Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

MON FEB 5:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 97 • NEW  Guest co-host Ana Navarro; actress Claire Danes; hot items at affordable prices.

TUE FEB 6:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 98 • NEW    Guest co-host Star Jones; Eric Garner's widow, Esaw Snipes; author Linsey Davis.

WED FEB 7:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 99 • NEW  Guest co-host Valerie Jarrett; 2015 Paris train attack survivors Anthony Sadler, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos.

THU FEB 8:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 100 • NEW Guest co-host Whitney Cummings; congressional candidate Antonio Sabàto Jr.

FRI FEB 9:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 101 • NEW   Actor Joel McHale.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/?aid=gapzap

• Love 2
21 hours ago, buffynut said:

MON FEB 5:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 97 • NEW  Guest co-host Ana Navarro; actress Claire Danes; hot items at affordable prices.

TUE FEB 6:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 98 • NEW    Guest co-host Star Jones; Eric Garner's widow, Esaw Snipes; author Linsey Davis.

WED FEB 7:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 99 • NEW  Guest co-host Valerie Jarrett; 2015 Paris train attack survivors Anthony Sadler, Spencer Stone and Alek Skarlatos.

THU FEB 8:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 100 • NEW Guest co-host Whitney Cummings; congressional candidate Antonio Sabàto Jr.

FRI FEB 9:  SEASON 21, EPISODE 101 • NEW   Actor Joel McHale.

https://tvlistings.zap2it.com/?aid=gapzap

Re Antonio Sabato, who is, I think from GH, he is a Trump supporter, so that should be interesting. http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/01/22/republican-congress-candidate-antonio-sabato-jr-has-a-steamy-past-playing-gay/

• Love 1

In taking about Kylie Jenner, Joy said, "How skinny is this girl that no one knew she was pregnant for nine months?" Wasn't it known? I thought I knew she was pregnant. Did I get my Kardashian-Jenners mixed up, or did Joy not understand that the topic was that Kylie went into labor without the world knowing? 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, General Days said:

In taking about Kylie Jenner, Joy said, "How skinny is this girl that no one knew she was pregnant for nine months?" Wasn't it known? I thought I knew she was pregnant. Did I get my Kardashian-Jenners mixed up, or did Joy not understand that the topic was that Kylie went into labor without the world knowing? 

It was heavily rumored that she was pregnant, but for the most part, she stayed out of the public eye the last 9 months and no one in the family would confirm or deny her pregnancy.

2 hours ago, General Days said:

That pink sweater, the softer hairstyle and lipstick color flatter Meghan. It might be the best she's looked on this show, but it has done nothing for her performance, so far.  

Amazing how good she looks in that shade of pink. 

"No man speaks for me."  Typical MM comment, isn't it?

• Love 5

Meghan is so insufferable.  Her comment about no man, speaking for her was her pathetic attempt, at being witty.  It cannot be said enough, she needs to go away.  She was obviously annoyed that Sunny deftly used her father's comments about the FBI to counter her talking point.  She had nothing of substance to say, as a rebuttal, to Sunny, so, she said what she said.. Sad!

• Love 23
38 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So when Sunny read John McCain's quote and Meghan said no man speaks for me does that mean she disagreed with what he said?

She is so quick to assume she is being attacked she goes on the offensive. A good response would have been, I don't always agree with my father but in this case, do.  OR,  this is a place we don't agree.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 21
30 minutes ago, jalady said:

MM, news flash:  FBI employees are people, not robots, and they're allowed to have, and express, political views as long as they don't abuse their position/power in service of said views!  WTF is so hard to understand about that?  The fact that people share their opinions with their significant others is not news and doesn't indicate that the FBI - as an organization - is politically biased.  You don't lose your right to a political opinion because you work for the government.  As a matter of fact, it is prohibited for your political views to be considered by your job when taking (or not taking) any action towards you in the workplace.  Sunny, Imma need you to step up your game and school her when she says stupid shit like this!!!

She was pretty incoherent on this whole topic, that she talked about with everyone the whole weekend long!  She was talking about the two agents who were texting about Trump, and then went off on a tangent about Comey, and Joy questioned her and said she was talking about the two agents who texted (which she was), but Elsa responded that she was talking about Comey.

When she got flustered with Sunny quoting her father, she also muttered something again about someone in the audience and clapping.  It was difficult to understand.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, deaja said:

It was heavily rumored that she was pregnant, but for the most part, she stayed out of the public eye the last 9 months and no one in the family would confirm or deny her pregnancy.

The biggest scuttlebutt was when Kylie did not appear in the annual Kardashian Christmas card. After that, there was demonstrably false but still loud rumor that she was the surrogate for Kim and Kanye's baby.

Why do I know this, he asked.

7 minutes ago, bannana said:

When she got flustered with Sunny quoting her father, she also muttered something again about someone in the audience and clapping.  It was difficult to understand.

I get that she has the least experience in this kind of medium (except for occasional guest hosts like Ana), but the live audience aspect of The View seems to often throw Meghan off.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

I get that she has the least experience in this kind of medium (except for occasional guest hosts like Ana), but the live audience aspect of The View seems to often throw Meghan off.

I think people voicing their disapproval of her throws her off.

• Love 24
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So when Sunny read John McCain's quote and Meghan said no man speaks for me does that mean she disagreed with what he said?

I think it was more "I will bring up my father when it is appropriate to my view!  nobody else better dare quote him!" 

I didn't get MM's point about the FBI being biased.  she said it was about Carter Page.  Has she done her research?  The FBI had surveillance on a guy who lived in Russia for a few years and worked FOR the Kremlin, all before he worked on trump's campaign.   The FBI kept tabs on him, as well they should!   Then she's outraged that Comey has a twitter account? Really?  He was FIRED from the FBI.  He is now a lawyer and private citizen.  He's supposed to not have opinions?  He has only about a dozen tweets in 2018, but MM is outraged that he is allowed to speak. at all.  Why?   It's so hard to understand her point of view.  I wonder if it's because she feels the need to present the republican point of view whether or not she understands or agrees with it.  And she has to support both the pro-trump and the anti-trump republicans, which may be why she stays so vague about what she actually thinks. 

• Love 23
18 minutes ago, backformore said:

And she has to support both the pro-trump and the anti-trump republicans, which may be why she stays so vague about what she actually thinks. 

While ignoring those pesky facts.

• Love 17

I SERIOUSLY need gifs of Bugs Bunny, laughing and mockingly saying :”HAHAHAHAHAAAA...What a MAROON! HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! What an IGNORANAMUS!!!!” And place it side by side next to an image of Meghan. 

No, MEGHAN. In order for Comey to “still be a figurehead” of the FBI, he would still have to be an employee of the agency. Which he isn’t. Everyday I watch the uninformed words in the form of a word salad come out of her mouth, and I wonder how much longer she can last. Sunny wasn’t saying that McCain was “speaking” for her. 

And didn’t Meghan say she didn’t like labels? But here she goes again with the “As a CONSERVATIVE...”

And really? She thinks the Super Bowl needs to  have Pink perform the Half-Time show because no one with any talent has before? Shut your ignorant mouth. I would say Bruno Mars knows how to put on a show.

That’s not to say I don’t think Pink shouldn’t  do it, but there HAVE been talented stars who have.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 20

I said to myself yesterday that P!nk should be the one doing the half-time show instead of singing the NA because I can't stand Timberlake either, and yet even agreeing with her on those two points, Meghan still manages to make me roll my eyes. Lady Gaga performed just last year and she's undeniably talented whatever your opinion of her.

I would've clapped Sunny on the back if I'd been there. I couldn't stop laughing after she read that John McCain quote. No surprise it enraged Meghan because it put a spotlight on how few principles she has in comparison.

• Love 12

The Sara segment was so enlightening. Not only did it show how much the show needs her, but also how rude of Whoopi to mispronounce the name and Joy not even to know the gender. 

Props to Star for doing what no other panelists do and call out Whoopi out on getting something wrong and flat out telling her. 

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, geekburger said:

Props to Star for doing what no other panelists do and call out Whoopi out on getting something wrong and flat out telling her. 

Hoo boy, I bet there was hell to pay after the show.  Thing is, I'm sure Star didn't care. 

I remember Linsey Davis when she first started in broadcasting.  She was a local reporter but didn't last long because ABC NY grabbed her up quickly.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, geekburger said:

The Sara segment was so enlightening. Not only did it show how much the show needs her, but also how rude of Whoopi to mispronounce the name and Joy not even to know the gender. 

I saw Whoopie correct Star on something. Not the other way around. I might have missed it.

I, too, hated to see Whoopi not know how to pronounce the baby's name.  That really grated. Sara handled it gracefully. 

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Star was just not having Meghan's bullshit today.  She kept looking at her like "Bitch please."

I loved it and I wished that we had heard more from Star. Little Meggie is allowed to speak too much and dominate the conversation...She has to always qualify everything as a military family.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 15