Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

After suffering due to the machinations of Ric and Madeline for months, Nina and Franco team up for a little revenging! What does Port Charles’ slightly unstable duo have in store for Ric?

"Slightly unstable duo"?  Fuck off, Show.  He's a SERIAL KILLER, she rips babies out of people!

Scott offers to represent Ava, surprising her with some important information.

I guess Scotty's making this offer to stick it to Sonny?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 13

saw this little tidbit from SOD around:

Kin talking about how it made no sense for Scotty to give up his job for his loser son Franco. He wants more fleshing out of their relationship 

Oh Kin! Let me hold you.

9/14: Dante and Sonny emotional moment

Now someone hold me

• Love 12

saw this little tidbit from SOD around:

Kin talking about how it made no sense for Scotty to give up his job for his loser son Franco. He wants more fleshing out of their relationship 

Oh Kin! Let me hold you.

Oh Kin, swoon!  Let's go to brunch and talk about how much Franco as Scotty's son makes no sense over mimosas!  Invite Lynn along!

• Love 9

Surprise, Patrick! Robin has been chained to a wall for a year!

Seriously!  Am I supposed to think it is sweet that Anna is cheering on Samtrick while her daughter, who she thinks is suffering from PTSD, is kidnapped?

• Love 4

After suffering due to the machinations of Ric and Madeline for months, Nina and Franco team up for a little revenging! What does Port Charles’ slightly unstable duo have in store for Ric?

I hope they both die in a hilarious crane accident while attempting their revenging

• Love 8
t's sounding like all three sons have to take a turn at his beside pleading for him to live.  And I assume Kristina will have to do the same when she gets back in two weeks.  Blech.

Too bad none of them will say, "I'm tired of this. How many times have we had to sit vigil after Dad got shot? I'm outta here."

• Love 6

Seriously! Am I supposed to think it is sweet that Anna is cheering on Samtrick while her daughter, who she thinks is suffering from PTSD, is kidnapped?

I just find it hilarious that while Sam gets to cry over Jason, and miss him, and remember him, Patrick, Anna, and Emma have yet to tell ONE nostalgic story or ONE thing they miss about Robin. Why that's so hard to do for this show, I have no clue.

• Love 8

I just find it hilarious that while Sam gets to cry over Jason, and miss him, and remember him, Patrick, Anna, and Emma have yet to tell ONE nostalgic story or ONE thing they miss about Robin. Why that's so hard to do for this show, I have no clue.

Because Robin is a horrible person that abandoned her family.  It is unbelievable how easily they all believe that.  They have no faith in her

Because Robin is a horrible person that abandoned her family. It is unbelievable how easily they all believe that. They have no faith in her

But that's the thing. No one is even angry. Have Emma be lashing out that her mom left. Have Patrick tell Anna that he's so freaking angry that Robin left that he has to ignore the feeling or he wouldn't be able to function day-by-day. At least that's a real emotion. No one cares! Their apathy is what's far more insulting.

• Love 7

But that's the thing. No one is even angry. Have Emma be lashing out that her mom left. Have Patrick tell Anna that he's so freaking angry that Robin left that he has to ignore the feeling or he wouldn't be able to function day-by-day. At least that's a real emotion. No one cares! Their apathy is what's far more insulting.

I think this story might have worked if it lasted until February as originally planned.  When they stretched it out for another 9 months, Anna and Patrick looked like bigger and bigger morons

• Love 1

Too bad none of them will say, "I'm tired of this. How many times have we had to sit vigil after Dad got shot? I'm outta here."

I don't need total apathy. Just some layers. One or two! That's all I ask, writers.

Jinx!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I think this story might have worked if it lasted until February as originally planned. When they stretched it out for another 9 months, Anna and Patrick looked like bigger and bigger morons

Not only do they look like morons, but Robin looks like a moron. Ron always claimed (on Twitter, aw, remember his Twitter? <---see! Nostalgia!) that what Robin did was "heroic." But how is it heroic when no one batted an eye? Both Sam and Carly didn't really give two craps that Robin left her family and was threatened to save Jason, Patrick clearly didn't care, Anna doesn't care, Emma doesn't know up from down, Liz doesn't care, Nik is too busy trying to kill people, I could go on. HOW was this some so-called heroic story!? She comes back to what, exactly?

It's a terribly written story where the so-called "heroine" is tortured. How did that even happen? How do the writers even construct that?

• Love 3

Not only do they look like morons, but Robin looks like a moron. Ron always claimed (on Twitter, aw, remember his Twitter? <---see! Nostalgia!) that what Robin did was "heroic." But how is it heroic when no one batted an eye? Both Sam and Carly didn't really give two craps that Robin left her family and was threatened to save Jason, Patrick clearly didn't care, Anna doesn't care, Emma doesn't know up from down, Liz doesn't care, Nik is too busy trying to kill people, I could go on. HOW was this some so-called heroic story!? She comes back to what, exactly?

It's a terribly written story where the so-called "heroine" is tortured. How did that even happen? How do the writers even construct that?

She comes back to beg Sam, Jason, Patrick, Anna, and Emma to forgive her for getting kidnapped

I don't care what anyone says, if LC is leaving, I want Monica to have her HEA with an alive Alan. Offscreen, onscreen, don't care. I have very crappy luck when it comes to soap couples I love getting HEAs (see also: Max & Gabrielle on OLTL), so getting a W here would be nice, just saying. :)

Forget Judge Naxie spoiler, DGAF about him.

I don't know, just having Monica go off on her own after losing both her husband and all four of her kids (I know, I know, Jason's alive---he might as well have been dead once his head met the tree and he became Sonny's toady) just depresses me. I don't know if this is considered canon now, but according to some old clips of A&M from the late 70's, she grew up in an orphanage in St. Louis before Gail became her sort-of mom. I don't want to think of her ending her life as she began it: alone with no real family to speak of.

Fuck it, have AJ be alive somehow too. Go big or go home.

I can't help it, A&M were everything. :( 

• Love 9

A remorseful Elizabeth comes close to telling Jake the truth, but ultimately opts not to

This one is my favorite...Just like it was last month, and the month before. 

I thought we might be over this repetitive bullshit...I guess not.

• Love 3

This one is my favorite...Just like it was last month, and the month before. 

I thought we might be over this repetitive bullshit...I guess not.

I pretty much expect this and Sam to say "I love.....Patrick...but..." until late November.

I wish RC had spent some time building them past 'adventure buddies' and actually giving them a romance I gave a shit about. They don't have romantic chem but I believe they care about each other - though that's more because their real life friendship seems present in their scenes - something could've been built from that

I wish RC had spent some time building them past 'adventure buddies' and actually giving them a romance I gave a shit about.

Or go the other way and have them dislike each other. Something instead of the tepid stuff we're getting now. And since neither Sam nor Jakeson seem all that invested in their relationships with Patrick and Liz, respectively, the payoff when it's revealed Jakeson is Jake will be pretty lame.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Or go the other way and have them dislike each other. Something instead of the tepid stuff we're getting now. And since neither Sam nor Jakeson seem all that invested in their relationships with Patrick and Liz, respectively, the payoff when it's revealed Jakeson is Jake will be pretty lame.

I think Jake has been invested in his relationship up until they decided to essentially not show us Liz and Jake together much any more, because they're full steam ahead on "look at Sam and Jason!  Look!!  Loook!!!!!  See, they're connected!  See it?  Do you?  How about now??"  I agree, Sam has never seemed invested in her relationship with Patrick beyond wanting to be invested in the relationship, because she thinks it's what she should want.  But, prior to that shift in narrative, Jake seemed pretty clearly invested in his relationship with Liz to the point where he didn't feel a need to go looking for his past, and he was upset when Hayden claimed to be his wife and Liz was with Ric.  

And I'll say it again, if all we're going to get out of this is Jake sliding right back into Jason Morgan, Holy Hitman, then what the hell has been the point of any of this?  They had a chance to completely re-invent the character (without any input or push back from SBu), and they seem to be heading right into sliding him right back to exactly where he was before - Carly's BFF, Sonny's faithful right hand, and Sam's tear sponge.  

• Love 7

I still think Sam and Jake(son) should have remained antagonistic.  That brief period in the fall/early winter when Sam was distrustful of him was so much more interesting AND it would have made the reveal interesting as well.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
I think Jake has been invested in his relationship up until they decided to essentially not show us Liz and Jake together much any more

That's probably what I'm reacting to, though I don't think Jakeson has ever shown much passion with Liz. It's obvious he likes her, but there's a lack of intensity, IMO. It doesn't need to be as nutty as what Ric gives us, but I'd like an indication that he's with Liz for a better reason than she's been really nice to him.

And I'll say it again, if all we're going to get out of this is Jake sliding right back into Jason Morgan, Holy Hitman, then what the hell has been the point of any of this?

Yeah, and ditto Michael breaking away from Sonny only to return when that idiot got shot. Here are two fairly organic opportunities to really shake things up, and the show decides to ignore them. I'll never understand it.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3
And I'll say it again, if all we're going to get out of this is Jake sliding right back into Jason Morgan, Holy Hitman, then what the hell has been the point of any of this?  They had a chance to completely re-invent the character (without any input or push back from SBu), and they seem to be heading right into sliding him right back to exactly where he was before - Carly's BFF, Sonny's faithful right hand, and Sam's tear sponge.  

Exactly.  And throw Michael re-embracing disgusting biodad-murderer Sonny in there, and they may as well never have bothered firing Guza.  The ratings actually rose when Jason was kicked into the harbor.  It mystifies me that anyone in charge thinks returning to this crap is a good idea.

• Love 8

Exactly.  And throw Michael re-embracing disgusting biodad-murderer Sonny in there, and they may as well never have bothered firing Guza.  The ratings actually rose when Jason was kicked into the harbor.  It mystifies me that anyone in charge thinks returning to this crap is a good idea.

It baffles me that they think is the problem that needs to be fixed and not, you know, the SERIAL KILLER and his dippy cohort.

• Love 3

RC just fucked the entire thing up period. 

He SHOULD have had Jake and Liz become intimate BEFORE Liz found out he was Jason.  AS it is, they barely had anything up to the NB besides missed opportunities and interruptions.  Yeah, they kissed a few times, and shared googly eyes, but it wasn't THAT deep.   If they had reached the point where they already exchanged ILY's and were together together, Liz's choice MIGHT have been a little easier to swallow.   Not that it still wouldn't have been shitty, but it would have had more emotional resonance. 

But that ship has sailed, the new writers just need to end this shit storm and move the fuck on already.  I am tired of the bullshit "LIz is guilty" "Liz is close to confessing" "Jake has a memory" "Sam and Patrick zzzzz........"

• Love 12

It baffles me that they think is the problem that needs to be fixed and not, you know, the SERIAL KILLER and his dippy cohort.

I'm really baffled by the running of this show.It probally doesn't help when I look at days and see them trying while GH I feel isn't even trying at all.

• Love 1

Kin has me on the first sentence, but he loses me on the second.  It sounds like Kin wants more of Scotty and Franco hanging out and ordering room service and eating steaks in bathrobes together.

No thanks. 

Scott's only reaction to Franco should be abject horror that he could create such a vile human being.

• Love 7
Scott's only reaction to Franco should be abject horror that he could create such a vile human being.

Scott should have demanded a DNA test. He just accepted Heather's word that Franco was their son, right? Ron was so pleased with himself when he found that bit of history so he could make Franco their son. It didn't establish Franco into the show, it just dragged down Scott unnecessarily.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Scott should have demanded a DNA test. He just accepted Heather's word that Franco was their son, right? Ron was so pleased with himself when he found that bit of history so he could make Franco their son. It didn't establish Franco into the show, it just dragged down Scott unnecessarily.

Considering he didn't seem to even remember the conception, he really should have. He demanded one from Logan, despite the actor looking and sounding like 1981 Scotty. 

• Love 4

Kin has me on the first sentence, but he loses me on the second.  It sounds like Kin wants more of Scotty and Franco hanging out and ordering room service and eating steaks in bathrobes together.

No thanks. 

I think he just wants to know where to come from as an actor. It's hard to give an emotional response in a scene, when there's been no real relationship build up. I think he's floundering, not really knowing what they are all about.

Kind of like the audience, at this point. 

• Love 1

I think everyone will always have different opinions on the Jason storyline based on their likes and dislikes....and not necessarily what beats realistically need to be hit.

I get the hatred for Jason Morgan, I really do, but the fact is, that character was present and important on the show for a very long time. And, however much it may not make sense, was very popular, as well. I DO want Jason to remember his Q memories, but in no universe do I think it would have been wise for this show to bring him back and he doesn't remember or hates Carly, Sonny, Michael, Sam, etc. Those are characters he loved deeply. There's no emotional pull of a reveal if it doesn't get to that point.

As far as JaSam/Liason, the fact remains that he was married to SAM. You can only ignore that for so long. The writers failed when they DIDN'T put them in scenes, not when they finally ARE in scenes and building something.

• Love 5

And, however much it may not make sense, was very popular, as well. I DO want Jason to remember his Q memories, but in no universe do I think it would have been wise for this show to bring him back and he doesn't remember or hates Carly, Sonny, Michael, Sam, etc. Those are characters he loved deeply. There's no emotional pull of a reveal if it doesn't get to that point.

As far as JaSam/Liason, the fact remains that he was married to SAM. You can only ignore that for so long. The writers failed when they DIDN'T put them in scenes, not when they finally ARE in scenes and building something.

Oh, I hated Jason, but I think it would be dumb if he hated Sonny and Carly too and blamed Sonny for making him a killer. No one made Jason do anything.

• Love 3
I DO want Jason to remember his Q memories, but in no universe do I think it would have been wise for this show to bring him back and he doesn't remember or hates Carly, Sonny, Michael, Sam, etc. Those are characters he loved deeply. There's no emotional pull of a reveal if it doesn't get to that point.

I think there also needs to be some ambivalence about the life he shared with all of them, especially Sonny. Jason shouldn't automatically go back to being Sonny's henchman just because that's what he used to do. At the same time, he shouldn't become a social worker, because we've seen that he's not horrified by his mad gun skillz.

The pacing for the Jakeson story has been terrible, as usual, so it's hard to build momentum of any sort. I also think Ron didn't know what to do once the secret was out, hence everyone being in this holding pattern for months. There's no suspense, and this story should be full of it from a lot of angles.

• Love 2

Ambivalence about his "work life" is different than his personal relationships with Sonny, Carly, Michael, Sam, etc. Jason didn't just work for Sonny at a certain point. They were a family. So, sure, he should question being a hitman, but he should still hold those bonds.

• Love 2

And she gives the house - that Alan gave her, dontcha know - to Michael. Now that's a boatload of manly responsibility, and I think she would like him to be the anchor of the next generation of Q's. And Sonny is never ever allowed in the door again.

I hope she never gives the house to Mykill, and I am now happy Nick stole ELQ. That house should have been left to Tracy. The way tiic of this show are going, She is probably next to die. And Jasborg will get the house and use it for the mob.

Ambivalence about his "work life" is different than his personal relationships with Sonny, Carly, Michael, Sam, etc. Jason didn't just work for Sonny at a certain point. They were a family. So, sure, he should question being a hitman, but he should still hold those bonds.

I'd say work and life for this group is inextricably linked, given how often a family member is hurt because of Sonny's dumb job choice. TJ wasn't held hostage because Carly served a lousy martini at the MetroCourt.

I'd just like to see a more nuanced evaluation of his "new" life. Can Jakeson be as close to Sonny as he once was if he decides not to work for him? Or if he does work for Sonny again, will their relationship be the same? Sonny doesn't like Jakeson, so he shouldn't magically cry, "My brother!" when the reveal occurs.

Again: If everything goes back to where it was, what's the point of any of this? 

• Love 2

I'd say work and life for this group is inextricably linked, given how often a family member is hurt because of Sonny's dumb job choice. TJ wasn't held hostage because Carly served a lousy martini at the MetroCourt.

I'd just like to see a more nuanced evaluation of his "new" life. Can Jakeson be as close to Sonny as he once was if he decides not to work for him? Or if he does work for Sonny again, will their relationship be the same? Sonny doesn't like Jakeson, so he shouldn't magically cry, "My brother!" when the reveal occurs.

Again: If everything goes back to where it was, what's the point of any of this?

When you say "if everything goes back to where it was" are you just referring to his hitman occupation? Because, yeah, I agree. I think he should question it, he should possibly want to do something else. And maybe there is eventually drama with Sonny there. And that can be the next phase of the storyline.

But, like I said, his bonds, at the time of the reveal, should be as strong as they were before. He SHOULD have a heartfelt reunion with Sam, Danny, Michael, Carly, whatever.

And this is me bring reaaaaallly unbiased. Because as y'all know, the first thing Jason should do is find Robin in my eyes, lol.

• Love 1

I hope she never gives the house to Mykill, and I am now happy Nick stole ELQ. That house should have been left to Tracy. The way tiic of this show are going, She is probably next to die. And Jasborg will get the house and use it for the mob.

Just one more reason AJ shouldn't have been killed off

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
I think there also needs to be some ambivalence about the life he shared with all of them, especially Sonny. Jason shouldn't automatically go back to being Sonny's henchman just because that's what he used to do. At the same time, he shouldn't become a social worker, because we've seen that he's not horrified by his mad gun skillz.

Agreed.  My issue is that, if they just go right back to Jasus the Holy Hitman, then what was the point of the amnesia and all that, other than to trash Liz's character?  Even if he gets his Jason M memories back, he's still been a different person now.  I don't want to see him become a goody-goody or anything, because, yes, he's clearly comfortable with the gray areas, but he should be disillusioned to find out that he was a hired hitman, and that Sonny, Carly, and Sam were all, to varying degrees, perfectly happy with him being a cold-blooded killer.  The character should absolutely evolve somewhat out of this, or the past year has meant absolutely nothing and has been a huge waste of time.

Wait, is "The past year has meant absolutely nothing and has been a huge waste of time" already one of our t-shirts? 

• Love 10
When you say "if everything goes back to where it was" are you just referring to his hitman occupation?

See KerleyQ's post above.

I'm fine with Jakeson's relationships with the younger set being status quo; it's the ones with Carly and especially Sonny that need to change a bit. As for Sam, well, they're clearly endgame, and while it's disconcerting she has no problem with him being a hit man, he was one when they met, and her past isn't exactly squeaky clean. It's canon that she's ride-or-die, and I can deal with that. Just like Carly is the "best" woman for Sonny. Some pairings just are.

• Love 3

Agreed.  My issue is that, if they just go right back to Jasus the Holy Hitman, then what was the point of the amnesia and all that, other than to trash Liz's character?  Even if he gets his Jason M memories back, he's still been a different person now.  I don't want to see him become a goody-goody or anything, because, yes, he's clearly comfortable with the gray areas, but he should be disillusioned to find out that he was a hired hitman, and that Sonny, Carly, and Sam were all, to varying degrees, perfectly happy with him being a cold-blooded killer.  The character should absolutely evolve somewhat out of this, or the past year has meant absolutely nothing and has been a huge waste of time.

Wait, is "The past year has meant absolutely nothing and has been a huge waste of time" already one of our t-shirts? 

I'm gonna reply in the . . . relationships thread, I guess?