Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I am assuming this "masterpiece" of a spoiler is a sign of SA/JP's stuff? I hope the GH actors are keeping track of their bank accounts because I see the axe coming if this is the best there is.

It is. JP wrote the breakdown. She's the one quoted in the SOD article.

To answer OnceSane's questions...Patrick doesn't know the significance of the date. He always has an excuse! He's just being impulsive because he loves his new little family so much and wants to keep it.

And Sam "adores and has no hesitations" about Patrick. She's just not sure she's moved on from Jason yet.

Meanwhile Robin is chained to a wall and the show refuses to acknowledge her importance to her child or mother. Because they're Samtrick's family now. It's so disgusting.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

I'm disgusted with how thoroughly Ron ruined any potential Sam and Patrick had as a couple. I was a fan of their friendship and now I guess I'll be lucky if they even acknowledge each other once Sam and Jason get back together.

They were ruined for me the second this show decided to torture the character of Robin AGAIN. Like I'm really going to root for no one to give a shit and they all just happily move on like nothing happened. Great storytelling, show! What a romantic love story!!

• Love 5

I'm disgusted with how thoroughly Ron ruined any potential Sam and Patrick had as a couple. I was a fan of their friendship and now I guess I'll be lucky if they even acknowledge each other once Sam and Jason get back together. 

Yup.  I liked the friendship and the early days were such a breath of fresh air after the Sabrina nonsense.  But they're rushing them - and Liz/Jake(son) - from plot point to plot point.

• Love 4

WHAT WHAT WHAT????!!?!??!!?! [/sheila Broflavski]

See above.

Seriously, a freaking birthday party helps Patrick to decide to propose to Sam on the Fucking. Wedding. Anniversary. For. Her. And. Her. DEAD. Husband?

In what universe does this make sense? Oh and don't tell me she runs away like Liz did with Jake, but Liz sees her (probably on that fucking pier) and encourages her to say yes. Or Jake does. At the Chinese restaurant. IDK. I just know this is terrible. And stupid. Terribly stupid.

The same universe that had Luke and Tracy getting married "for realz this time" on Laura's birthday.

• Love 1

If Samtrick were to have a wedding (rumor is they elope), Patrick will make vows to the third woman in two years

He's truly the Ross Gellar of Port Charles.

BS that he doesn't know the significance of the date. If I were him, I would make it a point to know. One, because I would want to stay away from that date. And two, if he supposedly loves her so much, he should know.

I'm really disappointed that they ruined the Samtrick friendship (which really was the best part of these two) for THIS. I mean, it's just so horribly written. And since they lost any chemistry they ever potentially had a long time ago, it's not even going to be bad that they end. Many of us will be rooting for it.

• Love 6

According to SOD, Patrick proposes to Sam on JaSam's wedding anniversary because they make such an amazing family with Emma, Danny, and Robin's mother

Gross. Can we stop pretending that Samtrick is even remotely compelling? 

It is. JP wrote the breakdown. She's the one quoted in the SOD article.

To answer OnceSane's questions...Patrick doesn't know the significance of the date. He always has an excuse! He's just being impulsive because he loves his new little family so much and wants to keep it.

Wasn't he at their wedding?

I did not dislike RC personally, I thought he was a shitty HW so replacing him with two writers who are continuing his shitty, shitty stories? Not a reason to start watching again

Edited by Oracle42

Wasn't he at their wedding?

Yes. He was essentially forced to go because Robin wanted to support Jason and Sam. But not before he shit on Robin's connection to Sonny and Jason and made her feel bad about it for the billionth time.

But not before he shit on Robin's connection to Sonny and Jason and made her feel bad about it for the billionth time.

Considering it is Sonny and Jason, I...don't blame Patrick for that one. Robin needed better friends, fo sho!

• Love 3

Considering it is Sonny and Jason, I...don't blame Patrick for that one. Robin needed better friends, fo sho!

I'm not even disagreeing with that! But Patrick's complete disrespect of Robin in that area and the respect he shows for Sam is outrageous and hypocritical, and honestly, craps on the years-long relationship Robin and Patrick had. The destruction of that relationship and the 30-year vet to prop a plot point relationship is disturbing. Thanks, Ron!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

I'm not even disagreeing with that! But Patrick's complete disrespect of Robin in that area and the respect he shows for Sam is outrageous and hypocritical, and honestly, craps on the years-long relationship Robin and Patrick had. The destruction of that relationship and the 30-year vet to prop a plot point relationship is disturbing. Thanks, Ron!

I'm shocked Samtrick - even for plot purposes - is still getting a push considering it was part of the low ratings [with much else] and most of the FCW recaps I read regarding them were...not popular...to put it kindly. Let fucking Jason get his memory back and let Sam be his ride-or-die chick. Liz can go to the looney bin. Patrick? Gets much-needed therapy for himself and his kid and maybe grows a brain in the process.

• Love 2

I'm shocked Samtrick - even for plot purposes - is still getting a push considering it was part of the low ratings [with much else] and most of the FCW recaps I read regarding them were...not popular...to put it kindly. Let fucking Jason get his memory back and let Sam be his ride-or-die chick. Liz can go to the looney bin. Patrick? Gets much-needed therapy for himself and his kid and maybe grows a brain in the process.

Right? The audience actually GROANED when Samtrick was mentioned at JT/DZ/ER's event

• Love 2

I'm shocked Samtrick - even for plot purposes - is still getting a push considering it was part of the low ratings [with much else] and most of the FCW recaps I read regarding them were...not popular...to put it kindly. Let fucking Jason get his memory back and let Sam be his ride-or-die chick. Liz can go to the looney bin. Patrick? Gets much-needed therapy for himself and his kid and maybe grow a brain in the process.

I think Samtrick fans are mostly comprised of Sam/KeMo fans and agenda fans (Liason fans, for example). And they can be very active on Twitter, so it wouldn't shock me if the writers took their social media presence seriously.

And, to be honest, I don't even care about Samtrick. My issue will always be the NEED for this show to showcase Robin as this non-important figure in terms of HER family. Anna is her mother. Emma is her daughter. This is not Patrick and Sam's family. It's WEIRD.

• Love 4

I think Samtrick fans are mostly comprised of Sam/KeMo fans and agenda fans (Liason fans, for example). And they can be very active on Twitter, so it wouldn't shock me if the writers took their social media presence seriously.

And, to be honest, I don't even care about Samtrick. My issue will always be the NEED for this show to showcase Robin as this non-important figure in terms of HER family. Anna is her mother. Emma is her daughter. This is not Patrick and Sam's family. It's WEIRD.

It's ridiculous, and it looks like this regime is just going with the baffling status quo. Even just a SENTENCE, instead of Anna wah wahing about China, she could have said she discovered Robin was in danger but is fine now at X Location and wants to set up visitation for Emma.

But that's logical, and GH is in short supply of logic, so...

• Love 3

It's ridiculous, and it looks like this regime is just going with the baffling status quo. Even just a SENTENCE, instead of Anna wah wahing about China, she could have said she discovered Robin was in danger but is fine now at X Location and wants to set up visitation for Emma.

But that's logical, and GH is in short supply of logic, so...

That's ALL that needed to happen to end Robin's captivity. But they won't. And on top of that, she's barely mentioned or missed or talked about. When Courtney, Jax, and Emily are spoken about more than ROBIN, there's a problem.

The audience actually GROANED when Samtrick was mentioned at JT/DZ/ER's event

Do the actors ever tell TPTB how the audiences react at these? The writers can't change things immediately, but it would give them an idea of how a self-selected group of viewers like the show.

Do the actors ever tell TPTB how the audiences react at these? The writers can't change things immediately, but it would give them an idea of how a self-selected group of viewers like the show.

If I recall, the EP usually attended FCW, meaning FV and JFP before him. So, I'd think they know. They just don't seem to care.

If I recall, the EP usually attended FCW, meaning FV and JFP before him. So, I'd think they know. They just don't seem to care.

I'm prey sure that NV guy mentioned how hs heard a lot of complaining about the mob.They just don't give a shit what the fans want.I'm not talking about these silly ass couple wars either.

They think they can "train" the fans. They think they can train the fans until the day they get handed a pink slip themselves.

...why...

Carolyn Hennesy

‏@carolynhennesy

Diane and Spinelli...together again.  You asked for it...you're gonna get it. #GH @GeneralHospital

I think it's rude to tweet sarcastic or snarky things to the GH actors. But, damn, that's just asking for it.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

I'm prey sure that NV guy mentioned how hs heard a lot of complaining about the mob.They just don't give a shit what the fans want.I'm not talking about these silly ass couple wars either.

And then they give those ridiculous quotes, "We're not focusing on the mob.  We're just telling stories about the mob is Sonny's job and how that affects his family."  Ummm, that IS focusing on the mob!

• Love 9

I asked for Robin, when will I get that.

I want Anna to have an actual story, RF!S to be on the show, more Mac, more Brad and Lucas and housing for vets. I want a young adult/teen scene, I want Nina, Kiki, Morgan, Franco, Julian, Olivia, Lulu and Jason dead. When can I expect that shit.

Who the hell has been clamoring for Diane and Spinelli?

I need to leave the Scorpio deck and find that Vodka deck that was mentioned and I don't even drink Vodka.

• Love 6

Every horrid, gross thing about the Robin / Patrick / Sam / Jason / Liz / Nikolas clusterfuck - which just drags on and on into infinity (and beyond!)  - leads me to believe they are actively trying to get the show cancelled.    

Is there any fan base they haven't pissed off with this story?   Even for audience members who don't have a particular character loyalty .... there's no way they are enjoying the endless, droning stupidity of this mess.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

Seems to me likely that's the Show's passive aggressive way of sticking it to KMc for having a career beyond GH and GH being all about the male leads. When Elizabeth's own son "died", her importance took second, third, even 4th place to the fallout with Lucky/Luke/Jason. So it irked but didn't surprise me that Robin's return storyline got focused on Sabrina and Patrick, and now Anna and Emma are about Patrick and Sam. Although in Anna's case, I think another poster made a good point that Anna may be propping the relationship in part out of guilt - feeling her own absenteeism as a parent in Robin's life is partly to blame for Robin 'abandoning' her family. Also, the writing for Anna starting going downhill years ago. Exhibit A: The Eli Love fangirling and affair (blech).

• Love 1

Seems to me likely that's the Show's passive aggressive way of sticking it to KMc for having a career beyond GH and GH being all about the male leads. When Elizabeth's own son "died", her importance took second, third, even 4th place to the fallout with Lucky/Luke/Jason. So it irked but didn't surprise me that Robin's return storyline got focused on Sabrina and Patrick, and now Anna and Emma are about Patrick and Sam. Although in Anna's case, I think another poster made a good point that Anna may be propping the relationship in part out of guilt - feeling her own absenteeism as a parent in Robin's life is partly to blame for Robin 'abandoning' her family. Also, the writing for Anna starting going downhill years ago. Exhibit A: The Eli Love fangirling and affair (blech).

I do think there's some passive aggressiveness or something at work in terms of how Robin is written. Or not written. She's a non-entity. No character can talk about her or miss her or, hell, even hate her. She basically doesn't exist. She's of no importance to her mother or her daughter or her ex. And it's weird...because that's possible material for those characters. Patrick should be MAD Emma's mother is gone, if they played that angle. He has to raise her by himself. That's a story. Acting like everyone is happy is the weirdest plot choice I've ever seen on soaps or TV, in general.

And don't even get me started on how the focus was on Sabrina and Patrick when Robin came back. It's still SO insulting that Robin had to sit and wait for Patrick to "choose her" and she had to visit Sabs, in glasses, of course!, to ask her to leave Patrick.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Seriously. But the people at SOC? Wouldn't put it past them. I got reamed out there once for basically saying who gives a fuck about Alice? I was told in very strong terms that Alice is a Quartermaine, and is therefore god-like.

• Love 1

I don't necessarily have a problem with Patrick and Anna having a relationship outside of Robin - I think it makes sense they formed a bond during the time they thought she was dead.  It's her "huh" reaction to Robin's bizarre behavior and her aggressive cheerleading of the relationship with Sam that doesn't make work for me.

• Love 5

I don't necessarily have a problem with Patrick and Anna having a relationship outside of Robin - I think it makes sense they formed a bond during the time they thought she was dead. It's her "huh" reaction to Robin's bizarre behavior and her aggressive cheerleading of the relationship with Sam that doesn't make work for me.

I wouldn't care if Patrick and Anna were close if either of them gave a shit about Robin.

• Love 4

As much as the writing sucks, I just can't hate on Patrick. He and Noah saved Robin from being thrown right back at JaSon back in 2005-2006.

And before anyone starts huffing and puffing about how Robin is a legacy character and didn't need JaSon to return, let's remember that Guza (Show Annihilator) was still in charge back then.

• Love 4

I do think there's some passive aggressiveness or something at work in terms of how Robin is written. Or not written. She's a non-entity. No character can talk about her or miss her or, hell, even hate her. She basically doesn't exist. 

Show more or less did the same thing with Lucky. Until JJ's very brief return during TG retirement storyline, Elizabeth mentioned Lucky not being around just once in the almost 4 years he'd been off-screen. Elizabeth and Lulu were never allowed to say the boys missed Lucky or  that they and the boys wished he would visit.The last time I can remember Cam mentioning his dad was right after JJ left at Christmastime, yet he's been on-screen semi-often since then because of the kiddie quad crap. We actually know more about what Robin's been up to in recent years than we do about Lucky. It's just sad. I think there may be an element of passive-aggressiveness there too, because JJ is a successful prime time actor and musician who does not need to be on GH. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

Show more or less did the same thing with Lucky. Until JJ's very brief return during TG retirement storyline, Elizabeth mentioned Lucky not being around just once in the almost 4 years he'd been off-screen. Elizabeth and Lulu were never allowed to say the boys missed Lucky or  that they and the boys wished he would visit.The last time I can remember Cam mentioning his dad was right after JJ left at Christmastime, yet he's been on-screen semi-often since then because of the kiddie quad crap. We actually know more about what Robin's been up to in recent years than we do about Lucky. It's just sad. I think there may be an element of passive-aggressiveness there too, because JJ is a successful prime time actor and musician who does not need to be on GH.

Oh, you're right. The way Lucky has been handled has been ridiculous, as well. But it's a whole other issue when you actively have a character as a PRISONER and then rarely mention said character for over a year.

• Love 2

I asked for Robin, when will I get that.

I want Anna to have an actual story, RF!S to be on the show, more Mac, more Brad and Lucas and housing for vets. I want a young adult/teen scene, I want Nina, Kiki, Morgan, Franco, Julian, Olivia, Lulu and Jason dead. When can I expect that shit.

I need to leave the Scorpio deck and find that Vodka deck that was mentioned and I don't even drink Vodka.

yep and honestly most of the fans wishs seem reasonable to me that I've read.

Seriously. But the people at SOC? Wouldn't put it past them.

What does "wouldn't put it past them" mean? That there's something weird about liking Diane/Spinelli? I wouldn't exactly say I've been clamoring to see them on screen together, but I like both characters, and have always liked the chemistry and vibe between them.

and her aggressive cheerleading of the relationship with Sam that doesn't make work for me.

I feel like I'm missing the supposed aggressive pimping and propping Anna is doing of Samtrick. For the life of me, I don't get how Anna helping Sam throw a birthday party for Patrick is propping Samtrick. Then again I think the word "propping" is generally overused. And I don't get how she's been aggressively propping the couple. She had one conversation, each, with Patrick and Sam telling them she was happy for them and that Sam didn't need to feel awkward around her and somehow that equates to her pushing them down the aisle or something.

• Love 2

What does "wouldn't put it past them" mean? That there's something weird about liking Diane/Spinelli? I wouldn't exactly say I've been clamoring to see them on screen together, but I like both characters, and have always liked the chemistry and vibe between them.

I just think that it's extremely odd that out of all that is wrong with this show, and all the characters that have been ruined, that Diane/Spinelli are something that a group of fans wants to see. I mean, maybe I'm the one who's wrong, I don't know. I actually do like Diane. It was refreshing to see a woman who was so career-oriented and wanted absolutely nothing to do with children. But the way she fawned over the "grasshopper" was not something that I think people are clamoring to see. The show does what they want, and claims that what they want is what the audience wants. The show is wrong.

• Love 3

Oh, you're right. The way Lucky has been handled has been ridiculous, as well. But it's a whole other issue when you actively have a character as a PRISONER and then rarely mention said character for over a year.

I dunno. I'd rather have Lucky as a prisoner than a deadbeat parent dealing with the bullshit daaaaarkness in his soul

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

I dunno. I'd rather have Lucky as a prisoner than a deadbeat parent dealing with the bullshit daaaaarkness in his soul

Hahaha, I understand that. For me, it's still more convoluted than Robin being a prisoner. Think of it like if Lucky sacrificed/was threatened to leave his family to save Robin for Patrick and Emma. And then Liz screwed Patrick and they decided to be a family and they're just SO happy together and with all their kids and no one gives a crap about Lucky. And Laura was like, "Yay! Liz, I'm so happy you found love with Patrick! Lucky is in China and I haven't talked to him in a year but you're happy!"

That angle of the story will always be gross to me. Because Robin is the loser from all directions. How does the character recover from that?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

FFS. Will they get married on Jason's birthday?

I'd be more entertained if they got married on the anniversary of Jason's death. 

...why...

I demand to know who has been asking for more Diane/Spinelli.  They must be stopped. 

• Love 6

Is Olivia going to adopt her own baby?

What is the point of the Jasus reveal if he already has the same relationships with the same people?

Why hasn't Ava saved her baby and then ripped Carly's larynx out?

Why haven't I joined @GHScorpiosRule in the Vodka room on The Barge?

• Love 5

Wow...every single spoiler is horrible.

Michael and Jake discuss the recent events and how they have effected Michael’s role in the family.

I'm guessing Michael is going to disavow himself from ELQ, HATE.

A flustered Liz finds herself covering up for a mistake Sonny makes.

Oh Liz, PLEASE reconsider everything you're doing!

Now rid of her scheming husband and reunited with Franco, Nina seeks to make peace with the past and make a fresh start.

Nobody cares, NOBODY CARES!

• Love 11
I mean...I at least like Diane. *runs*

I love Diane. I wish we saw more of her and Alexis together. That friendship (when it wasn't pimping the working woman's friend) was great.

the bullshit daaaaarkness in his soul

GH really overdoes this. Luke, Lucky, Sonny—all of them have demons that they can't always tame. Spare me. And, why is it only men who get this? The men get this, and the wimmins get the cray. Enough with both.

Wow...every single spoiler is horrible.

I'll say. And more than a few are totally WTF.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 9

Is Olivia going to adopt her own baby?

What is the point of the Jasus reveal if he already has the same relationships with the same people?

Why hasn't Ava saved her baby and then ripped Carly's larynx out?

Why haven't I joined @GHScorpiosRule in the Vodka room on The Barge?

I kind of figured that'd be the only way she'd be able to keep him in PC, to pretend to adopt a child.

IDK about Days, they very well might overtake GH for the third spot during sweeps, but I can't see it lasting long. Stunts never do, and from the bit I've seen, they don't have much else going for them.

Edited by IWantCandy71