Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I've finally got around to watching LoT season 2, I'm on episode 5 (i think?) ATM, and it's basically the same as last season, minus horrible Vandal Savage and the Hawks (replaced by a pretty annoying Nate, however). Otherwise, not much improvement, and I kinda feel like Sara doesn't get enough screen time for her issues, it's all her being a captain, which is cool, but something's missing. Her relationships with Cold and Rip were pretty developed, and she just doesn't click with any other character the same way. Maybe with Mick, but there aren't enough scenes with just them. I do like Amaya a lot, and I like Mick/Amaya, could be a cool pairing (not necessarily romantic, mind you - hard to imagine Mick in love with anyone).

4 hours ago, FurryFury said:

I do like Amaya a lot, and I like Mick/Amaya, could be a cool pairing (not necessarily romantic, mind you - hard to imagine Mick in love with anyone).

Same, which is why I was really disappointed with one of the new promos for LoT that showed Amaya with...Nate.

Nate is their blind spot.  Or their Wild Dong, although Nate is at least more tolerable because he's intelligent and doesn't think he's the best one on the team.  A character the writers think far more highly of than the audience does.

• Love 10

Oh my God. Oh my God! Eddie! When? Where? How? Is this somehow connected to Savitar after all? It can't be Flashpoint - we've no indication that Eddie didn't die as in the original timeline, the last surprise husk body notwithstanding - so did a future-Barry defeated Savitar come across Eddie in the speedforce (or wherever the deceased Eddie and all those cobalt panels disappeared to after being sucked up by the singularity)? Gripes with future Barry aside, is Eddie the reason he seems to know so much about them? We already have a big bad for the season, but is this return going to be a tease for next year? Will season 4 actually give us Cobalt Blue? I need answers! I already can't take this, show! :cues s****** flailing:

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Cleanqueen said:

I actually like Nate when hes away from Ray, I do think he has chemistry with a lot of the cast mates. I am interested to see him and Amaya as I thought her and Mick were an odd pair.

I don't mind Mick and Amaya so much - I just wasn't crazy about the "taming the beast" angle that they seemed like they might be be going with at one point.  But as friends they're fine.  

Nate and Ray are both better away from each other.  Both play better off characters different from them, particularly Ray, which is why (I finally realized) Raylicity never did anything for me.  I couldn't figure out why I liked Barricity but not Raylicity, but it's Ray.  Ray just works better for me as a character when he's playing off an opposite character type, like Oliver or Mick or Snart.  

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Well I will certainly watch that episode. I love Eddie, what a waste of a great character.

Yeah I think I will probably watch that episode too, and the Gorilla Grodd two-parter.  I'm very curious about that one.

• Love 3

The one issue I've had with Grodd is that he wasn't already an uber intelligent speaking gorilla, like he is in the comics and the way he was portrayed in The Justice League/Justice League Unlimited. Instead we got a gorilla who had been experimented on and thus slowly became more human-intelligent, if that makes sense.

As for the return of Eddie? I'm conflicted. I hope it's not to create a "triangle."

I really liked Eddie, so I'm happy to see him again - but I do worry about how they're bringing him back. I think that's the problem with Flashpoint/other Earths/etc. It's getting to the point where if someone dies, I feel like if they really want to, they can reverse it/just bring in another version of the character.

• Love 1
Just now, Chaser said:

How are they bringing Eddie back? Flashback or Flashpoint or E2?

All we know is that Cosnett is coming back- his instagram post above didn't provide any details and I haven't seen anything from the the show about his return.?

Avengers: Infinity War will be filmed in Edinburgh and Glasgow

The third movie in the Marvel Avengers series, Avengers: Infinity War, will be filmed in Edinburgh, Glasgow and the Highlands. 

Filming for the £400 million superhero comic-book blockbuster will start on February 28th, and is expected to last for six months – boosting Scotland’s economy by £10 million.  

I thought this part was interesting:

Liv Tyler, of Lord of the Rings fame, is rumoured to returning as Betty Ross, who she hasn’t played since the Incredible Hulk....

I suspect I'm in a tiny minority here, but I hope this is true.  I really liked Betty in the movies (both versions) and I have to admit that Bruce/Betty is a bit of an OTP for me.  I'd like to see it make a comeback.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I have a feeling Eddie will just be a hallucination from Savitar or something. I think Robbie Amell will be the same thing.

Ooh, that's interesting. Even after Dante and Julians younger sister, I hadn't considered that the coming return of Ronnie, and now Eddie, could be the same thing. It would make alot of sense. Considering that both men disappeared into the singularity I'm still going to keep my options open - but since it does still seem a tad too early to start "real" Eddie's story, whose hallucination do you think he might be? I know the obvious answer is Iris, but imagine if he was Barry's? It would be a nightmare for him in ways it wouldn't be for her; I'd be interested to see where they went with it, if they decided to go that route. 

Hallucination is probably the most likely option, it's true. (But boooooring! Lol.) I'd love it if it wasn't, since, as @Karlophe says, both disappeared into the singularity.  I'd love a more interesting option.  

Edited by Starfish35
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Hallucination is probably the most likely option, it's true. (But boooooring! Lol.) I'd love it if it wasn't, since, as @Karlophe says, both disappeared into the singularity.  I'd love a more interesting option.  

Yeah but Eddie was dead when the singularity swallowed him, or rather, his body, up.

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah but Eddie was dead when the singularity swallowed him, or rather, his body, up.

Details details..... :)

Maybe he was only mostly dead. Lol.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6

Oh, I don't know. I mean, our Eddie clearly did die (Wellsobard wouldn't have so hilariously disintegrated otherwise), but much like a slightly younger Reverse Flash still managing afterwards to pop out into our timeline because speedforce! and assorted wimey-timey wibbly wobbles, dead Eddie has just as much chance and twice the plot hatches to make a similar return (I kid, but not really). Also, while the show could easily have made Eddie a paper thin villain, they instead made a point of having Eddie being a good and decent man for his entire run, become friends with the main character (as far as Barry would allow it, but I think he started to care about Eddie despite himself) despite standing in the way of what he wanted the most, and finally die a hero. If they do the Eddie storyline one day, I think what will end up happening is that the Eddie that left won't (through whatever means or explanations) quite be the one who comes back - all the angst, without tarnishing "good" Eddie's memory. Then they can shoot off Cobalt Blue in earnest. 

Of course all of this may just be coming from my taking any chance that will give me back Rick Cosnetts' beautiful voice every week, so I can't pretend to be unbiased. 

:is shameless:

• Love 1

Avengers is costing $400 million Pounds! That's like what almost $500-600 million right? Geez

Cadly Mack is writing for Flash yeah...

It does explain her Barry and Iris are the best couple forever comments on Twitter last year. 

She really comes across like a fame whore/celebrity hanger on-er to me.

Do you all think there's a real chance they might actually do Cobalt Blue with Eddie? 

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think that's a rumor, it's more likely that it's $500 for both films. 

Are they still filming both at the same time?

Never mind, it appears that yes they are.  So yes, I agree.  The cost, and time, is for both films.

Edited by Starfish35
7 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Well I will certainly watch that episode. I love Eddie, what a waste of a great character.

Any villain that he might end up becoming?  I think they are running short on the evil speedsters.  

I only half kid but really I would love Eddie back as just Eddie.  

• Love 1

I don't understand how anyone could be a fan of Eddie. That character was a bland cardboard cutout with no personality who only existed to be a human barrier between Barry and Iris. He might as well have been a non-human barrier, lol.

Seriously, there was nothing there. From the first episode he might as well have been wearing a sign that says "I exist to keep Barry and Iris apart and that's all you need to know about me."

I knew he was dead from the pilot. I actually couldn't believe they kept them together for 23 episodes.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Any villain that he might end up becoming?  I think they are running short on the evil speedsters. 

I believe Cobalt Blue is the common fan theory.  And he did have that glowy blue thing on him when his body was pulled into the singularity.   But I'm not sure if there's ever been any official indications, hints or whatever, that they might actually go that way.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I believe Cobalt Blue is the common fan theory.  And he did have that glowy blue thing on him when his body was pulled into the singularity.   But I'm not sure if there's ever been any official indications, hints or whatever, that they might actually go that way.  

Lol, with a name like Colbalt Blue, I assumed people were talking about a hero. 

42 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

I don't understand how anyone could be a fan of Eddie. That character was a bland cardboard cutout with no personality who only existed to be a human barrier between Barry and Iris. He might as well have been a non-human barrier, lol.

Seriously, there was nothing there. From the first episode he might as well have been wearing a sign that says "I exist to keep Barry and Iris apart and that's all you need to know about me."

I knew he was dead from the pilot. I actually couldn't believe they kept them together for 23 episodes.

He was just there in the beginning but there was an episode where Barry worked out with him and suddenly I adored him.  He was charming and sweet and seemed like the only one that really cared about Iris as an individual and not a damsel.  I also found myself rooting for their love story.  Screw destiny!  Only  sadly, he died to save them all which made him the real hero and pretty much put him on the same level as Tommy IMO.  Except Iris was actually faithful and nice to him.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 19
20 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

It was very easy to be a fan of Eddie. He at least had chemistry with Iris, unlike Barry.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Easy. He was a decent human being, he treated Iris well, and was the anthesis to Barry - who is stupid and selfish and immature. 

Eddie was my most favorite character on that show. He was:

• A bit of a doof
  • Funny
  • Kinda awkward
  • Treated Iris as an equal and was the ONLY one who was for telling Iris the truth about Barry because he knew she could handle herself
  • He was a good person who sacrificed himself for the greater good
  • Genuine
  • Easy to get along with
  • Trustworthy/trusting

What was it Iris told Eddie? Screw destiny? God I really loved them as a couple. :') 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 18

He had good chemistry with the actress who plays Iris too.

I really like the two actors who play Barry and Iris but they are kind of meh for me as a couple. I don't dislike them together, just indifferent. Which I suppose is a good thing since I don't get my knickers in a knot when I watch the Flash and genuinely (and calmly) enjoy the show.

• Love 3