Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: My Big Fat Baby

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Kid said:

Excuse me. I had two parents and my family was not healthy.  I would take one good parent over two bad ones any day. The issue here is not the child not having a dad. The issue here is a narcissistic,  histrionic, addict having a child to raise.

I didn't mean that 2 parents = healthy family. The healthy was supposed to be another qualifier for what the ideal family is supposed to be. 

• Love 4
On 3/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, 3girlsforus said:

Oh yea. Buddy delivers a bombshell. He tells her he was a bad boyfriend and he doesn’t want to date her anymore. Such stunning information I’m not sure  I’m going to know how to handle it. 

To me the bombshell would be that he cheated on her -  was dating others while dating her.  She seemed completely nonplussed by this, which I find odd -- unless it was untrue.  I'd be taking myself off for some STD testing, if it were me.

• Love 8
On 3/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, aliya said:

That's what it is! I couldn't put my finger on it, but it's the defying nature of much of her interaction with her parents. Like a 15 yr old. At this age, Twit should be starting to see that her parents may be right about some things. I don't find them to be terrible people and they have tried to do their best by her, tho they may have overdone it a bit and are too coddling when they need a firmer hand - or to step back and let her flounder on her own. 

I'm going to be a contrarian here and say I agree with Glenn about getting married and having children in that order. I was a young widow. I know what it is to be a single mom - but my son and I started from the right place - two parents, together. We diminish men in our attempts to support women. We make fun of men in commercials and the movies, and then wonder why they play video games until they're 35 and avoid commitment. Especially in the black community, having a father in the home is becoming a rarity.  Single parenthood is a primary cause of female poverty. Can single mothers can raise wonderful children, of course, but it shouldn't be the first choice and isn't the best for the child or for society. All that said, I'd have more respect for Twit if she adopted an older child and not a baby. 

Finally - folks, put the phones down! Look at the balloons and the life around you through your own eyes, not the camera lens.

I like what you said here.  I also think, for a very, very, very long time (3 or 4 decades) little boys have not had male role models in their lives to model to grow up to be men.  Sorry if that offends some.  But whether single parent households with missing dads was a choice or a matter of  life, the effect was still the same: boys without good male role models to live with, day in and day out, to look up to, and emulate. And now we are seeing these little boys today -- the 35 year old men who play video games all day, or have committment issues, or maturity issues, etc.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

To me the bombshell would be that he cheated on her -  was dating others while dating her.  She seemed completely nonplussed by this, which I find odd -- unless it was untrue.  I'd be taking myself off for some STD testing, if it were me.

I theorized in my recap post that she wasn't actually official with Buddy at the time he was "dating other women." He said he was stringing Heather along at that point, but that doesn't mean they were still officially in a relationship. My guess is that they had broken up but he'd still do the late-night "I miss you" texts on occasion.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

UGH - this kind of stuff makes me roll my eyes so hard I nearly fall over. The comment sounds on the face of it like a great thing. Someone with a body that is not considered ideal has self-esteem and joy in herself regardless of whether someone looks at her and says she doesn't measure up (no pun intended). But then you realize it's Whitney saying these things. The problem is that she can NOT dance with reckless abandon. She can barely wiggle for a couple of minutes without gasping for air. She doesn't frolic in her bikini. She slogs along the sand, winded from the trek. She doesn't demand love and respect - she hurls herself at anyone in the vicinity demanding attention and physical contact in the most inappropriate ways which shows no love or respect for either the person on the receiving end or herself. 

Very good comment.  You nailed it.  She may dance with reckless abandon, frolic in the sand (this one cracked me up!!! Frolic  lol)  Now here is what she should have said:

"I am unable to walk without getting winded, have sleep apnea, I have painful knees and feet, I have panic attacks.  I need help putting on my shoes.  I cannot wipe my own ass.  I need people to apply chub rub cream on my inner thighs.  I have trouble bending over to clean litter boxes.  I do not fit in typical restaurant booths or chairs.  I am unable to keep a job. I need 2 seats to sit on an airplane. " 

I know many of you could add to this "actual list" of wonderful things about her life.  She is in denial.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

However, she has left out the true positive alternative, which would be to find a healthy lifestyle of eating and exercise, that brings her weight down to something that is manageable and gives her dignity and real freedom.  Notice also that in her "three things" of the woman that she is now, she does not have healthy, which you would have expected given her initial premise of having been unhealthy.  Also, she uses "weight-loss disguised as 'self-improvement'" as another strawman, because she knows that "weight loss as achieving health for a better qualify of life" isn't a mean-old fat-shaming bogeyman phrase, so she can't use it.         

Amen.

She excuses her obesity in lots of ways.  It's the PCOS.  It's a middle finger to society's oppressive beauty norms.  It's either this fabulous fatness or bulimia.  It's never health/quality of life.  Oh what am I saying there were a couple of episodes in a previous season where she was sliding down the slippery slope into diabetes if she didn't make lifestyle changes and she got involved with Will the trainer to lose a few pounds.  But that's it.  Not a mention of it since and I'm willing to bet she gained back everything she lost working with him.

But, yeah lets just eat a bag of Cheetos and plan to adopt a baby.

• Love 9

I also think, for a very, very, very long time (3 or 4 decades) little boys have not had male role models in their lives to model to grow up to be men.  Sorry if that offends some. 

It doesn't offend me - I just don't agree that a traditional family with a mom and a dad is the only - or even always the best way to raise children. There are a lot of ways to have positive, healthy, strong families. There are plenty of ways to screw kids up who have two opposite sex parents raising them. 

• Love 11

My thoughts about Buddy & Tal:

Buddy may have moved to another state, but he's still under Twit's thrall -- becuz of the MBFFL $$$ & nice vacays. After he moved to Charleston, he was still visiting Twit -- we saw him in one of her FB live videos. He went on the 2017 cruise; he's scheduled for the 2018 cruise. If he really wants to recover, he needs to get out from under MBFFL. But he won't.

I absolutely believe Tal is now living in Twit's attic. We saw him in Twit's FB live videos last year, including one where he came in the front door without knocking. (You don't do that if you don't live there.) Tal is completely under Twit's spell, has become her live-in poodle. And I still think it's becuz he wasn't in the Cool Gang in their h.s., so he's making up for it in his 30s.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

I like what you said here.  I also think, for a very, very, very long time (3 or 4 decades) little boys have not had male role models in their lives to model to grow up to be men.  Sorry if that offends some.  But whether single parent households with missing dads was a choice or a matter of  life, the effect was still the same: boys without good male role models to live with, day in and day out, to look up to, and emulate. And now we are seeing these little boys today -- the 35 year old men who play video games all day, or have committment issues, or maturity issues, etc.

My brother in law turned out like this, and his dad was there the whole time. The other 2 boys didn't have issues.

• Love 8

As an aside, the conversation about Piggy's ashes and people's reminiscing about their pets reminded me that it's possible to have a very small amount of ashes made into jewellery - it takes only about a spoonful to make a piece of memorial glass. There's a really expensive process for turning ash into a created diamond, literally thousands of dollars. But a few miles from where I live is a craft village where a company called Ashes Into Glass will make ashes into jewellery or paperweights. They are beautiful, affordable, and you can even help make your own glass to be made into a ring, pendant, brooch, etc. My cousin had some of her late husband's ashes made into the most gorgeous paperweight.

https://ashesintoglass.co.uk/

There are similar companies in the USA, here's a selection.

http://gratefulglass.com/

http://artfulashes.com/

https://www.lockedinart.com/

It's a way to keep your pet in your home or with you all the time, in a way that's much nicer than just a box or an urn of ashes.

• Love 7

The look that Twit gave her parents when they dared to poo-poo her idiotic adoption plan chilled my bones. It reminded me of my piece of shit narcissistic ex when I displeased him. A look that says, "You will be punished for daring to defy me!"

I loved Todd's reaction to the adoption idea. Todd the Dance Friend: Unlikely Voice of Reason!

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Nmarie33 said:

The look that Twit gave her parents when they dared to poo-poo her idiotic adoption plan chilled my bones. It reminded me of my piece of shit narcissistic ex when I displeased him. A look that says, "You will be punished for daring to defy me!"

Yep. I have no doubt that she's a vindictive bitch. She goes into a rage on anybody who says the slightest little thing on her SM - and that's people she doesn't even know. I bet her barnacles (oh excuse me, her good friends) are constantly apologizing for every little transgression.

Except Todd, I think he's just freaking over it. He says whatever the hell he wants, ha ha ha!

3 hours ago, Dot said:

Buddy may have moved to another state, but he's still under Twit's thrall -- becuz of the MBFFL $$$ & nice vacays. After he moved to Charleston, he was still visiting Twit -- we saw him in one of her FB live videos. He went on the 2017 cruise; he's scheduled for the 2018 cruise. If he really wants to recover, he needs to get out from under MBFFL. But he won't.

I wonder what his counselors in rehab told him about this toxic relationship. Anybody worth their salt would've told him he needs to get the hell away from her.

• Love 9

Whitney was such an actually terrible person this episode I really don't want to get my blood-pressure up going in on her for it.

So, I'll confine my observations to the further evidence of her her arrested maturation.  She's, what?  33?  34?  And she want's to see if Buddy is "avail"?  And she thinks something is going to "amaze"?  Fuck you, Whitney.  Fuck you and the Medicare-approved mobility scooter you rode in on.

And, did I hear Tal actually surprised that there's fire involved in hot-air balloons?  Maybe those two are cut out for each other.  

I hope Glenn is Roman Catholic.  Because then at least he could attribute the last 3 years of his life to time worked off Purgatory.  

• Love 20
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Ketzel said:

I think she was hoping Buddy would definitively assure her that he and Heather were permanently over, which she would take as encouragement that Buddy would eventually want to be with her.

Aha~ I know she has the hots for him...so yes, another way to get to the stated goal

• Love 2
On 3/20/2018 at 10:37 PM, Elizzikra said:

I like Tal but I thought that was weird. I, too, wonder why he gave up his cute little house to go live in the Giant Litter Box. Maybe he had roommates we never saw? Broke up with a SO he was living with? Thought he'd save some cash by renting a room? I'd need a pretty significant type of motivation to move into that house.

I'm guessing it's just a storyline, like everything else. Tal is nit living with Whit and there is no plan to adopt. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Except Todd, I think he's just freaking over it. He says whatever the hell he wants, ha ha ha!

Did you see her face when he was laughing at her giant litter box house? Oh man, she was PISSED. You could see her mentally trying to decide which manipulative tool to pull from her toolbox to get him back in line: should she play hurt and cry? Should she berate him? Should she give him the silent treatment? What I wouldn’t give to see the unedited clip, to see her response. Todd is literally the only person in her life who tells her the truth and it’s pretty glorious. 

• Love 20
On 3/21/2018 at 5:59 PM, Mothra said:

Just for fun:

" The woman I am now can dance with reckless abandon. She can frolic in a bikini. She can demand love and respect that is not contingent on her dress size. The woman I am now can LIVE, knowing that I am completely deserving of every single wonderful thing this world has to offer."

Life&Style Magazine, Jan. 2, 2018

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-way-thore-124049/photos/whitney-way-thore-skinny-3-228422

Well just gag

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Did you see her face when he was laughing at her giant litter box house? Oh man, she was PISSED. You could see her mentally trying to decide which manipulative tool to pull from her toolbox to get him back in line: should she play hurt and cry? Should she berate him? Should she give him the silent treatment? What I wouldn’t give to see the unedited clip, to see her response. Todd is literally the only person in her life who tells her the truth and it’s pretty glorious. 

That was my absolute favorite part of the episode. And he looked like he was enjoying it too. I wonder how long he’s thought these things but has been encouraged to filter. He looked like someone who was finally free from control. 

• Love 14
On 3/16/2018 at 7:01 PM, mybuddyspence said:

Did you ever see the episode of "Fraser", when Niles carried around a bag of flour for a day to see if he was ready for a baby? By the end of the day the bag had fallen into a pool, was burned by a fire and was covered with band aids. 

"A real baby would have cried before it burst into flames" LOL 

• Love 8
On 3/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I followed the link and read the article.  She said the following: "The girl in this photo was supremely UNhealthy. This girl struggled with eating disorders — an endless cycle of purging and restriction motivated by the BMI that defined her 5'2" 140-lb body as overweight, peers who mocked her for being fat, and a society that asserted that thinner was always better.  The woman I am now is not a before picture; she is not a person driven by weight-loss disguised as 'self-improvement.' The woman I am now is three things: sublimely joyful, grateful, and free."

She is using a persuasion technique that can be very convincing if you're not watching for it, called a strawman argument.  Basically, she has created the position that the fat, empowered woman who does not care about her weight that she is now, is so much better than the thinner-but-unhealthy-in-many-ways woman that society supposedly dictates to be superior, which she was earlier in her life (the strawman).  By falsely making it appear that the only choice is between those two extremes, she can demonize the strawman, and glorify her alternative.  However, she has left out the true positive alternative, which would be to find a healthy lifestyle of eating and exercise, that brings her weight down to something that is manageable and gives her dignity and real freedom.  Notice also that in her "three things" of the woman that she is now, she does not have healthy, which you would have expected given her initial premise of having been unhealthy.  Also, she uses "weight-loss disguised as 'self-improvement'" as another strawman, because she knows that "weight loss as achieving health for a better qualify of life" isn't a mean-old fat-shaming bogeyman phrase, so she can't use it.         

Ummm. She can "dance with reckless abandon": What, 20 seconds before she has to sit down or because something hurts or she's out of breath?

"Frolic" in a bikini? FROLIC? More like lumber down the beach almost getting stuck in a Whitney-created quicksand. 

IDIOT. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
On 3/22/2018 at 10:42 PM, Alapaki said:

Fuck you and the Medicare-approved mobility scooter you rode in on.

This made me laugh so hard it hurt! Now THIS comment right here is what "fabulous" REALLY is! 

• Love 9
On 3/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, Brooks said:

The mortgage documents are public documents.  You can view them online.  They show that Glenn signed on as guarantor, so probably Whitney did not qualify based on her own income.

Yup. Also, as the recent recession has shown us (if we didn't know it before), a college degree is no guarantor of a job. 

• Love 5
On 3/21/2018 at 12:37 PM, ClareWalks said:

My father is a textbook narcissist. We have been estranged for nearly 20 years. He will never change because he thinks he is perfect. Whitney would be a HORRIBLE mother, JUST based on the narcissism alone. That's not to even mention that her obesity has crippled her to the degree that she cannot care for herself, not even to mention that the one time she took care of a baby on the show (babysitting for an hour), it was clearly overwhelming for her and she was overdramatic about changing a diaper.

Serious question here - what would you say are the differences between a diagnosed narcissist and an immature, coddled young person?  Many young adults are beyond stupid when it comes to serious life matters, but usually manage to get it together when they have to and as they mature. Is there no hope for Twit? (I'm not going to bet the mortgage money on it...) 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Serious question here - what would you say are the differences between a diagnosed narcissist and an immature, coddled young person?  Many young adults are beyond stupid when it comes to serious life matters, but usually manage to get it together when they have to and as they mature. Is there no hope for Twit? (I'm not going to bet the mortgage money on it...) 

I think the difference is a narcissist sees other people as supporting characters in the movie of their life, not as real people with their own lives and feelings. I truly believe Whitney is a narcissist, possibly with other accompanying personality disorders. But yeah, definitely a spoiled brat too ;)

• Love 10
On 3/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, Madding crowd said:

So many children live every day with horrible abuse-having a fat mother is not the worst thing that can happen. I don't think it will really happen but her child would have loving grandparents and lots of people to love him/her. I would rather have a fat kind mom that an abusive skinny one. And as a teacher I have seen every kind of parents- thin, fat, rich, poor, blind and deaf. The only children who do really badly are the ones with mean neglecting parents, even the poorest kids thrive if they are loved. 

I think I've mentioned it here or on M6PL that my mother was huge; certainly 300+ pounds in an era when you didn't see that as frequently as you do today. It's not the 'fat mom' that's an issue. My mother was also a teacher and a responsible person (OK, maybe not so much with money, but we each have our issues). Twit isn't responsible. She can't keep a job - even a made up jobs like being an radio intern or working with the Fitness dude. She's not even consistent with her own dance class business. She can't take care of her house or her animals. There are a number of reasons why people don't want Twit to adopt; they aren't all centered around her weight. 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I think the difference is a narcissist sees other people as supporting characters in the movie of their life, not as real people with their own lives and feelings. I truly believe Whitney is a narcissist, possibly with other accompanying personality disorders. But yeah, definitely a spoiled brat too ;)

I agree. We see this kind of behavior a lot with Whitney. Everything is seen through the lens of WhitneyWorld. It may be a little skewed since what we see really is her friends playing supporting roles in the TV show of her life. But when you look and what she says and how she reacts, it’s narcissism. Buddy’s addiction is about her. Tal’s father dying is a about her. Her parents’ anniversary trip is about her. Ashley’s baby is about her. Buddy and Heather’s breakup is about her. She never speaks of these events in a way that even recognizes the people who are truly involved in those events. It takes it beyond using the events for the show and into the narcissism realm. 

• Love 10

I have a relative that is probably in the mid-300s, well-educated with a responsible job, married for nearly 40 years and raised an awesome child. Her being overweight  was never an issue when it came to raising her child or being a wife. She is always impeccable. Hair, makeup and clothing are always on point. She stands out for how good she always looks, better than a lot of the smaller people in a room. She is gracious, kind and smart. She Isn’t less of a mother because she is overweight.  I worry we are entering the territory of Whitney’s weight would make her a bad mother. Skinner mother doesn’t equal better mother at all. Weight is the less of the problems I have with Whitney. 

I don’t think Glenn is stressing about having grandkids, I think he is stressing about the fact his adult daughter doesn’t seem to want to be a full adult and all that it entails. I bet if Whitney was working a regular professional job, had a 401k, a house she purchased without his help and didn’t go around sniffing random people and animals, he wouldn’t be talking about her getting married and having children now. I think he knows she is likely done bringing in a self-supporting income once this show is over. I can’t see Whitney ever going to work at a normal job and how many jobs are there for former reality/YouTube stars who want to scratch and sniff everyone? She can’t work in an office because she won’t get attention anymore. 

Glenn doesn’t want her to have a kid now because he is likely afraid is will be financially supporting it. Hell, how is she going to make mortgage payments when this show is over? 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I worry we are entering the territory of Whitney’s weight would make her a bad mother. Skinner mother doesn’t equal better mother at all. Weight is the less of the problems I have with Whitney. 

But many of us have said, that weight isn't why we think she'd be a bad mother, although it does limit her mobility.
It's her constant focus on herself, what she wants, and her expecting all of her circle to cater to Whitney. 
Anyone else in her life, seems to be destined to be a supporting player.

2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

, I think he is stressing about the fact his adult daughter doesn’t seem to want to be a full adult and all that it entails. I bet if Whitney was working a regular professional job, had a 401k, a house she purchased without his help and didn’t go around sniffing random people and animals, he wouldn’t be talking about her getting married and having children now.

This may be the case, and marriage and family is his idea of adulthood.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, aliya said:

I read once that a narcissist sees everyone as a toddler does - here to serve ME!  And if not useful are of no consequence.  Spoiled young people can usually still put themselves in another's shoes when asked, and step up to things when necessary.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

I worry we are entering the territory of Whitney’s weight would make her a bad mother. Skinner mother doesn’t equal better mother at all. Weight is the less of the problems I have with Whitney. 

In my opinion, it's not her weight that makes Twit a poor candidate to be a mom. Her issues, granted some are related to her weight, make me question her ability to be a good mother. She's very self-focused. It doesn't matter what the situation is, she makes it about herself. Just look at her media posts about Tal's father's death. She made them about her instead of about Tal. Buddy's rehab and then transition to Charleston, she made about herself. She was going to be "devastated" if he didn't leave rehab early to go on vacation with her. I would worry that a child wouldn't get to have the attention they need. Meanwhile, she has mobility and stamina issues. We've seen that she cannot reach between her legs to apply "chub-rub" cream. There's some question about her ability to reach other things. She was clearly unable or unwilling to complete the 8k that was shortened, taking over 2 1/2 hours of hysterical fit throwing. She's thrown temper tantrums when she's not happy. Look at the end of the 8k, look at her attitude when confronted about the cookie by Will in her car, or how she reacts to Glenn when he tries to help, buying smaller containers to store food. She clearly doesn't know how to cook in a healthy manner judging by things she's stated and the food she's prepared on camera. Kids are active. You need to have stamina to keep up with them. You also need to be able to bend and reach and get on the floor with them. You have to be a positive role model in all things. Twit wouldn't be a good role model. She lacks the maturity to show a kid how to go along to get along because she doesn't know how to go along to get along. She also would struggle with her mobility issues to keep up with a kid. Unfortunately, she seems to be one bad injury from being bedbound. We've seen what happens when a bedbound individual raises a kid on My 600 lb Life with Penny and others. The kids end up raising themselves or being caretakers for their parents. We've also seen that she expects Glenn to go shopping for her. That level of co-dependence doesn't bode well for her ability to raise a kid on her own. Finally, she's very flighty. She seems to get really into something for 5 minutes and then drops it. Kids are a lifetime commitment. She can't pawn them off when she gets bored with them. Those are the reasons I think she's not a good candidate for motherhood.

• Love 23

I'm late but someone needs to make a gif of Todd's face when Whit pretty much says she's serious about adopting a baby with Tal. The range of emotions he goes through is glorious and sums up perfectly how most of us feel watching the show.

• Love 8
On 3/21/2018 at 11:11 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

My thoughts on what Whitney could offer a child include a great capacity for love. I feel that from her and she demonstrates that  within her family and friend circle. To me, she's devoted to her tribe and when I see acting out, I chalk some of it up to the nature of them being on a reality show and we all know how NOT real that is.  I also think that she's intelligent, curious minded and prone to ensure a child receive not only love, protection, education, medical care, dental care, shelter, transportation, cultural diversity, etc. She also is accepting and would be able to accept and support a child in their individuality, as well as have a great support system with her family and friends.   Negatives would include her risk of health issues, lack of insight and exercise on proper nutrition, lack of stamina and mobility, and poor reflection on how the needs of pets don't supersede those of children. I see these things overlooking what her role and script is for the tv show.  Some of those things are staged, imo and I don't put much weight on them. I try to focus on what seems to be genuine and that's her heart and I find that solid quality.  

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Donna is her caretaker. When did that occur?  She could need one in the future though and that's a concern. 

I'm including my earlier post so it makes sense. 

On 3/23/2018 at 1:52 PM, Emma C said:

Whitney, is this you?

That's pretty funny! I admit that maybe, I'm a little biased.  We are both Carolina girls.  lol  But, I think I'm rather even handed, thus my comments in boldface.  I think I'm pretty realistic about things.  Sometimes, you take the bad with the good. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I don't see it as lack of insight on proper nutrition.  That would suggest correctable ignorance.  It would mean she had heard nothing from Will or the medical clinics or her parents.  Rather, it's total and intentional denial, which she will be more than willing to apply to any fetus or child.

• Love 8
On 3/22/2018 at 2:47 PM, shoovenbooty said:

I like how Whitney automatically shuts the person down when they wonder if it might be their cat, Mr. Bingley. "He couldn't be your cat, he doesn't look like he's been lost for long enough. I wasn't really looking for his owner, just wanted attention for myself, so I'm keeping him!"

We had a big, fat, fluffy orange cat hanging out in our neighborhood and taking up residence in my neighbor's  window sill for 6 months before somebody could catch him and take him to a shelter. Nobody in the neighborhood knew whose cat he was, but he sure got around. Looked healthy the whole time, too.

Not only does she shut that guy down, she also says “proof of ownership required” WTF?! How are you supposed to do that? Show her a picture? Vet records?  I’m with you, she had no intention of giving him up in the first place, it’s just a bid for attention and adoration for her “ humanitarianism “ for taking in this poor little kitty and giving it a good (?) home.

• Love 12

Maybe that's part of what bugs me about Glenn? Both of those things should require adulthood but neither of them actually conveys adulthood to the participants...

“proof of ownership required” WTF?! How are you supposed to do that? Show her a picture? Vet records?

I volunteer with a rescue and we require proof of ownership before someone gives up a dog to us (because only the legal owner of an animal can relinquish ownership). In the absence of a chip, vet records would be proof of ownership - those include (usually) a sufficiently accurate description of the pet in question to verify its identity. I don't blame her for requiring proof of ownership. There are plenty of bad people out there who claim "lost" pets and then use them for nefarious purposes like bait for dog fighting rings, etc.

• Love 3
On 3/24/2018 at 9:35 PM, auntjess said:

But many of us have said, that weight isn't why we think she'd be a bad mother, although it does limit her mobility.
It's her constant focus on herself, what she wants, and her expecting all of her circle to cater to Whitney. 
Anyone else in her life, seems to be destined to be a supporting player.

Maybe that is the only way he can express himself infront of the cameras without giving Shitney a full dress down on "just grow up now!"

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I volunteer with a rescue and we require proof of ownership before someone gives up a dog to us (because only the legal owner of an animal can relinquish ownership). In the absence of a chip, vet records would be proof of ownership - those include (usually) a sufficiently accurate description of the pet in question to verify its identity. .

I have a calico girl and her orange tabby brother.  The calico has probably a dozen or more unique features.  Her brother really has none aside from the shade of orange (a cinnamon marmalade) that might not come true in a photo.  Nothing unique in his vet records because he's so healthy.  My only proof would be I'm the only person he's socialized to.  Since Steve Purrwin hasn't been neutered, he might not have an extensive vet record either, and as we know, no chip.  And he'll obviously suck up to anyone.  These orange kitties are tough.  I hope Whitney doesn't have that guy's cat.  She might at least have offered a way for him to determine if SP is his and to demonstrate it if so.  Otherwise, why advertise you found a lost kitty?  He's so friendly, he must have belonged to someone.

• Love 2