Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: What Da Fuskie?

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Poor Cameron eating cheese puffs and pickles. She is so over being pregnant, bored and ready to give birth. I loved her comment about her cervix being a steel trap. I can’t wait to see Palmer. 

I liked that scene. Cameron is naturally funny. 

• Love 11

If I were Ashley I wouldn't have even brought up an invite. No matter how long she had been around the kids just because of the touchiness of the issue. And she needed to quit being Bitchy on the trip to Hilton Head

• Love 18
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It says it was posted on November 21, 2015.

Right, I know. As she said on the show “I never rode a horse before” and if it was filmed before Nov 21, she might not have been lying. 

The person that posted the photo of her on the horse is forgetting that this show isn’t “live”. It’s filmed a long time in advance. 

So....if she posts a photo from Nov 21, and the horse scenes were filmed in Sept/Oct......maybe she decided she liked riding a horse.

She’s with Thomas, after all.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Right, I know. As she said on the show “I never rode a horse before” and if it was filmed before Nov 21, she might not have been lying. 

She would need a time machine, the pertinent part is not the month but rather the year, it’s from 2015.

• Love 19
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

The person that posted the photo of her on the horse is forgetting that this show isn’t “live”. It’s filmed a long time in advance. 

So....if she posts a photo from Nov 21, and the horse scenes were filmed in Sept/Oct......maybe she decided she liked riding a horse.

Then Cam had the longest pregnancy in history?  Her daughter was born in the Fall of 2017.  She didn't go to Hilton Head because of the pending birth. The photo was posted in 2015. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Take it from a semi-regular Hilton Head visitor(got some older relatives who live on a golf course there): it’s boring AF. Lots of retirees there, very quiet and sleepy, no decent food/restaurants/shopping...unless you’re into golf or outdoorsy beachy stuff, there’s really not much else to do, as the show displayed well.

I've got to stand up for Hilton Head here.  There are over 250 restaurants on HHI and many of them are very, very good.  For a resort town, shopping is not bad with several charming shopping areas and, if you just drive over the bridge to the mainland, there are two Tanger Outlet Centers and a ton of national chain stores.  As far as things to do, well it's a beach town and the beaches are stunning.  Water sports abound:  Kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, parasailing, wave runners, dolphin watch cruises, fishing and more.  World class golfing on more courses than one can imagine.  Also world class tennis at numerous locations.  Biking, as there are over 60 miles of bike paths all over the island and that's only the public paths.  There are miles and miles of paths inside many of the plantations and if you're biking, there are no gates (other than at Sea Pines) to prohibit you from entering.  There is also zip lining and rope courses.

What Hilton Head does not have is a boardwalk, amusement piers and water parks.  If that's what people are looking for, they won't find it on HHI, and thank heavens for that.  The town planners have done a very good job of keeping Hilton Head the beautiful place it is.  There are plenty of other beach communities that can provide that type of vacation.

This episode didn't spend any time on Hilton Head at all.  We only saw them check into that gorgeous oceanfront home but then they headed directly to Daufuskie Island where there is TRULY nothing to do.  I would have thought that they would at least have taken the ferry back to HHI for dinner,.  That they remained on Daufuskie to eat and hang out surprised me when there are so many more interesting places on HH.  I'm hoping that we'll see more of Hilton Head--not Daufuskie--in next week's episode.

9 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I remember a private flight that got delayed for 45mins due to Craig's tardiness. As much as I think Craig is better than all of the guys, he should make an effort to be on time. Respect other people's schedules.

I may not be remembering this correctly but wasn't Craig late because he hung back to make sure a still drunken Shep made it out of the airport safely after running into some trouble with the authorities?  That said, Craig does seem to have time management issues.

• Love 18

I don't get the criticism of Kat's phone.  Smart phones are expensive, especially if you're not locked into a contract.  My one kid has cracked his screen twice.  Heck, I need a phone and I can afford it but it still irks me to have to spend so much money (my notification lights don't work and sometimes the phone just turns off by itself).  My youngest needs a new one too.  On my oldest's girlfriend's iphone, she can't type an 'i' or maybe it's a 't'.  Speaker phone doesn't work and photos are grainy.  She's got a great job making good coin but the cost...she's putting it off as long as she can.

My husband has a work cell phone.  And when he got a work cell phone years ago, he cancelled the personal phone.  Who wants to carry around two phones during the work week?  I also very much doubt that the cast has work phones.  If they did, I wouldn't doubt there would be some tie in with a provider.

Geez, it only takes one drop to crack a screen and scratch the heck out of it.  I've seen it.  I'm not judging her on that. 

• Love 19

I liked Ashley at the beginning but now I'm getting definite gold digger vibes. Patricia was right. Get back to work, make your own friends.  Hell, she's probably going to get pregnant.  Sure didn't work for Katherine!

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Smart phones are expensive, especially if you're not locked into a contract.  My one kid has cracked his screen twice.  Heck, I need a phone and I can afford it but it still irks me to have to spend so much money (m

Even without insurance you can get an iPhone screen replaced for under $100 if you go through a third party, a place near my apartment does it for $65 and in a few hours so I chose that rather than sending in my phone and paying the $50. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Even without insurance you can get an iPhone screen replaced for under $100 if you go through a third party, a place near my apartment does it for $65 and in a few hours so I chose that rather than sending in my phone and paying the $50. 

Yeah, I know.  My kid replaced his own screen by following the instructions that came with the third party replacement screen.  My point is that a lot of people are 'ok' with a cracked screen or not a perfect phone.  I don't get the criticism of Kat for having a cracked screen.  Maybe 'she's' ok with it for whatever reason.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, jumper sage said:
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I doubt it. Showing there phone isn’t going to show their phone number because the contacts name comes up. It wouldn’t make any sense to go to that extra expense.

I have 2 phones.  One is for work and work contacts and one is my private phone.  Just because you work with people doesn't mean you want them to have your personal phone number.  I replace my personal phone and have had my work phone for years.

I would be pretty surprised if Southern Charm cared enough about their cast's privacy (about them having each other's real phone numbers) to expense each person an extra iPhone just for the show. It seems more considerate than reality TV production would be. I could see them doing it for their own convenience's sake though, if it's maybe easier for them to record both ends of conversations somehow -- but I've always assumed those were ADR'ed or filmed separately and then edited together in post. 

Also, Kathryn just kinda feels like a chronic phone-dropper to me. I can totally buy her personal phone looking so busted all the time, and her running out of cash and patience to keep getting it replaced. And I say that without judgment -- there are just people who drop their phones like its their hobby lol.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:
On 5/24/2018 at 7:21 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Poor Cameron eating cheese puffs and pickles. She is so over being pregnant, bored and ready to give birth. I loved her comment about her cervix being a steel trap. I can’t wait to see Palmer. 

I liked that scene. Cameron is naturally funny. 

I'm a party of one here, but I am beyond bored by Cameran.  That whole scene seemed so staged to be the fun! cute! totally relatable! pregnant woman to me.  Relatable pregnant women eat cheesy puffs and pickles (complete with a dip in the pickle juice!).  End scene.   

I predict a scene of Cameran packing the car for Palmer's first road trip, but turning around after a block because oops! she stuffed all Palmer's baby gear in the car, but forgot Palmer!  Another humdinger. :)

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Coffeeb4Tea said:

bored by Cameran.  That whole scene seemed so staged to be the fun! cute! totally relatable! pregnant woman to me.  Relatable pregnant women eat cheesy puffs and pickles (complete with a dip in the pickle juice!).  End scene.   

Cam loves crap food. Has since her RW days. She eats tons of those cheese puffs as illustrated on her SM. She doesn’t seem to be an absentee/forgetful parent. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ProudMary said:

This episode didn't spend any time on Hilton Head at all.  We only saw them check into that gorgeous oceanfront home but then they headed directly to Daufuskie Island where there is TRULY nothing to do.  I would have thought that they would at least have taken the ferry back to HHI for dinner,.  That they remained on Daufuskie to eat and hang out surprised me when there are so many more interesting places on HH.  I'm hoping that we'll see more of Hilton Head--not Daufuskie--in next week's episode.

Maybe they couldn't get a permit to film on HHI.

If there are a lot of people around, they may not want a filming crew to disrupt normal business.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, snarts said:

Thomas said that he agreed with Kathryn that Ashley shouldn't come to the dinner.  They're dating, they're not engaged or married.

Kathryn's an OG, she's not going anywhere, Unlike Ashley, sleeping with Thomas isn't a prerequisite for appearing on the show, especially considering that she's now back in Patricia's good graces.

Except this.

You beat me to this too!  I saw this from 2015 and thought....”yup she’s a lying liar”.  

While it’s all fine and good that Ashley is using the “blame the edit” card, the editors can’t creat the obvious chemistry that exists between Thomas and Kathryn.  While there is no doubt that Thomas will always go there, I’m hoping Kathryn has officially quit the Thomas habit.

• Love 9

Just wanted to chime in that Ashley looks far more comfortable and adept in the old photo than she did in Hilton Head. She is even holding the reins in a more skilled manner in the old photo.

• Love 5
On 5/25/2018 at 3:27 AM, ivygirl said:

“Come to where the flavor is. Come to Ashley Country.”

(I love that movie... and that line... too! I referenced the movie in another thread last week... Maybe Vanderpump Rules? I often try to work quotes from the movie into conversations—my favorite is Eddie Vedder’s delivery of “A compliment for us is a compliment for you!”—but usually, no one else gets it...)

Yep, he said “California.”  

Thank you for so many “Singles” references!! ❤️❤️ 

• Love 4

@ProudMary - I'm glad to see your take on Hilton Head.  I've not been there, but I have always heard about it and assumed that it was an awesome place.  It's on my bucket list (to use that tired term, lol).

6 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

there are just people who drop their phones like its their hobby lol.

>>>SuprSuprElevated<<< is a chronic phone dropper.  

• Love 8
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, Quita said:

Ashley, way to come on way too strong - not only with Thomas, but the entire gang. Loved her hinting for Louis Vuitton luggage and Thomas replying Kathryn has 5 bags and if they become friends, she could borrow one. He just digs his own grave and doesn't even realize it. Or maybe he does and doesn't care. The way he talks about her certainly doesn't sound like he's enamored. Her personality is grating and I just find her insufferable. She even seemed to be complaining to Thomas that the other girls were wearing flannel shirts and she wasn't because she didn't get the memo and was flipping out about what to wear. Really? Why does Thomas have to dress her for horseback riding? Damn, woman! Throw on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and call it a day! I did laugh when Thomas had to get in the fact that he bought Kathryn riding boots.

Also, her claiming she'd have the perfect name if they got married, Ashley Ravenel, and then declaring her love for Thomas. His response? Crickets.

Cameran has me craving cheese balls! Gotta get me some tomorrow.

Oh, he knows exactly what he's doing.  He's purposefully riling her up and stoking the Kathryn jealousy fires.  I used to date a raging narcissist just like him.   He's just a horrible person.  So basically, him and Ashley deserve each other.  :) 

Ashley really  showed no redeeming qualities other than being pretty this episode.  It was like she was acting out a role in "How to Lose A Guy In 10 Days."  Remember that movie?

So I just started watching this show this season (and immediately got sucked in.)  I loved watching Cameron just pigging out totally over her pregnancy.  Memmmmories!  I was just like her in the final days.  I just wish I'd thought of washing off cheesy poof dust with pickle juice.  Genius!

So why did everyone treat Kathryn like a leper in the past seasons?  Because she was crazy with Thomas?  How old is she?  It was jarring how differently she looks with no makeup on.  That girl has got some great make-up skills.  She's also totally drugged out on psych meds.  She's got that tell-tale flat affect.  Was she always like that? 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I've got to stand up for Hilton Head here.  There are over 250 restaurants on HHI and many of them are very, very good.  For a resort town, shopping is not bad with several charming shopping areas and, if you just drive over the bridge to the mainland, there are two Tanger Outlet Centers and a ton of national chain stores.  

And one of the nicest Goodwill stores I've ever been to.  Not that the Southern Charm crowd would go there--Gwynn's is more their style--but I can just imagine the rich HHI residents donating their clothes and other sundries.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

She's also totally drugged out on psych meds.  She's got that tell-tale flat affect.  Was she always like that? 

No. She was a raging alcoholic before, screaming at Thomas when he’d walk away. Slurring her words. It’s very obvious she’s on medication, which is a good thing for her. Hopefully it will kill the desire to drink.

• Love 10
(edited)

Ashley's frustration and embarrassment at her situation are apparent, and then when the mean girls ganged up on her - on camera - she blew. I have a bit of sympathy for a part of her situation. I've been a fulltime stepmom with hubbie's psycho ex-wife, who made everyone's lives miserable (she's a Kathryn). I raised the kid, and psycho resented it but didn't really want the job either. It's where I learned grace under fire.

Ashley is expecting respect from Thomas, money, a beautiful home, and a wedding in exchange for her prop role, and she's not getting it. Plus, she's probably furious at production for the scripted mean girls stuff.

For what it's worth, I know some nurses who are wonderful in their jobs but jerks elsewhere.

Thomas was hilarious in his "uh-huh, un-huh" to Ashley's obsessive rantings, never engaging. He's not completely ignorant about relationships.

Danni annoys the heck out of me. She's a useless hanger-on, inserting herself into the situation.

We've seen Craig use chew in earlier seasons. It surprises me because he's fastidious about his appearance, and surely he knows the health risks. My friend is a dentist in Appalachia and he deals with chew-mouth constantly.

Grannie was the one who urged Kathryn multiple times to pursue Thomas. During the first season posters speculated the family needed him to "save the plantation."

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

So why did everyone treat Kathryn like a leper in the past seasons?  Because she was crazy with Thomas?  How old is she? 

Kathryn is 25. She's 30 years (it's actually 29 years 359 days) younger than Thom-Ass. She was drunk and/or high in previous seasons, but she also had crazy pregnancy hormones going too and Thomas was gaslighting her like he's been doing to Ashley this season. The common denominator is Thomas, but he's got money and a prominent family so no one will treat him like the garbage he is.

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Lezlers, I recommend you watch the first season - it's worth the price of admission.

Especially as Thomas leaves a mountain of evidence that he's still a dirtbag and everyone ignores it like his "joke" about liking how cocaine smells, his half empty glasses of booze left around the outside of his property, and Danni flat out admitting that she'd never want to be with someone with his reputation. Of course, Kathryn runs full out towards Thomas like he's her knight in white jeans. Andy Cohen has never been more correct than when he called them the "Burton and Taylor of reality TV." I think we've amended it to be the Trashbag Burton and Taylor, but the comparison still applies.

• Love 15

And one of the nicest Goodwill stores I've ever been to.   I can just imagine the rich HHI residents donating their clothes and other sundries.  

So true! I have shopped in Goodwill/SA/thrift stores in Aspen, Nantucket and a few other similar towns. When I go to the transfer station in my parent's wealthy Connecticut town it is rare that I don't return with an amazing find (bicycle, 18 V power tools with chargers and good batteries, string trimmer, porch furniture,  Razer scooter).  I regretted not being able to transport an almost new elliptical last year.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Lezlers, I recommend you watch the first season - it's worth the price of admission.

I watched the first episode when I was home sick but got overwhelmed since they're on season 5 already.  I just don't have the time to watch 5 seasons worth of a show to catch up.  So then I watched a couple of reunions hoping that would get me up to speed.  It did a halfway decent job I guess.  If anyone could point me to some individual "can't miss" episodes I'll happily watch.  :)

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:43 PM, Thumper said:

I felt bad for Ashley during the horse riding,. The other women were so snotty to her.  And Thomas could have given her a heads up about what to wear for horse riding.  He just likes to see her all tarted up.  If she is with him all the time and has no life but him, I can see how she would be out of the loop. (Although that is her own fault; she should be looking for work.)

Also tired of the Cameran "wah wah I'm so pregnant" show.  I like her, but I'm over it.  

I didn't feel bad for her at all.  Most of the women (3 out of the 4 of them) have equestrian backgrounds.  They enjoy being on horses.  Ashely bitched and moaned the entire time about how uncomfortable she was, how she didn't like it, ect.   Basically shitting all over something they love and ruining the experience for everyone.  

I get how it feels to be excluded in a situation like that.  My ex (the narcissist who TRav reminds me of, ironically) had a group of friends like this.  Group outings were always really uncomfortable because I'm a relatively introverted person in new situations and while these women were never rude to me, they made zero attempts whatsoever to include me in any conversations, events ect.   I felt no closer to them two years into dating this guy than I did when we first met, it was quite clear they were a tight group and they had no interest in letting someone else into the fold.  But despite that I was still very friendly, respected their established friendships and tried to be included without being pushy about it.  Ashley, on the other hand, just seems like she's trying to steamroll everyone.  You can't bully your way into a new social group, it just doesn't work. She's the worst.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I may not be remembering this correctly but wasn't Craig late because he hung back to make sure a still drunken Shep made it out of the airport safely after running into some trouble with the authorities?

No this was a different flight. This is from LA, with one of his Hollywood friends. It was on Instagram sometime ago.

• Love 4

If anyone could point me to some individual "can't miss" episodes I'll happily watch.  :)

I recommend the entire first season. It was more organic and seemed less contrived and producer driven.

• Love 8
(edited)
22 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Nevermind. 

Edited by lezlers
4 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I recommend the entire first season. It was more organic and seemed less contrived and producer driven.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have that kind of time, especially with Big Brother starting up again soon (priorities: I've got 'em!)   If something happens and I find myself home from work for a few days, I'll be all over it.  Thanks! :)

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Yeah, unfortunately I don't have that kind of time, especially with Big Brother starting up again soon (priorities: I've got 'em!)   If something happens and I find myself home from work for a few days, I'll be all over it.  Thanks! :)

Season 1 is only 8 regular episodes and a reunion.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Not that I wish you any ill, but a single sick day (like, say, for the 24 oz 24 hr flu, or a mild case of the sniffles) would be enough for a Season 1 watch ...  ;-)

• Love 15
23 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

You know, I'm not mad at Kathryn for not wanting Ashley at the party. This is Kathryn's chance to throw a party for her child and show the father of said child that she can work with him without being the cause of a major scene. Whether Kathryn is truly maturing or just white knuckling it one day at a time, Ashley is a stressor. Thomas wants to use Ashley to stress Kathryn. Kathryn and Thomas BOTH agreed that Ashley should not be there. Thomas is refusing to tell Ashley that he agreed and is letting Ashley make a fool of herself. 

Thomas is the reason this is even an issue. He has primary custody. He agreed with Kathryn about not inviting Ashley. He won't just tell Ashley or back Kathryn. Saint's birthday party is only an issue because Thomas wants it to be. 

Yes.  Great observations!  Thanks.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ozzy said:

Ashley is Such a Whiney Bitch. Does Thomas need vagina THAT MUCH? to put up with that grinding noise? 

Apparently willing partners are few and far between - paying Ashley to participate is better than assaulting random women.

• Love 5
On 5/26/2018 at 12:31 AM, breezy424 said:

Yeah, I know.  My kid replaced his own screen by following the instructions that came with the third party replacement screen.  My point is that a lot of people are 'ok' with a cracked screen or not a perfect phone.  I don't get the criticism of Kat for having a cracked screen.  Maybe 'she's' ok with it for whatever reason.

I agree. I see many parents who hand their little kid their phone to "play" with, and she may prefer to hand Kensie and Saint a phone with an already cracked screen rather than watch them drop and crack it themselves!

• Love 3

I’m not defending Ashley by any means.... but there’s nothing in the tabloids about her acting up or going nutso, like we got with Kathryn. She is working, seems to be normal. She’s playing a role on this show, remember, and if she were like this in real life, we’d be reading about it.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

seems to be normal.

I'm going to have to push back on this.  While I would agree that these shows are probably not completely unscripted, I don't believe that she is a professional actress.  Some of the things she has done and said, for me, remove her from the "normal" column.  Is she the worst on this show?  No.

• Love 5
(edited)

but there’s nothing in the tabloids about her acting up or going nutso, li

There has been more than one Instastory where she and Thomas were not behaving in what I would consider a remotely normal fashion, so I really don’t think it’s just a part she is playing for the show. The only thing she has managed to do is not act out in public when not filming.

The only thing she has going for her is she actually has a real job.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6