Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

As much as I would love to see MM gone, I worry that they’d find someone who was 10x worse. I don’t know if my tolerance level is decreasing or if ABC goes out of their way to find someone even more conservative than the last host. 

That would be Anne Coulter; also known as the SHEBEAST.

1 minute ago, blondiec0332 said:

There is someone worse than Meghan?

Anne Coulter. Laura Ingraham. That internet troll with the blonde hair initials TL.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

That would be Anne Coulter; also known as the SHEBEAST.

Anne Coulter. Laura Ingraham. That internet troll with the blonde hair initials TL.

Yes but I'm sure Whoopi and Joy would not hold back when dealing with them.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, buffynut said:

According to the Daily Mail story linked a couple pages back, she's already tried to quit twice and was talked out of it.  

By whom?  I want a word with them.

The show can't be getting positive feedback about her.  I can stand a differing opinion as long as it's well thought out & presented clearly and dispassionately.

• Love 22

Tamar doesn’t know why she was fired?  Oh come on, your attitude sucks.   Your co hosts have not even called you!  I have never watched The Real but her stint on DWTS made that clear. 

Loved Joe Kennedy.  He is too green to save us yet but someday. 

Cindy is going to be on next week to trash Trump with her daughter.   Wow, this calls for carbs, I will get a bagel.  I wonder if her mom asked to be on with MM because she is not confident her daughter will handle it properly.  I have always thought that her parents are not thrilled with her attitude. .

Oh good god, you are not a friend of Joy, you are a colleague.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, Wings said:

Tamar doesn’t know why she was fired?  Oh come on, your attitude sucks.   Your co hosts have not even called you!  I have never watched The Real but her stint on DWTS made that clear. 

Loved Joe Kennedy.  He is too green to save us yet but someday. 

Cindy is going to be on next week to trash Trump with her daughter.   Wow, this calls for carbs, I will get a bagel.  I wonder if her mom asked to be on with MM because she is not confident her daughter will handle it properly.  I have always thought that her parents are not thrilled with her attitude. .

Oh good god, you are not a friend of Joy, you are a colleague.

They have all tried to reach out to Tamar, after her firing. She rebuffed them, saying, on social media that they were behind her firing.   The show did play her.  She took publicity pictures for the third season. She shot commercials for the new season. Then, they promptly fired her. She tried to incorporate her firing as a storyline on her reality show with her sisters. The show  told her to stop or else. She does know why she was fired. Tamar did have a bad attitude.  Tamar is good in small doses, but, she can be tiresome, after a while.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Wings said:

I  had no clue who she was and I was not impressed.

Rep. Kennedy and the yummy Jessie Williams however did impress me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Joy has been noticing.  A couple times she has subtly said the correct word but it just went right over Meghan's head.

Tell the truth. Which one of you posters is Joy?

2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jessie Williams is a beautiful man.. His wife was crazy to let him go...

His social consciousness makes him beautiful on the inside. And the outside ain't too shabby either.

1 minute ago, deaja said:

Tell the truth. Which one of you posters is Joy?

She would totally fit in with all of us.

• Love 10

Re: Thursday's show. WG, who apparently only knows one adjective to describe a celebrity, introduced Mo'nique as "the fabulous". No surprise there. HOWEVER... I noted that she did NOT use her equally overused phrase.... " Listen, we never get to see you enough. You have to come back anytime!"

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Jessie Williams is a beautiful man.. His wife was crazy to let him go...

According to rumors (which are always true, lol) he was cheating on her with Minka Kelly.  While he is gorgeous, this would be a deal breaker for me. 

But still....

195f92ec1eb12e7fa95c87129fd2dfc7.jpg

Hey gals, seriously, is there any kind of petition to NBC on the internet to rid our eyeballs from MM on the View...I am going to look around and see if I can find one for us to post and sign.  I am so sick of her, she makes me spit bile. (I am serious).  She is too nasty to live and needs to be fired.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Hey gals, seriously, is there any kind of petition to NBC on the internet to rid our eyeballs from MM on the View...I am going to look around and see if I can find one for us to post and sign.  I am so sick of her, she makes me spit bile. (I am serious).  She is too nasty to live and needs to be fired.  

The View is on ABC, so I doubt that NBC will take action on any such petition. :)

59 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Ingraham?   she's the worst.  She said today that liberals are like Herpes - just when you think you are rid of them, they keep coming back.  so, no, she wouldn't be a good choice.  Ana Navarro would be great. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, backformore said:

Ingraham?   she's the worst.  She said today that liberals are like Herpes - just when you think you are rid of them, they keep coming back.  so, no, she wouldn't be a good choice.  Ana Navarro would be great. 

I think the reference was to Toni Lahren, who makes MM look like.... I don't know. But someone less terrible.

Just now, backformore said:

Ingraham was one of the suggestions in the post I quoted.  

Reading fail.  Sorry. :)  My brain switches off on Friday afternoons. 

10 hours ago, Jaded said:

I only knew who that dreadful woman was before the Town Hall due to commercials on FETV when they were airing Designing Women in the afternoon. There was a commercial that aired on there advertising something called "Superbeets" and she'd describe herself as being Dana from "The Dana Show". That annoying commercial led me her wiki page which made me not want to know any more about her after reading it. The title of Dana's radio show shows how self important she thinks she is. She was disgusting during that Town Hall especially with the inflammatory terms she used to describe mentally ill people to divert attention from actual gun law/control discussion.

After reading all the posts about Thursday's show I'm just going to delete it without watching. I don't want to get that worked up over Elsa after having a good time watching the ladies figure skating long programs and snarking with fellow posters here at PTV in the Olympic thread for that.

If you google Loesch, pics of her posing with assault weapons immediately pop up.  It brought to mind Malcolm Nance on AM Joy mocking this type of person.  After specifying what weapons he owns and how they're securely locked up, he went on to say - And I don't sleep with my weapons, I don't pose with them in pictures, I don't show them off to my friends.

ETA:  She also co-founded the St. Louis Tea Party, and worked at Breitbart.  That's all I need to know about this person.

Edited by RedheadZombie
adding ETA
  • Love 11
10 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

If you google Loesch, pics of her posing with assault weapons immediately pop up.  It brought to mind Malcolm Nance on AM Joy mocking this type of person.  After specifying what weapons he owns and how they're securely locked up, he went on to say - And I don't sleep with my weapons, I don't pose with them in pictures, I don't show them off to my friends.

I did online dating after my husband died (Don't judge me!) and any man who had a pic of  himself holding a gun was instantly ignored.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, deaja said:

According to rumors (which are always true, lol) he was cheating on her with Minka Kelly.  While he is gorgeous, this would be a deal breaker for me. 

But still....

195f92ec1eb12e7fa95c87129fd2dfc7.jpg

I'm hypnotized by those eyes. Wow.  (Sorry.  Shallow.)

20 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It brought to mind Malcolm Nance on AM Joy mocking this type of person.  After specifying what weapons he owns and how they're securely locked up, he went on to say - And I don't sleep with my weapons, I don't pose with them in pictures, I don't show them off to my friends.

He is such a cool guy.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief, stop with the drama MM. So you will wait 5 days to say something about Trump with your mommy? Ridiculous.

For reals!

What is her mommy going to say that MM can't say alone?

• Love 10

Okay found a petition site to get rid of MM on ABC, sorry I said NBC the first time, hey, I'm old.  Anyway, just google Petition to Fire MM and you will be led to the Care2 Petition site, it's an old petition, but it is still active and running!  Millions strong!

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Okay found a petition site to get rid of MM on ABC, sorry I said NBC the first time, hey, I'm old.  Anyway, just google Petition to Fire MM and you will be led to the Care2 Petition site, it's an old petition, but it is still active and running!  Millions strong!

Not to be contrary, but why would ABC listen to a petition.  ABC is a business and they listen to one thing:  the sound of money!  Ratings equal money.  I have no idea what the ratings are like but I do notice that since MM joined the show, The View has been featured on Yahoo and MSN almost daily with headlines like "The View goes off the rails...).  The View has also been featured on the Access Hollywood/Insider type shows quite frequently.  The buzz is there, that's what ABC wants.  They don't want a civil, informed discussion of current events, they want a shitshow with water cooler talk potential.  And with MM, they got it.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I did online dating after my husband died (Don't judge me!) and any man who had a pic of  himself holding a gun was instantly ignored.

I did the same thing but ruled out men who posed with their pickup truck!  No one had guns.  I went on a date with a tall very handsome man who had a similar life and roots in New England.  There were so many similar things I was sure this was going to be good.  He barely talked.  After the second glass of wine, I asked him why he ended his marriage.   He said his wife was more social than he and she ended it.  He said, I hate parties, I would often take a book!   I was honest and told him I required more conversation.  Too bad because he was gorgeous.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I'm hypnotized by those eyes. Wow.  (Sorry.  Shallow.)

He is such a cool guy.

Those eyes are scary.  

If anyone truly is serious about the show firing Meghan.. then boycott the show.  And on days that she is off then tune in.  Ratings talk.

Paula has some of the same ideas/thoughts as Meghan yet she isn't mean nor argumentative.  And I think the high school in Indiana is a leader in actually doing something to protect themselves since our Federal government is incapable of doing anything.

• Love 9

Well, today was entertaining. No horrible fighting. I loved MM's hair today - up and poufy - with the little braids down - and I liked her dress as well (don't hurt me!)

She seemed to be in a *very* good mood. It helped that Joe Kennedy was on. He was fabulous. 

I did love Joy correcting MM's word usage - I thought of this group immediately and laughed out loud. I have no idea who Tamar Braxton is - is she related to Toni Braxton?

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Well, today was entertaining. No horrible fighting. I loved MM's hair today - up and poufy - with the little braids down - and I liked her dress as well (don't hurt me!)

She seemed to be in a *very* good mood. It helped that Joe Kennedy was on. He was fabulous. 

I did love Joy correcting MM's word usage - I thought of this group immediately and laughed out loud. I have no idea who Tamar Braxton is - is she related to Toni Braxton?

Breathe through your nose and sit tight, I am on the way. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Good grief, stop with the drama MM. So you will wait 5 days to say something about Trump with your mommy? Ridiculous.

So much for strong 'n brave, gun-toting Ms. Independence.  (Yes, she has guns!  She's even a member of the NRA.  Who knew? ?)

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

So much for strong 'n brave, gun-toting Ms. Independence.  (Yes, she has guns!  She's even a member of the NRA.  Who knew? ?)

Meghan should really be more open about her life.   I mean do we have any idea her political beliefs?  Or her family background?  This whole NRA thing came out of nowhere. 

• Love 17

Sorry, Tamar Braxton is not a hot topic.  I had to fast forward her segment because her plastic surgery is so disturbing to me.  She didn't look this extreme on DWTS.

3 hours ago, imjagain said:

For reals!

What is her mommy going to say that MM can't say alone?

They'll probably cry together so the panel will have to be extra kind and gentle to Meghan.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, backformore said:

The funny part to me was when Meghan looks across the table to Joy and says "that's why we are friends" with a little smile.  And Joy says "are you talking about me or your mother?"  

The whole thing was laugh-out-loud funny. I love how Joy corrected her with that big smirk on her face, as if to say, “you’re not as smart as you think, kid!”

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Kellyanne Conway is pretty awful, too. Let’s add her name to the list.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Tanichka said:

The show can't be getting positive feedback about her.  I can stand a differing opinion as long as it's well thought out & presented clearly and dispassionately.

Take a look at any comments on videos of her on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, hell even on here - she isn’t being well-received by viewers. It’s pretty bad but she does it to herself. Nobody would have an issue with her opinions if she weren’t so condescending and disrespectful in her delivery of them. Of course nobody agrees with everyone on every single thing but Meghan is so disrespectful that it makes most people not want to listen to anything she has to say.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, fishsanwitt said:

Yes, Tamar is her baby sister.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Take a look at any comments on videos of her on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, hell even on here - she isn’t being well-received by viewers. It’s pretty bad but she does it to herself. Nobody would have an issue with her opinions if she weren’t so condescending and disrespectful in her delivery of them. Of course nobody agrees with everyone on every single thing but Meghan is so disrespectful that it makes most people not want to listen to anything she has to say.

I think she is being intentionally obnoxious.  As noted above the show is getting almost daily media attention.   Meghan is becoming much more well known than before she was on the View.  I think she has plan.  Her dad's Senate seat or her own show I don't know but I don't see her making the View her career.

40 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Kellyanne Conway is pretty awful, too. Let’s add her name to the list.

Don't forget Tomi Lahren

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I think she is being intentionally obnoxious.  As noted above the show is getting almost daily media attention.   Meghan is becoming much more well known than before she was on the View.  I think she has plan.  Her dad's Senate seat or her own show I don't know but I don't see her making the View her career.

Don't forget Tomi Lahren

I definitely think Meghan is using The View to do something bigger. Then again, she has openly stated that she initially turned down the offer but her father encouraged her to do it, so I’m not too sure what her next step after this show will be. I don’t see her staying for multiple seasons, though

I think @GHScorpiosRule mentioned Tomi but YUCK... she makes me want to vomit. How that girl got a spot on anyone’s network is seriously beyond me. The fact that she lost her job for saying she’s pro-choice on The View is hilarious though ???

Edited by Alexis2291
I meant pro-choice
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan should really be more open about her life.   I mean do we have any idea her political beliefs?  Or her family background?  This whole NRA thing came out of nowhere. 

??

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Wings said:

Too bad because he was gorgeous.  

This brings back memories.   I dated a guy for awhile in 1962 because he looked JUST LIKE GEORGE PEPPARD...from "Breakfast at Tiffany's."  Not only did he have a nice convertible, he was a good dancer!  I went out with other guys too...and soon I had to give up this guy.  I never knew if he was dumb or smart because he just said so little.  Also, he didn't want to go out with other couples...just us.  Too bad, because he was gorgeous.

• Love 5