Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I wish I could read lips to find out what Meghan was saying as they went to commercial after that first segment. She looked like she was about to start shrieking at the producers for daring to have Jemele Hill on today. What a brat.

I noticed Laurie Metcalfe diverted to a degree when Joy brought up Roseanne (the character) now being a Trump supporter because Roseanne (the person) is one. I need to re-watch that part on YouTube. Joy was asking something else while the audience was clapping, but she didn't get to finish and Metcalfe went off in a safer direction. I have a feeling that this was more of a production intervention since the Roseanne revival will be on ABC and they don't want anything to put off viewers from watching it. That said, I did like Metcalfe's comments about how the political stuff is really just a cover for what are ultimately relationship issues between the two characters. If I watch at all, it'll only be to see her and Goodman again.

The survivors of the Florida shooting were incredible on today's show. I'm glad Whoopi brought up the actor conspiracy lunacy pushed to discredit and silence them. Meghan wouldn't come out directly and say anything vile like with so many other guests, but her attitude and tone were hateful as hell. Sort of like how she was with Farrow last week.

• Love 16

I find Elsa to always be awful, but especially so today with Jemele. She’s always pissed off, humorless, antagonistic and never fully informed. Bitsy was awful too, but I swear she could be likeable at times. She would giggle at jokes, tell some relatable Mom stories and was really knowledgeable in fitness / exercise segments. God save me, I’d actually prefer Bitsy come back. I just can’t look at that angry, pissy face anymore.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I dread Meghan's mom Cindy being on next week though I recall she was on before and she seemed nice and not hostile at all. 

And remember that Elisabeth Hasselbeck declared Cindy "fresh" (as in clean) and not at all like Michelle Obama. Shade.

4 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

And from a military family!!!

Her father retired from the military three years before she was born and her brothers are younger than she is.  There were no family members in the military during her growing-up years.

• Love 10

Well, the show was preempted for me after the second segment due to the shooting and murder of a police officer in MD. It cut into the first two minutes of the show, so I missed Jemele's introduction and again the first three minutes of the second segment. Fortunately, I found the show on youtube and caught up on it.

First, the positive: Jemele looks like she could be Oprah's daughter! I couldn't stop thinking about that.

But YEESH! Meghan looked HORRIBLE. Whose bright idea was it to have her look like the purple Teletubby? Except Meghan looked fucking fugly, what with the dark purple eyeshadow and pastel pink lipstick? And she was loaded for Bear. Just like she ALWAYS is. I wonder if the constant eye blinking was her way of trying to keep from attacking Jemele? She looked really angry/pissed at what Jemele was saying. And again, she continues to prove what a tone deaf idiot she is. Does she NOT hear the words coming out of her mouth?

Meghan: "I know he's not White, but do you think Ben Carson is a White Supremacist?"

Her days have GOT to be numbered, right?

Then going after the kids. First with the Second Amendment/Gun owners straw man comparison. All of those kids look so devastated still. Especially Kyle, who sat in the middle in the front row. I was hoping that Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg had been there--since they've been the ones being dragged and accused of being actors. And then Meghan steams right on ahead, looking for validation that the FBI screwed up and how will that affect their movement. Da Fuck? What has one got to do with the other? Poor Kyle. He said he wanted to answer Meghan's question about how the kids' marches and movement will adversely affect those gun lovin' Second Amendment Amurcans, but I don't think he was quite able to, and I don't blame him. But at least it shut her pouty mouth up. And I found her whole support and empathy for these kids to be so fake, insincere and hollow. She does this all the time. Saying this shit about supporting and feeling for the guest, as if to say "I understaaaaand. I'm on your siiiiiide." Then goes in with the insensitive, tone deaf GOTCHA! questions.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Then going after the kids. First with the Second Amendment/Gun owners straw man comparison. All of those kids look so devastated still. Especially Kyle, who sat in the middle in the front row. I was hoping that Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg had been there--since they've been the ones being dragged and accused of being actors. And then Meghan steams right on ahead, looking for validation that the FBI screwed up and how will that affect their movement. Da Fuck? What has one got to do with the other? Poor Kyle. He said he wanted to answer Meghan's question about how the kids' marches and movement will adversely affect those gun lovin' Second Amendment Amurcans, but I don't think he was quite able to, and I don't blame him. But at least it shut her pouty mouth up. And I found her whole support and empathy for these kids to be so fake, insincere and hollow. She does this all the time. Saying this shit about supporting and feeling for the guest, as if to say "I understaaaaand. I'm on your siiiiiide." Then goes in with the insensitive, tone deaf GOTCHA! questions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was really tacky.  Who does this? You can see that these kids are working through immense trauma to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I admire their intelligence and determination so much. Meghan's response is "Oh, you know that school shooting that took the lives of your teachers and classmates last week? While you're trying to stop more shootings, remember to preserve the right to bear arms as much as possible."

• Love 19
2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I have a feeling that this was more of a production intervention since the Roseanne revival will be on ABC and they don't want anything to put off viewers from watching it. That said, I did like Metcalfe's comments about how the political stuff is really just a cover for what are ultimately relationship issues between the two characters. If I watch at all, it'll only be to see her and Goodman again.

I really like Laurie Metcalfe, she's great as Sheldon's mother.  Roseanne puts off viewers from watching the show - I won't be watching.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

The View just needs to stop trying to make Meghan happen.  She isn't going to ever going to fit in.  And she doesn't seem like she wants to.  She might think she is following in her dad's "maverick" footsteps but she just looks like a bitch.

Worse than being a bitch, MM is dumb--doesn't know history or politics, cannot speak intelligently nor clearly,  and is intensely  unlikable. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Saying this shit about supporting and feeling for the guest, as if to say "I understaaaaand. I'm on your siiiiiide." Then goes in with the insensitive, tone deaf GOTCHA! questions.

It’s funny because she actually thinks she’ll trip up the guests when she does this, but it’s so transparent that even young teens/adults don’t fall for it, as evidenced on today’s show. 

I guess it shows how predictable her line of questioning and tactics have become.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan: "I know he's not White, but do you think Ben Carson is a White Supremacist?"

Her days have GOT to be numbered, right?

I’m glad most of the people on this thread recognize that this was such a joke of a question. I don’t condone violence but I’m sure Jamele wanted to slap the taste out of Meghan’s mouth for asking such an ignorant, idiotic question. Surely Meghan knew that would be a stupid thing to ask... right? 

12 hours ago, Tanichka said:

Roseanne puts off viewers from watching the show - I won't be watching.

I’m so torn with the whole thing. On one hand I want to just enjoy the new season without thinking about what Roseanne truly believes these days; on the other hand, she’s disappointed me a lot recently and it’ll be hard to to watch her without thinking about it. 

12 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was really tacky.  Who does this?

I really wish she would stop with the fake-sympathy speeches she gives before asking insensitive questions. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I really wish she would stop with the fake-sympathy speeches she gives before asking insensitive questions. 

At least she isn't doing that trick Elisabeth used to do.  "Some people are saying"........... When we all knew it was Elisabeth who was saying whatever inane/obnoxious word salad that came out of her mouth.

11 hours ago, Tosia said:

Worse than being a bitch, MM is dumb--doesn't know history or politics, cannot speak intelligently nor clearly,  and is intensely  unlikable. 

She looked stupid on the Bill Maher HBO show when Paul Begala schooled her but how did she make it this far without anyone noticing that yes she is dumb as a rock?

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

how did she make it this far without anyone noticing that yes she is dumb as a rock?

Everybody noticed.  She wasn't hired for her smarts, ever.  She was  hired because her dad is a decorated war veteran and current US senator.  The View hired her because of those two reasons and because her dad is not doing well physically.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

Everybody noticed.  She wasn't hired for her smarts, ever.  She was  hired because her dad is a decorated war veteran and current US senator.  The View hired her because of those two reasons and because her dad is not doing well physically.

I know why she was hired but it seems like it took a few months on the View for the stupidity to appear.  She is misusing words every day.  I think she is trying to appear smarter than she is and failing miserably.

• Love 6

The stupidity was always there, she just didn't broadcast it by speaking in simple terms, and by sharing the time with the other panelists.  It's when she started to monopolize conversations that her true self was revealed.  Levity becomes levy, egocentric becomes eccentric, (that's just in the last two weeks)  logic flies out the window and mischaracterizations of her fellow panelists' and guests' statements are thrown out.  Ladies and gentlemen, the real Megan McCain.

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

The stupidity was always there, she just didn't broadcast it by speaking in simple terms, and by sharing the time with the other panelists.  It's when she started to monopolize conversations that her true self was revealed.  Levity becomes levy, egocentric becomes eccentric, (that's just in the last two weeks)  logic flies out the window and mischaracterizations of her fellow panelists' and guests' statements are thrown out.  Ladies and gentlemen, the real Megan McCain.

"infamous" when clearly she meant famous/well known

"idiosyncrasies" when she clearly meant ideology.

Using veneer to one up Sunny when Sunny used it in the proper context.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, sugarbaker design said:

Thanks!  I'm sure we could go on forever!

We could. But the conversation would be better suited for her own thread.

I will call out Whoopi for being rude to Sunny yesterday. And it was very blatant. While Jemele was giving the background for the brouhaha over her tweets after Charleston last summer, Sunny asked a question, and Whoopi cut Sunny off, telling her to let Jemele finish. Because the viewers and audience have short-term memories and couldn't possibly remember what happened. What made it worse was that Jemele and Sunny are friends. I can't imagine what was going through Jemele's mind. And the camera was focused on Whoopi's face, so we didn't get to see how Sunny reacted to Whoopi's rudeness.

So I'm alone in thinking Jemele looks like a younger version of Oprah? Ooookay then.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don't think being this angry at a talk-show host is good for my health. I don't know how much more of that bitch I can take.

Exactly.  I'm at home screaming at the TV and think I've frightened the dog! She's absolutely ridiculous! 

• Love 14
Just now, Haleth said:

A new Megism-- misnomer instead of misconception.

You beat me to it. 

Just now, JayD83 said:

Who in the hell is she listening to that told her that liberals want to take away the entire 2nd amendment? 

Probably her old friends over at Fox News.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Conservative commentator and spokewoman for the NRA. She was at the CNN Town Hall with the students last night. She looks like a dominatrix Demi Moore. 

She did a commercial for the NRA that is very incendiary. I recommend you look it up on youtube.. It is unreal..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

A new Megism-- misnomer instead of misconception.

I also think she used the word "hubris" incorrectly during one of her diatribes toward Sunny.  (Uhless I misheard....)

3 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Who in the hell is she listening to that told her that liberals want to take away the entire 2nd amendment? 

ummm....her husband?   Must be interesting pillow talk in that house!  ;-)

• Love 10
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, njbchlover said:

I also think she used the word "hubris" incorrectly during one of her diatribes toward Sunny.  (Uhless I misheard....)

She did use hubris incorrectly, when Sunny told her that she wants to use facts and statistics.  Megan is something else today.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

If Whoopi isn’t going to let them have a spirited, interesting discussion, she’s going to have to play fair and stop her long soliloquies that make no sense.

Loved the faces of everyone today during the debates.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Conservative commentator and spokewoman for the NRA. She was at the CNN Town Hall with the students last night. She looks like a dominatrix Demi Moore. 

I'm scratching my head...

3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

She did a commercial for the NRA that is very incendiary. I recommend you look it up on youtube.. It is unreal..

Oh HELL NAW! Not that heifer! I watched that commercial. ON MUTE. So of COURSE she's friends with Meghan.

5 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

It will never happen because of the gun lovin' culture in the U.S., but she's probably afraid that the U.S. might finally take a page from Australia.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie watched the CNN show last night & learned a new word ... she thought!!!  This morning she told Whoopi she wanted a chance to rebuff someone's argument.  Hah!!!  (I know she mean rebut!!)

Megan learned that word from Emma Gonzalez, who was taking on that harridan from the NRA.  For some reason, she confused rebuff with rebut...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie watched the CNN show last night & learned a new word ... she thought!!!  This morning she told Whoopi she wanted a chance to rebuff someone's argument.  Hah!!!  (I know she mean rebut!!)

It is. It IS REBUT, you ignorant FOOL.

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan learned that word from Emma Gonzalez, who was taking on that harridan from the NRA.  

When a person wants to ignore someone, he or she rebuffs that person.  When a person wants to provide a counter argument, they REBUT.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When a person wants to ignore someone, he or she rebuffs that person.  When a person wants to provide a counter argument, they REBUT.

Well, maybe she did use the correct word then...because she does ignore a lot of what is said, only to make her own talking points.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

When the NRA lady was incoherent with her word salad and evasive with her excuses about the NRA, the crowd was jeering her , Emma told the crowd to quiet down, so she could rebut her. It was so cool.. She got owned by Emma. Emma had such a commanding presence..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Well, maybe she did use the correct word then...because she does ignore a lot of what is said, only to make her own talking points.

Can't tell if you're mocking Meghan or not! But per @Medicine Crow's post:

29 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

This morning she told Whoopi she wanted a chance to rebuff someone's argument.  Hah!!!  (I know she mean rebut!!)

This makes it sound like she wanted counter "someone's" argument. I'll have to wait to see the show to see what the context was. Because if it was to counter, then she used the wrong damned word.

19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

When the NRA lady was incoherent with her word salad and evasive with her excuses about the NRA, the crowd was jeering her , Emma told the crowd to quiet down, so she could rebut her. It was so cool.. She got owned by Emma. Emma had such a commanding presence..

Emma NEEDS to come on this show.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Emma is going to grow up to be everything Meghan wishes she was.  Smart, articulate and saying things people want/need to hear.

• Love 14