Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: HIGH HOPES

druzy
  • Start Topic

If nothing else, this show has taught us that money can't buy happiness.  These . . . people . . . have been given resources very few others have.  Farrah has done something with those resources, but is she happy?  She sure doesn't appear to be!  The rest have done nothing but waste what was handed to them. 

Everything else I have to say appears to have already been said - Ryan, giving excuses so that he and Mack can have something filmable to collect a check to keep the lakefront property.  Cate and Tyler make me want to scream SHE'S NOT YOUR KID ! ! ! !  When Cate was crying about the scheduling conflict, I was thinking that she's more sad about the possibility of missing out on a vacation rather than missing seeing Carly.  Amber, OMG, how pathetic is she?!?!  As for Farrah, I think the producers probably see her acting "normal" and talked her into taking a trip with her mother to stir stuff up again.  I'm surprised/not surprised that Debra is agreeing to exclude her beloved fiancé/husband. 

And, whatever happened to April?  It's like she doesn't exist!  No mention whatever.  Last season mother and daughter were partying together, now she has dropped off the face of the earth.  We can only hope that Dr. Panda asks at the reunion, but then again, that might be asking a bit much of him. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, usernameG said:

What does it say about your vagina + anus if it's offered up as a Groupon discount?  I guess Farrah doesn't have a very high end vagina.

I get like four tee time offers a week from Groupon. What do your Groupon searches have to look like for this alert to pop up?

• Love 10

I didn't really appreciate Catelynn saying Carly is "standoffish" whenever they see her. I just don't think that's a fair term to put on a kid. It implies that she's doing it on purpose. She's not standoffish, she's probably just shy because she either doesn't fully understand who you are, or she does, but she feels a little awkward. Give the kid a break.

Carly can probably sense Cate and Tyler's intensity and realizes that this is no ordinary visit with ordinary "family friends".  I would imagine that picking up on their vibe is confusing, disorienting and quite frankly, a little bit scary to her. 

• Love 19
19 hours ago, pheebs said:

Back on topic...Mack's wedding dress looks like it's made of fungus.

Yes!!! Her dress was hideous! I was wondering if she was using as well, because you had to have been high to pick out that dress...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

If nothing else, this show has taught us that money can't buy happiness.  These . . . people . . . have been given resources very few others have.  Farrah has done something with those resources, but is she happy?  She sure doesn't appear to be!  The rest have done nothing but waste what was handed to them. 

Agree. None of these Teen Mom's (except for Farrah who has built businesses) have used this money to try and further themselves, and instead just sit on the couch.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Teddybear said:

I have NEVER gotten the impression that either Cate or Tyler actually like Nova.   

Isn't that sad? I have thought that things may have been easier if she had been a boy. Just to make it different from the first time. And the girls look so alike; of course they are going to think about Carly everytime they look at her. 

• Love 3

Goodness, from what dumpster did they pull out Amber's trashy cousin? Can't we just have cousin Kristina back?

I'm so glad Leah has Gary and Christina and cute little Emilee. They seem like such a happy family. I shudder with fear when I think of Amber's baby and what kind of life he will have.

Ugh, Debra is always so OTT on the phone.

I agree with all the posters about C and T. Carly is not their kid and will not coming running into their arms on her 18th birthday. This adoption needs to be closed and fast.

I can't stand Mac but little Hudson is pretty cute. He kept looking at the camera with a look of "wtf is this and why is it filming me on the porch?." Get used to it kid, your mother married a druggie just so she can be on tv

• Love 19
47 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Someone up thread asked if the magical Edwards Wedding 2.0 had happened, and based on the pictures I'm guessing yes. Or they just got dressed up and took photos. Both are equally possible. 

Ryan looks stoned in both pictures.

Also, see how it says 419 comments below the pics? I opened up this post to see what people are saying. About 99% of the comments are absolutely slamming her. Even Amber and Jenelle, two of the most worthless people ever to appear on a reality show, get about a 75/25 split on nice/mean comments. I bet Mack has done a scrub already and still can't beat 1%. Ouch.

• Love 12

This week what can I say.   Amber once again, as always, holding court from her beds with dogs piled on.  Did I hear correctly that she has only seen Leah twice during Summer vacation???  Wow just wor and her excuse that she does not want Leah to sense Ambers lonlyness since Matt's departure.  But as true to form Amber is going to lift herself out of her bed, pack some kind of suitcase and head to Vegas to see how Matt is doing.  Hows about seeing how Leah is doing.  She frustrates me.

Farrah seemed almost human but now a trip with mommy dearest.  What is she thinking???

Cate and Tyler just have to test every single nerve in the adoptive parents bodies.  Because they 'birthed' Carly they believe the three of them OWE her.  Not Tyler so much but Cate for sure.  Even though she choses vacation over seeing her child that she has not seen in two years. 

I hope the adoptive parents write a tell all book and make millions.  They are the ones raising this sweet little girl.  If Carly seems 'reluctant' when Cate and Tyler visit it's probably because she is scared to death she will have to go home with them.  Scary for a child.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

But as true to form Amber is going to lift herself out of her bed, pack some kind of suitcase and head to Vegas to see how Matt is doing.  Hows about seeing how Leah is doing.  She frustrates me.

I thought Matt was a pussy and she don't date pussies? Does she not watch herself on this show and realize how utterly fucking disgusting she looks?

• Love 12
20 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Well, I'm still glad I didn't donate to C&T's college fund.

It's like a reverse Scott's Tots situation (my apologies to non-fans of The Office). I can imagine a bunch of people chipping in and funding Tyler's trip to Nola instead. 

16 hours ago, MinorL said:

This is nit picky, but I noticed that Teresa’s name was spelled “Tersea” in Cate’s phone.

I don't think that's nit picky at all. Either Cate doesn't text her as often as she acts like she does, or she can stare at that fucking typo over and over and not see it. 

P.S. Can y'all quit quoting the picture of whatever sex toy that is? My kids walk in and out of this room!!!! Bahahahaha

11 minutes ago, Tatum said:

LOL, I thought it looked like he just passed out on her shoulder. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, suzeecat said:

When Cate was crying about the scheduling conflict, I was thinking that she's more sad about the possibility of missing out on a vacation rather than missing seeing Carly. 

Hahaha, I laughed for 10 minutes straight when Cate was complaining about the conflict with the planned vacation (poor dears, they so need it! Its been what, 3 weeks since they last "took a break"? They must be exhausted). Cate was actually saying "its not just us! There are other people involved. they've rearranged their schedules!" Schedules?? The only one who has a schedule is Butch, who has to visit his parole officer. 

4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I get like four tee time offers a week from Groupon. What do your Groupon searches have to look like for this alert to pop up?

Holy shit. I clicked that link. Wonder what my inbox is looking like now!

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

P.S. Can y'all quit quoting the picture of whatever sex toy that is? My kids walk in and out of this room!!!! Bahahahaha

^This^.  You guys are keeping me entertained at work (ahem, you didn't hear me say that ...) during a very quiet and boring week.
Please and thank you :D

• Love 9
57 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Also, see how it says 419 comments below the pics? I opened up this post to see what people are saying. About 99% of the comments are absolutely slamming her. Even Amber and Jenelle, two of the most worthless people ever to appear on a reality show, get about a 75/25 split on nice/mean comments. I bet Mack has done a scrub already and still can't beat 1%. Ouch.

To be fair, Amber and Jenelle both delete negative comments like it’s their job, so that probably skews the result 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, leighroda said:

To be fair, Amber and Jenelle both delete negative comments like it’s their job, so that probably skews the result 

But I would assume Mackenzie does as well, until she realized she'd have to delete all of them.

ETA: I'd like to assume the result is skewed, but sadly, I don't think it is. Since I've been able to read negative comments, I must have been on there before Amber and Jenelle woke up and edited. Given just the sample size of the time period I am looking at, the comments still run 75% positive. These girls have a lot of fans, inconceivable as that may be.

Except Mack. Everyone hates Mack.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 11
45 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Even if he did, you know Mack would go through the wedding "Weekend at Bernie's" style and drag his unconscious ass around just to get some good photos and a topic for a new blog post. 

Now THAT'S a spin-off I might watch. 

• Love 5

Sorry, but I'm only sort of following Maci's reasoning w/the whole Ryan/Larry/Jen thing. Throughout the years, Maci has consistently and repeatedly complained that Ryan is a "very, very absent" father to Bently, does not give him the time of day, doesn't seem to wanna be involved or spend any time with him and that Jen and Larry are not Bently's parents, they are his grandparents and that she feels like she basically drops Bently off for Jen and Larry, not Ryan. And all we have seen over the years of that dynamic indicate that Maci is right, Ryan is minimally interested in spending any time with Bently, it's Jen and Larry that spend time with Bently when she drops him off at the Edwards house. This was part of her storyline as recently as last season.

Yet she's now refusing to let him go there because Ryan may still be a junkie? I could understand her concern if Ryan actually spent time with Bently, but he doesn't and never has, it's always been Jen and Larry...who are not junkies. Ryan is not even there most of the time that she drops Bently off. 

She's tried for years to get Ryan more involved in Bently's life and make him more of a father to Bently and it's never worked, he's never changed, so why would he suddenly change now? Ryan doesn't give a shit about spending time with Bently, on or off heroin, but Jen and Larry do and always have. They are basically Bently's second parents, not Ryan. Ryan is more like Bently's fuck-up uncle, or fuckup older brother, that just eats and sleeps there.

So I'm not quite sure I understand her fear. I can't help but think this is about more than just Bently's safety, it's about Maci being pissed off at Ryan's disrespectful attitude towards her, Larry's argument with Taylor, etc. I think it's her way of punishing both Larry and Ryan, bc she knows it kills them both to see Jen upset over Bently. Maci's got a thing with disrespect, that is her trigger, she can't stand being spoken to in any kind of hostile, rude or abrasive manner and so, while many people may just roll their eyes at ryan and not really give a shit and think, "whatever, thank god i didn't stay with your ass," maci's not like that. maci will react by punishing you for it and passive-aggressively do everything in her power to make you feel some pain and make you regret that way you talked to her. i think that's at least part of what this is about. 

i think, if ryan and larry would just be really nice to maci, kiss her ass a little, not give her any attitude, they'd get a lot further. jen seems to have figured that out, i can tell by the things she says on camera that she's always thinking, "maci is going to see this later," and she doesn't wanna do anything to piss Maci off and make her withhold Bently. Because now, with Ryan's heroin use, she's got a valid reason to do so, that the courts will listen to and understand. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Yet she's now refusing to let him go there because Ryan may still be a junkie? I could understand her concern if Ryan actually spent time with Bently, but he doesn't and never has, it's always been Jen and Larry...who are not junkies. Ryan is not even there most of the time that she drops Bently off. 

The problem is - MACKENZIE. All that you say is true, but now that Mack is in the picture, she's pressuring Ryan to see Bentley a lot more and pretend to be this big, happy family. She's always at his side, whispering in his ear. And SHE can't be trusted either. This is a woman who let a nearly catatonic dope fiend drive her down the busy highway. 

• Love 18
On 12/19/2017 at 11:36 AM, AirQuotes said:

Furthermore, for Cate to be spewing advice about other people "pulling up their boot straps and just dealing with it", since when has she ever practiced what she preaches?  What difficult emotions has she ever properly dealt with?  She can stfu.

Whoa! That's unfair. That horse's mane isn't going to braid itself!

• Love 9

I could easily believe that Maci always knew Jen and Larry were enablers but underestimated the gravity of the situation and Jen and Larry’s involvement in it. And she just said “Yeah....this is not working.”

And Larry going off on Maci and Taylor on TV shows a real arrogance that, to me, shows a clear lack of boundaries on his part. (Grandparent sense of entitlement is a real trigger for me, though. lol. full disclosure)

For both reasons, I think a change of heart on her part is reasonable and it is not about punishment but maybe “I dodged a bullet and will not give it another chance.”

6 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Carly can probably sense Cate and Tyler's intensity and realizes that this is no ordinary visit with ordinary "family friends".  I would imagine that picking up on their vibe is confusing, disorienting and quite frankly, a little bit scary to her. 

She does not even KNOW them! Their expectations are completely unfair. They cannot mentally handle an open adoption.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

Sorry, but I'm only sort of following Maci's reasoning w/the whole Ryan/Larry/Jen thing. Throughout the years, Maci has consistently and repeatedly complained that Ryan is a "very, very absent" father to Bently, does not give him the time of day, doesn't seem to wanna be involved or spend any time with him and that Jen and Larry are not Bently's parents, they are his grandparents and that she feels like she basically drops Bently off for Jen and Larry, not Ryan. And all we have seen over the years of that dynamic indicate that Maci is right, Ryan is minimally interested in spending any time with Bently, it's Jen and Larry that spend time with Bently when she drops him off at the Edwards house. This was part of her storyline as recently as last season.

She's tried for years to get Ryan more involved in Bently's life and make him more of a father to Bently and it's never worked, he's never changed, so why would he suddenly change now? Ryan doesn't give a shit about spending time with Bently, on or off heroin, but Jen and Larry do and always have. They are basically Bently's second parents, not Ryan. Ryan is more like Bently's fuck-up uncle, or fuckup older brother, that just eats and sleeps there.

So I'm not quite sure I understand her fear. I can't help but think this is about more than just Bently's safety, it's about Maci being pissed off at Ryan's disrespectful attitude towards her, Larry's argument with Taylor, etc. I think it's her way of punishing both Larry and Ryan, bc she knows it kills them both to see Jen upset over Bently. Maci's got a thing with disrespect, that is her trigger, she can't stand being spoken to in any kind of hostile, rude or abrasive manner and so, while many people may just roll their eyes at ryan and not really give a shit and think, "whatever, thank god i didn't stay with your ass," maci's not like that. maci will react by punishing you for it and passive-aggressively do everything in her power to make you feel some pain and make you regret that way you talked to her. i think that's at least part of what this is about. 

i think, if ryan and larry would just be really nice to maci, kiss her ass a little, not give her any attitude, they'd get a lot further. jen seems to have figured that out, i can tell by the things she says on camera that she's always thinking, "maci is going to see this later," and she doesn't wanna do anything to piss Maci off and make her withhold Bently. Because now, with Ryan's heroin use, she's got a valid reason to do so, that the courts will listen to and understand. 

Agree with everything you've said.  

Also, I wonder if there's more than a grain of truth that Maci (and Taylor) are appreciating the benefits of having the older brother, Bentley, there to help out and amuse the younger two toddlers.  I would think that most parents or even those who have babysat or nannied very young children know the value of having someone else take over, even for fifteen minutes or so, to give the much-needed break.  I don't care about the argument that Maci's earning a generous salary from MTV and this enables her to enjoy a better life style than many others:  Unless she's got a full-time nanny on board she's still going to be doing the lion's share of child care.  And Bentley at age 8 is still very young, but I'm guessing Jayde and the other one (?) seek him out all day long.  I hope this heroin hair test gets the approval very soon, because I think Bentley is going to start hiding from his younger half siblings before long.  Jen and Larry would probably get to resume their visits with Benley even without that drug test for Ryan.

And one more thing:  Adding this conflict between Maci and Ryan/Jen/Larry to the show gives an edge to the Maci storyline continuing for another season.  Never a guarantee, of course.

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Is it possible that Tyler's acting out bc he's bitter that he feels stuck in a marriage to Catelynn? 

Tyler has his flaws and the ego he's developed from doing the show all these years pisses me off sometimes, but at least he's motivated to do something with his life. He doesn't just sit around, depressed all day. 

I can't help but wonder if Tyler's issues with Brandon and Teresa aren't really about them, but are about his own frustration with himself and the choices he's made in his life that may have left him yearning for more. Brandon and Teresa's rules and restrictions on Carly are just an easy target, an easy outlet to vent about, something tangible that he has no control over and cannot change, rather than take a deeper look at some of the issues in his own life that he DOES have control over and CAN change, but making those changes are scary to him. 

If any of that makes sense. 

That totally sounds true. It's unfortunate that he is speaking so heavily against the legal parents of his child, but it's probably always been a lot safer emotionally and physically for him to be angry with Brandon and Teresa than for him to be upset with Butch or Cate. 

In terms of Maci/Ryan, I can actually sort of grudgingly see that she was willing to turn a blind eye when she thought he was taking pills recreationally every now and then or even a few times a week, but when she found out it was heroin and he was nodding off behind the wheel and that dumb bimbo he married DIDN'T EVEN TELL HIM TO PULL OVER SO SHE COULD DRIVE that sort of wakes you up into a different reality. 

Edited by guilfoyleatpp
  • Love 16
On 12/19/2017 at 3:33 PM, Tatum said:

It was, but I am glad to hear the poster misheard about Maci.

Larry clearly has some anger issues as well as a complete lack of accountability for his actions. And to think I defended him last season.

I'm starting to think that we are witnessing a different side of Taylor, though nobody should be called a c********* without proof. I'm sure he's fed up with both Ryan's and Maci's bullshit by now. If it weren't for the trap babies he would be long gone.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Birdee said:

Someone up thread asked if the magical Edwards Wedding 2.0 had happened, and based on the pictures I'm guessing yes. Or they just got dressed up and took photos. Both are equally possible. 

Awww shit the Chinless gangsta is holding up Good ol dead eyes in both pics..... she must of used 2 popsicle sticks and tape for the wedding night cause you know his pez dispenser wasn’t getting up for the big occasion 

Edited by Frank the Tank
  • Love 6

I agree with the comments that were made about C&T not liking Nova.   Even when one of the producers pointed that out Cate agreed but I wish the conversation was highlighted more into some clarity.  Just because they ended up having the money who knows what kind of path keeping her would have led to, it could have been a negative one.  Both of them need to STFU and stop talking shit about B&T on camera.  MTV has allowed them to become so arrogant they think it's okay to spout that and not have any repercussions. 

I predict Amber will have a meltdown after she has her baby.  This is not going to be good.  Her hormones  are really going to fuck her up.  I'd say lack of sleep too but we all know damn well NewMatt is going to be getting up with the baby.  I have bipolar disorder too and I have two kids and I have to work really hard with my mental health.  I don't know what Amber (coincidentally my name is Amber) does and everyone is different. But something tells me she doesn't do a lot of work on herself, just uses her diagnosis as a crutch. 

• Love 16
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

LOL, you were really "Surprised"? I mean literally LOL. Calm, you know I love you, but you got two pages deep and were like "What the fuck, PTV board, where are the Fr. Mulcahy comparisons?!?"

That said, I see the similarities. 

AHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:55 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

Maci I get but the way she talks I. Her higher than mighty attitude bugs- also her cursing at Bentley is not cute or funny and reminds me of how young a mother she really is. It just happens all the time. And I mean I’m not a prude or anything of that nature but bentley is a kid.. also I would think she wouldn’t want that to represent herself on television but whatever. And I’m not a saint so I should not be throwing stones I know but i hardly spend any real time with kids and when I do, I understand certain things or words should not be said. It’s just odd to me how freely she says these things. 

I swear in front of my kids all the time and I'm really old.   Bullshit seems pretty mild to me.   If my kid did something bullshitty I'd totally tell him it was.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I swear in front of my kids all the time and I'm really old.   Bullshit seems pretty mild to me.   If my kid did something bullshitty I'd totally tell him it was.

I don’t know. And I curse a lot as I’m not around kids very much (Also I don’t want any but topic for another thread) but it’s not just that, sometimes the way she talks to her kids and things like that, always stick out to me. I know she gets praise for being a good decent mom but sometimes I think she does the bare minimum and I don’t know, something about her personality just never sits right with me and it hasn’t for a while now. I’m not sure what it is. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Birdee said:

The caption on the first photo: “I promise to always try to give you a bit of my heart instead of a piece of my mind” ? love you so much @ryancedwards85"

Ryan, please don't give her a piece of your mind.  There's nothing left to give.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Was Amber pregnant in this episode? What’s the date for BewBew’s first day of school?

Gary Shirley  @ItsGaryTime

My girl @leah_leann starts 3rd grade tomr. This girl is getting old

5:28 PM - 7 Aug 2017

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, luvbadtv said:

Tyler & Catelynn are so ignorant and entitled it's mind boggling.  I love how they were all irate and bitching about the date that B&T gave them for the visit.  Then, they text Teresa and she gives them other options, no big deal.

I agree C&T were completely obnoxious and entitled about the whole thing.  Every time Cate referred to Carly as "my kid" I wanted to jump through the screen and smack her.  She's not YOUR kid, Cate, she's Theresa and Brandon's kid.   You gave birth to her.  That's it.   You are no more her PARENT than the dude giving the sperm sample at the bank.   Reign it in girlfriend.  Nonetheless, I blame evil Dawn for a lot of their entitlement.  She really did lead them to believe that they would be entitled to these regular visits and updates.  She painted a picture that she had no business painting about how the rest of their lives were going to be.  

If I were Brandon and Theresa I wouldn't want Carly seeing C/T/N at this age either.  She's going to look at Nova who looks just like her, with Cate and Tyler and is going to naturally wonder why she's with a different family.  And who is going to have to pick up those pieces day after day?  Not Cate and Tyler because THEY'RE NOT HER PARENTS!  I just can't.   The whole thing was totally cringe worthy. 

• Love 15

Why is everything about Catelynn and Tyler and not Carly's best interest? Everything is me me me with them and how it affects them.. but why don't they realize that Carly has her own life with her own family and even though it's an open adoption, things change as the kids get older and have friends/activities etc. And the way they talk about B & T on television is extremely selfish and disgusting. They were whining and bitching about going on vacation on the date they were offered to see Carly, yet when Cate texted them, they were more than willing to give other dates. I hope they felt stupid.

I personally don't think open adoptions are healthy, but maybe that's because Cate and Tyler are just so immature when dealing with the reality of it. The adoptive parents are all Carly knows. Cate and Tyler seeing her once every 2 years is not doing anything for her and is just adding confusion in her stable life. Just let it be, and let her come to find you when she's 18 if that's what she wants.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Why is everything about Catelynn and Tyler and not Carly's best interest? Everything is me me me with them and how it affects them.. but why don't they realize that Carly has her own life with her own family and even though it's an open adoption, things change as the kids get older and have friends/activities etc. And the way they talk about B & T on television is extremely selfish and disgusting. They were whining and bitching about going on vacation on the date they were offered to see Carly, yet when Cate texted them, they were more than willing to give other dates. I hope they felt stupid.

I personally don't think open adoptions are healthy, but maybe that's because Cate and Tyler are just so immature when dealing with the reality of it. The adoptive parents are all Carly knows. Cate and Tyler seeing her once every 2 years is not doing anything for her and is just adding confusion in her stable life. Just let it be, and let her come to find you when she's 18 if that's what she wants.

They didn't. 

• Love 14

I really have no problems whatsoever with Maci keeping Bentley from Ryan and his parents or her reasoning for doing so.  Whether it's passive aggressive or not, the fact remains that NO ONE around Ryan had enough balls to stand up and tell him to knock his shit off and put his ass in time out.  Maci has good reason to keep him from all of them.  For Christ's sake, he was driving a car with his new wife next to him while he was high off of his ass and Mackenzie didn't say a single word about it.  She barely seemed alarmed save for the one time she nudged his arm.  Don't tell me Jen and Larry didn't know that was happening.  None of them cared enough to keep him out of a car and Maci has verifiable proof of it.  They all sure as shit better work their asses off and kiss her ass to make her feel comfortable because if I ever saw that happen it would be a cold day in hell before any of them were allowed to be alone with my kid.  They have not shown themselves to be good decision makers and Ryan's comfort was more important than his well-being.  Would any of them have stopped Bentley from getting into the car with him that day?  If I were Maci that's the question I would be asking.  Because no one stopped him from driving that day and Mackenzie got into the car knowing full well he was high off his ass during their wedding.  

Honestly?  If any of them gave me a bit of attitude for that, I sure as hell would be in a courtroom limiting their time with him and making damn sure they had to show someone they were taking steps to make better decisions.  Is she the greatest mother?  She has some issues.  But she has never put Bentley in that kind of danger or any kind of danger that I can remember.  

• Love 23

Yes- Ryan seems disinterested in being around Bentley, and probably the only reason Maci brought him over there was because Jen and Larry wanted to spend time with Bentley. I think Maci's right for not bringing him over there because Jen and Larry are enablers and pretended not to know about Ryan's drug use. They probably didn't want to say anything because they knew that would mean they weren't going to be able to see Bentley anymore if Maci knew about his drug use. Which is dumb, because everyone could see it through TV that Ryan was always high.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Birdee said:

They didn't. 

This reminds me of the incident at the wedding. Just as a reminder, B&T brought Carly to the wedding at C&T’s request with the stipulation that Butch not talk to Carly and they had their wishes violated (again). Remember when Tyler claimed that Carly called him “dad” or “daddy”? They are delusional af. 

Edited by TeenMomAngerMgmt
  • Love 17
On 12/19/2017 at 1:27 PM, GreatKazu said:

I checked both episodes just to be sure. 

Larry calling out Taylor was despicable.  

Yes, Great Kazu you are my soul sister because you always mirror my feelings lol.

Back to the show, even though it makes it slightly better that Larry didn't call Maci the C word. It still shows his immaturity that he called Taylor a c*********. Taylor has his flaws,  but he is there for Bentley as a father figure when Larry's son has failed. Ryan is the only person responsible for his bad decisions, and lets be real. Ryan has never really stepped up as a father, so he can take several seats with his speeches about how much he wants Bentley. Also, I don't fault Maci for trusting Jen and Larry, they are enablers and I have no doubt they would fold if Ryan insisted he wanted to take Bentley somewhere. 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

This reminds me of the incident at the wedding. Just as a reminder, B&T brought Carly to the wedding at C&T’s request with the stipulation that Butch not talk to Carly and they had their wishes violated (again). Remember when Tyler claimed that Carly called him “dad” or “daddy”? They are delusional af. 

Yeah and they talked about that moment all the time. It was also during a time when the cameras weren’t on so yeah. 

Also I can never forget that Butch walked all the way over to where Carly was playing and introduced himself. It wasn’t as if Carly was about to cross paths, she was somewhere else. But I’ve always thought that Tyler gets that personality trait from Butch- they never knew when to leave things alone.

• Love 19

Producer to Amber:  you seem like you're better today.  What's going on?

Amber:  I took my meds.

Fucking take them every day, Amber.  That's how they work!

Little Emilee is the cutest!  When Kristina called Leah 'sister,' I think Emilee called her 'sis' instead.  Too cute!!

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah and they talked about that moment all the time. It was also during a time when the cameras weren’t on so yeah. 

Also I can never forget that Butch walked all the way over to where Carly was playing and introduced himself. It wasn’t as if Carly was about to cross paths, she was somewhere else. But I’ve always thought that Tyler gets that personality trait from Butch- they never knew when to leave things alone.

Butch sought out Carly because he knew it would get him camera time. Not only did he blatantly disregard her parents' wishes, it wasn't even like he just had to see her and couldn't help himself. He did it to further his own TV exposure. I am glad Tyler's sister stood up and outed him at the wedding for not only virtually abandoning her and Tyler but also being a shitty, non involved grandfather to the kids not followed by MTV cameras.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Butch sought out Carly because he knew it would get him camera time. Not only did he blatantly disregard her parents' wishes, it wasn't even like he just had to see her and couldn't help himself. He did it to further his own TV exposure. I am glad Tyler's sister stood up and outed him at the wedding for not only virtually abandoning her and Tyler but also being a shitty, non involved grandfather to the kids not followed by MTV cameras.

I think it had the opposite effect for Butch. It seems that viewers realized what a lowlife loser he is, and I don't think he was as popular after that.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Producer to Amber:  you seem like you're better today.  What's going on?

Amber:  I took my meds.

Fucking take them every day, Amber.  That's how they work!

Little Emilee is the cutest!  When Kristina called Leah 'sister,' I think Emilee called her 'sis' instead.  Too cute!!

What I don’t understand is this wasn’t filmed that long ago, so if meds were why Amber was “doing better” how is she well enough now to be completely off of them and pregnant? I’m sure she would say that she was depressed because of Matt, but now things are all la-dee-da with new baby daddy (I can’t remember his name), but the thing is, meds are used to treat chemical imbalances, not circumstances, granted yes sometimes meds can give the push you need in a slump and you don’t need medication all the time, but Amber has been on meds for years so I don’t think that’s the case for her. On top of that pregnancy brings out a whole other set of challenges with the horomones etc... so I just can’t get behind her story that she stopped taking her meds and got pregnant on a whim.

• Love 6