Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Running Your Mouth

• Start Topic

Luann's Pandora station must be nothing but housewives music & parody songs.  Haven't we all rocked out to Antoine Dobson's Intruder Song and Sweet Brown's "Ain't nobody got time for that"?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRut-JieEBi54_26uqaumc

giphy.gif

Illustrious company indeed!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Luann and Carole are experiencing significant moments in their lives and regardless of what Carole feels about Luann, you can't justify complaining about someone needing attention when something bad happens in their life, but then admit you want attention for something good you're doing in yours.

I think the important difference here is that Carole wants attention from her friends for her significant accomplishment and Lu wants attention from everyone she knows. 

• Love 22
49 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I used to love Sonja.  She could make me laugh with her self-deprecating humor.  But wow, she really seems mentally ill.  

I always think she trained herself when talking about the JPM marriage and it's demise to cry by thinking "money" instead of "marriage."  Meaning, she's tearfully sobbing, "I miss my marriage," when in her head she's really thinking, "I miss my money."

She's done this more than once on the show--name dropped that she was married to J.P. Morgan. She was married to J.P.'s great grandson, John Adams Morgan. But yes, she wants her money and the cache she gets from an active connection to the Morgan family back.

• Love 15
11 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

They're totally ruining Dorinda's appearance on WWHL with all of this 31 doorbell nonsense.  It's fun to see so many botox-ed faces from the past but I'd love to hear what Dorinda thought about the episode tonight.  

I just watched this show and my God, I couldn't get over the Death Becomes Her look of nearly all of the women on each franchise -- even some of the young ones on Vanderpump Rules.  But by far the least recognizable to me was Gretchen Rossi!  Her face is so filled up, that it made her look fat.  Jenna was another one.  She looked absolutely awful.

Dorinda is not a raving beauty but I have to hand it to her.  She looked the least touched by plastic surgery.  Used to love her hair, but she needs to tone it down and go back to what looked like a short bob that softened her face.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I see that Luann and Sonja are back to being dumb and hateful.

I've got to add Dorinda to that pile too. I switched channels after she, during brunch with Tinsley, started waving her arms around, complaining about Peppermint Bridges and Sonja taking jabs. Girl, take a look in the mirror.  She's hateful when she's sober at 11:30 in the a.m. and just gets worse when she's drunk.

She wound Tinsley up, and is now insisting that non-confrontational Tinsley back her when she goes scorched-earth on Sonja in the Hamptons.

That cherry sweater, though.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Forgot to add a WTF about Sonja calling Dorinda fat - Dorinda has a great figure.  Reason 63728556 of why Sonja sucks.

Especially since Sonja admitted to getting "fat" herself over the summer, indulging too much croissant in France. 

• Love 17

Sonja just can't help herself when it comes to Tinsley. She has to shit all over that poor woman. Can't she just be grateful to have received a $5k gift card and have her home back to herself? What an ungrateful, jealous, gossip mongering shrew. How does she know Tinsely isn't financing her own hotel suite from her Bravo salary?

I'm sorry, but did Sonja just call herself "independent?" Bitch, please. How is relying on her alimony cheque from JP Morgan to run that crumbling house of horrors being independent? The only job she's held down to my knowledge was cocktail waitress, and even the best hostesses/cocktail waitresses cannot afford a town house on the Upper East Side.

I'm saying! She was constantly bitching about Tinsley being a poor guest, now that Tinsley's out, she's talking shit about Tinsley being kept and living in a hotel. Tinsley should say, "I left because I now know what it's like to have unlimited heat, so keep my name out your mouth." Sonja wishes she was still kept. She's been treading on that Morgan last name for over a decade post-divorce. 

Let me tell y'all, I hollered when Lu went on about her Pandora station and itunes singles. No one is going to tell her that her shit ain't hot. No one!  Seriously, I want that type of confidence. 

I'm awful, when Dorinda asked Tinsley if they should order a bottle, I was like, please do! I live for drunk Dorinda. Though I did side-eye that it was 11:30 am. Unless it was brunch? Not that Dorinda needs an excuse. She lives for the saying "it's 5-o-clock somewhere." 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Right? God forbid she is a older lady. What would be acceptable? locking herself in her house and not coming out? I mean how dare she be in public having old hands she should be taken out back and shot once she passed the rip old age of 29 lol

All of these women, even the ones who have gained weight likely b/c of the aging process itself are in fantastic shape, not only for their age, but for any age.  Even Ramona with her gut still has a great shape.  

My issue with these women is that they really need to go lightly with the fillers and botox.  Because in certain lighting their skin just looks odd.  I do get light botox, but it just gives me a fresher look, not a waxy look.  The NYC group for the most part seems to have found a good mix; I do think Carole can look majorly overdone at times.  Some of the women on the rest of the franchises, yikes.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I know we're only two episodes in, but something seems off to me this season. I am afraid this show may be going the way of Atlanta.  

This. Remember when NYC was different from the other franchises because there were some true friendships there? Now, it feels like all of them are just intent on taking each other down. Dorinda is now planning a take down and recruiting soldiers. Poor Tinsley. I mean, there is snark and then there is being mean because you're desperate for a storyline. I don't want this franchise to turn into all fighting/shrieking/arm waving, all the time.

Carole winding Dorinda up by telling her that Sonja said she looked fat, was so calculated. Kind of like when Carole told Kristen that Bethenny said she was dumb. 

They're all going for the throat this season. I agree, @mwell345 it's starting to feel a little bit like Atlanta.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, mwell345 said:

I sensed a lot of "scripted" nonsense tonight - the dinner with Luann and Tinsley, for one.

I noticed the same thing.  Much of the conversation is obviously spliced together judging by the level of wine in Lu's glass.  It went up and down which made me suspect the responses aired were not the actual response to the remark.  (Hope I'm making sense).

I don't want  bickering and nastiness all the time.  That's what ruined RHOBH for me.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I think the important difference here is that Carole wants attention from her friends for her significant accomplishment and Lu wants attention from everyone she knows. 

That isn't important at all and there is no difference. It's a bias narrative to stress that Carole wants attention for a significant accomplishment but Luann just wants attention. Luann wants to feel supported. Just because we all knew that it made no sense to continue being with a man with Tom's reputation, that doesn't mean that Luann's feelings weren't hurt from the demise of that relationship or that it wasn't real to her. Is Carole's sadness over her relationship with Adam any less meaningful since he was never meant to be a long term thing? Absolutely not. And Luann's feelings aren't any less meaningful just because the rest of us knew what a dog Tom was. Luann wants Carole's support and that's disingenuous of Luann given their history and her lack of support for Carole's relationship. But it's equally dishonest for Carole to take that misstep from Luann and generalize it as though Luann is expecting the world to have sympathy for her and harassing those who aren't coming forward in support. Carole's experience isn't everyone's experience. So again - zero difference in Carole complaining about Luann wanting acknowledgement from people for her experience yet Carole wants attention from people.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 16

"Gay Wednesday" parties every week, eh, Sonja?  Sorry, hun, but I call bullshit on that one.  I walk by her townhouse every nite on my way home & it's always the same -- barely any lights on & quiet to the point of seeming deserted.  It was certainly that way last nite -- ahem, Wednesday nite.  Nope, Sonja is clearly trying desperately hard, like everyone else on here, to create a storyline for herself.

Jeez, ALL the women on here seem to lead such empty & dull lives.  I'm sure Bethenny is the exception to that.  But how she's portrayed so far, she also seems to be bored & boring.  I can't wait for them to show Bethenny doing her thing in Puerto Rico.  Well, at least I hope that happens.  There were some complaints in the thread for the last ep about her bragging about what she did for PR.  Not from me.  I wanna know exactly what she did.  It would be great promo for what's still needed to be done there.  Would really be the only good thing to come out of this season.

So Tinz, you really wanna make Lu talk about Tom, eh?  And you think that's not mean as hell to poke at Lu & make her talk about a rat bastard fuck she doesn't wanna talk about, eh?  Hey Tinz, I know plenty about you, that you sure as fuck wouldn't wanna be brought up on cam, so hun, STFU & leave Lu alone about talking about fuckface Tom!!!

Look, Carol doing the marathon is certainly a great accomplishment.  But I don't give a rat's ass about it.  It's been done by many, many others & even the slick producers' efforts to make it dramatic sorta laid a big goose egg.  Dull, dull, dull.  Carole is just dull.  And I'm embarrassed for her when she brings up Adam.  "On-again-off-again boyfriend"?  Ugh.  This seems so sad & pathetic.  It's like her calling her doorman or mailman or local pizza delivery guy her "boyfriend".  And btw, her hair color is horrible & distractingly unflattering & unattractive.  Not quite as bad as when Katie went orange on VPR, but still pretty bad.  Her cut is kinda good, but she's gotta get that color fixed & toned down ASAP.

Used to be that Bethenny would stand out as the one making the most & harshest cutting, nasty remarks.  Seems to be on an even scale now between ALL of 'em.  This season EVERYONE is catty as fuck.

So Sonja, you really think ANYONE would choose choose your shitty townhouse, on top of a 24/7 super-busy garage, over a luxury high-end Manhattan hotel?  Uh, no, Sonja.  True, Sonja's townhouse is looking better, & most Manhattan hotels (even the supposed luxury ones) can be surprisingly meh, but I'd take a hotel in a sec.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

Seriously.  I'm not too much younger than Carole.  WTF am I supposed to do about my "old hands".  Everyone will reach Carole's age - if they're lucky.

I think what people mean about her hands is that she’s always trying to dress and/or act like she’s 29 (To keep up with Adam) and sometimes she looks silly for doing so, i.e. those motorcycle gloves. The two types of people wear those gloves are young hipsters or people that drive motorcycles (which she’s neither.) I think many woman in their 50 look amazing when the dress for their age. Also, the covering up her “old hands” comment was referring to the fact that she’s always trying to cover up her age and it looks silly. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

How many songs does LuAnn have? Three? Does that really warrant an entire Pandora station?

That's how I took it as well. She didn't mean they were NEVER bf/gf. She was responding to LuAnn's accusations that she had an "affair" with Adam. She meant they weren't bf/gf AT THE TIME. 

Lu keeps changing her story. First it was just an issue because Carole KNEW Nicole and was breaking some sort of "girl code". Now Carole actually broke up an existing relationship? Give me a break. Why is this even still a topic of conversation? I'm sure Nicole was over it years ago.

Exactly. Carole is no spring chicken, and she had never really worked out a day in her life. She said her knee started acting up during the run. I don't care how fast she went, she accomplished a goal. She should be proud. And it's not like she was the very last person to come across the finish line. 

I find it hilarious that they're all kissing each other's asses, over how Sonja has always been there for Lu and just wanted Lu to be happy. Bitch, please. Shall we rewind several months when Sonja wasn't even invited to the wedding because she kept running around sobbing about how Tom was the love of her life over several decades????

While I don't think the point was for her to brag about having her own Pandora station, now having googled what the hell Pandora is, it's hilarious that she would have a station dedicated to a few songs. That's a really quick playlist...and who is actually listening to this playlist? lol

Lu has always gone back and forth between the two stories. Does she really think it's the same thing in her mind? Just because she doesn't talk about it anymore doesn't mean she's let it go. She may be able to be civil with Carole but she's holding that Adam thing in the back of her mind at all times and she's still upset about it. Learning of Adam and Carole's relationship during filming, what if her niece and Adam were still having 'coffee' together when he started dating Carole? Luann saw that as a relationship but all other parties understood it as single and free to date whomever. Even though it was Carole that brought up what Luann had said about Adam and their relationship, if Luann is truly over it, she needs to just shut up and say 'I thought we moved past this and there's no point in arguing over the same thing'. Someone needs to say this because I'm really tired of hearing about it.

I totally missed where they showed Carole's time. But agreed, finishing is the accomplishment, not the time. She didn't go into the marathon as some seasoned athlete with the intent of being competitive.

Funny you mention that because when Lu mentioned how Sonja has been a loyal friend and didn't say 'I told you so', my first reaction was recalling the scene when Sonja told Luann 'I'm your friend and I support you and I will even after he's gone'. Well I guess she's just making good on her word, haha.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Boofish said:

Awww that story made me smile :) and LMAO @ the Uber. I'm proud of Carole and her "old hands" And count me in on being one of her emotional support viewers because I had eye sweat when she finished. 

The best part about running 5k's is to see all the people and little kids with that "high five hand" on the curb telling you to keep going and you are doing a good job. Running without stopping for 26 continuous miles (or even if you stop and walk you are still moving) is 100% super terrific mega bad ass I don't care how long it takes or how "old" your hands look. 

I did too!  I teared up.  I've had a love/hate thing for Carole over this franchise, but I found myself cheering for her and loving that she did it.

I do 5Ks and am lucky if I run the entire time.  i can't even imagine doing a 26 miler, especially at my age (50).  For someone who wasn't an exerciser throughout her life to accomplish what she did is amazing.

• Love 11

2 things that made me groan & cringe in this ep?  First was Dorinda talking about using a Walkman.  Ugh & yikes.  I don't think she was kidding either.  OK, forget about the age factor.  Plenty of peeps older than 50 are very up on tech.  This is about her specifically.  She seems so out-of-touch.  Not just on tech, but in every way.  What do you bet her daughter does everything on her twitter?  Remember when Bethenny made fun of her for having an old iphone?  That's who she is.  I still find her crass & don't enjoy her at all.  And she's the only one on here who has a relationship -- and look who she's got.  Again -- ugh.

Second thing that made me cringe was Carole talking about her time at ABC, which was 25 years ago.  Nothing wrong with talking about your past work you are proud of -- even if it was from long ago.  The prob for her is . . . WTF has she done lately?  Is she only talking about her work at ABC from 25 years ago cuz she's clearly got nothing going on now?  Sure seems that way.  Just spotlights how all of these women (except for Bethenny) are doing nothing interesting or worthwhile with their lives.

Oh, btw, about Sonja's townhouse -- it does look charming & beautiful from the outside.  I can post pics, if you don't believe it.  From the street, I can see the first floor entrance area, which always looks neat & has flowers in the window & a very nice antique desk.  It is hard to tell, but in this ep, her place did look surprisingly much improved to me.  The decor looked good.  And keep in mind, Manhattan hotels are overall not that great.  I'd rather stay in an awesome townhouse than in most Manhattan hotels.  Uh, but not Sonja's place, thanks.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I just watched this show and my God, I couldn't get over the Death Becomes Her look of nearly all of the women on each franchise -- even some of the young ones on Vanderpump Rules.  But by far the least recognizable to me was Gretchen Rossi!  Her face is so filled up, that it made her look fat.  Jenna was another one.  She looked absolutely awful.

Dorinda is not a raving beauty but I have to hand it to her.  She looked the least touched by plastic surgery.  Used to love her hair, but she needs to tone it down and go back to what looked like a short bob that softened her face.

I agree Gretchen looked horrible i did not recognize her...

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Clearly, it made an impression on Alex. Didn't he dump Lu for a Moroccan princess? Oops.

Actually, I believe she was from Ethiopia.

There is a joke in there somewhere about Luann dressing up in blackface and appearing at Alex's door to surprise him, but I'm afraid to even try to go there, heh

Speaking of shitty makeup jobs ...

Sonja looks like a corpse in her taking heads. That's the worst paint job I've seen since my idiot cousin used a brush and latex wall paint on his pickup truck back in the early 70s.  She actually looks dusty

• Love 22

You know, I find myself really studying Bethenny this season.  I think she looks so fantastic.  I don't mean just her hair (cut AND color) & makeup, which looks so darn flattering, but sheesh, look at her clothes & jewelry, and even her watch.  I give her credit, she's clearly making a concerted effort with her clothes & jewelry.  She looks great!  Everything on her looks so expensive.  I was a bit bored by her in this ep, so I was staring at that gold necklace & her watch & was wondering what kind of budget she spends on jewelry & clothes.  Sigh, guess it's nice to be rich & be able to spend endlessly on that stuff without worrying about the bills . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 17
12 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

2 things that made me groan & cringe in this ep?  First was Dorinda talking about using a Walkman.  Ugh & yikes.  I don't think she was kidding either.  OK, forget about the age factor.  Plenty of peeps older than 50 are very up on tech.  This is about her specifically.  She seems so out-of-touch.  Not just on tech, but in every way.  What do you bet her daughter does everything on her twitter?  Remember when Bethenny made fun of her for having an old iphone?  That's who she is.  I still find her crass & don't enjoy her at all.  And she's the only one on here who has a relationship -- and look who she's got.  Again -- ugh.

Oh, btw, about Sonja's townhouse -- it does look charming & beautiful from the outside.  I can post pics, if you don't believe it.  From the street, I can see the first floor entrance area, which always looks neat & has flowers in the window & a very nice antique desk.  It is hard to tell, but in this ep, her place did look surprisingly much improved to me.  The decor looked good.  And keep in mind, Manhattan hotels are overall not that great.  I'd rather stay in an awesome townhouse than in most Manhattan hotels.  Uh, but not Sonja's place, thanks.

Carole calling out Dorinda's Walkman was kinda bullshit, IMO. I seem to recall a few seasons ago Carole wandering around using an old iPod nano. Not exactly current technology. If Dorinda wants to use her Walkman and old iPhone, more power to her.

*side note* My dad calls any and all personal music players walkmans. Doesn't matter what they are. He just wants me to put his songs on the damn thing.

The real estate listing for Sonja's townhouse did show a nice looking property (I'd kill to have the built in bookshelves in her bedroom). On the show, it just looks a little cluttered and the decor is a bit too stuffy for my taste. The brown ice is also a deal breaker.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I think what she did was great and what she said about being out there all alone touched me. 

The part that got me was when she got off the bus at 6 a.m. and walked through security and check-in by herself. That felt really lonely

15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I do 5Ks and am lucky if I run the entire time.  i can't even imagine doing a 26 miler, especially at my age (50). 

If you can mainly run a 5k, maybe! Do you think you could run/walk 3.8 mph for 7 hours? I think I could, but I couldn't do it alone. A 1 hour, brisk 3.5 mile walk with my neighbor has often turned into a 3 hour gab session. The talking really makes a difference in how fast the time goes by. 

But the fact that Carole finished the marathon and previously hadn't even been a big walker, is a big deal. I only wanted to cry for her at the end because I knew how much pain she was in.

• Love 11

Besides the show, I am curious as to what Carole does for money. Does she work, write, what? I am sure the show pays well, but not enough to live lavishly in NYC. Is she living off money left by her husband?

1 hour ago, ryebread said:

That cherry sweater, though.

So simple, yet so gorg! I loved that sweater. I love that they tend to film NYC from fall to after New Years. I also liked what Tinsley wore to lunch with Ramona and Carole.

What is going on in Tinsley's eye area? She appears to have small-ish eyes yet she piles on the eyeshadow, lashes and mascara and she kinda has straight Spock brows, which all amounts to her eyes looking like tiny black pinholes. Not flattering.

I've never noticed Carole's hands. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

You know, I find myself really studying Bethenny this season.  I think she looks so fantastic.  I don't mean just her hair (cut AND color) & makeup, which looks so darn flattering, but sheesh, look at her clothes & jewelry, and even her watch.  I give her credit, she's clearly making a concerted effort with her clothes & jewelry.  She looks great!  Everything on her looks so expensive.  I was a bit bored by her in this ep, so I was was staring at that gold necklace & her watch & was wondering what kind of budget she spends on jewelry & clothes.  Sigh, guess it's nice to be rich & be able to spend endlessly on that stuff without worrying about the bills . . .

She looks better than ever!  I would kill for that bod.  And even when struggling, I always thought she had impeccable taste.  Now that she's got $$,  her wardrobe is even better.  

5 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

So simple, yet so gorg! I loved that sweater. I love that they tend to film NYC from fall to after New Years. I also liked what Tinsley wore to lunch with Ramona and Carole.

What is going on in Tinsley's eye area? She appears to have small-ish eyes yet she piles on the eyeshadow, lashes and mascara and she kinda has straight Spock brows, which all amounts to her eyes looking like tiny black pinholes. Not flattering.

I guess I'm in the minority.  I didn't Dorinda's sweater at all.

Tinsley I don't find attractive.  I think she's just a skinny blonde.  Her face is nothing to write home about.  She seems like a sweet and fun person to be around though.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, ryebread said:

The part that got me was when she got off the bus at 6 a.m. and walked through security and check-in by herself. That felt really lonely

If you can mainly run a 5k, maybe! Do you think you could run/walk 3.8 mph for 7 hours? I think I could, but I couldn't do it alone. A 1 hour, brisk 3.5 mile walk with my neighbor has often turned into a 3 hour gab session. The talking really makes a difference in how fast the time goes by. 

But the fact that Carole finished the marathon and previously hadn't even been a big walker, is a big deal. I only wanted to cry for her at the end because I knew how much pain she was in.

I don't think I could do it for 7 hours.  I could do a 3 hour walk fairly easy I think.  When I do 5ks (and I'm not a runner at all), I can usually do 2 miles w/o stopping.  If I stop, my legs hurt worse than they do when I'm running!  And walking becomes hard.  So I can't imagine running for most of the marathon and then stopping.  Now, that said, I never really train for any of the 5Ks.  I suppose if I went through a rigorous training program I could run some of a 5K and then walk it!

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

While I don't think the point was for her to brag about having her own Pandora station, now having googled what the hell Pandora is, it's hilarious that she would have a station dedicated to a few songs. That's a really quick playlist...and who is actually listening to this playlist? lol

Lu has always gone back and forth between the two stories. Does she really think it's the same thing in her mind? Just because she doesn't talk about it anymore doesn't mean she's let it go. She may be able to be civil with Carole but she's holding that Adam thing in the back of her mind at all times and she's still upset about it. Learning of Adam and Carole's relationship during filming, what if her niece and Adam were still having 'coffee' together when he started dating Carole? Luann saw that as a relationship but all other parties understood it as single and free to date whomever. Even though it was Carole that brought up what Luann had said about Adam and their relationship, if Luann is truly over it, she needs to just shut up and say 'I thought we moved past this and there's no point in arguing over the same thing'. Someone needs to say this because I'm really tired of hearing about it.

I totally missed where they showed Carole's time. But agreed, finishing is the accomplishment, not the time. She didn't go into the marathon as some seasoned athlete with the intent of being competitive.

Funny you mention that because when Lu mentioned how Sonja has been a loyal friend and didn't say 'I told you so', my first reaction was recalling the scene when Sonja told Luann 'I'm your friend and I support you and I will even after he's gone'. Well I guess she's just making good on her word, haha.

I wish all these women would just stop comparing relationships and deciding how another should act during their relationship and react in the break up.  Duration is not necessarily the only factor.  Tinsley who was text arguing with her former boyfriend of six months sounded like such a shrew getting on Luann.  In one breath from Tinsley it was that was all we heard about last year and the next is for her to open up.  Carole believes and asserts Luann and Tom's relationship and marriage was all for the show.  Carole even referenced this epsiode "Luann's Divorce Tour", which was clearly a reference to Luann having a special filmed at her home last summer after her break up with Tom.  Luann opening up would only satisfy Carole if she bowed to Carole and said it was a just for show romance.  Carole thinks her shit is important and show worthy and Luann's is not.  I can't so another RH who is into fitness and competition.  Overload from previous seasons on NY and OC.  

There are men and women out there who never recover from divorce, break ups or the death of a partner.  On this show alone there are a couple of examples.   As to Carole, why would Luann even approach her if she has totally blown her off.  Are Adam and Carole even broken up?  I have not heard a reason or Carole opening up why they broke up.  Quite frankly when she had him move out of her home I thought that was kind of a U turn in the relationship.  Wasn't it just last year when Tinsley asked why only Dorinda was invited to the wedding she was told by then BFF to Carole, Bethenny, that Carole had slept with Luann's niece's boyfriend?  

Carole is back on her princess kick and now being the Queen of Authenticity.  Carole needs some new material she is just a miserably old crone.  Tinsley seems to be following in her footsteps.  

What does anyone care if people call Luann Countess-it is how she was introduced on the show and it is her brand.  They should take a hint from Andy Cohen and his pronouncements she will always be The Countess. 

1 minute ago, islandgal140 said:

Besides the show, I am curious as to what Carole does for money. Does she work, write, what? I am sure the show pays well, but not enough to live lavishly in NYC. Is she living off money left by her husband?

Carole lives off the money on the show and book advances, proceeds and apparently selling her gently used lingerie and other clothing.  Her husband had no real money to leave as he was ill for most of their marriage, his father died $30 million in debt.  His aunt left him $500,000.00, before taxes and from that I believe he bought an apartment in NYC.  I think she gets by just fine and her salary from RHNY would certainly should sustain her.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Carole calling out Dorinda's Walkman was kinda bullshit, IMO. I seem to recall a few seasons ago Carole wandering around using an old iPod nano. Not exactly current technology. If Dorinda wants to use her Walkman and old iPhone, more power to her.

*side note* My dad calls any and all personal music players walkmans. Doesn't matter what they are. He just wants me to put his songs on the damn thing.

The real estate listing for Sonja's townhouse did show a nice looking property (I'd kill to have the built in bookshelves in her bedroom). On the show, it just looks a little cluttered and the decor is a bit too stuffy for my taste. The brown ice is also a deal breaker.

Well, the Walkman comment probably gave me a giggle more than a groan.  And I'm not so much younger than Dorinda, so it's not a cut on age -- from me at least.  Carole was not one to look down on her, that's for sure.  But what appropriate timing for this -- given Zuckerberg facing all those old senators & how those senators' comments to him are being mocked mercilessly all over social media.  Eh, I don't really give a fuck whether she's up on tech or not.  I just don't like Dorinda & her crassness.  

I think there may be a misperception about Sonja's townhouse.  It def does NOT look like a dump from the outside.  It is on a leafy, rather charming street, lined with beautiful, mostly very large townhouses.  Sonja's townhouse is by far the smallest on the block & is very tiny compared to the others.  But all townhouses on the street look well-maintained & Sonja's does not look out of place along-side the others in that respect.  She talks about owning the townhouse with pride.  Can't blame her for that.  Very few in Manhattan own (or will ever own) a townhouse & it is one of the things that sets her apart from the others on the show.  I envy her for that.  But I'd never want to own a townhouse on top of a 24/7 super-busy garage.  Blech.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole believes and asserts Luann and Tom's relationship and marriage was all for the show.  Carole even referenced this epsiode "Luann's Divorce Tour", which was clearly a reference to Luann having a special filmed at her home last summer after her break up with Tom.  Luann opening up would only satisfy Carole if she bowed to Carole and said it was a just for show romance.  Carole thinks her shit is important and show worthy and Luann's is not.  I can't so another RH who is into fitness and competition.  Overload from previous seasons on NY and OC.  

I'm still of the mindset that it was a marriage of convenience for both.  She needed the income, the storyline to keep her employed.  The breakup, the arrest...all that ensure Lu will receive a plum check from Bravo for the next couple of years.  I never believed her giddiness over the marriage.  Not sure what was in it for Tom other than maybe fame, needing to get married by date X to ensure he had an inheritance, quell any gay rumors?  Who knows.  He never seemed that into her, and for all of her giddiness, I never thought she was that into him either.  I mean, she didn't seem all that bothered by the cheating revelation nor does she seem that upset talking about the breakup.   So yeah, the cynic in me believes if she didn't marry for his money, she married for show money.  The breakup and humiliating arrest is just bonus to make her an interesting reality TV character.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Luann's Pandora station must be nothing but housewives music & parody songs.  Haven't we all rocked out to Antoine Dobson's Intruder Song and Sweet Brown's "Ain't nobody got time for that"?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRut-JieEBi54_26uqaumc

giphy.gif

Illustrious company indeed!

And of course:

• Love 5
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She's done this more than once on the show--name dropped that she was married to J.P. Morgan. She was married to J.P.'s great grandson, John Adams Morgan. But yes, she wants her money and the cache she gets from an active connection to the Morgan family back.

Wait! You mean she doesn't know that her ex-husband's middle initial is A, or she's purposely misleading us into thinking her husband was JPM?

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Wait! You mean she doesn't know that her ex-husband's middle initial is A, or she's purposely misleading us into thinking her husband was JPM?

Maybe JPM stands for Jack (as in Sparrow) Pirate Man.

JPM is not happy

giphy.gif

• Love 6
5 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I’m very curious to see the Bethenny and Carole rift play out.   I

Did anyone sense foreshadowing when Carole said she assumed she would be staying at Bethennys in the Hamptons ? Maybe she won't be welcome ! 

4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Meanwhile, I used to love Dorinda's hair.  It looks terrible this year.  

I love Carole's hair.  

Co sign on hating Dorinda's hair and loving Carole's. 

What a glorious world we live in to have a forum to discuss their hair! Yay NYC bitches are back! 

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I'm still of the mindset that it was a marriage of convenience for both.  She needed the income, the storyline to keep her employed.  The breakup, the arrest...all that ensure Lu will receive a plum check from Bravo for the next couple of years.  I never believed her giddiness over the marriage.  Not sure what was in it for Tom other than maybe fame, needing to get married by date X to ensure he had an inheritance, quell any gay rumors?  Who knows.  He never seemed that into her, and for all of her giddiness, I never thought she was that into him either.  I mean, she didn't seem all that bothered by the cheating revelation nor does she seem that upset talking about the breakup.   So yeah, the cynic in me believes if she didn't marry for his money, she married for show money.  The breakup and humiliating arrest is just bonus to make her an interesting reality TV character.

I don't believe the relationship was totally fake, but yeah, I bet it was amped up for the show.  I saw them together at a few parties/events in the Hamptons & they did look like a real couple -- unless they were putting on a convincing public show.  Sure, he never seemed much into her.  But I never believed her proclamations of love for him -- or that she really wanted to be stuck in that tiny penthouse of his.  I just assumed she's pissed he didn't wanna play along with her shtick for a storyline for the show & be discreet with his need for cruising around.

• Love 8

Speaking of hair, I think Lu's braids at lunch with Tinsley, were what was under the wig the night before at the Halloween party. 

Carole's hair has looked good these last two episodes. This is from February. The color and cut are not good. I think she is one of those rare birds that can pull off straight hair with a middle part. Like when she was walking with Dorinda in the park.

gettyimages-923209070-copy.jpg?quality=9

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I don't believe the relationship was totally fake, but yeah, I bet it was amped up for the show.  I saw them together at a few parties/events in the Hamptons & they did look like a real couple -- unless they were putting on a convincing public show.  Sure, he never seemed much into her.  But I never believed her proclamations of love for him -- or that she really wanted to be stuck in that tiny penthouse of his.  I just assumed she's pissed he didn't wanna play along with her shtick for a storyline for the show & be discreet with his need for cruising around.

Oh, Scoobie. I'm sooo jealous! I would love to have seen Lu and Tom in their natural habitat!

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I wish all these women would just stop comparing relationships and deciding how another should act during their relationship and react in the break up.  Duration is not necessarily the only factor.  Tinsley who was text arguing with her former boyfriend of six months sounded like such a shrew getting on Luann.  In one breath from Tinsley it was that was all we heard about last year and the next is for her to open up.  Carole believes and asserts Luann and Tom's relationship and marriage was all for the show.  Carole even referenced this epsiode "Luann's Divorce Tour", which was clearly a reference to Luann having a special filmed at her home last summer after her break up with Tom.  Luann opening up would only satisfy Carole if she bowed to Carole and said it was a just for show romance.  Carole thinks her shit is important and show worthy and Luann's is not.  I can't so another RH who is into fitness and competition.  Overload from previous seasons on NY and OC.  

There are men and women out there who never recover from divorce, break ups or the death of a partner.  On this show alone there are a couple of examples.   As to Carole, why would Luann even approach her if she has totally blown her off.  Are Adam and Carole even broken up?  I have not heard a reason or Carole opening up why they broke up.  Quite frankly when she had him move out of her home I thought that was kind of a U turn in the relationship.  Wasn't it just last year when Tinsley asked why only Dorinda was invited to the wedding she was told by then BFF to Carole, Bethenny, that Carole had slept with Luann's niece's boyfriend?  

Carole is back on her princess kick and now being the Queen of Authenticity.  Carole needs some new material she is just a miserably old crone.  Tinsley seems to be following in her footsteps.  

What does anyone care if people call Luann Countess-it is how she was introduced on the show and it is her brand.  They should take a hint from Andy Cohen and his pronouncements she will always be The Countess.

None of these HWs are perfect (part of the reason they've lasted more than one season on these casts) so none of them can cast stones as though they're perfect. Of course it doesn't stop them all from pointing out each other's flaws and mistakes. With Carole, I find her to have a genuine meanness to her. She's condescending, often taking the guise of moral or intellectual superiority over others as if Carole  inferring that she's smarter and/or better than you is what makes that truth. I think it's why it's been more difficult to see her truly move past grievances with the women when she feels that she was attacked. Sure she lacks empathy for Luann's situation and given their history, fine, don't expend any sort of emotion on Luann's self-inflicted situation, but it's certainly mean-spirited to reference Luann's situation and come across bothered by the fact that others are supporting Luann through her 'Divorce Tour'. But of course, not Carole. Because she's too smart for that...not like those other idiots who are falling for Luann's well designed plan.

• Love 9
34 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

I just assumed she when she said JPM she meant the actual bank. I thought she said her that her ex no longer spoke to her so I was assuming JP Morgan Chase bank was giving her financial advice. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Deliberately misleading the audience to make us think she married JPM.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, ryebread said:

In case anybody was wondering, the, "In Memory of Danny 'Happy' Tsang 1989 - 2017" at the end of the episode was for one of their camerapersons.  Two mornings after the marathon he was killed in a motorcycle accident. His brother started a GoFundMe for his funeral and raised $33,000 which exceeded the goal he had set for expenses. The comments make it sound like he was well-liked and respected in the business. So sad. Sounds like he had a very bright future.

Thanks for this info! I also agree with those who say just completing a marathon is something. It's not for me, but good for them!! I did the breast cancer 3 day walk a few years back (20 miles each day for 3 days). SLEEPING IN TENTS AT NIGHT. No sir. I damn HATE camping. That was the suckiest part of all. My best friend was dying from cancer at the time tho :(  I did raise ~$4,500.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I may be misremembering but didn’t it come up when she was getting married that she’d lose her title and she said she was just fine with that?  Also, slightly weird comparison to Queen Latifah, since the Countess is a real title presumably being used by the Count’s new wife.

2 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

Also, the covering up her “old hands” comment was referring to the fact that she’s always trying to cover up her age and it looks silly. 

She literally referred to her age in her TH.

Did Heather run in the marathon as well?  I was trying to look up her time but couldn’t find a listing for Heather Thomson.  I think she’s super fit; I was just curious about her time.

Sonja did make me laugh when she said she preferred hanging out with her gays because women are so judgemental.  Yes, because gay men are so well known for being non judgmental.  ? 

And what was Bethenny talking about when she compared a skinny, rich woman who gets a good night’s sleep to a unicorn.  It was something like that.  I didn’t quite follow.

• Love 5