Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I saw the show I don't remember Star correcting Whoopi!!???

Yup, she did as Whoopi was reading the teleprompter during the introduction to Sara and her baby. She didn't stop to say "thanks Star," or anything. I know they're pressed for time but I thought that was rude.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, geekburger said:

The Sara segment was so enlightening. Not only did it show how much the show needs her, but also how rude of Whoopi to mispronounce the name and Joy not even to know the gender. 

They live in a bubble don't they? 

Can we excuse them because they are both getting over the flu?  I presume they would have sent her a gift or a card by this time.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Tanichka said:

Can we excuse them because they are both getting over the flu?  I presume they would have sent her a gift or a card by this time.

I thought about that as well.  Isn't it customary to send a baby gift to a co worker?  Or at least to have received a baby announcement from Sara?  

• Love 4

I liked that Sara said, "Whoopi, Whapee". Stunning to me that I enjoyed Starr.  (sp?) I didn't like her when she went bridezilla, but I liked her today. There's no way two attys are going to happen tho.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I thought about that as well.  Isn't it customary to send a baby gift to a co worker?  Or at least to have received a baby announcement from Sara?  

Well, she had the baby during their Christmas hiatus, and it was the first thing Whoopi announced when the show returned in the new year. Based on that, I'm assuming they all got the baby announcement.

I would LOVE a debate between Whoopi and Star. I'd PAY to see that. Because Star doesn't fuck around and neither would she back down or be coy with Whoopi.

• Love 12

They need a tax person on to clarify the charitable contribution deduction limitation in the new tax law. Whoopi's not the one to give out tax advice. . . or parenting advice . . . or medical advice . . . or how to properly pronounce names .

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I liked that Sara said, "Whoopi, Whapee". Stunning to me that I enjoyed Starr.  (sp?) I didn't like her when she went bridezilla, but I liked her today. There's no way two attys are going to happen tho.

I, too, liked Star a lot better after she left the show.  The Bridezilla thing was just too much & I was happy to see the back of her.  I enjoy an articulate person after listening to Whoopie & Meghan blather away.

• Love 9

It's always nice to see Sara and I loved that she thanks Star and said she looked good. It was a small thing, but Sara said something to everyone on the panel and made sure to include Star as well.

Star was horrible during Bridezilla, which is something she owns up to and I believe apologized for. She was always articulate and knew her stuff. It also helped that Meredith, Joy, and Lisa there so everyone raised their game up then.  I know she won't come back, but I did like when Meghan kept bringing up veterans and Star was like, Republicans bashed veterans who are Muslims. It was funny, because no one had anything to say after that.

I do have a question for everyone though, but is it just me or does the show feel shorter? It seems like they're going to commercial breaks way too often before any discussion can continue. Maybe it's because of Meghan taking up most of the conversation, I don't know, but it feels shorter and it's been like this for awhile now.

• Love 15
57 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wouldn't they have given a gift at the baby shower?  Do you have to give a gift once the baby is born too?  If so, I've been doing it wrong all these years . . .

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jalady said:

Wouldn't they have given a gift at the baby shower?  Do you have to give a gift once the baby is born too?  If so, I've been doing it wrong all these years . . .

Was Sara given gifts from them at her shower?  I remember watching it but I don't remember gifts being from the individual cohosts.

• Love 1

The show is the shortest it’s ever been, clocking in around 35-36 minutes without commercials. Guess apple and eve and all those view your deals aren’t paying enough for free promotion.

What makes the show feel shorter is the awkward and abrupt outros by our moderator and the fact that just when’s the conversation gets good someone takes over, pontificates and then fumbles into the commercial break.

Edited by geekburger
  • Love 16
40 minutes ago, geekburger said:

the fact that just when’s the conversation gets good someone takes over, pontificates and then fumbles into the commercial break.

That's not all on Whoopi though. It's the stupid producers who yell in Whoopi's ear to go to break just when some of the segments get heated or good. What I hate is when Whoopi doesn't continue the conversation.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

The show is the shortest it’s ever been, clocking in around 35-36 minutes without commercials. Guess apple and eve and all those view your deals aren’t paying enough for free promotion.

What makes the show feel shorter is the awkward and abrupt outros by our moderator and the fact that just when’s the conversation gets good someone takes over, pontificates and then fumbles into the commercial break.

AMC and OLTL were down to about 34 minutes in the last few years before they went off the air - I used to catch them on YouTube and it was surprising how short they were.

Oh Meghan. Really bitchy comment after Joy's impeachment comment "Funny. Good morning" with a snide look on her face. he just can never concede one point, can she? "No, it's not treason BUT they should have been clapping." It effectively refocuses the conversation from the problem (the treason comment) to hey, why weren't the clapping? (ie, NOT the problem). MM does this constantly, trying to refocus the conversation and I'm over it. 

• Love 22

I'm not anti-star, she was good today. I fast forward through most of Meghan because good lord she's ignorant. She doesn't know about the stock market. She has to stare at her Fox news card.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, DB in CMH said:

Oh Meghan. Really bitchy comment after Joy's impeachment comment "Funny. Good morning" with a snide look on her face. he just can never concede one point, can she? "No, it's not treason BUT they should have been clapping." It effectively refocuses the conversation from the problem (the treason comment) to hey, why weren't the clapping? (ie, NOT the problem). MM does this constantly, trying to refocus the conversation and I'm over it. 

It must be rough for Meghan to try to glean a desperate conservative remark out of almost every conversation. She doesn't like Trump, but in his State of the Union address, she needs to point out that the Democrats didn't give him a rousing ovation when he mentioned veterans, her very favorite topic. I have a feeling that her extremely conservative husband is watching her on the show every day, and she must spout out Fox talking points to please him. He might even write suggestions down on her blue cards, because she refers to them constantly. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Kenz said:

It must be rough for Meghan to try to glean a desperate conservative remark out of almost every conversation. She doesn't like Trump, but in his State of the Union address, she needs to point out that the Democrats didn't give him a rousing ovation when he mentioned veterans, her very favorite topic. I have a feeling that her extremely conservative husband is watching her on the show every day, and she must spout out Fox talking points to please him. He might even write suggestions down on her blue cards, because she refers to them constantly.

I know, she has to snark at anything Democrat. I don't buy the 'she doesn't like Trump' as she always supports him. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

It seems like they're going to commercial breaks way too often before any discussion can continue.

Right!  I only watch occasionally because of the plethora of commercials.  What also bugs me are the topics shown on the side that they never get around to.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ABitOFluff said:

I was sorry to hear Sara's little dog passed away. I knew she was elderly. It was sweet that they had pillows with her face on them.

After I saw those pillows I went online and bought 2 for myself.  One is of my grand dog and the other a picture my grandson painted. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Did they say when Sara would be coming back? I seriously hope as Sara comes back, Meghan leaves and Ana replaces her. If they are determined to have a Republican, Ana has so much more depth than Meghan.

No she didn't say, but it can't be soon enough.  Yes I was sad about Trixie too :(  circle of life I guess. One soul comes In, one soul goes out.  (course Im talking about MM and Ana hee kidding!)

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

Did they say when Sara would be coming back? I seriously hope as Sara comes back, Meghan leaves and Ana replaces her. If they are determined to have a Republican, Ana has so much more depth than Meghan.

My dog has more depth than Meghan. 

• Love 15

To Tosia, Oh honey, my dog's name is Bogart and he does not suffer fools. He fought McCarthy in the 40's. and 50's. My Bogie is the shih tzu from democratic hell.  Oh and by the way, he hates MM with a white hot passion. He poops on her hair. Yeah, I said it. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

And seriously, who does this?

I'm from a military family, I guess, in that all of the males who are of age have served, including my brother, who's a lifer and kind of a rock star. My nephew is currently in ROTC at college and will enter the Army in a year and a half. But you know, we just call ourselves "a family."

My brother is a vet who went to Afghanistan. I thank him every Veteran's Day. I'll applaud his service, not the Dumpster's self-aggrandizing speeches.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, DB in CMH said:

AMC and OLTL were down to about 34 minutes in the last few years before they went off the air - I used to catch them on YouTube and it was surprising how short they were.

I remember reading something 20-25 years ago that for every hour of network programming, there were 20 minutes of commercials vs 40 minutes of the show.  So that 40 minutes is apparently shrinking more and more as the decades go by. 

• Love 3

Star today was the Star that we all saw before Bridezilla took over her body.  I loved that Star's mention of Trump disrepecting the muslim military family shut Meghan up.  If we can't have Star back, we need someone that can shut Meghan down.  Back in the early years of Bitzy, Meredith and Star kept Bitzy at bay.. and once both left, that is when the Bitz grew more powerful.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

My favorite view panel, Sara and Ana, Sunny, Joy, no whoopi or meghan.

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan seems to have the impression that democrats who didn't clap for trump were not applauding healthcare for veterans, like they were against it.  The reality is that democrats were refusing to clap when trump told LIES about what he has accomplished.  If he says he's improved healthcare for veterans, not clapping is saying "no you didn't!"  MM is purposely distorting what happened.  And, yeah, her snotty little tirade was ridiculous.  "the democrats SHOULD have clapped!" Hey Meghan, I have an idea.  Instead of telling people what they should and shouldn't do, use your connections to get some of those people on the show so they can explain what they meant when they didn't clap for trump.  And her "hilarious!"  when the audience clapped for Joy's statement about impeachment was funny in all kinds of ways.  I bet the audience LOVES to piss her off. 

Poor Meghan.  first the dems don't clap when she thinks they should, then the View audience claps when she thinks they shouldn't.  She's like a toddler, stamping her foot and demanding everyone listen. 

Even after Sunny told her that this country was founded by dissenters, she remained angry and defiant, insisting, that the Dems had to stand and clap.  Has this girl taken a history class or read the first amendment of the constitution?  I forgot she only cares about the second amendment.  Silly me..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 23

I have been thinking about how childishly Elsa reacted to Sunny quoting her father.  A normal, mature woman would have said, I totally agree with my father (which I believe she does), and thank you, Sunny, for bringing that into the discussion.  Here's my take on this, or my perspective, or whatever.

She is so jittery and defensive.

• Love 20
8 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan seems to have the impression that democrats who didn't clap for trump were not applauding healthcare for veterans, like they were against it.  The reality is that democrats were refusing to clap when trump told LIES about what he has accomplished.  If he says he's improved healthcare for veterans, not clapping is saying "no you didn't!"  MM is purposely distorting what happened.  And, yeah, her snotty little tirade was ridiculous.  "the democrats SHOULD have clapped!" Hey Meghan, I have an idea.  Instead of telling people what they should and shouldn't do, use your connections to get some of those people on the show so they can explain what they meant when they didn't clap for trump.  And her "hilarious!"  when the audience clapped for Joy's statement about impeachment was funny in all kinds of ways.  I bet the audience LOVES to piss her off. 

Poor Meghan.  first the dems don't clap when she thinks they should, then the View audience claps when she thinks they shouldn't.  She's like a toddler, stamping her foot and demanding everyone listen. 

Has she NEVER seen a State of the Union adresss before?  

I seriously think that she has spent her young adult years partying--sex, whiskey, and Vegas poker--which she refers to occasionally, and then tries to look demure for her new MIL.  

MM IS the toddler who not only throws  a tantrum when she doesn't get her way (AUDIENCE!!!! Listen to me, not Joy or Sunny or Whoopi!!!!), but also the toddler that says shocking things about sex, whiskey,  and poker, gets a laugh from the adults, and so continues on that trajectory. 

MM really doesn't have an inkling of understanding politics, military terms, camera savvy, or how to speak clearly.  This is obvious when she cannot-- for the life of her--respond, much less listen carefully or understand a question about what she just said,  I mean, read off the blue card. Astounding ego.

Being snotty in return to the other panelists or audience is all she's got in her arrested development  pea-brain. 

I wish Star would be on more because her new persona  (not Bridezilla)is refreshingly candid for this group. 

• Love 16

I think Whoopi is losing her patience with Meghan. Not sure what's been taking her so long. Anyway, Whoopi is right - democrats don't want to do a deal because Trump's constantly saying Mexico will pay for the stupid wall. Doing a deal means the American people will be paying for the stupid wall.

And she was just pushing Valerie Jarreett to admit to regretting decisions made during the Obama administration. Meggy, she just answered your question, in a very classy way might I add. Quit trying to push her to say she regrets something, good Lord.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 18
13 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I think Whoopi is losing her patience with Meghan. Not sure what's been taking her so long. Anyway, Whoopi is right - democrats don't want to do a deal because Trump's constantly saying Mexico will pay for the stupid wall. Doing a deal means the American people will be paying for the stupid wall.

Plus, Daca does need to be a part of any deal. There is no deal to be made, since both sides want the dreamers to stay with the public approving it.  There is no need to conflate the Dreamers with immigration reform.  Megan does not want to have a discussion, she just wants to spew her talking points.. I got a kick out of Valerie Jarret asking her why can't there be a separate bill, for the dreamers now.. Right now! She had nothing to say and just pouted..lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17

Valerie Jarrett is intelligent and has a lot to say.  But Meghan wants to point to one statement Obama once made about Russia, and ask Jarrett to defend the statement, asks if Obama regrets not going after Russia.  the question behind the question, what MM was really saying but couldn't say was " so all this Russia involvement in our election - isn't all really Obama's fault?" 

Meghan says the word "bipartisan", but she doesn't use it correctly.  to her "bipartisan"  means The democrats doing what trump tells them to. 

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, backformore said:

Meghan says the word "bipartisan", but she doesn't use it correctly.  to her "bipartisan"  means The democrats doing what trump tells them to. 

Exactly. She think it means the Dems roll over.  The two issues (illegal immigration and the dreamers) should be handled separately. So is Meghan going to admit Trump is to blame for the pending shutdown?  (Yeah, right.)

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I hate the way that she questions people, it is like an attorney questioning a hostile witness.  It is pointed and tinged with nastiness.. Sometimes it is not even tinged, it is straight up disrespectful..  She needs to have several seats and Natalie handled her beautifully, like you would do with a child asking you an annoying question..

That's it!   Thank you.  I have been wracking my brain for just exactly what is going on with the way she communicates.  

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Star's 'Preach' and head nod is still funny.

I kind of wish someone challenged Meghan on the Manning treasonous comment.

Star did counter her by naming Paul Manafort as also being considered treasonous 

• Love 10