Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

Sabato doesn't think it's insulting to call Obama a Muslim.  NO, it's not insulting if he IS Muslim. But saying he is Muslim when he says he is Christian, IS an insult.  He changed his name?  WTF? 

This guy comes across as STUPID as hell.   there are no qualifications necessary to run for public office, according to him.   Just be proud to be American.  And he's a big hypocrite about immigrants.  He's also mistaken about DACA, describing dreamers as "born in this country." NO, Dreamers are people like you, who came here as children.  

That soap opera clip -  Donna Mills!  Abby from Knots Landing!   I guess we know now, where all the Hollywood has-beens are hanging out.  

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I was glad to see that Whitney Cummings has apparently stopped her Chelsea Handler wannabe act.  I usually can’t stand her but didn’t mind her today.

Is that why I didn't hate her this time?

When I saw she was the guest co-host, I made sure I had Supernatural on TNT loaded up on the other TiVo tuner, so I could make a quick switch and rewind to the starting point. Then I not only didn't mind her, I kind of appreciated her input. 

1 minute ago, backformore said:

That soap opera clip -  Donna Mills!  Abby from Knots Landing!   I guess we know now, where all the Hollywood has-beens are hanging out.  

I'm overly concerned about Donna Mills. She was on General Hospital as recently as a couple of years ago (but her role sucked). It's hard for women above a certain age to get work, but damn. That soap looked terrible. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, backformore said:

Sabato doesn't think it's insulting to call Obama a Muslim.  NO, it's not insulting if he IS Muslim. But saying he is Muslim when he says he is Christian, IS an insult.  He changed his name?  WTF? 

This guy comes across as STUPID as hell.   there are no qualifications necessary to run for public office, according to him.   Just be proud to be American.  And he's a big hypocrite about immigrants.  He's also mistaken about DACA, describing dreamers as "born in this country." NO, Dreamers are people like you, who came here as children.  

Antonio Sabato Jr has also forgotten that he came to this country and spoke no English. Plus, Italians, especially, those, from Southern Italy, faced discrimination, when they got here.. 

I hope that the people on here in California will vote and make sure that this moron does not hold office.. Any idiot can run for office now. Sad!

• Love 21

Wow I am so glad Sabato Jr came on this show to expose himself as a flaming idiot, for those who didn't already know. Yikes.

13 minutes ago, backformore said:

Sabato's thing about Obama changing his name - that he used to call himself "Barry" was ridiculous.   My husband used to go by "Tommy", now he goes by Tom, but professionally he is Thomas.   Should I be concerned that he's a secret Muslim?  

I know, right? Wow it is called a nickname. Sheesh.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

In case anyone missed it or didn't know, Meghan has worked in politics her ENTIRE life.

She reminded us today.

I had to re-watch the clip to make sure I heard her correctly. Meggy, YOU have not "worked in politics" your whole life. YOU were born into a family with a father who happens to be a politician. She must be super insecure about her place in the world, making comments like that. Maybe she misspoke but she likes to make herself seem like some sort of expert in all things politics. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I implore you guys to read on Pence's disastrous homophobic policies in Indiana.  It is chilling. 

I read about him during the 2016 election and yep, he's a certified creepy a-hole nut job. 

1 hour ago, General Days said:

Joy asked Sabato about his claim that Obama is a Muslim. "If he's not a Muslim, we should call him President Barry, then." Um???

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. As Sunny and Joy said, there is no evidence that he's a Muslim. And even if he is - so the hell what? I also noticed Meggy didn't give him any push back about his claims, just Joy and Sunny. Not surprised, though.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 11
47 minutes ago, backformore said:

So Sabato wasn't insulting President Obama?  OK so you were just calling  him a liar.

And President Obama didn't change his name to Obama.  It was his father's surname.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

So is Meghan's new word cataclysmic?

So, Meggie, if you're going to toss out the word of the day, KNOW what it means ... dumb bitch!!

From Quora.com:  "A cataclysm means something more Earth-shaking like a devastatingly-(possibly) fatal earthquake (and/or intense flood or explosive cinders/ashes fallout, or lava flow). When a catastrophe occurs, it may be a news story, but maybe not. When a cataclysm occurs, it's always front-page news. There is no such parallel notion here, like a ‘minor cataclysm.’

The giant meteorite that killed all the dinosaurs on Earth so many millions of years ago was a truly cataclysmic event.

A catastrophe means something akin to “events have spiraled out of control. The usual order is disrupted.”

But not every catastrophe is necessarily tragic. This is why we also have the phrase “a minor catastrophe” which can even be used casually along with the phrase “has been avoided.” A pro hair stylist might say that an amateur’s failed attempt at hair-cutting is a catastrophe (obviously it's intense to them, but no one dies)."

• Love 12

I liked Whitney today and thought that for the most part it was a pretty good show.

I don't like the actor guy though. His acting, at least from the clip shown, doesn't seem all that great. Plus I hated that he said nothing. It was just veterans this, second amendment, America first, I love my country and the president, and nothing else. And the whole thing about Obama....Obama is a Muslim because his name isn't Barry? I wonder how this guy feels about all of the Arab Christians and Jews with Arabic sounding names? Plus, he said that he's a Jew who is now a Christian, but Obama is a Muslim because once you're Muslim you're always Muslim...that's not how the religion works. And even then, what's wrong with being a Muslim? The whole conversation was so stupid.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:06 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Star did counter her by naming Paul Manafort as also being considered treasonous 

I know, but I just wanted a bit more.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Did Sabato say he was running for office in California? Surely he wont make it in . 

That Dias child (forgot her first name) was delightful

Yeah, he claims he's getting a lot of support in his district. I'm curious about which district he's referring to because I can't imagine a state like Cali would agree with anything his crazy ass has to say.

• Love 7

Sabato seems to be operating under the illusion that he has the election in the bag. He has to make it out of the primary, which is an open primary and if there's more than one Democrat running (the incumbent in his district is a Democrat), he may not even make it to the general election.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Sabato seems to be operating under the illusion that he has the election in the bag.

He is a celebrity.  He probably thinks voters will vote for him simply for that reason.  As been mentioned many times in this thread he is an idiot.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Sabato seems to be operating under the illusion that he has the election in the bag. He has to make it out of the primary, which is an open primary and if there's more than one Democrat running (the incumbent in his district is a Democrat), he may not even make it to the general election.

Maybe the universe will handle it :-) I found him repulsive. Loved the little girl though. ANd Whoopi seemed slightly less annoying

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Please let us know who the Democrat is, if he even makes it that far, so I can donate all I can to them, as well as send postcards to registered dems in the area.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, General Days said:

I also wanted to someone to point out that Barry seems like a perfectly reasonable "Americanized" nickname for a kid named Barack, but that the last name is Obama on the birth cert -- so there was no name change you twit.

A lot of people with foreign names, growing up, in the states, will Americanized their names, to make it easier for people who cannot pronounce it.  You get tired of people butchering your name and having to constantly correct them.  There is nothing nefarious about it..  I have done it and so have other people.. I am sure Antonio has done it as well.  Tony comes to mind, in regards to, his Italian name, Antonio..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Yeah, he claims he's getting a lot of support in his district. I'm curious about which district he's referring to because I can't imagine a state like Cali would agree with anything his crazy ass has to say.

He's proven himself to be a delusional fool, who believes and is drunk on his own brand of Krazy Kook-Aid*.

*That ain't no typo! And yes, I realize I used a double negative. What'syerpoint?

9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

He is a celebrity.  He probably thinks voters will vote for him simply for that reason.  As been mentioned many times in this thread he is an idiot.

Whodathunkit? I posted this elsewhere, that though he wasn't/isn't the greatest actor, his stint as Jagger, with respect to playing Stone's brother, and a father to a boy who was autistic on Night Shift, he wasn't bad. That one movie he did post-GH, playing a Navy SEAL, wasn't too bad. He was okay on his guest stint on NCIS a few years ago.  But the Kray-Kray done gone and warped his brain. 

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Devin Nunes is from CA. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Devin Nunes is from CA. 

Well, and Sabato's wife (could be an ex-wife by now, not sure) -- her last name is Nunes. I noticed when I looked on IMDb. I couldn't find a link between them (but that doesn't mean they're not cousins or something). 

3 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I never heard of Antonio Sabato, Jr. before today.  I hope to never hear of him again.

He was the white hottie snogging Janet Jackson in her "Love Will Never Do Without You" video.

• Love 5

Sabato is running in the 26th Congressional district of California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California's_26th_congressional_district

The incumbent is Democrat Julia Brownley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Brownley

Say Good Night Kevin, who is a Christian who reviews Christian movies from a Christian viewpoint, did a reaction to the first episode of Sabato's new Christian soap opera, Hilton Head Island.  He was not pleased.  I did have some objections to his laughing at the soap opera tropes instead of just dealing with this episode, but here's his reaction:

• Love 1
On 2/6/2018 at 1:21 PM, CheezyXpressed said:

I do have a question for everyone though, but is it just me or does the show feel shorter? It seems like they're going to commercial breaks way too often before any discussion can continue. Maybe it's because of Meghan taking up most of the conversation, I don't know, but it feels shorter and it's been like this for awhile now.

Ive had that very same feeling. ..

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Obama called himself Barry, so that he can fit in with his peers. Those of us with funny names can relate to that..

My parents gave me an unusual name that I like, but I always thought it was an adult name. I used a cutesy derivative of it until I turned 30, and then started using my full birth name. My feeling is that -- for different reasons -- Barack did the same thing. I'm sure Antonio has used derivatives of his name with no one questioning his motives. Ditto for Ricky / Enrique Martin. Such a silly point for him to try to make! Not a smart one, that one.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

A lot of people with foreign names, growing up, in the states, will Americanized their names, to make it easier for people who cannot pronounce it.  You get tired of people butchering your name and having to constantly correct them.  There is nothing nefarious about it..  I have done it and so have other people.. 

Agreed. I have an unusual first name and used a variant because I got tired of the constant questions, weird looks and mispronunciation I got from it growing up.  I'm sure Pres. Obama did the same. 

Ex Gov Bobby Jindal's real first name is Piyush. Nikki Haley's is Nimrata. I guess they are secret Muslims too, based on Saboto's line of thinking.

• Love 8

Sabozo better not get close to winning his district. California is already embarrassed by Nunez, Ed Royce, Issa, Dana R. and Mimi Walters. He really thinks he will win because he's a "hot actor", doesn't he?  Hey Elsa, this is one of "your" Republicans you're always screeching about. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, twoods said:

Sabozo better not get close to winning his district. California is already embarrassed by Nunez, Ed Royce, Issa, Dana R. and Mimi Walters. He really thinks he will win because he's a "hot actor", doesn't he?  Hey Elsa, this is one of "your" Republicans you're always screeching about. 

She did tweet the day before he aired on the View, and signed it off with, "my friend".

• Love 2

I wish Joy would have been able to speak more during the Adam Rippon discussion, but good for Whoopi and Whitney for reframing the topic. No, Meghan McCain, this is not an issue of "learning" from the other side. I am viscerally upset that someone who once posed for a No H8 photo shoot thinks that this issue is comparable to disagreeing with your friend about something important but impersonal to who you are AS A PERSON.

I have a few evangelical relatives and acquaintances. They don't believe in marriage equality. That sucks, but we co-exist and take pictures at holidays and enjoy each other's company.

No one in my family was a governor of a state that signed a bill allowing businesses to deny service to gay people based on "religious freedom" that was not only fundamentally ridiculous but also lost millions of dollars for his state when conventions and corporations refused to do business there.

Whoopi made a great point about "the photo-op", because had Adam Rippon done so, it would have made him a pariah on gay social media (seen as complicit) and implicitly told gay kids that this shit is okay.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, JakeyJokes said:

No one in my family was a governor of a state that signed a bill allowing businesses to deny service to gay people based on "religious freedom" that was not only fundamentally ridiculous but also lost millions of dollars for his state when conventions and corporations refused to do business there.

Even though RFRA was amended in IN the repercussions continue.  Amazon is looking for a new place to build a second headquarters and Indy is in the running... except that pesky little bias against people of various sexual orientations thing may quash the whole deal.  Thanks a lot, Mike.

So it was insulting for Meghan to imply that Rippon had a patriotic duty to meet with Pence.  I applaud him for his "no thanks."

• Love 20
7 hours ago, twoods said:

It's Sabato, Junior. And Nunes. The latter is NOT Latino, as Ana pointed out to Whoopi, who had pronounced his name as Nunyez. It's Noonus. And Issa is leaving and not running for office come November. 

As for name changing? I always roll my eyes at those of my friends and acquaintances, not to mention people of East Indian descent, whose names are NOT that hard, but they Anglicized them for...reasons. Rakesh==>Rick. Rakesh is NOT that hard to pronounce. I refused to do anything similar with my name. Just kept repeating it until people got it right. And it's not a name with 10 plus syllables, either.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for name changing? I always roll my eyes at those of my friends and acquaintances, not to mention people of East Indian descent, whose names are NOT that hard, but they Anglicized them for...reasons. Rakesh==>Rick. Rakesh is NOT that hard to pronounce. I refused to do anything similar with my name. Just kept repeating it until people got it right. And it's not a name with 10 plus syllables, either.

The reverse is true as well.  I don't like when people shorten someone's name without knowing if that is what someone goes by.  I liked the name Andrew for my son but I knew people would automatically call him Andy.  So I named him Zackary.  I could live with Zack.  I couldn't have lived with Andy.  Not that there is anything wrong with Andy.  It just makes me think of Raggedy Andy.  I wonder how Meghan would react to people calling her Meg?

• Love 2

Sorry, I knew Nunes spelling but accidentally added the "z" (I was trying to call him Nonez then donez but changed it) but Sabozo was misspelled correctly since I'm petty like that. Anytime someone comes on a show and promotes birthism m or "He's Muslim not Christian" nonsense, it make sure me mad. Ed Royce is leaving too but those guys have already embarrassed us Californians that it can't be fast enough. 

I always felt that when some of the Repubs or right wing media called Barack "Barry" while he was president, it was a slight towards him. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7

I kind of prefer Sabozo.

Funny that today's show started with discussion of difficult to pronounce names. 

Ugh.  Nancy Grace.

Oh, so this Ross guy is Meghan's good friend too?  Oh, brother.

• Love 11
46 minutes ago, twoods said:

but Sabozo was misspelled correctly since I'm petty like that.

Ooops! Sorry! And since I'm petty too, I should have clued into that!

7 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I kind of prefer Sabozo.

Now that I'm clearly reading it, so do I, because he is a bozo of the worst order. Would a "good Christian" like he's referring to himself, go on a reality show called "wife swap" and switch his wife with someone else's? Oh wait. He DID!

• Love 5