Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

IDK about Days, they very well might overtake GH for the third spot during sweeps, but I can't see it lasting long. Stunts never do, and from the bit I've seen, they don't have much else going for them.

It's not really a stunt when these characters are staying on long term on contract. Stephen Nichols, Thaao Penghlis, Wally Kurth, Mary Beth Evans. They've hired them all long term to really change the creative direction of the show. IMO it's working, the show is solid and great from start of episode to end.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
Is Olivia going to adopt her own baby?

I kind of figured that'd be the only way she'd be able to keep him in PC, to pretend to adopt a child.

But how are they going to explain Ned staying away if he and Olivia are supposed to still be together?

And then Liz screwed Patrick and they decided to be a family and they're just SO happy together and with all their kids and no one gives a crap about Lucky. And Laura was like, "Yay! Liz, I'm so happy you found love with Patrick! Lucky is in China and I haven't talked to him in a year but you're happy!"

That angle of the story will always be gross to me. Because Robin is the loser from all directions. How does the character recover from that?

Hey, I think it's already character assassination for Laura to agree (at least temporarily) to keep the Jakeson secret and to be okay with (or even not really upset/angry) that Lucky isn't in Port Charles parenting his sons because he's off looking for answers in life -big questions, like when he was a kid. That's what she told Carly and Sonny. Laura isn't the type to be okay with her son not being around his boys for years (exception would be a serious physical/emotional condition like her catatonic state). 

Seems like the only way Robin could recover from that is for Kim McC to return, take over GH as a producer and/or writer, and then rework scripts with Finola.

• Love 3
I kind of figured that'd be the only way [Olivia]'d be able to keep [Leo] in PC, to pretend to adopt a child.

Just when I thought a story couldn't get more rage-blackout inducing, this highly likely plot development comes along.

But how are they going to explain Ned staying away if he and Olivia are supposed to still be together?

Ned being gone is the absolute least problem here, IMO.

Edited by dubbel zout

What is the point of the Jasus reveal if he already has the same relationships with the same people?

Exactly. Jakeson has had a handful of scenes with the Q's at best. He hasn't developed any new friendships, connects, new out look nothing. So other than the surprise and shock, what was the fucking purpose?

All those spoilers sick ass. Where are the Vets, where is Brad, Lucas, Dante or a freaking hospital story.

Do these asshats not understand that prime time has been doing mob stories better and realistic for a while now. Have they ever watched the Wire. Hell, Cookie is a bigger mob boss than Sonny.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

Is Olivia going to adopt her own baby?

So they are stealing Sami from DOOL's storyline from 2010? That will bring in the ratings. RME

And now super spy Anna is going to ask Sam for a job?  Ugh

We are going right back to the Jason/Sam/Sonny/Carly show and I am not at interested

I could be into Anna and Sam PI-ing it up if Robin was, ya know, in town and not kidnapped.

• Love 2

Just when I thought a story couldn't get more rage-blackout inducing, this highly likely plot development comes along.

Everything about this story is the worst.  And I can't even root for her/Leo's paternity to be exposed because you know what we'll get then, an insufferable custody battle chockfull of hypocrisy.

• Love 3

I could be into Anna and Sam PI-ing it up if Robin was, ya know, in town and not kidnapped.

It's as if they have Anna going, Robin who?

Who needs a brilliant doctor as a daughter when you have PI high school drop out Sam. Sam is hot and sexy. Robin was lucky Patrick even looked her way.

• Love 4

Everything about this story is the worst.  And I can't even root for her/Leo's paternity to be exposed because you know what we'll get then, an insufferable custody battle chockfull of hypocrisy.

I hope they rapidly age Leo and have him call Olivia a bitchslutwhoretramp when its revealed she is his real mother and that she denied him the opportunity and privilege to be raised by a mobster.

Who needs a brilliant doctor as a daughter when you have PI high school drop out Sam. Sam is hot and sexy. Robin was lucky Patrick even looked her way.

The serious lab doctor v. sexy adventurer was certainly intentional in the last C-C scenes with Patrick, Robin and Sam - but the slam on women for education, professional work, and motherhood goes back some years on this show. Alexis got accused of thinking she was too good to be Sam's mother because she's an attorney and acknowledged she would have liked Sam deciding to go to college and pursue a profession. Nikolas said Liz is stretched too thin with work and parenting - she was risking "my child" because she's so devoted to nursing. He flat out said he didn't want her to work while she was pregnant. Monica told Robin (post-Lisa mess) not to take Patrick for granted and not to let the Chief of Staff position ruin her marriage/family. Monica said Aiden could be ill/injured because with Liz's schedule her attention is not on her kids, and her grandson paid the price for that.  

• Love 2
the slam on women for education, professional work, and motherhood goes back some years on this show

Education for some reason gets a bad rap on this show no matter what. No one has told Morgan to go to PCU to finish what he started at Vanderbilt. (Or if someone did, it hasn't been mentioned since.) Michael may have taken a few business classes, but that's it. Lauren is...who cares, but I don't think she's in school. Maxie and Lulu certainly didn't go to college.

The rap against working moms is misogynistic, as is the usual case with this fakakta show.

• Love 1

It's as if they have Anna going, Robin who?

Every single time Sam and Patrick talk about being "adventure buddies," it's a slap in the face to Robin to me. What is that even supposed to mean, considering they don't go on adventures!?!? No, seriously, I'd love for someone to enlighten me. Investigating the death of a baby and why you were run off the road does not an adventure make. So what is it? Is it supposed to cement some idea that Sam is more interesting and more fun than boring, hobo Robin? Where's the so-called adventure and excitement in Samtrick's relationship? I've never seen a show make a couple into something they're not just by repeating the word "adventure."

• Love 1

Sadly, GH's disgusting attitude towards 'da wimmins' is exactly the same in teleciaion, movies, music, etc., at large, and they are consequently only a reflection of society. Our society treats women like shit.

I was thinking about this, too, and the only thing I could come up with was their trip to Amsterdam.

And I honestly don't consider that an adventure, though. They went to try to find Fluke to ask him questions about Patrick's baby and the car accident. Patrick, as a character, finds that to be an exciting, risky adventure that he wants to remember forever? Like, he gave Sam a keychain that said Amsterdam, as if they had the best time ever. It's ODD. And the way they've been written has been off from the beginning.

• Love 1

Every single time Sam and Patrick talk about being "adventure buddies," it's a slap in the face to Robin to me. What is that even supposed to mean, considering they don't go on adventures!?!? No, seriously, I'd love for someone to enlighten me. Investigating the death of a baby and why you were run off the road does not an adventure make. So what is it? Is it supposed to cement some idea that Sam is more interesting and more fun than boring, hobo Robin?

On the one hand, I get what you mean about the ridiculousness of the adventure buddies stuff because Sam and Patrick really don't do anything adventurous and it feels like a silly nickname they decided to tack onto this relationship they've desperately tried to sell. But, still, I don't see in anyway how them calling each other adventure buddies is a slap in the face to Robin. Not everything Sam/Patrick do as a couple or as individuals is connected to Robin or some slight against her. Sam doesn't really cook, but if she did, and Patrick complimented her on it that doesn't automatically equate to "OMG Patrick said Sam was a great cook. He must be insulting Robin and her culinary skills!" To me that is making a huge leap.

I just think that it's extremely odd that out of all that is wrong with this show, and all the characters that have been ruined, that Diane/Spinelli are something that a group of fans wants to see. I mean, maybe I'm the one who's wrong, I don't know. I actually do like Diane. It was refreshing to see a woman who was so career-oriented and wanted absolutely nothing to do with children. But the way she fawned over the "grasshopper" was not something that I think people are clamoring to see. The show does what they want, and claims that what they want is what the audience wants. The show is wrong.

But why is that odd? Many people have their favorites. You seem to really enjoy Ava. Is it somehow weird that of all the characters on this show you're excited to see her or like it when she gets a win? 

You clearly weren't a fan of Diane/Spinelli's friendship, so yeah, that's not something you want to see. That doesn't mean that they couldn't possibly be fans of that friendship. Spinelli is one of my faves and when I would visit Spinelli boards there were plenty of people who liked that relationship. And I'm sure Carolyn Hennessy interacts with those people and that was who she was reaching. It has nothing to do with the show shoving anything down anyone's throats.

• Love 7

On the one hand, I get what you mean about the ridiculousness of the adventure buddies stuff because Sam and Patrick really don't do anything adventurous and it feels like a silly nickname they decided to tack onto this relationship they've desperately tried to sell. But, still, I don't see in anyway how them calling each other adventure buddies is a slap in the face to Robin. Not everything Sam/Patrick do as a couple or as individuals is connected to Robin or some slight against her. Sam doesn't really cook, but if she did, and Patrick complimented her on it that doesn't automatically equate to "OMG Patrick said Sam was a great cook. He must be insulting Robin and her culinary skills!" To me that is making a huge leap.

I don't think everything they do has to do with Robin. I think specifically trying to portray Sam as this fun, adventurous, and breaking the rules type of character, and Patrick is all into and taken by that personality, as if he's never been with someone like that IS. The audience is beaten over the head with it. Which is why Sam has had lines like, "Remember when you used to race cars?! That's how I feel on a motorcycle!" As if Patrick USED to have a reckless personality until boring Robin strapped him down.

• Love 2

And I honestly don't consider that an adventure, though. They went to try to find Fluke to ask him questions about Patrick's baby and the car accident. Patrick, as a character, finds that to be an exciting, risky adventure that he wants to remember forever? Like, he gave Sam a keychain that said Amsterdam, as if they had the best time ever. It's ODD. And the way they've been written has been off from the beginning.

Didn't Patrick tag along with Robin to the Matkham islands? Where they had a real actual onscreen adventure?

Part of the problem is that RC sucks at writing adventure (ex: Luke's exit story, that mess with Peter Harrell, that mess with Dante/Lulu/Stavros).

He also sucks at writing romance (ex. Julian/Alexis, Maxie's ongoing relationship with an inanimate object, the various quads that have littered the show over the past few years).

And RC very obviously had no interest in writing Sam/Patrick as an actual couple.

For one thing there's no sign of their actual personalities in the relationship, they're just bland, interchangeable male and female people. There were no conversations of substance and most of the conversations they did have were in bed, 2 minutes long and about Jakeson.

They are VERY different people with different backgrounds and experiences who were expecting to live lives that were completely different - that's not worth a single conversation? There haven't been ANY issues or conflicts with habits or expectations since they moved in together?

Because Lucky used to give her similar lectures about risk and choices and she acknowledged his concern but reminded him that she was an adult who got to make her own choices. And Patrick is a pod person - full stop. He is uninteresting and unrecognizable - I think that's why I've never gotten angry, I keep expecting a latex mask to explain be ripped off his face

They never come across as more than "buddies" and there's certainly been no attempt to show them as partners.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3

There haven't been ANY issues or conflicts with habits or expectations since they moved in together?

This is my thing. The audience is supposed to believe that Sam and Patrick have no conflict. The only thing in the way is Jason's memory. And even that isn't an issue because Patrick just sits and nods his head when Jason is brought up. The only "drama" has been Patrick talking to her about staying away from dangerous Jake. And Sam is like, "Well, deal with it," and Patrick is all, "I guess I have to learn to live with it." It's ridiculous.

• Love 1

I don't think everything they do has to do with Robin. I think specifically trying to portray Sam as this fun, adventurous, and breaking the rules type of character, and Patrick is all into and taken by that personality, as if he's never been with someone like that IS. The audience is beaten over the head with it. Which is why Sam has had lines like, "Remember when you used to race cars?! That's how I feel on a motorcycle!" As if Patrick USED to have a reckless personality until boring Robin strapped him down.

I still think it's a reach to say it's a slam against Robin. Sam has always been portrayed as adventurous and as a risk taker. Yeah, there have been a few times that Patrick has acted drawn to that part of Sam, but I don't see that as a slight to Robin and I don't think we have been beaten over the head with it. And as you've pointed out, Patrick and Sam may talk about being adventure buddies, but they've not really done much adventurous. Patrick is still the same stable, stay at home type of guy he was with Robin. More often than not he and Sam are talking about Jason, not talking about wild adventures that Patrick never has. And I suppose many would see this as a good thing, but if it's a slight against Robin, wouldn't it be a slight against Sabrina, since he never talks about having an grand adventures with her either.

• Love 3

It's not really a stunt when these characters are staying on long term on contract. Stephen Nichols, Thaao Penghlis, Wally Kurth, Mary Beth Evans. They've hired them all long term to really change the creative direction of the show. IMO it's working, the show is solid and great from start of episode to end.

I was referring to the serial killer storyline. But speaking of those others.....I have a feeling they'll be focused on for a minute, then...not.

I still think it's a reach to say it's a slam against Robin. Sam has always been portrayed as adventurous and as a risk taker. Yeah, there have been a few times that Patrick has acted drawn to that part of Sam, but I don't see that as a slight to Robin and I don't think we have been beaten over the head with it. And as you've pointed out, Patrick and Sam may talk about being adventure buddies, but they've not really done much adventurous. Patrick is still the same stable, stay at home type of guy he was with Robin. More often than not he and Sam are talking about Jason, not talking about wild adventures that Patrick never has. And I suppose many would see this as a good thing, but if it's a slight against Robin, wouldn't it be a slight against Sabrina, since he never talks about having an grand adventures with her either.

We can agree to disagree, it's all good. I think it's been randomly shown through the years that Robin was never "good enough" for Patrick, that she forced him to change from his fun! reckless! ways, that she was "boring." And the current storyline, where everyone just believes with no questions that she left her family for no reason, is another example of how SHE victimized poor Patrick.

• Love 2

Sadly, GH's disgusting attitude towards 'da wimmins' is exactly the same in teleciaion, movies, music, etc., at large, and they are consequently only a reflection of society. Our society treats women like shit.

Though it seems to be especially bad on daytime soaps -- and more and more in the last decade. Aren't women the target audience for these shows? Really not understanding any of the choices made on these shows ....

• Love 1

now Daddy is with Mommy lookalike Sam,

I looked up at the television quickly and asked my cat when Robin came back. My cat refused to dignify my question with an answer but Sam really did look like Robin today, maybe it had something to do with the fact that Sam was in Robin's house with Robin's Mother, Robin's daughter and Robin's (ex) husband.

• Love 1

When Samtrick does eventually implode, I hope Emma goes all bad seed and just starts giving no shits and offing people, just because, starting with Sonny, Carly, Franco, and Nina. I mean, Mommy "dies", Daddy screws the stalker sitter and they get engaged, only for Mommy to come back. Then because of the Legion of Doom, Mommy is gone again, stalker has a dishcloth "brother" that croaks, and now Daddy is with Mommy lookalike Sam, who will eventually go back to her Hitman Hubby.

When the secret about Jakeson comes out and Samtrick implodes, I'd like to see Sam and Jason share a passionate kiss right in front of Patrick, who is still trying to process it all.  Then when Patrick gathers himself together and tries to exit his relationship with Sam in as dignified a manner as possible, I'd like to see her run after him at least twice and act in ways that gives him all sorts of false hope that she has decided to stay with him after all.  Then maybe a scene where Jason tells Patrick to let Sam go even though that's what he has been trying to do and Sam has been the one chasing after him.  And finally have Sam happily agree to renew her vows with Jason in Patrick's workplace without ever bothering to let Patrick know about her decision.  You know, for karma's sake.

But no, since Show has bent over backwards to protect Patrick every step of the way, we'll see oodles of people telling Pattycakes how very, very, very victimized he was by mean ol' evil Liz (who all the blame for everything will be heaped on), while Sam is legitimately torn between him and Jason, and she will finally let him down as gently as possible, while meanwhile they smoothly slot yet another woman in as Patrick's love interest because God forbid he be without a Warm Hole to Stick It In for even two seconds.  (I'm willing to bet that this in when Robin miraculously returns and just falls into PatPrick's arms because he is such a Good Man Who Deserves To Be Happy).

Because nothing says "genre for whom women are the target audience" like to the spectacle of an entire town lining up to kick and abuse a woman where they had, mere weeks before, collectively dropped to their knees to fellate a vile murdering thug!

On any other show, Patrick's obsession with creating new families would be a flaw. On this show, it's just adorbs.

Yeah, I keep looking at him and wondering, "Why are they trying to pass off the lead character from THE STEPFATHER as a romantic lead"?

Considering it is Sonny and Jason, I...don't blame Patrick for that one. Robin needed better friends, fo sho!

She also needs a better spouse.

It's still SO insulting that Robin had to sit and wait for Patrick to "choose her" and she had to visit Sabs, in glasses, of course!, to ask her to leave Patrick.

Especially when Sabrina had already left PatPrick - twice!  GH acting like the ladies were the problem in this situation was one of the many times it just made no fucking sense whatsoever.

• Love 3

(I'm willing to bet that this in when Robin miraculously returns and just falls into PatPrick's arms because he is such a Good Man Who Deserves To Be Happy).

If the show tries this BS, I'm out. I CAN-fucking-NOT with this. Patrick needs to be outed as someone who is so desperate not to be alone that he easily and selfishly creates bonds with X breathing female to fill a hole in his life and to give Emma an insta-mother. His connection to Robin should be severed for good for not caring about her or trying to call her or find her. Robin shouldn't have to accept and ignore and OK that Patrick and Anna didn't give a flying fuck about HER or her happiness. She shouldn't have to nod her head that Patrick was so happy and A-OK without her. That's relationship-ending stuff. The show should have the balls to go there.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Ya know, they never revealed whose face a mask was made of last Dec. Yes we know Faison wore a Luke mask to fool everyone, but that doesn't mean that was the mask on Larry's computer.

So it'd be very easy to pass off Patrick as someone else in a mask. The question is who.

It's too bad they couldn't lure James Franco back for a few days, reveal that Patrick is Franco in a mask, the guy RoHo is playing is some hobo he brainwashed, and the real Patrick is locked away in a sanitarium in Turkey drugged out of his mind.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Ya know, they never revealed whose face a mask was made of last Dec. Yes we know Faison wore a Luke mask to fool everyone, but that doesn't mean that was the mask on Larry's computer.

So it'd be very easy to pass off Patrick as someone else in a mask. The question is who.

Well, he did say he didn't remember it was his birthday today.

• Love 2

Well, he did say he didn't remember it was his birthday today.

Granted Ron wrote almost everyone out of character, but with Patrick it seems to be obtusely intentional over the last year plus. The character Jason is currently playing is nothing like the character he played from 2005 to 2012.

With the other OOC's, there are at least commonalities as opposed to a full-on personality transplant.

• Love 1

acting like the ladies were the problem in this situation was one of the many times it just made no fucking sense whatsoever.

That was more RC pretending that he'd written a compelling love story with Patrick/Sabrina where Patrick would be legitimately torn as opposed to what actually played out onscreen - which was a ridiculous schoolgirl crush and a grieving widower going through the motions

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4

That was more RC pretending that he'd written a compelling love story with Patrick/Sabrina where Patrick would be legitimately torn as opposed to what actually played out onscreen which was a ridiculous schoolgirl crush and a grieving widower going through the motions

The same exact thing has been done with Patrick and Sam. We're supposed to believe they're just so perfect and in love and they ~complete each other~ and Sam is going to be so utterly confused when Jason is revealed to be alive.

• Love 1

http://abc.go.com/shows/general-hospital/news/sneak-peeks/150921-september-general-hospital-sneak-peek

Part of Patrick's proposal. Apparently Sam "completes him" and Sam says their life together is "perfect." Just....wow. The only thing holding her back is ... JASON! So shocking.

It really bugged me when Patrick talked about Sam and Emma picking locks together.  That was a Robin thing, something that Patrick loved about her, and she should be teaching her own kid that.  But she is going on her fourth year in captivity and no one cares

• Love 2

I personally love Sam "oh crap, this is ...awkward...you really don't need to say this" reaction/expression to Patrick's lame ass proposal. She's the opposite of overjoyed, LOL. What she says to him is basically what we have now...works. It's....good. Yeah, we're....happy? But Jason. Jason. Jason.

It's too bad they couldn't lure James Franco back for a few days, reveal that Patrick is Franco in a mask, the guy RoHo is playing is some hobo he brainwashed, and the real Patrick is locked away in a sanitarium in Turkey drugged out of his mind.

My idea has always been RoHo is some doctor- it could still be Stephen Lars released from prison - that Real Franco held captive and brainwashed. Real Franco is actually Sam's "adventure buddy", which is creepy, soapy, and fucked up. But still answers many questions. Like why would Patrick leave Emma on all these sleepovers? Why would Patrick ignore Robin being kidnapped? Because it'd hurt Jason. And look- now Franco gets to be around Sam, Carly, Michael, etc. Total long con.

But the writers can't pull this off.

• Love 2

It really bugged me when Patrick talked about Sam and Emma picking locks together. That was a Robin thing, something that Patrick loved about her, and she should be teaching her own kid that. But she is going on her fourth year in captivity and no one cares

I'm still stuck on Sam "completing" him and their lives being "perfect." Like, they really want to act like Sam is the love of his life. They're really going to go there.

• Love 1

I'm still stuck on Sam "completing" him and their lives being "perfect." Like, they really want to act like Sam is the love of his life. They're really going to go there.

I don't even care about Patrick anymore.  He has no personality and is a shell of his former self.  Just want Robin reunited with her kid before she starts mumbling and dressing in workout clothes 24/7 like Sam

• Love 4

I don't even care about Patrick anymore. He has no personality and is a shell of his former self. Just want Robin reunited with her kid before she starts mumbling and dressing in workout clothes 24/7 like Sam

Oh, my thing isn't really about Patrick. It's about the disrespect the writers continue to show Robin every time he opens his mouth and says "My life is perfect!" And my fear is that eventually Robin will be back to either 1) Beg him to take her back, or 2) Have him tell her that she sucks and Sam is >>>>.

"Love of my life" is tossed around so casually on GH it doesn't mean anything anymore, IMO. Carly's had two loves of her life, Sonny has had at least three.

I get that. But there's a reason Sam isn't the one claiming Patrick "completes" her. She's allowed to respect Jason. He's not allowed to do the same for the mother of his child.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

"Love of my life" is tossed around so casually on GH it doesn't mean anything anymore, IMO. Carly's had two loves of her life, Sonny has had at least three.

The thing is, though, I can see how on a soap that could be the case. There are some characters where you can argue they have TWO true loves, and some characters maybe even more, because one actor/actress is known for generating chemistry over and over again.

YMMV, of course. 

That said, I can understand, even without watching, how Samtrick would NOT work in this regard at all. Which is sad, because, IMO, there WAS potential for them as a couple at one point. Maybe not in a OTP way, but it was there. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 3

The thing is, though, I can see how on a soap that could be the case. There are some characters where you can argue they have TWO true loves, and some characters maybe even more, because one actor/actress is known for generating chemistry over and over again.

YMMV, of course.

I agree with this, but I don't think it applies to Samtrick, a pairing that was sloppily put together, and who have NO deep, meaningful scenes for Patrick to ever get to this "You complete me!" stage after less than a year of dating.

Ha, just saw your edit! Agree!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

The biggest issue about Samtrick for me, is that's really where TPTB should have gone in the first place--it would have kept Purina from happening, at least! And even if the friendship chemistry still hadn't translated convincingly to romantic chemistry, it could have been tossed out early enough so they could try something else.

But Ron didn't think like that. And of course, he was the Little Hack That Could when it came to certain stories--He.Would.Never.Give.Up. Sometimes it's okay to admit defeat, Ron! 

• Love 4

YMMV, of course.

It's not that I don't think characters can't have more than one true love, it's that the phrase "love of my life" is used so frequently it's lost any meaning. At least give the relationship a few years before declaring it the bestest evah.

• Love 4

The biggest issue about Samtrick for me, is that's really where TPTB should have gone in the first place--it would have kept Purina from happening, at least! And even if the friendship chemistry still hadn't translated convincingly to romantic chemistry, it could have been tossed out early enough so they could try something else.

But Ron didn't think like that. And of course, he was the Little Hack That Could when it came to certain stories--He.Would.Never.Give.Up. Sometimes it's okay to admit defeat, Ron!

Should have done it when Robin was normally written off-screen, IMO. My problem with all of this will always be the idea that Robin has to suffer and be imprisoned while Patrick doesn't give a flying fuck. It's pretty cruel, especially when it's an UNNECESSARY story choice. Why does she still have to be in love with the douche while he replaces her with a woman with a pulse? Wtf?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3