Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Running Your Mouth

• Start Topic

Flashback Sunday

Ben Mandelker of Watch What Crappens put this song together when Luann didn't get her own Special Wedding Episodes. Then Luann announced her divorce 2 months later. Hah!

He did all of the voices - majority of the lines we all heard on the show.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I have participated in several marathons as well, but for me, I didn't find them particularly difficult.  Well, maybe just the constant pausing of the DVR so that I could take bathroom breaks.  Wait...we're not talking about binge-watching Bravo programming are we?

28-couch-potato.w710.h473.jpg

May I add my voice to those who say you’ve won the Internet??????? 8-D

• Love 4
On 4/13/2018 at 8:40 AM, Rosiejuliemom said:

Kitsch value?

Or So Bad its Good? I'll admit that I saw The Room hoping that it would be as bad as I had heard it was.

Yeaaaassss!!!

Sonja..and the Countess...

their cabaret bits have a real “Grey Gardens- Little Edie Beale” feel IMO.

So bad it’s good kind of performances... 

• Love 5

As a Bethenny fan since day one, I'm no longer surprised to see the petty, nasty and often hateful comments about her.

Yeah...petty, nasty and hateful comments about a petty, nasty and hateful person isn't a shocker.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, jaync said:

Yeah...petty, nasty and hateful comments about a petty, nasty and hateful person isn't a shocker.

You're right.   It's not a shocker since being petty, nasty and hateful is a prerequisite for becoming a HW.   I'm glad you don't dislike her for being beautiful and successful.   ?

• Love 4

Carol did inspire me. Since watching her, I've looked into running one.  At my prime weight and shape, I didn't consider it.  We'll see. lol  I truly think that some people's bodies are not cut out for it though.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Carol did inspire me. Since watching her, I've looked into running one.  At my prime weight and shape, I didn't consider it.  We'll see. lol  I truly think that some people's bodies are not cut out for it though.  

Have we met?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 10
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Have we met?

Too FUNNY!  Honestly, the greatest distance for me so far has been 7 miles and I thought I would die.  lol So, I have a ways to go.  I've read that a runner needs to be doing at least 35 miles per week before they even think of training for a marathon, though, my good friend, who runs them, says that's not true.  ?? At any rate, I can say that if Carol did it, I should be able to as well, though, she's pretty thin.  I guess it's easier to carry a few pounds over the finish line, than a hefty bootie.  lol 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Too FUNNY!  Honestly, the greatest distance for me so far has been 7 miles and I thought I would die.  lol So, I have a ways to go.  I've read that a runner needs to be doing at least 35 miles per week before they even think of training for a marathon, though, my good friend, who runs them, says that's not true.  ?? At any rate, I can say that if Carol did it, I should be able to as well, though, she's pretty thin.  I guess it's easier to carry a few pounds over the finish line, than a hefty bootie.  lol 

She deserves much credit for what she accomplished, as others have said, due to her age and without any real exercise regimen.  I hated running even when I was a lithe youngster.  I am neither now, and though I would like to and plan to become more active, it won't be running.  

Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

She deserves much credit for what she accomplished, as others have said, due to her age and without any real exercise regimen.  I hated running even when I was a lithe youngster.  I am neither now, and though I would like to and plan to become more active, it won't be running.  

Best of luck to you in your endeavor.

We'll see.  It's a big commitment.  I'm going to explore and see how it goes.  I may need to start smaller. lol Still, it just really had an impact. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She deserves much credit for what she accomplished, as others have said, due to her age and without any real exercise regimen. 

Not to remotely take away from such an impressive accomplishment indeed, but Carole did have one slight advantage in this case: she was already so skinny/petite and light on her feet that running was already going to be easier for her than most women her age at an average/larger size. I guess I’m slightly envious in that respect because my size D tits are usually slinging every which way as soon as I hit my running stride after two minutes on the treadmill.  

Speaking of which, I’ve tried every sports bra on the market and even have to double layer them, but freakishly large tits even at a size 4-6 are the “gift” that genetics gave me; makes me wonder why Ramona ever bothered to enlarge her own formerly perky breasts into her current puffer pigeon post-divorce look. Or Bethenny rocking those insane bolt-on’s. As someone who wishes she had the cash/recovery time for a breast reduction, I’m baffled by women who want bigger tits; the regular maintenance on them alone is insane enough as it is. I’d take Carole or even Tinsley’s petite bodies any day over the boobtacular look the other gals sport.

• Love 14

@Sun-Bun, thanks for mentioning that Carole’s thinness helped a lot in her marathon experience. Still a heck of a thing to put oneself through but she did have lightness on her side. I’d have to lose 20# to  compete even in a 10k!!!

Also thanks for the comment on the pouter pigeon look — I’d thought that had ended in my grandma’s day, and she was born in 1880!!!

Of course women should be able to do to their bodies what they wish — but part of “the good old days,” for me, was being slim and not particularly top-heavy. Now that I’m overweight, I carry a lot above the waist and it’s given me new empathy for those who are naturally over-busty to the point of discomfort. Given a chance to have a body like any of the NYHOs, I’d pick Tinsley’s, or Dorinda’s-pre-enhancement.  

• Love 3

That was a great accomplishment for Carole and it was touching that her family was there to see her cross the finish line and also that it brought her closer to Anthony in spirit.

That said, I have been on the fence about her since I started watching last season and my disdain is beginning to grow. Her nastier than usual cutting remarks in her THs along with the hints to have a celebratory party thrown for her were a bit much. But I did applaud her for throwing the darts right back at LuAnn.

I didn't think that Tinsley was being out of line, nor being a ventriloquist for Carole during her dinner with LuAnn. After all of the gloating and obsessing by LuAnn last year, the other women deserved to get more than a brush-off about the divorce. I agree that Tinsley has had a year to settle in and settle down (in a place of her "own") and is finding her voice.

Sonja's gay party was pathetic ... just like she is.  She looks awful this year and even worse in her TH segments.

I have nothing new to add about Bethenney but am sorry about her dog and agree that she looked good in that royal blue dress.

I still love me some Dorinda but I am starting to get just a tiny bit worried about her drinking. It's OK when she's funny and halfway nice. It's when she gets nasty or so drunk that she has to leave her own party early, that makes me cautious.

I tried numerous times when I was younger to take up running and when that didn't work out, race walking. I was a failure at both. I just don't have the build, natural rhythm or endurance for it. One of my brothers and my SIK were hard-core runners all of their lives and my brother is paying the price now as his knees are shot.  It was good for me to quit while I was ahead because I suffer badly from arthritis and some very painful issues with my feet. I've already had one hip replaced and need both knees replaced and I'm only 58. Anyway, long distance walking worked out best for me as a means of cardio and now I try to swim.

On the subject of big boobs and running. I also was very very well-endowed when I was younger and that made running difficult.  I had cut my shin and went to a plastic surgeon to see if there was anything he could do about the scar reduction, which he couldn't and it eventually faded. While I was there, I casually asked about breast reduction surgery and by some miracle, my insurance covered it. (This was back in 1999.) It made a huge difference in my life. I am tall and large framed (and about 25 lb. overweight) and even with those factors, I didn't realize that I had shoulder and upper back pain until those boulders were made way, way smaller.  If you can get a primary care doctor to make the case about pain, posture, etc., insurance might cover it.  I was off work for only one week and I didn't have any pain, nor did I need drains. It was pretty easy.

• Love 9
On 4/15/2018 at 12:26 PM, sasha206 said:

I've always loved Lu, but she was absolutely insufferable with the Tom stuff -- from her (forced) giddiness over him to accusing all the women of being jealous and expecting the royal treatment because she was a bride and then because she was married.  I hope it was all shtick for the show, because sheesh, I didn't even act like that when I was a 28 year old bride.  I can't imagine being 50 and thinking women were jealous of my betrothal and expect start treatment.  Not to mention, going through with a wedding when you have a cheating fiance?  Weak.   I don't blame all the women for having issues with her.  

And she's a terrible singer.  Remember that cringeworthy duet with Natalie Cole?  I felt terrible for Natalie; she must not have been in a good place to lower herself to a duet with a terrible singer who is a Real Housewife.

The worst was when she was in a studio recording her song wearing those headphones.

I don't think she really sings. She just talks like she's reciting poetry with dramatical moves.

Sonja sounds just like her with her Caburlesque - she's just talking and flashing people

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

You might want to look into 5K Runs - that's 3.1 miles. Most of the people I know started out with those. Not everyone "races/runs" in these events - some walk and jog a bit.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Not to remotely take away from such an impressive accomplishment indeed, but Carole did have one slight advantage in this case: she was already so skinny/petite and light on her feet that running was already going to be easier for her than most women her age at an average/larger size. I guess I’m slightly envious in that respect because my size D tits are usually slinging every which way as soon as I hit my running stride after two minutes on the treadmill.  

Speaking of which, I’ve tried every sports bra on the market and even have to double layer them, but freakishly large tits even at a size 4-6 are the “gift” that genetics gave me; makes me wonder why Ramona ever bothered to enlarge her own formerly perky breasts into her current puffer pigeon post-divorce look. Or Bethenny rocking those insane bolt-on’s. As someone who wishes she had the cash/recovery time for a breast reduction, I’m baffled by women who want bigger tits; the regular maintenance on them alone is insane enough as it is. I’d take Carole or even Tinsley’s petite bodies any day over the boobtacular look the other gals sport.

I have the same "gift". When mine started growing, it made me very self conscious. The main reason is the looks I began receiving from boys/men - I just wasn't ready and didn't know how to process that kind of attention.  I used to hunch forward and carry my books covering my front. Shopping was a nightmare - even T-Shirts - everywhere else on top you're tiny but you can't buy a small unless you want it to fall to your midriff like a cut off. Most tops for teens are made for a smaller chest - so you'd even have to be careful of a V Neck - many times you are walking the tightrope between cute and Hookerville.

I don't understand why Ramona got those boobs either - I thought she had the perfect boob size before. I do see that most women who have store bought boobs - need to show everybody their purchase - for life!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I tried to train for one after I had my first kid.  I was 30, in good shape, and still couldn't.  I just can't do long distances.  I am more of a sprinter.  I talked about it with an ortho I worked with and he said it comes down to Type I vs Type 2 muscles (fast twitch vs slow twitch).  Marathon runners have more slow twitch whereas sprinters have more fast twitch muscles. 

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

My husband runs marathons.  Not as often as he used to but he will do them occasionally (once or twice a year or so).  His average run is 8 miles which he will do a couple of times a week. If he knows he has a marathon coming up, he will stretch it out to 12-15 miles for his long run.  He finds that if he can do 15 miles, he can do the full marathon (with snacks, of course). 

1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

You might want to look into 5K Runs - that's 3.1 miles. Most of the people I know started out with those. Not everyone "races/runs" in these events - some walk and jog a bit.

I will sometimes do 5K runs.  I just go in the back because I'm a run/jog/walk person. Whatever you do, ignore the running community though.  In general, they are horrible to 5K runners and act like it isn't an accomplishment to run a 5K.  Do what you can and celebrate it!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

That said, I have been on the fence about her since I started watching last season and my disdain is beginning to grow. Her nastier than usual cutting remarks in her THs along with the hints to have a celebratory party thrown for her were a bit much. But I did applaud her for throwing the darts right back at LuAnn.

I didn't think that Tinsley was being out of line, nor being a ventriloquist for Carole during her dinner with LuAnn. After all of the gloating and obsessing by LuAnn last year, the other women deserved to get more than a brush-off about the divorce. I agree that Tinsley has had a year to settle in and settle down (in a place of her "own") and is finding her voice.

I still love me some Dorinda but I am starting to get just a tiny bit worried about her drinking. It's OK when she's funny and halfway nice. It's when she gets nasty or so drunk that she has to leave her own party early, that makes me cautious.

I am still not certain what exactly Tinsley wanted from Luann.  Didn't they watch the WWHL special?   If listening to her be happy about her upcoming wedding and marriage was torturous why would they want to hear anything more from her?  At some point maybe what the other women need to do is one big "I told you so dance" .  Luann would most likely enjoy it and even join in.  The problem with Tinsley is she starts taking the jabs about The Countess moniker.   It sounds a lot like jealous to me.  Given the fact Tinsely threw her own marriage away chasing after some shoe string royal Prince Casimir “Cassi” Wittgenstein-Sayn. http://nymag.com/fashion/09/fall/58334/  Last year it was West Palm Beach vs. Palm Beach and granted Tom's home was in West Palm Beach  all the wedding and other social activities took place in Palm Beach.  All Tinsley has as a reminder of her days in Palm Beach is a restraining order.

Carole saying Luann needs to apologize for saying the others were jealous is maybe what they really want from Luann.  Just ask her.  Although I do think they were jealous of the fact Luann was getting so much camera time.  Of course had they not continually talked about Tom and Luann there may have been less camera time. It is still a weird situation-do they want Luann to apologize for getting married or getting divorced?

Dorinda's drinking problem most likely gets upstaged by Luann's arrest.  

RIP Debbie Reynolds.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 7

The first two eps this season have bored me to tears like no other RH show ever has. It´s strange because NY is pretty consistently my number 2, behind BH. Even though last season was terrible, I still held out hope. I´m not very optimistic about things changing anymore, since I guess I´m just bored with the whole crew. I can´t stand watching Carole anymore, something about her just bores me more than anyone else, even though I have nothing against her per se, she´s not on my housewives hate-list or anything. Bethenny was so great years ago, when the show first started, but I can´t stand her anymore, she´s always just japping. I seriously wish they could get Aviva back on, keep Luann (maybe Ramona too), and Dorinda obviously since she´s the only one I truly am not yet bored with, get Alex back and... or maybe the show has ran it´s course for me.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I tried to train for one after I had my first kid.  I was 30, in good shape, and still couldn't.  I just can't do long distances.  I am more of a sprinter.  I talked about it with an ortho I worked with and he said it comes down to Type I vs Type 2 muscles (fast twitch vs slow twitch).  Marathon runners have more slow twitch whereas sprinters have more fast twitch muscles. 

That's so interesting!! I've never heard of this.

Good for Carole.  She should be proud of herself, but she is really proud of herself.  I mean really, really, proud of herself.  I hope it tones down as the greatest accomplishment of her and everyone else's life soon.

I'm also on Lu's side as to Tom/Adam/Tinsley.  Lu was desperately in love and she was devastatingly humiliated.  Why does she owe an apology to the bitches who tried to tell her she was making a mistake.  How saintly of them.  How they suffered.  Just shut up and offer a sympathetic ear if asked.  And Carole?  Lu's crushing divorce trumps living with a guy who you knew had an expiration date.  Whom you tried to hold on to with a book deal.  Who moved out last season and who you are still sleeping with.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

My husband runs marathons.  Not as often as he used to but he will do them occasionally (once or twice a year or so).  His average run is 8 miles which he will do a couple of times a week. If he knows he has a marathon coming up, he will stretch it out to 12-15 miles for his long run.  He finds that if he can do 15 miles, he can do the full marathon (with snacks, of course). 

I will sometimes do 5K runs.  I just go in the back because I'm a run/jog/walk person. Whatever you do, ignore the running community though.  In general, they are horrible to 5K runners and act like it isn't an accomplishment to run a 5K.  Do what you can and celebrate it!

It's like the old saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time." I started with 5Ks and eventually 10Ks, half marathons and then a full. Don't see myself doing another full. Checked that off the bucket list. LOL I'm def not a sprinter. Long and steady is the game for me. The best advice I can give it to not over-train and to go to a running store. Go to Road Runner Sports (if you have one in your area) and get custom insoles. They will save your knees.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Good for Carole.  She should be proud of herself, but she is really proud of herself.  I mean really, really, proud of herself.  I hope it tones down as the greatest accomplishment of her and everyone else's life soon.

I'm also on Lu's side as to Tom/Adam/Tinsley.  Lu was desperately in love and she was devastatingly humiliated.  Why does she owe an apology to the bitches who tried to tell her she was making a mistake.  How saintly of them.  How they suffered.  Just shut up and offer a sympathetic ear if asked.  And Carole?  Lu's crushing divorce trumps living with a guy who you knew had an expiration date.  Whom you tried to hold on to with a book deal.  Who moved out last season and who you are still sleeping with.

Lu's engagement had a several day expiration date, she just refused throw the bum out when the relationship spoiled.  She was desperately in love with the idea of being in love. I don't know if the HWs think they suffered due to Luann's insufferability with regards to TomCat, but I certainly did. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 10
On 4/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Honestly, you'd be better off going for brisk walks!  Running is so hard on your knees.  In the summer, I do 4 miles walks several times a week and it gets me in shape!  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I am more of a sprinter.  I talked about it with an ortho I worked with and he said it comes down to Type I vs Type 2 muscles (fast twitch vs slow twitch).  Marathon runners have more slow twitch whereas sprinters have more fast twitch muscles. 

I am neither a sprinter nor a marathon runner.  I'm more of a 'jog one block and lay down and die' type of runner!  Seriously, way back in high school we had to run a mile.  I tried to work up to it, but I couldn't even make it a whole mile without stopping and walking, and feeling like I needed to keel over.  However, I have no problem with riding a bike or walking for miles.  Go figure!  Kadooz to anybody who can run any distance.  You've got my respect!  

• Love 7
On 4/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, howiveaddict said:

LOL at Lu Ann's comment about her I Tune hits.  And what is up with tanned/black face and afro last week and corn row type braids this week?

And then her comment about how she dressed up as a "Moroccan Princess" to lure the Count?  She's like a one-woman cultural appropriation Olympics!

I was frankly shocked that none of the women other than Carole (and maybe Dorinda, to some extent) really seemed to have an issue with Luann's choice of costume.  Like, maybe it wasn't "technically" blackface, but if it's even in the same zip code as blackface, is there really a need to do it?  (Especially since it wasn't so long ago that there was that kerfuffle about her daughter's use of the n-word.)  Just... avoid.  Avoid! 

I didn't see WWHL, but I'm disappointed to learn she defended her choice.   

• Love 6

Surprised to learn that Bethenny and Luann went out partying until 2 am.  My goodness, I would love to see *that* footage! 

All of their faces look swollen.  *All* of them. 

Carole's marathon run was inspiring, and I too shed a few tears.  (However, I continue to find her terrible.) 

• Love 3

Not sure how one shows humility.  I use to kind of feel sorry for Tinsley because of her situation with the abusive guy but she certainly zero compassion.  She seems to want to punish people.

Dinner with Luann was uncomfortable. I’m glad she appears to be happy and resigned to divorce, but if she expects support and sympathy from the same friends she said were jealous of her previously, she should show some humility for the situation SHE put herself in. I just wish she would open up and be more vulnerable. There just appears to be a certain arrogance about how she views herself and her friendships.

All I have heard Luann say is she had not heard from Carole.  Carole hates her and there is nothing Luann can do to change the situation.  I always find it odd when someone wants to change another.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

That's so interesting!! I've never heard of this.

Yeah, I first learned about it in my grad school classes for swallowing disorders (your swallowing muscles are fast twitch muscles). 

11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Lu's engagement had a several day expiration date, she just refused throw the bum out when the relationship spoiled.  She was desperately in love with the idea of being in love. I don't know if the HWs think they suffered due to Luann's insufferabliity with regards to TomCat, but I certainly did. 

Dude, did she even make it to a week before Tom was found cheating?  I'm wanting to say it was just inside of a week when B told her about him kissing a girl at the Regency. 

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I am neither a sprinter nor a marathon runner.  I'm more of a 'jog one block and lay down and die' type of runner!  Seriously, way back in high school we had to run a mile.  I tried to work up to it, but I couldn't even make it a whole mile without stopping and walking, and feeling like I needed to keel over.  However, I have no problem with riding a bike or walking for miles.  Go figure!  Kadooz to anybody who can run any distance.  You've got my respect!  

I totally get you!  I can ride a bike for an hour or two but put me on an elliptical and I'm DYING.  I can barely do 10 minutes on an elliptical!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Not sure how one shows humility.  I use to kind of feel sorry for Tinsley because of her situation with the abusive guy but she certainly zero compassion.  She seems to want to punish people.

Dinner with Luann was uncomfortable. I’m glad she appears to be happy and resigned to divorce, but if she expects support and sympathy from the same friends she said were jealous of her previously, she should show some humility for the situation SHE put herself in. I just wish she would open up and be more vulnerable. There just appears to be a certain arrogance about how she views herself and her friendships.

All I have heard Luann say is she had not heard from Carole.  Carole hates her and there is nothing Luann can do to change the situation.  I always find it odd when someone wants to change another.

They are all the same!

Carole lamented that none of the housewives besides Tinsley went to the marathon to cheer her up.

Tinsley is not interested in punishing anyone imo. She is just self absorbed like everyone else on that show.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

They are all the same!

Carole lamented that none of the housewives besides Tinsley went to the marathon to cheer her up.

Tinsley is not interested in punishing anyone imo. She is just self absorbed like everyone else on that show.

I thought it was funny when they were talking about the marathon Carole said Tinsley was the only one who wanted to go.  Then Luann said she wasn't invited.  I know it seems inconceivable to Carole and Tinsley but carving out 7 hours of time to watch someone maybe stumble across the finish line is a lot to ask.  I wasn't aware the marathon course was right outside Sonjia's front door.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

know it seems inconceivable to Carole and Tinsley but carving out 7 hours of time to watch someone maybe stumble across the finish line is a lot to ask.  I wasn't aware the

Most people don't stay that long, particularly know that you can track them on an app. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought it was funny when they were talking about the marathon Carole said Tinsley was the only one who wanted to go.  Then Luann said she wasn't invited.  I know it seems inconceivable to Carole and Tinsley but carving out 7 hours of time to watch someone maybe stumble across the finish line is a lot to ask.  I wasn't aware the marathon course was right outside Sonjia's front door.

I wasn't aware that one had to be "invited' to a showing of support.  I missed the passage from Emily Post, where she suggested that one send engraved, linen invitations to stand at a finish line and yell "yay Carole!"  Lu's bs propriety exclamations.  I wonder if she sends signed Thank You notes to her conquests.  If so, she's undoubtedly one of Vista Print's most valuable customers.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I wasn't aware that one had to be "invited' to a showing of support.  I missed the passage from Emily Post, where she suggested that one send engraved, linen invitations to stand at a finish line and yell "yay Carole!"  Lu's bs propriety exclamations.  I wonder if she sends signed Thank You notes to her conquests.  If so, she's undoubtedly one of Vista Print's most valuable customers.

Carole had tickets and said that she "invited all the women but only Tinsley showed up", she didn't send an invite (email/text) to Luann to offer, so she can't complain that "only" Tinsley came. LOL

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Carole had tickets and said that she "invited all the women but only Tinsley showed up", she didn't send an invite (email/text) to Luann to offer, so she can't complain that "only" Tinsley came. LOL

I see.  Well, I guess I didn't realize that tickets were required to attend.  My marathon experience is limited to ... well, I've covered that haven't I?  ?

1 minute ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I see.  Well, I guess I didn't realize that tickets were required to attend.  My marathon experience is limited to ... well, I've covered that haven't I?  ?

You can watch the marathon from anywhere along it's route but you need tickets to get a seat in the stands at the finish line, like Tinsley/Adam/Carole's family did. Heck, the race went right past Sonja's townhouse but she didn't come out to cheer Carole on. LOL

• Love 3
Just now, WireWrap said:

You can watch the marathon from anywhere along it's route but you need tickets to get a seat in the stands at the finish line, like Tinsley/Adam/Carole's family did. Heck, the race went right past Sonja's townhouse but she didn't come out to cheer Carole on. LOL

Sort of furthers my opinion that these women have little to do with each other outside of filming for a paycheck/exposure.  If I only saw a castmate for 4 months or so every year, and didn't have a strong personal relationship, I probably wouldn't trouble myself with navigating through a nightmare of traffic, etc., to show up for a faux support session.  Tinsley was probably genuine in her goodwill, but she is the newest cast member, and may have seen it as good camera time.  That Sonja couldn't stick her head out the window doesn't really surprise me, though had she thought about doing it bare-breasted while slinging Mardi Gras beads down to the crowd, I'll bet she would have.  There's a missed opportunity she's regretting today.

• Love 5

Kudos to Carole for raising money for an animal shelter and for getting in shape. The connection she felt with her deceased husband was sweet. I just realized I have done a few “walkathons  “ to raise money, and they were similar distances as the Marathon. Not trying to take anything away from  Carole’s accomplishment , but she may have walked for most of the race. Four miles an hour is more a brisk walk than a run. Keeping that up for seven hours is difficult, but removing running from the equation makes it seem more achievable. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Sort of furthers my opinion that these women have little to do with each other outside of filming for a paycheck/exposure.  If I only saw a castmate for 4 months or so every year, and didn't have a strong personal relationship, I probably wouldn't trouble myself with navigating through a nightmare of traffic, etc., to show up for a faux support session.  Tinsley was probably genuine in her goodwill, but she is the newest cast member, and may have seen it as good camera time.  That Sonja couldn't stick her head out the window doesn't really surprise me, though had she thought about doing it bare-breasted while slinging Mardi Gras beads down to the crowd, I'll bet she would have.  There's a missed opportunity she's regretting today.

Most of them can hardly stand the presence of the each other.  Hanging out after filming-seems a stretch.  Since there was no party or anything, again I think it is asking a lot of acquaintances to give up their day to wait for one to finish-or wade into the mess.  Sonja may have had out of town plans and been visiting her daughter.  Maybe living on the route (if she in fact truly does) it is a good time not to be there. 

• Love 3

I can't remember, but was the party to be the same day as the marathon? When I ran mine, after showering, all I wanted to do was veg on the couch and not move, never mind a party. LOL

• Love 1
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Do you have to hang around the entire time, though? I thought you could get some sort of app where you could track your runner and then meet them at the finish?

On 4/16/2018 at 4:41 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

On 4/16/2018 at 6:40 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

We'll see.  It's a big commitment.  I'm going to explore and see how it goes.  I may need to start smaller. lol Still, it just really had an impact. 

I was inspired by Carole too, and I haven't even seen the episode yet.   

15 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I was inspired by Carole too, and I haven't even seen the episode yet.   

What impresses me more is when I gauge how far away something is that's about the distance of the marathon.  I mean......it's a long way. At least, imo.  I wonder how her feet held out.  My friend, who's a runner, loses toe nails. I'm not sure I have that in me. lol  

• Love 5

I've run the NYC Marathon before and I gotta say good for Carole or anyone else running it!  It's a tuffie!  It's not just the 26 miles of running it's the hills, the weather, every little thing involved.  This isn't a flat course of just running, it's ups and downs that kills your knees and God help you if the weather isn't perfect.  Tinsley wearing a poncho means it was raining that day?!  Ooof.  I feel for Carole doing this. 

Having said that, I'm glad the marathon was early in the season and it's over now.  I don't think I could have stand an entire season of training for this thing.  Carole is an interesting character and is worthy of more than just I'm exercising now story. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I've run the NYC Marathon before and I gotta say good for Carole or anyone else running it!  It's a tuffie!  It's not just the 26 miles of running it's the hills, the weather, every little thing involved.  This isn't a flat course of just running, it's ups and downs that kills your knees and God help you if the weather isn't perfect.  Tinsley wearing a poncho means it was raining that day?!  Ooof.  I feel for Carole doing this. 

Having said that, I'm glad the marathon was early in the season and it's over now.  I don't think I could have stand an entire season of training for this thing.  Carole is an interesting character and is worthy of more than just I'm exercising now story. 

Yeah, I'd like to see more too, but, do we know what Carole does?  I know she used to talk about the books that she and Adam were working on together, but, what else?  I would imagine that gym membership and a personal trainer in Manhattan aren't cheap. Certainly, she must have additional income than that from the show.  

I could say the same about Luanne, but, I guess she has her recording royalties and her new musical gig, right?  That really shocks me, but, she says it's doing great.  

Ramona has her own businesses, as we have seen before.

Dorinda.....I can't recall.  I suppose her husband provided for her well, but, that's been a long time ago.  

Bethenny, has her riches and businesses to run.  We know how she's so busy with that and her charities. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I'd like to see more too, but, do we know what Carole does?  I know she used to talk about the books that she and Adam were working on together, but, what else?  I would imagine that gym membership and a personal trainer in Manhattan aren't cheap. Certainly, she must have additional income than that from the show.  

I could say the same about Luanne, but, I guess she has her recording royalties and her new musical gig, right?  That really shocks me, but, she says it's doing great.  

Ramona has her own businesses, as we have seen before.

Dorinda.....I can't recall.  I suppose her husband provided for her well, but, that's been a long time ago.  

Bethenny, has her riches and businesses to run.  We know how she's so busy with that and her charities. 

Except for Bethany they are all professional reality tv stars.  Enh I can live with it. 

Yeah, I consider being featured on a reality tv show a job.  It takes time, commitment and giving up things like privacy and a lot of self respect, but, could it support these women to the style they are accustomed? Even with some high numbers, I'd wonder how they could live in NYC and The Hamptons, on that income alone.   Maybe, I'm off, but, I wouldn't imagine that any of the ladies on RHONYC make more than $100,000.  per season.  And how could they live in NYC the way they live on that? Perhaps, I am overestimating the costs. 

Oh, up above in my post, I completely left Tinsley out!  lol  So, Tinsley's monthly rent in her hotel would be $10,000. per month.  Is that right? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I consider being featured on a reality tv show a job.  It takes time, commitment and giving up things like privacy and a lot of self respect, but, could it support these women to the style they are accustomed? Even with some high numbers, I'd wonder how they could live in NYC and The Hamptons, on that income alone.   Maybe, I'm off, but, I wouldn't imagine that any of the ladies on RHONYC make more than $100,000.  per season.  And how could they live in NYC the way they live on that? Perhaps, I am overestimating the costs. 

Oh, up above in my post, I completely left Tinsley out!  lol  So, Tinsley's monthly rent in her hotel would be $10,000. per month.  Is that right? 

Your right but I'm sure they make money on appearances and such.  Being on WWHL or if they are really lucky going on another reality tv show like Celebrity Apprentice or DWTS....

Or I could be a cynic because I watch Unreal but perhaps all of this is just for the show and they don't actually live in these places all the time...maybe just rent them out for the show...I mean who wants to see a RHONY living in Queens....*shrug*

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Or I could be a cynic because I watch Unreal but perhaps all of this is just for the show and they don't actually live in these places all the time...maybe just rent them out for the show...I mean who wants to see a RHONY living in Queens....*shrug*

Oh, PageSix i.e. Sonja would be all over that.  There are public records to these places.  

The other thing I think we’ve learned over the years is that if Real Housewive viewers are the only people buying your product you can’t make money.  I see Ramona is out with another skin care line because people think she looks like Benjamin Button.  I can’t, I just can’t.

• Love 1