Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Running Your Mouth

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I just assumed she when she said JPM she meant the actual bank. I thought she said her that her ex no longer spoke to her so I was assuming JP Morgan Chase bank was giving her financial advice. 

That's exactly what she meant, the advisors at her bank.. She said she "talked to JPM and they told her" it was her greatest asset. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ryebread said:

That's exactly what she meant, the advisors at her bank.. She said she "talked to JPM and they told her" it was her greatest asset. 

Thanks!  I assumed he meant her ex, whom I forgot was JAM.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Wait! You mean she doesn't know that her ex-husband's middle initial is A, or she's purposely misleading us into thinking her husband was JPM?

Isn’t that the company name/acronym?

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I don't believe the relationship was totally fake, but yeah, I bet it was amped up for the show.  I saw them together at a few parties/events in the Hamptons & they did look like a real couple -- unless they were putting on a convincing public show.  Sure, he never seemed much into her.  But I never believed her proclamations of love for him -- or that she really wanted to be stuck in that tiny penthouse of his.  I just assumed she's pissed he didn't wanna play along with her shtick for a storyline for the show & be discreet with his need for cruising around.

Always enjoy your NYC insights!

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Oh, Scoobie. I'm sooo jealous! I would love to have seen Lu and Tom in their natural habitat!

When I saw 'em, they looked kinda sweet together.  They drifted around speaking to many, and always stuck together -- uh, except when he went to get her a drink.  Was he merely looking for an excuse to go off & smootch others?  Well, I wasn't exactly watching 'em too intently cuz I wasn't all that interested, but he did seem to be doing that a lot.  Uh-oh, tip-off of things to come for Lu?  Lots of smootching others for him & lots of drinks for her . . .

Btw, did any of 'em seem to be honestly bothered by Lu's bronzer imitation of Diana Ross last ep?  Moaner's reaction was odd.  Well, not so much odd.  More like fake as hell.  Oh please, Moaner wasn't bothered by it one bit.  She just was looking for something to poke at Lu about.  Ah, Moaner never changes.  Bethenny's cuts on her were well-deserved & gave me a giggle.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

Did Heather run in the marathon as well?  I was trying to look up her time but couldn’t find a listing for Heather Thomson.

She ran under her married name Heather Schindler. 4:46.  Her husband did it in 4:00:09.  (I know me, I would have been beating myself up for that nine tenths of a second. 9 tenths of a second!)

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

When I saw 'em, they looked kinda sweet together.  They drifted around speaking to many, and always stuck together -- uh, except when he went to get her a drink.  Was he merely looking for an excuse to go off & smootch others?  Well, I wasn't exactly watching 'em too intently cuz I wasn't all that interested, but he did seem to be doing that a lot.  Uh-oh, tip-off of things to come for Lu?  Lots of smootching others for him & lots of drinks for her . . .

Thanks for your notes from the field, Scoobs!

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 13
21 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

I may be misremembering but didn’t it come up when she was getting married that she’d lose her title and she said she was just fine with that?  Also, slightly weird comparison to Queen Latifah, since the Countess is a real title presumably being used by the Count’s new wife.

She literally referred to her age in her TH.

Did Heather run in the marathon as well?  I was trying to look up her time but couldn’t find a listing for Heather Thomson.  I think she’s super fit; I was just curious about her time.

Sonja did make me laugh when she said she preferred hanging out with her gays because women are so judgemental.  Yes, because gay men are so well known for being non judgmental.  ? 

And what was Bethenny talking about when she compared a skinny, rich woman who gets a good night’s sleep to a unicorn.  It was something like that.  I didn’t quite follow.

She was talking about how she had to hire a President for her company as she was getting overwhelmed and no matter how hard you try - you just can't do it all.  She said that show me a rich, thin, tan, skinny...etc woman and I'll show you a unicorn. In other words, neither exist.  (now I'm sure I'm missed some words from her quote, this is not intended to be verbatim)

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

She was talking about how she had to hire a President for her company as she was getting overwhelmed and no matter how hard you try - you just can't do it all.  She said that show me a rich, thin, tan, skinny...etc woman and I'll show you a unicorn. In other words, neither exist.  (now I'm sure I'm missed some words from her quote, this is not intended to be verbatim)

And of course to me that meant:  I'm rich, skinny, tan (well, maybe) but I don't sleep much therefore I need a Prez.  I truly believe, in her mind, the only thing she didn't hit the mark on was sleep.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Carole calling out Dorinda's Walkman was kinda bullshit, IMO. I seem to recall a few seasons ago Carole wandering around using an old iPod nano. Not exactly current technology. If Dorinda wants to use her Walkman and old iPhone, more power to her.

*side note* My dad calls any and all personal music players walkmans. Doesn't matter what they are. He just wants me to put his songs on the damn thing.

The real estate listing for Sonja's townhouse did show a nice looking property (I'd kill to have the built in bookshelves in her bedroom). On the show, it just looks a little cluttered and the decor is a bit too stuffy for my taste. The brown ice is also a deal breaker.

Side note to the side note: I had a prof who called them Sony headpacks.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, esco1822 said:

I just assumed she when she said JPM she meant the actual bank. I thought she said her that her ex no longer spoke to her so I was assuming JP Morgan Chase bank was giving her financial advice. 

As @ryebread mentioned Sonja has mentioned the bank. However, Sonja has also referred to her ex as J.P. When she does it, her name drop is almost always phrased like this "When I met/married/was married to JPM..." It's ridiculous. The woman is an inveterate liar. In contrast, Tinsley never mentions Topper's pedigree because it's a little bit like if you have to ask, you aren't in the club.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 19

I had some fun watching this episode.

Sonja. Any time someone says "my gays," I get the twitchies. I have rather a lot of LGBT friends, and I find "my gays" to be utterly offensive and dismissive.

Luann. Any time someone says, "I'm super-fun!" with a snarl on her face, I'm gonna think she's neither super nor fun. She spent the last couple of years beating these HoWives over their heads with her Great Love and marital status. Now she doesn't want to talk at all? Yeah, that's gonna fly when you're on a reality show that's based on talking about your life.

Carole. Congratulations on completing a marathon -- and not even being the last to finish. That's something most of us will never do. (And on another topic, I'm old enough to be Carole's mother, and I have "old hands," and won't be adding any fillers or whatnot to them to make them less old-looking. I earned every one of those veins. Of course, I'm not a celebrity, not even a Bravolebrity.)

Dorinda. I don't mind sober Dorinda, but drunk Dorinda (whom we didn't see this episode) scares me. She goes from happy to slurring, yelling, and nasty in a minute.

Bethenny. I've never disliked her. I still don't. She's taken every opportunity she's ever gotten and run like heck with it. She's run over people sometimes, and that's unpleasant -- but it happens in business more often than not.

Tinsley. I've always been "meh" on her, and I still am.  I don't understand why it's anyone's business (I'm talking about Sonja in particular) that she wants to live in a hotel. Frankly, I wouldn't want to live in a hotel long-term, but that's me. I'd put that money into property I could own. But, considering Tinsley's personality, I can see why she'd want no responsibility at all, even if she could hire housekeepers and cooks to take care of all her needs. She wants no strings, which you can get in a hotel. Hence her "I can order room service."

• Love 19
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Lu telling the story about surprising Alex dressed as a Moroccan princess? Cringeworthy. Tinz looked like she was trying to hold in the laughter.

She mentioned she was fully covered...so he didn't know it was her? The story sounded, to me, like her husband let a strange female into his room. I didn't think it was sweet or romantic at all. 

(I think Alex's princess was Ethiopian. )

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What does anyone care if people call Luann Countess-it is how she was introduced on the show and it is her brand.  They should take a hint from Andy Cohen and his pronouncements she will always be The Countess. 

I really don't care. I think it's silly, but harmless. My only issue is that when LuAnn was touting Tom as the best thing since sliced bread, she seemed only too happy to give up the title. Now that her marriage fizzled faster than one of her singles, she's suddenly  - "I never STOPPED being the Countess! Always was, always will be." Okay, LuAnn. 

42 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

And what was Bethenny talking about when she compared a skinny, rich woman who gets a good night’s sleep to a unicorn.  It was something like that.  I didn’t quite follow.

I think she was talking about the notion of having it all. I can't remember all she said, but it was more than just skinny and rich. Like you can't be thin and make a bunch of money and have a good social life...AND get a good night's sleep. 

14 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And of course to me that meant:  I'm rich, skinny, tan (well, maybe) but I don't sleep much therefore I need a Prez.  I truly believe, in her mind, the only thing she didn't hit the mark on was sleep.

Well, she is rich and thin....and somewhat "tan", I guess. I didn't see it as bragging. If she tried to be self-deprecating about her size or wealth, I'd laugh. I think she was just saying that she has time to work out and plan meals, time to take care of her appearance, time to successfully run her business. But she's exhausted. So she's going to get some more help with her business and have more time to, hopefully, sleep. 

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Speaking of hair, I think Lu's braids at lunch with Tinsley, were what was under the wig the night before at the Halloween party. 

Carole's hair has looked good these last two episodes. This is from February. The color and cut are not good. I think she is one of those rare birds that can pull off straight hair with a middle part. Like when she was walking with Dorinda in the park.

gettyimages-923209070-copy.jpg?quality=9

I'm all for experimenting with style, cut & color at ANY age, so I say kudos to her for trying something different.  But the color is too washed-out.  Needs to be adjusted & would flatter her much better if it were a bit deeper.  Just toning down the color with a few lowlights would make a tremendous diff.  I think the length really suits her.  Her makeup is kinda washed-out-looking too.  Not bad, but could be better.  Still way better than Sonja's ridiculous, exaggerated t***** lips.  Was she getting makeup tips from the guests at her fake gay party?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Tiggertoo said:

I may be misremembering but didn’t it come up when she was getting married that she’d lose her title and she said she was just fine with that?  Also, slightly weird comparison to Queen Latifah, since the Countess is a real title presumably being used by the Count’s new wife.

She literally referred to her age in her TH.

Did Heather run in the marathon as well?  I was trying to look up her time but couldn’t find a listing for Heather Thomson.  I think she’s super fit; I was just curious about her time.

Sonja did make me laugh when she said she preferred hanging out with her gays because women are so judgemental.  Yes, because gay men are so well known for being non judgmental.  ? 

Luann no longer has the title of Countess de Lesseps as she married Tom.  I don't think Alex has remarried.  His wives prior to Luann got to use Countess until they remarried.  The difference is Luann can be The Countess or Countess Luann just as Queen Latifah can use Queen.  Carole's mother in law as been known as of Princess Lee Radziwill even after divorcing and remarrying and divorcing again.  It is simply what people called Lee Radziwill who was actually Lee Ross in recent years.

Maybe Heather uses her husband's name socially?  Schindler?  Her husband's name is Jonathan.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm still of the mindset that it was a marriage of convenience for both.  She needed the income, the storyline to keep her employed.  The breakup, the arrest...all that ensure Lu will receive a plum check from Bravo for the next couple of years.  I never believed her giddiness over the marriage.  Not sure what was in it for Tom other than maybe fame, needing to get married by date X to ensure he had an inheritance, quell any gay rumors?  Who knows.  He never seemed that into her, and for all of her giddiness, I never thought she was that into him either.  I mean, she didn't seem all that bothered by the cheating revelation nor does she seem that upset talking about the breakup.   So yeah, the cynic in me believes if she didn't marry for his money, she married for show money.  The breakup and humiliating arrest is just bonus to make her an interesting reality TV character.

Personally, I believe you're onto something.  She did rather overact her pending nuptials.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Sonja. Any time someone says "my gays," I get the twitchies. I have rather a lot of LGBT friends, and I find "my gays" to be utterly offensive and dismissive.

It is dismissive and offensive. Whenever I hear this it sounds like LGBT people are some type of collectible. These are people not pokemon!

10 minutes ago, WordsWordsWords said:

(And on another topic, I'm old enough to be Carole's mother, and I have "old hands," and won't be adding any fillers or whatnot to them to make them less old-looking. I earned every one of those veins.

Go 'head, girl!

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I really don't care. I think it's silly, but harmless. My only issue is that when LuAnn was touting Tom as the best thing since sliced bread, she seemed only too happy to give up the title. Now that her marriage fizzled faster than one of her singles, she's suddenly  - "I never STOPPED being the Countess! Always was, always will be." Okay, LuAnn. 

I think she was talking about the notion of having it all. I can't remember all she said, but it was more than just skinny and rich. Like you can't be thin and make a bunch of money and have a good social life...AND get a good night's sleep. 

Well, she is rich and thin....and somewhat "tan", I guess. I didn't see it as bragging. If she tried to be self-deprecating about her size or wealth, I'd laugh. I think she was just saying that she has time to work out and plan meals, time to take care of her appearance, time to successfully run her business. But she's exhausted. So she's going to get some more help with her business and have more time to, hopefully, sleep. 

Luann before marrying Tom said she would always be the Countess, just like she will always be a nurse.  Her words not mine.  She gave up the Countess de Lesseps.  When Princess Diana divorced Queen Elizabeth (real title) stripped her of HRH Princess (her Royal Highness).

• Love 4

Why is Tinsley on this show?  She seems sweet, but seems like a void with nothing to offer (I also wonder why Carole stays on the payroll when she hasn't offered anything either for a few seasons).

I think the show wouldn't have suffered if Tinsley had been dropped from the show and had one or two women as friends of (an audition to get an apple for next season).

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

It is dismissive and offensive. Whenever I hear this it sounds like LGBT people are some type of collectible. These are people not pokemon!

Gotta catch 'em all. I've got a bunch of bears, some otters, muscle Marys, and twinks, but not a single leather daddy or drag queen. Wanna trade?

Wait...we no longer trade people like they are commodities. Then perhaps Sonja (and other Bravolebrities) can stop talking about the LGBT community like it's a trip to Colonial Williamsburg.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Thanks for this info! I also agree with those who say just completing a marathon is something. It's not for me, but good for them!! I did the breast cancer 3 day walk a few years back (20 miles each day for 3 days). SLEEPING IN TENTS AT NIGHT. No sir. I damn HATE camping. That was the suckiest part of all. My best friend was dying from cancer at the time tho :(  I did raise ~$4,500.

I love 'camping'!

2018 berkshire interior.jpg

berkshire mh.jpg

eta - Not my rig, just a pipedream.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Carole dressed in this manner before Adam came along, so she's not doing it to "keep up with Adam" in my opinion.

What are the rules for dressing for your age?  Who's the arbiter on this topic?  And every woman I know tries to look younger than they are by the time they reach forty.  Perhaps the posters having this problem with Carole are on the south side of forty?  If so, remember your rules and don't look silly when age catches up to you - which it will . . . eventually.

Are we only not "silly" if we give up, gain weight, let those few gray hairs fly, and forget makeup - because we're just a bunch of old bags anyway, why even try?

I've always thought Carole's style is cute.  She's tiny.  She can get away with what most can't.

I do think at a certain age, you look ridiculous with mermaid hair and some getups -- see Erika from RHOBH.  She looks fabulous at over 40 dressed down.  But lately her persona seems all Erika Jayne, all the time.  And I think she looks like Whatever Happened to Baby Jane now.  Dress as you see fit,   but an overwhelming amount of hair, extensions, loaded with makeup and garish clothes  in the name of fashion only see seem to work if you are under 40.   Lisa Vanderpump looks great in tshirt and jeans, but the hair and makeup are weighing her down.

So oddly enough, there are a lot of these Bravo stars that actually look OLDER when they are trying to look youthful through their hair and dress.  

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I noticed the same thing.  Much of the conversation is obviously spliced together judging by the level of wine in Lu's glass.  It went up and down which made me suspect the responses aired were not the actual response to the remark.  (Hope I'm making sense).

I'm thinking the editors are working big time to have Luann come across as particularly arrogant in this first half of the season with some creative scene cuts. Not to say that Luann needs a lot of help on this front, but I think they're really working at it so that when the whole arrest/jail thing happens it will be a very dramatic fall. 

I will also say, and I am a fan of Lu's so that's my grain of salt, that I understand why Luann would go the brazen route in terms of how she's acting post-Tom disaster. She dug herself in so badly that there really was no getting out gracefully. Her choices were to be all meek and contrite or to brazen it out, she's chosen the latter. Does it make her look great? No. But I kind of get it. Especially since she knows the other women are going to drag her throughout this season, and for a few more to come (if she's still there), I'm guessing. I don't even blame them for dragging her, that's part of the game and she did dig that massive hole. But it's something she knows is coming and she's going to have to deal, so why not go big?

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

What are the rules for dressing for your age?  Who's the arbiter on this topic?

You, my dear, are the post of the day.

5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I've always thought Carole's style is cute.  She's tiny.  She can get away with what most can't.

I do think at a certain age, you look ridiculous with mermaid hair and some getups -- see Erika from RHOBH.  She looks fabulous at over 40 dressed down.  But lately her persona seems all Erika Jayne, all the time.  And I think she looks like Whatever Happened to Baby Jane now.  Dress as you see fit,   but an overwhelming amount of hair, extensions, loaded with makeup and garish clothes  in the name of fashion only see seem to work if you are under 40.   Lisa Vanderpump looks great in tshirt and jeans, but the hair and makeup are weighing her down.

So oddly enough, there are a lot of these Bravo stars that actually look OLDER when they are trying to look youthful through their hair and dress.  

I cannot compare Erika to any RHONY at all.  Erika is a caricature.

Women ....wear what ever makes you feel good.  There are lots of outfits a fit 50 plus year old can wear, that an overweight 20 something can’t.  Fashion isn’t just about age.

• Love 10

As to the fashion issue, I don't care about age. Wear what you want. I think it's great to see women having fun and enjoying themselves. Even Erika - I think most of her outfits are ridiculous, but she seems to really enjoy it. So have at it! I think a big part of "pulling off" a certain look is your confidence. As well as other factors such as fit, color, etc. It's not really an age thing. I think LVP on BH actually dresses as an "older woman" and shouldn't. She always looks best, to me, in jeans and a white tee with her hair pulled up. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I cannot compare Erika to any RHONY at all.  Erika is a caricature.

Women ....wear what ever makes you feel good.  There are lots of outfits a fit 50 plus year old can wear, that an overweight 20 something can’t.  Fashion isn’t just about age.

Yes, she is a caricature.  

And yes, I agree on what a fit 50 year old could wear versus a 20 something.

But as a 50 year old, I'm acutely aware that the hairstyle I wore in my 20s doesn't work now.  Super long hair on me drags me down, makes me look older.  The makeup I wore in my 20s would now make me look garish.  Wearing some of my outfits that I wore then -- and I'm more fit now at 50 -- would look silly on me.  Wear what you want when you are a certain age, but be aware, your attempts to look trendy may actually make you look silly and older.  You can still look hip and be fashionable.  Doesn't mean you can't take risks.  I get compliments all the time on how "brave" I am with my new hairstyle -- which is nothing more than a longer pixie/short bob.  It looks hip, a little edgy, but age appropriate.  I'd look absolutely ridiculous with long mermaid hair.  

15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think LVP on BH actually dresses as an "older woman" and shouldn't. She always looks best, to me, in jeans and a white tee with her hair pulled up. 

Totally agree.  Some of her outfits are dowdy and she's got a great bod.  The white tee, jeans, and hair pulled up look great.  Personally I wish she'd do something different with her hair.  A long bob, maybe some dimension.  Rid herself from the fake eyelashes.  Tone down the makeup. She's a beautiful woman.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Perhaps the posters having this problem with Carole are on the south side of forty?  If so, remember your rules and don't look silly when age catches up to you - which it will . . . eventually.

Very true. I used to be a dress your ager until recently. I had medical issues from age 19 until about this last year. I basically lost out on living my twenties in every way possible concentrating on getting better. I am now and recently found myself googling whether or not certain types of clothes, accessories, and hairstyles are age appropriate and got a lot of disappointing results.

That changed my outlook on this issue pretty fast! 

Edited by WhoaWhoKnew
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I'm still of the mindset that it was a marriage of convenience for both.  She needed the income, the storyline to keep her employed.  The breakup, the arrest...all that ensure Lu will receive a plum check from Bravo for the next couple of years.  I never believed her giddiness over the marriage.  Not sure what was in it for Tom other than maybe fame, needing to get married by date X to ensure he had an inheritance, quell any gay rumors?  Who knows.  He never seemed that into her, and for all of her giddiness, I never thought she was that into him either.  I mean, she didn't seem all that bothered by the cheating revelation nor does she seem that upset talking about the breakup.   So yeah, the cynic in me believes if she didn't marry for his money, she married for show money.  The breakup and humiliating arrest is just bonus to make her an interesting reality TV character.

It wasn't a very convenient marriage.  It seemed rather painful to me.  If I were to hire someone I would want them to be attentive and treat me like 1,000 pounds of gold.  The only other story line that season was Bethenny's fibroids.  The big trip was cancelled twice and the producers chose to capitalize on Luann's engagement.  Luann wasn't even around for a good deal of filming she was with Tom in Vail.   When the others filmed without her she was the topic of conversation. I do believe Luann was that giddy and very stubborn.  Sobriety may put a damper on her giddiness.  She had been pretty beaten down by Bethenny in The Berkshires prior to her engagement.  Credit to production and the rest of the cast for keeping Tom's infidelity under wraps.  If anyone was stretching it out for a storyline it was Bethenny.  She called the producers when Tom got caught cheating instead of Luann.  Tom's family is knee deep in lawsuits, and Luann wisely entered into a pre-nuptial agreement the inheritance rumors were so lame.  The gay rumors , again something put out there by Carole, never were addressed by Luann and Tom.  Given Tom's catting around I would say they were baseless.  Luann was genuinely upset by the infidelity and Tom made promises it would not happen again.  As to the break up, she seemed pretty defeated.  I don't think Luann can be described as being both condescending and "countessy" and thrive on humiliation.  Given the events in December I would say it was pretty obvious she was not dealing at all well with the break up.   It was humiliating.  Next time around Luann needs to find someone respectful.  Alex, Jacques, Tom and Harry have not always shown her respect.

The only reason I can think of Tinsley wanted Luann to open up is because she has been opening up about the abuse she suffered at the hands of her downlow boyfriend.  As Luann said it was pretty obvious what happened.  One of the reasons Luann called it quits is she was tired of her marriage playing out in the press. 

Every season Luann has had some sort of major issue.  She is definitely the star of the series when it comes to life events.  Bethenny may be the Queen Bee but without Luann  she would not have much to work with over the years.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

While I agree that it was in part a marriage of convenience, Luann still caught feelings, imo.

Last year, when B showed her the pictures of Tom with the blonde at the Regency, she looked genuinely hurt.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

In case anybody was wondering, the, "In Memory of Danny 'Happy' Tsang 1989 - 2017" at the end of the episode was for one of their camerapersons.  Two mornings after the marathon he was killed in a motorcycle accident. His brother started a GoFundMe for his funeral and raised $33,000 which exceeded the goal he had set for expenses. The comments make it sound like he was well-liked and respected in the business. So sad. Sounds like he had a very bright future.

Thank you, Ryebread,  for taking the thoughtful time to post this epitaph for Mr. Tsang. I did see his name and passing date at the end of the episode. So very young. I hope he loved what he did in production and had great fun doing it. RIP, sir. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 19
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It wasn't a very convenient marriage.  It seemed rather painful to me.  If I were to hire someone I would want them to be attentive and treat me like 1,000 pounds of gold.

I don't think she had the money to hire Tom.  I think he wanted the exposure.  Til he got it.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I don't think she had the money to hire Tom.  I think he wanted the exposure.  Til he got it.

Exposure for what? While he seems to be a big famewhore, he could have stayed on the show as anybody’s fuck buddy.

I think he was reluctant to go thru with her which is why he cheated so early on.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Exposure for what? While he seems to be a big famewhore, he could have stayed on the show as anybody’s fuck buddy.

I think he was reluctant to go thru with her which is why he cheated so early on.

You answered the question:  He seems to be a big famewhore.   Hell, he apparently dated both Ramona and Sonja, but only made it into the show on the background at a party.  And we only know that b/c he ended up with Lu.  Otherwise, we'd never have heard of him and he was Sonja's fuck buddy for 10 years (supposedly).  As soon as he became Lu's serious love interest, voila, he's famous.  So being someone's fuck buddy didn't catapult him into fame.  Marrying Lu did.

If not for exposure, perhaps other reasons.  Maybe he was tired of the perpetual bachelor gay rumors?  I don't know.  But somehow he ended up marrying someone he cheated on during their courtship and then seemed to loathe her shortly after.  He never seemed in love with her from his cheating ways. So either she held a gun to his head or he went through with something for reasons other than true love.  Fame, to me, is high on the list of those potential reasons.  People will do anything for fame, which is why sex tapes are so en vogue.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

As to the fashion issue, I don't care about age. Wear what you want. I think it's great to see women having fun and enjoying themselves. Even Erika - I think most of her outfits are ridiculous, but she seems to really enjoy it. So have at it! I think a big part of "pulling off" a certain look is your confidence. As well as other factors such as fit, color, etc. It's not really an age thing. I think LVP on BH actually dresses as an "older woman" and shouldn't. She always looks best, to me, in jeans and a white tee with her hair pulled up. 

For me, regardless of age, I think the old question of: "Are you wearing the clothes or are the clothes wearing you?" is the paramount issue. Ericka, may be a costumed mess and have more misses than hits, but she has the bearing, confidence and 'je ne said quoi' to be the one wearing her clothes and not vice versa.  I think the same goes for Carole. 

I don't think Dorinda gets mentioned enough in best dressed HW discussion. She really does have great style and I love, love, love that she isn't afraid of color and pattern. She is a big fan of Pucci and I love it!!! 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Speaking of hair, I think Lu's braids at lunch with Tinsley, were what was under the wig the night before at the Halloween party. 

Carole's hair has looked good these last two episodes. This is from February. The color and cut are not good. I think she is one of those rare birds that can pull off straight hair with a middle part. Like when she was walking with Dorinda in the park.

gettyimages-923209070-copy.jpg?quality=9

I think she looks terrible in this pic.  Her hair elongates her face or makes it look too thin.  Something...I can't figure it out.  I actually had to look twice before I realized who it was.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

For me, regardless of age, I think the old question of: "Are you wearing the clothes or are the clothes aren't wearing you?" is the paramount issue. Ericka, may be a costumed mess and have more misses than hits, but she has the bearing, confidence and 'je ne said quoi' to be the one wearing her clothes and not vice versa.  I think the same goes for Carole. 

I generally liked Erika's style when she first came on the scene.  But now she seems to have morphed into her Erika Jayne 24/7 and looks silly to me.  I think she looks like she's aged 10 years over the past 3 seasons and it's mostly because of the garish makeup and get ups.

I think most of the women, particularly on RHONY dress pretty well and age appropriate.  But remember some of the ridiculous getups on Tinsley last year? 

Most of the time I think hair is the biggest offender.  Aviva wore her hair long and it dragged her face down.  Ramona and those ridiculous extensions.  Tamra from RHOC too.  Aviva and Tamra went to a long bob and it took 10 years off their faces.  Kyle from RHOBH has beautiful hair but it's dyed too dark and it's way too long.  She looked great a couple of seasons ago with some caramel highlights and some length cut off.

kyle-richards-out-in-new-york-12-06-2016

kyle-richards-talks-lisa.jpg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Thanks for this info! 

I looked up the Go Fund Me for the man who passed who was credited at the end who had passed. Carole and Shed Media donated . I hope other hw did too. There were a lot of Anonymous listings. 

1 hour ago, WordsWordsWords said:

. She wants no strings, which you can get in a hotel. Hence her "I can order room service."

Tins doesn’t vote and I doubt she cooks and cleans and makes her bed either. Agree.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I think she looks terrible in this pic.  Her hair elongates her face or makes it look too thin.  Something...I can't figure it out.  I actually had to look twice before I realized who it was.

Agreed.  That's one of the worst photos I've ever seen of her.  Her hair looks way too flat.  The way its styled in this photo probably wouldn't look good on anyone.  And as much as I like Carole, she's no raving beauty.

• Love 8

Basically, those three things together are impossible to find... just like a unicorn.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

There were a lot of Anonymous listings. 

There ya go.  

23 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And as much as I like Carole, she's no raving beauty.

I concur, fwiw.  I do believe that her reconfiguration worsened her appearance, not bettered.

Carole-Radziwill-plastic-surgery-Before-and-After.jpg

In the interest of fairness, here's an image later than high school, but before the latter:

carole-wedding.png

She's always seemingly had an unfortunate mouth situation, but the 'fix' didn't fix it imo.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Every season Luann has had some sort of major issue.  She is definitely the star of the series when it comes to life events.  Bethenny may be the Queen Bee but without Luann  she would not have much to work with over the years.

Wasn't she demoted to a "friend of" one season?  Right before the Tom storyline?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

There ya go.  

I concur, fwiw.  I do believe that her reconfiguration worsened her appearance, not bettered.

Carole-Radziwill-plastic-surgery-Before-and-After.jpg

In the interest of fairness, here's an image later than high school, but before the latter:

carole-wedding.png

She's always seemingly had an unfortunate mouth situation, but the 'fix' didn't fix it imo.

And yet she's oddly attractive to me sometimes.  She looked lovely in her wedding pic!

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Wasn't she demoted to a "friend of" one season?  Right before the Tom storyline?

She was demoted when Heather was still on the show, before Bethenny came back, so over 3 years ago. I don't think Luann dated/married Tom for a storyline. 

• Love 9