steaks from behind the glass at the butcher’s counter.  No, not that one, the one in the back.  No, no the next one, no, nex...yep, that one.  Thanks so much!  I also think she’s dumb and lazy enough to think a paper copy would work because that’s about as much effort as she puts into motherhood and life, minimal effort hoping to get by.  

Pao and Puss- Bitch please! You spent the entire trip traipsing around Columbia with Juan, so don’t act like family is #1 to you.  While I know what it’s like to lose a grandma, I didn’t spend my last visit with her hanging with friends.  Now if she shopped less and wore her own hair, she could go home at least twice a year.  

David Poor is the absolute worst.  I worked in a hardware store to pay for my doctorate. You do what you have to do, especially when someone else is depending on you. You have outdated skills and a shitty job history mired in scandal.  Who the natural fuck do you think is going to hire your old, fat ass again?  Yeah age discrimination is illegal, but as a person who investigates this shit for a living, people do it all the time.  It’s usually quite difficult to prove.  I thought the storage facility looked reasonable. It was clean and spacious.  And what the hell is Annie so bourgie about? You married a broke, drunk schmuck.  This is your life.  David Poor is the antithesis of every goal and aspiration she has.  I’d be on the first flight back home.  I have to give her credit for calling him on his bullshit though.  She does a better job aststopping bullshit lies than Anfisa.  

As for Chantal and Pedro-  I really, really don’t like Pedro.  I refuse to romanticize his plight as the hardworking immigrant who just wants to support his family, and that his transgressions are just cultural differences.  Every country has assholes and he’s one of them.  Leave and cleave asshole!  He should have put his sister in check long ago.  Maybe he wouldn’t want to disrespect his mom, but he owes Skeletorette nothing.  And whether or not Chantal’s family were jerks to him or not, there’s no way he should be ok with his sister disrespect hid wife in their home.  That tit fit tat shit is childish and a man who does not defend his wife comes off as uncaring.  When Nicole and Chantal started arguing, he immediately jumped to the sister’s defense instead if telling them both to STFU. What a fuckwad!  

OTOH, Mama Chantal is a messy bitch and she knew what she was doing. I don’t think she bargained for it turning out the way it did.  I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I’m with River on this one.  Yeah he’s a jerk, but so is Pedro. Pedro also seems to have a way of talking crazy to people.  For the record, you are not about to come into a black woman’s house and point your finger in her face, AND raise your voice.  In the American South?  Not. About. To. Happen. It wouldn’t have gotten violent in my family, but your ass wouldn’t do it again.  River hit the light, but Pedro jumped at him, so he was stewing for a fight too.  

And this one might get me kicked off the forum, but fuck it. What the hell did Nicole jump in for?  I couldn’t tell if River hit her or was just trying to get away, but I’m glad somebody got her ass.  I’ve been saying all along she needed to be busted in her big piranha mouth.  No, I dont think a man should hit a woman, but women like Nicole make it easy to understand how it could happen.  She’s a messy, condescending, class A shit stirer and she got what she deserved.  The shit was funny when they were in on the joke on Chantal’s family in the DR.  Now they saw how it felt.  I think Family Chantal is awful in lots of ways, but Pedro has done many things to make you not like or want to trust him.  He’s been rude from day one.  

• Love 23

she had plenty of time to reunite with May at the airport and the ride to Azans home. Once settled in the apartment, there was going to be “adult conversation” even with the language barrier. That was the perfect time for Nicole to give her the IPad and ask her to sit quietly while the adults talk. Just because she’s 4 doesn’t mean she can’t grasp the concept. I didn’t see anything wrong with Robbalee’s failure to interact with her at that moment. She’s there to meet Azan and  his family and concerned for her daughter. Actually it might have been a better idea for Nicole to take May out for a walk  and let her mother talk to Azan and his family alone.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

d spacious.  And what the hell is Annie so bourgie about? You married a broke, drunk schmuck.  This is your life.  David Poor is the antithesis of every goal and aspiration she has.  I’d be on the first flight back home.  I have to give her credit for calling him on his bullshit though.  She does a better job aststopping bullshit lies than Anfisa.  

Agree that she calls him on his bullshit, but unless she packs her bags and heads to the airport instead of scowling and cursing, she’s going to be living in a homeless shelter with no shower at all. She’ll do better to go back to Thailand and spit ping pong balls out of her vaj and be more discriminating in the future when looking for her ticket to America. 

• Love 5
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

David Poor is the absolute worst.  I worked in a hardware store to pay for my doctorate. You do what you have to do, especially when someone else is depending on you. You have outdated skills and a shitty job history mired in scandal.  Who the natural fuck do you think is going to hire your old, fat ass again?  Yeah age discrimination is illegal, but as a person who investigates this shit for a living, people do it all the time.  It’s usually quite difficult to prove.  I thought the storage facility looked reasonable. It was clean and spacious.  And what the hell is Annie so bourgie about? You married a broke, drunk schmuck.  This is your life.  David Poor is the antithesis of every goal and aspiration she has.  I’d be on the first flight back home.  

Weight discrimination may pose an even greater obstacle than age discrimination in David Poor's case.   Again, it's not supposed to happen, but it does.  An employer will look at him and think, What a train wreck.  No discipline.  No self-control.  No self-respect.  Oh, and you have a mail order bride?    Thanks.  We'll call you.

As for Annie, when did the American dream become I go to America so someone take care of me and give me house, car and family?

I get her predicament -- being married to David Poor must feel like the universe is laughing at you -- but it still grates when she expresses her dissatisfaction at David's inability/refusal to take care of her.   As you said, the storage facility isn't the Ritz Carlton but at the same time neither is it the hovel she came from.  

You would think her attitude is a luxury she can't afford, but I suspect it stems from her knowledge that she has options David doesn't.   She CAN bail on him and hit the reset button back in Thailand.   She CAN make Chris support her, even if he refuses to do the same for Oswald J. Cobblepot.   For David, he's running on fumes and nearing the end of the road.    I don't know how he can sleep at night knowing how close he is to living in a cardboard box.  

It seems more than obvious that David is a very damaged individual.   You wonder how people become homeless -- here it is, for all to see.   The ice is cracking beneath him but he's so deep in denial that he won't or can't budge.   He needs immediate professional help, not to be on some half-assed reality show for us all to snicker at (myself included).

Edited by millennium
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, millennium said:

Weight discrimination may pose an even greater obstacle than age discrimination in David Poor's case.   Again, it's not supposed to happen, but it does.  An employer will look at him and think, What a train wreck.  No discipline.  No self-control.  No self-respect.  Oh, and you have a mail order bride?    Thanks.  We'll call you.

As for Annie, when did the American dream become I go to America so someone take care of me and give me house, car and family?

I get her predicament -- being married to David Poor must feel like the universe is laughing at you -- but it still grates when she expresses her dissatisfaction at David's inability/refusal to take care of her.   As you said, the storage facility isn't the Ritz Carlton but at the same time neither is it the hovel she came from.  

You would think her attitude is a luxury she can't afford, but I suspect it stems from her knowledge that she has options David doesn't.   She CAN bail on him and hit the reset button back in Thailand.   She CAN make Chris support her, even if he refuses to do the same for Oswald J. Cobblepot.   For David, he's running on fumes and nearing the end of the road.    I don't know how he can sleep at night knowing how close he is to living in a cardboard box.  

It seems more than obvious that David is a very damaged individual.   You wonder how people become homeless -- here it is, for all to see.   The ice is cracking beneath him but he's so deep in denial that he won't or can't budge.   He needs immediate help, not to be on some half-assed reality show for us all to snicker at (myself included).

Unless the show is a scam and he’s collecting a nice check and both of them, actually all of them are just playing along with a script. Which the longer time goes on the more I suspect it is. 

• Love 7

As for Chantal and Pedro-  I really, really don’t like Pedro.  I refuse to romanticize his plight as the hardworking immigrant who just wants to support his family, and that his transgressions are just cultural differences.  Every country has assholes and he’s one of them.  Leave and cleave asshole! 

I am with you there.  I am very sensitive to sending money home when you don't have a lot of it; how did Nicole pay for her braces, for example?  Pedro's responsibility is to Chantal.

And how do they get past that fight?  They both picked their own families over each other; seriously, how in the world could they stay married after that?

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Boofish said:

Not to mention Chantel told the lie that started it all!! But they were convinced that their daughter Chantel the patron saint of the $8.00 H & M weekly special jersey knit mini skirt and the "won't he do it" church flats was manipulated into the lie by Pedro the patron saint of the harvested American dollar. 

AND the appalling Family Chantel blame Pedro for it. Their denial is so strong that they think Evil Pedro forced their spotless princess to lie. Pedro cannot win with these people. All Pedro has done is send money home. Family Chantel made the rules on day one. They told him they didn't trust him and made him sign a prenup. Why should Pedro meekly hand his pay packet to Chantel? So she can get more lash extensions and cheap cocktail dresses from H&M? Maybe that money is going to help support other family members, like his abuela in the hills. His in laws made it crystal clear that Chantel's money was hers. So, Pedro's money is his. He pays the bills and disposes of his disposable income as he sees fit. They made the rules. Now they can reap what they've sown. 

And when they get divorced as they surely will, River will crow "I told you he wasn't right for you!" and Papa Chantel will smirk insufferably, and Mama Chantel will rub it in endlessly. Ugh. I would not want to spend five minutes in the presence of these monsters. 

3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Like anyone could find anything Nicole left behind. Did you see her apartment? Her packing skills?

Nicole's apartment has surely been emptied, repainted and rented to another young mother in need. She's moving to Morocco for at least a year! She's not going to pay rent on a place she's not living in. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

There goes my San Pellegrino all over the keyboard! I’m dead right now ?

I expected a scene of her slowly pulling that bridal gown out of a suitcase amid used socks, crumpled shirts, and half-empty bags of Bugles.

• Love 10
(edited)

Man, David should really re-think the storage facility, Annie needs to STFU and deal with a hot plate & crock pot - they could make another 1K an episode if I was in charge at TLC

image.thumb.png.36006497f2efbf5aee5bbef66c3eb3af.png

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
In case people never watched Storage Wars
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Unless the show is a scam and he’s collecting a nice check and both of them, actually all of them are just playing along with a script. Which the longer time goes on the more I suspect it is. 

You may be right.  I tend to take things at face value.

Assuming you are correct, what do we have?  A grown man so desperate for -- what?  love?  attention?  money? -- that he has willingly debased himself and his family before the eyes of the world.

Sooner or later this gravy train is going to stop, possibly leaving him in a worse position than his "character" is in right now.   He'll forever be that fat loser from 90 Day Fiance.  

Either way, he's fucked in the head, IMO.

9 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Man, David should really re-think the storage facility, Annie needs to STFU and deal with a hot plate & crock pot - they could make another 1K an episode if I was in charge at TLC

image.thumb.png.36006497f2efbf5aee5bbef66c3eb3af.png

Yup!

• Love 2

I agree with Chantel's family.  They should be concerned about fucking shady Pedro, his shadiness just oozes off him.  I mean look at Azan, who is clearly scamming Nicole.  Maybe they don't want her to wind up like Dani, screaming, "Pedro frauded me."  Foreigners aren't all innocent you know. 

And I don't like Anfisa either, but Jorge's worse because he has zero idea as to how to be in a relationship.  I don't even know why Anfisa is still there, probably the $$$ TLC is paying her. 

I don't like Russ, but Paola should have explained her relationship with Juan to her husband.  I sensed that Juan is probably gay, maybe his parents disowned him when he came out, or maybe he's not out to them, and Paola and he were like brother and sister or something; that would explain why he's so protective of her.  Maybe he feels that because Russ is from Oklahoma and not NYC or Miami or LA, that he's some kind of homophobe.  But I put that on Paola, who should have explained her relationship to Russ, AND she should have told Juan to stop being so fucking dramatic.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I’m positive the original is covered in white out.

As a high school teacher, I concur that this is what happened.  That's why everything else was an original document but this one was a copy.  She thought she could outsmart the system (and I might add that I am SO glad that some of my students think that they're smarter than I am and that they can outsmart me as that's how I catch them...).  I also think that's why she was so subdued when told they couldn't get married without the original copy-she knew she had been caught.  No immediate call to her father to get the original, no immediate call to FedEx-she was flat-out caught.   It's also why Judge Judy and Judge Marilyn Milian want to see originals and/or original text messages and not copies.  

While I think Pedro and Chantel have both made many, many, many poor decisions in their marriage, I can't believe that Family Chantel violated Guests' Rights (Red Wedding anyone?).  I believe that Family Chantel has baited Pedro ever since they met him.  And why would River believe that he can defend Chantel but that Pedro should not defend Nicole?  Chantel was just as bad as her mother in egging on the fight.  She tends to immediately turn on Nicole-starting in the Dominican Republic when she misunderstood what Nicole said and then said even worse things to Nicole.  Family Chantel is just too much drama and they revel in it.

Annie really gives off an entitled vibe to me.  When I lived in Japan, there was nothing included in the kitchen, so I went and bought a refrigerator (small) as well as a two-burner cook top.  No big deal.  Annie, if life is too disgusting or hard for you here, figure out how to make it better or head back home.  It's obvious that David isn't going to take a job (by the way, how do we know he even has a Master's?  Just because he says it doesn't make it true), so be creative and figure out how to raise money.  I know she doesn't have a green card, and I'm not actively encouraging anyone to break the law, but maybe for donations (rather than pay) she could cook Thai meals for delivery or some other enterprise.  Just stop complaining about the lack of work ethic David has when you knew he was broke and not working when you married him.

Oh, and Danielle and Loren on the after show?  Just go away.  It seemed like Loren was implying that there were a lot of problems in her marriage.  Then get off t.v. and work on it. 

• Love 17
(edited)
8 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

As a high school teacher, I concur that this is what happened.  That's why everything else was an original document but this one was a copy.  She thought she could outsmart the system (and I might add that I am SO glad that some of my students think that they're smarter than I am and that they can outsmart me as that's how I catch them...).  I also think that's why she was so subdued when told they couldn't get married without the original copy-she knew she had been caught.  No immediate call to her father to get the original, no immediate call to FedEx-she was flat-out caught.   It's also why Judge Judy and Judge Marilyn Milian want to see originals and/or original text messages and not copies.  

This is a very good interpretation of what went down and it makes the most sense. As for the police reports, well, they’re a matter of public record, aren’t they? Seems like we will all know what was in them before long.

I think Azan really might be gay. Didn’t his mother say something about how he was finally getting married? Even the long engagement with Baby Beluga might be a con he is running on his family out of desperation. In which case I feel bad for him ~ not that it justifies conning Dum Dum out of all of her money!

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

As a high school teacher, I concur that this is what happened.  That's why everything else was an original document but this one was a copy. 

Arrests are public record. I find it highly improbable given the amount of people who can’t stand Nicole no one has bothered to do a quick search in the time she has been on the show. I think it’s that both knew they weren’t actually going to get married so came up with this in hopes of stretching out the TLC paycheck as long as possible.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Arrests are public record. I find it hardly improbable given the amount of people who can’t stand Nicole no one has bothered to do a quick search in the time she has been on the show. I think it’s that both knew they weren’t actually going to get married so came up with this in hopes of stretching out the TLC paycheck as long as possible.

just looked her up. She has at least 3 courtcases, dated 2014, 2015., the one for 2015 is traffic infraction. Driving with a suspended/cancelled/revoked licence. Unlawful speed.

Found two more in Sarasota: 2014, driving without insurance, "VEHICLE/WRECKER/SANITATION/UTILITY VEHICLES" (meaning they towed her?)

Last I found is another unlawful speed in DeSoto county, 2014.

Nothing in Texas (but if she was underage, it would not be public record? I'm not sure.)

ETA: so, from public records, nothing that would warrant the lady in Morocco saying they could not marry?

Edited by Landlord
  • Love 3
Just now, Landlord said:

just looked her up. She has at least 3 courtcases, dated 2014, 2015., the one for 2015 is traffic infraction. Driving with a suspended/cancelled/revoked licence. Unlawful speed.

Found two more in Sarasota: 2014, driving without insurance, "VEHICLE/WRECKER/SANITATION/UTILITY VEHICLES" (meaning they towed her?)

Last I found is another unlawful speed in DeSoto county, 2014.

Nothing in Texas (but if she was underage, it would not be public record? I'm not sure.)

I assume that Nicole thought *anything* that showed up on that criminal history would be a dealbreaker, so she used white out on everything there ( if any of those things showed up on the report).  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

AND the appalling Family Chantel blame Pedro for it. Their denial is so strong that they think Evil Pedro forced their spotless princess to lie. Pedro cannot win with these people. All Pedro has done is send money home. Family Chantel made the rules on day one. They told him they didn't trust him and made him sign a prenup. Why should Pedro meekly hand his pay packet to Chantel? So she can get more lash extensions and cheap cocktail dresses from H&M? Maybe that money is going to help support other family members, like his abuela in the hills. His in laws made it crystal clear that Chantel's money was hers. So, Pedro's money is his. He pays the bills and disposes of his disposable income as he sees fit. They made the rules. Now they can reap what they've sown. 

And when they get divorced as they surely will, River will crow "I told you he wasn't right for you!" and Papa Chantel will smirk insufferably, and Mama Chantel will rub it in endlessly. Ugh. I would not want to spend five minutes in the presence of these monsters. 

Nicole's apartment has surely been emptied, repainted and rented to another young mother in need. She's moving to Morocco for at least a year! She's not going to pay rent on a place she's not living in. 

She doesn’t pay rent. Her grandfather is a pastor and runs it as a church provided service. She said she had to give it up to go to Morocco.

Here is another idea.  I agree that Nicole was way to calm when they were told they could not get married. That being said if we have the paper work situation it would possibly mean that Nic/Azan can get another few seasons on TLC . So she stays there but does not get married but they continue to film her and Azan planning the wedding that will be for next season then the wedding will be an additional season. All that time collecting a TLC paycheck and sending money to Morocco. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I agree with Chantel's family.  They should be concerned about fucking shady Pedro, his shadiness just oozes off him.  I mean look at Azan, who is clearly scamming Nicole.  Maybe they don't want her to wind up like Dani, screaming, "Pedro frauded me."  Foreigners aren't all innocent you know. 

And I don't like Anfisa either, but Jorge's worse because he has zero idea as to how to be in a relationship.  I don't even know why Anfisa is still there, probably the $$$ TLC is paying her. 

I don't like Russ, but Paola should have explained her relationship with Juan to her husband.  I sensed that Juan is probably gay, maybe his parents disowned him when he came out, or maybe he's not out to them, and Paola and he were like brother and sister or something; that would explain why he's so protective of her.  Maybe he feels that because Russ is from Oklahoma and not NYC or Miami or LA, that he's some kind of homophobe.  But I put that on Paola, who should have explained her relationship to Russ, AND she should have told Juan to stop being so fucking dramatic.

She loves dramatic Juan, he’s the perfect compliment to esexy espicy Colombian Pao. And Pao did state on the show  that Juan is gay. 

If all Pedro wanted from the marriage was a green card...: he has it. I think if they divorced he would be allowed to remain here if he wished. I don’t think the marriage was based on fraud. It was a case of two young people with the hots for each other getting married too soon and BOTH of them not being able to put the commitment to each other and their relationship with their respective families in the proper perspective.. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I’m with River on this one.  Yeah he’s a jerk, but so is Pedro. Pedro also seems to have a way of talking crazy to people.  For the record, you are not about to come into a black woman’s house and point your finger in her face, AND raise your voice.  In the American South?  Not. About. To. Happen. 

Based on the polls, most viewers sided with River.  I  think it was because instead of asking the ladies to switch seats, Pedro ordered his wife to move and was disrespectful to his mother in-law.  

• Love 4

Age discrimination and weight discrimination are wrong, but in David's individual case, I would support any decision not to hire him.  Could you imagine trying to manage that guy, or having him as a coworker??

How could Annie fly back to Thailand when she has no money?  (And why is everyone always so broke on this show?  Don't they get compensated for this nonsense?  Apologies if this has already been covered.)

2 hours ago, albarino said:

And how do they get past that fight?  They both picked their own families over each other; seriously, how in the world could they stay married after that?

They don't even seem to like each other very much!  I'm so confused...

• Love 4
On 2018-07-09 at 3:02 PM, Former Nun said:

Annie's English is actually quite good.  I'd say it's 90% better than Pedro's.  We can understand everything she says.  Her sentence structure would have grown had she come to America with anyone but that troll. 

True. Though I watched a recap episode of Chantel and Pedro and his has improved significantly since he first arrived.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s still bad but when he was fresh off the plane his English was basically non-existent.  I don’t know any Spanish but Chantel’s seems pretty fluent. If they spoke English at home Pedro would be much further along. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, iwasish said:

If all Pedro wanted from the marriage was a green card...: he has it. I think if they divorced he would be allowed to remain here if he wished. I don’t think the marriage was based on fraud. It was a case of two young people with the hots for each other getting married too soon and BOTH of them not being able to put the commitment to each other and their relationship with their respective families in the proper perspective.. 

Pedro cannot win with these people. Where is the scam? A green card? He has it already. Money? He's working two jobs. He sends what? $75 a week back home. And on top of all of that, he's still eating shit shoveled by Family Chantel.

Perhaps I need harvesting explained to me because this seems like the dumbest hustle ever.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, iwasish said:

She was worried that her mom cooked something weird or gross tasting in revenge for the chicken feet. I think she quickly took some of the same thing her mom offered Nicole just to make sure it wasn’t a set up. It looked like some tater tot casserole.

Tater tot casserole a la 600 lb life menu, maybe they are trying to fatten her up.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I forgot about that "ironclad Microsoft Word v 3.0" pre-nup. What exactly are they protecting? I thought part of the process of buying a spouse overseas is that you take responsibility for them for 10 years. How's does that work with a pre-nup? Can things get any "stupidererer"

• Love 8
(edited)

David....you don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of, and you're turning your nose up at $10/hour gig? Pfft.

I watched the Pedro and Chantel journey/aftermath thing. Pedro was so happy and charming the first season He's not my physical type, but I loved his smile and infectious personality. I believed they were truly in love and just fell in love by chance. Now, I get that Chantel's family are nagging roaches and have always distrusted him because they think he isn't good enough, but his treatment of her has always been unbalanced. He immediately sides with his mother and sister and defends them. She was complaining to him, and it's like it didn't even register. She was asking his mother how would she feel if her husband promised to take her on ONE date per month, didn't deliver, but continued to send money home, buy laptops, tellies, etc. She kept saying, "That's our culture. Divorce him if you don't like it." I know of no culture where the wife and her feelings takes a back seat to the mother, sister, and their wants or perceived needs. Even when Chantel was crying, obviously defeated, and upset about the fight with his mum and sister, he wasn't at all moved and basically acted like she should get over it. Fast forward to now: he allows his sister to disrespect his wife and make her not feel at home in her home. He should've addressed that the first night. There's no way I would've left my home after being disrespected by the guest, and then, she apologised to him when she wasn't even in the wrong. She always ends up apologising to him, and it seemingly comes from a place of defeat.

Her family is terrible. They're instigators, way too invested in her life, and so passive aggressive. In regards to the prenup, her parents seem like the type to say, "He signs it, or we cut you out of the will." I've met my fair share of nasty, controlling parents who've cut their children out of wills for marrying the wrong person. The didn't want her to marry anyone less than a well-to-do, wealthy investment banker, hedgefund manager, OBGYN, plastic surgeon, etc. They missed out on their society wedding of the year, and the reality is, Pedro could be the dream son-in-law, and they'd turn their noses up at him because no matter what, he'll never be good enough. Chantel has said from the beginning she loves her husband and still stands by that. They don't care. Taking the mum and sister and the passive aggressive, cult-like, group speaking family out of the equation, they'd still have problems. She needs to stop running to her family and run to a marriage counsellor. Girl, your family is praying for your marriage to fail and have proven that they'll do their absolute best to make that happen. He needs to realise that he'll never keep a wife if he never stands up for her and lets his family continue to think it's okay to mock her and disrespect her. 

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 19
On 7/9/2018 at 7:27 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

And Mama Chantel with her condescending, fake accent Spanglish! Ye gods. Honey. Pro tip. Spanish speakers don't understand English if you speak slowly and add a cartoon accent.

I don't know about English, but it's a lot easier for me to understand Spanish if the person speaks really slowly, and a bad accent doesn't matter as long as it's slow.  But if Mother Chantel wanted to be understood, perhaps she should have rephrased, "When she left out th' door."

• Love 1

Honestly, I don’t think Nicole is clever enough to fake or modify a police report. I think they knew they wouldn’t get the approval to marry before they filmed or this was just a re-enactment. Nicole  was so subdued and Azan was thrilled about not getting married. I don’t think they had broken up or decided not to marry because I think, in that case, Nicole would refuse to film because she wouldn’t care about being under contract to do so. She would pack up her toys and go home. 

I think David and Annie really are broke because I  think if Annie was that good an actress, she would be a Thai movie star and not having to spend time under David. You can tell she is tired and pissed off. 

I finally watched the fight. It was not as exciting as I thought it would be. I think Chanel was either fake crying in the end or her eyelashes were just stuff together.