Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

What's so wrong with Sonny thinking Jake is similar to Jason? Enough people have seen Jake do enough Jason-like stuff that a few synapses should be firing in that direction. Yet another aspect of this idiotic story that's been ignored.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

What's so wrong with Sonny thinking Jake is similar to Jason? Enough people have seen Jake do enough Jason-like stuff that a few synapses should be firing in that direction. Yet another aspect of this idiotic story that's been ignored.

Because they need another scene with Liz and her guilty scared face in the background?

Robin shouldn't have to accept and ignore and OK that Patrick and Anna didn't give a flying fuck about HER or her happiness.

Not to mention her welfare.

That was more RC pretending that he'd written a compelling love story with Patrick/Sabrina where Patrick would be legitimately torn as opposed to what actually played out onscreen - which was a ridiculous schoolgirl crush and a grieving widower going through the motions

Yeah, JT's insistence on tanking every single scene he was in vis a vis Patrina made an already badly-written story utterly unwatchable.

So it'd be very easy to pass off Patrick as someone else in a mask. The question is who.

I actually posted a story in the fanfic thread here where the Patrick we are seeing is a double if you are interested in reading it.

Absolutely none of these spoilers make me want to give up my spot on the Scorpio deck - I'll be doing tequila shooters by the pool and writing stories that actually make sense and follow the characters histories.

Just another quick note - the reason it annoys me when Patrick calls Sam his adventure buddy is because he called Robin adventure girl after the Markham Island adventure, you know when Robin killed a snake by throwing a freaking machete at it from a distance.

• Love 1

Not to mention her welfare.

Right? It's one thing if a few weeks or two months had passed. It's been a year. The excuse of "Robin, you lied, we didn't know," doesn't work anymore. Or "Sorry, your housekeeper said..." They haven't talked to her in a YEAR. And aren't worried. They're only worried about their own happiness. Again, relationship-ending stuff with her mother and her child's father.

• Love 1

Yeah, JT's insistence on tanking every single scene he was in vis a vis Patrina made an already badly-written story utterly unwatchable.

I don't think JT tanked the scenes. I think he played them the way he thought made sense for Patrick. It certainly made more sense to me as a viewer than the idea that he'd actually be in love with a mealy mouthed drip like Sabrina

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

I don't think JT tanked the scenes. I think he played them the way he thought made sense for Patrick. It certainly made more sense to me as a viewer than the idea that he'd actually be in love with a mealy mouthed drip like Sabrina

Yeah, it's not tanking, I just don't think he really cares deeply about the characters or pairings anymore. He's there to do his job and that's that. I mean, he still talks about Scrubs when he should probably be pimping Samtrick (or Patrina, at the time) on social media or the mags.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Just another quick note - the reason it annoys me when Patrick calls Sam his adventure buddy is because he called Robin adventure girl after the Markham Island adventure, you know when Robin killed a snake by throwing a freaking machete at it from a distance.

....but but but, Robin is a boring goody goody.

I hate TPTB. They have destroyed this shoe

Carly and Michael appeal to Morgan to talk to Kevin.

Man, poor Kevin.  I assume this will be either off-screen or with NOT!Kevin?

And why is Morgan resisting?  Didn't he say he'd see a therapist before Sonny got shot.

Michael warns Ava to back off

Shut up, Michael.  If mobster daddy Sonny gets to raise Avery, mobster mommy Ava should be allowed the same rights.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Granted Ron wrote almost everyone out of character, but with Patrick it seems to be obtusely intentional over the last year plus. The character Jason is currently playing is nothing like the character he played from 2005 to 2012.

With the other OOC's, there are at least commonalities as opposed to a full-on personality transplant.

I think Patrick's character, as in specifically his history with Robin and his character traits such as hating Sonny, Jason, was axed to make Samtrick seem like a "real, solid relationship," especially on his end. It's not a coincidence that the words "perfect" and "happiness" and "family" are attributed to the couple either. They want the audience to believe Samtrick can compete with JaSam. They can't do that if Samtrick has issues or Patrick misses or talks about Robin the way Sam talks about Jason. The story is about Sam's struggles. It's about her being torn. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

It's not really a stunt when these characters are staying on long term on contract. Stephen Nichols, Thaao Penghlis, Wally Kurth, Mary Beth Evans. They've hired them all long term to really change the creative direction of the show. IMO it's working, the show is solid and great from start of episode to end.

[

I hadn't watched Days for years, and now because of all the hype, and NO EJami , I am enjoying the show. I like the murder mystery, Chad, Abigail has changed . I am watching. Watching Bo, Hope , sorry I also like Aiden to bad they are making him bad. But they have pulled me in. Waiting for the anniversary shows. Hope they have enough brains to keep it going . I was always a big fan og Caroline and Victor ..Loved Bo and Hope and soaps need to hold out for hero's. not brain dead idiots with guns working for the mob. On GH even the cops are killers. They ruined Anna ,so now I have no reason to watch Sonny's ass kisses./quote]JMO.

I miss Patrick on drugs.

Maybe he's still on drugs?

I need to be on drugs to watch him. Maybe that's the trick.

• Love 1

They want the audience to believe Samtrick can compete with JaSam. They can't do that.

They didn't even try. And they should've, some of the greatest pairings in soaps were accidents. I don't think Sam/Patrick would fall into that category but make a freakin attempt

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I always thought he played it as he should - Patrick was a man going through the motions who thought he lost his wife.  He was doing what he thought he was supposed to do - what he thought Robin wanted him to do - in finding a nice new woman to be his wife and Emma's mother.  He cared about Sabrina enough, and she was good with his daughter, so he figured it was the right thing to do.  I agree, there was no tanking.  If anything, JT nailed the right tone for what Patrick was dealing with at that time.  

Now, however, I think he's checked out.  He's not tanking, but he knows this story is so completely not about him.  So there's nothing for him to do, really, other than be Sam's pillow and diary, as she snuggles up and talks about her memories of Jason. 

• Love 3
he still talks about Scrubs when he should probably be pimping Samtrick

What's there to pimp about Sam/Patrick, though? JT has to know they're merely an obstacle to Jason/Sam eventually getting back together. Same with Patrick/Sabrina: We knew Robin was going to come back at some point during that relationship. It, too, was obviously temporary.

And why is Morgan resisting?  Didn't he say he'd see a therapist before Sonny got shot.

ulkis put it much more elegantly than I could, but here goes anyway. Morgan did say he'd go, but that was before Sonny got shot, and now Morgan's manic phase is all revved up and he won't calm down until he shoots Julian. Or, more likely, some poor slob who gets hit by the bullet instead because Morgan is a dumbass with no aim.

• Love 1

What's there to pimp about Sam/Patrick, though? JT has to know they're merely an obstacle to Jason/Sam eventually getting back together. Same with Patrick/Sabrina: We knew Robin was going to come back at some point during that relationship. It, too, was obviously temporary.

It shouldn't matter what an actor thinks or knows will happen, though. The audience doesn't know. His story right now is Patrick loves Sam, they are perfect with no issues, he wants to marry her, but Jason's memory is in the way. It's clearly leading to a triangle (or quad, if the writers whitewash Liz). That's what he should logically talk about or promote.

I like the prospect of Paul and Anna sharing scenes

I think  it sounds like they may be chem testing Richard-scenes with Ava, Alexis, and Anna. I am taking this as a good sign that he may be sticking around longer? Still liking him with Tracy, but I want to see Paul move on to someone else first.

It shouldn't matter what an actor thinks or knows will happen, though. The audience doesn't know. His story right now is Patrick loves Sam, they are perfect with no issues, he wants to marry her, but Jason's memory is in the way. It's clearly leading to a triangle (or quad, if the writers whitewash Liz). That's what he should logically talk about or promote.

Considering how this has been received, it seems JT is also taking the audience (a portion - I know everything has fans) into account. Samtrick has never been a runaway hit. He is playing out the "story", as much as can be called Patrick's part of said story. So he is doing what he is being paid for. And what's to pimp? Stevie Wonder can see what's coming: Sam will find out her dead hubby is alive and, even if this fakata marriage happens - we know she will make tracks back to Jason. So, yeah. Zzzzzzzzzz. (And Samtrick are double zzzzzzzzz, so lose-lose here.)

Actors have opinions, too. Sometimes I agree with them, other times I don't. But as long as what is supposed to be on screen is, it's all good to me.

Oh, I certainly wasn't saying actors can't have opinions. I was just saying it's odd he doesn't talk about his current storyline all that much. And, to be honest, it makes me laugh because of some fans out there who very passionately want people to stop talking about Robin and to "let it go!" when...JT kinda does the same thing.

Oh, I certainly wasn't saying actors can't have opinions. I was just saying it's odd he doesn't talk about his current storyline all that much. And, to be honest, it makes me laugh because of some fans out there who very passionately want people to stop talking about Robin and to "let it go!" when...JT kinda does the same thing.

Well, it's the last time Patrick was a real live boy and not a paper doll. So I totally get why he is stuck on Scrubs. Add in his friendship with KMc, and I'm sure he misses working with her, too.

• Love 2

Which is a big problem with how the writers choose to use Robin, aside from the problem of the story they used to keep her offscreen.  Characters tend to lose their popularity fast when the audience realizes that all they are ever going to do is act as spoilers for current pairings.  Look what happened with Vanessa Marcil/Brenda Barrett.

The audience pretty much knows.  Honestly, are there more than a small percentage of viewers who legitimately believe that Samtrick is going to be end game here?  Anyone watching knows that they won't last much longer once the whole "Jake is Jason" thing is revealed.  Not to mention, I think all actors have their favorite story lines or pairings.  And they all do talk them up at times.  I mean, KeMo campaigned for Samtrick before they happened, and she campaigned for BM as Jason.  

I really can't blame him for talking about Scrubs at this point.  He has next to nothing to do now, and he adores KMc.  It seems only natural that he'd be nostalgic for the pairing with a scene partner he loved working with* and where his character was allowed to actually be part of the story and not just a prop. 

*I'm not saying he does't like KeMo or doesn't like working with her.  

• Love 5

Soaptown spoilers/rumors

-Carlos is not alive but Ava will say he is at Paul's behest

-Paul shot Sonny and will kill Sloane

Michael/Sabrina are getting a baby as TeCa's pregnancy gets written in AGAIN

-Dillon and Maxie are soon to be a couple

-Sam remembers Jason and talks to Jake about it at Noodle Buddha

-Anna asks Sam to go into business with her

-Paul seeks info on Anna

Soaptown spoilers/rumors

-Paul seeks info on Anna

Disappointed

Here we go again

Meh

Get this Jason bs over with.

Eh

And blah.

And dammit Michael, birth control. You're stuck now, dude.

Soaptown spoilers/rumors

-Paul seeks info on Anna

Sabrina gets another baby story. We don't need any more freaking babies attached to the Corintho's and sadly that's what this baby will be. A Corinthii not a Q, just look at Danny.

I see we still aren't getting any involvement with Mac, Felicia, Brad, Lucas, Lucy, Bobby or Scotty. No mention of Robin or resolution to this Jakeson crap.

The barge is my safe place right now. I just can't with the fuckery on the show.

• Love 2

And dammit Michael, birth control. You're stuck now, dude.

And so are we. Ugh. They've been on one date and they're being stuck with a baby? We're never getting rid of this character.

There is not one spoiler that makes me want to watch this show

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Paul shot Sonny and will kill Sloane

Paul's my new fave!

I mean this could have easily been something I was into but they ruined Michael, Sabrina sucks again, and THIS SHOW DOESN'T NEED ANY MORE FUCKING BABIES.

Dillon and Maxie are soon to be a couple

Whatever, I'm into it.

• Love 4

Remeber back in the day when there didn't seem to be many pregancies written in.I know KW both were and only one of GF was ect Now its like every actor that gets pregers needs to be written in.I mean LLC their was no nee for hers to be written in.I'm sick of the younger characters being tied down with babies.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: NO to Dillon and Maxie. Ghost!Georgie needs to visit both of them, complete with her afterlife nose ring, and let them know in no uncertain terms that she will haunt their asses for the rest of their lives if they even THINK of going there (and of course, dropkick them, too).

• Love 3

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: NO to Dillon and Maxie. Ghost!Georgie needs to visit both of them, complete with her afterlife nose ring, and let them know in no uncertain terms that she will haunt their asses for the rest of their lives if they even THINK of going there (and of course, dropkick them, too).

Nope. Georgie is alive, living and working in Oxford and following in her brilliant and beautiful cousin Robin's footsteps. Mac & Felicia just haven't bothered to tell Maxie because she's such a selfish asshole.

When Emma is allegedly at all those sleepovers, Mac & Felicia are taking her to visit Robin who really is free and living a fabulous life away from Patprick Dreck.

And all those cruises and medical conferences Monica goes on and to? Visiting Alan on the gorgeous tropical island that Edward secretly owned.

What? Stop looking at me like that?

• Love 5

If Maxie and Dillon start humping does that mean talking tree is on the way out?

But poor Dr. O already had to say goodbye to her precious daughter and love of her life, and had to nobly sacrifice the man who loved her. Now she is going to lose her son? How much is she expects to suffer?

• Love 5

Nope. Georgie is alive, living and working in Oxford and following in her brilliant and beautiful cousin Robin's footsteps. Mac & Felicia just haven't bothered to tell Maxie because she's such a selfish asshole.

When Emma is allegedly at all those sleepovers, Mac & Felicia are taking her to visit Robin who really is free and living a fabulous life away from Patprick Dreck.

And all those cruises and medical conferences Monica goes on and to? Visiting Alan on the gorgeous tropical island that Edward secretly owned.

You're right. What was I thinking? ;)

If Maxie and Dillon start humping does that mean talking tree is on the way out?

I think those Val/Nathan scenes were a possible chem test as well.....I actually enjoyed him in scenes with her...

And I saw this on FB....guess Ron's 2 year Jakeson plan could have been A LOT worse if he saw this while he was still HW

http://hotmodelphotos.com/man-with-amnesia-finds-his-family-after-searching-for-11-years/

And I can't lie, I am extremely excited that Sam and Anna might be PI partners. 

• Love 3

I believe this is why we are getting Michael Corinthos instead of Michael Quatermaine.  They've already been setting up the drama with the conversation between Maxi, Lulu and Sabrina about how Michael deep down is like Sonny.  When Michael takes over for Sonny (spec) Sabrina will be disappointed and will want to break things off with him and boom finds out she is pregnant and in the midst of one baby being hidden from his mob father story, we will have another one with Sabrina not wanting her baby to be connected to the mob.

The audience pretty much knows.  Honestly, are there more than a small percentage of viewers who legitimately believe that Samtrick is going to be end game here?

They could have at least made it a distinct possibility.  If Elizabeth did not know who Jake was and those two were forging ahead with a real relationship without this massive lie involved, and Jake had continued to show contempt for the violence and was drawn more to the Quartermaines and the business and had Jake/Sam kept a little bit of their antagonistic feelings towards each other, then the fall out could have kept people guessing.  Especially if Jake is revealed as Jason without recovering his memories at the same time.  He could be struggling to learn about and accept the pieces of his life as Jason and integrate them into his life as Jake.  The drama could have been about which personality was going to win out.  Once the truth was out, did he feel pulled back into Jason's life by Sonny, Sam/Danny and Carly or did he want to keep his life as Jake with the Q's and Liz.  Obviously, he would spend time with Sam and Danny once the truth came out but there could be a legitimate question about who he chose to be going forward and who he would choose to be with.  Since Sam is constantly still going on about missing Jason, it might be difficult to show her struggling but if she and Jake had continued to be antagonistic and Jake didn't remember his past, maybe Sam could truly be a little torn between moving forward with the life with Patrick or trying to make a life with Jason (who she loves) but who is basically now Jake (who Sam doesn't like).

I would still expect in the end that Sam and Jason would end up back together but it wouldn't all be so predestined and in my opinion would be a lot more interesting to watch.

Edited by Mrs. Stanwyck
  • Love 4

I want to live here.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 3

I believe this is why we are getting Michael Corinthos instead of Michael Quatermaine.  They've already been setting up the drama with the conversation between Maxi, Lulu and Sabrina about how Michael deep down is like Sonny.  When Michael takes over for Sonny (spec) Sabrina will be disappointed and will want to break things off with him and boom finds out she is pregnant and in the midst of one baby being hidden from his mob father story, we will have another one with Sabrina not wanting her baby to be connected to the mob.

They could have at least made it a distinct possibility.  If Elizabeth did not know who Jake was and those two were forging ahead with a real relationship without this massive lie involved, and Jake had continued to show contempt for the violence and was drawn more to the Quartermaines and the business and had Jake/Sam kept a little bit of their antagonistic feelings towards each other, then the fall out could have kept people guessing.  Especially if Jake is revealed as Jason without recovering his memories at the same time.  He could be struggling to learn about and accept the pieces of his life as Jason and integrate them into his life as Jake.  The drama could have been about which personality was going to win out.  Once the truth was out, did he feel pulled back into Jason's life by Sonny, Sam/Danny and Carly or did he want to keep his life as Jake with the Q's and Liz.  Obviously, he would spend time with Sam and Danny once the truth came out but there could be a legitimate question about who he chose to be going forward and who he would choose to be with.  Since Sam is constantly still going on about missing Jason, it might be difficult to show her struggling but if she and Jake had continued to be antagonistic and Jake didn't remember his past, maybe Sam could truly be a little torn between moving forward with the life with Patrick or trying to make a life with Jason (who she loves) but who is basically now Jake (who Sam doesn't like).

I would still expect in the end that Sam and Jason would end up back together but it wouldn't all be so predestined and in my opinion would be a lot more interesting to watch.

I'm not disagreeing with any of this.  My point was in regard to whether JT should feel obligated to pimp Samtrick, like there's any remote possibility they will be the end game couple here.  The outcome shouldn't be so glaringly obvious to any viewer, but it is, so he'd look ridiculous trying to convince viewers that there's any significant chance that this is a couple built for the long haul. 

• Love 3

Seriously, show? For a couple that's been together for 2 minutes?

What an interesting story choice that has never.happened.before. Huh. Why now? /sarcasm. I'm laughing at how obviously intentional this is. So lemme get this whole story arc straight. Robin loses her entire family and is eventually a prisoner for over a year to save Jason's life for his family. Liz turns into a crazy psycho to keep Jason to herself. Nik turns into a selfish, evildoer attempted murderer. Meanwhile, Sam has a perfect life with Anna, Patrick, Emma, Danny, and soon will get Jason dropped on her lap. Must be nice. Again, a heartwarming tale to never sacrifice or save lives! Did I get that right?

• Love 4