Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: In Love in Switzerland/S07.E02 The Vuolos Buy A House

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I thought the same thing that Austin is probably exhausted from work & just wants to get some sleep. 

Now that the blessing has arrived,  cuddling will be last thing on her mind.* She'll be exhausted too, if not more so & will probably fall asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow. Or will she have the luxury of overnite help in the form of Jana like Jessa did?

*until it's time to work on another blessing

What "work" is he doing right now?

12 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I thought the same thing that Austin is probably exhausted from work & just wants to get some sleep. 

Now that the blessing has arrived,  cuddling will be last thing on her mind.* She'll be exhausted too, if not more so & will probably fall asleep as soon as her head hits the pillow. Or will she have the luxury of overnite help in the form of Jana like Jessa did?

*until it's time to work on another blessing

Well, Joy did say they were setting up beds in the spare room.  I assume that was for Jana and a lost girl.

• Love 1

I suppose that it's nice to try different things, but, my least favorite of the honeymoon scenes was the fondue dining.  Yuck.  I've tried once and it was the most disappointing thing....no thank you.  I don't get the concept.  But, I"m not a cheese fan. The entertainment looked fun though. 

And to me the fondue looked fab. I have two fondue pots but haven't used them in a while.  I guess it is all a matter of personal preference.  As mentioned above The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant that seems to be popular enough to stay in business over the years.  You can also get other things to dip, like hot oil and meat, shrimp, etc. or boiling broth and meat, chocolate and fruit and poundcake.  

• Love 10

The tennis thing was nice in theory, but I wish the Vuolos would’ve shelled out $60 for a semi-private lesson with a pro. Jeremy’s strokes were decent but Jinger’s were just atrocious. Tennis isn’t something most people can teach themselves. If you don’t learn to angle the racquet properly, you’ll spend more of your court time chasing balls that went out rather than actually hitting them. Some of her dainty little serves happened to go in, but if she actually completed the motion and snapped her wrist down, she’d have more power and control. (I guess that would scare her, even if it’s just over a fuzzy yellow ball.)

Both of them were standing in no-man’s-land, which is also going to make for a frustrating game. You neither need to be behind the baseline for groundstokes, or come up to the net for volleys. In their case, I wouldn’t recommend the baseline since that’s where Jinger piled all her extra balls. It’s a miracle she didn’t roll over them and sprain her ankle. Fun fact, Jing: it’s safer to store a few balls in your bloomers! That’s not a figure of speech. 

All of this is probably pointless anyway now that we know Jinger was just counting the days until she could get knocked up. She’ll likely never set foot on a tennis court again. Sigh. I hoped for better...

• Love 8
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What "work" is he doing right now?

Hopefully putting the finishing touches on their house. By the looks of things in their videos alot still needs to be done. Hope it includes putting a door on their laundry room,  as Joy called it. I'd call it a laundry closet. Either way, still needs a door in my opinion.

Will Austin find another construction job? Is he done with flipping since he hit his house flipping goal & got himself a wife & baby in the process? Could they afford to do another flip? 

• Love 3
On 3/2/2018 at 12:27 PM, Marigold said:

Uh oh, I'm Team Austin on this one.  (send help)

Even as a young married couple, we snuggled UNTIL it was time to sleep.  I like to have some space and not have my husband breathing on me. Plus, I'd wake up an hour later and my arm was numb. 

26 years later and my husband is still not thrilled with this but I CANNOT sleep with someone breathing in a different rhythm and lying on an arm or some random body part.  

My kids have slept in my bed many times but they know, when mommy is sleeping, back it up a bit. ;)

Mr. Jyn is this way. Even when we were first married, he wanted his side of the bed to himself when it was time to sleep...If I encroached, I'd practically have to peel him off the ceiling, he would startle so violently. He's never been much of a toucher either - never liked sharing a couch; he'd sit in a separate chair. Never really liked random hugs or kisses outside of the bedroom either. It took me a long time to really come to terms with it, but we've been married for 33 years now and it's not as big of a deal anymore.

• Love 15
21 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Mr. Jyn is this way. Even when we were first married, he wanted his side of the bed to himself when it was time to sleep...If I encroached, I'd practically have to peel him off the ceiling, he would startle so violently. He's never been much of a toucher either - never liked sharing a couch; he'd sit in a separate chair. Never really liked random hugs or kisses outside of the bedroom either. It took me a long time to really come to terms with it, but we've been married for 33 years now and it's not as big of a deal anymore.

Mr. Natalie and I like our own space as well.  I have been told I am quite bossy in my sleep about my space.  He told me his leg ventured over once and I cocked my leg back and kicked him out of the way really hard.  OOPS!  I get hot and like to flip around so stay outta my way!  I did feel badly though.

Joys feet are enough of a reason to stick to her own side of the bed.  I would not want those dirt stumps touching me.

• Love 9
22 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

You've just described me. I'm not a touchy feely person AT. ALL. The only three people I hug without being forced are my husband, my grandmother and my niece, and I cannot sleep with people touching me. It's probably a good thing we're child-free because I would probably throw a kid out of bed if they tried to sleep on me.

So I don't blame Austin for not wanting Joy all up in his business all night. I would hate it too.

• Love 9
On 2/27/2018 at 5:59 PM, skippy said:

I reacted just the opposite!  I was delighted to see that they had hired professional painters and Jinger can do whatever it is that she does...maybe nothing.  Those girls have been used as workhorses their entire lives. I hope Jeremy treats her like a spoiled princess.

A spoiled princess? Meh. I wish she and the rest would act like normal adult human beings. They don't need more entitlement on top of being on a reality show for no reason.

On 2/27/2018 at 9:15 PM, woot said:

I’m going to risk sounding like a horrible human but I’m rewatching this episode now... is anyone else on board with the possibility of Joy having a mild intellectual disability? I know the Duggers were homeschooled but wow she seems the slowest out of all the sibs. 

All snark aside, maybe. It's so hard to sort out if it's her IQ or just her incredibly lacking upbringing. 

On 2/27/2018 at 8:59 PM, Sew Sumi said:

And how did there just happen to be a tile saw in the house the day they showed up with no plans to put up a backsplash? Hmmm????

The wonders of reality TV! The impossible happens!

On 2/28/2018 at 5:03 PM, HahYallDoin said:

You tried to labor at home last week to deliver a 10 pound+ baby but something went 'wrong.' I have a sinking feeling that the medical professionals weren't sought out until babe and your daddy said it was ok to do so. No doubt you had to be scared, depending on what went wrong. I thank Jesus you and the baby are fine, although you look pale and wane in those pictures y'all released. Moreso than any friend I've seen following the birth of their children and certainly more than I am in pictures after my two deliveries. Perhaps laboring too long at home is to blame. Either way, you have no control over any part of your body, from your foot to your vajayjay. So sad.

Girl, I don't envy you one little bit and I'm sure that some of that 'shine' is off of your honeymoon period. But then again, maybe you are daft enough and brainwashed enough to take all of this in stride and not resent it. Hmm...

I know it's nice to be able to give birth at home but in the case of Jill and many others, refusing to even consider having labor induced before you're well past full term does increase your chances of needing a C section, which she did. And I'm not shaming C sections at all, but they do carry risks, particularly when women want many children like Jill does.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:10 PM, madpsych78 said:

I can't snark too much about the Duggars not knowing what a tee pad was because for once I was at their level in that regard.

Ugh. I have those ridiculous segments. Yes, they're ignorant AF, but honestly, out of context, why ask such nonsense questions as "what seed are you?" I wouldn't know what to say either and I feel like they do those segments just to make them look as dumb as possible, which isn't very nice.

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I know it's nice to be able to give birth at home but in the case of Jill and many others, refusing to even consider having labor induced before you're well past full term does increase your chances of needing a C section, which she did. And I'm not shaming C sections at all, but they do carry risks, particularly when women want many children like Jill does.

We went over this in the Jill and Derick thread not too long ago. She has a traverse breech baby, which means she would have needed a c-section anyway.  

She did take unnecessary risks, imo, such as waiting so long to go to a hospital, but it also seems likely she would have a c-section no matter what she did. 

Childbirth cares risk no matter what you do, and sometimes a c-section is less risky than natural childbirth. That is the position that many of my friends have been in and I was happy that they had a good outcome with a healthy baby and mother. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2

I was glad to see Jinger and Jeremy doing something interesting and active, and I liked Jinger's very tennis-appropriate clothes!  I can imagine some of her sisters would have tried to play in flip-flops.  That said, I couldn't understand why they didn't just volley back and forth.  Jinger had only played once before, so it was unkind to keep score.  I'd guess Jeremy is competitive, but it seemed petty.

Did anyone else think that the "aftertaste" that Austin and Joy noticed in their fondue was probably wine?  Poor Joy worried about the water, but that wasn't what she should have worried about!  

• Love 12
(edited)

So I'm behind and getting around to watching this in the background.  Less than 20 minutes in to part 2, I already have some musings.  

1) Austin, you flip and fix houses for a living - WHY haven't you fixed the RV shower so you can shower there?

2) Austin, you are not cooking for me - I like eggs, I like sausage, I do NOT like them cooked in the same pan like a hash with all the sausage grease.

3) Jessa, how much closet space do you have if you've used part of it for Ben's books?

4) Jinger speaks and seems to understand Spanish better than Jill or Dumbarse ever did in Central America.

5) Jessa you are helping your sister and BIL move - why bring the kids?  why not leave them with the grandparents?? Oh wait, never mind, Jana came too, that explains it.

6) When JD said, right now grey is going really well with dark wood, when discussing painting the cabinets.  And when he also says, don't do it because colors are changing like every 2 years - Hmm, I have a thought why he is still single - off to the prayer closet for now with that thought, and finding the whiskey to put up with Jessa and her bossiness.

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 5

So the later half of that 2nd part - my musings:

1) Kendra's laugh - I paused and went and got Jameson from the vitrine.

2) Why did you have to go with a white backsplash?  why not a splash - pun intended - of color!

3) You have all of those cabinets and you put your plates in a rack on the counter so they can get dirty and splashed every day?

4) Do you just throw the pasta on the CEILING to tell if it's done?  Really Joy - the CEILING?  Now I want to go back and look at shows to see if I can spot old, dried pasta on TTH's kitchen ceiling.

5) I like that Austin says he wants to be a good provider.

6) I like when Joy is asked do you think you'll have 19 kids and she said I don't think most people can have 19 kids.  Austin says enough for a construction crew, but then admits it was only he and  his dad when they built family camp and even Joy said then 1 or 2.  I'm hoping they stay like that.

7) Those kitchen cabinets - sigh.  My dad's hobby was woodworking.  Step one - those cabinets would have to be cleaned and then sanded before painting.  You can tell that with the still dark color and the shine they weren't sanded, meaning it'll start to peel and chip right away, plus with only one day - that means that they couldn't let it dry for a day and then put a coat of poly over it to protect it.  Sigh.  Make Jessa come back and sand it herself and do it right next year when it's horrid looking.

8) Jessa, the comment about Jeremy acting like a girl over a nursery with his office?  Seriously I worked harder than he did on MY OFFICE and I"M A GIRL!  Girls are capable of caring about more rooms in their house than the nursery, and it's HIS office.  He wants it like he wants it - back off!    Okay off for some caffeine so I can make it through 2 hours of the FISH - sorry, every time is see Spurgeon I read Sturgeon, getting a hair cut.

• Love 10

About the cabinets, wouldn't you need to put on a primer coat after sanding, too? And at least two coats of paint? And then a protective coat of something, like you said?  I would think it would have easily taken at least a week to get that paint job done and that's probably not leaving enough time for things to really dry in between stages.  

They're going to look like crap in a year, I agree!

• Love 7

I thought Jinger's kitchen makeover was hideous. I love wood cabinets and hate white painted cabinets. I thought it completely clashed with the countertops. But of course, Jinger lets Jessa call the shots in her own home. Get a backbone, girl.

Joy is obviously in the infatuation phase. The 'kiss me, kiss me' sounded like it was coming from a 13 year old. I do like that Joy was open to yodeling though - she doesn't seem to embarrass easily and seems open to new experiences. I definitely think that she thought she had alcohol in the restaurant as she looked very uncomfortable and confused about sparkling water.

Joe refusing to put his hand on Kendra's hip was bizarre. Like, it's a innocent picture. No one is going to think he is grabbing her boobs in the shot. The fear that has been put in these kids is ridiculous.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

I thought Jinger's kitchen makeover was hideous. I love wood cabinets and hate white painted cabinets. I thought it completely clashed with the countertops. But of course, Jinger lets Jessa call the shots in her own home. Get a backbone, girl.

Actually, I had the opposite reaction and was surprised there was even a debate. Dark cabinets are considered dated these days and white cabinets are in. Can't comment on the counters, but I thought the cabinets looked good (and yes, they should have been sanded prior to painting).

• Love 6

Plus there was no hurry in getting the kitchen redone. Jer wanted the cabinets left as they were so I don't think the kitchen redo was a high priority for them. Sure it's much easier to do renovations before you move in but what was all the hoopla about having to get it done right then & there? (Except  drama for the show - will Jana get the backsplash done in time?)  Maybe they would have had professionals do the whole redo properly if they would have waited. 

• Love 3

I still think lots of these things are staged, "propped" etc.  Could be that a professional crew did a lot of the work and they just filmed the duggars slapdashing bits.  Kind of like on Property Brothers - someone who participated said the construction brother just breezed in for a few shots of him with a tool or paint brush but in reality there is a professional crew. I watch for the snark but don't believe most of what they show us. If they had cameras going all the time and didn't edit it would be more interesting. 

• Love 6

Why would any adult who just invested a great deal of money in their new home allow brothers & sisters to decide what permanent fixtures in their home would look like? Just a silly and not real story line. This show is NOT reality TV.  I also believe that TLC paid for those shelves in Jeremy's 'office' as it was for an episode on the show....props, you know. 

• Love 10
On 3/2/2018 at 5:59 AM, Portia said:

Can anyone in this family just speak normally? Most of the Duggars and Duggar-adjacents speak like they have a mouthful of marbles, while Jeremy over-enunciates each consonant like he's, I don't know, Julie Andrews teaching English as a Second Language to the hearing impaired.

Even with the closed captions turned on (and I'm not hard of hearing), I still can't understand a word these people say, especially Joy!

Drives me up the wall!

• Love 3
On 3/8/2018 at 5:24 AM, floridamom said:

Why would any adult who just invested a great deal of money in their new home allow brothers & sisters to decide what permanent fixtures in their home would look like? Just a silly and not real story line. This show is NOT reality TV.  I also believe that TLC paid for those shelves in Jeremy's 'office' as it was for an episode on the show....props, you know. 

Well, flashing back to the before pictures on Trading Spaces, I would say a LOT of people have trouble with decorating. Those people may rely on friends and family whose taste they trust. Pretty sure that's what Germy was trying to say. 

• Love 1
On 3/3/2018 at 9:38 AM, lookeyloo said:

And to me the fondue looked fab. I have two fondue pots but haven't used them in a while.  I guess it is all a matter of personal preference.  As mentioned above The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant that seems to be popular enough to stay in business over the years.  You can also get other things to dip, like hot oil and meat, shrimp, etc. or boiling broth and meat, chocolate and fruit and poundcake.  

I love fondue, but I am a huge cheese person. I've been to Melting Pot. I always smell like meat when I leave from all the meats cooking in oil. I'm not as fond of that part. The desserts are awesome. 

On 3/5/2018 at 8:45 PM, Allison Lynn said:

I was glad to see Jinger and Jeremy doing something interesting and active, and I liked Jinger's very tennis-appropriate clothes!  I can imagine some of her sisters would have tried to play in flip-flops.  That said, I couldn't understand why they didn't just volley back and forth.  Jinger had only played once before, so it was unkind to keep score.  I'd guess Jeremy is competitive, but it seemed petty.

Did anyone else think that the "aftertaste" that Austin and Joy noticed in their fondue was probably wine?  Poor Joy worried about the water, but that wasn't what she should have worried about!  

I thought the tennis looked fun. Nice to see them doing something active and she looked great. I don't blame him for keeping score, I would have done the same. 

I thought the same think about the aftertaste. The alcohol gets cooked off but the taste is there. When I make fondue I use white wine and swiss. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I love fondue, but I am a huge cheese person. I've been to Melting Pot. I always smell like meat when I leave from all the meats cooking in oil. I'm not as fond of that part. The desserts are awesome. 

I had a friend who was a big fan of Melting Pot but didn’t care for the meat/oil course — he discovered that they’ll serve the cheese course and the chocolate course in the bar, no reservations needed. We ended up going there waaaaay too often until he got tired of it. 

• Love 5

I noticed that when Joy and Austin finished eating dinner, she laid her head on his shoulder and said, "I love you."  Austin said nothing.  I don't know about this couple.  I mean, Austin has been flipping houses and he buys a house that is COMPLETELY GUTTED and will take a couple of years at least (if he does it alone) to get it into livable condition.  I don't know why Austin doesn't ask his brothers-in-law to help him or his dad for that matter.  It makes no sense at all.   Austin still has to make a living, so there's even less time to spend on the house.  What does Joy do all day in that tiny RV while Austin is off doing Austin stuff?  Do they even have room for a baby in the RV?  This does NOT look good.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

I noticed that when Joy and Austin finished eating dinner, she laid her head on his shoulder and said, "I love you."  Austin said nothing.  I don't know about this couple.  I mean, Austin has been flipping houses and he buys a house that is COMPLETELY GUTTED and will take a couple of years at least (if he does it alone) to get it into livable condition.  I don't know why Austin doesn't ask his brothers-in-law to help him or his dad for that matter.  It makes no sense at all.   Austin still has to make a living, so there's even less time to spend on the house.  What does Joy do all day in that tiny RV while Austin is off doing Austin stuff?  Do they even have room for a baby in the RV?  This does NOT look good.

I caught that too.

I have never been married or pregnant, but I can't imagine being pregnant, stoked to be pregnant and a happy newlywed while living in an RV, especially knowing that my gutted house could be habitable in less than a month if my husband made it a priority!

With all of the available help, there is no reason for Joy having to shower at someone else's home. We've seen the fast work that happens when there are tons of people to help. I swear the Duggars renovated and expanded the Bates' house in just one week! I

I think Austin has some sadistic tendencies...or maybe it's because I am in the middle of a "Criminal Minds" marathon!

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Remember the show is shown inTLC time.* The house has been  completed (except for finishing some minor things) and they have been living there since at least January, when they hosted JD"s birthday party.  Hopefully they got the nursery cleaned up in time for Gideon's birth. 

* TLC rarely shows anything in current or near current time including wedding prep.  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1

God help me. I am up to the part where Kendra is taking about how her family got to know the Duggars at church and how they have the same “likes and dislikes.”

Mechelle:  We love eating disorders, accountability, Republican Jesus, and illiteracy!

Caldwells:  Us, too!

JimBoob:  We also love micromanaging our children’s sex lives and telling them masturbation is evil!

Caldwells:  Yes!  So, tell us, what are things you DON’T like?

Mechelle: Pants, LGBTQ folks, and honeymoons that don’t include proselytizing.

Caldwells:  Let’s be BFFs!

Edited by KariLois
  • Love 13
On 3/9/2018 at 11:47 AM, libgirl2 said:

I thought the tennis looked fun. Nice to see them doing something active and she looked great. I don't blame him for keeping score, I would have done the same. 

I thought the same think about the aftertaste. The alcohol gets cooked off but the taste is there. When I make fondue I use white wine and swiss. 

THIS is my biggest peeve with restaurants.  I LOATHE smelling like the food they are cooking.  But now I want some melty cheese.  NOW!!!!!

Commenting on the kitchen cabinets.  I know white is the in thing and they look nice but holy moly they get dirty!  If they have a tribe of kids good luck keeping that clean.  They are Duggars so we know they don't care.

It is nice hearing that any Duggar girl is doing something sporty.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

THIS is my biggest peeve with restaurants.  I LOATHE smelling like the food they are cooking.  But now I want some melty cheese.  NOW!!!!!

Commenting on the kitchen cabinets.  I know white is the in thing and they look nice but holy moly they get dirty!  If they have a tribe of kids good luck keeping that clean.  They are Duggars so we know they don't care.

It is nice hearing that any Duggar girl is doing something sporty.

We painted our oak cabinets white in other house. They didn't get dirty other than if I dripped something on them. I wiped them now and then.  It was the same way with the oak ones. Had to wipe them now and then. Current house we put in an IKEA kitchen. White cabinets with the straight fronts and they are easy peasy to clean if I splatter.  I don't know if white is in or out but it pleases me to have it. Maybe they just like the look of it. Maybe they can get Josie to fly in every once in a while and lick them clean. Or does she only do counters??

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

We painted our oak cabinets white in other house. They didn't get dirty other than if I dripped something on them. I wiped them now and then.  It was the same way with the oak ones. Had to wipe them now and then. Current house we put in an IKEA kitchen. White cabinets with the straight fronts and they are easy peasy to clean if I splatter.  I don't know if white is in or out but it pleases me to have it. Maybe they just like the look of it. Maybe they can get Josie to fly in every once in a while and lick them clean. Or does she only do counters??

HA!  Good to know.  I do like the look of a white kitchen.  

• Love 4
On 3/5/2018 at 6:51 PM, Temperance said:

We went over this in the Jill and Derick thread not too long ago. She has a traverse breech baby, which means she would have needed a c-section anyway.  

She did take unnecessary risks, imo, such as waiting so long to go to a hospital, but it also seems likely she would have a c-section no matter what she did. 

Childbirth cares risk no matter what you do, and sometimes a c-section is less risky than natural childbirth. That is the position that many of my friends have been in and I was happy that they had a good outcome with a healthy baby and mother. 

I totally get that C-sections are often necessary. There are a lot of risks involved with laboring at home, is my main point. I didn't fully understand about the traverse breech, so thanks for that, but look at Jessa. She hemorrhaged and had to be rushed to the hospital. This is exactly why they suggest laboring there. What if there had been an emergency going on in their rural area and all the ambulances were far away?

On 3/6/2018 at 4:28 PM, trimthatfat said:

On 3/6/2018 at 6:49 PM, ginger90 said:

Clean, sand, prime, paint. And there you have it. If they did all of that I’m surprised it wasn’t shown. Fill up that time, people! ? 

I'm sure the professionals did do that, to be fair. And probably helped with the backsplash too.

On 3/9/2018 at 3:21 PM, Evagirl said:

To be fair, I believe Joy has been working alongside Austin at their family camp business. In her infatuation stage, she would not be hanging out in the camper all day away from her precious Austin. Like someone else said, the house is done now so he must have caved and gotten help with it. 

5 hours ago, becca3891 said:

There are a lot of risks involved with laboring at home, is my main point. I didn't fully understand about the traverse breech

As our dear doodlebug explained, babies can be transverse (not traverse) OR breech in US terminology.  A transverse lie is a baby extended across the uterus being sideways to the birth canal and could be bottom up, down, or sideways while a breech is bottom down and may present buttocks or foot/leg.  Izzy was a transverse lie.  You could literally see the baby lying wrapped around Jill's middle before she gave birth. 

Jill may have been trying to express that Izzy was transverse, but with his bottom being on the downward side of his body toward the birth canal.  He was still transverse even in that position.

7 hours ago, becca3891 said:

What if there had been an emergency going on in their rural area and all the ambulances were far away?

I agree that she was foolish, but they really don't live in a rural area. I live a couple of counties away in a rural area where this could be a legitimate issue. They live right outside 4 of the largest cities in Arkansas: Bentonville, Springdale, Fayetteville, and Rogers. They were within easy access of numerous hospitals. People where I live drive over there because that's where everything is. In fact, I think their close proximity to medical care makes her decision even more foolish. 

Edited by Zella

Ah okay--I know the Duggars live in Tontitown, so I wasn't sure if it was there or actually in one of the cities.  Either way, their access to medical care (or anything, for that matter) is not limited due to location.

Edited by Zella

Depending on where Joy is, yes, that might be rural. But it's still pretty close to the conveniences of Fayetteville. That was something my uncle and his family liked about living there. They were only about 15 minutes from the University of Arkansas and everything in Fayetteville, but where they lived was in the country.

That's one thing that always mystified me about Michelle saying Jinger wanted to live in a town with a Wal-Mart. I get wanting to live in a bigger city, but it always made it seem like they were in the boonies, but they're really not. 

Edited by Zella
spelling
  • Love 1
On 3.3.2018 at 2:33 PM, Angeltoes said:

When Joy walked out of the chocolate shop on their honeymoon, and the camera showed a side view of her,  I thought she definitely looked pregnant.  And that shop looked really fun.

That shop really is fun. Been there a few times. My hometown is like 1 hour drive away.... I am slightly surprised they teached the class in english...Not that common in Switzerland.

On 9.3.2018 at 8:47 PM, libgirl2 said:

There is lots and lots of white wine in there... you use it for boiling the corn starck... and at the end you put the cheese inside... traditionally we drink white wine or/ and black tea with milk....when we eat a fondue.

• Love 3
On 3/6/2018 at 6:26 PM, graefin said:

Actually, I had the opposite reaction and was surprised there was even a debate. Dark cabinets are considered dated these days and white cabinets are in. Can't comment on the counters, but I thought the cabinets looked good (and yes, they should have been sanded prior to painting).

I love dark wood cabinets. I am not one for trends so what's 'in' usually doesn't make a difference to me. IMO, it looked so much better before. I thought the after was awful. Either way, it's not my kitchen so I hope Jinger and Jeremy genuinely like it.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2