Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/19/18

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I disagree. Ana isn't afraid to voice her opinions and she doesn't suffer fools. Just watch her on CNN. I think she knows there's no point in trying to reason with Meghan. She calls out and criticizes EVERYONE. Even 45, and he's in a more powerful position than Meghan. 

And just what was Meghan blathering on about bump stocks and the Second Amendment?

Ana couldn't get a word in past Meghan's strident, "I want to say something!".  She dominated that entire conversation.  She cut off Sunny completely, and interrupted Ana.  And how graciously she "allowed" Joy to have her say after the commercial break.  This woman really thinks she's in charge.  I cannot bear the thought of Mommy Dearest joining her precious daughter.  I will read here and decide whether I watch.  It's clear to me that Meghan learned her special snowflake act from her mother, and I imagine there will be some massive ass kissing.

3 hours ago, Orillia said:

That will be the excuse when they decide to get rid of her.

If one of the co-hosts disrespects the other women at the table, the show, and the network, why shouldn't I?  Can you imagine anyone being allowed to hold their job when they publically, and nationally, trash it?

• Love 20

I thought Joy was the best on yesterday's show, overall. She clarified the gun control issue as NOT being a call to ban all guns everywhere, and she spotlighted the diversion tactic of mental illness and the meaninglessness of Trump’s statements.

I’m not surprised Meghan went berserk. 1.) Ana was there, and she always goes berserk when Ana is there. Fear and (job) insecurity? lol 2.) She’s had to hold her tongue the past few days over the gun control issue because she can’t “win” an argument with shooting victims, especially when the incident was fresh still. Because Princess McCain has never worked in a real job where you develop the ability to control yourself, she could only hold it in so long and her inner thoughts finally exploded out in one of her trademark tantrums. I’m shocked she didn’t start stomping her feet and banging the table like a baby off the rails. This is the second time Whoopi’s lost patience, too. I don’t remember her ever actually interjecting into the discussion—you know, actually moderating—before Meghan. It takes a special sort of crazy to push Whoopi there. Congrats, Meghan.

You know, I think Ana is completely taken aback by Meghan when she’s on the show. The two have known each other in the past, and I think Ana—like me when Meghan first joined The View—had no idea Meghan had become this unhinged in the interim.

• Love 21
14 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Can someone please send Meghan a dictionary.  This is just embarrassing now.

MM, otherwise known as Elsa, Tinky Winky, "conservative, Republican, NRA member, former Faux news employee",  and entitled trust fund baby, is The View's version of Norm Crosby. 

For those too young to remember him, please google.  Too many malapropisms to enumerate. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

Surprise, surprise! Dana Loesch is a friend of Meg's! Actually, that makes sense. They're both bitter bitches. 

21 hours ago, Haleth said:

Drink!

I don't even know who that is. 

I only knew who that dreadful woman was before the Town Hall due to commercials on FETV when they were airing Designing Women in the afternoon. There was a commercial that aired on there advertising something called "Superbeets" and she'd describe herself as being Dana from "The Dana Show". That annoying commercial led me her wiki page which made me not want to know any more about her after reading it. The title of Dana's radio show shows how self important she thinks she is. She was disgusting during that Town Hall especially with the inflammatory terms she used to describe mentally ill people to divert attention from actual gun law/control discussion.

After reading all the posts about Thursday's show I'm just going to delete it without watching. I don't want to get that worked up over Elsa after having a good time watching the ladies figure skating long programs and snarking with fellow posters here at PTV in the Olympic thread for that.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

You know, I think Ana is completely taken aback by Meghan when she’s on the show. The two have known each other in the past, and I think Ana—like me when Meghan first joined The View—had no idea Meghan had become this unhinged in the interim.

I don't know if this show just brings out the worst in her or if she was always this way and people just didn't notice.

• Love 10

My guess is that she's always been this way.  I think she was born pissed off.  She's perpetually scowling, always angry about something, and is spoiling for a fight every chance she gets.

For someone who entered life into the lap of luxury, she sure is pissed off.  Poor baby.  Just think about how much more unhinged she'd be had she been born into a struggling, impoverished, 3-jobs-just-to-make-ends-meet family, instead of ready-made fame and fortune.

That tantrum yesterday was epic.  Whenever anything touches a nerve, she jumps the rails, shouting people down, talking over them, jumping in to interrupt then berating those who do the same to her - in other words, having a complete meltdown instead of a reasoned, adult conversation in her indoor voice.  And - just to be extra petty - I noticed her ears were bright red throughout her little tirade. 

Please, View!  Make it stop!

• Love 17

MM is making it incredibly hard to watch this show. While Wednesday's show she was a huffy puffy and a face making brat, Thursday's  she was full on screeching monster. She never gave anyone a chance to speak. I'm wondering if someone got in her ear and pushed her to speak up, since she was in quiet baby mode Wednesday. 

Any way, she said she was glad Joy cleared up that she didn't want to do away with the second ammendment.  Huh, what? Joy made that clear to her in the past. If MM is so damn smart, (I know I know ) she'd realize most people aren't out to ban all guns . We want rational gun control. She also said most gun owners or (whatever ) think that liberals want to do away with the second ammendment.  And, that pissed me off. Meghan believes that because she chooses to believe that, it works for her, it pits one group against the other,  it us against them.  She love that , so she can spare the fake ass gratitude of that being cleared up for dim entitled  ass.

One of the producersneeds to sit her down and explain, when the panel is talking about an issue they are not attacking HER. She did it again yesterday,  WG was saying g something and MM says" I didn't say that". WG had to stop and expain we know that we arnt saying you did . Ugh, idiot. Meghan your are not the whole republican party . 

Like I said this show is getting hard to watch. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 18

I finally got to see who this Dana person is during news broadcasts last night.  Manoman, she is loathsome.

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

My God, the repeated screeching of, "I'm the only NRA member at the table!".  Who cares Meghan?  Who cares?

You don't understaaaand.  It's so exhausting for her to be the only one who does.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

One of the producersneeds to sit her down and explain, when the panel is talking about an issue they are not attacking HER. She did it again yesterday,  WG was saying g something and MM says" I didn't say that". WG had to stop and expain we know that we arnt saying you did . Ugh, idiot.

Not only that, but learn basic listening comprehension. Whoopi was very clear she was talking about the NRA. But then again, because she's a member, by extension, she assumes that whatever anyone says about the NRA, Republicans, they are talking about HER; attacking HER. Talk about Narcissistic.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not only that, but learn basic listening comprehension. Whoopi was very clear she was talking about the NRA. But then again, because she's a member, by extension, she assumes that whatever anyone says about the NRA, Republicans, they are talking about HER; attacking HER. Talk about Narcissistic.

She clearly does not play well with others.  One of her biggest problems (and there are several) is that she sees paints people with same brush.  Democrats are all the same.  Liberals are all the same. So when someone says something negative about a Republican or an NRA member she concludes they are also saying something negative about her.

She studied art or art history in college right?  One would think she wouldn't have such a rigid view of things.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Is she going to answer everyone who criticizes or questions her?  There aren't enough hours in the day.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

She clearly does not play well with others.  One of her biggest problems (and there are several) is that she sees paints people with same brush.  Democrats are all the same.  Liberals are all the same. So when someone says something negative about a Republican or an NRA member she concludes they are also saying something negative about her.

She studied art or art history in college right?  One would think she wouldn't have such a rigid view of things.

Very astute observation about Meggie's all-or-nothing thinking process.  It was really on full display yesterday.  I honestly don't know how the other panel members keep from hauling off and slugging her.  I was screaming at the television.

And just my opinion, but I doubt that she "studied" anything at college.  Attended classes maybe, probably doodling on scrap paper during classes, because she knew she's never have to work for a living, ever.  #trustfundbaby

• Love 10

The most galling thing is the inability to see outside a Meghan-centric worldview. The military is important because Meghan's family is part of it. The Republicans are awesome because Meghan is one. When she knows a guest or newsmaker,  she announces that they are "a friend of mine" like it's a job qualification. The NRA can't be wrong because she's a member.

Ana pointed out that emotions were understandably running high at the Town Hall (Remember, the shooting happened only last week. People are still hurting.)  Meghan's response was that the audience shouldn't be yelling at Dana Loesch, her friend. Arrgh. I know four-year-olds with a better sense of perspective. 

Additionally, why is Meghan still there? She seems so unhappy. I just hope that after she leaves, she doesn't paint this as her being driven out liberals. The ladies do treat her with a lot of respect, even when they disagree.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

The most galling thing is the inability to see outside a Meghan-centric worldview. The military is important because Meghan's family is part of it. The Republicans are awesome because Meghan is one. When she knows a guest or newsmaker,  she announces that they are "a friend of mine" like it's a job qualification. The NRA can't be wrong because she's a member.

Ana pointed out that emotions were understandably running high at the Town Hall (Remember, the shooting happened only last week. People are still hurting.)  Meghan's response was that the audience shouldn't be yelling at Dana Loesch, her friend. Arrgh. I know four-year-olds with a better sense of perspective. 

Additionally, why is Meghan still there? She seems so unhappy. I just hope that after she leaves, she doesn't paint this as her being driven out liberals. The ladies do treat her with a lot of respect, even when they disagree.

Those families are dealing with unimaginable grief. They can yell at whoever they want.

Meghan was well aware of what the View was and who the co-hosts are.  Did she not understand her views were going to be challenged?  And yes if she leaves I'm sure she will play the victim card.  Just like Rosie said happened with Elisabeth.  The big bad liberals picked on poor little Meghan.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Is she going to answer everyone who criticizes or questions her?  There aren't enough hours in the day.

Ooh, maybe she is! ( Signing on to Twitter to see)

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9

I think MM thought that her dad's name and mama's $ would pull the same strings that got her the show, (and other shows),  and let her spew whatever.  Entitlement is strong in this one.  

Yes, she will play the victim card,  but once she's gone,  who cares?

Seriously, the relief will be joyful. ;)

• Love 15

Today's Hot Topics are brought to you by 45.  I hope MM likes the taste of Mincemeat and Humble Pie.

ETA:  Well, guess we'll have to wait until Wednesday, when Momma's by her side.  (But - boy - does she looked steamed!)

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 10

I thought 45 wasn't gonna take shots at MM's father anymore?  

Tamar with her estranged husband ON THE SHOW is very uncomfortable.  I don't like this. 

Edited by JayD83
  • Love 8

What in God's name is up with Meghan's hair today?! Her stylist clearly wants to make her look even more foolish than she does when she opens her mouth.

9 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I thought 45 wasn't gonna take shots at MM's father anymore?  

And why does she want to wait until her mom is on the show? I mean, I guess I understand, it'll add more emotional impact.

9 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Tamar with her estranged husband ON THE SHOW is very uncomfortable.  I don't like this. 

I don't know much about this family or their reality show, other than Toni Braxton, who I love. Did Tamar get some work done?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

That was about the strangest interview ever.

I was wondering why Meghan was frowning even before they sat down. 

The school Paula was talking about is in the meth capital of the country. Our state attorney general was at Trump's panel conference yesterday and he (Trump) completely and rudely dismissed the measures taken by the school.  

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I don't know much about this family or their reality show, other than Toni Braxton, who I love. Did Tamar get some work done?

Yes, Tamar admitted to a nose job but rumors are she had much more than that. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

What in God's name is up with Meghan's hair today?! Her stylist clearly wants to make her look even more foolish than she does when she opens her mouth.

And her hair looked SO GOOD yesterday!  stick to what works!  forget all the goofy poofs and braids. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

But isn't that her normal face every day? I've never seen her wave or smile as she approaches her seat. Looks like she's always loaded for Bear and frowning or sneering.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Haleth said:

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But isn't that her normal face every day?

Today, at least, she has a reason.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

Yes, Tamar admitted to a nose job but rumors are she had much more than that. 

Tamar did not need a nose job. Her nose was fine.  I don't understand why she and Vince are on the show, talking about their marriage. It is obvious to me that she is done and he wants them to stay together. 

Meggie is pissed, so what else is new.  I had a feeling that she would be, given that, somebody was taking pot shots at her dad. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Additionally, why is Meghan still there? She seems so unhappy.

According to the Daily Mail story linked a couple pages back, she's already tried to quit twice and was talked out of it.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bannana said:

I found her repeated assertions about being an NRA member, meaning she should have a voice at the table, troubling.  We are all people, Elsa, that live in this world.  Why do you want to speak for the NRA?  When Ana said she lives with an NRA member, Elsa snarked back, that is not the same as being one?!  WTF?  Are you in a cult?

I had that exact thought yesterday. I know many people who were NRA members, but refuse to have anything to do with it. They don't stand for what they used to. Now, it's a cult, and it's a cult that worships the almighty dollar. 

Why Meg thinks being a member is a great thing, I have no idea. 

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 14

Paula talked about a very good program for school safety.  Trump met with a man who was talking about this yesterday, and trump acted bored and uninterested, switched the talk to MORE GUNS!  

The guard who didn't go into the school?  He heard gunfire, had no clue as to how many shooters or exactly where the noise was coming from.   Only in movies does one guy with a handgun take down a shooter with an AR-15.

LOVE Joe Kennedy!  But I wish they had not focused on the chapstick issue for so long.  I loved the way he deflected from the presidential question. 

Meghan talking about bipartisanship was hypocritical, as far as I'm concerned.   Bipartisanship STARTS with not labeling every person as democrat/republican, conservative/liberal, and paint them with a broad brush according to the category you put them in.   

• Love 17

When Joy corrected Meghan for calling them “reactionary”—“I think you mean reactive”—I burst out laughing because all I could think of is how everyone on this forum has been harpooning her the past week over her incorrect word usage. Joy, the former English teacher, must’ve been noticing the same things we have. At least Meghan took the correction in good fun. I thought she would've said, "Don't throw hubris out there like that, Joy!!"

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Joe Kennedy was electric and passionate.  He has a bright future ahead. This week has given me hope, that, not all is lost. 

Why didn't they announce Joe Kennedy was going to be on?  My cable guide said Tamar Braxton was the guest so I didn't bother to DVR.  Bad public relations guys!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

Paula talked about a very good program for school safety.  Trump met with a man who was talking about this yesterday, and trump acted bored and uninterested, switched the talk to MORE GUNS!  

The guard who didn't go into the school?  He heard gunfire, had no clue as to how many shooters or exactly where the noise was coming from.   Only in movies does one guy with a handgun take down a shooter with an AR-15.

LOVE Joe Kennedy!  But I wish they had not focused on the chapstick issue for so long.  I loved the way he deflected from the presidential question. 

Meghan talking about bipartisanship was hypocritical, as far as I'm concerned.   Bipartisanship STARTS with not labeling every person as democrat/republican, conservative/liberal, and paint them with a broad brush according to the category you put them in.   

I beg to differ.  He was being PAID $75K a year to PROTECT those kids.  When it came time to DO HIS JOB, he PROTECTED HIMSELF.  I hope those kids & parents sue his ass off ... he didn't even TRY!!!

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, backformore said:

I mentioned this above. That was the IN attorney general. Trump was very rude to him.  Yes, it would be expensive as Joy noted, but probably cheaper in the long run than arming, training, and insuring teachers.  Not to mention replacing teachers who quit because they want nothing to do with guns.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

When Meghan says bipartisanship she really means agree with my side.

1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

When Joy corrected Meghan for calling them “reactionary”—“I think you mean reactive”—I burst out laughing because all I could think of is how everyone on this forum has been harpooning her the past week over her incorrect word usage. Joy, the former English teacher, must’ve been noticing the same things we have. At least Meghan took the correction in good fun. I thought she would've said, "Don't throw hubris out there like that, Joy!!"

Joy has been noticing.  A couple times she has subtly said the correct word but it just went right over Meghan's head.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

The funny part to me was when Meghan looks across the table to Joy and says "that's why we are friends" with a little smile.  And Joy says "are you talking about me or your mother?"  

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Very astute observation about Meggie's all-or-nothing thinking process.  It was really on full display yesterday.  I honestly don't know how the other panel members keep from hauling off and slugging her.  I was screaming at the television.

I think at this point Joy and Sunny are giving her enough rope to hang herself.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

When Joy started the show and immediately went to MM, I thought MM was going to announce her departure Jed style.  It was disappointment that it was only about Trump dissing her father again.  

As much as I would love to see MM gone, I worry that they’d find someone who was 10x worse. I don’t know if my tolerance level is decreasing or if ABC goes out of their way to find someone even more conservative than the last host. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

As much as I would love to see MM gone, I worry that they’d find someone who was 10x worse. I don’t know if my tolerance level is decreasing or if ABC goes out of their way to find someone even more conservative than the last host. 

There is someone worse than Meghan?

• Love 12