Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate the way that she questions people, it is like an attorney questioning a hostile witness.

Joke's on her because Valerie Jarrett is a lawyer. She's a lightweight and even the guests who aren't lawyers that come on the show don't fall for her bait. 

6 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I agree that MM seemed so fake and OTT with those three men

And that accent! The louder she gets the more pronounced (read: annoying) it becomes. Also, did she tell them to "come back anytime"? Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Whoopi usually say that, not any of the other co-hosts?

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Whoopi threw on a more presentable horse blanket today (in Valerie's honor?).

All MM needs is a dirndl to go with that hair-do.  I don't think it's one bit flattering, but I don't really care how stupid she looks!!!

Is it bad that I laughed at the horse blanket comment?  I want Valerie's glasses, does anyone know where to buy them?

• Love 7

I will say in MMs defense I, too, am sick of the panelists and guests bringing up John McCain and the whole “What would John McCain do?” mentality. It’s exhausting. Some of us really don’t care,  nor idolize him.

With that being said she doesn’t handle it well at all...and something tells me her husband has more political influence on her than her dad these days. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, geekburger said:

I will say in MMs defense I, too, am sick of the panelists and guests bringing up John McCain and the whole “What would John McCain do?” mentality. It’s exhausting. Some of us really don’t care,  nor idolize him.

With that being said she doesn’t handle it well at all...and something tells me her husband has more political influence on her than her dad these days.

Is it the panelists who bring it up? But I would prefer that she stops being so defensive. I don't mind a panel that isn't all liberal or conservative. Have a voice without being all party.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, geekburger said:

With all due respect,  Meghan brings up her dad more than anyone else does.  Sunny did quote him but it was relevant to the conversation.  MM can't go one day without mentioning him or her family in one way or another. I almost never hear them mention him unless he makes a statement,  or wishing well with his health.  Hell do they ever talk about the tax bill?  Wasn't it rumored that MM didn't want that discussed,  because her father.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 17
36 minutes ago, nokat said:

Is it bad that I laughed at the horse blanket comment?  I want Valerie's glasses, does anyone know where to buy them?

Is it bad that I am going to say that purple nightmare that Elsa was wearing made her look even worse than the braids?  I notice that she is wearing jeans, but that jacket as a topper was dreadful.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, nokat said:

Is it the panelists who bring it up? But I would prefer that she stops being so defensive. I don't mind a panel that isn't all liberal or conservative. Have a voice without being all party.

But who is Meghan without her party?  That is what she is known for. Everyone else on the panel is known for things other than their  political party affliation.  Meghan has made it her career.  And might I add is doing poorly at it.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

But who is Meghan without her party?  That is what she is known for. Everyone else on the panel is known for things other than their  political party affliation.  Meghan has made it her career.  And might I add is doing poorly at it.

Her performance isn't doing her any favors. She's all party.

• Love 4

This is to Meghan, we aren't your enemies. You're not on Fox. Just ease up a little.  You have good genes, and a privileged heritage. You are schooling us and and some of us have had enough of schooling.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, imjagain said:

With all due respect,  Meghan brings up her dad more than anyone else does.  Sunny did quote him but it was relevant to the conversation.  MM can't go one day without mentioning him or her family in one way or another. I almost never hear them mention him unless he makes a statement,  or wishing well with his health.  Hell do they ever talk about the tax bill?  Wasn't it rumored that MM didn't want that discussed,  because her father.

I think Yvette mentioned it during one of her guest co host days...and Meghan wasn't all that happy about it especially after Joy gave her view.

• Love 6

Whoopi going on and on about Gisele Bundchen's comments to her daughter after the Patriot's loss made me mad. I'm not a big fan of the Patriots or Gisele, but what she said to her daughter about the loss was very gracious about handling defeat. I even read that Gisele ran into some Eagle players after the game and congratulated them. Whoopi was picking apart Gisele's comment to try to make it sound like she meant that the Patriots let the Eagles win, and then they went on to talk about winners and losers and attitudes. At least Joy said that she thought Gisele didn't mean it that way. Picking apart every word that a famous person says is getting to be a national pastime.

I noticed how Joy and Valerie were so natural and at ease with the three young men. Meghan's vocal fry was over the top. 

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Whoopi going on and on about Gisele Bundchen's comments to her daughter after the Patriot's loss made me mad. I'm not a big fan of the Patriots or Gisele, but what she said to her daughter about the loss was very gracious about handling defeat. I even read that Gisele ran into some Eagle players after the game and congratulated them. Whoopi was picking apart Gisele's comment to try to make it sound like she meant that the Patriots let the Eagles win, and then they went on to talk about winners and losers and attitudes. At least Joy said that she thought Gisele didn't mean it that way. Picking apart every word that a famous person says is getting to be a national pastime.

I noticed how Joy and Valerie were so natural and at ease with the three young men. Meghan's vocal fry was over the top. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Giselle didn't mean Tom Brady let them win. She Seemed pissed, when Joy tried to give her opinion about what Giselle meant. And snapped well I'm just reading what it says, and it's written that way...yikes calm down.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, imjagain said:

And snapped well I'm just reading what it says, and it's written that way...yikes calm down.

Maybe she could try offering her own View instead of what is pre-written for her?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Right?! Meghan was so overly excited. For a minute I thought, "ok, so which one does she have a crush on?"

I wonder how much they got paid for their roles in the movie. Cheap labor, I bet.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kenz said:

Exactly. I'm certainly no Pats fan, especially today (the Colts are my team) but Giselle was saying that sometimes you have to let it go (not winning) because other teams take their turns winning.  The lesson was fine.  As usual the panel just relied on what was on their cards without bothering to look at the whole story.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Cindyluwho said:

Hey Meghan, in case you missed it the first or second or third  time she answered your question, Obama has no regrets!  Give it a rest already!

I would have loved it if after being asked for the third time Valerie would have answered with a" For the third time, No"  Meghan must have thought she could crack her under her intensive interrogation.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Orillia said:

Meghan must have thought she could crack her under her intensive interrogation.

She's a tough chick, you know. ?

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 15

Meghan is doing everything that made Elisabeth so insufferable. She's wound tighter than a spring, she can't let loose and have any kind of real conversation, she's all about "My team, no matter what." and she appears to wait for someone to say certain keywords, which she takes as her cue to lecture the audience and panel about, whether or not it's justified.

I loathed Elisabeth, but even she had more easygoing moments than Meghan has on the show.

Why can't the showrunners learn from their past mistakes?

• Love 16

Yedterday and today were real game changers (FINALLY!), in that the other hosts actually challenged MM by asking her questions exposing the lack of logic in her Faux blue-card statements,  i.e., Trump wants the wall, but  (Whoopi) he promised over and over in his campaign that Americans would NOT have to pay for it;   Trump upsetting his base, but(Valerie) so a minority base is running the country?; and Dems have to get out and vote more, but  (Joy) 3 million more people did NOT vote for Trump; and Schumer will shut down the gov, but  (Sunny)Trump is videoed saying he doesn't care,  etc....

They are finally pushing back on MM' s crazy talking points. MM's responses?  Drink from her cup. Ignore question.  Drink from her cup. Ignore question. Drink from her cup. Ignore question. Repeat. 

Please let this HAWD pressure continue until MM truly becomes exhausted and quits to spend more time with her family.  

Edited by Tosia
Yay for now.
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, ChicagoCita said:

Meghan is doing everything that made Elisabeth so insufferable. She's wound tighter than a spring, she can't let loose and have any kind of real conversation, she's all about "My team, no matter what." and she appears to wait for someone to say certain keywords, which she takes as her cue to lecture the audience and panel about, whether or not it's justified.

I loathed Elisabeth, but even she had more easygoing moments than Meghan has on the show.

Why can't the showrunners learn from their past mistakes?

Learning from past mistakes. They haven't yet. Whoopi kind of redeemed herself for me, and Meghan got two liberal claps from the audience.

Hasselbeck, no, for me she is forever a harpy.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Yedterday and today were real game changers (FINALLY!), in that the other hosts actually challenged MM by asking her questions exposing the lack of logic in her Faux blue-card statements,  i.e., Trump wants the wall, but  (Whoopi) he promised over and over in his campaign that Americans would NOT have to pay for it;   Trump upsetting his base, but(Valerie) so a minority base is running the country?; and Dems have to get out and vote more, but  (Joy) 3 million more people did NOT vote for Trump; and Schumer will shut down the gov, but  (Sunny)Trump is videoed saying he doesn't care,  etc....

Hmmmm - Have to wonder if this is a planned and coordinated effort on the part of the lib-sided hosts to rid themselves of their pesky intruder.  Perhaps they're hoping that by pushing back at MM, she'll get disgusted and frustrated enough to make her break for home and family.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 4

I think the co-hosts have been very nice to Meghan and are just now starting to push back on the newbie that is obviously (imo) not learning a thing about getting along with them, having fun, treating guests decently and exploding at any little slight. For the most part all MM does when they go to commercial is sip her tea while the others converse with each other.

Forgot to mention the other day when Sara was on skype all Meghan was interested in was diapers. Really???? !!!!

• Love 9
18 hours ago, ari333 said:

agree; MM's braids are too damn tight. [shallow me]

Meghan is just too damn tight.

She looks already angry when she is walking out, getting ready to argue about something. She is lathered up before she sits down at the table.

• Love 13

This is the thing I dislike most about McCain. She claims to be one thing, but then daily shows herself to be another. In the past, she's talked about how she's supported LGBT rights against the rest of her party, but then today she fully defends Pence, an open oppressor of LGBT. Whoopi wasn't having it, and that's the first time I've clapped for her in a while.

Still, I'm glad Whoopi was out for the Sabato, Jr. interview, because that allowed Sunny and Joy the breathing room to rake him over the coals. "I didn't mean it as an insult," when asked about the fact he referred to Obama as a Muslim. Yeah, bullsh*t.

• Love 15

Sometimes it seems like MM has a stack of blue cards with points that she wants to make that day.  Instead of letting the conversation flow, and talking about her own opinions, she reads quotes and statistics, inserting them into the discussion in a verbally defensive (and sometimes aggressive)  way.  

She will say that she is not a trump supporter, but then she will argue AGAINST anyone who says anything against him.  

And she talks about ANY issue in terms of how it will affect the republican party.  Today, when talking about women's impressions of the GOP, and this new info about an aide who has a history of domestic violence,  her sentence structure was something like this:

"70% of women have an issue with this administration. moving forward, if we present ourselves, and Orin hatch is someone who came out, the senator from Utah, who by the way can't get out of office fast enough, I can't wait for him to...    (interruption) to come out defending this, and if you're defending domestic violence toward women in the era of Me Too, it will be cataclysmic......  "   talking in a circle around the issue instead of addressing it directly. 

Her emphasis is on "How will this issue affect the future of the republican party?  will women turn away from the GOP? "  When she does insert her own view, it's in terms of how hard (and exhausting)  it is for HER to hold a view that is not in line with her party.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

Her emphasis is on "How will this issue affect the future of the republican party?  will women turn away from the GOP? "  When she does insert her own view, it's in terms of how hard (and exhausting)  it is for HER to hold a view that is not in line with her party.

Does Meghan not understand it is possible to be a member of a political party without agreeing with everything the party stands for?  And if it is so exhausting and hard to differ from her chosen party then perhaps she should find another party.

• Love 19

Does Antonio Sabato Jr. really still think - insult or not - that President Obama is a Muslim????  Really??!!  What a maroon.  I hope the voters in the district he's running in give him ZERO votes.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

He equated his mother escaping the Russians and his grandmother escaping the Holocaust with losing his agent and being "blacklisted" (his word, not mine -- Joy even tried to suggest "blackballed" but he doubled down on "blacklisted") after speaking at the GOP national convention. 

My jaw dropped at that. Really, snowflake?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, OnTime said:

In case anyone missed it or didn't know, Meghan has worked in politics her ENTIRE life.

Worked?  A more accurate phrase would have been she grew up in politics.  In college she majored in art or art history right?  

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Worked?  A more accurate phrase would have been she grew up in politics.  In college she majored in art or art history right?  

To be fair, she has made a career out of being a political commentator. She is awful at it, but, she gets paid, handsomely, for it. Yes, life is not fair..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

70% of women have an issue with this administration. moving forward, if we present ourselves, and Orin hatch is someone who came out, the senator from Utah, who by the way can't get out of office fast enough,

Oh, really?

14 minutes ago, jalady said:

Does Antonio Sabato Jr. really still think - insult or not - that President Obama is a Muslim????  Really??!!  What a maroon.  I hope the voters in the district he's running in give him ZERO votes.

I lost a little piece of my teenage heart when he spoke at the convention and boyfriend is deluded about his political "career."

14 minutes ago, General Days said:

Antonio Sabato, Jr. has lost his fool mind.

Yes, he has.

14 minutes ago, General Days said:

I love a good soap. I have even been known to enjoy a bad soap. I'm open to stories with religious-themes (if and when they're not contrived), but the clip of Sabato's new "faith-based soap" looks like it crawled up from the depths of Hell, where it was filmed by Satan's spawn on an off-brand smart phone. What demon did Donna Mills cross to end up in it? I think GH should mercy-hire her back. 

He's probably friends with that other nut, Kirk Cameron.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, she has made a career out of being a political commentator. She is awful at it, but, she gets paid handsomely, for it. Yes, life is not fair..

She is awful at it because she has no business being a political commentator.  She studied art so why isn't she working at a gallery somewhere?

2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He's probably friends with that other nut, Kirk Cameron.

And Scott Baio.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I implore you guys to read on Pence's disastrous homophobic policies in Indiana.  It is chilling. 

I live in IN and can attest to this.  Incidentally, his brother is running for Congress and will probably win. Two Pences in DC.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, General Days said:

Joy asked Sabato about his claim that Obama is a Muslim. "If he's not a Muslim, we should call him President Barry, then." Um???

He's claiming Obama changed his name, "to Obama." I think the talking point he's reaching for is that he was referred to by the diminutive "Barry," but now uses his given first name, "Barack." WTF? WT effing F? He's as dumb as a box of hair. Wait. That's not fair to hair. 

I love a good soap. I have even been known to enjoy a bad soap. I'm open to stories with religious-themes (if and when they're not contrived), but the clip of Sabato's new "faith-based soap" looks like it crawled up from the depths of Hell, where it was filmed by Satan's spawn on an off-brand smart phone. What demon did Donna Mills cross to end up in it? I think GH should mercy-hire her back. 

Marley Dias was a great palate cleanser. Thank you, young lady. 

Thanks, General Days, your whole post was hilarious and so true!

• Love 7