Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Wings said:

You do not have to defend the republican party or Trump.  It is okay not to agree with everything.  You won't lose your conservative status. 

Meghan has already twisted herself like a pretzel to defend the indefensible many, many, many times. Why stop now?

I'm perplexed at how Meghan doesn't see the HYPOCRISY by Ryan & McConnell. They had no problem giving Colin Kaepernick hell for exercising his 1st Amendment rights but crickets on the Parkland shooting except their usual thoughts & prayers. Shame on them.

2 minutes ago, Wings said:

Was she invited or can anyone go?

I believe they were invited to speak. 

"Leading scientists, patients, families, religious leaders, government representatives and more from across the globe will join The Cura Foundation's Unite to Cure event to discuss the latest innovations and research that will prevent and treat disease."

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Guess little Meg will have to charter planes.  Lucky for her she's a trust fund baby.  Why she thinks she's entitled to this discount, when a tiny percentage of the public even wants to be in the NRA.  If you ask me, I hope NRA members boycott any flight I ever take.  I would feel so much safer knowing there were no gun nuts on my plane.

Well,  it costs about $30 or so in dues to be in the NRA.  If people travel a lot, the airfare and car rental discount can be worth the membership fee. so people can join primarily for the discounts.  Then, the NRA gets to present themselves as a strong force with SO MANY members.   Without the discounts, members will stop paying their dues, and membership declines, deflating the NRA's power of numbers.   Meghan's an idiot for thinking that this means anything other than the fact that people found out companies gave NRA members discounts, and objected, so companies are re-considering their policies.  travel companies give all sots of discounts to people of various occupations, and organizations.  it's not exclusive to NRA. 

I joined AARP one year because I was told I could get discounts on travel, and I was planning a trip.  $25 a year, or something like that (maybe for me & husband?)  anyway, the discounts on airfare and car rental covered about $25.  I didn't renew my membership, I didn't think it was worth it. (plus, I'm not retired, just old).

My point it that it's how organizations become a political force - by numbers.  and the way to get numbers is to provide incentives.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 17

Loved when Meredith told MM that she had interviewed her father many, many times and while she disagreed with him on points he was a lovely man.  See this show does not have to be a walk-on-eggshells type of show.  I am unclear as to what is indefensible and what is not.

• Love 17

Was Meghan trying to say the NRA shouldn't be politicized because companies are ending their partnerships with them?  The NRA is a lobbying group who gives tens of millions of dollars to politicians.  She really doesn't want to hear any criticism against them does she?

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan has already twisted herself like a pretzel to defend the indefensible many, many, many times. Why stop now?

I'm perplexed at how Meghan doesn't see the HYPOCRISY by Ryan & McConnell. They had no problem giving Colin Kaepernick hell for exercising his 1st Amendment rights but crickets on the Parkland shooting except their usual thoughts & prayers. Shame on them.

Yes, she was getting very agitated about this, and exasperated when she said:  I don't know what you expect them to say or do?  Whoopi ever so gently and repeatedly pointed out that she was wondering why they are silent on the gun issue, but are quick to speak out when athletes take a knee.  And Elsa was just pissy, for  no good reason at all.  She said Rubio got slaughtered (which I don't agree with, I thought he did very well at the town hall) so why should they go there.  That was a pretty weak point.  But really, in all of her points today, she was just so defensive when it wasn't about her at all.

Elsa really had a scowly look throughout the show today, moreso than usual.

Edited by bannana
my shitty spelling
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is a special snowflake and it is nauseating how the ladies are being so considerate of her feelings. 

Megan going to the Vatican is another example on how life is unfair. Bollocks!

Especially because  she doesn't do the same for them.

Never seen MM as happy as today when Joy said she does believe in capital punishment in some cases, and would like a gun in the woods, if alone. It's like she won something.  Meghan people are complex,  not everyone's beliefs are black and white.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Tosia said:

Maybe the NRA is paying ABC BIG $ to keep MM on the panel.  What is going on with treating her with kid gloves?  Barf-inducing viewing.  

Just think, MM can add the pope as a friend soon.  LOL, if it wasn't true. :( 

Meredith, please return for guest hosting.  Please.

She's got to have something on them. Either that or they don't want to be taken off her friends list.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Yes, she was getting very agitated about this, and exasperated when she said:  I don't know what you expect them to say or do?  Whoopi ever so gently and repeatedly pointed out that she was wondering why they are silent on the gun issue, but are quick to speak out when athletes take a knee.  And Elsa was just pissy, for  no good reason at all.  She said Rubio got slaughtered (which I don't agree with, I thought he did very well at the town hall) so why should they go there.  That was a pretty weak point.  But really, in all of her points today, she was just so defensive when it wasn't about her at all.

Elsa really had a scowly look throughout the show today, moreso than usual.

I think she is frustrated defending the indefensible.   Hey Meghan here is a thought.  Stop.  Start thinking for yourself.  

• Love 15

Oh JEEBUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A CRACKER!

Good thing I have a half bottle of Moët which is still bubbly! to drink when Meghan again has a friend at CPAC!?? She really is stupid for someone who claims to have grown up living with politics her whole life.

I’m not going to rehash what everyone else has already stated, but would like to point out, that Bernie is not a Democrat, like Meghan said he was. He’s an Independent.???

And Meghan? The airlines did NOT say they wouldn’t allow gun owners on the plane. Just that they would not give NRA members discounts, and stop doing business with them. “This Girl” talking and acting like she is going to affect the sales if she no longer flies.

Meredith should have been able to speak to inform Meghan why McConnell and Ryan’s silence was so hypocritical. Again with Lewinsky???

Revisionist history with her. 

• Love 15

So, according to Meghan, the Clintons are a virus, and his scandals will never go away? Really? What happened with President Clinton is TAME compared to what’s happening today.

Oh the HORROR!!! She learned about oral sex from the Lewinsky affair!????

Like I believe that.

• Love 23

I thought that when Sunny brought up the companies that no longer wanted partnerships with the NRA, she was very cleverly baiting Meghan.  Sunny got  huge applause, as she knew she would, and then Meghan (as the only NRA member at the table, if I recall correctly) got all huffy and defensive, and LIED, saying that airlines were going to prohibit gun owners from flying.  HA!

But, after the way Meghan has treated Sunny recently, I hope Sunny got some satisfaction from Meghan's little tirade. Vilify!  Tribal!

And of course Meghan is "fascinated"  by the Monica Lewinski story. The rest of the world is bored by it, but Meghan finds it fascinating.   She is acting like all the other Republicans, who see the "Me Too"  movement as being about Al Franken and Bill Clinton only.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh the HORROR!!! She learned about oral sex from the Lewinsky affair!????

Like I believe that.

I do believe it.  She was 13-14 at the time and in a household where no one spoke of sex.  Additionally, that was one of the major complaints of America's parents--that because of all the blatant news reports, they had to explain some sexual things to their kids that they (mostly) didn't even want to discuss with their peers.  It's also where we were instructed...that oral sex isn't really "sex."  Those many who considered oral sex more intimate and "scandalous" than intercourse were in for a re-education a la 1998.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

View Your Deal = Bathroom break & check what everyone has to say here!!

Oprah's Adam Glassman with View Your Deal.  Cute enough face. Great hair.  He has the voice of Selma Diamond.          (anyone old enough to get that comparison?)

• Love 8
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I kinda remember Whoopi being a member of the NRA? Anyone else?

Yeah, I think I remember her saying that before.  (Maybe?  Maybe not?)  Perhaps she dropped it or she certainly would have set Meghan straight about her being a member too.

I emailed FedEx and told them I'd no longer be doing business with them.  Like they'll care.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Seems to me MM must have known about sex before Monica.

I believe Whoopi is a gun owner, but not a member of the NRA. Only Meghan, the unacknowledged center of the universe, has the honor of being the co-host who is a member of the NRA. Witness her totally tasteful distress at having to pay full price for goods and services. 

Edited by Vanderboom
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And Meghan didn't thank Meredith saying nice things about her father.  Bitch.

Meghan expects everyone to say nice things about her father. 

Meghan doesn't expect to be expected to say thank you.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

I do believe it.  She was 13-14 at the time and in a household where no one spoke of sex.  Additionally, that was one of the major complaints of America's parents--that because of all the blatant news reports, they had to explain some sexual things to their kids that they (mostly) didn't even want to discuss with their peers.  It's also where we were instructed...that oral sex isn't really "sex."  Those many who considered oral sex more intimate and "scandalous" than intercourse were in for a re-education a la 1998.

When I say that, I mean, that I doubt her parents let her be "exposed" to what was going on with respect to the Clinton Lewinsky "affair." I put it in quotes because it was just what? one blowjob? So I don't believe she learned about oral sex from this scandal.

8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Seems to me MM must have known about sex before Monica.

Well, I'm sure; unless schools in AZ forbade teaching sex education? I learned about sex in the fifth grade--but my parents had to sign a permission slip allowing me to learn. And that was in MD in 1981.

I know Whoopi is a gun owner, which is why Meghan doesn't argue with her on that topic. Well hell, she never argues with Whoopi on any topic, so just ignore this sentence.

2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I believe Whoopi is a gun owner, but not a member of the NRA. Only Meghan, the unacknowledged center of the universe, has the honor of being the co-host who is a member of the NRA. Witness her totally tasteful distress at having to pay full price for goods and services. 

Right. gun owner. Maybe she used to be a member of the NRA? I can't recall. But she is a gun owner. As are a lot of liberals. It's not just the Republicans who own guns, Meghan!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
56 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Right. gun owner. Maybe she used to be a member of the NRA? I can't recall. But she is a gun owner. As are a lot of liberals. It's not just the Republicans who own guns, Meghan!

Now GHSCORPIO you know only Meghan's "people" are part of the "gun culture" she is always talking about.  

• Love 10

Meggie claims the Trump family isn't "politically trained" yet she isn't, either (BTW what the hell is "politically trained"?! I guess she means in terms of talking to the media so I'll go with that). 

Chelsea Clinton was NOT a senior adviser to her, not did she have her own office in the west wing.

SHUT. UP. MEGHAN! Also, shut up Ivanka! Your dad is also your boss so cry us all a river.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 16

Why was Meghan annoyed that Joy was trying to empathize with Ivanka? I don't think that explaining that Ivanka is in an emotionally tough position is "projecting." Even if you don't like her, you can understand that it's hard to hear that kind of thing about your dad. That said, the reporter's question was totally appropriate. He would have been remiss in his duty if he didn't ask that question. 

• Love 23

Did joy ask if the violinist mother's was the plantation owner and his father was a slave? 

Please producers,  don't  bring up marriage topics, it  will save us from  Whoopi's dumb valley girl accent ugh!

I did lol at sunny not wanting her husband's ex at his graduation, even though she was also graduating.  Ha!

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan's word for the day: exacerbate.  "The thing that really exacerbates me about this administration..."  I think you mean "exasperates."  I rewound twice to make sure she said what I thought she said. Lol.

We really need to make a list.

What?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Early onset dementia ? ? ?

It's kinda looking like that ... no???

28 minutes ago, imjagain said:

Did joy ask if the violinist mother's was the plantation owner and his father was a slave? 

Yes she did, but no one cleared that up.  Most would think the father was the owner, but it was France, so .....

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Why was Meghan annoyed that Joy was trying to empathize with Ivanka?

She was just doing the thing she always does -   Ivanka?   But what about Chelsea Clinton?  Huh?   let me tell you something negative about Chelsea Clinton, of those crooked Clintons, and how she is worse because ten years ago, she refused to do an INTERVIEW!" 

Meghan was just repeating a story Republicans told about Chelsea, that WAS NOT TRUE. 

the truth behind chelsea's "snub"

"How do you think your father would be as First Man?" I asked as part of an assignment by Scholastic to write stories about the candidates' kids. "I'm sorry," Chelsea said, "but I can't talk to press, and unfortunately that means you, even though I think you're cute."

That was how it all started.A reporter from the AP (Associated Press) overheard our conversation and wrote a story headlined "Chelsea Clinton Snubs 9-year-old Reporter." When I got home that night, the Fox News Channel called. They asked me if I would come and be on their show American Morning.

The next morning, on the way to the interview, my Aunt Chris called us on the cell phone. "Do you know what they are saying about Sydney and Chelsea?" she asked. "They are running previews on Fox News saying that fourth-grade kid reporter Sydney Rieckhoff gets snubbed by Chelsea Clinton."

My mom told me what was happening and asked me to tell the truth because Chelsea was actually very nice to me. I did not feel snubbed. Even though I am only 9 years old, I am a journalist and that's how she treated me. When we got to the interview, I was taken to an outside TV set that displayed the Des Moines River and the state capitol building in the background. They asked me if Chelsea snubbed me.

"No, she was very nice and she took her picture with me," I told them.

1 minute ago, OnTime said:

I had no idea who this guest co-host was. Why did they need to spend five minutes on him? I'm exhausted.

Just get to the topics.

Patton Oswalt - comedian, character actor, brilliant man. He was on "King of Queens"  playing Doug Heffernans' dweeby loser friend, and he has a part in a new show, "AP Bio".   

patton Oswalt

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, backformore said:

She was just doing the thing she always does -   Ivanka?   But what about Chelsea Clinton?  Huh?   let me tell you something negative about Chelsea Clinton, of those crooked Clintons, and how she is worse because ten years ago, she refused to do an INTERVIEW!" 

Meghan was just repeating a story Republicans told about Chelsea, that WAS NOT TRUE. 

the truth behind chelsea's "snub"

Patton Oswalt - comedian, character actor, brilliant man. He was on "King of Queens"  playing Doug Heffernans' dweeby loser friend, and he has a part in a new show, "AP Bio".   

patton Oswalt

Thank you for posting this.  I never heard of this. What a load a crap.  Ugh Megan,  I wasn't going to even mention her, but that was such a typical twisted version of what happened.  Thanks. 

I love Patton Oswalt.  

• Love 7

So, will MM set the story on the 9 year old reporter and Chrlsea straight tomorrow?  

Bets are 1 million to 1, NO. 

Her misuse of big words shows her stupidity. This frequent occurrence has got to be a joke behind the scenes at ABC and Faux, or among those that worked with MM previously and were subject to her preferential treatment, even though she has no credentials to be anywhere near a microphone.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Meghan's word for the day: exacerbate.  "The thing that really exacerbates me about this administration..."  I think you mean "exasperates."  I rewound twice to make sure she said what I thought she said. Lol.

I am thinking we might wanna change our pet name for her from "elsa" to"norma crosby"

• Love 10
1 hour ago, backformore said:

let me tell you something negative about Chelsea Clinton, of those crooked Clintons, and how she is worse because ten years ago, she refused to do an INTERVIEW!" 

And no one on the panel corrected her? That she was perpetuating and spreading false news?

• Love 9

It was such a confusing conversation.  Elsa was clearly "exacerbated" by something that Joy and Sunny were saying, even though I couldn't figure out what it was.  Then she is told to make her point, she looks like she is going to start climbing around on her chair again, then, flustered, say's: it's irrelevant.  Then to coddle Miss Elsa, they come back from break and talk about the same thing.  

Joy's reactions to Elsa's little fits are always entertaining.

• Love 14