Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Honestly I think the DC shows would be much better if they were 12-13 episodes runs. Tighter storylines less filler. 

Idk, it still stems from writing and how they want to tell the story. Even Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage had its dragging moments, times, and episodes that were filler, even with 13 episodes. I guess you could argue that there might be less filler because of the shorter size or that perhaps comparatively there is less filler (x/13 compared to y/23), but part of me would still be concerned that its filler would still be evident or prevalent. Although. I guess 13 episodes would be much easier to produce and easier to make certain decisions when writing the season (choosing "now" to do things in the story rather than saving moments for later which has its pros and cons), if that's also kind of what you mean.

Moving over to a different topic though, it's funny, SA and DR at their panel were mentioning ideas for the next crossover and threw out ideas like the powered people losing their powers and people without powers gaining them and also the idea of Oliver secretly making plans against the powered people as he found out about them (like looking into kryptonite after finding out about Kara). The latter kind of made me wonder if they could ever do a Tower of Babel/Justice League: Doom (where Batman had contingency plans for the Justice League that got stolen from him and used against all of them) kind of story for their crossover. It's funny, because my friend wrote spec scripts for the next crossover with a similar premise (the groups found out that Oliver at one point had contingency plans for them, sparking their own kind of Civil War between them over whether he was right or wrong to have had them and ultimately leading them to fight their own weaknesses and defeat the big bad of the crossover), and it kind of felt weirdly self-satisfying for us for SA and DR thinking it could be a good idea, but I kind of wanted to throw it out here too and get opinions on whether it could work.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

All this talk of Tim Daly being superman is throwing me off!

He's supposed to be Henry McCord married to my other favourite female character Bess on Madam Secretary (my very reliable drama free ship!)! 

He's kind of a Superman on that show as well, wouldn't you say?  Perfect husband/father/professor/kindaspy

8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

6 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I KNEW the Music Meister would be the villain for the musical! Remember, I said I'd be shocked if it wasn't him!

Sometimes things are obvious for a reason. If they insisted on doing a musical, it only makes sense for it to be because of him.

I'm pleased it's going to be the Music Meister since it makes the most sense but from the way they were talking about the episode last fall I was worried they'd decided to go in a much less campy direction.  The Music Meister episode of The Brave and the Bold was just excellent.  Of course now I'm going to be bummed if/when they don't get Neil Patrick Harris to play the Music Meister.  

Since J’onn is no longer turning into a White Martian, what’s next for him on Supergirl? — Lyle
After his near-transformation, J’onn will have a new lease on life, particularly when it comes to Miss Martian. “His relationship with M’gann is an important one over this next batch of episodes,” EP Andrew Kreisberg tells me. “There is some really great stuff for David [Harewood] and Sharon [Leal] that we are really excited about. We love Sharon’s performance and we love seeing David and Sharon together, it’s some of our favorite stuff this season. We’ve been really lucky with our romantic pairings this season and we really think that J’onn and M’gann have a great storyline coming up.”

Ugh.  I really, really am trying but Stephen Amell's Nope Face hits me every time I hear about this.  

• Love 1

Apparently Mark Pedowitz (The CW President) received applause when he entered for his executive session at the TCAs because the broadcast networks all declined to have executive sessions this year (Fox added an executive session at the last minute due to complaints). Also, you can go to article link to read additional news about The CW's non-superhero shows...

TCA 2017: CW DAY REVEALS SUPERGIRL-FLASH MUSICAL VILLAIN, COVERS CHARMED, DYNASTY REBOOTS AND MORE
by Fred Topel | January 8, 2017 |
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/tca-2017-cw-day-supergirl-flash-musical-villain-covers-charmed-dynasty-reboots-and-more/

VILLAIN FOR SUPERGIRL-FLASH MUSICAL CROSSOVER CONFIRMED
Greg Berlanti confirmed the longstanding rumor that The Music Meister would be the villain in the Supergirl-The Flash musical crossover episode. Neil Patrick Harris voiced Music Meister in animated series, but Berlanti said they were not out to casting, so could not decide on Harris or a new actor. Berlanti and producer Sarah Schechter said they are finishing the script this weekend and songs have not been decided yet. Andrew Kreisberg added that the music would be intrinsic to the ongoing stories, with both Barry and Kara a pivotal crossroads in the two-part episode. Kreisberg also confirmed Parasite and Livewire returning this season.

CONSTANTINE IS BACK ON CW SEED
The CW announced a new DC animated series on CW Seed. Constantine brings back Matt Ryan as the voice of John Constantine. Berlanti’s DC team and David S. Goyer, who created the live-action NBC series Constantine, are producing five or six 10-minute episodes to premiere in the 2017-18 season. Later, Berlanti added that that he’d just been told about Constantine on Friday so had not thought about other characters from the NBC series returning. Pedowitz also said he’s open to having Ryan reappear on other DC shows, as he did for an episode of Arrow.
CW RENEWS CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND, JANE THE VIRGIN, SUPERNATURAL, AND ALL FOUR DC SHOWS
Paul Hewitt, EVP of Communications for the CW, began the day by announcing early renewals for Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, Supernatural, Jane the Virgin, and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Pedowitz said he’d keep renewing Supernatural “as long as the boys want to do it.” Keep up with renewals and cancellations on our list of renewed and canceled series.
THE FLASH ANNOUNCES GRODD RETURN
The Flash producer Andrew Kreisberg announced Gorilla Grodd would return in a two-parter for episodes 13 and 14, which would take place in Gorilla City and Earth-1. He also announced Keith David as the voice of Solovar, another sentient gorilla.

BLACK FLASH COMING TO MULTIPLE DC SHOWS
Andrew Kreisberg said that Black Flash would appear on multiple DC shows, fulfilling his Grim Reaper function from the comic books. He didn’t rule out actor Teddy Sears returning, but acknowledged Sears is busy on 24: Legacy.

SUPERGIRL IMAGINED ALEX COMING OUT LAST YEAR
Greg Berlanti said Alex Danvers’ coming out story was first proposed last season, but he felt they’d have more time to do it justice this season. Already, fans have shared emotional stories of how it impacted them. One comic shop retailer shared the story of a fan who was suicidal until seeing Supergirl. Berlanti related to her. “I wish that I’d had some of these kinds of things when I was a kid,” he said. “It’s nice to be a part of that, so I wish her the best.”
BLACK LIGHTNING CHARACTERS WON’T CROSSOVER TO ARROWVERSE
Greg Berlanti is producing the Black Lightning series for Fox. He said those characters would probably not crossover onto the CW Arrowverse shows. “If we’re lucky enough that that show exists, I don’t think those worlds would cross over,” Berlanti said.
SMALL HOPE FOR TYLER HOECHLIN SUPERMAN SPIN-OFF
Greg Berlanti said he hopes to have Tyler Hoechlin return for more episodes of Supergirl as Kara’s cousin Kal-El/Superman. Getting DC to allow Superman to appear on the show was already a big hurdle, but Berlanti hasn’t ruled out a Superman show. “In success I think all those things are possible,” Berlanti said. “I’m always the guy who says yes if there seems to be an appetite for it, and the people involved are really nice.”

CW’s Mark Pedowitz Talks ‘Supergirl,’ ‘Riverdale’ and Critical Acclaim
Maureen Ryan  JANUARY 8, 2017 | 10:42AM PT
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cw-president-supergirl-crazy-ex-girlfriend-renewal-1201955096/

... “Constantine” will be returning as an animated show for CW Seed. Matt Ryan, who played the character on NBC’s short-lived live-action version of the show, will voice John Constantine, though there are no plans to have him appear on any CW shows.

Supergirl,” which moved to the CW last fall, has received a great deal of acclaim for how it has introduced the romance of two female characters, and Pedowitz applauded the handling of that relationship.

“I think they’re doing a great job. Maggie in the DC lore is a gay character,” he said, adding that he supported the “Supergirl” executive producers “going even further” in making her storyline and Alex’s coming-out more prominent on the show, which aired on CBS in its debut season.

As one TV writer noted, there were an inordinate number of lesbian characters who died on TV in 2016, especially in light of their limited representation on TV, and the death of a gay woman on “The 100” was the subject of a particularly fierce outcry.

“You think?” Pedowitz said. Asked whether the “Supergirl” producers were bearing those factors in mind, Pedowitz deferred to the executive producers of that show and said that he supported their vision for the superhero drama’s characters.

“As far as I’m concerned, [death] is a plot device,” Pedowitz said. “Characters on ‘The 100’ do live or die. It’s an apocalyptic take. I’m impressed by the fan reaction to that whole thing. That said, it was a plot point, and we support our executive producer on it.”

Edited by tv echo
52 minutes ago, tv echo said:

“If we’re lucky enough that that show exists, I don’t think those worlds would cross over,” Berlanti said.

Obviously. This show is on the rival network.

53 minutes ago, tv echo said:

SMALL HOPE FOR TYLER HOECHLIN SUPERMAN SPIN-OFF

Berlanti is all for it but Pedowitz said they had no plans ever. I would prefer they make a limited series of 8 episodes. I think it'd be great.

7 minutes ago, Lily-n11 said:
Heroes & Aliens at Paley = 4 DCTV shows

I've got only one comment: BOOOO!

So it's the crossover plus a few from Supergirl.

SA/EBR/DR - They will not exclude EBR her media line at Paleyfest 2015 was almost as long as SAs

GG/Carlos and maybe DP

CL/BR/VG and maybe Franz

MB and I don't know Jimmy and Alex?

EPs - GB, AJK, MG, WM and maybe Phil Klamer.

• Love 2

Isn't Paley for the fans, as opposed to the TCA's which are reporters trying to get info on what's coming up in the shows?  In that case, they'll want to have the actors there rather than just the leads and a bunch of EPs.  I know MG and AJK have the power on their shows but I wouldn't be interested in listening to just them.

Ugh.  I really, really am trying but Stephen Amell's Nope Face hits me every time I hear about this.  

I don't mind J'onn and M'gann.  It's Mon El/Kara that I Nope because so far it hasn't missed a single beat from any o f the cliches.  And also because they're like a couple of 12 years old and anything more than holding hands should be against the law.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Isn't Paley for the fans, as opposed to the TCA's which are reporters trying to get info on what's coming up in the shows?  In that case, they'll want to have the actors there rather than just the leads and a bunch of EPs.  I know MG and AJK have the power on their shows but I wouldn't be interested in listening to just them.

Yep, Paley Fest is open to the public. I just got an e-mail today that tickets are on sale for Paley members (they'll be available for everyone in a week or two.) I'm not a member but have been to a few panels in the past. I'm trying to decide if I should go to the Flarrowverse panel. It's listed as one panel. I can't remember if the one a few years ago was also listed as one? Anyone know if they had one start time and then each show had an hour or so? 

5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So it's the crossover plus a few from Supergirl.

SA/EBR/DR - They will not exclude EBR her media line at Paleyfest 2015 was almost as long as SAs

GG/Carlos and maybe DP

CL/BR/VG and maybe Franz

MB and I don't know Jimmy and Alex?

EPs - GB, AJK, MG, WM and maybe Phil Klamer.

Don't they usually use those panels to push their show's agendas?  So I would expect a bunch of the new characters that they want to be loved would make the journey.  So from Arrow I'd expect (apart from SA of course) Wild Dog and names rhymes with Gina to be there.  Anyone else will probably be who is available and willing to come.  Unless it's too crowded and then only DR will get added to the list.  EBR I really want to be pleasantly surprised over but I won't hold my breath.   

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't mind J'onn and M'gann.  It's Mon El/Kara that I Nope because so far it hasn't missed a single beat from any o f the cliches.  And also because they're like a couple of 12 years old and anything more than holding hands should be against the law.

My problem really has nothing to do with what they've shown on the show for J'onn and M'gann.  It's what I know from Young Justice.  I can't get past the incestuous vibe even if it was always honorary.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

My problem really has nothing to do with what they've shown on the show for J'onn and M'gann.  It's what I know from Young Justice.  I can't get past the incestuous vibe even if it was always honorary.  

This is me. I can't accept J'onn and M'gann as a couple because of the uncle/niece relationship from Young Justice.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Don't they usually use those panels to push their show's agendas?  

No, it's a lot like panels at cons, except more formal, with a moderator asking questions 2/3 of the time and audience Q&A for he last 1/3. Paleyfest is essentially a fan event, not like TCAs for the media or Upfronts for advertisers. You can watch the one in 2015 here.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Don't they usually use those panels to push their show's agendas?  So I would expect a bunch of the new characters that they want to be loved would make the journey.  So from Arrow I'd expect (apart from SA of course) Wild Dog and names rhymes with Gina to be there.  Anyone else will probably be who is available and willing to come.  Unless it's too crowded and then only DR will get added to the list.  EBR I really want to be pleasantly surprised over but I won't hold my breath.   

They don't invite recurring guest stars to Paley. Neither Wild Dog, Tina or Susan are regulars. Paley is not TCA 2015 when they were pushing for a spin-off with Ray Palmer and the BC arc. 

I would even say that the focus will be on Arrow, Flash and Supergirl because LOT will be close to airing their season finale. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2

I guess to me, Supergirl!J'onn and Supergirl!M'gann are completely different characters in my mind from their YJ counterparts.  I mean, I know they're technically the same characters, but I don't really think of them that way.  So it really isn't an issue for me.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

It seems very crowded but I don't imagine the Arrow fans will be happy with just SA, wild Dog and name rhymes with Gina.  DR and EBR are both fan favorites, as well as the other parts of OTA.

The DC panel is on March 18th.  They will have aired 5x15? 5x16? by then.  Maybe they will have a better sense of how the audience is reacting to the push for the newbies.

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

They don't invite recurring guest stars to Paley. Neither Wild Dog, Tina or Susan are regulars. Paley is not TCA 2015 when they were pushing for a spin-off with Ray Palmer and the BC arc. 

IIRC, EBR wasn't at the 2013 Paley panel, was she?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

They don't invite recurring guest stars to Paley.

That's a good point. EBR was not invited to the Arrow Paleyfest panel in 2013 even though she played a pretty significant role in the aired episodes by then (March, so after 1x14, at least).

Edited by lemotomato
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I think this is what I'm getting mixed up on.  So in that case I'll try for more optimism.  :)

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

I guess to me, Supergirl!J'onn and Supergirl!M'gann are completely different characters in my mind from their YJ counterparts.  I mean, I know they're technically the same characters, but I don't really think of them that way.  So it really isn't an issue for me.

Normally I can separate the characters from other versions.  I mean, I've had a lot of practice with Smallville and the Flarrrowverse and the rest of the DC nation, but for some reason, I can't seem to let go of the ick factor with this one.    

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think this is what I'm getting mixed up on.  So in that case I'll try for more optimism.  :)

6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

They didnt even invite Brandon Routh to Paley in 2015. 

And EBR was already made series regular when Paley 2013 was taking place.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Apparently rumor has it that Ian Somerholder is set to join one of the DC shows next season. Wouldn't surprise me that CW would want to hold onto him.

Where'd you hear that?

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Apparently rumor has it that Ian Somerholder is set to join one of the DC shows next season. Wouldn't surprise me that CW would want to hold onto him.

Not surprised. I'd expect an announcement to come semi-soon after TVD's finale if possible. 

And leading a new show makes more sense. Good way to try to make sure it succeeds - try to bring in his fan base. 

Is Ian Somerholder considered playing the dad in the show? I thought CBS studios was getting to produce a comic adaption pilot for next season. That has more chance of being picked up than another DCTV show. 

Edited by Velocity23

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Arrow, Criminal Minds, Code Black, Legends, Once, Timeless, S.H.I.E.L.D. and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 9 2017, 10:27 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2017/01/09/arrow-season-5-spoilers-felicity-darker/

Can you give Arrow fans any hint on who “the people a bit tied to Felicity’s past” are? —Jenny
I know many of you were speculating that Felicity’s sketchy father, The Calculator, might be an ally in her own anti-Prometheus agenda, but co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim nixed that notion. “I would definitely love to bring him back, and I would love to bring Charlotte Ross back as Donna, but [we were like], ‘Let’s tell a new story, something we haven’t done before.'” Beyond that, he would not elaborate, except to say, “As with all things related to Arrow, it’s not what you initially think it is, and it will ultimately relate to the season’s overall theme of ‘legacy.’ But it will be very specific to Felicity.” As for those who are concerned that Felicity’s “darker” direction was triggered by a guy she could barely call her boyfriend, Guggenheim affirms it was in fact born of “a bunch of stuff” — including the Havenrock tragedy, which will be addressed directly in Episode 11 — “and Billy was the final straw. It’s also the sum of the fact that Felicity has been living in this darker world for the last four-plus years now…. How has that affected her way of thinking about things?”
Can I get some scoop on the Supergirl/Flash musical? —Jenna
Above and beyond what we reported on Sunday, EP Andrew Kreisberg said that the two-parter — which starts on Supergirl — will not feel like a standalone for either show. “What I always loved about what Joss Whedon would do with [Buffy’s] ‘Hush’ or ‘The Body’ is he’d have these very special episodes, but they were intrinsic to the ongoing storytelling. So when we get to the musical episodes,” Kreisberg previewed, “both Barry and Kara will find themselves at pivotal crossroads on their respective series, and the experience of going through the musical will have a great impact on both series moving forward.”
Do you have any scoop for Legends of Tomorrow? —Liz
EP Marc Guggenheim says, “The second half of the season [starting Tuesday, Jan. 24] is really paying off the Legion of Doom and what we now know is the MacGuffin of Season 2, the Spear of Destiny.” Elaborating on the reality-altering DC Comics-based gizmo, he said, “Changing time is like painting with the biggest paintbrush possible; using the Spear of Destiny is like using a very, very fine-point technical pen.” Ergo the Legion turning Rip into an American (!) movie director in the year 1967. “Arthur [Darvill] has so embraced this version of Rip,” shares the EP. “He’s obviously doing an accent, but he’s also doing a whole different performance.”

• Love 1

This article was retweeted by MG...

How DC’s Legends of Tomorrow teaches viewers how to be a feminist ally
Tricia Ennis  Tue, Jan 03, 2017 6:49pm
http://www.blastr.com/2017-1-3/how-dcs-legends-tomorrow-teaches-viewers-how-be-feminist-ally

Now in its second season, Legends of Tomorrow has also become a veritable instruction manual for becoming a good feminist ally.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. “But Supergirl is actually ABOUT being a powerful woman. What about all those Cat Grant speeches? What’s more feminist than that?”
I know, I know, but hear me out. Supergirl has, well, Supergirl, as well as a host of other powerful women owning that power and living their lives on their own terms. Supergirl inspires young girls to stand up for themselves in a world that looks down on them, but Legends adds another important element to the equation: inspiring boys to stand behind their female friends as an ally in the fight against the patriarchy. What’s more, the show spent a surprising amount of time at the beginning of its second season demonstrating exactly how to do it.

Article's bullet points:
"Lesson one: Give credit when it’s due"
"Lesson two: Elevate women to positions of power"
"Lesson three: Listen and support"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

If Ian Somerhalder is going to join a DC show, he's going to be pretty busy.  He just got a green light from The CW for a new show, Transience, that he's producing...

Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Producing ‘Transience’ Drama Project For the CW
by Nellie Andreeva •  December 9, 2016 5:11pm
http://deadline.com/2016/12/the-cw-buys-transience-drama-writer-thomas-brandon-1201867933/

Even as The Vampire Diaries is coming to an end, co-lead Ian Somerhalder will stay in business with the CW as a producer. The network has put in development Transience, an hourlong drama from Somerhalder and Nikki Reed’s recently launched Rare Birds Productions. Warner Bros. TV, where Rare Birds has a pod deal, is the studio.

In Transience, written by Thomas Brandon, when consciousness transfers become legal in the near future, an ambitious young musician finally gets the kind of body and life that he wants. But the procedure has side effects, sending him down a dark rabbit hole where identity, memory and the past start to violently collide. Somerhalder and Reed executive produce, Brandon will serve as supervising producer. Tracy Ryerson of Rare Birds will oversee the project.

Edited by tv echo

How DC’s Legends of Tomorrow teaches viewers how to be a feminist ally

That was a nice article, but LoT still needs to work on their female friendships. Supergirl is the only CWDC show that has any. 

• Love 8

DC Films Co-Head Geoff Johns Excited for The Rock's Involvement
Lucas Siegel   Jan. 12, 2017
http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/01/12/dc-films-co-head-geoff-johns-excited-for-the-rocks-involvement/

Yesterday, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had a meeting with DC Films, which he called a "very cool and strategic meeting about their entire universe." Well, that meeting was with the heads of DC Films, and that of course includes Geoff Johns. The co-head of DC Films tweeted out last night, "One of my favorite meetings ever..." along with a lightning bolt and tagging The Rock and Black Adam, the character the larger-than life actor is signed on to play.
Then he became CCO of DC Entertainment, and started working more directly with video game designers, TV producers, and film producers to bring these characters he loved into other mediums. That dovetailed into more TV work, specifically producing and writing, helping develop the Arrow universe (especially The Flash, a character that remains near and dear to him). Once again Johns had great success, helping alongside creative minds like Greg Berlanti and many others, to build an entire universe on television of DC characters that culminated this fall in a four-night event. When it came time to course correct the DC Films group and get them under a more unified creative vision, naturally, they called Johns. He was also promoted to President of DC Entertainment (a title also held by Diane Nelson, for the record), and having successfully renewing the lives of individual characters in DC Comics, personally wrote the DC Comics Rebirth, bringing the whole universe into a new era.
"The compass of hope and optimism is in DC Comics' DNA, and it's important to get those [back] out there," Johns told Comicbook.com. As for Legacy, it's about "moving forward" and allowing "things to evolve."

It sounds like he's still preaching that, as The Rock's post included those same words, when he said, "Something we, as DC fans have all been waiting for for a long time. Hope, optimism, & FUN."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

Since the article says they probably can't get NPH, my choice is Jonathan Groff. He's a fantastic singer, and I will always have a soft spot for Jesse St. James.

I really loved Jesse St. James. The show screwed him over -_-

God I hate Glee. 

But now that Hamilton has blown up - I doubt Jonathan would considering doing The Flash... I'm sure he's busy.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Warner Bros and DC are moving aggressively on a new screen version of Green Lantern. They’ve set David Goyer to write the script with Justin Rhodes for Green Lantern Corps, with Goyer producing and with DC heads Geoff Johns and Jon Berg exec producing. The new version is described as Lethal Weapon in space, and it’s based on a comic book origin story. The focus will be on two characters: Hal Jordan and John Stewart. The latter is an African American Marine sniper before he joined the Lantern Corps and the story very much focuses on his relationship with Jordan and the Corps. The story was conceived by Goyer and Johns.

It’s unclear whether the studio would reengage with Ryan Reynolds, who starred in the disappointing first film and is soaring with Deadpool and working on its sequel. They will get a script and move quickly to get a director, so this project now has a beating heart.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lokiberry said:

Since the article says they probably can't get NPH, my choice is Jonathan Groff. He's a fantastic singer, and I will always have a soft spot for Jesse St. James.

I don't think they have the ability to get Jonathan Groff. His star and price point has gone up since his time on Glee. I also think he only did Glee because of his friendship & professional relationship with Lea Michele and Ryan Murphy. Although he would be great.

I would love to see Aaron Tveit actually do it, because his vocals are on point and I do enjoy his acting. He also is probably within their price point and perhaps looking to get attached to something. Also he has worked with CBS before, so perhaps the CW can use their CBS connections.

• Love 2

Personification of a city (once again)...

The Defenders: Jeph Loeb on whether the show will connect to Marvel's films
SHIRLEY LI  JANUARY 13, 2017 AT 10:03AM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/13/defenders-marvel-cinematic-universe-crossover-jeph-loeb/

Marvel’s The Defenders will make that happen with its four street-level heroes in New York City, but the team-up of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist does add another series for fans to binge. Yet the Marvel machine doesn’t worry about superhero fatigue — even with the addition of The Punisher, starring Jon Bernthal, to the Marvel-Netflix lineup. “I don’t know that you’d be asking this question if we were a medical show or a law show or a cop show,” Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb explains. “I think the other part that separates us from, let’s just say, our distinguished competition” — obliquely referencing DC shows like Arrow and The Flash that populate The CW — “is that we take place in a very real, grounded world. We’ve always said that there is a fifth Defender, and that is New York.”

Edited by tv echo

I think I've figured out Berlanti's theme for the shows this year: Sidekicks and New Love (interests).

Even though the Flash and Supergirl have had teams from the start, now there's Wally, Jesse, and Vibe(to a lesser extent) suiting up; then there's Guardian and Mon-El; and Arrow's Bunker of Heroes.

Now the entire West family has love interests this season (and maybe Caitlin?); Oliver and Felicity have been seeing new people; and the Danvers Sisters have new relationships too.

I'd add in crossovers as a theme, but that's not really new. Although, I find it interesting that characters from The Flash and Arrow are having their own arc on Legends.

• Love 2

I kind of dislike that there's such an obvious consistent thread across all four shows -- it feels like I'm watching the same thing over and over again. Maybe that's because I wasn't much interested in either of those as major concepts to begin with.

• Love 10