Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, RealitytvLover said:

? Makes me wonder if Bravo did it on purpose. The timing couldn't have been more perfect! 

I have wondered if this was the case.  When she went off on Eileen, it was bad, but she seemed a little unhinged.  When she went off on Teddi, she was just mean.  She wasn’t shedding tears, she just compounded it by saying additional nasty things.  The fact that this episode aired when she’s trying to drum up interest in her book is really interesting.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

I am a mental health nurse and cannot diagnose however, there is something amiss IMO with a grown ass woman with such impulsive and unproportioned rage reactions. 

I didn't think Erika's "rage reactions" were even half as intense as Kyle screaming and dropping "f bombs" in a planned attack on Dorit in NYC.  Kyle continuing her rage and calling LVP a ass kisser  certainly surpassed anything Erika has ever said and done.  This isn't Kyle's first rage incident-Season 1 in NY she raged on Camille and called her a "fucking liar". Maybe it is just the air in NY that causes Kyle to have these outbursts.

I am beginning to think if one cries, they get a pass.  Had Erika broken down and started crying about Teddi implying she was a liar-again, I think she would not have had the response.  Apparently, on this show if you cry, Dorit is required to rush to your side, because she can't stand tears and you can say pretty much anything and the viewing world sides with you.

• Love 3

It just occurred to me that Erika’s wishy-washy “Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t, I don’t remember” implies that Teddi could have been lying, as well. From Teddi’s perspective, I can see how that would be upsetting given how highly she regards herself when it comes to honesty/accountability. Her making the remark about “pretend amnesia” was an expression of this anger and frustration, I believe. It wasn’t right, but I get it.

Erika’s angry reaction, on the other hand, was exponentially outsized in comparison to Teddi’s. Teddi’s reaction was more what someone would expect in a conversation like that, not Erika’s scary blow-up. And this is from a (former? We’ll see if/how she gives an apology) fan of Erika.

Edited by link417
DAMN IPHONE!
  • Love 22
13 hours ago, missyb said:

This episode actually really bothered me. Why ? Because, unfortunately, Erika was not wrong for jumping on Teddi about basically accusing her of being a liar and having convenient amnesia. I hate to have to say that Erika was right in telling her not to do that again. But wrong for coming at anyone that aggressively. Especially someone she works with.

Dorit , with Erika having her back, was primed to go after Teddi as well. Her new partner in crime is Erika, not LVP.

And LVP, I really loved her this episode. I saw genuine compassion for someone else. She tried to get Dorit to back off but Dorit was not having it. LVP is usually content to let the ladies go after each other.

When Teddi and Lisa R were getting mani pedi's , you could see Teddi a little taken aback by RInna saying she and Dorit had a real nice dinner together and were real "good".  The look on her face said, oh my, you don't know how she really talks about you and sees you. I get her wanting to tell Lisa and Lisa assured her it was okay , that was months ago. I thought she bravely told Dorit that she had revealed that conversation to Rinna.

I see Dorit being very upset with Teddi because Dorit really likes to put her mistakes behind her ( its a joke) and have everyone move on. And, in some cases everyone should move on. But Teddi put it back on the table and she was pissed. 

And Eileen Davidsons complete disbelief and and barely contained hilarity at Erika and Lisa being "good" with Dorit was perfect. 

Lastly, I constantly feel manipulated by the show. The fact that anyone cares enough to have a major blow up over a conversation months ago just does not seem that realistic. Especially  that particular one. I did not like you much 6 months ago, but now, I find I do like you. End of storyline.

And lastly, another horrible admission, I kind of like the way Dorit turns a phrase. " I believe  we have celebrated, well enough".

I do think she was completely within her right to tell Teddi not to call her a liar if that is how she read what Teddi was saying.  It was her over the top venom and lack of empathy of hurting someone where she lost me and she showed her ass.  She also, as mentioned, asked a really loaded and mean question about how Teddi felt in this group or some such BS.  Here is what I think.  Tom had taken her down a few notches recently and she lashed out at the one person she felt greater than.  You know she isn't a power player in her marriage so she has to shit on people to make herself feel better.  I really hope she fucked her book sales.  

• Love 24
On 3/14/2018 at 8:37 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Geez. How snide was Erika when Dorit told her that Teddi and LVP are becoming closer friends. “Because of the riding horses thing,” or whatever she said, while lowering her eyelids.

Damn--wasn't that shitty?!?  She really is a bitch. 

On 3/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, SweetieDarling said:

Coming in second place was Dorit getting mad at Teddi for repeating a few words "said in passing" about Rinna at the non-Moroccan rice served on Hermes dishes dinner...The dinner conversation was dominated by the Kemsleys trashing Rinna.

I actually yelled at the tv when Dorit said that and I wish Teddi and called her out on it.  The Rinna comments were not something said in passing at all--they were purposefully trying to sway Teddi's opinion of Rinna. 

If anyone listens to Heather MacDonald's Juicy Scoop podcast she has an interview with Teddi from March 6th.  I'm an intermittent listener of the podcast mainly because I think Heather tries too hard and just comes off as really desperate to be cast on one of the RH shows  (plus she gets some basic info wrong like people's names), but I do recommend a listen especially if you like Teddi.  She talks about her business, her past and how terrified she was to tell her dad than she was going to be on RH.  :) 

• Love 12

Kyle’s meltdowns are about what she truly considers problems within genuine relationships with people who she feels aren’t reciprocating, she really feels betrayed and there’s a slightly pathetic vulnerability going on. Erica is like a malfunctioning pleasurebot.   

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I do think she was completely within her right to tell Teddi not to call her a liar if that is how she read what Teddi was saying.  It was her over the top venom and lack of empathy of hurting someone where she lost me and she showed her ass.  She also, as mentioned, asked a really loaded and mean question about how Teddi felt in this group or some such BS.  Here is what I think.  Tom had taken her down a few notches recently and she lashed out at the one person she felt greater than.  You know she isn't a power player in her marriage so she has to shit on people to make herself feel better.  I really hope she fucked her book sales.  

I am still wondering who in the world would be interested in a book by Erika (or rather her ghost writer). Even when I liked her (and I no longer do) I had no interest in her "life story". I prefer to read bios of people who are more accomplished, or at least deep. And how interesting that the name on the cover is Erika Jayne - how is that not pretending when you don't even use your real name on an autobiography - lol.

I did laugh when I read a quote of Erika saying she invented Erika Jayne as she was bored, and basically just another rich bitch with a plane. No Erika, Tom is a rich lawyer with a plane. You are his wife. 

I love Kyle's new house, but hate the black and white floors. It was so much more beautiful and elegant when it had the hardwood floors. If I were Kyle I would be ripping the tiles out, but that is not likely to happen since they put the same ugly floors (only shiny apparently) in the house they just sold. Other than ugly foyer floors, I think both houses are gorgeous. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I didn't think Erika's "rage reactions" were even half as intense as Kyle screaming and dropping "f bombs" in a planned attack on Dorit in NYC.  Kyle continuing her rage and calling LVP a ass kisser  certainly surpassed anything Erika has ever said and done.  This isn't Kyle's first rage incident-Season 1 in NY she raged on Camille and called her a "fucking liar". Maybe it is just the air in NY that causes Kyle to have these outbursts.

I am beginning to think if one cries, they get a pass.  Had Erika broken down and started crying about Teddi implying she was a liar-again, I think she would not have had the response.  Apparently, on this show if you cry, Dorit is required to rush to your side, because she can't stand tears and you can say pretty much anything and the viewing world sides with you.

Yes, Kyle has had her meltdowns! LOL That said, as bad as they are, they have never been aggressive in nature (except her fight with Kim in the limo) like Erika's are. 

I think Erika might have had more support had she not said what she did in her TH, the crybaby/no apology ever showed her ass more than anything else IMO. This is the second time this season that she has gotten nasty with Teddi over something someone else (Dorit) started without her asking exactly what she (Teddi) said/meant as well. 

• Love 21
17 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Kyle has had her meltdowns! LOL That said, as bad as they are, they have never been aggressive in nature (except her fight with Kim in the limo) like Erika's are. 

I think Erika might have had more support had she not said what she did in her TH, the crybaby/no apology ever showed her ass more than anything else IMO. This is the second time this season that she has gotten nasty with Teddi over something someone else (Dorit) started without her asking exactly what she (Teddi) said/meant as well. 

Yeah they are more whiny and out of hurt.  The only time I have felt she was purposely trying to hurt someone was Brandi and she didn't really do it to her face.  I also cannot compare Teddi and Brandi.  

People can forgive you for losing your shit and acting badly if you can see you have hurt someone and you apologize/acknowledge it but if you double down?  Nah

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am still wondering who in the world would be interested in a book by Erika (or rather her ghost writer). Even when I liked her (and I no longer do) I had no interest in her "life story". I prefer to read bios of people who are more accomplished, or at least deep. And how interesting that the name on the cover is Erika Jayne - how is that not pretending when you don't even use your real name on an autobiography - lol.

I did laugh when I read a quote of Erika saying she invented Erika Jayne as she was bored, and basically just another rich bitch with a plane. No Erika, Tom is a rich lawyer with a plane. You are his wife. 

I love Kyle's new house, but hate the black and white floors. It was so much more beautiful and elegant when it had the hardwood floors. If I were Kyle I would be ripping the tiles out, but that is not likely to happen since they put the same ugly floors (only shiny apparently) in the house they just sold. Other than ugly foyer floors, I think both houses are gorgeous. 

I love those floors....so "old Hollywood".  :)

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I love those floors....so "old Hollywood".  :)

I wouldn't like them in any house, but they wouldn't stand out to me so much if they were in an ostentatious home, like Heather Dubrow's 20,000 sq ft mega mansion. Even at 10,000 sq feet Kyle's house is large, but has a cozy feel like her old home. I am surprised that they put them in their old home, where they do not fit at all IMO. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think it has anything to do with tears. People still called out Erika for the way she handled Eileen last season and she ended up in tears after that confrontation. I couldn't stand Eileen at all last season and even I thought Erika's anger was extreme. Understanding why someone would feel a certain way about something doesn't equate to giving them a pass when they confront things poorly. I don't equate aggression with f bombs or even raised voices. Of course, aggressive behaviour may be somewhat interpretative but I think Erika's anger/hurt is conveyed in a more menacing manner. As much f bombs as Kyle drops, I don't find her threatening. I find her emotional and dramatic. Erika I think is a bit threatening in her approach when angry - like her rage is just constantly simmering and occasionally she lets it boil over.

• Love 19
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Apples and oranges to me. 

3 hours ago, gingerella said:

The difference is that Teddi is a decent human being and Erika? Well, I'm still not sure she's not a bot, but she definitely is a mofo bitch to the millionth power. I'm always amazed at just how much YMMV plays into many people watching the same show.

As for Kyle being as angry and violent as Erika, I think not. Not even close. Not even when she called Camille a liar. Kyle's anger boils over when her sixth grade mean girl persona breaks, is just a silly cow whinging over bullshit that she many times was the catalyst of. When Erika explodes, it is an eruption of anger that is overly disproportionate to the situation she is responding to, and more disturbingly, she displays an undercurrent of possible violence in how she threatens when she is trying to shut someone up. It is really scary for me to watch, and I think in real time, it must be very jarring and make others feel like they might be in physical danger with this nutbar. To be honest, I would love for someone to stand up to Erika's bullshit outbursts and tell her her reaction isn't commensurate with the situation. Or Teddi could have simply said, I remember you saying that, if you dont remember, you dont remember but I remember. And then just fucking leave. Bitch aint right! (and by bitch, I mean Erika).

This.

• Love 11

I know Erika, LisaR,  now Dorit like to say Teddy is LisaV's new pet ( does that mean Dorit was the pet last year?) 

But i think it's mostly because Lisa V is actually compassionate (even if she holds a grudge like a MF) She tries to be the new girls friends while Erika has been a stone cold bitch.  Lisa R has been wishy wash with Teddi and in front of the other ladies sides with Erika or Dorit against  Teddi.

Yet everyone hates on Lisa for being friendly. I guess it's getting annoying, who knows maybe Lisa V is playing a game, but she really is ride or die until they slap her in the face(hey Brandi) or betray her trust ( hey Dorit) 

At the table I think Lisa V was genuinely upset when she told Erika to stop it. Even though Erika took it as concern for herself and responded I'm fine, before continuing to attack Teddi.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Since we know Teddi was correct and she did say she would be a little pissed and or hurt. So she could have said something like. I don't recall that but yes I would have been a little hurt if you called me needy and jealous....... because, duh! who wouldn't be???? Easy answer.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Since we know Teddi was correct and she did say she would be a little pissed and or hurt. So she could have said something like. I don't recall that but yes I would have been a little hurt if you called me needy and jealous....... because, duh! who wouldn't be???? Easy answer.

I agree, especially considering that Erika got upset to the point of crying when she was told that her friends were discussing her when she left Teddi's beach house. All Erika needed to say was, I don't remember what I said but Yes, I would have been hurt, just like I was when it happened to me earlier at your house. Erika made Teddi and Kyle fess up to their comments but she refuses to admit to hers. Erika has no problem talking smack about any of the others but Heaven help those that talk smack about her, she goes ballistic!

• Love 23
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think it has anything to do with tears. People still called out Erika for the way she handled Eileen last season and she ended up in tears after that confrontation. I couldn't stand Eileen at all last season and even I thought Erika's anger was extreme. Understanding why someone would feel a certain way about something doesn't equate to giving them a pass when they confront things poorly. I don't equate aggression with f bombs or even raised voices. Of course, aggressive behaviour may be somewhat interpretative but I think Erika's anger/hurt is conveyed in a more menacing manner. As much f bombs as Kyle drops, I don't find her threatening. I find her emotional and dramatic. Erika I think is a bit threatening in her approach when angry - like her rage is just constantly simmering and occasionally she lets it boil over.

I thought Erika was a bitch to Dorit last year on the junk boat.  Rinna was just as bad.  They were foul, smug and threatening and Eileen cheering them on wasn't much better.  Kyle and LVP did nothing-except Kyle comforted Erika after she got off the boat because she was in tears.

I guess because I have always been a Kyle apologist and never really liked Erika, just because, I am surprised that all of a sudden her "steely resolve" is being equated with violence.  I have seen Kyle lose it and go after her sister, I have seen Kyle while going after her sister push Brandi, I have seen Rinna go for Kim's throat and smash a glass which was caused some collateral damage (mostly it was bad acting on RInna's part).

What I am seeing is if a character is liked or loses their mind with an unlikable character the excuses are endless.  If an unlikable or someone on the borderline defends attacks on their honesty to likable character they are unhinged and took it too far.   There are not many things worse in life than having your veracity questioned and this is the second time Teddi has questioned Erika's veracity.  Second time Teddi has insulted Erika and turned it around to be all about her.  

18 minutes ago, Higgins said:

There is no hurt and or pissed.  It is one or the other.  When you are accusing someone who was 100% on board "in the moment".  Oh wait they were two different moments.  What Erika may have said that night has nothing to do with what she may have said to Dorit one on one.  Teddi also left out how Erika had said at least twice that night she was drunk.  Instead she went with the pretend amnesia attack.  Which then she RH style apologized for Erika essentially comprehending that pretend amnesia means you are lying.

Dorit simply said at the dinner that night, "I may have said LVP gets jealous at times when I am with Kyle."  It was in response to the part of the story when LVP exited after Dorit went over to comfort Kyle.  That night at dinner Camille, Erika and Rinna all said and agreed LVP was competitive.  The only one not talking during the big reveal was Teddi.   Would LVP think being competitive with Kyle for another's friendship would be more flattering than jealous?  Add to that Kyle lied about what Teddi and Camille told her because Kyle, who admits to talking crap about Erika, said she was annoyed in a confessional, decided that Dorit's comments-which were part of the requested narrative had about zip to do with Teddi going off on Erika again over the same thing.

If I wasn't jealous I would not be bothered by the comment.  I thought LVP was correcct when she told Kyle she didn't want to raise the issue with Dorit on her night.  I also thought Kyle should have listened to Erika when she persistently asked Kyle to drop the beach house stuff.  It goes back to my original statement if one is liked they can get away with pretty much anything, including continued temper tantrums.  Of course I also think Kyle was jealous, pissed, competitive -choose the word, that LVP got Dorit the magazine cover instead of her.  

• Love 3

I don't recall which she said but, she did say one of those things. She must have contemplated it at one point because she came to a conclusion about a situation she was present for. She heard what Dorit said and she expressed she wouldn't have liked it. So I'm only considering what she herself expressed.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Honestly, am I alone in thinking that Erika was pretending that she didn't remember saying what she said? For whatever reason, she's decided to align herself with Dorit this season and it seems to me that she's been careful to not appear as if she's against Dorit in any disagreement.  If she was pretending not to remember, I think that would go a long way towards explaining her out-sized reaction to Teddi using the word "pretend." No one likes being caught red handed.

It would help if the conversations Teddi, Dorit and Erika were referencing were better defined as to time and context.  Teddi doesn't understand, although she is a fan of the one on one conversations, she cannot possibly know what the others say one on one.  The wrath comes from LVP and Kyle doing the punishing thing and publicly deriding Dorit and then acting as if they are punishing Dorit.   Rinna and Erika aren't buying it and it is frustrating to Teddi because she hears and sees LVP and Kyle and their words and actions towards Dorit.  Teddi just doesn't see how the veterans play the game.

I think this is the crux of the problem where Teddi is concerned. She either didn't watch the show before signing up for it (although I cannot fathom how anyone could agree to go on a show like this without first checking it out to see what it was about) or she just doesn't have the machiavellian instincts necessary to successfully navigate the dynamic between these women. She takes people and situations at face value and doesn't realize that she's in a game and that the others are playing their roles within it.

• Love 7

Okay Erika, I won't call you liar.  I'll call you a call girl who got lucky.  Better?

I loved how Erika was all like, "I don't remember what I said" and BAM, there's a video of her saying just what Teddi said.  

Maybe Erika's brain is going to rot from all the yak hair on top of her head.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 23
On 3/15/2018 at 6:48 PM, zoeysmom said:

When they were at Teddi's beach house the entire situation escalated after Teddi was asked if she was mad ans she said she said, "it's a little weird."  Camille kept going after Dorit for being a tattletale, which made it seem there was something said.  Erika went to the bathroom and Camille laid into Dorit again.  When Erika came out she was on the tale end of more "c*nt" talk.  Camille then said, "you should have involved all of us."  Camille then chewed out Dorit some more saying she says stuff to be important.  Camille continued to deride Dorit by saying, "if Teddi had something to say she should have said something." 

Teddi then gets defensive about being put on blast and comes back with, "we all thought it was weird."  (Kyle, Camille and Teddi talked about it being weird Dorit and LVP said nothing.)  Teddi continues, speaking in the third person, "Teddi didn't do anything wrong."  Erika starts tearing up.  Teddi then goes on to say the only thing she feels bad about is how Erika feels. Teddi approaches Erika and starts touching her arm and Erika snaps back with, "I don't need anymore petting."  Teddi melts down.  Teddi said she is upset because of the way Erika treated her and asks Erika and Erika replies, "this is me being hurt and embarrassed. I'm good."    

I am at a loss what Erika did to offend Teddi or why Teddi acted so stupidly after not getting it, in spite of seeing Erika being visibly upset over her motives being questioned and being called weird.

On to NY, Dorit during her requested narration of what Rinna missed, and said, "Kyle was very outspoken," Erika interjected with a question as to what exactly was said and before Dorit could answer, Teddi interrupted and went into her weird spiel again and then is when Erika told Teddi, "Erika is going to do whatever Erika wants to do. . . . and Erika doesn't give a fuck. . . ."  Rinna agreed with Erica and added her affirmation complete with an f-bomb.  

Essentially Teddi has the right to hurt someone, if she feels her feelings have been hurt.  Dorit is not entitled to tell someone one on one what another said, nor is suppose to do it in a group.  

Once again Kyle gets a pass for not having to be accountable for starting the mess with LVP and Dorit.

Really? Because if someone acted the way Erica acted toward Teddi after first meeting her in Vegas to me,  I'd have serious problems with her. Erica is,  using her favorite word and one I don't like,  but fits her,  a c u next Tuesday to Teddi in virtually every interaction. She's playing mean girl and it makes her look jealous and petty. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, goofygirl said:
  • OK, I give up WireWrap... Who is Brian M??

Brian Moylan, he writes the BH (and several other HW shows) recap for Vulture and he wrote Erika's book for her. We have seen him on the BH HW show twice this season, first in her apartment getting notes from her and then again in NY when Erika met with the book publishing company. He is well known for his recaps and well loved for them but he has missed the mark this season because he is showing favoritism with Erika big time and I do mean BIG TIME!

• Love 19
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I think she has. Scroll down the comments!

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Brian Moylan, he writes the BH (and several other HW shows) recap for Vulture and he wrote Erika's book for her. We have seen him on the BH HW show twice this season, first in her apartment getting notes from her and then again in NY when Erika met with the book publishing company. He is well known for his recaps and well loved for them but he has missed the mark this season because he is showing favoritism with Erika big time and I do mean BIG TIME!

One of the comments in the latest Vulture recap notes that Bryan's recap for "Big Buddha Brawl' (the episode where Erika loses her shit on Eileen) is missing. Bryan's Season 7 recaps go from Episode 15 to 17. Hmmmmm.

• Love 11
On 3/14/2018 at 12:58 AM, lunastartron said:

I have generally found Erika repugnant (although I think she's been pretty benign this season, speaking broadly) and never especially liked Dorit (but favored her arguments during season seven). 

And yet Teddi is much more basic and idiotic from my perspective. To me, Erika's pyrotechnics in Hong Kong were the height of nuttiness - she literally commenced a crying jag over a figure of speech and verbiage that was never even approximated, let alone said. 

But "pretending amnesia" is, to me, tantamount to explicitly accusing someone of lying. What else does "pretend" suggest other than dishonesty? 

Relatively speaking, that was a pretty tame reaction toward Teddi both from Erika in particular and the franchise at large. Nothing about that apptoached Bethenny shrieking misogynistic epithets at LuAnn like a hyena in labor; Carole getting physical with Aviva in her own home or saying "it's hard to watch her eat" in front of Jules; the  verbal scrums in which the OC cast find themselves consistently; etc. 

Teddi's whole ethos makes no sense to me: "don't say things that you know will hurt your friends' feelings" but DO play runtelldat with literally months-old material and, yes, very much so repeat statements that you yourself evidently know will be hurtful for the parties in question to revive. 

"Don't say things that you know will hurt feelings" but do use pejorative words like "weird" to describe them. And discuss how weird they are behind their backs. But don't rush to confess this/hold yourself accountable even though you feel the need to apply that standard to remarks made 90 days ago by others.

Accountability for the win! Except when you yourself are called out on the barbed language you're using like "pretending amnesia." Then, it's time to go cry. 

"if you dont remember, why would you get so upset?" is some Rinna-esque I-must-be-accurate-because-obviously-I-hit-a-nerve bullshit. And ironic in the context of the fact that Teddi has been quick to get teary over Erika not once now but twice. So ... I guess Erika's takes on Teddi must be striking a chord per Teddi's own logic. 

"If you don't feel like you said/did anything wrong, then why the fuck do you care what I say?" exclaimed the woman who launched a crusade to make Dorit admit her transgressions over whether or not she was 20 minutes vs 40 minutes late. And the woman who cared very much how and where and to whom Dorit articulated her stemware preferences. 

Thank you for saying all of this. I just watched last night as I've been out of town.  While I think Erika's reaction was certainly OTT, I get it.  Teddi *was* calling Erika a liar. How else could you characterize "pretend amnesia?"  And I think, at the time, Erika just said that going up the stairs, that she'd be pissed, too, because Teddi wanted to hear something. I also think Erika could have easily forgotten that throwaway line. It wasn't like it was a major conversation.

I think the level of anger was similar to the reaction against Eileen but I don't think the situations are similar besides that. (Her reaction to Eileen was straight up crazy.)  I have been called a liar once in my life and it was in a similar, passive-aggressive way to "pretend amnesia."  And it was absolutely infuriating and, no, not as Teddi alleges because it was true. It was infuriating because it WASN'T true and, in fact, the person calling me a liar was talking about things that didn't happen. I can't explain how much that made my blood boil because I'm generally not like that. But it really, really set me off.

I think Teddi just looks to be offended.  As a woman of similar age to Erika and whose periods have started becoming hellacious with the amount of bleeding, I can totally see why she'd opt for a hotel rather bleeding all over a friend's sheets in the night. (And I believe she said early on that she was on her period and wasn't feeling super well?)  That's embarrassing. Maybe it is "weird" that she didn't want to explain it in that detail to Teddi and all of the guests and crew but I get it. (If I had Erika's bank account, I would never share quarters with anyone. lol  I like my privacy and alone time.) 

There is pretty much nobody from this group that I would want to hang with, including Teddi. lol   I don't find her particularly normal. I find her a busybody.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Such an excellent post!

I think Erika is really damaged. 

She thought marrying Tom would fix it. 

She thought creating this alter ego would fix that. 

Deep down, she’s still unhappy.

Someone at peace with herself will not speak so viciously and aggressively to another person, then feel no remorse or empathy.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Such an excellent post!

I think Erika is really damaged. 

She thought marrying Tom would fix it. 

She thought creating this alter ego would fix that. 

Deep down, she’s still unhappy.

Someone at peace with herself will not speak so viciously and aggressively to another person, then feel no remorse or empathy.

The only reasonable shot at a re-do she will ever get, is if/when her son has children, and he allows her to be involved in their lives.  That may not be a given.  I would imagine that the guilt and remorse for abandoning him is what weighs on her psyche. 

• Love 4

Didn't EG say she doesn't have friends (female) the beginning of her first season?

Well, I guess we know why? What healthy person needs this crazy in their life?

It wasn't only her intense explosion that people are reacting to, but also her following cold comments. Referring to Teddi as "that", "crybaby"  and "do not expect an apology", brings this to another level.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at Tom's associate's dinner parties.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The biggest changes I have seen in Brian's recaps is he no longer destroys Kyle- I believe he was one that called her Vile Richards. Maybe the reason Kyle is trying so hard to protect the Erika/Kyle relationship. Brian has always liked Erika, and I think he should hand off the recaps to someone else for the RHOBH.  Writing a disclaimer isn't enough.  I will have to see how he does with RHONY or if he has just gotten soft all the way around.  I went back and read one from Season 4 and he was definitely an LVP fan back then.

Speaking of Erika supporters Tamara Tattles has always been a huge Erika fan, after this week's episode she has disavowed her.

• Love 5

Teddi is far from perfect, and even she admits her motivations in talking to Rinna were not the best in her TH.  But the way Dorit and Erika went after her was just so vile.  Talking in front of her like she wasn't even there, barking at her about her "issue", was so disrespectful and painful to watch.

When Teddi said to Erika that "at the time, you thought it was hurtful to", Erika's response was "maybe I did, maybe I didn't".  To me those are the words of a person who remembers exactly what she thought of the situation and blatantly deciding to hang Teddi out to dry and pretend amnesia.  I think if Erika had just said "Sorry Teddi, I don't remember that", Teddi would have stopped way short of calling her a liar.

3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

As a woman of similar age to Erika and whose periods have started becoming hellacious with the amount of bleeding, I can totally see why she'd opt for a hotel rather bleeding all over a friend's sheets in the night. (And I believe she said early on that she was on her period and wasn't feeling super well?)  That's embarrassing. Maybe it is "weird" that she didn't want to explain it in that detail to Teddi and all of the guests and crew but I get it. (If I had Erika's bank account, I would never share quarters with anyone. lol  I like my privacy and alone time.) 

Is it really such a big deal to tell your hostess, "hey, I am not feeling well, I'm going to go to a hotel after all"?  If not, she is left wondering if you left because you found a dead bug in the bathroom, or if there was something else wrong about her home or her party.  You can't assume that she would connect the dots and realize that you are just trying to protect her sheets. 

• Love 22
41 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The biggest changes I have seen in Brian's recaps is he no longer destroys Kyle- I believe he was one that called her Vile Richards. Maybe the reason Kyle is trying so hard to protect the Erika/Kyle relationship. Brian has always liked Erika, and I think he should hand off the recaps to someone else for the RHOBH.  Writing a disclaimer isn't enough.  I will have to see how he does with RHONY or if he has just gotten soft all the way around.  I went back and read one from Season 4 and he was definitely an LVP fan back then.

Speaking of Erika supporters Tamara Tattles has always been a huge Erika fan, after this week's episode she has disavowed her.

Yes, Brian has always liked Erika but he called her out nonetheless, not always but he did do it, like when she went after Eileen last season. This season though, he hasn't called her out at all and she has deserved it several times so far. He is much too close to her to be even semi objective at this point, the fact that his recap calling out her OTT attack on Eileen is missing is a sign that he is putting their book ahead of his recap, which means that, as you said, he should step away from doing the BH recap. He has stopped going after Kyle and I agree, it is because of her friendship with Erika and for the most part, his BH blog is more centered around singing Erika's praise than it is about the show itself. 

I did see that TT has jumped off the Erika train, at least for now. From the comments on her twitter account, she has lost a number of fans, she is getting far more negative tweets than positive ones and she deserves it IMO. 

• Love 14
On 3/16/2018 at 12:01 PM, zoeysmom said:

Well,  except Kyle had a reason,  however small it may be, to be angry at Dorit. 

Erika has shown nothing but disdain toward Teddi.  The fact is that Erika DID say exactly what Teddi accused her of saying.  Word for fucking word. 

Whether Erika didn't remember (which I doubt), or lied,  so what? She said it.  We saw it on tape. She is now doubling down,  despite having seen herself saying those exact words. 

And I have a hard time seeing Kyle mocking someone's tears and referring to a person as "it". I have a lot of problems with Kyle,  but Erika is a next level of awful. 

Edited by CatMomma
  • Love 13
58 minutes ago, Set Them Free said:

Is it really such a big deal to tell your hostess, "hey, I am not feeling well, I'm going to go to a hotel after all"?  If not, she is left wondering if you left because you found a dead bug in the bathroom, or if there was something else wrong about her home or her party.  You can't assume that she would connect the dots and realize that you are just trying to protect her sheets. 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that part of the reason Teddi thought Erika's departure was "weird" was that Erika didn't actually tell her that she was leaving.  I was under the impression that after filming wrapped for the day Erika just sort of slipped out of the house without actually saying goodbye or explaining that she wasn't going to spend the night.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Steph J said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that part of the reason Teddi thought Erika's departure was "weird" was that Erika didn't actually tell her that she was leaving.  I was under the impression that after filming wrapped for the day Erika just sort of slipped out of the house without actually saying goodbye or explaining that she wasn't going to spend the night.

According to Teddi's blog, she didn't know that Erika was leaving until after filming wrapped and Erika asked Teddi to buzz in her assistant. At that point, Erika said she would be back in the morning for filming. Keep in mind filming wrapped sometime after midnight. So, Teddi went the entire day thinking that everyone was staying the night and Erika (who had already had her assistant book her a hotel room) said nothing about changing her mind and staying at the hotel. Which Teddi wouldn't have thought was a big deal because she offered the hotel up as an option at the start of the trip. So, yeah, Erika's departure was weird because she pretended she was staying until filming wrapped and then she was out of there. 

• Love 16
On 3/16/2018 at 2:18 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I am still wondering who in the world would be interested in a book by Erika (or rather her ghost writer).

Doesn't Kendra Wilkinson have 2 books?  People are strange :)

• Love 3
21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought Erika was a bitch to Dorit last year on the junk boat.  Rinna was just as bad.  They were foul, smug and threatening and Eileen cheering them on wasn't much better.  Kyle and LVP did nothing-except Kyle comforted Erika after she got off the boat because she was in tears.

I guess because I have always been a Kyle apologist and never really liked Erika, just because, I am surprised that all of a sudden her "steely resolve" is being equated with violence.  I have seen Kyle lose it and go after her sister, I have seen Kyle while going after her sister push Brandi, I have seen Rinna go for Kim's throat and smash a glass which was caused some collateral damage (mostly it was bad acting on RInna's part).

What I am seeing is if a character is liked or loses their mind with an unlikable character the excuses are endless.  If an unlikable or someone on the borderline defends attacks on their honesty to likable character they are unhinged and took it too far.   There are not many things worse in life than having your veracity questioned and this is the second time Teddi has questioned Erika's veracity.  Second time Teddi has insulted Erika and turned it around to be all about her.  

I haven't read through all of the comments here but speaking for myself, I'm not trying to equate Erika's temper to violence. I don't think the women are truly threatened by her, but I do think that the tone she takes with people intimidates them enough where they shrink under her gaze and words rather than speak up and I only suspect it's because of the way she demonstrates her anger is quite palpable to those on the receiving end of her tongue lashing. I wouldn't say Erika is any more prone to violence or physical intimidation compared to the other women except for maybe LVP (because that behaviour is FAR removed from her typical way of dealing with issues and Dorit (just my assumption but Dorit is loose lips but has got no real gumption to her). There is usually a bias in the way people interpret the interactions and it's largely influenced by the type of edits that the women get in the season. I often say that the drama produced on these shows is often two parties that individually handle an issue in some inappropriate way which escalates a situation rather than resolves it. As much as I disagree with Erika's anger at dinner, I think her reaction is moving away focus from how Teddi contributed to that issue and again, took little accountability for it. 

• Love 5
On 3/13/2018 at 10:24 PM, Sai said:

When Kyle and Mauricio were discussing the possibility of moving they were saying how they love the house they are in because it's homey and they both said they feel safe there.  Now we know they moved and were robbed in their new house.  That sucks!

I thought it was a dumb idea for Mauricio to move from Belair to Encino. They should have stayed in the old house

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, oakville said:

I thought it was a dumb idea for Mauricio to move from Belair to Encino. They should have stayed in the old house

Why do I get the idea that she (maybe they) like the idea of it being Smokey Robinson's former home?  I can see her having superficial reasons for doing just about everything she does.

I don't know anything about LA geography.  BelAir vs Encino?  I honestly have no idea and would love to know more about the distinction.  I will be able to help with the Potomac franchise.

I continue to be struck by Erika's bad behavior.  She claims to be "street smart."  I don't see it.  If you weren't seeing RED to begin with, why wouldn't you say something along the lines of..."Teddi, my life is pretend; if I say I don't remember, I really don't.  I'm sorry."  Smiling all along...that would have been a way to a happy ending to me.  Has she learned nothing from her lawyer husband?

• Love 13
7 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

According to Teddi's blog, she didn't know that Erika was leaving until after filming wrapped and Erika asked Teddi to buzz in her assistant. At that point, Erika said she would be back in the morning for filming. Keep in mind filming wrapped sometime after midnight. So, Teddi went the entire day thinking that everyone was staying the night and Erika (who had already had her assistant book her a hotel room) said nothing about changing her mind and staying at the hotel. Which Teddi wouldn't have thought was a big deal because she offered the hotel up as an option at the start of the trip. So, yeah, Erika's departure was weird because she pretended she was staying until filming wrapped and then she was out of there. 

For someone ostensibly so fluent in accountability, it's odd to me that she wouldn't realize that a guest in her home would take offense at hearing themselves described in terms of an inherent negative like "weird," even if their behavior could be interpreted as that. 

Just like Teddi stuttered in her apology to Erika at the restaurant in this episode - something to the effect of not realizing that the language she's used would be so upsetting. 

Well ... why not? It doesn't take a psychic to predict that characterizing someone's behavior/words as a pretense might just prove aggravating. 

Maybe Teddi should consider her own pronouncements and "not say things that" would "hurt the feelings" of her coworkers. 

8 hours ago, CatMomma said:

Well,  except Kyle had a reason,  however small it may be, to be angry at Dorit. 

Erika has shown nothing but disdain toward Teddi.  The fact is that Erika DID say exactly what Teddi accused her of saying.  Word for fucking word. 

Whether Erika didn't remember (which I doubt), or lied,  so what? She said it.  We saw it on tape. She is now doubling down,  despite having seen herself saying those exact words. 

And I have a hard time seeing Kyle mocking someone's tears and referring to a person as "it". I have a lot of problems with Kyle,  but Erika is a next level of awful. 

Teddi did not quote Erika verbatim. There was definitely a semantic distinction. 

Erika was aggravated that Teddi suggested she was lying, not at the misquote. 

Seems as defensible a reason as Kyle's histrionics over LVP failing to attack Dorit viciously enough to Kyle's liking.  

• Love 4

I waited to watch this episodes until yesterday. I needed to be on my exercise bike for 60 minutes, and I knew that RHOBH would keep me entertained and distracted,...which is exactly what I need to make it the full hour. Ha!

Anyway, I had read the comments beforehand and I expected Erica to be worse. Now don't get me wrong, I thought she was a total jerk, but I didn't think she was as aggressive as she was in Hong Kong to Eileen. Her THs were what really turned me off, as well as telling Dorito to ignore Teddi Bear. It was mean. But here's the thing: Erika has basically been dismissive, rude, or mean to Teddi since the get go. I don't think Teddi cried from the last interaction, but rather it was the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't blame her a bit. She is probably too sensitive for this show. I do like her, but Rinna was right: she's like a baby dolphin swimming with sharks.

• Love 7

I'm on Team Nobody in this.  I normally like Erika but her reaction to Teddi was way too much.  I was sitting there just thinking how aggressive she was being. However, Teddi needs to learn to let things lie.  It might make her uncomfortable but it was also a conversation for 3 months ago.  Just let it go.  However, I'm thinking Production probably told her to bring it up.  And Dorit...  Oh, Dorit.  "You don't get to be mad!"  Seriously?  

I think the only team I might be on right now is Rinna.  LOL. 

• Love 6

I feel asleep watching this and had a dream my husband and I bought a beautiful new house and I liked the layout a lot.  But I was asking him why did move so quickly and sobbing because my daughter was born in our home and I just buried my dog under a lilac bush that is coming in beautifully this Spring and I didn't want to move. 

Tom and Erika don't actually sleep in the same bedroom do they?  It strikes me that they don't.   I actually think Erika was just being extremely firm with Teddi.  The meltdown with Eileen over her son was just dramatic and silly.  I think on this show the women do stupid stuff to each other and don't say anything until they are venting behind the person's back. So for Erika just to say NO STOP right then and there was just out of the norm.  No, I'm not going to read Erika's book.  You know who is more interesting than Erika?  Myself.  I can honestly say I think my life is more interesting than Erika's and I'm just a mom who works a middle class job and the sweatshirt I am wearing right now has a hole in the sleeve. 

I hate being on Dorit's side but there was no reason for Teddi to bring that up.  It was months later.  A lot can happen during that time.  The women go back and forth with their relationships and Lisa and Dorit were doing fine.

• Love 7