Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Roseanne Gets the Chair

(edited)

I took Dans’ remarks about how he got the chair to be more of his goofy comments, I assumed the real backstory was that he asked and they gave him the chair. We never saw the Conners steal things, but they weren’t afraid to ask if they could take something.  

Edited by mythoughtis
Deleted part of post
  • Love 6
On 4/4/2018 at 11:42 PM, MrsEVH said:

I thought there was an episode where Dan and Roseanne had a mortgage burning party. Unless I was thinking of a different show.

It was then Christmas episode during the last season. Since the lottery was part of the book, I just assume that the mortgage being paid off was also part of the book. 

• Love 4

It was then Christmas episode during the last season. Since the lottery was part of the book, I just assume that the mortgage being paid off was also part of the book. 

They burned the mortgage because they were able to pay it off with lottery winnings.  So if the lottery winning has been erased, they would never have had the money to pay off the mortgage. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, princelina said:

Well as Darlene said - they're not her parents.  And Harris knows it too - so everything they did back in the day (grounding, etc) they really can't do right now.  I was actually getting bothered that Roseanne was not getting the upper hand like she was so good at in the past - and the dunking in the sink took me by surprise and made me laugh (and feel avenged on her behalf :)

Frank and Marie on Everybody Loves Raymond ;)

Or Edith and Archie.....depending how old you are.  :) 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I took Dans’ remarks about how he got the chair to be more of his goofy comments, I assumed the real backstory was that he asked and they gave him the chair. We never saw the Conners steal things, but they weren’t afraid to ask if they could take something.  

Yeah, I was pretty sure Dan didn’t really go over to steal the copper pipes.

a lot of people who are moving/cleaning out a parents house will invite neighbors to take things they don’t want, or don’t feel like or have the time to salvage. 

I don’t think Dan was peeing in front of the neighbors, either. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 4/5/2018 at 12:05 AM, pennben said:

This came off my DVR last night after the episode for two reasons:

1.  When Roseanne and Dan were on the couch and had slept from the Wheel to Kimmel, and Dan said "we missed the shows about the Asian and Black families" and Roseanne responded, "don't worry, they are just like us...there, you are caught up". When, in fact, Black-ish and Fresh Off The Boat have been not just about similarities, but differences.  And, it was just so dripping with dismissal from Roseanne, that I found it repugnant, especially after her tweet: "Diversity of opinion is part of diversity".  Dismissing actual diversity on the show. Sigh.

2.  When Roseanne grabbed the granddaughter by the neck to hold her under the faucet, while digging her knee in her back while the audience screamed approval.  Roseanne's tweet about this plot point: "the next episode shows Harris calling me a stupid old hillbilly-watch how I handle her and her very liberal mother!"  Nope, just nope.

Not for me anymore. And dammit, I'm such a fan of the old show, and Sara and John and Laurie and 9/10ths of this revival.  So, hell, I am gonna miss it.

Totally agree with number 1. I'm really trying to stay in for the season but between the "take a knee" crack from episode one and the comment you mentioned, I have a nagging uncomfortable feeling about this iteration of Roseanne. And in my opinion, the two families she so easily dismissed aren't just like the Connors, they're better, which is probably one of the secret reasons Roseanne Conner is conservative now.

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 11
29 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I wonder how Ann Marie and Chuck are doing now? If they got really successful and the Conners resent them because they really think they should be the ones who are doing better.

Spoiler

Well, we'll find out soon enough. They're both going to appear in an episode.

• Love 3

Way too much Debbie from Shameless. She is horrible and I don’t care about her angst.

Yeah - Debbie is probably my least favorite character on Shameless, and there's not much to differentiate Harris from Debbie to be honest. At the same time, I can appreciate that Emma Kenney is an ideal choice, physically, to play the daughter of Sara Gilbert. I just have to keep trying not to think of her has Debbie. (Harris, I imagine, still has all 10 of her toes!)

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Totally agree with number 1. I'm really trying to stay in for the season but between the "take a knee" crack from episode one and the comment you mentioned, I have a nagging uncomfortable feeling about this iteration of Roseanne. And in my opinion, the two families she so easily dismissed aren't just like the Connors, they're better, which is probably one of the secret reasons Roseanne Conner is conservative now.

Agreed.  I haaaaated that they took a shot at Blackish considering the shit the network did to Blackish.  Now obviously when this episode was filmed the writers couldn’t have known what ABC was going to do, I'm assuming, but still.  Worry about your own lives.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 7
(edited)
23 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Also random: I thought they were eating Mexican food during the opening.

I swore it was Chinese food, because it appears that DJ's little girl tries to grab an eggroll (or what looks like an eggroll, could have been a taquito for all I know) from Granny Rose and Granny Rose licks it several times. This made me laugh so hard that I had to roll it back on the DVR. 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
whoops didn't read the post above
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Colorado David said:

Funny, I saw this as acknowledging the other shows, rather than simply ignoring them. 

It's a ymmv thing but apparently there has been some backlash regarding the line so it might have been better for her to ignore rather than to dismiss the shows. They've been doing just fine without her "acknowledgment."

Among those who weren't pleased with the joke was "Bob's Burgers" writer Kelvin Yu, who wrote in a series of tweets that "at the very least, it's reductive and belittling."

"But the real kicker is when Roseanne says: 'They're just like us. There, now you're all caught up.' Which implies that the point of any show about a minority family is simply to normalize them," Yu wrote. "That's it. The stories, the humor, the characters... not important."

He then said he wouldn't expect Barr and Goodman's characters to watch series like "black-ish" or "Fresh of the Boat," but contended there was no reason to make the joke in the first place.

"Consider what exactly the audience is laughing at," he wrote. "What exactly is the punchline here? I'll tell you what it is: it's an endorsement of dismissiveness and disregard. It's a familiarity and comfort with the culture of objectifying and demeaning people of color."

"The nerve of roseanne to take potshots at black-ish and fresh off the boat," tweeted Zoe Owens. "We never needed another roseanne. we DO need diversity on television."

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Colorado David said:

Funny, I saw this as acknowledging the other shows, rather than simply ignoring them. 

Agreed. It said to me that those are shows that they would watch under normal circumstances and that they relate to them.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah - Debbie is probably my least favorite character on Shameless, and there's not much to differentiate Harris from Debbie to be honest. At the same time, I can appreciate that Emma Kenney is an ideal choice, physically, to play the daughter of Sara Gilbert. I just have to keep trying not to think of her has Debbie. (Harris, I imagine, still has all 10 of her toes!)

Debbie has also been sweet and deadpan and funny in seasons past, so I'm hoping those traits return (currently midway through Season 7) and am hoping to see more of those traits in Harris.

• Love 2

Despite my queasiness about the current Roseanne, one thing that did make me sad a little was that Roseanne acknowledges that she was getting up there, and to paraphrase, "I don't have many years left, and this is how I want to spend them.", when cleaning up after her grandkids. I think it does show a certain kind of sadness that comes with still having to work when most people of your age are retired. 

• Love 6
On 4/3/2018 at 8:48 PM, Sherilea43 said:

Roseanne's acting seems off to me. She was so natural at the peak of the original series. Can't pinpoint what it is. It's as if she ennunciates too often. Missed Little Mark this time...love him.

To me, everyone's acting is off, with the exception of Laurie Metcalf (Jackie).  It's as if they all forgot how to do it.  The most glaring to me is John Goodman.  I'm a little put off by his new voice (surgery of some kind?), but they all seem like they're delivering lines, not acting.  ymmv

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

To me, everyone's acting is off, with the exception of Laurie Metcalf (Jackie).  It's as if they all forgot how to do it.  The most glaring to me is John Goodman.  I'm a little put off by his new voice (surgery of some kind?), but they all seem like they're delivering lines, not acting.  ymmv

The problem with John is he thinks every line has to be delivered in a funny voice. Maybe he forgot this isn't how Dan talks, or he thinks he has to spice up weak material.

• Love 5

It's as if they are so conscious of the fact that they are acting out these characters again. They are acting like Roseanne is supposed to act, like Dan is supposed to act. They are not BECOMING the character. The most serious offenders are Roseanne, John Goodman, and Sarah Gilbert.  Laurie Metcalf is still on point.

• Love 5

After catching up with this thread, I better understand why kids are they way they are today.  I am thankful my chosen field doesn't require any interaction and I feel terrible for teachers.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, snarts said:

After catching up with this thread, I better understand why kids are they way they are today.  I am thankful my chosen field doesn't require any interaction and I feel terrible for teachers.

They get hit too much or not enough?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

It's as if they are so conscious of the fact that they are acting out these characters again. They are acting like Roseanne is supposed to act, like Dan is supposed to act. They are not BECOMING the character. The most serious offenders are Roseanne, John Goodman, and Sarah Gilbert.  Laurie Metcalf is still on point.

I actually find Sara to be the best so far. Her voice obviously has changed a lot but she still has witty repartee that reminds me of the original Darlene. I think she actually gets the best lines, possibly because she is exec producer...

Roseanne Bar seems to think Roseanne Conner was just a grumpy, mean woman like she was in season 5.5+. The original Roseanne Conner was a light hearted but a brutally sardonic and insightful wit. It's totally a cliche now, but the first few seasons really did "hit a nerve" and showed people on tv who looked like the people who were watching it. It's crazy the parallels between the show and my family. The real Roseanne Conner was always laughing and shooting off one liners and my fave parts are when she giggles through her lines. I really wish this is how Roseanne approached the character now. I mean, the original was based on her real kids and family. She is now a mother of adult children with grandkids. She should channel some of her real life into the show like she did with the original.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

They get hit too much or not enough?

Regardless of the punishment method, they're not taught respect. The fact that Harris would even consider talking to her grandmother that way baffles me.

It's my generation, and I'm saddened that we're such indulging, coddling parents. 

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Regardless of the punishment method, they're not taught respect. The fact that Harris would even consider talking to her grandmother that way baffles me.

It's my generation, and I'm saddened that we're such indulging, coddling parents. 

Are there really that many kids who would talk that way to their grandparents' faces?  I don't believe that.  Behind their backs, maybe, but to their faces?  I think they only had Harris talk that way to Roseanne directly because it was a quicker way to make a point.  

3 hours ago, Mmmfloorpie said:

I actually find Sara to be the best so far. Her voice obviously has changed a lot but she still has witty repartee that reminds me of the original Darlene. I think she actually gets the best lines, possibly because she is exec producer...

Roseanne Bar seems to think Roseanne Conner was just a grumpy, mean woman like she was in season 5.5+. The original Roseanne Conner was a light hearted but a brutally sardonic and insightful wit. It's totally a cliche now, but the first few seasons really did "hit a nerve" and showed people on tv who looked like the people who were watching it. It's crazy the parallels between the show and my family. The real Roseanne Conner was always laughing and shooting off one liners and my fave parts are when she giggles through her lines. I really wish this is how Roseanne approached the character now. I mean, the original was based on her real kids and family. She is now a mother of adult children with grandkids. She should channel some of her real life into the show like she did with the original.

I agree that the original Roseanne changed at some point in Season Six or Season Five compared to how she was in Seasons One through Four or Five... at some point, her character became really bitter and she began shouting all her lines.  I remember I stopped watching midway through Season Six partly because I felt like I no longer recognized her character.  She was really mean to Dan and Jackie, so much that I'm surprised they didn't stage some sort of intervention. 

Edited by Brn2bwild
Didn't read the poster's entire post, realized I was repeating a point he/she already made.
  • Love 8
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Brn2bwild said:

Are there really that many kids who would talk that way to their grandparents' faces?  I don't believe that.  Behind their backs, maybe, but to their faces?  I think they only had Harris talk that way to Roseanne directly because it was a quicker way to make a point.  

I actually think original Roseanne changed at some point in Season Six or Season Five.  What you describe was how she was in Seasons One through Four or Five... at some point, her character became really bitter and she began shouting all her lines.  I remember I stopped watching midway through Season Six partly because I felt like I no longer recognized her character.  She was really mean to Dan and Jackie, so much that I'm surprised they didn't stage some sort of intervention. 

She was just as mean BTS. That's why Dan went to California to be with his mom. John Goodman couldn't stand working with her any more. I wonder what changed his mind?

As for respect, how are you going to treat people with respect if you never see what respect for others looks like? I don't get this idea that you have to respect disrespectful people.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mmmfloorpie said:

Roseanne’s character definitely went through phases. I could go with her aging into being a more grouchy, disillusioned grandma (especially if the diner closed down, she feels jobs are sparse, and has a bum knee with little/no medical insurance), if only Roseanne herself could sell it better! All of them still seem to be finding their characters again, but both Roseanne and Lecy are the most rusty to me. There are times when Roseanne nails the line, but most of the time her slower delivery almost feels like she’s trying to remember the next thing she’s supposed to say. Lecy though seems like she’s acting in a different sitcom, punctuating her jokes too broadly rather than with more nuance.

And I’m still waiting though for the show to settle into a more natural groove and pace. 

- They haven’t really connected this revival much to the original run or to the rest of the characters or the town of Landford yet as much as I’d hoped, and I really think they need to start doing this soon; a lot of what happened in this episode felt really isolated to me - I get that Dan and Roseanne are empty nesters now so their lives may not be as busy as before, but everything - the plot and the dialogue - revolved around Harris, and we still haven’t learned much about what else is going on with the family or in Landford. Some passing references to the Lunchbox, David, Mark, life in Lanford etc. are things longtime fans want to know, and would also help re-build the show’s world so it feels more layered again.

- Harris’ bad attitude seemed more in line with teenage Becky than Darlene to me. Darlene always had the smart mouth but Becky was the rebellious one who had to have her bedroom door removed, defied her parents about seeing Mark, ran away to Jackie’s etc. Felt like a missed opportunity to not reference this in some way - plus it could have given Lecy more to do and made her appearance in the episode more meaningful.

- The exterior location shots that transition between scenes are also throwing me off. I get the need to refresh, but I don’t like that they’re not photographed in the same style as the old ones, that the house appears different, or that they’re not using a fade in the transitions.  It’s throwing off the episode pacing and the tone for me when they just jump cut from the exteriors immediately to the next scene.

• Love 3

Harris’ bad attitude seemed more in line with teenage Becky than Darlene to me. Darlene always had the smart mouth but Becky was the rebellious one who had to have her bedroom door removed, defied her parents about seeing Mark, ran away to Jackie’s etc. Felt like a missed opportunity to not reference this in some way - plus it could have given Lecy more to do and made her appearance in the episode more meaningful.

The way she acted really reminded me of the way Becky behaved in No Talking. She really could be a brat but she was egged on in that episode by Aunt Jackie. I wonder if Aunt Becky was egging on Harris.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Totally agree.  

• Love 2

The Roseanne/Harris interaction felt like an extreme version of the Bev/Darlene interaction in the episode where Bev comes to visit and we see how she treats Becky and Darlene differently the same way she treats Roseanne and Jackie differently.  Darlene had to be dragged out of the room before her "Now wait just a damn minute" tirade to Bev could get started, and her "I hate her" was pretty seething, even for a teenager.  I like all the parallels to the original run of episodes, because poverty isn't the only pattern that repeats.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Brn2bwild said:

I agree that the original Roseanne changed at some point in Season Six or Season Five compared to how she was in Seasons One through Four or Five... at some point, her character became really bitter and she began shouting all her lines.  I remember I stopped watching midway through Season Six partly because I felt like I no longer recognized her character.  She was really mean to Dan and Jackie, so much that I'm surprised they didn't stage some sort of intervention. 

The reason I say season 5.5 is because the first few eps were kind of a link to season 4 with Becky leaving and the bike shop closing and losing the electricity etc. She has that long hair style and looks like she had some plastic surgery around the time the Diner story line which was roughly mid season.  As awesome as the Fisher beating up Jackie story line, you can see Roseanne's really nasty side start to emerge. Yes she was right to be mad at Fisher and etc, but that scene in his apartment when she's talking to really makes me cringe sometimes. The "I own a loose meat sandwhich shop, I know what to do with the body" was delivered in kind of a different tone than the original Roseanne Conner. I think the original would have said it a bit more straight. Not in the crazy vengeful tone of "mean Roseanne", which again, was probably justified but I don't want to start an argument on that lol.

4 hours ago, bamlouie said:

Roseanne’s character definitely went through phases. I could go with her aging into being a more grouchy, disillusioned grandma (especially if the diner closed down, she feels jobs are sparse, and has a bum knee with little/no medical insurance), if only Roseanne herself could sell it better! All of them still seem to be finding their characters again, but both Roseanne and Lecy are the most rusty to me. There are times when Roseanne nails the line, but most of the time her slower delivery almost feels like she’s trying to remember the next thing she’s supposed to say. Lecy though seems like she’s acting in a different sitcom, punctuating her jokes too broadly rather than with more nuance.

And I’m still waiting though for the show to settle into a more natural groove and pace. 

- They haven’t really connected this revival much to the original run or to the rest of the characters or the town of Landford yet as much as I’d hoped, and I really think they need to start doing this soon; a lot of what happened in this episode felt really isolated to me - I get that Dan and Roseanne are empty nesters now so their lives may not be as busy as before, but everything - the plot and the dialogue - revolved around Harris, and we still haven’t learned much about what else is going on with the family or in Landford. Some passing references to the Lunchbox, David, Mark, life in Lanford etc. are things longtime fans want to know, and would also help re-build the show’s world so it feels more layered again.

- Harris’ bad attitude seemed more in line with teenage Becky than Darlene to me. Darlene always had the smart mouth but Becky was the rebellious one who had to have her bedroom door removed, defied her parents about seeing Mark, ran away to Jackie’s etc. Felt like a missed opportunity to not reference this in some way - plus it could have given Lecy more to do and made her appearance in the episode more meaningful.

- The exterior location shots that transition between scenes are also throwing me off. I get the need to refresh, but I don’t like that they’re not photographed in the same style as the old ones, that the house appears different, or that they’re not using a fade in the transitions.  It’s throwing off the episode pacing and the tone for me when they just jump cut from the exteriors immediately to the next scene.

I totally agree about the transitions. I mentioned it in the thread for the pilot. I think that's part of the problem of it not being "connected" to the original/Lanford. They need to put in the effort of going around and taking pictures of the street signs and the birdhouse on the porch etc like they did in the original. And that stupid "Roseanne is filmed before a live studio audience". What's that about? Totally destroys the verisimilitude of the show and just makes you think it's some Hollywood production.

I knew a lot of the laugh track in the original was canned (partially due to Natalie West's laughter) but I didn't care.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mmmfloorpie said:

The reason I say season 5.5 is because the first few eps were kind of a link to season 4 with Becky leaving and the bike shop closing and losing the electricity etc. She has that long hair style and looks like she had some plastic surgery around the time the Diner story line which was roughly mid season.  As awesome as the Fisher beating up Jackie story line, you can see Roseanne's really nasty side start to emerge. Yes she was right to be mad at Fisher and etc, but that scene in his apartment when she's talking to really makes me cringe sometimes. The "I own a loose meat sandwhich shop, I know what to do with the body" was delivered in kind of a different tone than the original Roseanne Conner. I think the original would have said it a bit more straight. Not in the crazy vengeful tone of "mean Roseanne", which again, was probably justified but I don't want to start an argument on that lol.

The first 5.5 seasons feel like a different show to me; more naturalistic, with a less severe performance from Roseanne. 

S6, while still good, stretches plausibility more than the earlier seasons ever did. Not only does Roseanne look and behave like a different person, she and Dan start trying to have another baby, which seemed highly unrealistic to me. 

• Love 4

Maybe if the line had been, “they’re a lot like us,” instead of, “they’re just like us,” maybe it wouldn’t have pricked so many people who were looking to be offended by this show?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I remember watching that at the time and thinking they were capitalizing on the popularity of Fried Green Tomatoes.

Lol! Maybe they were. It’s such a good movie! God, if they could have found some way to do that to Fisher without the show totally flying off the rails, I would have loved to see it. He was so awful, and his fake “I hate myself for this” crap was so flimsy. 

I still cheer when Roseanne tells him, “I hope the next brother-in-law kills you!” 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, SparklesBitch said:

Lol! Maybe they were. It’s such a good movie! God, if they could have found some way to do that to Fisher without the show totally flying off the rails, I would have loved to see it. He was so awful, and his fake “I hate myself for this” crap was so flimsy. 

I still cheer when Roseanne tells him, “I hope the next brother-in-law kills you!” 

I'm sure you guys all know this, but Matt Roth (Fisher) an Laurie Metcalf (Jackie) were married irl from 2005 to 2014.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The way she acted really reminded me of the way Becky behaved in No Talking. She really could be a brat but she was egged on in that episode by Aunt Jackie. I wonder if Aunt Becky was egging on Harris.

Have we even seen Becky interact with her nieces or nephew yet? From what we have seen of Becky I get the impression she's not a very involved Aunt, the way Jackie was.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Have we even seen Becky interact with her nieces or nephew yet? From what we have seen of Becky I get the impression she's not a very involved Aunt, the way Jackie was.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised that this past month or so was the first real significant block of time Becky got to spend with Darlene’s kids, if Becky’s been in Lanford and Darlene’s been in Chicago all this time.

That said, I really don’t see Becky being an as-involved aunt as Jackie was. Maybe if she was more secure, but not this Becky.

• Love 3

I thought his absence was because of The Big Lebowski.

Either way they get along well enough that they tried to do that trailer park series.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, katie9918 said:

Maybe if the line had been, “they’re a lot like us,” instead of, “they’re just like us,” maybe it wouldn’t have pricked so many people who were looking to be offended by this show?

Maybe I'm naive, but what was offensive about that comment? I thought it was tongue-in-cheek/meta, Roseanne Barr commenting on the ABC sitcom lineup that, even though it's much more diverse now than when Roseanne first premiered 30 years ago, is still centered around loving but somewhat dysfunctional families.

• Love 7
On 4/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, bamlouie said:

They haven’t really connected this revival much to the original run or to the rest of the characters or the town of Landford yet as much as I’d hoped, and I really think they need to start doing this soon; a lot of what happened in this episode felt really isolated to me - I get that Dan and Roseanne are empty nesters now so their lives may not be as busy as before, but everything - the plot and the dialogue - revolved around Harris, and we still haven’t learned much about what else is going on with the family or in Landford. Some passing references to the Lunchbox, David, Mark, life in Lanford etc. are things longtime fans want to know, and would also help re-build the show’s world so it feels more layered again.

IMHO it seems like the show is trying to move on without a "previously on Roseanne" tag. I'm sure more details will emerge as the show continues. Wouldn't it be great for Chuck and Ann Marie to pop in from out of town and they could all sit at the dinner table and "catch up" (like I do when I visit my best friend who lives out of town). 

Also, when Harris was being all snotty to Roseanne and Darlene finally grew a pair and made her apologize, I was thinking of when David told Bev "NO" about the wedding planning, and then Darlene yelled at him. Likewise, Roseanne probably had enough of the disrespect, not only to herself, but toward Darlene. Those Conner women do stick together, even if they drive each other crazy. 

Churro, hmm?  Well, I guess it does look like a churro/taquito/egg roll. Either way I love that she licks it and grosses DJ's little girl out. My younger girl used to lick all the Oreos to gross her sister out. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, ItsHelloPattiagain said:

IMHO it seems like the show is trying to move on without a "previously on Roseanne" tag. I'm sure more details will emerge as the show continues. Wouldn't it be great for Chuck and Ann Marie to pop in from out of town and they could all sit at the dinner table and "catch up" (like I do when I visit my best friend who lives out of town). 

Also, when Harris was being all snotty to Roseanne and Darlene finally grew a pair and made her apologize, I was thinking of when David told Bev "NO" about the wedding planning, and then Darlene yelled at him. Likewise, Roseanne probably had enough of the disrespect, not only to herself, but toward Darlene. Those Conner women do stick together, even if they drive each other crazy. 

Churro, hmm?  Well, I guess it does look like a churro/taquito/egg roll. Either way I love that she licks it and grosses DJ's little girl out. My younger girl used to lick all the Oreos to gross her sister out. 

Thanks for the opportunity to insert one of my all-time favorite memes.

licked or not.jpg

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6

I don't mind if Jerry and Andy never appear in the show, but I do think the fact that Jackie has a son should be acknowledged.  I can also do without DJ and his family, Fred, Bev, Leon (and spouse), Chuck & Ann Marie, the loudmouth woman who worked at the Lunchbox (forgot her name) and many others.  I would rather see them concentrate on Dan, Roseanne, Jackie, Crystal, etc.  and less on Darlene's children. 

• Love 3