Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: HIGH HOPES

druzy
  • Start Topic

Farrah plans a family trip to Italy. Bentley starts third grade and Maci is still determined to keep him away from Ryan until he passes a drug test. Amber is depressed after breaking up with Matt. Catelynn and Tyler finally get a date to visit Carly.

• Love 2

Farrah plans a family trip to Italy. Bentley starts third grade and Maci is still determined to keep him away from Ryan until he passes a drug test. Amber is depressed after breaking up with Matt. Catelynn and Tyler finally get a date to visit Carly.

Farrah pays for a family trip to Italy (nothing wrong with that). Bentley starts third grade (yay!). Maci is still determined to keep Bentley from Ryan even though he really doesn't care to see his son. Meanwhile, Maci continues to text while driving. Amber is depressed (when isn't she depressed?) after realizing Matt took her money and now she has no one to feed her. Cateylynn and Tyler keep pushing B&T to commit to a date so they could see their daughter and post photos of her with numerous hashtags.  

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Tatum said:

You know, stealing is wrong, but someone made a really good point on an earlier episode thread that Matt was basically her personal assistant, chauffeur, caretaker, and therapist for 3 years. So, if it makes her feel better, she kind of got Matt to do 4 jobs for the price of one? Maybe she actually hustled him.

I remember that comment. 

The way I view it is, Matt was willing to do anything if it meant he can get his grubby paws on Amber's money somehow. He probably wiped her ass after every dump she took. I am laughing right now thinking of Amber being so loaded on pills and booze that she thought Matt was taking care of her when in reality, he paid someone (with Amber's money) to come in and do it for him. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Amber might even beat out jenelle with being the most disinterested mom on the series ( although they're probably tied ) . She's sooo depressed yet she's A ok to fly to Vegas to see Matt to work things out, have a camera crew and friend at her house laughing together  .. but she can't go down the block to see her daughter who she " wishes she could snuggle and watch movies with more than anything ."

And she's only seen Leah 2x all summer?! That's really sad.

Sophia looked positively deranged in the preview for next week.

• Love 22

I mean.. still find Farrah to be the most tolerable.

Maci I get but the way she talks I. Her higher than mighty attitude bugs- also her cursing at Bentley is not cute or funny and reminds me of how young a mother she really is. It just happens all the time. And I mean I’m not a prude or anything of that nature but bentley is a kid.. also I would think she wouldn’t want that to represent herself on television but whatever. And I’m not a saint so I should not be throwing stones I know but i hardly spend any real time with kids and when I do, I understand certain things or words should not be said. It’s just odd to me how freely she says these things. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Linny said:

Catelynn and Tyler's fixation on visiting Carly and watching her play with Nova is nothing more than wish fulfillment of what life could be like if the adoption hadn't happened. They brush aside any concerns that Carly could be confused by the visit and focus only on their own gratification of seeing their fantasy life play out for a day. They still call Carly "my kid" and "Nova's sister," both terms which are disrespectful to Carly's actual parents and family. It's so frustrating that even after eight years, Catelynn and Tyler lack the maturity and selflessness to understand that Carly is her own person deserving of a life without having to shoulder the unrealistic hopes and expectations of her biological parents.

Mackenzie's dress was ostentatious, and it's probably ill-advised to spend a bunch of money throwing a big wedding so early into Ryan's sobriety, but I don't expect better from her after everything we've seen. Interesting that her son was finally on camera, guess she figured they needed a kid to pad their scenes since Bentley hasn't been around.

What the fuck kind of concoction was Sophia brewing up? Was that shaving cream mixed with glue?? What a weird kid. Farrah is refreshingly normal with Michael, to the point where I really do believe a lot of her problems stem from Debra, not just Farrah herself. Helping with the engagement was sweet and I liked seeing her genuinely happy around Michael and his fiancée.

It kills me every time we see Amber with ten pounds of makeup on doing nothing but lounging in bed. Got to put on makeup for the cameras but fuck if she's willing to sit upright somewhere she can't be swaddled by blankets. She's kidding herself if she thought flying across the country to see Matt was anything other than an invitation for him to try to weasel his way back into her life and most importantly her bank account.

Sophia was making homemade slime; it's all  the rage with kids nowadays.  

Edited by FlowerofCarnage
  • Love 13

Tyler is such a douche it’s hard to watch him. Catelynn too. Carly is not yours. Stop acting like just cause you banged and got knocked up like idiots you have some rights over her. 

Ryan is so sketchy and def still using something. I am a bit jealous of his place on the water tho:

Mackenzie's dress is tacky as hell.

Amber is a total loser. Who is her new crack head looking friend?

• Love 21

Called it that Amber would be too depressed about Matt to see her own daughter.  She is really gonna shit with the new kid because she isn't going to have a Gary to step up to take care of the baby while she drowns her misery on the couch. Whatever happened to her clothing shit?

• Love 18
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

"Amber said she's getting blinded by the sun."..."she's used to the moon." Lol, go Kristina! Agreed with everything Gary said about Ambular stepping it the fuck up.

Kristina’s “she’s used to the moon” was my favorite line of the season!  As someone else said, Amber is probably less interested in being a mother than even Janelle.

Speaking of non-parenting, I loved Ryan’s “no, I haven’t seen Bentley b/c Maci insists I take a drug test and I’m going to have drugs in my system for weeks, months, years....”  Ok, Ryan.  Staying clean?  And his ever-in-denial parents, saying “He did rehab!  So what’s the problem?” (Larry) or “I would NEVER leave Bentley alone with Ryan...not on my watch!” (Jen).  Sure, Jan.  I mean Jen.

Anyone know how long heroin stays in your system?  Urine?  Hair?  I’m guessing days, or a week at most, but I really don’t know.

• Love 17

I haven’t watched yet but my comments are based on what I read here. 

You know, I was really thinking that MTV was close to pulling the plug on the OG cast (I think TM2 is still pulling decent ratings for another season or two) and with Farrah (the most interesting to watch) being not fired. But something tells me it will renew for a few extra seasons as a way to do welfare checks on Ambers couch baby.

I’m being dead serious. I was going to throw in the towel on this cast because I can’t stand ANY of them, at least with TM2 I like to watch Chelsea and Leah’s daughters grow up, but these girls have always been so annoying, lazy and ungrateful. But now I feel like I need to keep an eye on couch baby because if Ambers too depressed to visit Leah a few miles away how is she going to get up every two hours for feedings and diaper changes? We SAW what she did with leah when she was born and that was WITH Gary’s HELP! I don’t foresee Glennon being that nurturing. 

Normally I would give the mom a break and think “she was only 16/17 when she had Leah maybe she will do better this time” but that’s only if I’d seen some type of growth out of Amber. She still acts like the Amber that NEEDED her sleep while her “lazy” only person working 50 hr per week boyfriend, Gary, did all the work.

I truly feel sad and scared for this baby. We know once he’s born she’s not going to be on a medication plan and she’s more bitchy and self entitled these days so I fear for Glennon and the baby. Glennon is going to LEAVE HER when he realizes how she is when there’s actual responsibilities thrown into their “forever love”. 

I always remember adults telling me “you’re in love with your 20 year old boyfriend now but wait until life hits you and you have bills to pay and jobs to do - love acts differently when your head is out of the clouds” and he’ll split with Ambers money and child support.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 11

Farrah - I think Farrah is doing image control or desperately trying to push the narrative that she was only bitchy and mean when’s debra was around. I expect Farrah to resume her bitchyiness during the Italy trip to prove to viewers it’s her mom that makes her act that way.

Meh, either way, please, Farrah, keep giving us this side of you, it’s tolerable.

I bet the girls are jealous that Farrah does all of this overseas travel. Hardly any of the moms can get valid passports or are too busy with a shoe full of babies.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Didn't David propose to Debra? Why would Debra have Farrah plan it?

I’m not sure which of them proposed.  In an earlier ep David said to Debra that he wasn’t into getting married again and didn’t really see the point but was willing to do it bc it was so important to her.  Then Debra spouted some religious BS being the reason why they should get married.  Later David gave her a ring.  Maybe there wasn’t a proposal so much as a negotiated living arrangement. Soooooo romantic those two.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Isthisok said:

Did Ryan say it would take up to a year for him to pass a hair follicle test??? THE FUCK KIND OF SMACK WERE YOU DOING???

From americanaddictioncenter.org:

The only test that works for longer than a week is the hair follicle test, which can detect heroin for up to 3 months or more. However, there are many possible factors that can interfere with hair tests.

I guess technically a year falls under "3 months or more"...but I think that a year is a pretty extreme outlier. If Ryan has been clean since his rehab stay, he really should have no trouble passing a hair follicle test.

The thing with Ryan though, is I can't necessarily say that his reluctance to take a test is indicative he's still using. (I mean, I do think he is, but not necessarily because of the reluctance to take a test). Ryan is lazy and doesn't give a shit about seeing Bentley. Even if he knew he could pass a drug test, but had a 12 month reprieve from trying to pretend to be an interested dad, I can see him choosing not to take the test.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

So little Hudson makes his Teen Mom debut. How much is MTV paying for his father to allow him to appear on the show.

Yea, I was a bit surprised by that. Kristina's other kid still hasn't been seen on air, and I respect that. Little Hudson was adorable with that accent, though. I was nervous about who was going to be driving the boat, however. 

10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

"Amber said she's getting blinded by the sun."..."she's used to the moon." Lol, go Kristina

Kristina's shade was epic! But she says it in such a nice, innocuous way, you can't really get mad at her. 

9 hours ago, Linny said:

What the fuck kind of concoction was Sophia brewing up? Was that shaving cream mixed with glue?? What a weird kid.

There's a fluffy slime you can make with those ingredients. I've made slime at home with my kids, using glue, but not shaving cream. It's probably something she learned at school. 

8 hours ago, Emkat said:

I'm really worried about Amber's baby. She is literally not capable of taking care of it. She can't even visit with the child she has now let alone look after a baby.

I'm also very concerned that she went off her "head meds" to get pregnant. Notice how everyone could tell the difference when she started taking them again? And now she's quit. Sigh.....

8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

"It'll be the first engagement I plan, since mom didn't ask me to help with hers."

Didn't David propose to Debra? Why would Debra have Farrah plan it?

What KIDS help plan their parent's proposals anyhow? Just weird. 

6 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I wish Tina & Brandon (?) Would just say, look this not working . When she turns 18  it will be upto her.  I'd hate to have these two  anyway near my child and she is their child.

I know. I wish they would do that too! I think they're probably just really super nice people, and Cate/Ty probably take advantage of that. I can only imagine the shitty, manipulative texts Catelynn sends Teresa, trying to guilt her. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm not sure if I'm buying that Ryan really went and got himself a hair follicle test. Also, I don't know the truth about how long it can take to leave your body. But, if what he's saying is true, why wouldn't they just opt for a urine test? That seems more relevant to the situation at hand. No one is trying to determine how long ago he was using. We KNOW that. What needs to be determined is that he's clean now. Since heroin exits the urine quicker, I think a urine test would be what they'd want. So him opting for the hair follicle one seems shady as hell, to me. 

The problem with a urine test is that it's too quick- if Ryan knew he had a drug test on Friday, he could be using as recently as Wednesday and still pass. I suppose random tests on a somewhat regular basis might help with that, but if he signs up for a urine test at a center, he'll have an appt and plenty of notice on when to stop in order to pee clean.

Which is moot, because I don't think he cares enough to take any kind of test. Seeing Bentley is just not an incentive, and now if his parents put any pressure on him, he can whine that they are "triggering" him.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

How the fuck is it fair that with heroin you can pass a piss test in three days, but if you want to smoke a joint and enjoy a Netflix show more than it deserves (I'm looking at you, The OA and Godless), you can't have a job interview for a month?? Up yours, nature. 

I KNOW! I know nothing about heroin use, but in my early 20s I had a job that required semi random drug testing which I wasn't always sure I would pass. So, I spent a lot of time googling various options, and it was frequently noted by the various websites that pot, the least harmful drug known to man, that was, at the time, just a few years away from being legal for medicinal reasons (this was in the early 2000s) had the longest duration in the system. Heroin, crack, meth- it some cases if you're not a regular user and you have a decent metabolism, it can be out of your system in a matter of hours.

Eta: side story, when I was 21, I had my first post college job which required a drug test, and I had to schedule it within 24 hours of accepting the job offer. Given my smaller size and my only semi regular use of it, I figured I had about 3-5 days of trouble. I drank a ton of water in the hours leading up to the test. I got the call a few days later that my test had been too diluted for a conclusive test, and I would have to re-test. I only had one more shot and then the job offer was rescinded. But the re-test bought me a few days and that was all I needed!

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

I was wondering with Matt gone, who turns Amber over occasionally to check for bedsores?

She reminds me of an observation Selma Hayek makes in 30 Rock, about how she knows Liemon's holidays are basically her on the couch watching some show and "filling her slanket with farts." 

• Love 6

Tyler & Catelynn are so ignorant and entitled it's mind boggling.  I love how they were all irate and bitching about the date that B&T gave them for the visit.  Then, they text Teresa and she gives them other options, no big deal.

• Love 14

I think Catelynn and Tyler manipulate Brandon and Teresa, especially Cate. Earlier on Teresa took on kind of a mentoring or mothering role with Cate. She encouraged her and was always trying to be supportive. I think C&T took advantage of that and now B&T don’t know how to stop it. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

The way C&T discuss Carly and her parents just rankles!  It is inappropriate, out of line, and horrible!  They have no claims on her and they are inappropriate to put these expectations on her.  B&T need to shut this shit down today!  TODAY!  If I ever heard *anyone* talking about my parents that way, they better stay the F away from me!  C&T act like B&T owe them something and they absolutely do not!  They put Carly up for adoption because they knew they couldn't care for her properly.  That hasn't changed.  It is easy to go back and re-write history because time tends to dull pain. 

I think this exactly how Carly will feel and when she lets her parents know, they will put an end to the visits/communication/everything.  All it will take is one sleepover at a friend's house and few Mtv clips and Carly will shut it down.  Cate and Tyler have nobody to blame but themselves.  Carly will protect her parents and her parents will protect her.  C&T can kiss their dream of reuniting goodbye because of their own actions.

• Love 22