Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/26/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: Former "The View" co-host Meredith Vieira guest hosts; "View Your Deal" with hot items at affordable prices.

Tuesday: Actor and comic Patton Oswalt guest co-hosts and talks about "I'll Be Gone in the Dark"; "Half Magic" director and actress Heather Graham.

Wednesday: Sen. John McCain's wife, Cindy McCain, guest co-hosts; "Day of Hot Topics."

Thursday: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice guest co-hosts; "Woke-ish" star Marlon Wayans.

Friday: Political commentator Ana Navarro guest co-hosts; Broadway's "Escape to Margaritaville" singer Jimmy Buffett.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Monday just looked a little brighter with Meredith guest co-hosting... hopefully, Meghan will be polite enough not to interrupt Meredith.  And Ana on Friday will truly be a TGIF.

Meredith was always my favorite.  If Meghan doesn't show her the respect she deserves I might have to cut the bitch. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Patton Oswalt cohosting?  Why God?  Why?

Why not? He's hilarious and smart. I follow him on Twitter, and love his take on things.

ETA: Patton Oswalt's wife wrote a true-crime book before she died.  It has since been published, and he is promoting it. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It would have been a more perfect birthday present to have Ana AND Meredith on Monday. But I won’t look this gift horse in the mouth.??

Happy birthday!

22 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Monday just looked a little brighter with Meredith guest co-hosting... hopefully, Meghan will be polite enough not to interrupt Meredith.  And Ana on Friday will truly be a TGIF.

That might just be the answer.  You know how many companies won't listen to their frontline peeps.  But if it comes from someone like Meredith, they might actually think about what we've been saying.  So while I hate to say it with a mouth full of marbles, I hope she is rude to Meredith. Mer will swat her down like one of her kids. But then later maybe she gets in the producers ear......

• Love 4

MM is turning red.  She gets really upset thinking the evil libs are trying to take away their guns.  They won't stand for abortion but Lord forbid we take away their AR 15s.  I wish someone on the panel would ask her to explain this thinking. 

• Love 17
Just now, Haleth said:

Good lord, Whoopi is incoherent. Come back, Meredith!

And trying awfully hard not to offend Meghan. "It's not a criticism, it's just [insert incoherent explanation]..."

Meghan: I don't understand why everything has to be so political!

Also Meghan: So-and-so airlines are no longer doing business with the NRA? Guess who won't be flying with them - this girl! (something to that effect).

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan is boycotting airlines that won't give NRA members a discount. I'm sure they're quaking in their boots, Meg. 

6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Also Meghan: So-and-so airlines are no longer doing business with the NRA? Guess who won't be flying with them - this girl! (something to that effect).

Well, gee, Meghan; just as you're drawing the line in the sand with your incorrect thinking that wanting stricter gun control is the same as "taking away your guns and repealing the Second Amendment," So are the many corporations, including airlines, who are drawing their line in the sand about not willing to do/stop doing business with the NRA, which even refuse to concede that there is a problem.

Or are you saying only you and those that are NRA members the only ones who have a right to do or say whatever they want?

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Does she not realize the airlines decided to end their partnership with the NRA because so many people said they wouldn't fly with them because of the NRA?  

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or are you saying only you and those that are NRA members the only ones who have a right to do or say whatever they want?

Yes she really does believe that.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Meghan is boycotting airlines that won't give NRA members a discount. I'm sure they're quaking in their boots, Meg. 

What will they ever do without her?!

5 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Does she not realize the airlines decided to end their partnership with the NRA because so many people said they wouldn't fly with them because of the NRA?  

The other half of the story doesn't matter to her. I'm surprised she didn't take it a step further and call these airlines and businesses a bunch of liberals. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11

Happy Birthday, @GHScorpiosRule. May the worst day of this upcoming year be better than the best day of last year!

Now, The View co-hosts are hand-holding Meghan McCan't through every topic. I can't take it. I don't have to be this solicitous of my teenagers, who are -- well, they're teenagers.  This is ridiculous. Don't the producers see how she's ruining the show? 

Also, I know all of the rental car companies cancelled their relationship with the NRA. I think all the US commercial airlines did the same. If I'm correct Miss Meggie is going to have to hoof it, or just stay home (please let her stay home). Whoopi will probably lend her her bus.

Not to mention, STFU, Meghan. They're not saying they don't want you because you're an NRA member. They don't want to give you a discount anymore, because it's bad business for them. The problem isn't with membership. It's that since the '70s, the NRA has changed from a gun-safety, responsibility, and enthusiast organization to a lobbying arm of the gun industry. I wish just one of the co-hosts had managed to insert that. 

McCain is so bad at this job. So very bad. When will they get rid of her?

When Meredith was talking about getting young blood as a potential anti-aging treatment, all I could think about was vampirism. I'm glad to hear her husband has found some helpful treatments. I can't believe MM is going to be a part of the Cura Foundation event at the Vatican.

I'm so tired of the View Your Deal crap. If we remove it, I'm not sure today's episode (without commercials) even clocked in at 30 minutes. 

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

Also, it’s really disrespectful for her to act like Marco Rubio was a victim at that forum - fathers had lost daughters, children lost friends, and teachers feel like they’ve failed the safety of their students, but we need to feel bad for Marco Rubio?  Does she really not get why these people were angry, or does she prefer pushing a conservative talking point?

She totally reminded me of BAB=Born Again Barbie, a.k.a Candace Cameron Bure when the latter said that those that protest, should do it quietly, and not raise a ruckus or something along those lines. Clearly forgetting that before the Revolutionary War, people didn't protest quietly. They agitated, caused a ruckus. Recall, Meghan said she preferred, or liked how the topic was discussed on their show, and of course how it was handled at the White House. 

• Love 11

Is Meghan trolling us? Lol, if I thought she had a sense of humor,  I'd  think she was,  because come on lol, another good friend,  daddy McCain's  ect . If she didnt  drive mad,  she'd be hilarious.

Nice to see Meredith.

Can WG try any harder not to offend MM,  damn I'm offended. All the tip toeing around that tough chick.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12
35 minutes ago, General Days said:

McCain is so bad at this job. So very bad. When will they get rid of her?

I can't believe MM is going to be a part of the Cura Foundation event at the Vatican.

I'm so tired of the View Your Deal crap. If we remove it, I'm not sure today's episode (without commercials) even clocked in at 30 minutes. 

In my opinion, she's not just bad at this job, she's beyond pathetic.  Her attitude is that of a petulant teenager & that's giving most teenagers a bad name.

When it was announced that she's going to the Vatican with Meredith, I thought my head would blow off.  What has she done to deserve such an honor??

View Your Deal = Bathroom break & check what everyone has to say here!!  LOL.

• Love 14

Maybe the NRA is paying ABC BIG $ to keep MM on the panel.  What is going on with treating her with kid gloves?  Barf-inducing viewing.  

Just think, MM can add the pope as a friend soon.  LOL, if it wasn't true. :( 

Meredith, please return for guest hosting.  Please.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Why does MM get so much uninterrupted air time???

Because she turns rage-red, screeches over everyone, and scowls and pouts.  It's clear the rest of the panel have had another talking to, IMO, and that shows Meghan can't handle this gig.  I wouldn't be surprised if a certain elderly gentleman wasn't placing calls to the ABC brass.  There's really no other reason that one co-host is being catered to in such an extreme way.  And the irony is she probably views herself as a martyr.

I've also noticed that MM doesn't engage the audience when she walks out.  She doesn't wave or even really smile.  It's really bad for the image to have the first face we see be such an unwelcoming, angry one.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Guess little Meg will have to charter planes.  Lucky for her she's a trust fund baby.  Why she thinks she's entitled to this discount, when a tiny percentage of the public even wants to be in the NRA.  If you ask me, I hope NRA members boycott any flight I ever take.  I would feel so much safer knowing there were no gun nuts on my plane.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

It also seemed to escape Meggie's little mind that speaking and listening to his constituents is his damn job! Doesn't matter that he was walking into a fire pit, or whatever the hell she called it. We shouldn't be giving him a pat on the back; listening to the people who put him in the US senate, listening to their (rightful) grief and anger is a part of his job description. Meghan is such a lost cause. 

Being "in politics her whole life" you would think she knows this.  Ostensibly our elected official are supposed to work for us.  Although we know that isn't entirely true anymore.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've also noticed that MM doesn't engage the audience when she walks out.  She doesn't wave or even really smile.  It's really bad for the image to have the first face we see be such an unwelcoming, angry one.

Oh I know. She is lathered up and ready for an argument before she sits down.

Her spandex is so tight, it must be painful walking out.

• Love 15

Megan- "Trump keeps putting me in the position to ____________ ' (fill in the blank). 

You do not have to defend the republican party or Trump.  It is okay not to agree with everything.  You won't lose your conservative status. 

No one is trying to take your fucking hand gun away.  We want to outlaw automatic weapons and have stricter rules to purchase a hand gun or rifle.   The NRA is not in favor of  outlawing  automatic weapons.  That is the uproar. 

I am very curious to see Cindy on Wednesday.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 16

Man, I am so sick of the care and feeding and education of Meghan. STFU.

The first 15 minutes were spent on Rubio and the point was Gov Scott bailed on it. MM just can't let the conversation flow into the silence of McConnell and Ryan. She either throws a snit or gas on the fire if things don't go her way.

I don't understand why she gets to go to Rome either. Meredith, sure.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

You do not have to defend the republican party or Trump.  It is okay not to agree with everything.  You won't lose your conservative status. 

But "her friend" did get booed at the CPAC.  Meghan is afraid of that happening to her.  She will take the boos from liberals but not conservatives.

• Love 12

Dear Meggy, you know perfectly well that the companies who are cutting their discounts for NRA members doesn't mean they don't want their business.  Stop lying.

On 2/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, Bronzedog said:

Patton Oswalt cohosting?  Why God?  Why?

Why not?  He's hilarious.  You should read his Twitter feed some time.  He's also unabashedly liberal.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

So, I guess it's only private planes for her from now on?

My daughter works for a major airline, and I know from experience that only certain airlines fly to many places.

You don't have much of a choice of  airlines if you need/want to get somewhere in a timely manner.

I know Delta and United both are dropping NRA discounts. 

I wonder if it's always been private planes for rich girl Meghan,so it's really a moot point for her to boycott?  

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 8