Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Go Joy!!  (Someone really needs to transcribe THAT convo ... LOL.)

That was glorious LOL I'm waiting on someone to transcribe it, too! They are so much more, shall we say, candid with one another when Whoopi isn't there to cut to commercials. I'm glad Joy shut her down because she was trying to put words in Joy's mouth. 

2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Whoa, baby!  I thought we were going to see Meghan storm off!

Did you see the camera pan to Sunny's face as they were going at it? LOL. 

• Love 11

LOL  I was just thinking how much happier and relaxed "As a Republican" Meghan seems when Whoopi's absent when ---BOOM!!!  "THAR SHE BLOWS!!!"  We were thisclose to her impromptu exit!

• Love 18
Just now, lexytheblasian said:

That was glorious LOL I'm waiting on someone to transcribe it, too! They are so much more, shall we say, candid with one another when Whoopi isn't there to cut to commercials. I'm glad Joy shut her down because she was trying to put words in Joy's mouth. 

What words? In what context was Meghan trying to play the victim? TELLME!TELLME!TELLMEEEEEE!

• Love 5

I don't mind verbal sparring on this show; after all, The View should be about different points of view.  What I can't stand, though, is MM's haughty and disrespectful attitude toward Joy, her eye-rolling and virtual foot-stomping when she's spouting her shit.  One of these days I fully expect her to throw herself down on the floor and start kicking and pounding, like a toddler's hissy fit in the grocery store when they can't have their Cocoa Puffs NOW.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What words? In what context was Meghan trying to play the victim? TELLME!TELLME!TELLMEEEEEE!

Basically Meghan was trying to say that Joy was laughing at women getting abused when she was really laughing at John Kelly pretending to be "shocked."

• Love 16

BTW, the Van Jones interview should be interesting (mentioning it here because MM mentioned it on the show).  He was on CNN this morning saying MM is a reasonable Republican, not a knee jerk tribalist, like so many others.  RME hard.  I don't know what MM he's talking about.  Maybe he doesn't regularly watch "The View", LOL!  She starts every sentence about every topic with "as a Republican".

Edited by jalady
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

As for name changing? I always roll my eyes at those of my friends and acquaintances, not to mention people of East Indian descent, whose names are NOT that hard, but they Anglicized them for...reasons. Rakesh==>Rick. Rakesh is NOT that hard to pronounce. I refused to do anything similar with my name. Just kept repeating it until people got it right. And it's not a name with 10 plus syllables, either.

I'm with you here. I have a difficult name to pronounce, especially since the spelling doesn't help you. But if someone can take the time to learn the spell names in Harry Potter, then they should take the time to learn my name. I do give some leeway if it's just too hard, but most people should be able to say my name. I have a whole sentence thing to explain the pronunciation to for it too.

• Love 1

So how old will Kim K West's son be when HE begins taking nude photos of her? Just wondering. 

I am convinced that MM is trying to get a split screen argument with Joy so it will go viral and put her ass on the map like Bits. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I cannot stand Joel McHale.

I don't think Joy likes him much, either....did you see the look of shock on her face when he said he was co-hosting on Monday??  

Personally, I cannot stand Nancy Grace.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ari333 said:

So how old will Kim K West's son be when HE begins taking nude photos of her? Just wondering. 

I am convinced that MM is trying to get a split screen argument with Joy so it will go viral and put her ass on the map like Bits. 

That is her goal, but, it will not work.  Rosie was more emotional and sensitive than Joy. Rosie thought that she and Elizabeth were friends and that she was her mentor. Joy has no illusions when it comes to Megan McCain.  Megan was trying to impugn Joy's character, by saying that she was making light of domestic violence in the era of Me too and Time is up.. So, Joy had to set the record straight, by responding to Megan..

• Love 20

I'm just going to chime in,  I just Cant with Meghan!  I had to turn the TV off.  Ugh, she was so rude & angry.  Sheesh, if she wants to go on Van Jones show, then please leave this show!  Meghan gets so angry if anyone attacks any Republicans.  And when Joy brought up the fact that Meghan's father, Sen.McCain was not like the Republicans of today, Meghan got all huffy, Nobody is allowed to talk about her Father but Her!

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

That is her goal, but, it will not work.  Rosie was more emotional and sensitive than Joy. Rosie thought that she and Elizabeth were friends and that she was her mentor. Joy has no illusions when it comes to Megan McCain.  Megan was trying to impugn Joy's character, by saying that she was making light of domestic violence in the era of Me too and Time is up.. So, Joy had to set the record straight, by responding to Megan..

Yes. I agree it won't work, but it is not stopping MM from trying.  Implying or outright saying that Joy was laughing at abuse victims was absurd.

• Love 13

I was happy Joy did not back down for Princess McCain when she tried to shut everyone down by suddenly pretending she cares about women as a way to defend Trump and his domestic abuser underling(s) out of the other side of her mouth.

I also thought it was pretty revealing of who she is when Meghan sidestepped the issue of right or wrong in Kardashian’s actions with, “They’re enormously successful.” Money isn’t a moral high-ground. That way of thinking explains everything about her and the million excuses she doles out for so many on this show everyday.

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

Basically Meghan was trying to say that Joy was laughing at women getting abused when she was really laughing at John Kelly pretending to be "shocked."

Sorry, these posts should have been switched.  My bad, but "Sugar" gets the answer.

25 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Please!

Edited by Medicine Crow
To clarify.
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:
20 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

So Meghan says as a Republican she is offended that Joy was making light of domestic violence (which Joy was NOT doing) and then less than five minutes later says this shouldn't be a Republican/Democrat issue.  She gets worse by the day.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I also thought it was pretty revealing of who she is when Meghan sidestepped the issue of right or wrong in Kardashian’s actions with, “They’re enormously successful.” Money isn’t a moral high-ground. That way of thinking explains everything about her and the million excuses she doles out for so many on this show everyday.

Boy, that sure does explain her blatant disdain for everyone else on the panel.  She knows her trust fund/inheritance financial status puts her far above the rest of them money-wise and that's why she looks down her nose at them.  She's ridden the celebrity status and back account coattails of her parents her entire life, and she acts exactly like the spoiled brat that she is.   Why oh why can't she just have the meltdown she's obviously headed for and get the hell off this show?!?!?  I loathe her.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 21
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Exactly. I can't bear to rewatch it because it breaks my heart, but the Rosie/Bits splitscreen was a personal argument about if Bits was really Rosie's friend or not. ON LIVE TV. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I'll have to watch the rest of the show later. Kiddo's home, snow day (yay!,for him). Can't have him see me saying "bitch what?" At the tv lol. 

It should be up on youtube, but apparently they deleted the argument between the two of them right after they uploaded it.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

It should be up on youtube, but apparently they deleted the argument between the two of them right after they uploaded it.

I  have it  recorded, but thanks.  It'll probably be on hulu as well,  but yeah the argument might deleted there as well. 

I wonder why the would delete the argument?  Isn't that what the show wants, sparks and attention?  Strange.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Oh, so this Ross guy is Meghan's good friend too?  Oh, brother.

I think that Meghan's definition of "friend"  is different than mine.   It seems to mean, "someone I met once, or was at the same event/party/bar I was at, and I'm pretty sure they glanced my way." 

• Love 17

Go Joy! I'm so glad that Joy stood up to Meh-gan. It's taken a while. Joy is a consummate professional, so this must have *really* ticked her off.

Anyone *not* Meh-gan could see that Joy was sticking it to Kelly. They'll never get rid of her. We can't stand MM but we keep watching. Sad, that. I'm in that boat as well.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meghan gets so angry if anyone attacks any Republicans.  And when Joy brought up the fact that Meghan's father, Sen.McCain was not like the Republicans of today, Meghan got all huffy, Nobody is allowed to talk about her Father but Her!

Meghan gets angry and ACTS like anyone who criticizes any Republican, as a personal attack against her. That's the difference. Attacking would be name calling and putting them down. I haven't seen that. What I have seen is the panel calling them out on the lies/hypocrisy/eunuch behavior. But Meghan sees that as Joy and to a lesser extent, Sunny, attacking her. Because she's the lone Republican on the panel and feels it's her job to teach everyone, and gets all twisted up because no one will "listen" to her and agree. Of course she never challenges Whoopi when Whoopi does the same.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, ari333 said:

she pretty much said that was her goal the first day she was on.  

When Meghan was on Colbert recently, she said  she knew people were liberal, but she didn't know people were "quite as liberal as Joy Behar!"  She really sees Joy as being as far left as you can get.  

I loved Joy's retort that started "as a democrat, I'm offended by republicans".  Joy is one sharp lady, mocking MM's constant "as a republican..."  bullshit.  Joy almost never couches her opinions by saying "as a democrat". 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, backformore said:

I loved Joy's retort that started "as a democrat, I'm offended by republicans".  Joy is one sharp lady, mocking MM's constant "as a republican..."  bullshit.  Joy almost never couches her opinions by saying "as a democrat". 

Because Joy doesn't define  herself by her political party affiliation.  Meghan does.

• Love 19

You are offensive, and the fact that you are a republican is only a small piece of the reason. 

Because it cannot be said enough.  Meghan dear it's not that you are Republican that offends Joy (and me too) it's your childish obnoxious behavior that offends us. 

And Joy wasn't singling Meghan out. She said Republicans, meaning the party currently in power, offended her.

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think that Meghan's definition of "friend"  is different than mine.   It seems to mean, "someone I met once, or was at the same event/party/bar I was at, and I'm pretty sure they glanced my way." 

Kind of like all the guys who said they "dated" Meghan, when they were actually just "meetings to discuss politics".....   ;-)

• Love 12

I keep noticing and keep forgetting to mention -- I think all of the Black History Month spotlights have (so far) been for women. If they mentioned that at the beginning of the month, I missed it, but I really like it.

I think I have to let the Sabozo (his name henceforth, thank you, @twoods) thing go (after this post), because when Sunny was talking about how Nancy first shortened her given name, Asunción, to Sunny for media, I shouted at my TV, "WHY DON'T WE JUST CALL HER PRESIDENT BARRY, THEN?!"

On 2/8/2018 at 12:35 PM, backformore said:

Sabato doesn't think it's insulting to call Obama a Muslim.  NO, it's not insulting if he IS Muslim. But saying he is Muslim when he says he is Christian, IS an insult.  He changed his name?  WTF? 

23 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

So Sabato wasn't insulting President Obama?  OK so you were just calling  him a liar.

And President Obama didn't change his name to Obama.  It was his father's surname.

This is really it. This is why it is an insult. When Sabozo says what he said on The View, he is lying about Obama. Despite paying lip service, yesterday, to the Obamas being good people, Sabozo told a lie which was crafted (originally by other people) with evil intent.  Sabozo's purpose certainly wasn't to imply poor Obama is just trying to fit in with the other kids at lunch.

Obama was areligious when he got involved with Chicago church groups as part of his community activism (which is NOT A DIRTY WORD). He then became a Christian, which adherents to Christianity should actually find inspiring.

The people who claim he is a Muslim are really saying that he's this evil person lying about his own life in order to deceive the American people and enact Sharia Law (and take away all our guns), which -- REALITY CHECK -- never happened. That's at the root of Sabozo's inarticulate bullshit on The View

I think the conspiracy theory Sabozo was trying to promote, yesterday, starts when Obama and his mom lived in Indonesia, with his Indonesian stepfather, who sent him to a Muslim school. There are pictures of him as a teen in traditional garb, and the nutters have latched onto this as PROOF he's some ALL TIME MUSLIM.

Obama might have been enrolled in that school with his stepfather's surname, and the birther/Muslim-ers see this as proof positive of their bigoted Sharia Law conspiracy theory. The thing is, Sabozo clearly doesn't even understand which crackpot rumor he is so badly trying to espouse. I hope his utter ineptitude at being an ineffective conspiracy theorist/propagandist on The View will render him utterly irrelevant in his election.

40 minutes ago, ChicagoCita said:

In a nutshell -- Joy was making fun of Kelly being "so shocked" that Porter is a serial woman abuser. Meghan squirmed on the stick she has continually stuck up her ass and started lecturing Joy that making fun of an abused woman is not funny. Joy said she was not making fun of an abused woman, don't put words in my mouth Meghan, and Meghan interrupted her to say "As A Republican" she was offended. To which Joy said, "As a Democrat, I'm offended by Republicans."

Sunny and Nancy Grace, who have tried cases of abuse, stepped in and made the conversation saner.

Then Meghan, squirming again, played the victim and went on and on about how Joy was so offended by Republicans, Joy was so offended by Meghan even being at the table. Joy said, "I'm offended by a racist being in the White House," and Meghan said, "Oh come on, Joy." And Joy said, "Oh come on, Meghan." Meghan said she was looking forward to going on Van Jones and being treated (spitting out) "RESPECTFULLY."

Gloves are off! She was enraged -- mentioning several times -- that she believes her mere presence as a Republican offends Joy. I mean, there were actual icicles on her words.

I was paying bills (and overdosed on the Porter story yesterday), so this totally escaped my notice. I have to go back and watch. 

33 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Well, she is Elsa, after all. ?❄️⛄️

She's not Elsa, though. I mean, I know we've latched onto that name but McCan't is no Elsa -- if we set aside her blonde hair, braids, and pretense of being an ice princess. For a Disney film, Frozen is a decent story about overcoming misogyny (and can also be something of a coming out metaphor). Elsa had power her parents feared and didn't take the time to understand so they made her hide it. They made her fear herself so much she alienated herself from the person she loved best in the world (her sister). It was only once she accepted who she was that Elsa was able to be a force for good.

McCan't is just a waste of (familial) power, position, wealth, and opportunity (i.e. the media's willingness to allow her to trade on her famous name, as well as the novelty that she's a Republican mouthpiece who doesn't usually hate gay people the way many of her ilk do).

If she were really an Elsa, she'd be better than this by the ripe old age of 33.

9 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan gets angry and ACTS like anyone who criticizes any Republican, as a personal attack against her. That's the difference. Attacking would be name calling and putting them down. I haven't seen that. What I have seen is the panel calling them out on the lies/hypocrisy/eunuch behavior. But Meghan sees that as Joy and to a lesser extent, Sunny, attacking her. Because she's the lone Republican on the panel and feels it's her job to teach everyone, and gets all twisted up because no one will "listen" to her and agree. Of course she never challenges Whoopi when Whoopi does the same.

THIS! She actively seeks to take offense. 

She's also forever in search of the soundbite she can use against the liberal elites (ignoring how very elite she is, in terms of her familial privileges).

That's what her crap was really about when she was pressing Valerie Jarrett for an answer on whether or not Obama has regrets. It was so clear that going in, McCan't was thinking: "If Jarrett says yes, I can put this on my reel to prove that I cracked the Obama facade. If Jarrett says no, I can put it on my reel to prove I don't give up in the face of an Obama lackey's obfuscation."

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Kind of like all the guys who said they "dated" Meghan, when they were actually just "meetings to discuss politics".....   ;-)

I don't mean to be a Meggy basher 24/7 but... she is just unbelievable. I laughed so hard when she said, "meeting just to discuss politics." As if she's some high-ranking expert on politics that people want to meet up with and discuss it in a serious, informed way. LOL.

38 minutes ago, backformore said:

Haha yassss! Joy was clearly mocking Meggy's signature "As a republican" crap. I love Joy to pieces.

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, General Days said:

I keep noticing and keep forgetting to mention -- I think all of the Black History Month spotlights have (so far) been for women. If they mentioned that at the beginning of the month, I missed it, but I really like it.

I believe Whoopi said that all month's Black History spotlights would be women.

Just now, OnTime said:

What is wrong be being a Meghan basher 24x7?

lololol, we're this far in and I'm still trying to find a redeemable quality about her but I just don't think she has one, so I suppose you're right! 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:

I don't mean to be a Meggy basher 24/7 but... she is just unbelievable. I laughed so hard when she said, "meeting just to discuss politics." As if she's some high-ranking expert on politics that people want to meet up with and discuss it in a serious, informed way. LOL.

I'm sorry, did you miss that Meghan has worked in politics her entire life? 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12

I think a fatal flaw in Meghan's thinking is that she wants to be a peace broker "between the two sides" and does not realize that this may happen in a normal presidency, but not with this president. True Democrats, like Joy and Sen. Durbin, will never compromise and accept bigotry and xenophobia. There is no making deals or finding common ground with Trump if one truly believes in the big-tent theory that is at the heart of current Democratic beliefs.

I truly believe Meghan thinks all the Democratic blowback stems from hurt feelings that "her" party won and "the other" party didn't. It's not. It's an inability to work with a racist, misogynistic, elitist president and accept or compromise with his policies.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 14

I'm sorry, did you miss that Meghan has worked in politics her entire life? 

Oh darn, how could I possibly forget?! She's political expert Meghan McCain, y'all! Anytime I want to know what's going on in the world of politics, I look up what Meghan McCain has to say about it.

=)

• Love 11