Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Power of Veto #1; Live Eviction #1

• Start Topic

This season is more fun than I thought it would be.

Like: watching them plot and scheme, also the conversations, the POV competition (mud, noses and goobers)

Dislike: scripted diary room sessions, Omarosa

Did Keshia really make a side deal with Chuck? If she did, I missed it. Anyhow, Omarosa is not the ruler like she thinks she is. And the HOH and POV decisions are not based on group consensus unless the HOH and POV want it to be that way.

I know Brandi's not a very nice person but I am enjoying her on the show so far.

• Love 10

OK, I am all in. These people came to play. It’s actually kind of weird, it seems like more and more “real” seasons are made up of people just wanting to be on TV and not really caring about playing the game. Plus, they’re all broke and want to make it to jury to get the stipend. These people do not care about some stipend (since it’s a non-issue), and they really, really want to win, or at least make moves to win. It’s only a few weeks, they’ve already been on TV, they just want to play!

Except Metta. No clue why he is there.

• Love 22

Although I really liked Chuck, I am so pleased that the houseguests united against Omarosa (and Keisha) and blindsided them and their attempt to control the game (I'm mainly glad about disrupting Omarosa's gameplan, I'm pretty neutral on Keisha).

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

This season is more fun than I thought it would be.  You and me both!  I loved that most of them are big fans and came to play.

Like: watching them plot and scheme, also the conversations, the POV competition (mud, noses and goobers)

Dislike: scripted diary room sessions, Omarosa

Did Keshia really make a side deal with Chuck? If she did, I missed it. Anyhow, Omarosa is not the ruler like she thinks she is. And the HOH and POV decisions are not based on group consensus unless the HOH and POV want it to be that way.  Yes she did and Chuck owned up to it in his exit interview.

I know Brandi's not a very nice person but I am enjoying her on the show so far.  I know, right?  Omarosa is really the worst.

13 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Although I really liked Chuck, I am so pleased that the houseguests united against Omarosa (and Keisha) and blindsided them and their attempt to control the game (I'm mainly glad about disrupting Omarosa's gameplan, I'm pretty neutral on Keisha).

[tents fingers and taps them] Muwahaha.

• Love 3

RESPONSIBILITIES!! Damn, Shannon. Girlfriend is smart! I was so glad she didn't use the Veto then she went and flipped the script so we're stuck with James. Damn you, Shannon! He's gonna stick around to annoy me all season, isn't he?

I'm so happy that James at least had to face his worst fear and wear a stupid costume. Chump! Best laugh of the episode:

James: Can babies have a showmance

Ari: No.

I've never watched a celebrity version of BB before so it just seems so odd, in a fun way, seeing celebrities behaving the exact same way the houseguests act on every season. I actually wish this was a normal, summer 3 month long season. It's also so much easier to get into the game when you're not spending the first 3 weeks trying to learn everybody's name.

• Love 4

So...

Keshia is still nursing a baby (she was putting away a breast pump in that scene where she and Omarosa were talking about BGM). How could she be away from her baby to play this ridiculous game, even for 3 weeks--or whatever?

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

So...

Keshia is still nursing a baby (she was putting away a breast pump in that scene where she and Omarosa were talking about BGM). How could she be away from her baby to play this ridiculous game, even for 3 weeks--or whatever?

Er... Keshia’s daughter is over a year old.  Shouldn’t she already be off the bottle?

In any case, have to give Keshia credit for keeping her breast milk going for over a year.  That takes dedication.

• Love 2

Watching Chuck's exit interview with Julie  was really uncomfortable. He did not stop moving and he seemed so ill at ease. I actually could not wait until it was over. Hope he does better on the Talk, monday,

• Love 6

My biggest irritant of this episode: Omarosa going on about how Mark had to go OTB to introduce some “shock and awe” into the House.

Yeah.  Sure.  Uh-huh.  Because “shock and awe” has always been such a successful strategy in the past, right?  Because it never motivates your opponent to fight back harder, RIGHT?

Omarosa: “If I learned anything in the last year...”

(no, dear, you apparently didn’t learn dick)

”...I learned this; you don’t retreat, you reload.”

(Great strategy, if your opponent is unarmed and defenseless; otherwise, it’s a dandy recipe for getting your damfool head shot off.  Who taught you that little gem of military strategy - Cadet Bone Spurs?)

Omarosa truly is a clueless bitch in love with herself, isn’t she?  I thought it was just a summer fling.  While watching all her posturing, whatever empathy I had for her just went up in smoke.

• Love 10

Best line of the night was Chuck's, "This is not my game.  I'd rather be on The Amazing Race." 

Meanwhile inside Julie Chen's head you could almost hear her think; "Me to.  Note to self.  Kill Phil.  Take over his show.  I'm sure hubby Les will be cool with that."

Worst moment of the night is James not going home.

Biggest target in the house right now is Shannon.  She way overplayed everything.  She should have chilled and let Omarosa become the target but Omarosa is no longer a threat for now and Shannon is clearly the head of her new alliance and is perceived as the strongest player in the game.  Not good.  It's like she can't find a way to take her foot off the gas pedal and is heading directly to the edge of a cliff at full throttle. 

Edited by green
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, green said:

Best line of the night was Chuck's, "This is not my game.  I'd rather be on The Amazing Race." 

I’m gonna miss Chuck - wittingly or not, he could be hilarious.  

Anybody else get the vibe Chuck was just too much of a Nice Guy to be successful in BB in the first place?

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, green said:

nBiggest target in the house right now is Shannon.  She way overplayed everything.

Since she walked in the door she has tried to take over, not a good idea.

39 minutes ago, green said:

Worst moment of the night is James not going home.

Big mistake.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 2

So…two hours long and we still can't get an HoH comp at the end of the episode?  This trend of not doing the live HoH so that we "have" to tune in on Sunday is very annoying.  A lazy Chenbot is a bad Chenbot, or something like that.

Won't miss Chuck.  Clearly, he didn't do much strategizing, since we didn't even see him attempting to lock down his votes.  And, like every other loser out there, he thinks that The Amazing Race is just dying to have him on.  Hate to break the news, but TAR is supposed to be about ordinary people, and when they do go for celebs, it's usually a slightly higher caliber.  (Alex Rossi won the Indy 500, the X-games skiers are multiple champions, etc.  Even Joey Chestnut holds every record in his "sport".)  It annoys me when loser HGs think BB "wasn't my game", going back to Jase talking about Survivor.  Then don't go into the House and take the slot from someone who would actually try to win this game, genius.  Grrr.

All that said (and with an interested eyebrow-raise at Ian's prediction that James might actually go rather far), I can't say much for Maslow's performance in the Veto.  He really thought that "Family" would be enough to win?  Really?  At least try for "Nickelodeon" or something.

Ariadna has such beautiful hair.  Conversely, Marissa doesn't need to straighten hers, but I wish she'd at least attempt to brush it every now and then.

Loved seeing Ross flip Shannon and Shannon flip the House.  Guess there was less BGM than Omarosa thought there was, huh?

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Hate to break the news, but TAR is supposed to be about ordinary people, and when they do go for celebs, it's usually a slightly higher caliber.  (Alex Rossi won the Indy 500, the X-games skiers are multiple champions, etc.  Even Joey Chestnut holds every record in his "sport".)

Chuck has won several awards and did very well in his sport. He's much higher caliber than Joey Chestnut. jmo

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

OK. 

So, did anyone besides me get a roaring great laugh out of the fact that Chuck was evicted by a 7-1 vote and Omarosa got a giant 'Screw you' from everyone in the house, not just her 'alliance'?

Just me?

Alrighty then.

Of course.   That was the highlight.

• Love 3

Aw Metta and Ari are the most adorable dumb dumbs. 

Metta "come on nerds"

Brandi "who are the nerds?"

Metta "they are there spelling right"

And Ari shutting down the possibility of a "showmance"

I like Shannon I really do but how many people are rolling around in that head of hers. She went from strong ->weepy doormat->total breakdown and back to competitor mode. I'm not sure she's a good enough actress to pull all that off.

Does anyone know what Omarosa said as Chuck was leaving. Was it that she was the only one that didn't vote for him or was it more. Did they know going in that they would go home and be able to catch up on what already aired. Omarosa made it sound like he and Keisha had more of a deal then it seems so he'll see it was more so a play against her then him. Don't know how much he will enjoy seeing himself being a pawn for her.

Maybe I'm naive but I believe that both Brandi and Marissa felt bad and the tears were real.

Not sure exactly what Omarosa is trying to pull with her wardrobe but it doesn't seem like regular style.

• Love 2

I never thought I'd live to see the day that a Big Brother contestant would be able to spell a 16-letter word.  Correctly. 

I wish this would give the producers the impetus to tweak the summer show.  I know it is the way CBS burns hours between July and September, but the shorter season and the slightly elevated IQs of the players is making this more fun.  

• Love 12

Hated to see Chuck go, but just loved that the tables were turned on Omarosa! 

That was a breast pump, I thought it was one of those machines for asthma, lol! I bought my sister in law a breast pump but never saw it. 

Interesting that they're all in jury but able to view all footage.

Loved seeing Ian, he sure has grown up! And Josh! Ax different person. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I never thought I'd live to see the day that a Big Brother contestant would be able to spell a 16-letter word.  Correctly. 

I wish this would give the producers the impetus to tweak the summer show.  I know it is the way CBS burns hours between July and September, but the shorter season and the slightly elevated IQs of the players is making this more fun.  

They should just do two short month long seasons. One regular and one celebrity. They need a change and I also think having it be quicker than it is will keep people interested (along with og casting and not what they do now)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

So, did anyone besides me get a roaring great laugh out of the fact that Chuck was evicted by a 7-1 vote and Omarosa got a giant 'Screw you' from everyone in the house, not just her 'alliance'?

Definitely not just you.  I loathed the Black Girl Magic, or whatever it was, side alliance and was pretty happy to see it knocked down.    Omarosa and Keisha can both go now. 

I'd watch Chuck on Amazing Race for sure.   I'm wondering if his agent suggested CBB until a spot on AR opens up.

Edited by Suzysite
  • Love 1

Kind of bummed to see Chuck go. He was the one person in the house I was actually a fan of, going in. But I do agree with his (humble) conclusion that he just isn't cut out for this game. I'd totally watch TAR again if he was on! 

That being said, I'm not sure that flipping the script was the right way to go. Not at that time. I was totally with Shannon that it made no sense to pull Chuck down and put Mark up. That was the girls trying to lord too much power, and I definitely think it would backfire. Keisha and Omarosa are getting too arrogant. I was totally on board with Shannon, Ross, and Marissa breaking away (don't care about Brandi or Ari, but they're useful). But I kind of think it would have been wiser to get James out and wait until the next HOH to make their move. I feel they've given Omarosa, especially, too much of a head's up. Too much time to think. 

Time will tell. 

I'm really liking Ross so far. I'd like to see him and Marissa go far together. I still like Shannon okay, but she may be getting too emotional too quickly. Again, time will tell. 

LOVED the Veto. The spelling challenge is one of my favorites. WTG, Shannon. I'm not a stats expert, but I don't recall seeing a word that long before. And good on Chuck for bucking stereotypes and spelling a pretty decent word, considering he seemed to be having a hard time finding letters. LOVED that James was forced to wear an embarrassing outfit - his worst fear. But he seemed to take it in stride, so good for him. 

I feel dirty saying this, but I'm not hating Brandi on this show. HELP! She even said something last night that made me laugh. (Can't remember now.)

Metta and Ari may as well not even be there. So they'll probably get dragged along for votes for quite awhile, or cut soon to prevent too much "blood on my hands". Time will tell. 

• Love 8

After the cast was announced, I was very skeptical of how this season would play out, but I am very surprised how hard this cast is playing right out of the blocks.

I'm torn on the flip/Omarosa blindside. I find James really smug and annoying (wtf has he even done?) and selfishly, I really REALLY wanted him gone. Yet, I'm happy that the house flipped on O. I was willing to give her a chance. Hoping to see a kinder, funnier side of Omarosa. Then, she acted like Shannon winning the POV turned it into a team decision. Eff that noise. I'm glad Shannon went her own way and then proceeded to flip the house.

I felt bad that Chuck seemed to take the vote as a rejection of Chuck, as a person, or the way he played the game. I hope he takes Ross' words to heart, it was about sending a message, it wasn't about him.

I love Ross and I hope he goes far.

As a fan of RHOBH, consider me very, very wary of Brandi. She can be a very sweet person, but if she gets drunk, or if she feels cornered, she fights dirty. Let's all hope she can reign it in. Her recent plastic surgery makes me sad. She was so naturally pretty. I'm not a fan of her new cheeks, lips, nose, etc.

• Love 4

Once again, I’m seeing a divergence between my favorite HGs vs. the HGs I think most likely to win.

• My “favorites” list has Shannon as undisputed #1, with Ross, Mark, and Marissa in a distant jumble for 2nd.
  • My “most likely” list has Ross and Marissa splitting for #1; James, maybe, bringing up the rear.

On another note: is Ari laboring under the delusion that babies hop like frogs?  :)

• Love 4
14 hours ago, missyb said:

Watching Chuck's exit interview with Julie  was really uncomfortable. He did not stop moving and he seemed so ill at ease. I actually could not wait until it was over. Hope he does better on the Talk, monday,

I think he was struggling not to get emotional.  He looked crushed.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I feel dirty saying this, but I'm not hating Brandi on this show. HELP! She even said something last night that made me laugh. (Can't remember now.)

She had two lines I liked. The first was "Hocus Pocus, change your focus." Can't remember the 2nd one.

4 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Who was the one vote for Chuck to stay please?

Omarosa

• Love 1

I really don't want the summer season to be shorter because then what would I do with my loooooong boring nights....  But I LOVE having real players on the show and would welcome that idea over the normal people we get to see who just hope for fame.  Hate fake (or real) showmances,too.  So boring and obviously a 2fer vote.  I'm really enjoying watching these people who know the show try to play.  It always amazes me when a BB fan makes such an obvious mistake -- like when Shannon agreed with Marissa not to tell a soul they were together then seemingly walked out the door and told the first person she met!  (or close to that) I'm over here going,'' Noooooo!"  Anyway, I'm really enjoying this Celebrity Season :)

• Love 1

I'm also enjoying this season for several reasons.  Excluding MWP, everyone seems to be taking the game seriously.  None have acted above a silly reality show (perhaps because most of them have already been on one, but still), and I was shocked how quickly the women dropped the hair, makeup, and flashy dressing.  

Regular BB players would have bitched, moaned, and flagrantly defied the baby punishment - come one now, 48 hours of crawling is ridiculous and bad for your body.  And even James, who takes himself far too seriously, abided by the rules with minimal whining.

I like that the celebrities haven't been as pampered as I feared.  I realize they all get their own beds, a fancy coffee maker, no camera in the bathroom, an actual wall between the two showers, and what looks to be laundry service, but otherwise I'm not seeing a huge difference in how they're treated.  They're still expected to treat Julie like a queen, except humiliation, scrounge in the mud while snot's shot at their faces, etc.  I did notice that Omarosa is the only woman now who's twice managed to dodge getting dirty and messing up her hair and makeup, which seems to not be a coincidence, but I acknowledge that she was a big "get" with her presence in and disposal by the white house.

I haven't watched the UK's version of celebrity BB but I've read about it, and I get the impression that this version is striving to be different.  The UK version seems to cast seriously damaged celebrities who will wallow in the gutter to be on TV and earn a buck.  So far, I'm not seeing this behavior, but then I haven't looked at the feeds or BB after Dark yet.  I'm a little afraid to since I'm enjoying the show version so much.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Thalia said:

Shannon clearly put some advance thought into what words she could spell if she had to compete in this particular challenge. There's a whole array of shorter words that she could have stopped at if she had to, not many letters critical to have (like the 'R'), and it takes advantage of the producers being generous with certain letters. Contrary to what Nicole said, 10 letters is not enough to guarantee a win, even though it would have been enough in this case.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

LOVED the Veto. The spelling challenge is one of my favorites. WTG, Shannon. I'm not a stats expert, but I don't recall seeing a word that long before.

I'm also a word geek and the longest word I remember was "violinists". I think it was Steve maybe? I thought Mark was so funny celebrating "some" because, seriously, at least he made a word. What's up with the people who couldn't spell the word they wanted or dropped a letter (whatever, James) just giving up? You can still spell something with the letters you have, dumbasses!

• Love 1

Plus, if he had dropped the "A" and spelled "wing" he would have avoided being a baby!  It seemed like he was afraid people would think that he wasn't smart enough to come up with a longer word so he disqualified instead.

24 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I'm also a word geek and the longest word I remember was "violinists". I think it was Steve maybe?

Steve spelled "trombonists", but that was during a season where the words were scored on letter-difficulty, not just length.  So the "m" and the "b" paid off for him on that one.

I believe the previous winner for length was Brendon's two-time titlist (S12/S13), "understanding", at 13 letters.  Russell won the initial go-round of this comp in S11 with "shotgun" and McCrae won S15 (when he was trying to throw it) with "delivery".  Can't remember who or what took the S16 iteration; all I know off-hand is Pao-Pao's epic "caltoru" fail.

31 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

What's up with the people who couldn't spell the word they wanted or dropped a letter (whatever, James) just giving up? You can still spell something with the letters you have, dumbasses!

Seriously, if all you have is "famil" because you can't find the "y" for "family", just knock off the "m" and you're left with "fail".  Which would be quite appropriate…

2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Plus, if he had dropped the "A" and spelled "wing" he would have avoided being a baby!

That was Ari, trying to spell "warning".  At least she was going for a 7-letter word; James was only trying to get to 6.  Pathetic.

And you'd think that Mark could throw it (I assume that "some" was a throw, right? I mean, you could do "someone", "somebody" or "sometime" easily enough, I'd think) without being quite that blatant.  Perhaps he wanted the punishment, to "lie low"?

Okay, further thought reminds me that Donny won the S16 spelling comp.  Don't recall his word, though.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Kind of bummed to see Chuck go. He was the one person in the house I was actually a fan of, going in. But I do agree with his (humble) conclusion that he just isn't cut out for this game. I'd totally watch TAR again if he was on! 

That being said, I'm not sure that flipping the script was the right way to go. Not at that time. I was totally with Shannon that it made no sense to pull Chuck down and put Mark up. That was the girls trying to lord too much power, and I definitely think it would backfire. Keisha and Omarosa are getting too arrogant. I was totally on board with Shannon, Ross, and Marissa breaking away (don't care about Brandi or Ari, but they're useful). But I kind of think it would have been wiser to get James out and wait until the next HOH to make their move. I feel they've given Omarosa, especially, too much of a head's up. Too much time to think. 

Time will tell. 

I'm really liking Ross so far. I'd like to see him and Marissa go far together. I still like Shannon okay, but she may be getting too emotional too quickly. Again, time will tell. 

LOVED the Veto. The spelling challenge is one of my favorites. WTG, Shannon. I'm not a stats expert, but I don't recall seeing a word that long before. And good on Chuck for bucking stereotypes and spelling a pretty decent word, considering he seemed to be having a hard time finding letters. LOVED that James was forced to wear an embarrassing outfit - his worst fear. But he seemed to take it in stride, so good for him. 

Metta and Ari may as well not even be there. So they'll probably get dragged along for votes for quite awhile, or cut soon to prevent too much "blood on my hands". Time will tell. 

Since Shannon is a super fan she had planned a few words of different spelling contests.  I’ve only watched one season so I’m not a super fan but she is prepared for a variety of games they have used before. I bet the other super fans aren’t prepared like this.  I’m now a fan of hers. Too bad the spelling contest came up so early because that sort of put a target on her back. 

Edited by Kira53
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

Steve spelled "trombonists", but that was during a season where the words were scored on letter-difficulty, not just length.  So the "m" and the "b" paid off for him on that one.

Ah yes! Violinists didn't sound quite right. Thank you.

18 hours ago, green said:

I wonder if it pisses off TPTB how, each season, the houseguests talk about how much they want to be on TAR. (Chuck blurting it out on live tv was hilarious!) Josh may have won Big Brother but, in the eyes of a typical BB famewhore houseguest, Jessica and Cody were the real winners.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I wonder if it pisses off TPTB how, each season, the houseguests talk about how much they want to be on TAR. (Chuck blurting it out on live tv was hilarious!) Josh may have won Big Brother but, in the eyes of a typical BB famewhore houseguest, Jessica and Cody were the real winners.

Heh, heh, yeah.  I am almost sure Julie threw a big hissy fit about that comment as soon as she cleared the set.  They probably immediately warned the remaining houseguests during one of the live feeds down periods that no way no how are they allowed to mention preferring to be on either The Amazing Race or Survivor over Big Brother period let alone in front of Julie live.

Edited by green
  • Love 2

Okay, there was no way that needed to be two hours long because

1. It allowed for that paranoid whiny baby to go on about being margenalized after he inserted HIMSELF into the all female alliance when he could as easily teamed up with the guys.

2. Derrick had chance to come back...what is the fascination for this guy who single handely maid his season the WORST season of BB (yes even worse than a Paul season) because he had such a strangle hold on the game that it took every ounce of fun right out of watching  it. Puppet masters with NO personality are boring.

Back to Ross Thank you Shannon for noticing that the creep shitstirs everything up and like the coward he is ...says nothing to back her up when she is acting on HIS advice. He's despicable and worse he gets to narrrate things  and probably is third in line for screen time behind Shannon and Omarosa.

Frankly Shannon Elizabeth and Omarosa are the only ones making this thing worth watching. I hate that Ross is driving a wedge between the two of them because I don't want to lose either one of them antyime soon. The rest of them are pure cannon fodder. Why are Marisa and Metta even on  this show? They contribute zero. Did Metta even get a diary room.

No one could ever convince me that in the diary room Shannon wasn't being manipulated into this whole save James business. Grodner knows that he's the eye candy for the ladies and that she can extend the feud storyline with Brandi by keeping him in so I have no doubt she manipulated Chueck's eviction...you could tell my Brandi's honest reaction she didn't even want to do it but "The Show Must Go On!"

Again,thank god for Shannon and Omarosa for saving this trainwreck.

• Love 1