Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tunia said:

Why is Meghan dressed as a Teletubbie?

Teletubbies.png

I don't know my Teletubbies.  Please help.  What's the purple one called?  Because that may be what I refer to MM as from now on, after today.  Only purple Teletubbie is cuter.  And I'm sure nicer.  And more polite.  And smarter. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Does anyone know are the hosts provided with the questions that they ask in the interviews or do the hosts ask questions they come up with?

If you look closely you can see the hosts are provided with blue cards by production.  It includes questions, followup questions and other info.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Am I the only one that can't stand HRP?  Did like her pushing at Whoopi though.

And we had two seasons of For Peete's Sake so why in the bluedilly hell do we need to Meet The Peetes at Hallmark?  Gah, just get off my screen please.

Since I just asked for a forum yesterday for Holly's new show, Meet The Peetes, I guess I'm not one of them. 

I liked her on the Talk, and followed her to her new show. (that doesn't mean I don't reserve the right to snark on her and her family later though) ;)

I was glad the View interviewed her, because I had no idea she got a new show on Hallmark. 

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Does anyone know are the hosts provided with the questions that they ask in the interviews or do the hosts ask questions they come up with?

I know they have blue cards in front of them with questions, which I assume is given to them by the producers. But I assume that prior to the show, they look over the questions, and maybe decide which questions they want to ask. I mean if the producers provide all the questions, then maybe I shouldn't be screaming at Meghan when she asks the question, but whatever producer is providing her with those questions.

• Love 3

Poor Meggie never got to muddy the waters talk about "bump stocks" as Whoopi promised her at the end of the second segment.  Hah!!!

Gawd, she sure looked & acted pissier (more pissy) today!!!

That topknot looked ridiculous on her pinhead ... just sayin'.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, Onceafan said:

I know they have blue cards in front of them with questions, which I assume is given to them by the producers. But I assume that prior to the show, they look over the questions, and maybe decide which questions they want to ask. I mean if the producers provide all the questions, then maybe I shouldn't be screaming at Meghan when she asks the question, but whatever producer is providing her with those questions.

It is all Megan. She always ask questions that align with her talking points.. She has a nasty tone when she questions people that she views as her enemy.. The way she questioned Jamele today was an example of that. I am sure that the producers did not tell her to ask Jamele, if she believed that Ben Carson is a White supremacist.. That was all her.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Poor Meggie never got to muddy the waters talk about "bump stocks" as Whoopi promised her at the end of the second segment.  Hah!!!

Gawd, she sure looked & acted pissier (more pissy) today!!!

That topknot looked ridiculous on her pinhead ... just sayin'.

I’ve heard that topknot referred to as a tuna can hairstyle. 

MM has got to be the worst cohost that this show has ever had. I wasn’t a fan of Elisabeth or Jedidiah, but I could (somewhat) tolerate them.  Meghan just has a snotty tone to her voice and she is very off putting. 

Edited by Stacey1014
  • Love 21

I think I'm in the minority, but I liked Meghan's hair.

35 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

I don't know my Teletubbies.  Please help.  What's the purple one called?  Because that may be what I refer to MM as from now on, after today.  Only purple Teletubbie is cuter.  And I'm sure nicer.  And more polite.  And smarter. 

Tinky Winky, who also had a lot of controversy due to having a purse and people saying it was gay.

The green one, Dipsy, was my favourite.

Edited by CheezyXpressed
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Meghan just has a snotty tone to her voice and she is very off putting. 

Snotty is the perfect word to describe her.  She acts like a thirteen year old mean girl.  Almost every comment she makes has a snide tone to it.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Meghan's pleas to sign a petition to the WH for a military funeral for one of the Parkland's victims ring hollow.  

I dont see why there needs to be any X number of signatures to give this  young man a military burial. Just do it. Sheesh

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

According to Wikipedia (and selectively trimmed for space):

Tinky Winky - He is covered in purple terrycloth and has a triangular antenna on his head. He almost always carries a red bag.

Dipsy - He is green and named after his antenna, which resembles a dipstick. Dipsy is the most stubborn of the Teletubbies, and will occasionally refuse to go along with the others' group opinion. His face is notably darker than the rest of the Teletubbies, and the creators have stated that he is black.[18]

Laa-Laa - She is yellow and has a curly antenna. Laa-Laa is very sweet, likes to sing and dance, and is often shown looking out for the other Teletubbies. Her favourite toy is an orange rubber ball.

Po - shortest and youngest. She is red and has an antenna shaped like a stick used for blowing soap bubbles. Po normally speaks in a soft voice and has been stated by the show's creators to be Cantonese

Perhaps Dipsy is more appropriate?.  LOL

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

That was the only thing she said during that segment I think.  It was nice to not here her try to defend anyone spouting off the crisis actor theory.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It is all Megan. She always ask questions that align with her talking points.. She has a nasty tone when she questions people that she views as her enemy.. The way she questioned Jamele today was an example of that. I am sure that the producers did not tell her to ask Jamele, if she believed that Ben Carson is a White supremacist.. That was all her.. 

That was a passive aggressive question which is routine for her.   And it was stupid.  Fuck off twat.  I want to pinch some flesh on her angry face and twist it so hard she yelps.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14

So Jemele stands by her statement, and specifically states that she does not think all Trump supporters are white supremacists, adding that they have the privilege of separating themselves from racial issues. It's a complex and thought-provoking response that opens the door to a conversation about empathy.

Meghan: . . . I was taken aback. Is Ben Carson a white supremacist?

Jemele Hill is a much better person than I am because I totally wouldn't be able to resist being sarcastic. "Oh Meghan! You were taken aback?! Now I really regret getting emotional over a racist demonstration that the President failed to condemn convincingly. To make it up to you, the one person in all this who truly matters, I'll marry Ben Carson!"

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

She asked Jamele if she thinks Ben Carson is a white supremacist. I don't know how many times I'm going to repeat this on this thread, but that was the DUMBEST fucking question I have ever heard her ask. Everyday she outdoes herself in the stupidity arena. Jamele wasn't having it and made it clear to Meggie she didn't say all the people Trump surrounds himself with are white supremacist. A black person cannot be a fucking white supremacist Meghan. 

Right? And I feel like every guest responds to dumb questions like this with tact and grace because they know her personal history and they know they’d be a target of Fox News if they even dared say, “I’m not going to dignify that question with a response.” I also love how Meghan asked that question TWICE and completely ignored Jamele’s perfect response saying “some people might not get a woman of color’s experience because they’ve lived a difference experience.”  Maybe Jemele should have translated her answer into Meghan-Rhetoric saying, “Sorry Meghan but you might not ‘get’ my experiences because you grew up in ‘gun country.’ For me it’s just so hard!! Ugh!”

Maybe Meghan should take a 100 level African American history course so she has a little more empathy for people who don’t live in “gun country.”

• Love 19
14 minutes ago, Wings said:

That was a passive aggressive question which is routine for her.   And it was stupid.  Fuck off twat.  I want to pinch some flesh on her angry face and twist it so hard she yelps.  

Someone should then have said something about Omarosa then say ......never mind. Or no Ben Carson is not a white supremacist just an idiot.   

Loved Laura 's jumpsuit.  It all makes sense now about her daughter playing Sheldons mother as it was crazy how much she reminded my friends of Laurie!!  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:
1 hour ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

If you look closely you can see the hosts are provided with blue cards by production.  It includes questions, followup questions and other info.

Production did NOT tell MM to ask that question or any of the other inane things she says.  They have notes on the blue cards and they are not all from production.  They jot things down that they want to remember to address. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Onceafan said:

I mean if the producers provide all the questions, then maybe I shouldn't be screaming at Meghan when she asks the question, but whatever producer is providing her with those questions.

Don't blame the producers for Megan's idiocy.  I would think a question like "What is your character's motivation?" would be a producer-directed question.  "Is Ben Carson a white supremacist?" is probably a MM question

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

I also love how Meghan asked that question TWICE and completely ignored Jamele’s perfect response saying “some people might not get a woman of color’s experience because they’ve lived a difference experience.”  Maybe Jemele should have translated her answer into Meghan-Rhetoric saying, “Sorry Meghan but you might not ‘get’ my experiences because you grew up in ‘gun country.’ For me it’s just so hard!! Ugh!”

Haha Jamele was throwing some serious shade at Meghan with that comment, I loved it too. It went completely over Meghan's head. You're right, Jamele was basically saying, "Meghan, you're white privilege isn't allowing you to see it from my POV."  

4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Don't blame the producers for Megan's idiocy.  I would think a question like "What is your character's motivation?" would be a producer-directed question.  "Is Ben Carson a white supremacist?" is probably a MM question

They're wisely giving her enough rope to hang herself... I just couldn't believe she asked such an ignorant question. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:
1 hour ago, Onceafan said:

I mean if the producers provide all the questions, then maybe I shouldn't be screaming at Meghan when she asks the question, but whatever producer is providing her with those questions.

Production does not tell Meggie to behave as she does.  The point of this show is for everyone to give their personal opinion.  No character roles.   You will see Joy make reference to her blue cards looking for something she wanted to address.  

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Wings said:

Production does not tell Meggie to behave as she does.  The point of this show is for everyone to give their personal opinion.  No character roles.

Elisabeth might have had Bill Geddie feeding her the lines to spout at the table but you are right Wings Meghan's obnoxiousness and "tribalism" is all her own.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I am now convinced Meghan's only reason for being on this show is to fight and argue.

And, oh yes, to remind us she is Republican. She adds nothing new each day.

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

And a supporter of the Second Amendment.

And from a military family!!!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan's hair???

No words.

I have plenty of words, starting with ridiculous, laughable, ludicrous...  Purple Teletubby.  Heh.

2 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

They all go to a production meeting at 9am where they get their blue cards.  I'm guessing Meghan begins plotting her attacks once she sees what the day's topics will be.  

The people casting doubt on the FL kids are disgusting. I've been seeing troll posts all over that they are actors.  It's on the internet so it must be true, right?  Junior can go fuck himself.  (And I don't use that language lightly.)

When Cindy shows up will she be "fresh as a daisy?"  I can't help but think of that whenever her name comes up.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Jemele:  "Trump is surrounded by white supremacists"

MM:  "is Ben Carson a white supremacist?  is that what you're saying?"  

Let's put it this way: 

J:" there are a lot of apples in that bowl"

MM: (picks up a grape)  Is THIS an apple?  Are you saying this grape is an apple?

Meghan is so ridiculous.  I wouldn't have been surprised if Jemele had answered, "No, that's what is called an Uncle Tom".

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Onceafan said:

Some panels were way worse with interviewing about the blue cards. Back when Rosie was on Sirius, she recapped The View's disastrous interview with Octomom.

"And now Sherri is only speaking because her question is next, and she's not going to ask about anything that was just said, BECAUSE IT'S NOT ON HER BLUE CARD!"

I wouldn't be surprised if MM's husband is texting her gotcha questions before the show.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Elisabeth might have had Bill Geddie feeding her the lines to spout at the table but you are right Wings Meghan's obnoxiousness and "tribalism" is all her own.

Bill is no longer with The View.  Anyone know who has taken his place?  Geddie was a pig. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I know that.  I was just saying Meghan doesn't have someone whispering in her ear.  Except perhaps her husband.

Oh yes, I figured you did.  I was editing my post when you quoted it.  I wonder who took his place.  I doubt it is a staunch republican given the panel.  Someone talks in all their ears. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Wings said:

Oh yes, I figured you did.  I was editing my post when you quoted it.  I wonder who took his place.  I doubt it is a staunch republican given the panel.  Someone talks in all their ears. 

I don't think they have shown any behind the scenes people in a very long time.  Although Geddie wasn't really behind the scenes.  I swear he was on camera almost as much as the co-hosts.

• Love 3

I kind of like the guest co host thing they have going because they don't have to worry about job security or working with them on a daily basis hence why you had Sherri giving subtle shade to Meghan last week and HRP telling Whoopi not to be eye rolling her.  I dread Meghan's mom Cindy being on next week though I recall she was on before and she seemed nice and not hostile at all.  Maybe Meghan will be less hostile on the day her mom is on.  #silverlining

• Love 6

The most relatable version of Meghan we ever got was when her dad was on the show. It's possible they are throwing a Hail Mary play and hoping lightning strikes twice. Because Everyday Meghan is so unpleasant to watch. She doesn't have a sense of humor or a sense of fun. She never can admit being wrong. Or fallible. Watching her is, to use a phrase, exhausting. I've come to the point where I read here before I watch the show to see what segments to avoid.

I have to believe they are having Cindy McCain on in hopes that it makes Meghan act like less a Foxbot and more a human being.

• Love 10

though I recall she was on before and she seemed nice and not hostile at all.  

But didn't Cindy later say that The View panel "picked their bones clean?" I believe it was because someone (probably Joy) challenged McCain about some misleading ads he was running against Obama and his choice of Palin as a running mate. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

But didn't Cindy later say that The View panel "picked their bones clean?" I believe it was because someone (probably Joy) challenged McCain about some misleading ads he was running against Obama and his choice of Palin as a running mate. 

Yes, she did. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Wings said:

I want to pinch some flesh on her angry face and twist it so hard she yelps.  

Ooooh, I love that visual! 

She was especially foul today, in every aspect.  She really didn't like Jemele, that was quite obvious.  And she looked hideous.  Head to toe.

45 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

Well, that proves it.  The Special Snowflake learned at the knee of Mother Snowflake.  Thou shalt not cross a McCain.  Evah!!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

I wouldn't be surprised if MM's husband is texting her gotcha questions before the show.

Then he and she deserve each other and need to go away together, far far away to their hate-filled love nest and stay there.  

12 minutes ago, Tanichka said:

Biden seemed to bring out her "best" side.

Only because he talked about HER dad. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

I have to believe they are having Cindy McCain on in hopes that it makes Meghan act like less a Foxbot and more a human being.

It really seems as though The View is bending over backwards to humanize this babe and make her palatable to the audience.  What other panel member has had both her father and now mother on the show outside of "Favorites Day" or whatever they want to call it?  OK - I can see Daddy being on, but why Cindy?  Seems like just another sympathy ploy, IMO.

• Love 11