Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 2/5/18

buffynut
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, OnTime said:

What is wrong being a Meghan basher 24x7?

It's not like she doesn't give us plenty to bash her with.

1 minute ago, lexytheblasian said:

Oh darn, how could I possibly forget?! She's political expert Meghan McCain, y'all! Anytime I want to know what's going on in the world of politics, I look up what Meghan McCain has to say about it.

Sadly there are plenty of people who do seek her out for her opinion.  Van Jones to name one.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, lexytheblasian said:
12 minutes ago, backformore said:

I'm sorry, did you miss that Meghan has worked in politics her entire life? 

Oh darn, how could I possibly forget?! She's political expert Meghan McCain, y'all! Anytime I want to know what's going on in the world of politics, I look up what Meghan McCain has to say about it.

And in addition to being an expert in the world of politics, she is best friends with just about anyone that is in the news headlines, Leann Tweeden (Al Franken accuser), SE Cupp and today Ross Matthews.

How long until she says Hope Hicks is her next best friend?

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Sadly there are plenty of people who do seek her out for her opinion.  Van Jones to name one.

You mean Mr. Flip-Flop who said Trump's first "prepared" speech was "Presidential" (until he remembered what a snake he really is).

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, General Days said:

She's not Elsa, though.

Oh, I realize that.  I was only referring to the physical similarities, nothing more.  I've seen her referenced by that name here and perhaps I mistook the analogy. 

• Love 1

I loved Joy for not putting up with Megan's shit. She clearly is looking for a fight with Joy and she gladly put her in her place.

As for the Kim K discussion, yes if a normal person had taken photos like that in the nude by their child and posted it, that parent would be looking at child abuse charges. I have read of cases where an innocent photo of a parent taking a picture of their child in the tub resulted in them being taken from the home. You can't be too careful when it comes to child missteps these days.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Meghan: I’m actually going to go on the Van Jones show on Saturday and I was actually looking forward to talking about this in a way that is respectful and not being told that just because I’m a Republican I’m offending you. We are not going to move the needle one way or another just throwing out platitudes and hubris like that. And I would like to have a real conversation about that.

Platitudes and hubris? Yeah, those are two words I use everyday. 

I swear she has a script!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Meghan: I’m actually going to go on the Van Jones show on Saturday and I was actually looking forward to talking about this in a way that is respectful and not being told that just because I’m a Republican I’m offending you. We are not going to move the needle one way or another just throwing out platitudes and hubris like that. And I would like to have a real conversation about that.

Joy: Oh really?

Meghan: I don’t know why you’re sitting here saying you’re offended by all Republicans. I’m just trying to give you my perspective.

And the bolded is that part that gets me.  Meghan doesn't want to have a "real conversation" at all.  she wants everyone else to shut up while she tells them what the republican party wants them to think.  she has never tried to have a discussion that is respectful.    Joy's "Oh really?"  is brilliant in that respect.  she sees that Meghan comes in ready to fight, and cannot listen to an opposing viewpoint, except to twist it around to distort the meaning.   Meghan saying that Joy and the others (and the audience)  were laughing at the ex-wife who had been abused was an example of a "gotcha". I bet Joy was having flashbacks of Bitsy Hasselbeck, because I know I was. 

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Platitudes and hubris? Yeah, those are two words I use everyday. 

I swear she has a script!

Oh I think she does.   She writes down phrases and sentences as she reads or listens to her people and uses them.  They often don't fit the conversation and that is the clue.   

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10

The two things I like most about watching The View: 

1)  the audience appreciates that the current administration is dangerous and deeply flawed, they applaud at all the right comments. 

2)  that the applause gets under Meghan's skin.  She often looks like she's trying not to cry in frustration.  ( though I do think she has brought one or two people with her some days.  there is a lone audience member who cheers for her.  Probably one of her many best friends) 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

just throwing out platitudes and hubris like that.

Da Fuck? How does one "throw out" hubris? I know one can HAVE hubris, which means "excessive pride or arrogance." Or is she saying people can "throw out excessive pride and arrogance." And again, I'm all:

giphy.gif

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I cannot wait to get home and watch this exchange!  Thanks for the transcription Cheesy!

You are in for a treat! 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I clearly have nothing better to do (I do, but...) so I transcribed what happened between Meghan and Joy if you can't see the video: (it was done quickly, so forgive me if there are some mistakes. I would suggest watching it just to see Sunny and Nancy's faces throughout the exchange. It was funny)

Joy: Reportedly Chief of Staff Jon Kelly tried to keep Omarosa from Donald, but now he maybe taking the fall for the Rob Porter domestic abuse scandal. Kelly says he was shocked, shocked I tell you, (audience laughs here) when he saw photographs of the abuse. (photograph shown)

Meghan: But we shouldn’t…

Joy: But the White House knew the FBI held up Porter’s security clearance over this. A long time ago, this happened. The FBI said he doesn’t have security clearance because he may have abused these women. But why is Kelly so shocked, shocked I tell you. (audience laughs) over this.

Meghan: But we shouldn’t make levy over this. We’re talking about the abuse of a woman. I mean look at that photo. We shouldn’t be laughing or-

Joy: We’re talking about Kelly; we’re not talking about abuse right now.

Nancy: One black eye (points at eye) and one alleged…(I can’t hear what she says here, because there’s crosstalk happening)

Joy: Don’t say something like that. (points to Meghan)

Meghan: We are laughing and making levy, it’s serious.

Joy: We are laughing at him being shocked.

Sunny: (tries to look at her cards, because she doesn’t want to sip tea like last time, while Nancy looks at Meghan with a serious look on her face)

Meghan: It’s not, it’s very serious. And as a Republican I am offended at th-

Joy: As a Democrat I’m offended by Republicans

Meghan: You know what (throws hands up while audience laughs, because this drama is fun to watch)

Sunny: Look ladies, let’s look at the topic at hand….(she goes into what the conversation was really about, which is how Kelly knew everything.)

Nancy: (talks about domestic abuse situations)

Sunny: (finishes her point)

Joy: You know Hope Hicks, one of Trump’s closest advisors, is now dating the guy.

Sunny: yea, and I know Meghan you were making the point yesterday that why didn’t the administration tell her about the allegations, so they almost allowed her to date a person abusive to women.

Meghan: I don’t think this should be political I don’t think it should be about Democrats or Republicans….(she talks about how this is a mess, but I don’t want to transcribe it all)  again, someone like this, I don’t think anyone should be working in the White House who doesn’t have the security clearance. The amount of national security secrets these people could be privy to..

Sunny: Jared Kushner doesn’t have his security clearance yet and he’s still with his temporary security clearance

Joy: How is he going to solve the Middle East crisis without it? I don’t know how he’s going to do it.

Sunny: Well we do have a statement

Meghan: But you’re offended by Republicans, so all Republicans.

Joy: I am

(Sunny trying to hide her smile here, but we can see it)

Meghan: Probably offended by me sitting here because I’m a Republican

Joy: I am offended by a party that backs a racist

Meghan: Oh my God

Audience Member: Oh come on!

Joy: Oh come on. Oh come on Meghan. 72% of the Republicans party thinks he’s a good role model.

Joy: Oh really?

Meghan: I don’t know why you’re sitting here saying you’re offended by all Republicans. I’m just trying to give you my perspective.

Joy: Because 72% of them are backing a racist and someone who has abused women.

Meghan: Do you know that my father was accused of being a racist?

Joy: Your father is not in the Republican party of today, darling.

Meghan: And Jeb Bush was accused.

Joy: Those people are not in today’s Republican party

Meghan: Well I look forward to having this conversation with Van on Saturday

Joy: Good

(audience claps)

Sunny completes the statement by Porter.

And it was ......BLOODY AWESOME!  Go Joy!  Its your birthday!  Hahahaha I was laughing thru the whole thing. FINALLY.  Though to give MM soooooooome credit, at least she didn't dissolve into a bucket of tears. So there's that....getting stronger...

• Love 10

hu·bris

ˈ(h)yo͞obrəs/

noun: hubris

excessive pride or self-confidence.

synonyms:   arrogance, conceit, haughtiness, hauteur, pride, self-importance, egotism, pomposity, superciliousness, superiority; 

antonyms:  humility

So in other words -  Meghan's middle name.  

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

Oh, I realize that.  I was only referring to the physical similarities, nothing more.  I've seen her referenced by that name here and perhaps I mistook the analogy. 

Oh no, you didn't. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that to come across like I was criticizing you (and it does, but I didn't want to; I was just using that post as my jumping off point). I've been thinking for a while that I'm not going to call her that anymore, because I think somewhere in her head, she'd get off on it, if she knew.

If I had the sense God gave a gnat, I would have waited until a time when no one was calling her that, and just brought it up in her dedicated thread. I'm sorry.

I just rewatched her exchange with Joy and I'm so mad at MM right now, I could spit. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

You mean Mr. Flip-Flop who said Trump's first "prepared" speech was "Presidential" (until he remembered what a snake he really is).

He was attacked and roasted for that. He later backtracked.. He was really despondent over the reaction that he got. He is very careful in choosing his words..

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Issa is leaving and not running for office come November. 

He's considering running in a different district whose current Republican incumbent is retiring.

Man, I was so cheering Joy on today in not letting poor little Meggy get the last word on the Rob Porter story.

And Ross Matthews is also one of Meggy's good friends, too?  One would think that if someone had gay friends, they would have a little understanding.  But nooooo.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Tammee said:

She says this EVERY time there is a clash. We KNOW that is what you are doing.  They/we don't agree with your perspective!  Remember that needle that no one can move?  

• Love 9

I think this exchange was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching it, but I think there's a bigger problem than Meghan not being able to have a conversation and instead actively listening to what people are saying. What Meghan is saying about how it's not a party issue and all that, is something that comes from a place of privileged. She never had to think about how her views may come across, because she was with like minded people. Now that she is outside of her comfort zone, she's getting attacked.

She reminds me of this story I heard of a Republican talking to a Muslim woman about how happy she was that she can speak about politics and not feel judged or attacked. Every Muslim who saw/read that rolled their eyes, because come on. I mean it's great that you can say what you want but then you have people like that actor making it seem like if you're a Muslim then you're not fit for this country. Meghan reminds me of this. She wants to speak about her party and not have anyone say anything back, even when her party is saying some really crazy stuff. You can condemn people without turning your back on your beliefs. Sunny shows that every day by being a conservative Christian who is a liberal.

If she doesn't want to grow, then she should learn to express herself better because in the exchange above she didn't say anything of substance. Just about how she feels and not about the actual topic....kind of like that actor guy who is running in California.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

I'm with you here. I have a difficult name to pronounce, especially since the spelling doesn't help you. But if someone can take the time to learn the spell names in Harry Potter, then they should take the time to learn my name. I do give some leeway if it's just too hard, but most people should be able to say my name. I have a whole sentence thing to explain the pronunciation to for it too.

I'm used to hearing my name mispronounced, and don't correct people unless I'm working with them. If you're a colleague, you need to know it. I got used to hearing something resembling my name, and realizing that's me.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CheezyXpressed said:

If she doesn't want to grow, then she should learn to express herself better because in the exchange above she didn't say anything of substance.

Yes, if Meghan had just stopped, and said  - let's make it clear that we're not laughing at this woman whose photo was shown, but just at the denials that anyone knew about the allegations - that would have gone a long way.   Joy made a joke, and the photo of the woman flashed briefly on the screen BEHIND Joy.  So, yeah, the laughter at Joy's joke could have been misconstrued as laughing at the woman who was abused. (not Joy's fault, and not the first time something like that happened)

But Meghan couldn't do that, because the joke was at the expense of what she calls "my party,"  so she wasn't going to tolerate it. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Now that she is outside of her comfort zone, she's getting attacked.

I'm sorry, I'm not jumping on you, but I feel it's important to point out, that she's not getting attacked. She ACTS like she is. She sees/perceives any kind of criticism against her Party, as a personal attack against herself.

21 minutes ago, backformore said:

hu·bris

ˈ(h)yo͞obrəs/

noun: hubris

excessive pride or self-confidence.

synonyms:   arrogance, conceit, haughtiness, hauteur, pride, self-importance, egotism, pomposity, superciliousness, superiority; 

21 minutes ago, backformore said:

So in other words -  Meghan's middle name.

Oh, without a doubt; but my question still remains: how does one..."throw that out?" It's a stupid and ignorant question, which she just threw out because she probably thought hubris was a "big" word and sounded "good," forgetting the fact that it had no place/made no sense in that sentence or point she was trying to make.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm sorry, I'm not jumping on you, but I feel it's important to point out, that she's not getting attacked. She ACTS like she is. She sees/perceives any kind of criticism against her Party, as a personal attack against herself.

I meant in her eyes, but thank you for clarifying. She's being challenged, but preceives it as an attack.

• Love 9

Oh man, I am going to watch this exchange right now.  I need something yummy because I can't find anything I want for lunch.  I would give anything if MM would just walk off the show and quit.  I HATE HER.  Great discussion today gals! ?

• Love 13

Does anyone else think that Whoopi is grooming Meghan to be the next View moderator? Meghan says let's change the topic and introduces people like she is moderating. Whoopi lets her get away with being an obnoxious panel member.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Meghan gets angry and ACTS like anyone who criticizes any Republican, as a personal attack against her. That's the difference. Attacking would be name calling and putting them down. I haven't seen that. What I have seen is the panel calling them out on the lies/hypocrisy/eunuch behavior. But Meghan sees that as Joy and to a lesser extent, Sunny, attacking her. Because she's the lone Republican on the panel and feels it's her job to teach everyone, and gets all twisted up because no one will "listen" to her and agree. Of course she never challenges Whoopi when Whoopi does the same.

ITA.  Joy kept stressing and emphasizing the 72% reps who approve of BigT.  MM couldn't figure thats ALL  Joy was talking about.  Nothing to do with the women.  MM was lumping herself in the 72%, thus she approves! Liar.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh man, I am going to watch this exchange right now.  I need something yummy because I can't find anything I want for lunch.  I would give anything if MM would just walk off the show and quit.  I HATE HER.  Great discussion today gals! ?

Oh MM topped "her own self" today with the snippy and instigating. It is a MUST SEE. Of course, that was prolly the point

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, nokat said:

Does anyone else think that Whoopi is grooming Meghan to be the next View moderator? Meghan says let's change the topic and introduces people like she is moderating. Whoopi lets her get away with being an obnoxious panel member.

No.  I don't see Meghan lasting long term.   MM's hubris* is at play here.  

* I crack myself up all the time 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, nokat said:

Does anyone else think that Whoopi is grooming Meghan to be the next View moderator?

No. She doesn't have the right temperament for it.

17 minutes ago, Wings said:

No.  I don't see Meghan lasting long term.   MM's hubris* is at play here.  

Then there's this! HEE! ?????????

• Love 7
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Oh no, you didn't. I'm sorry. I didn't mean that to come across like I was criticizing you (and it does, but I didn't want to; I was just using that post as my jumping off point). I've been thinking for a while that I'm not going to call her that anymore, because I think somewhere in her head, she'd get off on it, if she knew.

If I had the sense God gave a gnat, I would have waited until a time when no one was calling her that, and just brought it up in her dedicated thread. I'm sorry.

I just rewatched her exchange with Joy and I'm so mad at MM right now, I could spit. 

I've been mad at and about MM since the day she plunked her entitled ass on that stool at the table.  I DVR'd the show but haven't worked up the grit to watch it again.....although, once over my initial shock, thought it was a beautiful sight to behold this morning. ?

• Love 9

I think this is Fox behavior, but I don't want it on the View. I want to hear women talking about the daily news things, and a good debate is also good. Getting into a fight over party politics, when you complain about partisanship is not the way to go.

I usually hate when people say this type of thing, but team Joy.

Edited by nokat
I wanted to send some Joy appreciation.
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, nokat said:

I don’t see this happening, at all. I think maybe they want to keep her until her dad passes away.

Edited by lexytheblasian
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Sunny was talking about how Nancy first shortened her given name, Asunción, to Sunny

On a lighter note, I chuckled at the irony of someone with the name "Sunny" critiquing Kylie Jenner's choice of "Stormi" for her daughter's name.  (Dear God...did I just defend a Jenner/Kardashian??)

It really annoys me to see the attention that this Omarosa Big Brother blurb is getting on this and other shows, including news networks such as CNN and MSNBC.  Omarosa is nothing more than a slithering snake who will perform for whoever signs the checks.  This Big Brother crap is simply her way of earning a mightily unjustified big payout by keeping her relevance going long enough to win the prize.  Bitch really knows how to play her audience, and she's as phony as they come.  Amazingly, she's been laughing all the way to the bank for many years.

• Love 12

Thanks for all the posts about the blowup, everyone! Joy was not taking it, and I'm glad that she held firm against poor widdle Republican Meghan and her pathetic comments.

How did Nancy Grace get as far as she has? She is revulsive to me, and as a 'legal expert'' she stinks.

Is Joel McHale supposed to be funny?  That interview with him was terrible.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Tunia said:

On a lighter note, I chuckled at the irony of someone with the name "Sunny" critiquing Kylie Jenner's choice of "Stormi" for her daughter's name.  (Dear God...did I just defend a Jenner/Kardashian??)

But they're two different things:  Sunny is a nickname, derived from her legal first name Asuncion.  Stormi is that poor kid's actual legal first name.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Tunia said:

I think the reaction to the name "Stormi"  is that Stormy Daniels, the porn star, has been in the news so much lately, for the affair with the president (sorry, Sunny, ALLEGED affair!)

• Love 11
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I don't get why anyone seeks her out to appear on other shows. Why is she relevant?  She is nothing but John's daughter. 

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

But they're two different things:  Sunny is a nickname, derived from her legal first name Asuncion.  Stormi is that poor kid's actual legal first name.

Oooooooooo...don't take it so seriously!

A)  I said "on a lighter note" meaning that it was "a funny"; and

B)  I said Sunny was critiquing, not criticizing.

It was a post of levity.  :-)

• Love 5