Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I don't think Joy was trying to empathize with Ivanka at all, rather, I think she was suggesting that Ivanka was covering up for her dad. Joy said, "She probably believes it (the sexual harassment allegations)...." This is when MM interjected with, "we can't pontificate on what we think Ivanka feels." I kinda agree with MM.

Well I don't. Because she had NO PROBLEM interjecting and TELLING Senator Durbin, while she was slurping her drink and snapping her head, when he was on the show, that SHE KNEW the "HEART" of whatever that other Republican Senator was thinking, in response to Durbin's statement that he worked with her father for years and respected him. So yeah, based on her tone deafness on other matters and the dead eyes look on her face, I can speculate all I want, as can the other hosts, if they want to. Ivanka PUT herself in that position. So she can now damn well fucking take it.

11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

OK, did anyone notice when it was stated that Chelsea would be on next week, Meghan twitched.  I replayed it and yeah, she twitched, like she was surprised at the news that Chelsea would be on and was thinking, "Crap, now I have to face Chelsea after what I said about her."

Either she won't be at the table, or if she will, she'll not say a word. If she opens her pie hole, Chelsea will, in the most polite and professional way, wipe the floor with her.

6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Maybe it's not allowed?

It used to be. Then again, the other time, more recent it happened, it was Sunny defending herself and explaining to Meghan, that the latter twisted Sunny's words from the day before. So I guess it's only allowed when Meghan is lying about her co-hosts?

I swear, this ignorant fool thinks this show is ABC's version of Cross-Fire, or is trying to turn it into that. Before she came on, I knew pretty much nothing about her, and was willing to give her a chance. She revealed her true nature on her first day. On DAY ONE. She can't get off my screen soon enough.

And OH PLEASE, with the tweeting about your "Mama" coming on today. It's going to be so softball, it'll be like whiffle ball. 

• Love 12

Okay, I'll say something nice about MM, even though I loathe her.  She is a very pretty woman, and I never before realized how much she and her mother look alike. They are both beautiful women.  -   And I don't know if this is a compliment or a criticism, but wowie wow, I just now noticed how extremely well-endowed Meghan is; quite seriously well-endowed.  How did that escape me? 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I just now noticed how extremely well-endowed Meghan is; quite seriously well-endowed.  How did that escape me?

Whaaaat?! I noticed long before her days on The View. How did that escape you?!

4 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

They are both beautiful women. 

I agree and I loathe Meghan as well.

Why did it take this long for Jared Kushner to lose his security clearance? Just kiddin', I know the answer.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Why does Cindy McCain seem thousands of times more sensible than her daughter?

Age and Cindy isn't trying to prove herself.  She knows who she is.  Meghan is still trying to find herself.

5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

And I don't know if this is a compliment or a criticism, but wowie wow, I just now noticed how extremely well-endowed Meghan is; quite seriously well-endowed.  How did that escape me? 

How did you not see it at the table?   Most days it's Meghan's head and her boobs in the shot.

• Love 12

Everyone is on their best behavior today. No arguing (or eye rolling or water slurping) while mama's there.

Meghan is blushing with the sex talk in front of mama.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Everyone is on their best behavior today. No arguing (or eye rolling or water slurping) while mama's there.

It's very soft-ball today, no surprise.

LOL @ Joy saying "just do your thing and get off of me," when it comes to sex. Haha

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

For those of us who don't have access to the show right now, can someone let us know what C&M said about Trump's remarks at CPAC about Sen.  McCain?

Meghan said the comments were "incredibly hurtful." Cindy said, "We need more compassion, we need more empathy, we need more togetherness," and that "we don't need more bullying."

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan said the comments were "incredibly hurtful." Cindy said, "We need more compassion, we need more empathy, we need more togetherness," and that "we don't need more bullying."

Meghan: Please take note of what your Mama said about "more empathy, togetherness" and no bullying. As these are the traits that are ever so lacking in yourself every damn day.

5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Nepotism? ??? With her daughter sitting right there????

Right. 

Huh? I don't understand this. Meghan's parents don't own ABC or are in the higher ups or producers on this show, so hiring her isn't a case of nepotism. As I thought the term was applied for family members. You know, like Ivanka, Jared, and Ivanka's jackass brothers working in the White House or involved in some way. That's nepotism.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Nepotism? ??? With her daughter sitting right there????

Right. 

Yes!  I was thinking how ironic it is that nepotism can work upward as well as downward, and that's why Momma was sitting at the table.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 6

Just watching now.  Cindy is critizing Trump why can’t Meggie see what her mother sees? 

Makeup person over did the white liner on the bottom of MMs eyes.  It is a trick to make eyes look bigger. When done properly maybe it works.  Not doing it here! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan: Please take note of what your Mama said about "more empathy, togetherness" and no bullying. As these are the traits that are ever so present in yourself every damn day.

Huh? I don't understand this. Meghan's parents don't own ABC or are in the higher ups or producers on this show, so hiring her isn't a case of nepotism. As I thought the term was applied for family members. You know, like Ivanka, Jared, and Ivanka's jackass brothers working in the White House or involved in some way. That's nepotism.

100 likes 

• Love 2

My dad told me about sex.  He was a doctor and pulled out some medical books to show me.  I then told the neighborhood kids, books and all.  My dad got some phone calls, thanking him and said I did a good job!  

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan: Please take note of what your Mama said about "more empathy, togetherness" and no bullying. As these are the traits that are ever so lacking in yourself every damn day

Interesting to me, though was that Cindy talked about more togetherness and less fighting, seeming to mean across the board, all elected officials.  Meghan then agreed, but she talked about togetherness "within the party."  

It's like "we should all work together"   and the response is "yeah, work together to defeat the liberals."   At least that's my take on it. 

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

Interesting to me, though was that Cindy talked about more togetherness and less fighting, seeming to mean across the board, all elected officials.  Meghan then agreed, but she talked about togetherness "within the party."  

It's like "we should all work together"   and the response is "yeah, work together to defeat the liberals."   At least that's my take on it. 

I absofuckinglutely agree!  Totally transparent. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7

My nepotism comment about Cindy and Meghan was meant to say that MM got jobs based on her last name, not skills.

I don't know what a term for that is right now.  Nepotism adjacent???  :)

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Tosia said:

I don't know what a term for that is right now.  Nepotism adjacent???  :)

Opportunistic on ABC's part and cluelessness on Meghan's part.  Meghan really does believe she is in the position because she has something useful to offer.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Opportunistic on ABC's part and cluelessness on Meghan's part.  Meghan really does believe she is in the position because she has something useful to offer.

Exactly! was Meggie dismissed from Fox News? I have seen her on there, she was nothing special. She was not eloquent in expressing her views over there.  She is not interesting enough to be on Television.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly! was Meggie dismissed from Fox News? I have seen her on there, she was nothing special. She was not eloquent in expressing her views over there.  She is not interesting enough to be on Television.  

No. She left shortly after her father's diagnosis, citing wanting to spend time with her family as the reason. Then a month later, she shows up here.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Wings said:

My dad told me about sex.  He was a doctor and pulled out some medical books to show me.  I then told the neighborhood kids, books and all.  My dad got some phone calls, thanking him and said I did a good job!  

I bet all the other parents were breathing a collective sigh of relief that they were now let off the hook about "the talk".  Lol.  How awesome of your dad to do that.  Was it less uncomfortable having it explained in a clinical context (I'm assuming here) rather than the usual awkward personal one?

As to Meggie's bewbs, I think I never noticed their 'prominence' because I was too focused on her hideous hairdos and outrageous outfits.   She looked fairly normal today (well, for her anyway) so maybe that's why they jumped out at me.  ?

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, backformore said:

In the first five minutes of the show, Cindy McCain received more applause from the audience than Meghan has received the entire time she's been on the show.

Maybe Cindy could replace her.  lol

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I bet all the other parents were breathing a collective sigh of relief that they were now let off the hook about "the talk".  Lol.  How awesome of your dad to do that.  Was it less uncomfortable having it explained in a clinical context (I'm assuming here) rather than the usual awkward personal one?

I was excited to finally get my questions answered. I don't recall being uncomfortable. I had been asking my mother and she would say when you get married God plants the seed (baby).  She wasn't even religious!  

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Wings said:

I love true crime, too.  Have you read anything by Ann Rule?  

I'm reading one from the library right now! I think it's called "In the Still of the Night"? A 30-year-old woman's death in rural Washington is ruled a suicide and her mom and Ann Rule are NOT about it.

Cindy McCain has worked with Amy Klobuchar, a DEMOCRAT from Minnesota, to combat human trafficking.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

Cindy told Meghan about abstinence and let the boys find out about sex on their own. ....and there is the problem .

Yes!  In this day and age it is incredible.  MM is younger than I am by 20 years.  My little sister was born when my brother and I were 5 yrs old.  My parents told us EXACTLY what happens to get pregnant and exactly what happens to birth a baby.  They then proceeded, on a regular basis, to go into sex talk of all kinds including the emotional aspect of casual sex.  It got to the point that by the time we were teens we would cover our ears and go, "nananananananana", so we wouldn't have to hear one more sentence.  We would come home from school and there would be a pamphlet from Planned Parenthood on the fridge with phone number and directions to the local office.  Jars of condoms were placed in the bathrooms.  If that wasn't enough they signed us up for a week course, outside of health class, for more instruction and movies of women giving birth.  We have all replicated the same instruction with our own kids.  I will say that the movies scared the shit out of me and had to be completely put under for birth.  Natural childbirth?  No way.

Abstinence based?  LOL.  MM and Sunny are both prudes in that respect.  MM saying she was embarrassed by her discussing sex with her mother was odd.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Okay, I'll say something nice about MM, even though I loathe her.  She is a very pretty woman, and I never before realized how much she and her mother look alike. They are both beautiful women.  -   And I don't know if this is a compliment or a criticism, but wowie wow, I just now noticed how extremely well-endowed Meghan is; quite seriously well-endowed.  How did that escape me? 

How did that escape you?  Well, once you notice it, you never miss it.

I noticed it in her wedding pictures, she is showing off quite a bit of skin. The dress was pretty but not Meghan.

Meghan isn't thin, so that is one reason she is quite seriously well-endowed.  While she doesn't talk about it like Sherri did, I think she likes it just as much.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

Cindy told Meghan about abstinence and let the boys find out about sex on their own. ....and there is the problem .

Well it clearly didn't work; because I remember during her first weeks how Meghan talked about having pre-marital sex with her exes when she was in Meanie California.

2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

She really is a 50's housewife!

She and BAB would get on famously.

4 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Abstinence based?  LOL.  MM and Sunny are both prudes in that respect.  MM saying she was embarrassed by her discussing sex with her mother was odd.

Cindy may have told her, but Meghan didn't listen. As I stated above, and Meghan has also talked about having sex with boyfriends. Brags about licking her hubby's ear when hussies try to flirt and hit on him; only gets the horrors when talking about masturbation and oral sex. Which, she learned from Monica Lewisnky, if you didn't know.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, buffynut said:

Is Cindy at all likable, or worse than her daughter?

I found her very likeable and I'm in the Phoenix area.  I've never had favorable impressions--she seemed stiff.  The times she's on TV here are usually stressful, so it was nice to see her being a real person this morning.

• Love 10
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well it clearly didn't work; because I remember during her first weeks how Meghan talked about having pre-marital sex with her exes when she was in Meanie California.

30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Cindy may have told her, but Meghan didn't listen. As I stated above, and Meghan has also talked about having sex with boyfriends. Brags about licking her hubby's ear when hussies try to flirt and hit on him; only gets the horrors when talking about masturbation and oral sex. Which, she learned from Monica Lewisnky, if you didn't know.

Also S.E Cupp told us about hearing Meghan have loud sex with her husband.  Not sure if they were married yet.

• Love 6

I think some are mixing "nepotism" with opportunism on the part of ABC.    

Definition of nepotism: favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship.  From the Italian nepote: nephew.

Just now, blondiec0332 said:

Also S.E Cupp told us about hearing Meghan have loud sex with her husband.  Not sure if they were married yet.

Wasn't that on their wedding weekend at the ranch in Cornville...oops, I mean (the more upscale) Sedona?

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. She left shortly after her father's diagnosis, citing wanting to spend time with her family as the reason. Then a month later, she shows up here.

Yep, she was canned and gave a face saving reason to explain her disappearance.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9

Well I haven't yet figured out how to ditch that quote box, so sorry about that.  Ok about the ep, I am a Hugely big fangirl about Lockdown, and it just tickled me that Mrs and Mr McCain are big fans too!  Whodathunkit  hehe  also the sex talk segment was hysterical only because of Meg's reactions

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Well I haven't yet figured out how to ditch that quote box, so sorry about that.  Ok about the ep, I am a Hugely big fangirl about Lockdown, and it just tickled me that Mrs and Mr McCain are big fans too!  Whodathunkit  hehe  also the sex talk segment was hysterical only because of Meg's reactions

I just put it on my DVR.  Sounds better than the usual ghost hunters.  I also liked hearing him say we don't know what it is.  He did not go into the false assumption that they are souls stuck/trapped.  That just does not happen. Too many believable sources say that is rubbish. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

I found her very likeable and I'm in the Phoenix area.  I've never had favorable impressions--she seemed stiff.  The times she's on TV here are usually stressful, so it was nice to see her being a real person this morning.

I liked her a lot also.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Tammee said:

If you hit the edit button, then hover your cursor over the upper left hand corner and click on it. Then hit delete, it will go away. If it doesn't work, just hit the report button and a moderator can fix it for you.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Wings said:

My dad was the one to give me the talk.  Not a doctor, no books, nothing.  And it went that way too hah he left out MAJOR central things important in the talk lol  he did the best he could.  Least he did it.  I dont have kids, so he cant throw that back at me. Wait until you have to do it with your own kids yada yada

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

If you hit the edit button, then hover your cursor over the upper left hand corner and click on it. Then hit delete, it will go away. If it doesn't work, just hit the report button and a moderator can fix it for you.

Oh great, thanks.  Dont know what I hit to enable it, but its gone now woohoo!  Thanks!

• Love 2