Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Yep, both Flash actresses excluded. Although maybe it's because neither can sing, but that probably means they'll barely be in the ep.

This is not a two-part crossover, it's just a Flash musical episode with Supergirl characters appearing in it.

• Love 3

Tom Cruise, Joel McHale, Bradley Cooper, Ryan Reynolds, Armie Hammer, and Jake Gyllenhaal are on the shortlist of actors DC Entertainment is considering pursuing for the role of Hal Jordan in “Green Lantern Corps,” multiple people with knowledge of the project exclusively tell TheWrap.

The casting process is still in the very early stages, and there are no talks with any of the actors as of yet. DC is considering whether Reynolds, who played Jordan in the 2011 film “Green Lantern,” should return to the role, an insider told TheWrap. His superhero stock soared last year when he starred in “Deadpool.”

37 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Yep, both Flash actresses excluded. Although maybe it's because neither can sing, but that probably means they'll barely be in the ep.

This is not a two-part crossover, it's just a Flash musical episode with Supergirl characters appearing in it.

I hope that they are featured in it and are merely being left out of the article because they are not singing. And if they can't sing well, I can understand why they would prefer not to be highlighted in an episode that's a musical.

When I read it, it seemed like they listed names to make sure that we knew which SG characters would cross over and which Flarrowverse actors would make an appearance like JB & VG.

Still really bummed the 4 part crossover was not utilized for the musical theme.

Well unless she was faking it, Danielle Pannabaker (Caitlin) CANNOT carry a tune to save her life, as we that watch Flash know!

Im just excited because I've been wanting to hear Grant sing-more than 10 words! since season one. And the excitement has only increased since Supergirl and was cheated in the latter.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

EBR can sing. I was really hoping she would join in.

She can but, she's not on Flash and of the ones that aren't Flash actors (Garner and Barrowman) both are legit singers (appearing in Musicals). 

As for the rest, I'm just assuming all Flash actors will appear in the episode. The ones highlighted were done because they're going to sing. I could be wrong but that seems most likely to me.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well unless she was faking it, Danielle Pannabaker (Caitlin) CANNOT carry a tune to save her life, as we that watch Flash know!

Im just excited because I've been wanting to hear Grant sing-more than 10 words! since season one. And the excitement has only increased since Supergirl and was cheated in the latter.

Yeah, sorry. Disagree. I loved DP and GGs duet.

• Love 1

JB has a multiverse contract, so makes sense that he was chosen. I have a feeling that they will somehow incorporate LoT into the crossover. However, because I think that LoT season is over at that point, it won't be included in the article. But if MM is acting on behalf of the Legions of Evil (or whatever their name is) than perhaps the Waverider sends Stein to help out. Also perhaps they will use this opportunity for Stein to reconnect with his daughter. And frankly, VG is an amazing and trained musical actor, so not including him would be a true disappointment. And his roots are in CC, so getting him there is not that far of a stretch.

Most people here didn't want Arrow to be part of the musical crossover. So no Arrow means no EBR. It's really hard to explain her presence since she is not a Flash or SG star. She has only made a few appearances on Flash and those were to promote Ray Palmer, tighten the multiverse connections and get eyes to Flash in s1. I also think they used her to help set up BA as a romantic lead in Fs1, EBR was convenient & kept them from having to cast another romantic interest for a little bit while BA pined for IW. But I can see no reason why she would randomly be in CC, just because a villain is singing.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Also such a sausage fest. 

49 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Chyler Leigh can sing. I wouldn't point it out if Kara was the only Supergirl character in this, but she's not.

This is so frustrating. The writers are so busy pushing Mon-El that they'd rather include him, a non-singer in the crossover, than find a role for Kara's sister.

• Love 3

It looks like NBC is ready to dive back into comic book-based material, as it was reported Friday that the network is looking to adapt Top Cow Productions’ “Witchblade” into a television show from Sony Pictures Television.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the network is partnering up with Carol Mendelsohn (of “CSI” fame), and Caroline Dries (executive producer of “The Vampire Diaries”) to adapt the Top Cow comic. As of now, there is a script commitment deal with NBC.

The show looks to stick close to the source material, which revolves around homicide detective/Witchblade-wearer Sara Pezzini on the hunt for a serial killer. Here’s the description from THR: “The Sony Pictures Television drama centers on homicide detective Sara Pezzini, on the hunt for an elusive serial killer, who must navigate the grisly streets and police politics of San Francisco’s Mission District — until one day the bracelet she has worn her entire life gives her supernatural insight into a crime she’s trying to solve. Her bracelet is the Witchblade, an amulet that has been worn by remarkable women throughout history, and Sara is next in line.”

With “The Vampire Diaries” ending this season, Dries will write the script while also executive producing the series with Brian Young. Marc Silvestri and Matt Hawkins (writer of comics including “Think Tank” and the President and COO for Top Cow) will also be along to executive produce with Mendelsohn and Julie Weitz.

The news comes as a bit of a surprise, as NBC got itself out of the superhero genre in 2015 by cancelling the DC Comics-based show “Constantine” after one season. Fans of the show weren’t happy with that move, so perhaps the network is looking to get back in the still-lucrative market of comic book-based fare.

If the project makes it to air, this wouldn’t be the first TV show based on “Witchblade” — a series starring Yancy Butler in the lead role ran for two seasons on TNT from 2001 to 2002. The concept and character was created by Marc Silvestri, David Wohl, Brian Haberlin and late artist Michael Turner, and first debuted in 1995. The character’s solo comic book series wrapped up its run in 2015.

• Love 1

I think we also have to consider what's going to be happening on Arrow at the time of the musical crossover. Assuming they don't want to have the timeline so obviously not add up, it might not make sense for any of the Arrow characters to leave Star City then.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

until one day the bracelet she has worn her entire life gives her supernatural insight into a crime she’s trying to solve.

Well, that's a departure from the source material - I wonder why they chose to have her always have it?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BaggythePanther said:

This is so frustrating. The writers are so busy pushing Mon-El that they'd rather include him, a non-singer in the crossover, than find a role for Kara's sister.

I haven't been watching SG for most of the season, so I'm not sure about Mon-El - but could he be used as a an evil person that helps set-up the musical villain? Also is it confirmed that he is a non-singer?

I am disappointed that her sister is not coming, but perhaps she can't cross through the universe warp or however Kara is getting to Flash. Perhaps only aliens or superpower people can. Maybe she will sing on the SG side of the crossover.

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

For me the issue is more LOT. Because they will be almost at their season finale and then seeing Stein and Merlyn randomly sing in Central City might be weird. 

I thought it was airing after the LoT finale?

An easy explanation is Stein is taking a vacation and visiting his wife. MM well, he always betrays his partners, so him peacing out of his commitments on LoT to come sing in CC would not surprise me. It's not like he needed on LoT or is in every episode.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, kismet said:

I am disappointed that her sister is not coming, but perhaps she can't cross through the universe warp or however Kara is getting to Flash. Perhaps only aliens or superpower people can. Maybe she will sing on the SG side of the crossover.

I don't watch SG and most of my knowledge of it comes from this topic, but I didn't get the impression that Winn was either an alien or superpowered. I know the actor is an acclaimed performer in musicals, but as has been point out upthread - sausage fest.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

For me the issue is more LOT. Because they will be almost at their season finale and then seeing Stein and Merlyn randomly sing in Central City might be weird. 

I feel like they probably put together a list of actors who could sing and then looked at that list to make sure they could come up with any sort of explanation (even a really, really bad one) for them to visit CC if they're not from The Flash. Stein's home visiting family. Malcolm is... I don't know, they'll come up with something. There was no way JB wasn't going to be part of the musical episode. That was pretty much a given from the moment it was announced. 

5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don't watch SG and most of my knowledge of it comes from this topic, but I didn't get the impression that Winn was either an alien or superpowered. I know the actor is an acclaimed performer in musicals, but as has been point out upthread - sausage fest.

True, I forgot about Winn being part of it. It's definitely a sausage fest, won't disagree with that. I was just trying to find a reason they might not have brought Kara's sister. Perhaps the actress asked not to be involved, she has a family so maybe she wants some time off or didn't want a repeat of a failed TV musical. I think she was part of the Grey's musical, which was not well accepted if I remember correctly. I could see her passing or at least not making an extraordinary effort to be part of it, if they did not approach her.

3 hours ago, bijoux said:

It's The Flash.  It shouldn't be a surprise that all the men will be singing out their inner most thoughts.  Only female Superheroes aren't icky ya know.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Izombie replaces LOT on April 4th.  Unless they will run the LOT episodes without a single break, i would presume that the last episode of LOT will air on 28th March. 

Yep, from now to 3/28 gets them 17 episodes.

Different perspective...

Why DC TV Needs to Catch up to Marvel TV
Kofi Outlaw   01/20/2017
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/01/19/why-dc-tv-needs-to-catch-up-to-marvel-tv

The Flarrowverse shows are all struggling with growing pains and the threat of stagnation, and DC animation TV series have largely evaporated (save Teen Titans Go!), while Marvel is keeping things fresh on all fronts of the small screen. With so many great characters, teams, and worlds (like DC Vertigo!), DC TV needs to start keeping pace with the changing model of television entertainment, like Marvel has. 
Marvel has clearly heard the call that there is literally a whole world of fans out there, and has started an initiative to deversify its output, widening its demographic reach year after year. But while Marvel has launched multiple female-centric series (Agent Carter, Jessica Jones) and black superhero series (Luke Cage), DC TV is still treating diversity as a, an experiment, side character or subplot - and that includes heavy-handed diversity stories like Alex's lesbian awakening on Supergirl
As stated, when The Defenders Netflix miniseries premieres, it's going to be a much bigger "event" than a four-night primetime TV crossover (3-part, if you don't count Supergirl as part of the "Invasion!" event). After that, Marvel TV is taking an unprecedented step: launching the Inhumans TV series premiere episodes as theatrical events filmed entirely in IMAX. 

While I do think MarvelTV is better at having female centric plots and doesn't just think of most of their female characters as love interests and shows female friendships.  I will give them MarvelTV is better at diversity of the characters, the Marvel movies not so much. DC has better cartoons even if they are not on the air anymore. 

DCTV is a big white male sausage fest, even though they have some great female characters. It's like they don't know what to do with them because they don't have a penis. The Flash is the worst offender out of all the shows. That's why I can't get into watching and wonder why people think it's the greatest show ever. It's a great show if your a straight, white, dude bro that wins your prize female in the end, it doesn't matter what you do to her and her family, she'll always forgive you because you looked sad for a moment. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

The Flash is the worst offender out of all the shows. That's why I can't get into watching and wonder why people think it's the greatest show ever. It's a great show if your a straight, white, dude bro that wins your prize female in the end, it doesn't matter what you do to her and her family, she'll always forgive you because you looked sad for a moment. 

Well I'm a straight female who never read the comics, just the occasional JL graphic novels, and I like this show. I would love it had it remained the light, joyous show it was in the first half of the first season before it got all angsty. Because I really love Grant Gustin. But I've already stated the reasons before so won't repeat them.

Do I wish these assholes would get a clue and write the females better? Absolutely.

But as I did with my soap, I keep hoping for Awesome Writer to sneak in and do something about it because it's still watchable. I have to pinch my nose and stay silent at their insistence of redeeming practically every villain or giving them a sadz history to "justify" why they're bad or no! they aren't villains but anti-heroes, so cheer for them. When I don't understand why villains just can't be villains.

Bruce Timm's animated universe is still the BEST even though they aren't on the air anymore.  And even if Justice League Action is geared toward the kiddies, it has KevinFucking!Conroy and MarkFucking!Hamill and that's good enough for me.

• Love 1

I get that people really love Grant Gustin, but Barry just does too many horrible things to others and gets immediately forgiven because of sadz backstory that I can't like him. Everyone has lost someone. The first time he did it, I let it go because he saw his future self tell him not too. Then he opened up a bunch of breeches and then went did it again. Oliver makes dumb mistakes that mostly affect him, Barry's mistakes affect the entire universe. He needed to learn from his mistake the first time. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 14

It's not that  villains get redeemed, it's that male villains get redeemed.  Remember Plastique?  She was only a villain because she didn't have another choice an din the end she wanted to do good.  But she was killed off, the only villain until nearly the end of s1 while the men were redeemed or jailed.

I'm so over Barry because he's just frozen in immature emotional development. I get it that AK really likes him there, just as MG likes Oliver to be stupid for plot, but I'm bored with both now.  At least Oliver acts like an adult sometimes.  Barry's little boy emotions are just made worse by the fact that the adult women around him all have to prop him up.

21 hours ago, bijoux said:

17 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's The Flash.  It shouldn't be a surprise that all the men will be singing out their inner most thoughts.  Only female Superheroes aren't icky ya know.  

But even female Superheroes shouldn't sing their inner most thoughts, that's icky too.

I'm disappointment that EBR won't be there, if they can come up with reasons to have Stein and MM on the episode, they could come up with a reason to have Felicity drop by.  I'm even more disappointed that Chyler Leigh won't be singing because she's next door to a superhero while Winn is the geeky tech guy, the Carlos and Felicity equivalent except unlike Carlos and Felicity, Winn always stays in the van.

I was looking forward to the episode but now all my excitement for it is gone.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well I'm a straight female who never read the comics, just the occasional JL graphic novels, and I like this show. I would love it had it remained the light, joyous show it was in the first half of the first season before it got all angsty. Because I really love Grant Gustin. But I've already stated the reasons before so won't repeat them.

Do I wish these assholes would get a clue and write the females better? Absolutely.

I'm still watching The Flash and still enjoying it but I'm never going to enjoy it on the level that I do/did/hope to with Arrow or even Supergirl, LoT or hell, Smallville and Gotham.  

I wanted to adore The Flash but Barry's repeated selfish "mistakes" and the deliberate writing away from a female viewpoint has forced me to view the show only on a very shallow level.  I don't care about spoilers.  I don't get excited about twists.  I shrug at whatever the actors are doing.  I'm really not invested in it at all except to keep up with so that I know how it fits with the other Arrowverse shows.  

They could probably recast the whole thing and I'd still watch even though I do like a lot of the individual characters.  Basically, I can watch and even be amused and occasionally moved, but they write it in such a way that I have no loyalty to it except because of the loyalty I do have to the other Arrowverse shows.  

• Love 3

Well Smallville burned me so that by the time these shows appeared and I started watching- I didn't invest in any of the characters or the relationships. I couldn't.

I mean I did like the slow burn they did with Oliver and Felicity, and I enjoyed them--and this was after I already decided that Laurel was a horrid character. And then, right on cue, they fucked it up.

Aside from loving Gustin, they've incorporated a lot of Wally West for their Barry, which is part of why I love him. 

As for his constant going back in time, well the first time was by accident and he was able to save the city because he knew the tsunami was coming and was able to save everyone. But lost his chance to be with Iris; the second time, his other past/future self stopped him from saving Nora. Then he went back to save everyone from being destroyed by Vandal. The most recent one was done because he'd just seen his father brutally murdered in front of him and he was still grieving when he went back. 

It's not my intention to change anyone's minds, but I just don't think Barry is a bad guy or that everything is his fault.

{shrugs} 

• Love 1

My problems with Barry started in the season one finale, and it still annoys me, because it was something that was so easy to fix.  Having him go back with the full knowledge that he was risking the entire earth was something I could never really get past.  And I still don't understand why the writers thought it was necessary for him to have that knowledge.  It makes him look so incredibly selfish.  *shrugs* I know mileage varies, but that was the beginning of my disenchantment with Barry, and Flashpoint sealed the deal 

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

My problems with Barry started in the season one finale, and it still annoys me, because it was something that was so easy to fix.  Having him go back with the full knowledge that he was risking the entire earth was something I could never really get past.  And I still don't understand why the writers thought it was necessary for him to have that knowledge.  It makes him look so incredibly selfish.  *shrugs* I know mileage varies, but that was the beginning of my disenchantment with Barry, and Flashpoint sealed the deal 

I think Barry started losing me the second he started to undermine Iris/Eddie knowingly by having meetups with her as the Flash. His smirks when he'd find out they fought were just unbearable to me. A man who does that isn't an honorable man at all.

Then we have a man like Oliver who doesn't interfere in Felicity's love life because he's happy as long as she is...

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well Smallville burned me so that by the time these shows appeared and I started watching- I didn't invest in any of the characters or the relationships. I couldn't.

I mean I did like the slow burn they did with Oliver and Felicity, and I enjoyed them--and this was after I already decided that Laurel was a horrid character. And then, right on cue, they fucked it up.

I promised myself I'd stay detached but by the season opener for season two, I was sucked right back in just as deep.  I haven't given up hope yet!  But then, I'm still not convinced that my ship on Smallville wasn't the right choice even if it wasn't the show's choice.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

So Central City has a billboard announcing The Flash (and now also Kid Flash), and Star City changed its name to honor Ray Palmer, but Green Arrow gets ... nothing...

Flash also has a coffee named after him. 

And Laurel/Black Canary got a statue while Roy had to fake his own death and leave town. (And I don't see anything being done for Roy anytime soon, if ever.)

• Love 2

Report on Jan. 8th TCA panel titled "CW Behind the Heroes: The Visual Effects of The CW's DC Series"  (interesting b-t-s look at the Arrowverse's sfx)...

How CW's Television Superheroes Get Their Powers
SUSAN KARLIN 01.23.17 8:26 AM
https://www.fastcocreate.com/3067262/how-cws-television-superheroes-get-their-powers

There are two main ingredients for superhero magic: Spandex-ready bods and visual effects.

The latter half of that recipe gathered last week at the Television Critics Association Press Tour to discuss creating the high-concept visuals and superhuman feats on CW’s Supergirl, The Flash, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow, which return the week of January 23.
There, the shows' VFX supervisors Andrew Bardusk and Armen Kevorkian joined producers Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, Jennifer Lence, Jon Wallace, Geoff Garrett, and Joanie Woehler. It was an unusual panel for a convention that traditionally touts above-the-line creatives. But CW’s successful translation of DC Comics characters to TV—both network and publisher are divisions of Warner Bros.—comes from storylines and visuals that continuously pass muster with the exacting standards of comic fans. And given that these four shows share a universe and occasionally engage crossover stories, they require a visual consistency with one another that extends to effects.

The series task two postproduction studios with this job—Zoic handles Arrow, while Encore tackles Flash, Legends, and Supergirl, usually with just a few weeks for prep and post per episode—a tall order considering, in the last year alone, the four shows involved nearly 7,800 VFX shots.
"There will be instances where I'll be in the editing room and go, 'Oh, I really wish I had that shot,' or, 'I really wish the Green Arrow was doing this,' and Zoic was like, 'Okay. No problem,'" says Arrow/Legends EP Marc Guggenheim.

But it took awhile for the showrunners to trust the system. "I worked on a couple of science-fiction fantasies before Arrow. People would write stuff that was outlandish, and I would say, 'Don't even bother. You can't do that, so let's scale it down now,’" says Andrew Kreisberg, who executive produces all four shows. "Even when we started Arrow, we were, 'Let's not let our imaginations get ahead of ourselves.’ And now, we don't have to be afraid of going big, wrecking a city block, or having a thousand Dominators, because we know that they can pull it off."

"Sometimes, we’ll suggest the craziest thing we can think of, and they will take it to the next level," Kreisberg laughs. "There doesn't seem to be any limits on our imaginations. There is artistry to that."
From there, the teams look for a sweet spot combining live-action stunts, special effects, and pyrotechnics with digital character and scene builds, within the allotted time and monetary budget. The houses use standard industry software—, 3DS Max, and Nuke—with some proprietary coding for unique flourishes. Since the VFX budget hasn’t changed, they’ll amortize the cost of asset builds by reusing them in multiple episodes.

"To me, the best sequences are the ones that are a blend of both," says Kreisberg. "When there’s as much reality as it can be within it, it actually enhances the digital world."

"When everything is completely digital, the audience can tell," adds Guggenheim. "It may be cheaper and easier to do it digitally, but we always want to start with doing it practically and have visual effects enhance it rather than start just from a place of, 'Oh, we'll just do it digitally.’"

A foundation of stunt work and fight choreography adds directorial depth and keeps actors emotionally invested in scenes, which grounds the hyperrealism.

"You rely on the stunt coordinators' expertise as well," says Flash/Legends coproducer Geoff Garrett. "These are people who have been choreographing fights for years, and they're experts at coming up with dynamic, unique, creative ways. It also allows you to keep your actors and characters present in the scenes, and so they feel emotionally connected and excited by the sequences. Then the VFX can extend it beyond that."
Producers and VFX teams begin collaborating on episodes while the producers and writers are still outlining stories, some two to three weeks before they write the scripts. If plots call for something particularly time-consuming, like destroying a city or building a digital double close-up, the showrunners might approach the VFX crews even earlier.

"Most shows have a prep schedule that lasts eight or nine days before they shoot it, and they really don’t think about what they're going to do next until they get to that prep," says Kreisberg. "For us to pull this off week in and week out, we constantly have to stay ahead, so the scripts are coming out weeks, sometimes a month before the prep date. That way, Armen can see months in advance of shooting what he'll be up against. That can be interesting for directors, who are used to coming in and ruling the roost. On these shows, by the time the director shows up, preproduction is well underway. There are storyboards of action sequences, even animatics, which the director is told to follow because we've already been planning on it. But it’s that preplanning that allows all four of these shows to hit the highs every week that they do."
"These guys are really good at coming up to us, so there are no surprises," says Kevorkian. "When I read the script I start visualizing what this might be. I'll call them and say, 'Is this what you were thinking too?’ and we’ll go back and forth. We work with storyboard and previz artists to show them what we’re thinking and bring it to life. It’s little baby steps, but at a faster pace. Everything is hand-animated. We try to look at the real science of everything first, and then if it doesn’t look right, we’ll change it. But we don’t do shortcuts."

"Features have the benefit where they have a lot of time," says Arrow VFX supervisor Andrew Bardusk. "Any of these shots, no matter how great they look, if I had a few more months, I would find ways to spend it. We just try and hit the story point as best we can in the time we have."

Edited by tv echo
8 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I knew they couldn't get NPH, but I was hoping they'd get someone with some range. DC has a very pleasant pop voice, but that's about it. And no, he absolutely can't do menacing.

As much as I complain about MG, I'm really glad he got Arrow and AJK left for The Flash.   I barely watch The Flash any more and tonight's Supergirl was such a lame story, I think I'm pretty much done with it too.  Arrow and LoT are the two Arrowverse shows I still enjoy.

• Love 1

I think I'm over so called "method actors", sorry Leto, Cameron Monaghan is doing a better Joker then you.  I do like that Gotham is about the villains, even their version of Gordon is basically a villain. 

I don't know why Supergirl has to be so cheesy. It makes me think that's what's they think a girly show should be like instead of just writing a show. 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I think I'm over so called "method actors", sorry Leto, Cameron Monaghan is doing a better Joker then you.  I do like that Gotham is about the villains, even their version of Gordon is basically a villain. 

I don't know why Supergirl has to be so cheesy. It makes me think that's what's they think a girly show should be like instead of just writing a show. 

From the moment Jerome transformed from innocent boy into full on Joker, CM has owned the character. Jared Leto should stop sending live rats to Margot Robbie and study his performance. He might learn something. Although, I've heard a rumor that MR being so creeped out by JL is why she pushed so hard for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy's relationship, so good with the bad I guess.

Edited by Lokiberry

Fell asleep on couch and woke up to an adorable interview with Melissa Benoist on Late Night with Seth Meyers. Her personality really made me wish that I cared to watch Supergirl at all anymore. A;so, he completely forgot about Arrow & LoT, when talking about the CW comic shows; which sadly felt a little vindicating since Arrow has become completely forgettable and LoT is a fringe show. But then I remembered how much of a comics fan Seth is and thought ouch, that;s not good.

She broke the news to me that Darren Criss was cast. I am both disappointed & skeptical. I also think it's a little too much Glee reunion. Although Darren did immediately replace NPH on Broadway's Hedwig and the Angry Itch. So either there is some crossover in their range, or the casting team was a little unoriginal in finding a replacement.

Still really excited for the musical crossover. I don't need menacing, I just need well done entertaining and that still seems to be on the agenda.