Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Roseanne Gets the Chair

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't think an entitled teenager would distinguish between white trash and hillbilly. Harris thinks they are below her (in her own mind) status. I did like that Roseanne called her smart for a kid but still dumb for a person. I don't consider spraying someone with water a corporal punishment. Harris kind of deserved a punishment and that was a non-violent way to go about it. She did seem to learn her lesson at least for now. The only thing she will always remember is to not hog the shower. Lol. 

Since this was supposed to be the second episode I'll give them some leeway on the acting. I thought the second episode last week was the better episode which was supposed to be the third ep. I still think Sara Gilbert still has her deadpan delivery. The Riddler line and the "ditto" when saying she has also written some unflattering things about Harris online were great. I know some people don't like Darlene. But she was always my favorite character on the old series, so I'm thrilled she's getting focus on this one. I also love Sara Gilbert and would rather listen to her than to Roseanne whom I can't watch or read any interviews. 

The not mentioning people by name is getting a little weird. Even if we don't see them they still have names that can be used. 

As a long time fan of the show, yes. This is getting increasingly aggravating. However, I think the point of not name dropping at this point is to stop confusion with new viewers.

Of course a simple "Your Dad Ed" or something to that affect would suffice for us long time viewers, but could still be confusing for new viewers. The producers are kind of in a catch 22 at this point regarding that. Too much info and the die-hards are bored. Too little info and the newbies don't have a clue what's going on.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think the water scene could have been staged  better without the physical hands-on by just having  Harris  be by the stove/micro, deliver her insult to grandma w/back to her in  a 'whatever' smart-ass you're  not even worth looking at dismissive way, turn around, and gets a shot of water to the puss.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, sheetmoss said:

I think the water scene could have been staged  better without the physical hands-on by just having  Harris  be by the stove, deliver her insult to grandma w/back to her in  a 'whatever' smart-ass dismissive way, turn around, and gets a shot of water to the puss.

Much better.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, sab85 said:

That line made me actually laugh out loud. That and John Goodman squealing at the end. He is a treasure.

It did feel odd not to have Harris mention David at all, a bratty "I want to live with Dad!" or something. Especially since we know Johnny G is eventually showing up. 

I don't think that they knew if Johnny Galecki could make an appearance until they had several episodes in the can.  WIth Roseanne and BBT being on competing networks, AND now probably competing for the #1 sitcom spot in the ratings, CBS was probably reluctant to let him go, even for one episode. I'd be shocked if they'd be okay in letting him do more next season., let alone be a semi-regular. He's under contract with CBS.  My guess is that they hadn't really planned on addressing David, much like they aren't addressing Andy's status. Darlene was a single parent and you could assume what you wanted to about it.  When he committed to making an appearance, they probably realized that they needed to come up with an explanation. I'm thinking that if they knew that JG was coming back, Harris might have thrown an "I miss Dad," or "Can I go live with Dad," line in last night's show. 

• Love 6

Some people are lamenting that Roseanne has changed. She's in her 60's now - people tend to change when they are older. I've known people who were bleeding heart liberals when young become conservative with age.  Harris was a disrespectful brat who deserved what she got.  Someone needed to insist on respect and boundaries.

• Love 20
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Zoe said:

Sara Gilbert belongs to CBS too...

She does a daytime talk show, not a night time sitcom that is in direct competition for ratings and awards, which BBT and Roseanne are. CBS likes using the tag line that BBT is the "#1 sitcom on television" in their promos. If Roseanne's ratings stay as steady as they were in Week 1, BBT will lose the #1 crown.  Advertising revenue also is affected. You can charge more per spot if you're #1.  

I don't think CBS is going to be so graceful about letting Galecki do BOTH shows full time. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Sile said:

I'm really glad they explained how they managed to afford the chair lift.  Those things are WAY expensive, like up to five figures expensive, and it's tough to get insurance to pay anything.  An elderly friend of my mother's was looking into one and was floored by the prices and the insurance company basically laughed when she inquired about coverage

Or....if you're lucky enough to be a Veteran, my neighbor got a free chair lift and only used it a couple years and when he died his wife (not a Veteran) still gets to keep it! I recall they had people come fix it several times and maintain the battery and such even. I think it cost around 5 grand and that was years ago! Why elderly people even buy a 2 story house, WITH a basement, still puzzles me?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I'd imagine even new viewers would know characters have names. They could like you said went with "Your dad Ed" or "your husband Mark/David". 

I'd find that even more awkward than just "your husband."  That's even less true to how people talk.

• Love 13
(edited)

I think giving Darlene two daughters and a younger son would have been a little too on the nose with this whole Conners: The Next Generation thing the revival has going on.

Maybe, but so is giving Darlene a daughter who is essentially a carbon copy of who she was at that age, so what's the difference?

Plus there would really be no point to The Harris character who in truth is the one I care about.  De aging her is a minor (minor) nitpick that is annoying people far more then it should.

Oh, I don't know. I don't think it's for anyone to say what people should or shouldn't be annoyed with - people are allowed to feel whatever way they want. Personally it doesn't bug me enough to really interfere with my enjoyment of the show, I just think it's odd. It's especially strange when you consider how proud Roseanne Barr seems to be to represent "people like the Conners" as though she's their sole representative on TV. And yet at the same time, the show is bizarrely flippant about being true to a show people watched religiously since it began airing in the 1980s and know these characters and their history like that back of their hands.

It's kind of like they're saying "We represent middle America!" and at the same time "Middle America is too dumb to notice or won't care about all these changes." It's a little disrespectful.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Harris is a brat, like Darlene and Becky were in the old series. The difference is the era, 80's and 90's kids grew up in different world then the kids today. Harris is kid that grew up in the social media age where they think everything they do is awesome and want instant gratification for everything they do. I read a poll that asked kids what they wanted to be when they grew up and the number 1 answer was Youtube/Instragram star. They think that's a job. While yes I know some people do make a living off that, that's not a career you would've heard of 20 years ago.  

Yeah. I'm a Millennial which puts me right between Darlene/Becky (Gen X) and Harris (Gen Z.) Chasing YouTube fame was/is a big deal to my generation, and that's carried on into Harris's generation. Although, of course, the reality isn't as golden as it seems.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Yeah. I'm a Millennial which puts me right between Darlene/Becky (Gen X) and Harris (Gen Z.) Chasing YouTube fame was/is a big deal to my generation, and that's carried on into Harris's generation. Although, of course, the reality isn't as golden as it seems.

Harris doesn't strike me at all as someone who would be chasing YouTube/Instagram fame. If she hadn't been selling stolen clothes, her idea would have been a practical one, and a good example of how someone with limited means and skills can make a few dollars in today's economy - similar to Roseanne and her Uber driving gig.

And not to go too much off-topic, but yesterday a 39-year-old woman went on a shooting spree at YouTube HQ because she thought they were messing with her monetization, so some Gen-Xers also chase YouTube fame and aren't able to deal with the not-so-golden reality.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Wings said:

I watched this show sporadically back in the 80s;  Johnny Galecki is David, right?  Who is Andy? 

Slight nitpick, only the first two seasons took place in the 80's (Season 1: 1988-1989, Season 2: 1989-1990).

The series as a whole ran from 1988-1997. :)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I've been reading the comments here, checking out what my fellow forum'ers thought of last night's show, and thought I had missed a scene.  I honestly could not remember a spanking reference, or a scene of corporal punishment.  Then I read your comment Colorado Dave, and realized oh!!!  Everybody's talking about the kitchen sink scene.

That's not the scene we're talking about, we're talking about earlier on in the kitchen when Roseanne said something about how back in the old days, parents could get their kids to behave by spanking them. Two different scenes. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Colorado David said:

Not to quibble much, but if you have any relatives who live in hill country, there's a distinction between them and white trash, the two aren't synonymous. (Usually dealing with behavior, not income.)

See, I usually make a distinction between hillbillies and rednecks, mostly by saying that hillbillies are "rednecks that live in the mountains", lol.

(That said, I see what you mean about how white trash doesn't always equal hillbillies.)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Arthritic grandma Roseanne manhandling Darlene’s tall daughter’s head into the sink was pure fantasy. 

No, not fantasty at all.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 1
(edited)

^^^ButterQueen, I think the poster meant that it wouldn't be possible for someone with an arthritic knee to manhandle Harris's head into the sink.  I may be wrong in that interpretation.

Edited by Oosala
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Hillbillies live in southern Il not northern.  

Country artist Gretchen Wilson might have a word with you on that. ;) (She wrote and performed "Redneck Woman", and is originally from Southern Illinois herself.)

Did anyone else have a flashback when Harris called her mom "Darlene" to when Becky called her mom "Roseanne" after she went out with Mark behind her family's back? I couldn't help but flashback to Dan's totally deadpan response. ("Her name is MOTHER.")

Edited by UYI
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, UYI said:

Did anyone else have a flashback when Harris called her mom "Darlene" to when Becky called her mom "Roseanne" after she went out with Mark behind her family's back? I couldn't help but flashback to Dan's totally deadpan response. ("Her name is MOTHER.")

Yes, I loved that scene!!!

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, UYI said:

Slight nitpick, only the first two seasons took place in the 80's (Season 1: 1988-1989, Season 2: 1989-1990).

The series as a whole ran from 1988-1997. :)

I was just making a stab at when it began, too lazy to google it. :^)  I have only watched episodes here and there through its run.  I missed Rosanne having 4th child so I must have faded away before that.  I remember the Loose Meat Cafe a little.  

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Oosala said:

^^^ButterQueen, I think the poster meant that it wouldn't be possible for someone with an arthritic knee to manhandle Harris's head into the sink.  I may be wrong in that interpretation.

I know.  Roseanne has arthritis in her knee, as do I.  Does not affect my upper body strength or the hard use of my knee when necessary.  

• Love 5

Harris was a disrespectful brat who deserved what she got.  Someone needed to insist on respect and boundaries.

Harris was very out of line, but you don't teach a kid about respect and boundaries by not having any yourself.  I did gasp when Roseanne called Harris an "entitled bitch."  That, and the water dunking/spraying was really out of line, particularly for a character who spent a good portion of the original run discussing all the abuse she suffered at the hands of her father.  I mean, I can picture Roseanne just spraying a kid that got out of line, but not anything like what we saw.  And that isn't a conservative v. liberal thing, as I don't have an issue with spanking, but the behavior really shocked me.  The ending where Roseanne "punishes" Harris by getting into the shower with her seemed much more like a Roseanne kind of thing to do. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I am just curious.  I am not expecting any of the characters to act the same way and people do change.  Darlene has mellowed allot with motherhood but that is to be expected however Roseanne dunking Harris’s head in water is still jarring when you watch a show and a large portion of it has the shadow of physical abuse surrounding it.   

I didn’t see any physical abuse last night. Roseanne stuck the brat’s head under water. Didn’t hurt her. 

• Love 13

I didn’t see any physical abuse last night. Roseanne stuck the brat’s head under water. Didn’t hurt her. 

It's not a matter of the kid actually being hurt.  It's the manhandling and form of discipline that was a problem.  I would never let my parents touch my kids in that way.  Now I fully get that Darlene seriously fell down on the job, and in that situation, I think Roseanne and Dan had a right to discipline Harris, but not in the way it was handled.  It's just not something I can ever imagine happening on the original show.     

• Love 16
22 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

Roseanne advocating spanking?? Since when? When she flipped out and spanked DJ for stealing her car, it tormented her and she promised never to do it again because she used to get hit as a kid. 

And I guess we got confirmation that Andy doesn’t exist in this reboot universe, since Jackie said “aunt” was the only title she has. So disappointing. 

Just saw the episode and catching up with all the posts.

And I agree, these things bothered me too. After everything we heard about the abuse Rosanne and Jackie suffered from their dad, the abuse Jackie took from Fisher, and the great scene between Roseanne and DJ with the whole “I’m sorry you got hit too” thing.....I just can’t see Roseanne advocating for spanking. Ugh. 

I want at least some mention of Andy. I hope he still exists. I don’t want Jackie’s whole life to be centered on her sister’s family again. I agree that would be super disappointing. 

22 hours ago, AM1418 said:

Dan calling the chair race was hysterical. He had me rolling when Harris came back in and called her “Death Wish.”  I think I am most excited to have him back on my screen. He was classic Dan in this episode. 

Yes! I loved the chair race and the “death wish”. So funny! It really did feel like classic Dan. 

8 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Why? They are stupid hillbillies. Roseanne frequently and proudly declares that they are "white trash and stayin' that way until they haul us to the curb."

I felt like the problem here was that Harris was using it as an actual insult meant to really hurt. Like, Roseanne can call the family “white trash hillbillies” all she wants, but it’s always been an affectionate sort of self-deprecating insult, but Harris clearly used it to mean that she clearly thinks she’s better than everyone in the house and THAT was the attitude that Roseanne was trying to squash. That’s how I took it at least. 

5 hours ago, Bastet said:

I loved that when Darlene asked why Harris was hanging out with people she doesn't know, Harris's response sounded exactly like something Darlene would have snarked back when she was a teen:  "Because I've only been here a month and I didn't inherit your charming personality."

Dan being aghast that Darlene didn't yet know anything about Harris's new friends was funny, given how little in general he knew about the kids' lives outside the house, and specifically that they had no idea who Karen was for a while when Darlene was this age. 

Lol! That line was one of my favorites from this episode. Harris inherited Darlene’s quick wit. I also loved Darlene’s quip about Harris’ henchmen being stupid, Riddler. I laughed out loud. 

And agreed about Dan. Pot, meet kettle! 

50 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

It's not a matter of the kid actually being hurt.  It's the manhandling and form of discipline that was a problem.  I would never let my parents touch my kids in that way.  Now I fully get that Darlene seriously fell down on the job, and in that situation, I think Roseanne and Dan had a right to discipline Harris, but not in the way it was handled.  It's just not something I can ever imagine happening on the original show.     

Agreed 100%! The sink thing made me cringe. The whole idea of any kind of physical punishment makes me cringe. I feel like it was out of line, especially with the family history of physical abuse that Roseanne and Jackie had to work through and how it affected their lives. Harris definitely deserved a punishment, and Roseanne and Dan were well within their rights to be disciplinarians, but yeah, I didn’t find the sink thing funny. I was unsettled at how Roseanne grabbed her and forcefully held her down. Now, had she pulled the hose out and sprayed Harris while Harris was standing beside the sink, I’d have been laughing my butt off. The whole manhandling thing just made me uncomfortable. 

As a disclaimer, I’m a single woman in my thirties with no kids. My parents had a strict no hitting policy, even going so far as to purposefully move us into a town where the schools didn’t allow it. I did, however, grow up surrounded by people with quite a bit of humor and wit though, so my family went the verbal route, it was just never abusive. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Oosala said:

I gotta stop reading this forum.  All the hand-wringing about the original series is repetitive and meaningless.  I'm in my 60s now and I remember turning 50 and just not giving a damn how I came off anymore.  I say what I mean now -- and guess what -- it MIGHT even be in a different voice and register than it was 30 years ago!  WHO CARES!?

Last night's episode had just the right number of people in it.  Too many cast members would be confusing to returning and new viewers. 

Here's an UO for ya.  I don't like the gender fluid character but not because he's gender fluid.  He's one of those precocious child actors that totally gets under my skin.  Give me a blank-staring little DJ any day.

"Your Dad, Ed."  As opposed to what?  Your other 5 Dads?  Who would say that?

I'll hold off on commenting in this thread because I can't seem to do it civilly.

Yes!  The actor playing the son is very mannered and bugs the hell out of me.  

• Love 3

I also need to stop reading this forum. I was spanked as a child. Once with a belt, once with a hanger, usually a hand. It wasn’t abuse, it was discipline. Something Harris obviously needs more of. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

I also need to stop reading this forum. I was spanked as a child. Once with a belt, once with a hanger, usually a hand. It wasn’t abuse, it was discipline. Something Harris obviously needs more of. 

What Roseanne did is akin to waterboarding lol.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Oosala said:

I'll hold off on commenting in this thread because I can't seem to do it civilly.

A person would say "Grandpa Conner" and not "your Dad".

Jackie would say "since you lost Mark" but in the pilot she says "since your husband died". 

The way they refer to characters from the original with pronouns instead of nouns is very phoney and awkward. That's why people take umbridge. Not because they are looking for references to the original.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I loved Roseanne’s line to Harris about how she is treating the house as if it’s hers & Roseanne says  “we don’t even own it!” Such a throw back to the earlier episodes where they would struggle just to pay the mortgage & still is a very real issue for people today all over who still don’t fully own their homes despite living in them & raising a family. 

I thought there was an episode where Dan and Roseanne had a mortgage burning party. Unless I was thinking of a different show.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I thought there was an episode where Dan and Roseanne had a mortgage burning party. Unless I was thinking of a different show.

No, you have the right show, and it was a wonderful moment, but it didn't actually happen -- they paid it off with their lottery winnings, so it was just part of the book.

• Love 6

Well, I did see physical abuse last night. Roseanne *lost her temper* and physically grabbed Harris, shoved Harris against the sink hard and shoved the kid's head into the sink and sprayed the kid with water WHILE physically holding the kid down.

Was Harris being a rude entitled bitch? Fuck yes.

Did she need correction and punishment? Fuck yes.

But if your method of punishment can leave bruises - and this as depicted should have - then you are committing physical abuse.

I'm not against corporeal punishment. I'm against losing your shit in a rage and attacking someone. If this was a non family member, Roseanne  could have been arrested. 

Plus honestly this went to "lose my shit" with absolutely no steps inbetween. Harris is tying up the washer all day and Darlene won't deal with it?

Start dumping the wet clothes on Darlene's bed. Turn off the water. Start demanding 2 bucks a wash. Sit Harris down and explain how her Etsy business is asinine and she has to be courteous of everyone else and if she needs to do five or ten loads of laundry a day, then she can do it at the laundry mat.  Sit Darlene down and explain how little miss Harris needs to mind. There's any number of ways to curb the rude entitled behavior beyond slamming the kid into the sink. 

• Love 23
(edited)

This came off my DVR last night after the episode for two reasons:

1.  When Roseanne and Dan were on the couch and had slept from the Wheel to Kimmel, and Dan said "we missed the shows about the Asian and Black families" and Roseanne responded, "don't worry, they are just like us...there, you are caught up". When, in fact, Black-ish and Fresh Off The Boat have been not just about similarities, but differences.  And, it was just so dripping with dismissal from Roseanne, that I found it repugnant, especially after her tweet: "Diversity of opinion is part of diversity".  Dismissing actual diversity on the show. Sigh.

2.  When Roseanne grabbed the granddaughter by the neck to hold her under the faucet, while digging her knee in her back while the audience screamed approval.  Roseanne's tweet about this plot point: "the next episode shows Harris calling me a stupid old hillbilly-watch how I handle her and her very liberal mother!"  Nope, just nope.

Not for me anymore. And dammit, I'm such a fan of the old show, and Sara and John and Laurie and 9/10ths of this revival.  So, hell, I am gonna miss it.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Why? They are stupid hillbillies. Roseanne frequently and proudly declares that they are "white trash and stayin' that way until they haul us to the curb."

Because Roseanne says it in jest, self-deprecating. Harris said it with such anger.

That and......can call myself fat, but you can't call me that! Oh, don't you go there.

The sink scene........something I have been a witness to in my childhood home. Once. We laugh about it now. 

• Love 3

The sink scene........something I have been a witness to in my childhood home. Once. We laugh about it now. 

Yup. Participated in something similar. My mother denies it happened and says I am lying/exaggerating. 

We don't laugh about it now. It doesn't get mentioned as a cute story because it wasn't cute that my mom lost her shit and left bruises on two of her children.

All Harris learned from that scene is that Granny Rose will lose her shit and get violent. This was not lighthearted discipline or horseplay between adults. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I did like that Roseanne called her smart for a kid but still dumb for a person.

That was my favorite line. Loved it so much that I am storing it in my mind and I'll bring it out next time my teen makes a dumb decision.

7 hours ago, Oosala said:

I gotta stop reading this forum.  All the hand-wringing about the original series is repetitive and meaningless.  I'm in my 60s now and I remember turning 50 and just not giving a damn how I came off anymore.  I say what I mean now -- and guess what -- it MIGHT even be in a different voice and register than it was 30 years ago!  WHO CARES!?

Last night's episode had just the right number of people in it.  Too many cast members would be confusing to returning and new viewers. 

Here's an UO for ya.  I don't like the gender fluid character but not because he's gender fluid.  He's one of those precocious child actors that totally gets under my skin.  Give me a blank-staring little DJ any day.

and, "Get off my yard!" ?     

Sorry, couldn't help it. 

Love your honesty, @Oosala

5 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I loved the episode.

So many great lines.

I never heard Roseanne mention spanking one time.

Roseanne said, "Nowadays, parents tell their kids to go to their room and THINK about what they did. You know what they're thinking? Why hasn't this loser spanked me yet!"

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I don't think that they knew if Johnny Galecki could make an appearance until they had several episodes in the can.  WIth Roseanne and BBT being on competing networks, AND now probably competing for the #1 sitcom spot in the ratings, CBS was probably reluctant to let him go, even for one episode. I'd be shocked if they'd be okay in letting him do more next season., let alone be a semi-regular. He's under contract with CBS.  My guess is that they hadn't really planned on addressing David, much like they aren't addressing Andy's status. Darlene was a single parent and you could assume what you wanted to about it.  When he committed to making an appearance, they probably realized that they needed to come up with an explanation. I'm thinking that if they knew that JG was coming back, Harris might have thrown an "I miss Dad," or "Can I go live with Dad," line in last night's show. 

Aren't all TBBT contracts up this year? I seem to remember reading this might be the last season because of that. Maybe he could negotiate that as part of his contract. Or even just quit altogether and out the show out its misery. (Which would be preferable IMO).

Yeah the scene with the hose was a little OTT.  I don't know if it was completely out of character.  A lot of abuse suvivors will act out abusive behaviour but not see it as abusive because they didn't hit anybody. The spanking is good for kids speech felt off though.  Although since Roseanne Conner was heavily based on Roseanne Barr whose father was also abusive I suppose it is possible she has changed her views. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

The ending where Roseanne "punishes" Harris by getting into the shower with her seemed much more like a Roseanne kind of thing to do. 

Reminds me of the "punishment" DJ received for skipping school. Roseanne, walking him to school dressed in overalls, a straw hat (speaking of hillbilly) and RED lipstick painted all over her mouth...and the areas surrounding it. And Jackie laughing in the back ground while Roseanne applied said lipstick (to DJ's mouth gaping horror).

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

Aren't all TBBT contracts up this year? I seem to remember reading this might be the last season because of that. Maybe he could negotiate that as part of his contract. Or even just quit altogether and out the show out its misery. (Which would be preferable IMO).

He's gone on record (while plugging his new show with Sara Gilbert) that next year would probably be a good stopping point for everyone.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

So, why was she washing all those brand-new clothes anyway? Why not just cut the tags off and sell them?

It's obviously not that she loves houswork.

If you sell on Etsy, much like eBay, your merchandise has to be in the best condition possible.  Apparently Harris was stealing her merch from thrift stores, so they were pre-owned.  The sellers live and die by the ratings they get from the buyers.  If a seller gets reviews saying they received dirty clothes, then her business would be compromised.  HTH

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Oosala said:

You too?  :D

As to the rest of your post:  This.

• Love 5

Also, here are some things they need to address in Seasons 10 or 11, 

When did the Lunch Box go out of business? Depending on the timing, if it was after 2008,  it could explain why Roseanne almost "lost the house" and supported Trump.

Where are Leon and Scott? Especially after gay marriage became legal nationwide, this stone should be turned.

Did Mark die of drug-related causes? Putting aside the real-life drug overdose of Glenn Quinn, it would be a shame that Roseanne the series didn't explore that kind of death. It seems like to me television deaths are always car accidents or heart attacks. 

• Love 6