Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did anyone else find it creepy when Ivanka Trump was answering questions about the allegations about her father she was smiling?

And good for Patton Oswald for finding happiness after the grief of him losing his wife.

I was surprised that Joy didn't make a joke about it.  It was creepy.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

Did joy ask if the violinist mother's was the plantation owner and his father was a slave? 

Yes she did, but no one cleared that up.  Most would think the father was the owner, but it was France, so .....

A simple Wikipedia search cleared it up. His father was the plantation owner and his mother was a slave.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

Did anyone else find it creepy when Ivanka Trump was answering questions about the allegations about her father she was smiling?

And good for Patton Oswald for finding happiness after the grief of him losing his wife.

Yes!! Very creeped out.  I'm finding  Oswald fantastic as a guest host. I love him and have read very moving things he's written about his battle with  depression.   I also  liked him on Chelsea Handlers round table. I was at a friends the other evening and he is on a sitcom with Neicy  Nash but doesn't look like something I would watch.  His childless wife as embraced his daughter which is wonderful.  Did  I hear correctly  when Joy asked  MM if there is anything out of bounds with her and she said ABC owns me?! 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And no one on the panel corrected her? That she was perpetuating and spreading false news?

They don't have anyone up to the task, but also, it isn't something I would (in all fairness) expect most people to remember without knowing it was going to be introduced. They don't all have ready access to @backformore

2 hours ago, backformore said:

She was just doing the thing she always does -   Ivanka?   But what about Chelsea Clinton?  Huh?   let me tell you something negative about Chelsea Clinton, of those crooked Clintons, and how she is worse because ten years ago, she refused to do an INTERVIEW!" 

Meghan was just repeating a story Republicans told about Chelsea, that WAS NOT TRUE. 

the truth behind chelsea's "snub"

I did notice that Meghan seemed to consciously twist what she said about that encounter between the  Scholastic reporter and Chelsea Clinton, too. Did anyone else pick up on that? MM changed her wording, mid-stream.

She started out saying, "So, Chelsea Clinton did that. She took a lot of heat, because in 2008, she said she couldn't actually give..."

Then Ms. McCain't seemed to decide it was time to skew things

"She--she refused an interview with a Scholastic reporter -- which is a child -- and obviously a children's publication. And there's a lot of criticism with Chelsea Clinton, that she was sort of also playing both hats*. So this has happened before."

To be clear, on the show, there was no gap between "couldn't actually give" and "She--she refused." I just broke it up for emphasis. 

I think she realized the story about Chelsea ended up being innocuous, but she chose to spread the insinuated lie, instead. She has got to go.

Does anyone here ever complain on The View's website (or Twitter or Facebook pages) about her? 

*I think she said "hats," but she could have said "halfs," and actually, it just sounded like "hat." None of which make sense. The word she was search for, to use in her lie, is roles

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Did  I hear correctly  when Joy asked  MM if there is anything out of bounds with her and she said ABC owns me?! 

She did say that.  And as far as nothing being out bounds, I'm going to call bullshit.  There are plenty of topics pertaining to her that could be brought up that haven't been.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

They don't have anyone up to the task, but also, it isn't something I would (in all fairness) expect most people to remember without knowing it was going to be introduced.

But they DO discuss what topics they will be talking about before the show starts. Whenever, or sometimes, they will say this: "We talked about this in our meeting..." So it's not as if they come out cold turkey. They have their fucking blue cards. If they didn't know what they were going to talk about, how else would Sunny be able to recite the facts, or any of them recite/repeat statements either in support of the topic or against it, etc.? Unless Meghan kept this to herself?

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whoopi thinks Uber should start an ambulance service?  Is she insane?  You would have to have licensed EMT's and the cost to hire those (and also the cost of insurance) would make the costs as high as an actual ambulance ride.

Was she stoned or high?

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But they DO discuss what topics they will be talking about before the show starts. Whenever, or sometimes, they will say this: "We talked about this in our meeting..." So it's not as if they come out cold turkey. They have their fucking blue cards. If they didn't know what they were going to talk about, how else would Sunny be able to recite the facts, or any of them recite/repeat statements either in support of the topic or against it, etc.? Unless Meghan kept this to herself?

They do, but I don't necessarily think they say every word. MM could have brought up the larger points of being a family member and surrogate in their meeting, without necessarily bringing up Chelsea. She also said it factually enough on the show that if she did bring it up in their meeting, they fell for her shit and didn't fact check her. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Whoopi thinks Uber should start an ambulance service?  Is she insane?  You would have to have licensed EMT's and the cost to hire those (and also the cost of insurance) would make the costs as high as an actual ambulance ride.

She should add that to her vision board , with her Airlines for children or whatever she thought of the other day. 

She has these ideas and acts like it's brilliant. Of course nobody will say that's just stupid Whoopi.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, General Days said:

They do, but I don't necessarily think they say every word. MM could have brought up the larger points of being a family member and surrogate in their meeting, without necessarily bringing up Chelsea. She also said it factually enough on the show that if she did bring it up in their meeting, they fell for her shit and didn't fact check her. 

So, don't you all think that astute viewers (ahem posters here)  would contact ABC to inform them of lies, damned lies, broadcast by Miss Moneybags?  

There had better be a retraction tomorrow......not that MissM will do it.....Sunny usually gets to read t h e legal "alleged" statements. 

• Love 8
Just now, Tosia said:

So, don't you all think that astute viewers (ahem posters here)  would contact ABC to inform them of lies, damned lies, broadcast by Miss Moneybags?  

There had better be a retraction tomorrow......not that MissM will do it.....Sunny usually gets to read t h e legal "alleged" statements. 

I asked (further down in my blah blah) if people here ever do contact the show to complain. She's an embarrassment and she's dragging the other co-hosts down, with her. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Tosia said:

Well, when they get something wrong, sometimes, they have Whoopi say they need to correct something from the day before. I'm hoping Sunny will also correct this. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, when they get something wrong, sometimes, they have Whoopi say they need to correct something from the day before. I'm hoping Sunny will also correct this. 

Don’t hold your breath. 

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, General Days said:

MM could have brought up the larger points of being a family member and surrogate in their meeting, without necessarily bringing up Chelsea.

They said Chelsea will be on the show next week, I think, so hopefully she addresses Meghan's incorrect statement.

49 minutes ago, bannana said:

I was surprised that Joy didn't make a joke about it.  It was creepy.

I agree - creepy as hell and something about Ivanka seems disingenuous.

13 minutes ago, General Days said:

I asked (further down in my blah blah) if people here ever do contact the show to complain. She's an embarrassment and she's dragging the other co-hosts down, with her. 

I sent ABC a complaint about Meghan on their website a couple months ago.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Don’t hold your breath. 

Especially with her mommy coming on. 

10 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

They said Chelsea will be on the show next week, I think, so hopefully she addresses Meghan's incorrect statement.

I sent ABC a complaint about Meghan on their website a couple months ago.

If they address it at all, I bet it will be some off-hand dissembling from MM. Blah. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Patton Oswalt - comedian, character actor, brilliant man. He was on "King of Queens"  playing Doug Heffernans' dweeby loser friend, and he has a part in a new show, "AP Bio".   

I liked him on K of Q - he was really funny.

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meghan's word for the day: exacerbate.  "The thing that really exacerbates me about this administration..."  I think you mean "exasperates."  I rewound twice to make sure she said what I thought she said. Lol.

I couldn't believe it either.  I guess they don't teach English at that fancy school she attended.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Tammee said:

She did make me laugh talking about Uber and her low rating 

I actually thought that was a funny story. It figures she was a PITA with Uber drivers. Maybe she can be trained to be more appealing on the show...naaaaah!

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

She's not spontaneous at all.  Very conscious of self.  Very modelling school & finishing school.  Have you seen her walk?  Very runway.

• Love 12

I am always late to the show here living in MST.  

I found it hysterical that Meggie responded  to Joy’s empathy toward Ivanka with a barb to Chelsea!   She is in perpetual ‘I am taking my ball and going home’ mode.  So much so she doesn’t listen! 

I am surprised ABC doesn’t tell Whoopi to stop the valley girl speak or have someone else read the fluff news.  It is disrespectful and obnoxious.  Patton did a witty recovery on bedroom temp. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13

Heather Graham doesn't age.

3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is it really all that creepy? She's been trained to always put out a professional face, so I don't see anything different here. She could also be the type to smile more when frustrated. I have that problem and people, outside of my family, wonder why I'm smiling so much when I'm actually trying to keep my cool. It was an appropriate question to ask the President's advisor, but at the same time that's her dad and it would be hard for any child to not believe their parent or vice versa.

I could see the smiling as a 'trying to keep everything under control' thing as oppose to smiling and being happy.

2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Uber is such a shady company. Not with how they ignore the taxi laws in their cities, but also with how they treat their workers as well. I'm not familiar with how much it costs to get an ambulance in the States, but a quick google search shows that the topic shouldn't be about rideshare vs. ambulances, but why it needs to cost so much to help someone in need. They could have done more with that segment.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Why was Meghan annoyed that Joy was trying to empathize with Ivanka? I don't think that explaining that Ivanka is in an emotionally tough position is "projecting." Even if you don't like her, you can understand that it's hard to hear that kind of thing about your dad. That said, the reporter's question was totally appropriate. He would have been remiss in his duty if he didn't ask that question. 

I don't think Joy was trying to empathize with Ivanka at all, rather, I think she was suggesting that Ivanka was covering up for her dad. Joy said, "She probably believes it (the sexual harassment allegations)...." This is when MM interjected with, "we can't pontificate on what we think Ivanka feels." I kinda agree with MM.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I don't think Joy was trying to empathize with Ivanka at all, rather, I think she was suggesting that Ivanka was covering up for her dad. Joy said, "She probably believes it (the sexual harassment allegations)...." This is when MM interjected with, "we can't pontificate on what we think Ivanka feels." I kinda agree with MM.

Pontificate.   At least Meghan used that word correctly.

• Love 4
Just now, Haleth said:

Did she?  Or did she mean speculate?

Yes, Haleth!!! 

Speculate makes sense.  Maybe we need a translator for MM misuse of big words (big with 2-3 syllables) to her, obviously). 

Although it's a stretch, "pontificate " could have been used as a slam against Joy....but I don't think MM is that smart --vocabulary-wise, even if her hateful venom is over-flowing.  

Speaking of hate and anger, how does that fit into MM's morning talks with God? Is he coaching her?  Or is she mistaking the devil for the deity--because the words are similar, and we know her strong- suit is not literacy. 

So, if there's no correction to  MM's twisted story on Chelsea,  would it count as fake news?  What's next?   Plagiarism?   ;)

And finally,  is MM's attack on Chelsea a symptom of jealousy towards the Presidential-daughter who actually got to live in the White House for 2 terms, and knows more about politics than MM could even dream of?   

All of the above.   Heading to the liquor store to stock up.  Cheers, all!

• Love 17

Patton was great and I can't wait to read Michelle's book (I'm a true crime buff recently). It's very sad - the case practically consumed her in her final days. Patton wrote the afterword.

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

It was kind of mixed, IMO. I don't think Joy was empathizing with vanka as a national adviser to the president, but definitely was as a daughter of divorce. She even said "As a mother...", but Meghan must have been rolling her eyes like crazy because she gave her the floor before really finishing.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

Patton was great and I can't wait to read Michelle's book (I'm a true crime buff recently). It's very sad - the case practically consumed her in her final days. 

It was kind of mixed, IMO. I don't think Joy was empathizing with vanka as a national adviser to the president, but definitely was as a daughter of divorce. She even said "As a mother...", but Meghan must have been rolling her eyes like crazy because she gave her the floor before really finishing.

I love true crime, too.  Have you read anything by Ann Rule?  

I saw empathy coming from Joy.  She acknowledged the tough position Ivanka was in and concluded saying nepotism should never have happened.  And we all speculate all the time especially with politics.   Nothing wrong with that. 

• Love 14

OK, did anyone notice when it was stated that Chelsea would be on next week, Meghan twitched.  I replayed it and yeah, she twitched, like she was surprised at the news that Chelsea would be on and was thinking, "Crap, now I have to face Chelsea after what I said about her."

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, Wings said:

I love true crime, too.  Have you read anything by Ann Rule?  

I saw empathy coming from Joy.  She acknowledged the tough position Ivanka was in and concluded saying nepotism should never have happened.  And we all speculate all the time especially with politics.   Nothing wrong with that. 

OMGosh, Ann Rule's book about Ted Bundy scared me shitless for a long time.  It really  stayed with me.  So much so I havent been able to read any of her books since.  Funny, Im a bigtime horror fan and thriller type, but true crime is whats keeps me up at night tossing and turning

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Tammee said:

OMGosh, Ann Rule's book about Ted Bundy scared me shitless for a long time.  It really  stayed with me.  So much so I havent been able to read any of her books since.  Funny, Im a bigtime horror fan and thriller type, but true crime is whats keeps me up at night tossing and turning

She worked with Ted in the same social service office and knew him well.  They laughed that he had the same car as the killer.   chilling.  He worked right there next to a true crime author! 

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

OK, did anyone notice when it was stated that Chelsea would be on next week, Meghan twitched.  I replayed it and yeah, she twitched, like she was surprised at the news that Chelsea would be on and was thinking, "Crap, now I have to face Chelsea after what I said about her."

The producer in the control room Is quick to give us shots of her face and her ever present habit of taking a sip of water when she is nervous. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea says nothing about MM's lie.  After eight years of being relentlessly attacked by Limbaugh and his ilk, she has very thick skin. She's even managed to remain friends with Ivanka after Trump's endless obsession with Hilary.  Unlike Ivanka, Chelsea seems very comfortable In her own skin and hasn't had endless surgeries to appeal to the male gaze. 

3 hours ago, Wings said:

She worked with Ted in the same social service office and knew him well.  They laughed that he had the same car as the killer.   chilling.  He worked right there next to a true crime author! 

The producer in the control room Is quick to give us shots of her face and her ever present habit of taking a sip of water when she is nervous. 

She said he walked her to her car at night so she would be safe!  Luckily she wasn't his type. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And no one on the panel corrected her? That she was perpetuating and spreading false news?

Maybe it's not allowed?

4 hours ago, Tammee said:

OMGosh, Ann Rule's book about Ted Bundy scared me shitless for a long time.  It really  stayed with me.  So much so I havent been able to read any of her books since

My first true crime book was "In Cold Blood," and after that every. book Ann. Rule. wrote (in the true crime genre).  FASCINATIN'.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Wings said:

I've noticed that happening a lot more now, than when she first came on the show.

I missed the show yesterday, and not sure if I have the patience/stamina to watch today.  Is Cindy at all likable, or worse than her daughter?

• Love 5