Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Eggs Over, Not Easy

2 hours ago, Zoe said:

There are two possibilities for Mark's death: 1) they're taking the Glee route and not mentioning it out of respect for the actor, or 2) they're saving it for David's episode which is coming up next.

I can appreciate #1, but sincerely hope it's addressed with #2

Spoiler

Since it's been said that David has struggled since Mark's death (i.e. might be the reason he's up and disappeared) it could very well come out in a discussion between Darlene and David. This would make me very happy. 

I feel more strongly about this then I do them addressing Jerry or Andy. LOL.

• Love 6

Davis was Mark's brother so it is easy to understand why he would want his son named after his brother.

Eh - Mark and David were never particularly close either. In fact it was stated by David numerous times that Mark tortured him while they were growing up together. I suppose it's possible they grew closer later in life but we saw little evidence of it by the end of the series. Naming their kid Mark feels more like a tribute to the late Glenn Quinn than a realistic choice made by Darlene and David.

I'm just assuming that the Connors never mention Andy because it's such a sore point with Jackie.

Given how both Roseanne and Darlene went out of their way to point out how lonely and pathetic Jackie's life is, it hardly seems likely they're interested in sparing her feelings.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

References?    Personal home visit?  They aren't applying for a job.  They're trying to do you a favor.  A person who wants a dog could easily distill it to a simple monetary transaction at a pet store in lieu of getting the third degree from you.

This is why I found the dog rescue storyline particularly believable.  That's the way animal rescue organizations are. 

THIS ^^^^^

• Love 3

If Mark died in a car accident or from a work accident there would probably have been insurance money.  Although she may have blown right through that and spent money as a way to deal with her grief.   He could have just died in his sleep (it's rare for someone young but it happens).  I'm guessing they won't use suicide or Becky would have wondered to Darlene why he chose to leave her.  Maybe he had a heart problem that was never detected because he wasn't one for going to a doctor.  Or he had a brain aneurysm.  People die all the time who seemed perfectly fine just hours before.  Twenty years ago I rode an elevator with a coworker who was leaving early for a routine doctor appointment.  Doctor told him he was in top shape.  He went home and died that night (I forget why but whatever it was hadn't crossed the doc's radar).  I still remember the shock of that..."I was just riding the elevator with him!"

And my favorite line this episode was Becky's,"God, you sound just like my manager" when Darlene asked her how many of her coworkers she'd had one night stands with.

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

If Mark died in a car accident or from a work accident there would probably have been insurance money.  Although she may have blown right through that and spent money as a way to deal with her grief.  

This could be a very likely scenario that leads to Becky's present situation in life.  My husbands parents were killed in a car accident when he was 14 and his brother was four months away from turning 18.  When my brother-in-law got 6 figures in insurance money when he turned 18, and with a gaping hole of losing his parents, he went wild.  He numbed his pain with it for a couple of years and then the money was gone, but the addictions were not.  He just turned 50 and he's never had his life totally together.  It's like Darlene said, their maturity is frozen at a certain point.  Very sad. 

Edited by eskimo
typo
  • Love 8

Continuity has never been the shows strong suit.  With the two Becky's personality transplants.  Serious Jacky turning into Wacky Jacky.  And even David was originally named Kevin in his first appearance.  

I watch Roseanne reruns every night on LAFF (cos I have 250+ channels and nothing's on). IMHO there are a lot of us "superfans" around. I also noticed that when Roseanne was talking at the animal rescue place about Jackie being a police officer, she called her "Jacqueline". HELLO - Jackie was never Jacqueline. Her given name was Marjorie, according to Bev, but because Roseanne called her "My Jackie" the name stuck and they changed her name to Jackie!!! (back to my obsessive little corner)

Regarding Uber  - there are requirements for the car that the Uber driver uses - it can't be too old and it must have A/C and other requirements (my neighbor is an Uber/ Lyft driver and she rents a car to use because her other car was too old). Maybe that's why Becky can't drive for Uber and why she wanted to get a new car (plus she is coming across as a Ms Drunky Drunkerson). I've guessing Roseanne and Dan probably have one decent car that she Ubers with, and Dan has the random 4 Aces truck in the back (where he hangs out with Dwight and Roseanne's first husband in real life lol). 

I thought this episode was much better. It seems like the actors are hitting their stride a little more. And I had a little boo hoo moment there when Becky broke down. Here's hoping SOMETHING will go better for her in the very near future. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

I watch Roseanne reruns every night on LAFF (cos I have 250+ channels and nothing's on). IMHO there are a lot of us "superfans" around. I also noticed that when Roseanne was talking at the animal rescue place about Jackie being a police officer, she called her "Jacqueline". HELLO - Jackie was never Jacqueline. Her given name was Marjorie, according to Bev, but because Roseanne called her "My Jackie" the name stuck and they changed her name to Jackie!!! 

Oh my god, you’re right.

Seriously, they have no one involved with the show now who could catch stuff like that?

We don't know where Andy is. But until the show addresses it, discussions about his absence should go in the Revival thread. In the episode threads, please address the content of that episode, and keep comparisons to the original at a minimum. The Revival thread is the place to discuss big-picture differences between the first nine seasons and this one; the Canon & Continuity thread, the place to point out smaller discrepancies. Thank you!

• Love 5

While Jacqueline isn't her real name, it is the proper full name of Jackie, and it makes sense to use it when they try to make her sound important. And considering Jackie believed it was her name for 40 years, why stop?

• Love 5

Am I the only one that thought that was a reference to when Jackie introduced herself to Andrea that way and Roseanne used it as an alias planning to steal the dog? I don’t think that’s a continuity error at all. That felt way too intentional. 

Edited by AM1418
  • Love 3

I do think they were trying to harp on how restrictive animal rescue places can be but here's my problems with it.

Someone like Jackie - let's call her sixty one - a really well kept and clearly healthy senior woman with a home with a yard and no abject poverty issues wanting to adopt a small mixed breed dog that is not a puppy? They aren't going to say no to that. They *certainly* aren't going to say "you're too old" because thats a)pretty damn rude and b) just asking for a lawsuit.

The second part of my gripe is that while they were turning up their noses at a fairly ideal adopter, they did actually allow Becky to adopt the dog even though she had no house and no yard and was banking on supporting the dog with the fanciful idea that she was going to get paid to have a baby. How fussy can this place be if Becky was given the dog?

• Love 13

"How did the doctor know that fast that her eggs were no good ?"

They do three tests to determine egg quantity for IVF.  One is an internal ultrasound, in which they count the number of follicles you have.  Your eggs are released in your follicles, so if you can't produce many eggs it is unlikely that IVF would work, especially in an older woman.   No reputable clinic would ever clear an egg donor with a  low antral follicle count.   There are also two bloodwork tests that you take that can also measure your egg quantity - not quality.  The antral follicle count ultrasound would happen on your first visit to an infertility clinic, and the doctors can tell immediately if you are unlikely to be successful with IVF due to the number of eggs you are expected to produce.  It is true that the whole battery of tests to clear someone for IVF take awhile to process, but some patients can be immediately ruled out as likely candidates for IVF just from an ultrasound.    Given the fact that it was an egg donor, they won't waste any time trying to help her - the doctors would just tell the intended parents to choose another egg donor.

"For 33, you have eggs of a much, much older woman." I wanted him to spill the news and say: "You can lie all you want, but you might not look it, but your body is 43, not 33." Because they will know from testing if a patient is lying about their age. There are factors that tell a woman's fertility rate and how it ties in with their age. Basically the doctor said that Becky has had problems for years, but no one knew since Mark died and she gave up on things. 

This isn't necessarily true.  I just finished a round of IVF at 40.  The three tests they do for egg quantity all showed that I had the average number of eggs for a woman aged 30-33, so my doctor correctly predicted that I'd have a much better chance of getting pregnant than most 40 year old women because my body would produce a lot of eggs.  Egg quality can't be tested prior to IVF, but my egg quality was definitely that of an average 40 year old woman, since out of the 4 five day blastocysts, 3 were chromosomal abnormal and would have led to a miscarriage (50-70% of a woman's eggs at 40 are expected to be chromosomal abnormal).  Unfortunately, on the infertility forums I've joined, there are many young women who have the opposite situation of mine - they are in their 20s or 30s and have the egg quantity of a woman 10 years older.  It honestly just happens sometimes and a doctor would probably assume that to be the case when faced with a low antral follicle count, and not that his patient was lying.   The only good news is that low ovarian reserve doesn't affect your chances of getting pregnant naturally, since until you go through menopause your body usually finds an egg somewhere, and egg quality is much more important than quantity in terms of getting pregnant naturally.  With IVF, unfortunately, the fewer eggs your body produces the less likely it is for IVF to be successful (but it's still possible, especially if you are younger).  This site can give you an idea of what the effect the antral follicle count has upon IVF success rates:  https://www.advancedfertility.com/antralfollicles.htm

And someone else upthread mentioned doctors requiring ID.  Doctor's offices require ID from the person financially responsible for the appointment to ensure the proper insurance is being billed.  If Becky is an egg donor, she isn't responsible for any of the medical costs, even if it is found that she isn't fertile (which happens sometimes).  So the doctors were probably not interested in anyone's ID since the intended parents medical insurance isn't going to cover any of this, and the doctors office would insist on payment upfront for services from the intended parents.  A credit card might be all they ask for since nothing can be charged to insurance.

I was kind of annoyed with the unrealistic premise of a 43 year old egg donor on the first episode, but thought the show resolved this situation appropriately and realistically on the 4th episode (except for the part where the intended parents didn't do any research on their egg donor - but the IP was shown to be a little loopy anyway.)  But the interactions with the medical professionals were accurate and appropriate.

Edited by kit.kat343
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, chocolatine said:

If Jackie had actually been a Jacqueline, she and Roseanne would (hopefully) know how to pronounce it. It's Jack-uh-lyn, not Jack-wuh-lyn.

I have a friend whose aunt was named Yvonne. The parents thought it was a beautiful name, so they named her Yvonne...drum roll...pronounced "Yuh'-von". No, they were not being cute or trendy back in the 40s when she was born. They honestly didn't know any better. And yes, even years later as they got a clue, it never changed even with the accent on the wrong syllable. She was Yuh'-von to the day she died a few years ago. 

And also I'm in agreement with the poster above. If you want to make a Ronnie or Billy or Jackie sound more important, you are going to "adult" it. Roseanne wanted the woman to respect and fear Jackie so she puffed her up. My brother-in- law is Billy Lee on his birth certificate. Every time he needs to fill out important papers they question it.

• Love 3

The second part of my gripe is that while they were turning up their noses at a fairly ideal adopter, they did actually allow Becky to adopt the dog even though she had no house and no yard and was banking on supporting the dog with the fanciful idea that she was going to get paid to have a baby. How fussy can this place be if Becky was given the dog?

No, the whole thing didn't make much sense if they gave Becky the dog in the first place. I suppose it's possible there was someone else at the front desk when Becky went in, while Jackie got someone with a real stick up her ass. Or maybe that lady had promised the dog to someone else by then and was making up excuses why Jackie couldn't adopt it.

• Love 3
On 11/04/2018 at 9:44 PM, Stacey1014 said:

In the opening scene, DJ looked like he was unpacking a military bag. I wonder if he is also living there temporarily and they just haven’t acknowledged it or if he is also using their laundry facilities. 

Roseanne owns the only washer and dryer in the entire extended family. 

I thought the Faberge Egg was kind of tacky for upscale Andrea. Don’t the reproductions come from the Franklin Mint?

• Love 2
On 4/12/2018 at 8:57 AM, Mmmfloorpie said:

The B story with the dog should have been scrapped.

I can't believe noone realized that the animal shelter totally DID NOT work. 

The A story was pretty weak too. In the first 5 minutes we know Becky can't have kids and the surrogacy story is dead. Then the last acts are just Becky and Darlene at the Mexican restaurant and that seemed incredibly slow paced. Perfect chance to explain Mark's death, but no.

4 episodes in and they've run out of material.

I dont think they ran out of material, it’s just not a great episode.  Parts of it were fine.

im eager to see Roseanne on the job.  Hanging out with Crystal.  I really couldn’t care less about Darlene, her kids, D.J. Or his kid.  I’m actually somewhat interested in Becky though.  

Too many stories to tell. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Roseanne owns the only washer and dryer in the entire extended family. 

I thought the Faberge Egg was kind of tacky for upscale Andrea. Don’t the reproductions come from the Franklin Mint?

That is what I don't understand. Surely, it was not a real Faberge, which would be priceless? I thought it was ugly and godawful. Also, I do not think the Franklin Mint knockoffs are worth that much. Andrea would be more of an understated Tiffany sort of person. Also, totally not worth the lame joke that Jackie does not know how to pronounce Faberge.

• Love 2
On 4/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, iMonrey said:

Eh - Mark and David were never particularly close either. In fact it was stated by David numerous times that Mark tortured him while they were growing up together. I suppose it's possible they grew closer later in life but we saw little evidence of it by the end of the series. Naming their kid Mark feels more like a tribute to the late Glenn Quinn than a realistic choice made by Darlene and David.

My sister was 10 years older than I and so we weren't particularly close.  I could go years without hearing from her. But there's still something about losing a sibling.  I can totally understand David wanting to name Mark after his brother because you expect to lose parents, but losing a sibling is different. Someone who was always there and who you expect to always be there suddenly isn't. It's hard to explain...

If Mark had been sick for a short but intense period of time (undetected stage 4 cancer) that could also put her in the position she's in.  Hospital bills can suck up life insurance (if there even was any) and caring for someone in their last bit of life is painful.  Although, then it would be rather easy to explain his death because could have made the comment to Roseann that she was STILL paying hospital bills for Mark which is why she needed the money. 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

If Mark had been sick for a short but intense period of time (undetected stage 4 cancer) that could also put her in the position she's in.  Hospital bills can suck up life insurance (if there even was any) and caring for someone in their last bit of life is painful.  Although, then it would be rather easy to explain his death because could have made the comment to Roseann that she was STILL paying hospital bills for Mark which is why she needed the money. 

Spouses generally aren't responsible for bills of the deceased.  The hospital could go after the estate, but who in Lanford has much of an estate...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SparklesBitch said:

Unfortunately, I think it depends what facility you go to. I volunteered for years at the main intake animal shelter in my large city, and we would have been absolutely delighted to have a potential adopter like Jackie come in. For all the reasons you mentioned, she’d be a very quick approval. Seriously, we would have handed her ALL the dogs. Stability is HUGE and harder to find in potential adopters than one might think.  

However, I have a coworker who volunteers with a very, very small private rescue. They’re so picky they don’t even adopt out one dog a week. She talks about how they look for reasons to turn people down. I know without a doubt that they’d deny Jackie in a heartbeat because she doesn’t have a fenced in yard, which they require for every dog they adopt out. Assuming Jackie still works at least part time, that would be another black mark because the dog would be alone for at least 8 (or however many) hours every weekday. The woman who runs the rescue always has between 12-15 homeless, adoptable dogs in her house at any given time because they turn down a crazy amount of applications. I’m not exaggerating in the slightest. 

I believe your story.  People like this are really hoarders who can't see the forest for the trees when it comes to adopting out the animals.  In this episode's instance, there is no logical reason to turn down a woman in her early 60s (oh, the horrors of old age!) :D who MIGHT die before the dog's life has ended naturally and keep the dog just to murder him in three days time because they don't have any more room and time's up.  Most of the people in shelters and rescues are good people, but the weirdos stand out and cause bad impressions of the entire field.

• Love 3
On 4/12/2018 at 12:06 PM, janie jones said:

I don't really know how they would have worked Mark's cause of death into Becky's conversation with Darlene that would have seemed natural.  If "ever since your husband died" rather than "ever since Mark died" in that one episode was problematic, then I don't know why "ever since Mark died in that motorcycle accident" wouldn't have been problematic here.  Becky knows how her husband died.  She's miserable and her sister provided unnecessary details isn't helpful.

It looked like the dog was coming from an animal shelter.  Do animal "rescues" have facilities like that? 

Some do (the rescue I volunteer at has their own facility, plus utilizes foster homes). Some rescues run strictly out of foster homes. 

Mark's death would be more "comfortably" addressed had Becky brought it up while she and Darlene were having their heart to heart at the bar. "ever since Mark died, my life has been crap..." or something like that. (Darlene smart ass comeback, "You mean it wasn't crap before?") Or "I don't know what happened to me after Mark died...." It would have been awkward if she said, "I don't know what happened to me after Mark died in that motorcycle accident..."

Speaking of. Does Dan still have the Harley? Maybe THAT is how they could work it in. Roseanne forced Dan to ditch the Harley after Mark died in a motorcycle accident. Or Mark actually wrecked DAN'S motorcycle. I can see Dan making an offhand comment about remembering his old motorcycle, since it was the "seed of passion in which this family was built." 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 1

I was kind of surprised that Becky didn't realize that at 43 she was pushing dangerously close to the end of her fertility window. Even if she got her shit together and found a nice guy, by the time she got around to getting pregnant, her chances of conceiving naturally and carrying to term would be very slim. I think her storyline is depressing me most because there's literally nothing positive that's happened in her life for 20 years. At least DJ and Darlene had some productivity to be proud of. Becky's just crashed and burned.

• Love 7

What do I not understand is why is the retcon that Becky was some sort of promiscuous party girl? Becky slept with exactly one man, who she ended up marrying...this is the opposite of Jackie's "you were popular like me when you were younger" and Darlene's "sleeping with teacher's phase". If Becky became a party girl who enrolled in school and slept with teachers after Mark died then we need to be filled in because this is nothing like the Becky that we knew.

The Becky that we knew pretended to shoot the bird in a class photo because she wanted to add some "coolness" to her good girl image.  It was this same desire that leads her to be attracted to "bad boy" Mark. Darlene would make fun of Becky for being a nerdy dork when they were younger.  Dan could have just said in his speech to Roseanne about not interfering that Becky needed it since she has been flailing since Mark died and she dropped out of Community College (or something like that) after having a bad relationship with a teacher. Becky did things like join student council, not "smoke pot and party" behind the school type kids.

• Love 14

If Becky were a depressed yet relatively well adjusted square, stuck in an emotional rut, it would interfere with Saint Darlene's central story.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 2

I finally had a chance to watch yesterday, and Becky being different now than she was when we last saw her didn't bother me, because I took that to be the whole point - after Mark died, she made one bad choice after another, and now here she is, stuck in a life that isn't what she wants, no clue how to change it, and feeling like she's run out of time to do so.  I loved that conversation between Becky and Darlene, where Becky said the Conner sisters are falling down and how the hell did they wind up like this, and then Darlene suggested they tell each other what's wrong with them.  They have a history of getting through to each other when no one else can, and this was a nice reminder of that. 

And I like that Becky contacted Darlene after the appointment and told her what happened; Darlene had done nothing but rag on her for being too old for pregnancy, and, living at home, would have found out since Jackie had already spilled the beans to Roseanne, but she still told her.  And Darlene, knowing Becky was drunk as duck and upset, went to see her.  I loved the sisters part of this episode.

• Love 13

Darlene saying One of the mother's mentioned indoor water park so I shoved Mark in the van as it was rolling away when Dan asked where were the kids. 

At least she knew where one of her kids was at that moment which was more than Dan ever knew about his.  I remember him as not even knowing the name of DJ's elementary school.

Becky did things like join student council, 

Where she dropped the famous "boombie."

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Dee said:

If Becky were a depressed yet relatively well adjusted square, stuck in an emotional rut, it would interfere with Saint Darlene's central story.

Ouch! Ain't that the truth lol.

I have no problem with Becky acting like a promiscious drunk AFTER Mark's death (I personally know of a woman who got married young and shortly after the daughter left the nest her husband died after which she started to dress rather slutty and going to bars drinking and picking up men and basically acting MUCH younger than her actual age because of a "missed childhood" which was all pretty embarassing for her daughter) but imho opinion that should be PROPERLY addressed. As of now, they are acting like Becky was ALWAYS like this which is a whole lot of BS. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Bastet said:

[A]fter Mark died, she made one bad choice after another[.]

Maybe her first bad decision was a grief-fueled drunken hookup with a community college teacher, and her second was dropping out so she'd never have to face him again.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, tomvilchez1999 said:

Ouch! Ain't that the truth lol.

I have no problem with Becky acting like a promiscious drunk AFTER Mark's death (I personally know of a woman who got married young and shortly after the daughter left the nest her husband died after which she started to dress rather slutty and going to bars drinking and picking up men and basically acting MUCH younger than her actual age because of a "missed childhood" which was all pretty embarassing for her daughter) but imho opinion that should be PROPERLY addressed. As of now, they are acting like Becky was ALWAYS like this which is a whole lot of BS. 

I totally agree. If I had not watched the original series I would have thought that Becky must have always been a party girl fuck up probably starting with the teenage years. I would be shocked to learn that she was pretty responsible and a very good student until she ran off with Mark.

Also, I would have expected Darlene to be a big literary nerd in high school (kind of like me) who would be smart and kind of shy. In reality, Darlene was a bit of a smart-mouthed badass who gave no shits about following the rules or school work. 

Darlene is more understandable, most people change a lot after high school, but Becky is a totally different person. People would be talking more about how she totally changed after Mark's death, but you are right, they are acting like she has always been like this. The only allusion to the old Becky was when Roseanne said something about her being "the smart one".

• Love 1
On 4/15/2018 at 6:18 PM, BitterApple said:

I was kind of surprised that Becky didn't realize that at 43 she was pushing dangerously close to the end of her fertility window. Even if she got her shit together and found a nice guy, by the time she got around to getting pregnant, her chances of conceiving naturally and carrying to term would be very slim. I think her storyline is depressing me most because there's literally nothing positive that's happened in her life for 20 years.

My response seems to have disappeared. I'll try again. I don't understand how the show is asking us to view Becky. They seem to be offering her life sympathetically, when - with the exception of Mark dying - everything about her life stemmed from *her* choices.  Don't want to be a waitress at 43? Finish high school, go to and finish college or learn a trade.  Don't want to "lose" $50,000 in baby money? Don't lie about your age to your "client," for a  physical process that you have to know, at some point, will reveal your lie. Don't want to give up your dog? Don't get a dog before you can provide a home for it. (And BTW, going back and getting the dog she had for about 10 minutes? Really?)

Becky didn't move on when Mark died. But her life is tied to her decisions that she made before and after Mark died. I didn't watch all of the original series, but I've read she left school to be with Mark, or something like that? She owns her current life, and based on her baby story, she isn't making any better decisions now than she did when she was 23. I don't know why the show portrays her in such a sympathetic light. It feels like they intend to have her stand for something IRL, and if it goes the way I suspect it will, she (and the IRL analogue) has no one to blame but herself.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 4

If Jackie had actually been a Jacqueline, she and Roseanne would (hopefully) know how to pronounce it. It's Jack-uh-lyn, not Jack-wuh-lyn.

Well, that makes Jackie, Roseanne, and me. I've only known Jack-wuh-lyns. I've been told that this is more of an American way to pronounce the name. (Note that Americans tend to pronounced Quebec with the wuh, too...) Jackie O wouldn't have agreed with either of your pronunciations. 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 10:31 PM, sab85 said:

I liked the small detail of Dan wearing a Cubs World Series hoodie. That is totally a shirt Dan Connor would have.

This totally cracked me up, because it was a great nod to continuity. However, I'm sure that it was burning John Goodman's skin, as he's from St. Louis, & a huge Cardinals' fan (like me & all of my family!)! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, nkotb said:

This totally cracked me up, because it was a great nod to continuity. However, I'm sure that it was burning John Goodman's skin, as he's from St. Louis, & a huge Cardinals' fan (like me & all of my family!)! 

Then his skin has been burning for many years! Dan has always worn Cubs paraphernalia.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, nkotb said:

He can buy some aloe vera gel with all the money he's making on this show. ;)

• Love 3
14 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Then his skin has been burning for many years! Dan has always worn Cubs paraphernalia.

I know, & it was a good nod to continuity. The Cards & Cubs legit do have the cleanest long-standing rivalry in all of baseball (we don't watch other sports, but I've seen many bitter rivalries in other sports, so we may have the cleanest rivalry in all of sports), but it's still a rivalry.  JG is a loud & proud Cardinals' fan, it's just funny that his character is a Cubs' fan. I'd say the exact same thing if John Cusack, or Bill Murray, or any of the celebrity, fair-weather Cubs' fans from 2016, were on a show, wearing a Cards' shirt. 

Do we know where Lanford is, geographically (I know in Illinois, but what part of the state)? I was thinking it was not a Chicago-suburb, but probably in the top half of the state. 

5 hours ago, nkotb said:

I know, & it was a good nod to continuity. The Cards & Cubs legit do have the cleanest long-standing rivalry in all of baseball (we don't watch other sports, but I've seen many bitter rivalries in other sports, so we may have the cleanest rivalry in all of sports), but it's still a rivalry.  JG is a loud & proud Cardinals' fan, it's just funny that his character is a Cubs' fan. I'd say the exact same thing if John Cusack, or Bill Murray, or any of the celebrity, fair-weather Cubs' fans from 2016, were on a show, wearing a Cards' shirt. 

Do we know where Lanford is, geographically (I know in Illinois, but what part of the state)? I was thinking it was not a Chicago-suburb, but probably in the top half of the state. 

It was originally supposed to be in Fulton County (near Peoria), but later was supposed to be near Elgin. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, nkotb said:

I would say somewhere around Aurora, which is in the north east corner of the state, between Moline, Dekalb and Elgin.

• Love 2