Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

But I think there's something potentially interesting in the stickiness post-reveal, especially if Jake(son) doesn't get his memory back right away.

There's a lot of potential soapiness with Jake(son) not getting his memory back and Sam knowing her husband's alive but having also built a family with someone else. The writers botched the pacing and pretty much everything about Samtrick though.
  • Love 2

I don't know why Jake isn't having more memories. He's not even having feelings of déjà-vu. There's not much point of him knowing who he is if he doesn't have any memories of it. He already did that when his head hit the tree, and it was tedious that he was all hostile and unwilling to accept his family. Not that the Qs made it easy, demanding that he remember who they were and what they meant to him, but I don't need to see this again, even if it is 25 years later.

And again, him remembering would be much more interesting if he had built a life as Jake completely different from Jason's.  But nooo.

I agree. I don't know how the writers screwed this up. On paper (and ignoring who or who doesn't have chemistry), this story has so much potential. And it really does go back to Robin for me. She should have never been involved in this story. It muddled Patrick, Samtrick, Liz, Nik, and Jason.

I don't know why Jake isn't having more memories. He's not even having feelings of déjà-vu. There's not much point of him knowing who he is if he doesn't have any memories of it.

Figuring the reveal is in November, I bet those are gonna start ramping up fast and furious the next few weeks.  That's probably what leads him to the Chinese restaurant next week.

So, maybe they'll go looking for Robin so she can give him whatever drug restored his memory last time, realize she's missing and FUCKING RESCUE HER?

<3

I've seriously convinced myself that Jakeson was talking about Robin when he said he thinks there's someone out there that needs him...someone he should be looking for. But this is still Ron we're talking about. So he was clearly talking about Sonny.

• Love 1

I can't even remember the last time a man was portrayed like Liz. Would it be Ric? And even so, he's not paying for shit!

Ric had to fuck Mags, marry Nina, and share scenes with Franco. He has more than paid.

I still use "rutting like farm animals" at least once a month. Lucky for me it's never because my fiance was banging my sibling.

I use that, "ya phoney bastard" (with an Aussie accent), and "mah-nipple-late" regularly.

• Love 5

<3

I've seriously convinced myself that Jakeson was talking about Robin when he said he thinks there's someone out there that needs him...someone he should be looking for. But this is still Ron we're talking about. So he was clearly talking about Sonny.

So if Sam, Jason and Anna go off to rescue Robin - would Patrick tag along as Sam's (superfluous) adventure buddy or as Robin's failure of an ex-husband AND does Anna hate him or sympathize since she also received the patented RC (Everybody has to be a moron for any of my stories to work) lobotomy?

Final question: On a scale of 1-10, how awkward is the plane ride home?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

Wasn't Lucky's "rutting farm animals" tirade at GH? If not, my bad. But the larger point about reaming people out in public for what are essentially private sins remains.

Here's the clip of it happening at Liz's house:

And then Lulu confronting her at GH:

• Love 8

So if Sam, Jason and Anna go off to rescue Robin - would Patrick tag along as Sam's (superfluous) adventure buddy or as Robin's failure of an ex-husband AND does Anna hate him or sympathize since she also received the patented RC (Everybody has to be a moron for any of my stories to work) lobotomy?

Haaaa. SO awesomely awkward, if the show plays it correctly. There's no drama and no intrigue if Patrick or Anna remain some innocent victim and everyone kisses their asses. "Oh! Robin has been a prisoner for over a year! Oops!" That's boring. I hope Jason, at the LEAST, is allowed to be angry at everyone's stupidity regarding her. Robin being angry would also be ideal. There's so much good material there if they ever get a chance to tell that story. Edited by HeatLifer
So if Sam, Jason and Anna go off to rescue Robin - would Patrick tag along as Sam's (superfluous) adventure buddy or as Robin's failure of an ex-husband AND does Anna hate him or sympathize

Well, considering there is some spoiler with Anna helping Sam and Emma with a surprise for Patrick? Anna could have SEVERAL seats if she dares to turn hypocrite and hate Patrick when she has been one of the biggest "Rah, rah, Samtrick Wuv!" cheerleaders out there.

I'm a lone wolf here (hee), but I still think Anna looks WORSE than Patrick in all of this, being Robin's own mother and being all "Robin is in China...bummer..." and, like Patrick, doesn't seem to give half a shit. An ex-husband is one thing. A parent? Quite a different story!

• Love 4

Seven! [/Monica Gellar]

• Love 7
*There's going to be Mob stuff.  (DAMMIT!!!).  FV promises that it will have "emotional and romantic impact".  (Yeah.  Riiiiiiight.).

There is nothing remotely romantic about about violence and threatened violence.  It's just plain disgusting. 

• Love 4

I'm a lone wolf here (hee), but I still think Anna looks WORSE than Patrick in all of this, being Robin's own mother and being all "Robin is in China...bummer..." and, like Patrick, doesn't seem to give half a shit. An ex-husband is one thing. A parent? Quite a different story!

How DARE you say that!

...Robin's in Paris. ;) 

• Love 2

I could get behind Jason, Sam, and Anna going off to find Robin while Paddy stews at home. Let him and his bestie have it out since her secret keeping basically blows up his lil fake ass family.

My question is, they've dragged this shit out for so long, why keep piling more & more crap on top of it, like the marriage and elopement, if it happens? TIIC have to know the audience is fed the fuck up, quit tryna raise the stakes and just get to the damn fallout already. Having both couples do more stupid shit isn't gonna make the reveal any better or make viewers like it again or be invested. It just looks like more stall tactics.

If these asshole had even half a brain, they could've milked this whole thing much better by having things come out in stages. Everyone should have found out he's Jason, THEN he gets his memories back (Morgan and Q), and then the Liez and Nic stuff comes out. Without his memories, Jakeson could have truly been torn between Liez and Sam and then once the whole truth was laid out, then we get the end of Jiz forever.

I swear, why is it so hard for these mother fuckers to write a compelling story when all you fine people have come up with much better story since this bullshit started? Ass clowns, the whole lot of 'em.

• Love 4

I have to admit, I wish Lucky hadn't used slut, tramp or whore during this diatribe. Everything else could have remained. Well, except for the part about "what happened to the girl I found in the snow" or whatever it was he said, referring back to Liz's rape.  But my favorite? When Liz tells him he shouldn't be talking about this because he's drunk.

Who cares? WHO CARES?! Drunk! Sober! SOBER! DRUNK!"

I dunno. I just love that line.

• Love 7

I have to admit, I wish Lucky hadn't used slut, tramp or whore during this diatribe. Everything else could have remained. Well, except for the part about "what happened to the girl I found in the snow" or whatever it was he said, referring back to Liz's rape.  But my favorite? When Liz tells him he shouldn't be talking about this because he's drunk.

Who cares? WHO CARES?! Drunk! Sober! SOBER! DRUNK!"

I dunno. I just love that line.

Me too! JJ NAILED that line.

• Love 7

What were the writers thinking with that girl in show line?  Ew.

All I remember of that scene though is wanting to punch Nick.  When he said it wasn't her fault.  I just wanted him to shut it.

• Love 2

Damn, that's a good scene. I had heard about it but never actually saw it. Sure, there's some gross stuff in there that's been mentioned, but overall that's some good shit.

My main takeaway is how much better BH was there then she is now. First of all, she looks so gorgeous. Some of it is probably the wardrobe/makeup/lighting, but honestly BH just looks sick to me most of the time now. It's so sad. But also, she's not overdoing that thing she does all the time now where her voice gets all whiny and she acts like a little girl about everything, which I can not stand. I mean, she did go there towards the end of that clip, but it wasn't as OTT as it is now.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I like both Liz and Sam. When the shit hits the fan , even if Sam wins back Jason she loses. she not only gets to live with a killer for hire, she gets to be around Sonny and carly. Her son goes from a normal home with a doctor father and a sister. A place where you don't have to be on guard 24-7.Guns in the desk drawers. etc. Liz isn't living that way because jake doesn't know he loves to kill and its his best attribute. Sam goes back to be second choice to carly , she Carly has no cooth, and thinks she is wanted there. The show goes back to the same old, same old. I go back to watching anything but.

• Love 4
Here's the clip of it happening at Liz's house

I was superimposing Lucky into Lulu's scene after all. Heh. 

I wish Lucky hadn't used slut, tramp or whore during this diatribe.

None of the men on this fakakta show can throw stones at the women's sleeping around; they're just as bad. It's so gross that only the women get smeared for it.

Sam goes back to be second choice to carly

Jason more than once told Carly that if forced to choose between her and Sam, Sam would win. That's not Sam being second choice.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I so loved the Lulu confront Liz in the hospital scene.

It would have meant a lot more to me if she exhibited even a tenth of that outrage when she found out that Liz was lying to Lucky about Jake. Of course that would mean that Lulu would have to find fault in Jason as well, as she was already in the Jason ass kisser group.

Something spoiler: looks  like Real!Kristina is returning today.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2
Something spoiler: looks  like Real!Kristina is returning today.

That reminds me, the promo gave it away. Alexis is at the penthouse and trills something along the lines of, "Look who else is here!" and we're meant to wonder who that could be. But we've already seen Kristina.

I wish I was looking forward to Kristina's return today, but she surely will rush to Sonny's bedside to beg and plead for him to live too, which...blah.

It's her dad. As long as doesn't get too soppy, I'm okay with her wanting him to live. What was bad was Dante being realistic about Sonny's actions and then regretting what he said when he was in the chapel.

Edited by dubbel zout

STFU Nik. Him repeatedly trying to take all of the blame and defend Liez makes me sick. She's not some poor innocent helpless little girl. She willingly cheated on her fiance with his brother. She shares half of the blame for what happened and Lucky is allowed to call her out on it. 

• Love 1

STFU Nik. Him repeatedly trying to take all of the blame and defend Liez makes me sick. She's not some poor innocent helpless little girl. She willingly cheated on her fiance with his brother. She shares half of the blame for what happened and Lucky is allowed to call her out on it. 

gonna reply in the history thread.

Edited by ulkis

Jason more than once told Carly that if forced to choose between her and Sam, Sam would win. That's not Sam being second choice.

Regardless of what Jason said, Carly could use Michael to manipulate him if he really tried to truly put Sam ahead of what Carly wants. (Not that there was ever really a situation where there was a true Sam vs. Carly conflict to put that to the test.)   Also, I don't think that Sam is necessarily a true "second place" to Carly so much as Sam will always have to put up with Carly's blatant entitlement to Jason and her barging in whenever she damn well pleases.  

Of course, on that last one, so does every guest at the Metro Court. 

• Love 5

It's a shame the Ava/Scott interaction probably won't last, now (if the rumor about Paul is true).

The interesting stuff always seems to be plot pointish and gets very little airtime, or cut altogether. Hopefully, this is something the new writers will remedy.

If Ava gets to play with Paul, can Tracy get Ric? I don't mean romantically, necessarily. Just....something to do besides her butt being glued to the Q sitting room sofa. She hasn't left that set in the last X number of appearances. Of course, Paul hasn't either, so good for Richard that he gets something to do I guess.

Anyway-I think Ric and Tracy are two misunderstood people, who would understand each other. And that alone makes me want to see it.

• Love 3
Carly could use Michael to manipulate him if he really tried to truly put Sam ahead of what Carly wants.

I think Sam would be okay with Jason doing something for Michael, but I think she'd also point out that Carly was being manipulative. Now that Michael is an adult, it would be interesting to see if Carly could get away with this.

Carly, Sonny, and Jason almost always put Michael first. For different reasons, and not necessarily for Michael's best interest, to be sure, but he's always been the golden child.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

He hasn't even been dating Sam for a year. He moved her in after a few months and labeled them a family. He's just fine and dandy and in love and has 0 issues!

Only a man is written this way.

To be fair, the writing's nearly identical for Liz.  She and Jake(son) have only been officially dating since the Nurses' Ball (May) and they're engaged.

• Love 3

To be fair, the writing's nearly identical for Liz. She and Jake(son) have only been officially dating since the Nurses' Ball (May) and they're engaged.

Really? I think Liz is being written off the walls falling apart and crazy. I think Patrick is being written as perfectly normal, dealing with Sam's, and Sam's only, issues.

I just read the SOD blurb on this and it's absolutely ridiculous. Apparently proposing to Sam has always been on Patrick's mind, but he held off because Sam is a widow. But he puts all that aside to propose on the day before JaSam's anniversary because Anna/Sam/Emma put together this bday party and he realizes "this is my family." He's "seeing the future and not looking at the past."

The new writers are trying so hard to out-delusional Ron.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

To be fair, the writing's nearly identical for Liz. She and Jake(son) have only been officially dating since the Nurses' Ball (May) and they're engaged.

AND HE DOESN'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK HE IS! Sorry for the yelling but FUCK, the stupid burns like fire!!

• Love 10

When Samtrick does eventually implode, I hope Emma goes all bad seed and just starts giving no shits and offing people, just because, starting with Sonny, Carly, Franco, and Nina. I mean, Mommy "dies", Daddy screws the stalker sitter and they get engaged, only for Mommy to come back. Then because of the Legion of Doom, Mommy is gone again, stalker has a dishcloth "brother" that croaks, and now Daddy is with Mommy lookalike Sam, who will eventually go back to her Hitman Hubby.

This kid is made for the psychiatry ward.

• Love 3

According to SOD, Patrick proposes to Sam on JaSam's wedding anniversary because they make such an amazing family with Emma, Danny, and Robin's mother

WHAT WHAT WHAT????!!?!??!!?! [/sheila Broflavski]

Really? I think Liz is being written off the walls falling apart and crazy. I think Patrick is being written as perfectly normal, dealing with Sam's, and Sam's only, issues.

I just read the SOD blurb on this and it's absolutely ridiculous. Apparently proposing to Sam has always been on Patrick's mind, but he held off because Sam is a widow. But he puts all that aside to propose on the day before JaSam's anniversary because Anna/Sam/Emma put together this bday party and he realizes "this is my family." He's "seeing the future and not looking at the past."

The new writers are trying so hard to out-delusional Ron.

See above.

Seriously, a freaking birthday party helps Patrick to decide to propose to Sam on the Fucking. Wedding. Anniversary. For. Her. And. Her. DEAD. Husband?

In what universe does this make sense? Oh and don't tell me she runs away like Liz did with Jake, but Liz sees her (probably on that fucking pier) and encourages her to say yes. Or Jake does. At the Chinese restaurant. IDK. I just know this is terrible. And stupid. Terribly stupid.

• Love 4

Oh yikes...

And this must happen next week, with Sam probably going (and running into Jake(son)) to the Chinese restaurant on the actual anniversary.