Type keyword(s) to search

Finals, Training Camp and Social Media

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

So was VK's apology an afterthought on her part cause she said it as she was almost out the door.  This whole scene wasn't what I was expecting and that's probably cause I've heard about more than was shown.  But even if I hadn't had heard anything, I thought VK was snotty when she came in and dismissive of Jinelle.  Even Kelli reminded her of the resources that they went out of their way to give her and she didn't seem at all appreciative.  When she said she was leaning towards the ones who had had a weight problem, did Kelli even ask who she was referring to.

VK not recognizing the wonderful (expensive) professional assistance offered to her is just ANOTHER example of the ridiculous feeling entitlement that’s been permitted and probably even encouraged her whole life. “Spoiled brat” pretty much sums it up for me.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Breslyn said:

VK not recognizing the wonderful (expensive) professional assistance offered to her is just ANOTHER example of the ridiculous feeling entitlement that’s been permitted and probably even encouraged her whole life. “Spoiled brat” pretty much sums it up for me.

So here's what I don't get about VK not being able to do the choreo and even the entrance. Her mom has lived and breathed DCC for 30+ years. Shelly B and even Judy might have the integrity to not give their daughters extra help, but believe you me, I have zero doubt in my mind TIna would be trying her best to have somebody teach VK all the routines a head of time, unless she herself thought her Little Precious was far better than she is, and that she wouldn't need anything. 

• Love 15

Someday, someone is going to show up for training camp knowing the entrance, Thunderstruck, Loud, and other routines that they learned off of YouTube. And K&J will announce that they are starting fresh with new routines.  And that someone will be all “those ??? Previously TV people!!!  Last time I take their advice!!!!”

• Love 23
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Someday, someone is going to show up for training camp knowing the entrance, Thunderstruck, Loud, and other routines that they learned off of YouTube. And K&J will announce that they are starting fresh with new routines.  And that someone will be all “those ??? Previously TV people!!!  Last time I take their advice!!!!”

Ive wondered this for years now. How can any young women trying out not have the choreo memorized already? Most of the routines can be found on the internet. Especially the kick line. And why show up to auditions with crap for flexibility? It makes 0 sense why these young women are unprepared.

• Love 12

I watched the afterbuzz show for this episode and they are saying that Victoria should have been cut before Taylor. They were fans of Victoria before and not fans of Dayton. (After Dayton was cut they even asked if they were rooting for Dayton to come back, which was mean, but they said they were.)

interesting thing. The week 9 episode was taken down, which had to be due to something they had said. They re-recorded it a 15 minute episode about episode 9 wearing the exact same clothes as the episode 10 clothes.

in the re recorded video they mention that they had something more to say, but they weren’t going to. No idea what that was.

im not sure how much I reccomend the after buzz show. There are two former pro team dancers on the show and they are fine at giving a little insight. ( Like they commented how great it would be to work wirh all the guest choreographers, even if you don’t make the team, because where else would you get the chance to do that as a dancer.)

The third women isn’t as knowledgeable and can’t even keep the girls names straight. She calls Judy, Julie. It makes me think she doesn’t really take it seriously as a job.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes. In the preview it has all the DCC photos and each one has stickers all over it from various people. The stickers mean Yes. There is JT, KF, MRS, KC, NF, JT, LM that I can see clearly. I don't know who LM is. VK only has one sticker. Tara had Judy, Nick and Melissa. Just find it interesting who is rooting for whom.

LM is for Lacey Munoz. Group leader.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes. In the preview it has all the DCC photos and each one has stickers all over it from various people. The stickers mean Yes. There is JT, KF, MRS, KC, NF, JT, LM that I can see clearly. I don't know who LM is. VK only has one sticker. Tara had Judy, Nick and Melissa. Just find it interesting who is rooting for whom.

The other initials are from group leaders plus Amy.  (LM, AL, TG, MM)

• Love 5
11 hours ago, TexasBorn said:

She makes the uniform look like a cheap Halloween costume.

If I only had a brain ... 

Hey, Icktoria....Vivian called. She wants her dance costume back.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 11
23 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

The other initials are from group leaders plus Amy.  (LM, AL, TG, MM)

hmmm that doesn't add up... Kash's last name is Garrett and there's no KG

• Love 2
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Anybody else bothered that they had a "Football 101" class and they didn't even bother to follow through with it?   

They never intended to actually do any "football 101" training. It was just an excuse to get the girls there for the calendar reveal without telling them that was what they were really there for.  Kelli tries to pull off these big "surprises" (especially with the final team announcement) & they usually fall flat with the girls being clueless until Kelli gives up & just flat out says what is really going on.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

After seeing last night's episode I'm officially campaigning for Khalyn as point next year... Her walk was EVERYTHING!!!

prance, dahlin', she pranced.  ;) might have started nicknaming her Prancer in my head because damn that girl can sell it

• Love 15

My guess is the shenanigans with the episode summaries being switched was so CMT can guarantee more viewers next week.  They said calendar reveal was for next week, and it was this week, and Cameos were announced as this week, and they're next week.    I think the producers realized that the longer the cuts take to happen, the more viewers, so they gaslighted all of us.   This may be the last year for me to watch this, because I want to watch a show about tryouts, training camp, and a team forming, not a bunch of drawn out, soap opera stories focusing on some, and ignoring strong performers who will be an asset to the team, and have personal stories that are interesting.      

• Love 21
17 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

What a shame about Taylor T.  Kelli and Judy initially liked her for her dancing until the #Metoo comment.  I honestly cannot believe she does not have a TV.  Who doesn't have a tv in their home nowadays?  Thats really surprising.  But anyway, I hope she can redeem herself in next years panel interviews, because I am sure they will be watching her closely, or I do not see her coming back to TC.

When I was her age I had a TV, but couldn't afford cable so I couldn't watch TV. I could watch DVD's . 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is the shenanigans with the episode summaries being switched was so CMT can guarantee more viewers next week.  They said calendar reveal was for next week, and it was this week, and Cameos were announced as this week, and they're next week.    I think the producers realized that the longer the cuts take to happen, the more viewers, so they gaslighted all of us.   This may be the last year for me to watch this, because I want to watch a show about tryouts, training camp, and a team forming, not a bunch of drawn out, soap opera stories focusing on some, and ignoring strong performers who will be an asset to the team, and have personal stories that are interesting.      

THANK YOU!!!!

I just read a blurb that this season is the highest rated yet!! SMH.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Right? I cannot imagine trying out for my dream job and not doing my homework. Learn as much as you can, and then you can focus on getting anything new. and I would be in Brennan's back yard practicing entrance. I also would have been at the games with a video camera. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think Tina lost a lot of weight in a hurry, and that leads to the drawn, much older look she has now.   I'm pretty sure that last year with the alumni session at the dance studio, Tina weighed more.     

She's a crash dieter, and I'd bet money, she told her daughter to ignore Jinelle's advice and instead offered her own unhealthy advice.  Regardless of what happened, she does look more like Victoria's grandmother than mother.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

hmmm that doesn't add up... Kash's last name is Garrett and there's no KG

My typing mistake on TG,  I took the initials from another post from someone who has better eyesight than I have.

“The obvious: KF-Kelli, JT-Judy, KC-Kitty, NF-Nick & MRS-Melissa.

But, who are AL (yellow), LM (red), KG (dark green) and MM (light blue)”

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ales-ya said:

LMAO!!!  Not enough words!  I’m dead ????????

1520C11C-59F8-4BCE-89D1-FB69EE2CFA7D.jpeg

LOOOOONG time lurker here popping in to ask if these women have a wind machine on hand at all times. LOL.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

A while back someone was looking for the photo of Judy with her hair in multiple braids.  Not sure if you found it,  but it could be this one.

81FD3C08-AD71-45FD-ABDE-DAE615436862.jpeg

That's the one!!!!!  Thank you:)

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

She's a crash dieter, and I'd bet money, she told her daughter to ignore Jinelle's advice and instead offered her own unhealthy advice.  Regardless of what happened, she does look more like Victoria's grandmother than mother.

Wasn't it covered in the book about the DCC (Scholz  sisters) that some used cocaine to lose weight or stay skinny?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't it covered in the book about the DCC (Scholz  sisters) that some used cocaine to lose weight or stay skinny?

would not be surprised, esp  in 80s and 90s. ikely some abuse of diet pills too

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

A while back someone was looking for the photo of Judy with her hair in multiple braids.  Not sure if you found it,  but it could be this one.

She was so lovely, and still is, IMO.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

Just think, this lovely creature gave birth to something as disgusting as Cassie.  The mind reels . . .

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I was thinking the exact same thing! Judy Trammel was a G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S DCC! I also think that she has aged very well. I know that everyone has differing opinions on here, which makes this a great board, but I personally think that Judy is a lovely person inside-and-out.

I have my issues with Judy (her silence this year) but I think this picture is what you would see if you could look up the phrase "America Sweetheart."

2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

BEST COMMENT I'VE EVER SEEN ON HERE. I love you, marry me LOL.

The irony of the statement was just too good, wasn't it? :)

Edited by MTTFan
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Like saying she might have a possible thyroid condition or another medical condition leading to the weight gain. I bet Tina had a hand in the whole thing.

27 minutes ago, MTTFan said:

I have my issues with Judy (her silence this year) but I think this picture is what you would see if you could look up the phrase "America Sweetheart."

The irony of the statement was just too good, wasn't it? :)

If it's true that Kelli came down on her at auditions, I can see why she has remained quiet - if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  It's another reason why I think VK was promised a spot on the squad.  Kelli had a plan and Judy wasn't going along with it.

• Love 13
19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

This expression was exactly what came to my mind with Judy's silence, especially the night that Kitty Carter was ranting about giving Victoria the "respect" of more time. 

• Love 6

I'm betting CMT shenanigans for the episode descriptions not matching, and the cameo shoot in next week's show getting bumped, instead of this week.     I bet the office visit was really this week, and the calendar reveal and cameos, were also this week, but put into next week with the other field practice because that way we all watch again.       I bet a lot of people will stop watching this after VK gets the boot, because we've all been waiting for it for 11 weeks now.  

I think the cameo makeup, and game day makeup are extra layers, and brighter colors to show on TV.    I'm also guessing that VK either has a lot of extensions, or has tons of product in her hair to make it that full, and I'm sure her real hair is a lot less body, and length.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

They look nothing alike!

My sister and I look nothing alike. I am 5'6", round face, blonde hair(once), and fair-skinned. My younger sister is 5'11", dark brown hair, oval face and olive skin tone. We were told one time that one of my BF's looked more like me than my own sister! LOL! It happens.

Edited by Muckypup61
misspelled a word
  • Love 8

Personally, I think Kelly needs to retire RIGHT NOW. Watching this weeks episode I found painful - well the Victoria scenes especially - I know Shelly and a few pointed out that Victoria is confident etc, but in the office scenes, (is it me) but I keep seeing VK interrupt  whatever Kelly and Judy is saying to her, and all I can think is er don't interupt Victoria let them finish the sentence or whatever they are saying. Clearly to me VK and Malena got way more favoritism than Cassie and those two are making her look bloody good. (And I don't remember Cassie having that much "problems" as VK as in weight gain, lies etc? The only bad thing I remember of Cassie was when Judy was giving Taylor corrections and Judy MADE Cassie tell Taylor (in front of EVERYONE) what her (Cassie) problem with Taylor was (and Cassie even questioned Judy with "really? In front of everyone?" and everyone blamed Cassie for being the bad girl there when Judy had her say something infront of everyone). Nothing agains Malena and VK but gees I cant watch this season anymore. I rather Cassie come back and be the "bad girl" again. I also love how Kelly was like "Judy your quiet" comment, literally spat my coke all over my iphone screen, during my break at work.

Funny how Kelly gave VK and Malena more chances than Dayton and unless I am seeing things but Malena had way more mistakes than Dayton and seems more liability than Dayton in choreography. I wonder what Malena is like at work. Does she forget things at work? Or is that just mainly Choreography thats she cannot remember at all? And I never understood why Malena was never cut from the Jets. Sometimes it seems, to me that Shelly did not bring Dayton up that DCC will be the "be all END ALL" where as VK (seems to me) was brought up that DCC is the be all and end all!!! 

The other reason is the badly edited photos for the calendars. Can't put the 100% blame on the photographers on that, because you can edit etc and a good edit can make a bad photo good, surely. Not make a bad edit worse. Come on Kelly how is DCC "world class" when you are allowing a bad photo edit? Some of the girls just look "ugly" in those edits (I shall not name names), and the girls are not ugly for one thing. Whats that saying? A picture says a thousand words? 

Also is it me or isn't it a bit early to do formations? Wasn't formations done later on in the series? 

Edited by CrazyEve
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Personally, I think Kelly needs to retire RIGHT NOW. Watching this weeks episode I found painful - well the Victoria scenes especially - I know Shelly and a few pointed out that Victoria is confident etc, but in the office scenes, (is it me) but I keep seeing VK interrupt  whatever Kelly and Judy is saying to her, and all I can think is er don't interupt Victoria let them finish the sentence or whatever they are saying. Clearly to me VK and Malena got way more favoritism than Cassie and those two are making her look bloody good. (And I don't remember Cassie having that much "problems" as VK as in weight gain, lies etc? The only bad thing I remember of Cassie was when Judy was giving Taylor corrections and Judy MADE Cassie tell Taylor (in front of EVERYONE) what her (Cassie) problem with Taylor was (and Cassie even questioned Judy with "really? In front of everyone?" and everyone blamed Cassie for being the bad girl there when Judy had her say something infront of everyone). Nothing agains Malena and VK but gees I cant watch this season anymore. I rather Cassie come back and be the "bad girl" again. I also love how Kelly was like "Judy your quiet" comment, literally spat my coke all over my iphone screen, during my break at work.

Funny how Kelly gave VK and Malena more chances than Dayton and unless I am seeing things but Malena had way more mistakes than Dayton and seems more liability than Dayton in choreography. I wonder what Malena is like at work. Does she forget things at work? Or is that just mainly Choreography thats she cannot remember at all? And I never understood why Malena was never cut from the Jets. Sometimes it seems, to me that Shelly did not bring Dayton up that DCC will be the "be all END ALL" where as VK (seems to me) was brought up that DCC is the be all and end all!!! 

The other reason is the badly edited photos for the calendars. Can't put the 100% blame on the photographers on that, because you can edit etc and a good edit can make a bad photo good, surely. Not make a bad edit worse. Come on Kelly how is DCC "world class" when you are allowing a bad photo edit? Some of the girls just look "ugly" in those edits (I shall not name names), and the girls are not ugly for one thing. Whats that saying? A picture says a thousand words? 

Also is it me or isn't it a bit early to do formations? Wasn't formations done later on in the series? 

Cassie got into with Olivia S. during the calendar shoot before Season 6 because Cassie was complaining the rookies were getting more time in front of the camera. It lead to Judy telling the judges Olivia was being toxic which of course lead to Olivia being cut. Cassie was not the perfect DCC they were making her out to be. She could be mean when it came to the other girls to the point she made a few of the girls miserable while they were on the team with her. I would not be surprised if she was reporting to Judy about what the other girls were doing. Believe me Cassie did not respect the DCC Organization. I would not be surprise if some of the girls were happy when she finally retired.

41 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

I wonder what Malena is like at work. Does she forget things at work? Or is that just mainly Choreography thats she cannot remember at all? And I never understood why Malena was never cut from the Jets.  

I don't think the Flight Crew has cheerleaders and ambassadors like some other teams ( ex: KC Chiefs) do.  Maybe Denise Garvey felt sorry for her.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Cassie got into with Olivia S. during the calendar shoot before Season 6 because Cassie was complaining the rookies were getting more time in front of the camera. It lead to Judy telling the judges Olivia was being toxic which of course lead to Olivia being cut. Cassie was not the perfect DCC they were making her out to be. She could be mean when it came to the other girls to the point she made a few of the girls miserable while they were on the team with her. I would not be surprised if she was reporting to Judy about what the other girls were doing. Believe me Cassie did not respect the DCC Organization. I would not be surprise if some of the girls were happy when she finally retired.

Oh yea I forgot about Olivia. Thanks for that reminder. I agree I don't think Cassie was the perfect DCC. I rather Cassie than Victoria actually. Tho I rather Dayton over either of those 2 actually, more classy, comes across more humble, don't seem to talk over others like Victoria,

• Love 4