Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

A Thing I Learned Tonight:  Coldplay is the new Carmen.  And the announcers are there for it.  Tara and Terry were both gushing over Coldplay at various points.

Go Shib Sibs!  That was a genuine pleasure to watch.

• Love 7

If that was the ShibSibs skating that program "inspired," I'd hate to see them do that program UNinspired. Am I the only one who found that boring? I thought the Italian program was more interesting.

Their twizzles are very pretty though.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, NUguy514 said:

Well, if a Russian woman has to win the ladies' competition, I'm Team Zag, even with the annoying backloading and Tanos galore.  She's a much more beautiful skater than Medvedeva, in my opinion anyway.

Medvedeva distracts me with her mouth constantly being open. She had the Linda Fratianne guppy look. I agree, too, that she is not as enjoyable to watch as the younger Russian.

• Love 7
Just now, BitterApple said:

I wonder if Nathan feels bad that the rest of his teammates pulled their weight while he bombed out. He seems kind of morose every time the camera cuts to him in the viewing area.

At least he wasn't the only guy to bomb out like that. I think they may have done something to the ice after the men got done with their programs because things haven't been that bad for other skaters since.

• Love 7

I thought the Shibutanis program was good, but from an artistic perspective I preferred the Not-Russians.  The Shibs looked great technically.  

Is anyone else bothered by the hair flapping over Maia's eyes from both sides throughout the program?  Can't she use bobby pins or hairspray to prevent that?  I haven't noticed hair in the eyes of anyone else.  

I haven't seen Virtue and Moir since Sochi.  They looked triumphantly amazing.   I'm pulling for them for the gold over the French team, who didn't even bother competing in team.

Thrilled for Canada!!!!!  First gold for Canada!

• Love 2

I hate the music V/M are using, I hate their continual attempts to recapture the Mahler magic, and I HATE whatever the hell Scott is wearing, BUT they skate with a speed the other four teams really can't match.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Snow Apple said:

No matter what happens in the individuals, I'm glad they got an Olympic medal, especially for Mirai, Adam, and the Shibs.

I was lukewarm regarding Adam after the Nationals, but he's won me over.

Yes. Mirai and Adam are longshots (to non-existant-shots) for individual medals so I am thrilled that they got this chance.

• Love 16

Anyone have trouble with the NBCOlympics stream?  It froze up on me as soon as the Shibs skated.  I tried switching to the non-enhanced version and all it did was repeat the Shibs waiting for their score.  I tried switching to the just figure skating feed and same issue.  I got it working again just in time to See Scott and Tessa leave the ice after skating.  Then it stopped again.  I switched over to Fubotv but their broadcast ended at 11pm.  I assume the whole thing will be on NBC's site tomorrow but this is annoying.  Having to sit through the Fifty Shades Freed trailer 5 times didn't help.  So do we get to see the medal ceremony?  

I think the medal ceremony may be broadcast here. http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure-skating-team-event-mens-free-skate-ladies-free-skate-ice-dance-free-dance-standard

14 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Nope.  They never have been, but that doesn't stop the crackpot shippers from insisting that they're secretly married and have at least two kids together!

How old are those kids now, anyway? They must be in what, second grade by now? Sniff. THEY GROW UP SO FAST.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Shaynaa said:

Anyone have trouble with the NBCOlympics stream?  It froze up on me as soon as the Shibs skated. 

Yep. I was trying to watch the slopestyle final while I was watching skating on NBC, and the livestream seemed to have crashed. I saw other people mentioning it on Twitter too. I blame the Russians, LOL.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Shaynaa said:

They mentioned medals will be awarded at a different time.  My schedule has a medal ceremony at 5am EST but doesn't say what sport.  Is that it?  Do they do them for multiple sports at once?

It looked like they were setting up the medal stands, as they cut away.

Okay, I just found Olympic Ice, and they said they are currently doing a flower ceremony, with the medals to come later.

Edited by gatopretoNYC
Updated info
  • Love 1