Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: What Da Fuskie?

• Start Topic

On 5/24/2018 at 6:27 PM, psychoticstate said:

Gizmo!!!  I'm in my happy place.

He hissed at Naomie 3 times in the same day?  Gizmo is nobody's fool.

I think everybody, if they were around her for any long length of time, would hiss around Naomie except blood relatives.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I’m not defending Ashley by any means.... but there’s nothing in the tabloids about her acting up or going nutso, like we got with Kathryn. She is working, seems to be normal. She’s playing a role on this show, remember, and if she were like this in real life, we’d be reading about it.

Just because she doesn't appear to have substance abuse issues doesn't preclude her from being crazy. She did target Thomas & move across the country to date him. Also, there's this:

https://realityblurb.com/2018/05/23/thomas-ravenels-ex-girfriend-luzanne-otte-accuses-him-and-ashley-jacobs-of-harassing-her-talks-scary-night-with-thomas-says-he-once-wished-kathryn-dennis-would-overdose/

https://www.fitsnews.com/2018/05/22/amy-feinstein-interviews-luzanne-otte-about-her-experiences-with-thomas-ravenel/

Sounds like Thomas was auditioning girlfriends for the show. Maybe he's jealous of Shep's spin off?  Also explains why Patricia stopped being a fan.

• Love 14
On 5/25/2018 at 9:40 PM, annewithaneee said:

I would be pretty surprised if Southern Charm cared enough about their cast's privacy (about them having each other's real phone numbers) to expense each person an extra iPhone just for the show. It seems more considerate than reality TV production would be. I could see them doing it for their own convenience's sake though, if it's maybe easier for them to record both ends of conversations somehow -- but I've always assumed those were ADR'ed or filmed separately and then edited together in post. 

Also, Kathryn just kinda feels like a chronic phone-dropper to me. I can totally buy her personal phone looking so busted all the time, and her running out of cash and patience to keep getting it replaced. And I say that without judgment -- there are just people who drop their phones like its their hobby lol.

I am a chronic phone dropper but fortunately I've never had a cracked screen, knock on wood. I credit my case. I'll continue use the brand for every phone I have if possible. 

I would think she doesn't need to worry about it so long as it's functioning and not cutting her fingers and also it's kept out of the kidlets' reach. 

• Love 8
On 5/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, jennylauren123 said:

Maybe Ashley is a new kind of hospice nurse. A few days around her and you lose your will to live.

And the family better invite her to the funeral or she'll make a nasty scene.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I am a chronic phone dropper but fortunately I've never had a cracked screen, knock on wood. I credit my case. I'll continue use the brand for every phone I have if possible. 

I would think she doesn't need to worry about it so long as it's functioning and not cutting her fingers and also it's kept out of the kidlets' reach. 

See my point in bringing up the cracked and all scratched up iPhone is that you don't get that from one or two drops.

Good chance she throws tantrums where she threw the phone more than once.

Unless she's taking her keys and deliberately scuffing up the screen, Kathryn's phone is a frequent projectile.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just watched this again...

Loved Craig’s expression when “Nomi” said Gizmo was a dick for hissing at her three times - very knowing - heh!

Of course Thomas and Ashley colluded about things like her begging for a ring/proposal and him mentioning Kathryn’s luggage/boots - maybe even about his saying he wanted redhead beer in that creepy suggestive way.

But some of the Ashley crazy seems real, like when he goes off script and doesn’t support her in antagonizing Kathryn - this one might have the potential to lose her shit in a very big way!

On edit: That scene of Thomas telling Kensie to put on her panties freaked me out a little - after the accusations against Thomas, how in the world is Kathryn supposed to know her children are safe with him?

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

I bought a bullet-proof screen protector for my iPhone at Walmart. For $4. I have an Otterbox case that’s also shatterproof, the slim see-thru kind. My phone gets dropped now and then, but I don’t throw it at people. Or the wall. I guess she doesn’t know how to take care of her things.

Whatever happened to that expensive plexiglass crib she bought? Did it become a projectile toward Thomas also?

• Love 3
On May 25, 2018 at 12:17 AM, Quita said:

Ashley, way to come on way too strong - not only with Thomas, but the entire gang. Loved her hinting for Louis Vuitton luggage and Thomas replying Kathryn has 5 bags and if they become friends, she could borrow one. He just digs his own grave and doesn't even realize it. Or maybe he does and doesn't care. The way he talks about her certainly doesn't sound like he's enamored. Her personality is grating and I just find her insufferable. She even seemed to be complaining to Thomas that the other girls were wearing flannel shirts and she wasn't because she didn't get the memo and was flipping out about what to wear. Really? Why does Thomas have to dress her for horseback riding? Damn, woman! Throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and call it a day! I did laugh when Thomas had to get in the fact that he bought Kathryn riding boots.

Also, her claiming she'd have the perfect name if they got married, Ashley Ravenel, and then declaring her love for Thomas. His response? Crickets.

Cameran has me craving cheese balls! Gotta get me some tomorrow.

Why did TomAss have to transplant someone from across the country?  Now he feels guilty to send her back.  What .. He couldn't  find someone from Charleston?  Or does everyone in the city know he's a jerk, alcoholic and womanizer?

• Love 7
On May 26, 2018 at 11:17 AM, Major Bigtime said:

No. She was a raging alcoholic before, screaming at Thomas when he’d walk away. Slurring her words. It’s very obvious she’s on medication, which is a good thing for her. Hopefully it will kill the desire to drink.

So the meds are making her walk around like a "zombie", not talking much and looking like she's out of it?  What a way to live.  No wonder she couldn't communicate at the store interview.  TomAss did this to her .. That SOB.   And to boot, she now has to contend with Ashley.  Double whammy!

• Love 1
On May 26, 2018 at 6:49 AM, lezlers said:

Oh, he knows exactly what he's doing.  He's purposefully riling her up and stoking the Kathryn jealousy fires.  I used to date a raging narcissist just like him.   He's just a horrible person.  So basically, him and Ashley deserve each other.  :) 

Ashley really  showed no redeeming qualities other than being pretty this episode.  It was like she was acting out a role in "How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days."  Remember that movie?

So I just started watching this show this season (and immediately got sucked in.)  I loved watching Cameron just pigging out totally over her pregnancy.  Memmmmories!  I was just like her in the final days.  I just wish I'd thought of washing off cheesy poof dust with pickle juice.  Genius!

So why did everyone treat Kathryn like a leper in the past seasons?  Because she was crazy with Thomas?  How old is she?  It was jarring how differently she looks with no makeup on.  That girl has got some great make-up skills.  She's also totally drugged out on psych meds.  She's got that tell-tale flat affect.  Was she always like that? 

Kathryn was shunned by most of the cast in seasons prior largely because they needed a way to rationalize their acceptance and tacit condonement of Thomas's despicable behavior. To a certain extent, this is understandable - many of the players were significantly closer in age to Thomas than a 21-year-old and thus related to him in a friendship capacity more naturally; their acquaintances with him predated their affiliation with Kathryn; and some, like Cameran, are even related to Thomas (isn't she his cousin?). 

But everyone save Craig really strained to excuse, say, Thomas discussing Kathryn's fertility on national television as if she were a breeding mare (or subsequently threatening to "destroy" her on national television) by propagating fantasias about a drug- and alcohol-addled college dropout "manipulating" Thomas into pursuing her and then impregnating her. 

On one notable occasion, after Thomas verbally attacked Cameran and Landon before literally chasing the entire cast from his house in a (IMO obviously) controlled substance-fueled rage, most of the Charmers resumed talking to and even lauding him as a "gentleman" within several days while ascribing the conduct of a 53-year-old to that puppeteer Kathryn. 

Kathryn certainly indulged in her share of promiscuity and intoxicated eruptions. But, from my view, that wasn't the only or even motivating reason why she was a pariah on the show for the first three years of production. 

• Love 20
(edited)
On 5/26/2018 at 12:03 PM, HunterHunted said:

Kathryn is 25. She's 30 years (it's actually 29 years 359 days) younger than Thom-Ass. She was drunk and/or high in previous seasons, but she also had crazy pregnancy hormones going too and Thomas was gaslighting her like he's been doing to Ashley this season. The common denominator is Thomas, but he's got money and a prominent family so no one will treat him like the garbage he is.

Google gave me my answers: Kathryn's birthdate in August 5, 1992, and Thomas was born August 11, 1962. Two Leos, yikes! 

ETA: I looked this up because I thought that Kathryn said on WWHL last week that she is currently 27, which surprised me. She may have said 26. My surprise and the reason I remember it was because I thought she was 25 at the oldest. Wikipedia and such may be wrong. I remember searching for her birthdate during season 2 and couldn't find it, but now it's easy to find. She may be saying 26 now because it's only a few months away.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3
(edited)

I couldn't believe how young Kathryn looked in the flashback with her grandmother compared to now. I believe she turned 21 during filming of the first season.

ETA: Kensie was born in March 2014, and Kathryn wouldn't turn 22 until August 2014.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 5
On 5/25/2018 at 12:24 PM, gunderda said:

It was very weird that she threw a public hissy fit about not being invited.  Like vent about it to Thomas "privately" and that's totally fine. But to go after the mother of the child about it is really ridiculous. 

I think Ashley's behavior highlights that this cast is actually friends and their interactions are pretty authentic whereas Ashley is demonstrating standard reality show behavior.

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I bought a bullet-proof screen protector for my iPhone at Walmart. For $4. I have an Otterbox case that’s also shatterproof, the slim see-thru kind. My phone gets dropped now and then, but I don’t throw it at people. Or the wall. I guess she doesn’t know how to take care of her things.

Whatever happened to that expensive plexiglass crib she bought? Did it become a projectile toward Thomas also?

When did Kathryn throw a phone at someone or the wall?  I missed that.  It seems that maybe Saint is sleeping in a bed now.  I don't recall seeing a crib at her house.   Kids make the transition anywhere between 1 1/2 and 3 1/2.  My oldest transferred at about 1 1/2 because he would just climb out of the crib anyway.

3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Google gave me my answers: Kathryn's birthdate in August 5, 1992, and Thomas was born August 11, 1962. Two Leos, yikes! 

ETA: I looked this up because I thought that Kathryn said on WWHL last week that she is currently 27, which surprised me. She may have said 26. My surprise and the reason I remember it was because I thought she was 25 at the oldest. Wikipedia and such may be wrong. I remember searching for her birthdate during season 2 and couldn't find it, but now it's easy to find. She may be saying 26 now because it's only a few months away.

I heard 25 which would make sense.  She turns 26 in August.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I hope to hell it did. If she hasn't thrown it at him yet, she needs to do it quick.I doubt anyone would object. It might knock some sense into him. Wait No, this is Thomas . who is NOT even remotely redeemable, unlike Kathryn who is apparently getting it together these days

• Love 2

When did we witness Kathryn throwing anything? I'm thinking Never. Or am I watching a different show?  Is this Also a show where Thomas' behavior toward Kathryn is awesome and he is NOT ruining her life?

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, ozzy said:

When did we witness Kathryn throwing anything? I'm thinking Never. Or am I watching a different show?  Is this Also a show where Thomas' behavior toward Kathryn is awesome and he is NOT ruining her life?

There is speculation that Kathryn isn't sober/stable because her phone screen is cracked. Yeah.

Maybe she's clumsy, maybe she lets Kensie use it. Maybe it's just not that important to her since it still seems to work fine.

• Love 18

Only just caught this episode....I don't get the Craig love/ Naomie hate. this episode kind of nailed it for me re Craig. He revealed himself here as firmly in the same camp as all the other males on this show: white, privileged, misogynist, entitled. His talk on the golf course with TRav about 'how much' these women cost TRav? And then the comments about Ashley being a gold digger, the past clip of him telling TRav to keep 'his guard' up with Kathryn becasue she's bad news, then the ABSOLUTE nail for me, which was the comment he made about both Ashley and Kathryn and babies, ie. that Ashley couldn't even count on keeping TRav if she got pregnant because Kathryn 'TRIED THAT TWICE' and he left her. Oh My Freakin God. There's the real Craig, right there. 'tried that twice'. Like all women are scheming manipulators out to sponge off noble well meaning big hearted paragons of southern manhood, like this lot. Craig is no different than Trav, Whit and JD.

One look at Craig's 'property' with the frat boy demo party living room, the mattress on the floor with Craig's laundry, the unpacked boxes how many weeks/months after moving in? The fact that Craig cut a tendon in his hand by trying to penetrate his own lounge room wall with a butter knife alone has to shed light on some of Naomie's fury and irritation with Craig. He has been given a pass for too long as the loveable kooky laid back dude who just wants to move at his own pace and chill and be creative. he's made Naomie look and feel like a martinet, when she has just been studying and growing up like everyone else her age. I'd be furious too. Craig DOES have some good points, but bottom line, he's one of them and Naomie is 'one of us'. I don't care what Gizmo says at the moment, Gizmo will tire of the frat house in about 3 hours. 

What I LOVE about this season is the sisterhood. That comment made by Kathryn, I think, as this superannuated shambolic group of menchildren approached their table was so prescient: they are all our exes, she says glumly, as Naomie says 'what were we thinking'? Indeed. These girls have all gone round the dance floor with one or other of these charmers, some a couple of times with a few of them, and they are all now united and it's beautiful.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I use a Spiegen Slim Armour and some cheap 2 pack glass cover that has always had good ratings.

I wouldn't let my phone as bad as Katherine's especially if I had rug rats in the house.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, queenjen said:

Only just caught this episode....I don't get the Craig love/ Naomie hate. this episode kind of nailed it for me re Craig. He revealed himself here as firmly in the same camp as all the other males on this show: white, privileged, misogynist, entitled. His talk on the golf course with TRav about 'how much' these women cost TRav? And then the comments about Ashley being a gold digger, the past clip of him telling TRav to keep 'his guard' up with Kathryn becasue she's bad news, then the ABSOLUTE nail for me, which was the comment he made about both Ashley and Kathryn and babies, ie. that Ashley couldn't even count on keeping TRav if she got pregnant because Kathryn 'TRIED THAT TWICE' and he left her. Oh My Freakin God. There's the real Craig, right there. 'tried that twice'. Like all women are scheming manipulators out to sponge off noble well meaning big hearted paragons of southern manhood, like this lot. Craig is no different than Trav, Whit and JD.

One look at Craig's 'property' with the frat boy demo party living room, the mattress on the floor with Craig's laundry, the unpacked boxes how many weeks/months after moving in? The fact that Craig cut a tendon in his hand by trying to penetrate his own lounge room wall with a butter knife alone has to shed light on some of Naomie's fury and irritation with Craig. He has been given a pass for too long as the loveable kooky laid back dude who just wants to move at his own pace and chill and be creative. he's made Naomie look and feel like a martinet, when she has just been studying and growing up like everyone else her age. I'd be furious too. Craig DOES have some good points, but bottom line, he's one of them and Naomie is 'one of us'. I don't care what Gizmo says at the moment, Gizmo will tire of the frat house in about 3 hours. 

What I LOVE about this season is the sisterhood. That comment made by Kathryn, I think, as this superannuated shambolic group of menchildren approached their table was so prescient: they are all our exes, she says glumly, as Naomie says 'what were we thinking'? Indeed. These girls have all gone round the dance floor with one or other of these charmers, some a couple of times with a few of them, and they are all now united and it's beautiful.

100s @queenjen!!  100s.  Craig is a bum and his house is disgusting.  A bucket of hot water and cleaner can go a long way in an outdated house.  Just because it's a little outdated doesn't mean it can't be made up to look better.  He just doesn't care and instead he made it worse under the guise of renovating (i.e., another aimless project).  I mean they got drunk and tried to do demolition with ordinary hammers.  He's just completely lazy.

Re: Kathryn's phone, it looks like it was accidentally stepped on to me, not thrown across the room. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, ozzy said:

Yes, season 2, I think. She was chasing after Thomas, on the docks, I think, and I’m pretty sure she threw something at him. 

Thomas cannot ruin Kathryn’s life unless she allows him to.  I’ve learned the hard way, if you allow your partner to run all over you and treat you badly, you allowed it to happen. I hope she stays away from him, these latest charges should make that easier.

Ashley was getting on my last good nerve in this episode. Even Thomas looked like he wanted to strangle her to shut her up. 

Gizmo was the only good thing from the entire hour. That and Cam eating pickles and cheese puffs like her life depended on it! Even if it fell on the floor, eat it!! LOL

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

Ashley=stage 5 cling queen. But  my big question is what's going to happen to the kids if Trav goes behind bars?

My big question is who's going to do his makeup?? 

• Love 8
On 5/26/2018 at 1:24 PM, pasdetrois said:

Lezlers, I recommend you watch the first season - it's worth the price of admission.

I'm late to the party so I binged Season 1 over the holiday weekend. Thomas is trash, and the rest of the guys aren't far behind (especially Whitney). I'm not sure what the dynamic was in seasons 2-4, but I thought all of the women were highly sympathetic to Katheryn and really went out of their way not to say anything bad about her behavior. Its also pretty obvious that she was drunk/high most of the time she was on screen, and when she wasn't you could see how incredibly young and naive she was, not because she didn't know what she was doing with Thomas, but because she thought he was going to be something more than what he was.

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/28/2018 at 9:30 AM, queenjen said:

Agree on this and I’ve never liked Craig much at all from the very beginning. Too lazy, entitled, tries too hard to pretend he’s rich and belongs in that high-brow crowd. A wanna-be guy. And a total slob too, bleh. 

But....I still detest Naomie. She may be right to find Craig as annoying as hell but she is still a ratchet bitch. 

And...she tracks him on her phone six months post-breakup. Psycho disturbed weirdo. Craig is lucky he escaped that nasty shrew. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, queenjen said:

EXCELLENT post, queenjen. Really excellent. Thank you. 

• Love 5

After saying that the first season was the best I have been rewatching some episodes myself.  It's very interesting with the advantage of hindsight. Who knew that when TRav met "senate Barbie" at Patricia's party that they would have two children together? Their conversation did not seem scripted at all to me and showed an immediate attraction/flirtation.

I noticed that early on Shep seemed to actually date women before sleeping with them. Recent episodes indicate that his hookups are one night stands - and drunken ones at that.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

After saying that the first season was the best I have been rewatching some episodes myself.  It's very interesting with the advantage of hindsight. Who knew that when TRav met "senate Barbie" at Patricia's party that they would have two children together? Their conversation did not seem scripted at all to me and showed an immediate attraction/flirtation.

I noticed that early on Shep seemed to actually date women before sleeping with them. Recent episodes indicate that his hookups are one night stands - and drunken ones at that.

I think the first season is the only one that wasn’t scripted. Once they realized they had a hit on their hands, they started creating situations and dialogue. 

And yes, Shep was a nice guy back then. Alcohol soon took over, however.

• Love 5

Reality fame took over as well. I think Shep is a prime example of someone who was already the “man about town” and fairly popular among many local circles, but as soon as he was on national tv, he probably had every local bar cutie visiting or living in the city practically throwing herself at him.

So of course he probably figured, “Why should I bother to settle down when I can just enjoy the adulation of as many lovely ladies as possible right now?” See also his protege, Austen.

You see this kind of behavior in so many sudden reality stars though—-they get some fame and local/national popularity, start to believe their own hype, their former solid relationships and/or job status becomes a bit unglued, the men tend to rapidly age/bloat due to excessive partying while the women tend to lose excessive weight and/or develop plastic surgery addictions and enter a strained marriage or two...reality show fame is a weird, weird beast, it looks like.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

Reality fame took over as well. I think Shep is a prime example of someone who was already the “man about town” and fairly popular among many local circles, but as soon as he was on national tv, he probably had every local bar cutie visiting or living in the city practically throwing herself at him.

So of course he probably figured, “Why should I bother to settle down when I can just enjoy the adulation of as many lovely ladies as possible right now?” See also his protege, Austen.

You see this kind of behavior in so many sudden reality stars though—-they get some fame and local/national popularity, start to believe their own hype, their former solid relationships and/or job status becomes a bit unglued, the men tend to rapidly age/bloat due to excessive partying while the women tend to lose excessive weight and/or develop plastic surgery addictions and enter a strained marriage or two...reality show fame is a weird, weird beast, it looks like.

All of this is why I admire Cameran for her ability to remain grounded and seemingly devoid of nonsense.  This through two stints in realty tv.  Her mama can be proud!  (Please Cam, don't blow it!  lol)

• Love 11
On 5/25/2018 at 5:10 AM, AttackTurtle said:

I can’t believe I’m liking Kathryn this year.  I disagree that she was angling for a fight with Ashley.   It’s one thing to be around your ex with his new girlfriend, it’s another thing to be around her when she’s with your kids.  I don’t think we’ve seen scenes with Ashley with the kids, but I can understand Kathryn’s feelings.  And Kathryn appeared to me to be doing her best not to “bite” when Ashley was clearly baiting her for a fight.  I don’t totally buy that Thomas isn’t pushing Ashley to bait Kathryn either.  

Thomas may not hold all the cards these days in Family Court if Kathryn has really got her act together combined with actions towards woman being closely scrutinized.  Even Patricia is standing behind one of his victims.

I am liking actually Craig so much more this year.  He doesn’t seem to have a chip on his shoulder anymore nor does he seem to be stirring the pot.  I think he gained some weight and hair is so much better not slicked back.

The previews for next week look good.

I thought Kathryn did a remarkable job keeping her cool with Ashley until she couldn't keep it in any longer.  Ashley is really out of bounds with this Saint bday party deal.  She is a new gf, not a fiance, not a new wife, but a new gf at this point.  Her way of trying to wrangle an invite was too forceful and she resorted to boiling bunny stage pretty quickly.  TRav needs to be upfront with her and say no, you aren't coming to this one.  His relationship with K is still in the rebuilding stage so Assley's presence is not needed.  What she said about seeing the kids more than K?  It would have been ON if that were me.  Know your place Assley.  If A is a keeper, TRav needs to help make sure that she respects the mother of those kids and knows they  co parent.  Unless he gets thrown in jail for rape/assault then K gets them all the time.  

• Love 6
On 5/25/2018 at 2:19 PM, scrb said:

There's one crack but scratches all over the screen.  It wasn't from just one drop.

It looks like prob 90% of the phones I see on campus.  Students that age (18-22) always seem to be dropping their phone.  And then there is my 65 year old boss who also keeps breaking his phone.  I don't know how they do it.  I have had phones for years without cracking/scratching them.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I have solved the mystery of Kathryn’s shattered phone. 

I’m watching Season Three again. It shows Kathryn on a completely busted phone all the way back then. 

Nanny Dawn tells Thomas that Kathryn is mad at him and “threw her phone down” after receiving a text from him. Yup. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I have solved the mystery of Kathryn’s shattered phone. 

I’m watching Season Three again. It shows Kathryn on a completely busted phone all the way back then. 

Nanny Dawn tells Thomas that Kathryn is mad at him and “threw her phone down” after receiving a text from him. Yup. 

S-sh-shocking!

Was no mystery to me.  That phone was traveling horizontally when he made contact with whatever scratched it up.  More than once.

• Love 1

Gosh, the great phone debate.  How 'did' Kat's phone get cracked, shattered, scratched...?  Oh, well maybe she threw something at TRav and it was the phone.  Oh, she slammed the phone down and scratched it.  Maybe it was stepped on.  Maybe one of kids screwed it up.  Sorry.  I don't mean to insult anyone.  Phones get damaged a lot.  They're delicate things.  People drop them them.  People drop them and they somehow manage to take a bounce down the stairs.  Heck, one of my kids dropped one and it fell into a puddle - and yeah, he is, overall, a responsible human being.  And....one of his friends had his cell phone fall out of his pocket when he was boarding the back of our boat.  No, true story.  I watched it happened.  I was like whoa.  How did that happen.  The reality is stuff happens.  My point is that what happened to Kat's phone doesn't have to be nefarious.  It can be benign like the thousands of others who have a cracked or scratched or both cell phone screen.

• Love 16
On 5/25/2018 at 4:49 PM, biakbiak said:

She has a job. 

I didn't feel bad for Ashley she was mocking the other women for wearing plaid and clearly knew to wear jeans she wax just looking for attention from Thomas. I didn't find the other women snotty to her, the asked her if she was okay but she kept bitching. They seemed mostly frustrated that it was such a lame ride but they didn't blame her  gir that.

Really. She’s a grown woman, and doesn’t know what to wear horseback riding?! The whole thing was so stupid. Ashley’s problem is not knowing her place. You don’t just barrel into a group of old friends and start making demands. She’s very unlikeable and doesn’t fit in. 

• Love 11
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, albarino said:

This.  I guess Ashley has galvanized me which must be the reason she is on Southern Charm.....I was thinking I might be done with SC but we have a new villain.

Having said that, who goes into a delicate situation (new, baby mama, etc.) with an attitude?  Has she never been the new kid?  First, compliment Kathryn's kids to Katherine.  How hard is this?  Katherine, your children are lovely and are so great to be around; they must have taken after you.  Ladies, it sounds like you are great equestriennes, do you mind if I do a stroll with the horse and then dismount and watch you in all of your glory?  I would love that.  Katherine, Saint's second birthday is coming up...Such a special time for you and Thomas.  Is there anything I can do to help you prepare for your party?  I would love to help in any way I can but I have plans that day so anything I can do in advance, I'm happy to do.  Please just let me know.  

You were raised right.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Gosh, the great phone debate.  How 'did' Kat's phone get cracked, shattered, scratched...?  Oh, well maybe she threw something at TRav and it was the phone.  Oh, she slammed the phone down and scratched it.  Maybe it was stepped on.  Maybe one of kids screwed it up.  Sorry.  I don't mean to insult anyone.  Phones get damaged a lot.  They're delicate things.  People drop them them.  People drop them and they somehow manage to take a bounce down the stairs.  Heck, one of my kids dropped one and it fell into a puddle - and yeah, he is, overall, a responsible human being.  And....one of his friends had his cell phone fall out of his pocket when he was boarding the back of our boat.  No, true story.  I watched it happened.  I was like whoa.  How did that happen.  The reality is stuff happens.  My point is that what happened to Kat's phone doesn't have to be nefarious.  It can be benign like the thousands of others who have a cracked or scratched or both cell phone screen.

Uh...yep, you are correct. Phones are dropped every day. Not rocket science. I pointed out that the nanny said that in this case, Kathryn throws her phone down when she’s pissed off. Not drops it a lot. Thus why she *always* has a wrecked phone. People were asking why her phone is wrecked...that’s all. We all know Kathryn has serious issues. Season Three is quite enlightening. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I just saw this episode and I didn't see any bitchiness from the women towards Ashley. Chelsea went out of her way to make small talk with her and make sure she's ok. Of course they're Kathryn's friends so it's just natural for them to be inclined to take Kathryn's side, but I didn't see any automatic snottiness from them, except when Ashley decided to turn it on towards the end. Sure, there were some eyerolls and maybe some snickers, but Ashley was being stupid feigning innocence and naivete, it's not like she was talking rocket science. 

And was there a hard cut during the dinner? Because it seemed to me like that conversation between Ashley and Kathryn didn't just happen right when they sat down. My first thought when she started raging on Kathryn was "Was Ashley drunk?!" I can understand her whining towards Thomas, but there was something unhinged about her during that dinner. And then to drop off that bomb about spending more time with her kids. Heck, who wouldn't get pissed with that?! Kathryn's right - you want to be invited to MY son's birthday party AND you're acting like that???

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 6

Just caught up on all my episodes. Ashley is a nut job and a total pill. Thomas will not marry her.  Thomas is also a very shitty boyfriend.

The picture of young Kathryn with her grandma looked sooo much like Kenzie!

This was the first interesting episode of the year! 

What does Ashley say to Shep in the preview that makes him so angry? I think that is the first time he has ever said he hated anyone on the show. 

• Love 3
On 5/29/2018 at 6:07 AM, Major Bigtime said:

I think the first season is the only one that wasn’t scripted. Once they realized they had a hit on their hands, they started creating situations and dialogue. 

And yes, Shep was a nice guy back then. Alcohol soon took over, however.

I have a feeling Shep’s reliance on alcohol predates the show - seems to be a pretty big and entrenched problem.

• Love 4
On 5/26/2018 at 11:53 AM, pasdetrois said:

We've seen Craig use chew in earlier seasons. It surprises me because he's fastidious about his appearance, and surely he knows the health risks. My friend is a dentist in Appalachia and he deals with chew-mouth constantly.

Now there's something you don't hear very often!

• Love 6