Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: HIGH HOPES

druzy
  • Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:57 AM, ghoulina said:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I buy that. No one in Ryan's life is willing to be honest about things. They hid stuff and enabled him for years. His wife rode in the car with him while he was nearly catatonic and could have killed her and many others on the road that day! She never once asked him to pull over. His parents saw him in that state at the wedding and did/said nothing. I can see Ryan lying about being clean and manipulating Jen easily. I know she means well and would never INTENTIONALLY let Bentley get harmed, but I'd be too scared to risk it. They could come for a visit at my house. 

I completely agree. Without the show, Cate and Ty would have continued to struggle and it would have reinforced that their decision to place Carly was the right one. But fame and money hit them not soon after they gave her up, and suddenly they were probably like - "Wait, we COULD have kept her!" So they're all bitter and resentful. But at the wrong people. 

Also, I think a lot of their desire to see and talk to her is to bolster their storyline. I don't know that the open adoption would have been as much of an issue without the show. It's really a big mess. 

This, exactly.   Jen is a total pushover and Larry is obviously pissed at Maci and Taylor (called him a c********* if I recall) so I wouldn't put too much faith in them to keep Ryan from taking Bentley alone.  And given the GORGEOUS lakehouse Ryan is currently living in with it's easy access to a body of water right off the back porch, I wouldn't be letting Bentley near them without a clear drug screen either.

• Love 13
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, AirQuotes said:

I'm on Maci's side of keeping Bentley from Ryan but not Mimi Jen.

The problem with that is you can't trust Jen to keep him away from Ryan.  Remember that father's day episode when Ryan had just stolen from Larry (to buy drugs I'm sure) and Maci was trying to keep Bentley out of it? Jen asked to see Bentley and Maci said she knew it was just to bring him over to Ryan's which Jen would never admit to.  But that's exactly what she did.  I'd bet a million dollars Jen would deliver Bentley to that lake house with a bright red bow if she got her hands on him.  She just can't help herself.  She's a champion enabler.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

I think it had the opposite effect for Butch. It seems that viewers realized what a lowlife loser he is, and I don't think he was as popular after that.

Maybe, but I think Butch cares about camera time, not people liking him. Which means he will continue to do things that will, in his estimation, earn him camera time, even if it costs him in popularity.

• Love 4

I mean maybe it was for camera time but I also think Butch was mad that everyone else got to meet Carly. Even April had a moment with her and he didn’t. And it was bluntly asked that he not be allowed to meet her. And I totally understand why and it’s just interesting to me that Butch ha no boundaries and neither does Tyler.

When OG first restarted, one of our first scenes was Tyler complaining about how B&T didn’t want any pictures posted by catelynn and Tyler on social media anymore and then Tyler decides to put up a slideshow of old pictures. To.. make a point? I don’t know.

And the way he talked about B&T in this latest episode was so tudeZ “I don’t even care about my relationship with them anymore, it doesn’t matter” uh. Okay. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Producer to Amber:  you seem like you're better today.  What's going on?

Amber:  I took my meds.

Fucking take them every day, Amber.  That's how they work!

No shit. Except she went off them again to have NewMatt's baby. 

3 hours ago, LunaMia said:

In what world does a cop, a fucken cop, text while driving while also trying to snap a picture of a low rate star of a reality show!?

Are you talking about the scene with Amber? It wasn't a cop. She thought it was, but then realized it was one of those old cop cars people buy at auctions. You could see it had no insignia or letters on it when she pulled up beside it. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Are you talking about the scene with Amber? It wasn't a cop. She thought it was, but then realized it was one of those old cop cars people buy at auctions. You could see it had no insignia or letters on it when she pulled up beside it. 

Thank God. I thought it was a cop and became seriously concerned about the requirements for becoming an Indiana Law Enforcement Officer.  

• Love 8
On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:20 PM, Tatum said:

I know, but Larry always gave off this happy go lucky vibe. While his anger came out in the previous season, it was not unjustified. But Larry's anger at Taylor and Maci seems SO out of left field. I mean, the guy has like, rage against them.

The guy knows his idiot son can't be trusted with anything, yet Maci is a scorned woman withholding Bentley because Ryan doesn't love her? Taylor is a c********* because he came to the defense of his stepson when the stepson's paternal grandfather was berating him in public and embarrassing him? WTF?

Hearing about what happened at the little league game made everything crystal clear to me with respect to the Edwards family because there's a certain type of person who would act that way towards a child and not feel one iota of remorse about it (in fact, he'd go a step further and attack someone for pointing out that it was inappropriate.)  All the sudden I was able to figure out why Ryan is an addict and why Jen is a champion enabler.  If I were Maci I'd tell Larry to go fuck himself.  He can see Bentley when Ryan gets off his fuck-up ass and gets a court order.  In the meantime, Mimi Jen can meet up to visit with Bentley at mom's house.

• Love 14
21 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

That totally sounds true. It's unfortunate that he is speaking so heavily against the legal parents of his child, but it's probably always been a lot safer emotionally and physically for him to be angry with Brandon and Teresa than for him to be upset with Butch or Cate. 

In terms of Maci/Ryan, I can actually sort of grudgingly see that she was willing to turn a blind eye when she thought he was taking pills recreationally every now and then or even a few times a week, but when she found out it was heroin and he was nodding off behind the wheel and that dumb bimbo he married DIDN'T EVEN TELL HIM TO PULL OVER SO SHE COULD DRIVE that sort of wakes you up into a different reality. 

THIS, exactly.  Popping pills every now and then and being disinterested as a parent in general is one thing, but being a heroin junkie and being married to a nitwit who would let you drive while nodding off is QUITE another. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Really? I don't know, from this screen grab it looks like there is insignia, the woman is also wearing a uniform.

Maybe she's private security or a state employee, but she is still is moron for texting and taking pictures of Amber of all people. 

IMG_3931.PNG.16750a180718b505a408553dee1faa90.PNGIMG_3929.PNG.b6b477acdf6509e4cdb25c83c3af64d1.PNG

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That was definitely a cop.  She was wearing a uniform and there was clearly insignia on the door.  Also, there were lights on top of the car.  You can't buy a car with lights and insignia at an auction.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, lezlers said:

The problem with that is you can't trust Jen to keep him away from Ryan.  Remember that father's day episode when Ryan had just stolen from Larry (to buy drugs I'm sure) and Maci was trying to keep Bentley out of it? Jen asked to see Bentley and Maci said she knew it was just to bring him over to Ryan's which Jen would never admit to.  But that's exactly what she did.  I'd bet a million dollars Jen would deliver Bentley to that lake house with a bright red bow if she got her hands on him.  She just can't help herself.  She's a champion enabler.

She would rather stand there and cry at his wedding than speak up and tell him he was in no shape to be driving or marrying. (Am I remembering that correctly? She was crying and it was not happy tears?)

I don’t feel too bad for Larry and Jen but I do for Bentley. I am guessing they can all see him - just not take him or have him alone? But they want to see him on their terms. I have said for a long while that I think they have problems with boundaries. Having dealt with that myself (grandparents believing they are entitled to the kids on their terms), it just seems so clear to me and more from Larry with the anger. And talking about how Ryan has been a shitty father but he loves Bentley. If he loved Bentley, he would not be a shitty father. 

• Love 17
8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I mean maybe it was for camera time but I also think Butch was mad that everyone else got to meet Carly. Even April had a moment with her and he didn’t. And it was bluntly asked that he not be allowed to meet her. And I totally understand why and it’s just interesting to me that Butch ha no boundaries and neither does Tyler.

When OG first restarted, one of our first scenes was Tyler complaining about how B&T didn’t want any pictures posted by catelynn and Tyler on social media anymore and then Tyler decides to put up a slideshow of old pictures. To.. make a point? I don’t know.

And the way he talked about B&T in this latest episode was so tudeZ “I don’t even care about my relationship with them anymore, it doesn’t matter” uh. Okay. 

I seriously think the only reason they still have any contact with Carly is because Teresa had a soft spot for Catelynn, if it were just Tyler they probably would have cut it off a long time ago...but Catelynn is probably on thin ice too at this point, her comments aren’t quite as bad as Tyler’s, but the way I see it she’s complicit, she doesn’t seem to discourage it at all and probably joins when cameras aren’t around.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, leighroda said:

I seriously think the only reason they still have any contact with Carly is because Teresa had a soft spot for Catelynn, if it were just Tyler they probably would have cut it off a long time ago...but Catelynn is probably on thin ice too at this point, her comments aren’t quite as bad as Tyler’s, but the way I see it she’s complicit, she doesn’t seem to discourage it at all and probably joins when cameras aren’t around.

I totally agree with you and Teresa has always liked Catelynn but yeah lately Catelynn seems to be siding with Tyler and his opinions on the situations. I’ve always felt for Catelynn, I remember reading from people- possibly back on the twop forums- that it wasn’t her idea at first to do adoption.

And I’ve always felt that the show has made it hurt more for her, as I said a few pages back. Before they had Nova, they were coming to the reunions and seeing all the other moms with their kids and I can imagine it hurt for Cate to see that. And especially knowing that the show has gone on for years as we all have talked about it, no one thought that would be the case. It paints a different picture of what life could have been.

That said.. she definitely says things she shouldn’t as well and both she and Tyler keep saying my daughter/my child when Carly isn’t and wasn’t and hasn’t and won’t ever be.

Also I’m surprised they still are using it for a story on the show- wasn’t it last season that B&T didn’t even want their phone calls on the show and didn’t even want Carly to be mentioned on the show anymore? I remember Tyler and Butch having a “we just don’t understand, they signed up for this!” Talk where Tyler acted all disgruntled that B&T signed up for this when they adopted Carly and this show is his story and Carly is in his story or something. 

I mean.. I guess that next episode we won’t see the meet up but still I thought B&T put or tried to put a kabosh on Carly even being mentioned anymore on the show.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Check out this deleted scene:

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/go3eqm/teen-mom-deleted-scene-adoptive-parents

Catelynn would do anything for the biological parents of her hypothetical adopted child. To the moon and back. Bitch can’t even get off the couch and stop her other child from eating shit off the floor. 

Oh, when it comes to specifically allowing her hypothetical adopted kid to spend time with the birth parents, I absolutely believe her.

Hey birth mom? I am too depressed and stressed out to watch my adopted kid. How about you take over for a few days while I go relax in Hawaii? Do you want to babysit today too while I take a nap? Hey, while we are at it, our kid really threw a fit last time we went to Applebees and we couldn't enjoy our nachos and blooming onion rings in peace. Why don't you stay a little longer so we can run to dinner?

• Love 7

Do they understand Carly is a person?  She's not a gift.  She's an actual human being.  A human being that happens to have Cate, Tyler, April, and Butch DNA in her physical body.  How long until she sees this mess and her gut reaction is "you wanna talk shit about MY parents AND think that you own ME?  Haha watch this, I'll let you know where you stand..." 

Of course Carly won't be so be crass about it but I don't doubt the fierceness will still be there.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

Let me preface this by saying I do feel really badly for Larry and Jen. Whatever mistakes they made raising Ryan, the reality is their adult child is an addict and their options to help are so very limited. So, I do feel for them. That said, that interview makes it clear that Larry and Jen are not fully grasping the severity of a heroin addiction and are not taking any responsibility for anything, or putting any responsibility on Ryan.

When someone "uses" Bentley? WTF does that mean? Who is "using" Bentley? And Ryan didn't even both to see Bentley from like, 2014-2016 because he was generally sleeping off a bender, and now he's trying to say he's so distraught over the notion of someone using Bentley that he is forced to turn to drugs to cope?

Have you called her, Larry? Have you asked her what she needs from you to feel comfortable about Bentley coming over? Have you suggested an alternate plan, like meeting for lunch or at a park or coming to her house? Have you fucking APOLOGIZED for losing your damn mind at a kid's little league game and bullying Bentley? Have you acknowledged that it was wrong and thanked Taylor for coming to Bentley's aid? Have you maybe acknowledged that Mack's letter to Maci was way out of line, and you do not support her line of thinking at all? Or have you sat in your little man cave with an ever present beer can stewing about Maci being so mean without doing a thing to improve the situation?

The writer of the article concludes this:

This article to me proves the exact opposite, actually. It's just another version of Everything is Maci's Fault.

Completely agree with everything you said. This article annoyed me so much because it painted Larry and Jen as some kind of saints, which they are not.

I'm also annoyed to see the trigger talk again. If Ryan is triggered by something, that is on him. He has to learn through therapy how to deal with those triggers in a healthy way. It will take tons of hard work on Ryan's part. He will have to really have a true desire to get and stay clean. It is not anyone else's fault that what they are doing or how they are feeling triggers Ryan. These triggers are Ryan's issues to deal with.

God they are all using these triggers to blame everyone else for Ryan's drug addiction, when in reality, Ryan is responsible and Ryan alone. The sooner he realizes that and accepts full responsibility, the sooner he can start getting better. From all I've seen so far, I would bet every last dollar I have that he's already back on heroin or will be shortly. Maci is right to be concerned.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Have you called her, Larry? Have you asked her what she needs from you to feel comfortable about Bentley coming over? Have you suggested an alternate plan, like meeting for lunch or at a park or coming to her house? Have you fucking APOLOGIZED for losing your damn mind at a kid's little league game and bullying Bentley? Have you acknowledged that it was wrong and thanked Taylor for coming to Bentley's aid? Have you maybe acknowledged that Mack's letter to Maci was way out of line, and you do not support her line of thinking at all? Or have you sat in your little man cave with an ever present beer can stewing about Maci being so mean without doing a thing to improve the situation?

OMG SO MUCH THIS!!!!  This is why I'm giving Larry and Jen MAJOR side-eye this season.  They're doing the same damn thing Ryan and Mac are doing: trying to deflect and shift blame to Maci for their current situation.   It's infuriating.  Maci's actually being kinder to them than I would be at this point.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

God they are all using these triggers to blame everyone else for Ryan's drug addiction, when in reality, Ryan is responsible and Ryan alone...

Not only that, but Larry and Jen are responsible for Larry and Jen. Larry and Jen are responsible for enabling Ryan and giving into him to that point that Maci does not trust them to prioritize Bentley's safety over Ryan's "triggers". Larry is responsible for alienating Bentley and Taylor with his drunken temper tantrum. Larry and Jen are responsible for making (or not making) the necessary overtures to Maci in order to see Bentley. And Larry and Jen are responsible for the fallout that comes from badmouthing the mother of their grandchild on national TV, when said mother has 100% custody rights.

1 minute ago, lezlers said:

OMG SO MUCH THIS!!!!  This is why I'm giving Larry and Jen MAJOR side-eye this season.  They're doing the same damn thing Ryan and Mac are doing: trying to deflect and shift blame to Maci for their current situation.   It's infuriating.  Maci's actually being kinder to them than I would be at this point.

You know, it is actually having the unintended effect of maximizing Maci's popularity. Those that already liked her are furious at J&L for upsetting their idol, and those that don't like Maci (like me) are still forced to defend her because J&L are being such unreasonable assholes about the whole thing.

• Love 13
34 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Completely agree with everything you said. This article annoyed me so much because it painted Larry and Jen as some kind of saints, which they are not.

I'm also annoyed to see the trigger talk again. If Ryan is triggered by something, that is on him. He has to learn through therapy how to deal with those triggers in a healthy way. It will take tons of hard work on Ryan's part. He will have to really have a true desire to get and stay clean. It is not anyone else's fault that what they are doing or how they are feeling triggers Ryan. These triggers are Ryan's issues to deal with.

God they are all using these triggers to blame everyone else for Ryan's drug addiction, when in reality, Ryan is responsible and Ryan alone. The sooner he realizes that and accepts full responsibility, the sooner he can start getting better. From all I've seen so far, I would bet every last dollar I have that he's already back on heroin or will be shortly. Maci is right to be concerned.

It's been my experience that these drug rehabs do little to nothing about educating patients on personal responsibility. IMO that's a huge step towards getting and staying sober.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, LunaMia said:

Really? I don't know, from this screen grab it looks like there is insignia, the woman is also wearing a uniform.

Maybe she's private security or a state employee, but she is still is moron for texting and taking pictures of Amber of all people. 

Her arm patch seems to match this one:

patch.jpg

• Love 5

You know I do kind of feel bad for Jen. I understand that she really loves Ryan and just wants what's best for him. I'm sure after hearing that he's triggered by her crying, it makes her think his addiction is all her fault. I do wish the rehab counselors had made it really clear that just because Jen gets upset, it doesn't mean she is driving Ryan back to the drugs.  

Now if the parents in question were Butch and April, then yeah I could see placing some blame on them for raising an addict. And in a situation like that, having them acknowledge their faults and apologize for any abuse or neglect could really help the addict going forward. 

So if there was any abuse going on in the Edwards household, and I'm not saying there was, but if there was, I'm looking at you Larry and your temper, then it might be helpful for Larry to see that how he treated Ryan as a child might have contributed to his problem today. A heartfelt apology from Larry with an acknowledgement of wrong doing could really go a long way in helping Ryan. 

But again, when it comes down to it, Ryan is an adult. And as an adult he is responsible for his life and the choices he makes. He has to decide for himself if he wants to get better and if he's willing to do the work to get there. I would venture to guess that a lot of addicts (not all) but a lot of them probably had some bad home lifes. And I also bet that most of their parents are never able to come to any kind of self awareness of their actions or their failures as parents but that person gets better anyway because they want a better life for themselves and any children they may have. 

The sooner Ryan stops blaming everyone else and starts taking responsibility for himself, the better off he'll be. Of course that will be realllt hard for him to do with his parents enabling his every move. If his parents, including his hard ass dad, are backing him up and jumping on board this blame game, then how will Ryan ever come to the realization that his addiction is not anyone else's fault but his own? It's sad really. 

• Love 15
6 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

You know I do kind of feel bad for Jen. I understand that she really loves Ryan and just wants what's best for him. I'm sure after hearing that he's triggered by her crying, it makes her think his addiction is all her fault. I do wish the rehab counselors had made it really clear that just because Jen gets upset, it doesn't mean she is driving Ryan back to the drugs.  

Now if the parents in question were Butch and April, then yeah I could see placing some blame on them for raising an addict. And in a situation like that, having them acknowledge their faults and apologize for any abuse or neglect could really help the addict going forward. 

So if there was any abuse going on in the Edwards household, and I'm not saying there was, but if there was, I'm looking at you Larry and your temper, then it might be helpful for Larry to see that how he treated Ryan as a child might have contributed to his problem today. A heartfelt apology from Larry with an acknowledgement of wrong doing could really go a long way in helping Ryan. 

But again, when it comes down to it, Ryan is an adult. And as an adult he is responsible for his life and the choices he makes. He has to decide for himself if he wants to get better and if he's willing to do the work to get there. I would venture to guess that a lot of addicts (not all) but a lot of them probably had some bad home lifes. And I also bet that most of their parents are never able to come to any kind of self awareness of their actions or their failures as parents but that person gets better anyway because they want a better life for themselves and any children they may have. 

The sooner Ryan stops blaming everyone else and starts taking responsibility for himself, the better off he'll be. Of course that will be realllt hard for him to do with his parents enabling his every move. If his parents, including his hard ass dad, are backing him up and jumping on board this blame game, then how will Ryan ever come to the realization that his addiction is not anyone else's fault but his own? It's sad really. 

^^^So much this

• Love 2
3 hours ago, MissMel said:

Do they understand Carly is a person?  She's not a gift.  She's an actual human being.  A human being that happens to have Cate, Tyler, April, and Butch DNA in her physical body.  How long until she sees this mess and her gut reaction is "you wanna talk shit about MY parents AND think that you own ME?  Haha watch this, I'll let you know where you stand..." 

Of course Carly won't be so be crass about it but I don't doubt the fierceness will still be there.  

Yes! I can't wait for the day where Carly becomes a teenager and tells Catelynn and Tyler to F off...

• Love 14
On 12/19/2017 at 10:22 AM, AmandaUnbidden said:

I only have one comment because everyone already covered everything pretty well. How high was that cousin of Amber's?? She was high as a kite. And if this is who Amber is hanging out with now, then I question her sobriety as well. 

The local tweeker down the street from me that lives at the liquor store parking lot, looks more sober and put together then ambers "cousin".

Edited by JuliesMommy
  • Love 15
On 12/19/2017 at 10:49 AM, Brooklynista said:

I'm sure Farrah sold more butthole molds than Cate and Tyler sold of those fringed tanks crappys.

We can also compare that leah has probably sold out more seats for her "motivational speaking" assemblies, than C&T's fringed shit... jenelle sold out more JE lipsticks, than C&T fringed shit...TTM...etc.... sadly, i even think hautecouture is probably doing better than their shit too. 

On 12/19/2017 at 11:08 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

He's somehow gotten worse! It used to be "Bran'n'Treesa" but now it's devolved to Braintreeza. 

I'm not 100% on board with New Farrah™. She interrupts Michael literally every time he tries to speak, and very deliberately ignored his request for a hug when she returned from turning tricks overseas. Like others mentioned, she still negates/gaslights Sophia, and doesn't seem very aware of what fucking feral little weirdo the kid is turning into. If you love your daughter as much as you claim, shouldn't you be at least mildly invested in helping her not be a live-action Garbage Pail Kid?

Seriously love you for this!!! ^^^

• Love 5
On 12/19/2017 at 11:19 AM, Miasmomma said:

In all fairness, he did specifically mention the hair follicle test, which is used to be able to prevent users from cleaning up quickly for the test and that test does indeed continue to detect  heroin for 90 days so not a year but it could still be within the 90 day period since he got clean.

But he specifically said he went to get the follicle test because he knew any heroin detection could be blamed on the fact that the hair can't grow out the part when he was using for a while. Why didn't he also do the urine test at the same time? Because either he knew it would not came out clean or because that was what Macy was asking for him to do in order to be able to get Bentley for a visit and he couldn't care less about that. I suspect both. It is just very convenient excuse to give to his parents why he can't see Bentley. It's all because Macy wants him to show that he is clean but poor him cannot possibly prove that because the hair will show presence of heroin even if he is clean for 6 months. I get next time it will be 12 months and then 2 years. If he really wanted to see his kid he could do couple urine tests in few days apart plus the hair follicle test. Then he could get the visit easily. But Bentley is only a continuing storyline for him and Mackenzie and the chance to be on TV and getting a lot of money. I don't think that Ryan cares about the TV stuff that much (except it provided him with easy money for drugs) but his piece of shit new wife is probably pushing him to talk like he cares about his son just so they can stay on the show.  Mac just wants to be on TV and getting nice paycheck while doing nothing (except when she goes wedding dress shopping in Dallas. Why Dallas??? Because they will pay for plane trip for her and her friend, get her nice house to stay in and probably some cash for the dress.) She is milking this for everything she can. Now she even got her own kid on the payroll. She turned 180 from this nice caring girl to this opportunistic nasty snake. (Apology to the snakes.) I'm now 100% positive that she targeted Ryan as a way to get on Teen mom. From the way she rushed the wedding and how she was in the car on the way to wedding while he was driving high as a kite I would not put it behind her that she was probably actually helping him get the drugs. There is absolutely no way that she didn't know about it like she tried to paint at the reunion. The way she was pissed  at him in the car on the way to the wedding was because she didn't want his drug use to get out on tv. She wasn't scared of him crashing the car and killing someone, she was just pissed at him for getting high while filming. Any normal person would never let someone high like that to drive or would try to make them stop driving. But there was no hint of fear in her about crashing, she was just really mad that they will be late for the wedding and that she will have to do some damage control because Ryan driving high will be seen. That's why she said "you took xanax" before ripping the camera off. I think she is up there with Matt - nasty, opportunistic grifter and scammer. She played the role of caring mature woman who took care of Ryan but it was just like Matt pretending he cared about Amber. They both carefully crafted their image and their stories, trying to control the situations to their benefits except Matt had too much baggage and it started to come out. We have seen both dropping their masks for a bit and revealing their true self and intentions (Matt at Amber's friends wedding in Vegas). They are both one of the most despicable and horrible people on TV (and I have a lot to compare since I also watch 90 day fiancee and other reality shows).

• Love 10
4 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

This article annoyed me so much because it painted Larry and Jen as some kind of saints

Which is precisely why Jen shared it on twitter. @@

I don’t, for half a second, believe Ryan’s addictive behavior is triggered by Jen crying or people “using” Bentley. That would have to mean he somehow really is sensitive to them and loves them the way grown ups do .... selflessly sometimes, at least. These people are delusional. Ryan has ALWAYS been all about Ryan.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, LunaMia said:

IMG_3931.PNG.16750a180718b505a408553dee1faa90.PNGIMG_3929.PNG.b6b477acdf6509e4cdb25c83c3af64d1.PNG

WOW. My bad. I missed it. It seemed a lot more blurry when I was watching and I did NOT notice that uniform at all. I thought I saw sweats!!! 

Thanks for correcting me. And, wow, yea maybe that officer needs to be re-evaluated if she's taking pics while driving. 

6 hours ago, Tatum said:

When someone "uses" Bentley? WTF does that mean? Who is "using" Bentley?

The only person using Bentley, IMO, is Mackenzie. So that might explain things if he's still using. He's living with his biggest "trigger". 

• Love 7

Jen and Larry enable and coddle Ryan to the point where they have zero credibility regarding Ryan’s deterioated state and/or their own angst about visitation with Bentley. So Ryan stole from Larry to feed his heroin habit, and Larry said that he wouldn’t piss on him if he was on fire and kicked him out..... but then they set him up in a lakehouse free of charge?!?  Well I guess Larry showed him.  That's just one example that led to Ryan's extreme arrested development.  Jen and Larry’s parenting style prevented Ryan from achieving any independence whatsoever.  They really did him a disservice because they solved all of his problems throughout his life and prevented him from learning how to problem solve on his own.   Ex. "Oh, you're going to be a father?  Don't worry, we'll raise your kid so that you don't have to face the responsibility of being a parent - ever.  It will be like we're Bentley's parents and you can keep on doing nothing."  Let's not forget Ryan's exasperated rant to Jen: "Can you believe Maci and Taylor make Bentley do chores?!  I couldn't imagine you would make me do that."  Right...because god forbid, you might have ended up a productive member of society instead of an irresponsible junkie bum.

Jen and Larry don't get to complain that there is nothing that they can do when they are actually intentionally assisting Ryan in avoiding life's responsibilities.  Throughout all of this, Ryan didn't develop the two most important skills in life:  being self-sufficient and resourceful.  If you have those skills, the sky is the limit even without an academic education.   

For Ryan's part, it is inexplicable to me that he has lingering dad issues from Larry's temper but chooses to stay living with his parents!  Here's a novel idea, get a job and move out asap.  In fact, he does get paid from the show, so he should have moved out long ago.  I don't think he strategically stayed living with his folks to have them on the tv show, so it doesn't make sense....... until I'm reminded that he doesn't have the life skills to live on his own because of Jen and Larry's parenting...and we come full circle.  I suppose he stayed with them so that they could clean and cook for him and more easily handle his visitation responsibilities with Bentley while he was at the bank.  

It's a codependent mess that amounts to a big bowl of wrong.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

This is my issue with the whole “triggered” thing... I hope this doesn’t come off completely insensitive because I do understand that being triggered is a true issue and I’m really not completely dismissing it... that being said I am so tired of people complaining about being triggered without doing anything themselves to remedy the situation. Dumb example but I gave up Dr Pepper a few months ago... my love for Dr Pepper was deep and real, but unfortunately so were the pounds it caused me to retain, so it wasn’t the easiest break up. When I see someone drinking an ice cold can it hurts my heart a little bit, one could say I’m “triggered”, but that’s MY problem, I don’t expect my friends to give up Dr Pepper simply because I did, they shouldn’t have to alter their behavior because of my hang up. 

Obviously drinking/drugs is a much different issue, and I do think it’s best to consider others if you have a friend who struggles, my point is just that you can’t blame everyone else... even if Maci makes Ryan crazy (which I don’t doubt, I’m sure she’s not a picnic to deal with) at the end of the day how Ryan handles it is his issue, if he chooses an unhealthy coping mechanism that’s still his problem and he has to take some responsibility for that.

• Love 10
On 12/21/2017 at 10:52 AM, CaughtOnTape said:

I really have no problems whatsoever with Maci keeping Bentley from Ryan and his parents or her reasoning for doing so.  Whether it's passive aggressive or not, the fact remains that NO ONE around Ryan had enough balls to stand up and tell him to knock his shit off and put his ass in time out.  Maci has good reason to keep him from all of them.  For Christ's sake, he was driving a car with his new wife next to him while he was high off of his ass and Mackenzie didn't say a single word about it.  She barely seemed alarmed save for the one time she nudged his arm.  Don't tell me Jen and Larry didn't know that was happening.  None of them cared enough to keep him out of a car and Maci has verifiable proof of it.  They all sure as shit better work their asses off and kiss her ass to make her feel comfortable because if I ever saw that happen it would be a cold day in hell before any of them were allowed to be alone with my kid.  They have not shown themselves to be good decision makers and Ryan's comfort was more important than his well-being.  Would any of them have stopped Bentley from getting into the car with him that day?  If I were Maci that's the question I would be asking.  Because no one stopped him from driving that day and Mackenzie got into the car knowing full well he was high off his ass during their wedding.  

Honestly?  If any of them gave me a bit of attitude for that, I sure as hell would be in a courtroom limiting their time with him and making damn sure they had to show someone they were taking steps to make better decisions.  Is she the greatest mother?  She has some issues.  But she has never put Bentley in that kind of danger or any kind of danger that I can remember.  

She texts while driving with Bentley in the car. And drinks constantly.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She texts while driving with Bentley in the car. And drinks constantly.

How do we know she drinks constantly?  If I went by what I saw on my own social media accounts, I'd think half of the women I know are problem drinkers because of the constant wine references.  I'm not saying she doesn't drink or even she doesn't drink too much sometimes.  But I'm not sure we know enough to call her an alcoholic or someone who constantly is drinking alcohol. 

• Love 15
58 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

How do we know she drinks constantly?  If I went by what I saw on my own social media accounts, I'd think half of the women I know are problem drinkers because of the constant wine references.  I'm not saying she doesn't drink or even she doesn't drink too much sometimes.  But I'm not sure we know enough to call her an alcoholic or someone who constantly is drinking alcohol. 

Thank you for saying that.  I think Mack is doing a good job with her little family.  Some people see one picture or one off remark and run with it like it's fact.

Bentley loves his mom.  I love watching them during their alone time and also love his giggle!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Thank you for saying that.  I think Mack is doing a good job with her little family.  Some people see one picture or one off remark and run with it like it's fact.

Bentley loves his mom.  I love watching them during their alone time and also love his giggle!

You do mean Maci  not Mack right?

That monologue by Larry was another thing that cemented my view that Maci is doing the right thing.  First with Bentley, or using Bentley, being a trigger they have already made up the excuse of why is ok for Ryan to be high around him.  Second Larry stated several times that RYAN is their everything.  Jen nodded along with this. There was no correction of Ryan AND Bentley are our everything. That to me shows Ryan will ALWAYS come before Bentley with them.  I've been a foster parent and seen the devastating effect this level of enabling can cause.  I've seen DCS remove children from grandparents who have them because they constantly violate the state's custody agreement in order to enable their addict kid. Maci in my opinion is 100% in the right to not allow him to go over there. Now if they can place nice with her and meet at her house or a neutral meeting place that would be different but they don't seem to want to do that. It's much easier to sit around and bitch about how evil Maci is while doing absolutely nothing to try and remedy the situation. 

Edited by mscav
  • Love 8
On 12/21/2017 at 11:25 PM, leighroda said:

ink the only reason they still have any contact with Carly is because Teresa had a soft spot for Catelynn, if it were just Tyler they probably would have cut it off a long time ago...but Catelynn is probably on thin ice too at this point, her comments aren’t quite as bad as Tyler’s, but the way I see it she’s complicit, she doesn’t seem to discourage it at all and probably joins when cameras aren’t

I think this has alot to do with Caitlyn's recent breakdown.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

When you're drinking when you're pregnant (and trying to hide the pregnancy) you're an alcoholic.

Yep I said it and I stand by it.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

When you're drinking when you're pregnant (and trying to hide the pregnancy) you're an alcoholic.

I wouldn't use her drinking one or two times while she was pregnant to diagnose her as an alcoholic. We don't know how much of this show is scripted but if she was showing, then she certainly would be in her second trimester. A lot of women in Europe will have a drink occasionally while pregnant and they are not all alcoholics. I personally think no alcohol is safer but it is even debated by Dr's, which we are not.

Not a huge Maci fan but I think she has done a great job raising Bentley. He is polite, does well in school and sports which requires a lot of parental time and money. Wish she would stop with the ears and tats too.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

I am not a Maci apologist because I honestly don’t respect any of these people for selling out the privacy of their kids.

But I thought the story was she did not realize she was pregnant? I have known women who drank (I am talking educated, degreed professionals who are very good mothers) who drank not knowing they were pregnant. One did not realize because she spotted some early in her pregnancy and thought it was just a light period. She was shocked to find out about 13 weeks in that she was pregnant with her second.

And she had been drinking in the earliest weeks of her pregnancy. I am not talking about alcoholic levels but a casual, social drinker who had some wine and margaritas throughout the first 2-3 months of pregnancy. There really was not social media then except for MySpace. lol. But if her circumstances were happening today, I am sure people could look at her Instagram, do the math, and castigate her for drinking while pregnant. (Her child is fine - does very well in school. I am guessing she drank no more than our mothers did when pregnant with us.)

• Love 1

I don't know if you watch the show closely, but it is very obvious to me that Maci has serious issues with alcohol. You can look at her and see how unhealthy she is. I grew up around people like that and can spot an alcoholic a mile away. When you grow up like me it's not hard to spot.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, hudsbee said:

I wouldn't use her drinking one or two times while she was pregnant to diagnose her as an alcoholic. We don't know how much of this show is scripted but if she was showing, then she certainly would be in her second trimester. A lot of women in Europe will have a drink occasionally while pregnant and they are not all alcoholics. I personally think no alcohol is safer but it is even debated by Dr's, which we are not.

Not a huge Maci fan but I think she has done a great job raising Bentley. He is polite, does well in school and sports which requires a lot of parental time and money. Wish she would stop with the ears and tats too.

Maci was binge drinking (drinking to become intoxicated) well into her second trimester with Maverick. I also call BS on her not knowing she was pregnant more than 20weeks into the pregnancy. This is not the scenario of a woman who enjoyed some social drinking before she knew she was pregnant, or had a drink or two during a special occasion throughout her pregnancy. 

I do think Maci has issues with alcohol- she is an alcoholic I cannot say, but I think it’s something she needs to watch. 

• Love 8

I grew up with both parents who were alcoholics and the only thing I notice is they do seem to have Bud Light around a lot but I know a lot of people who drink more than me who I don’t think have a problem with it.  (I do not drink a lot mysef, in large part to having alcoholic parents, who I still consider to be very good, loving parents. They were not Intervention stage but I used to go dump out the gin at night so definitely a problem. Lest anyone think I am taking Maci’s situation too personally. I might have 3-4 drinks a month. lol And never while pregnant or even trying to conceive.)

I also do not seem to notice it as much anymore. Maybe they hide it better after getting grief. She does need to be aware, though, that if Bentley has addiction issues on both sides of his family, she needs to keep her shit in check. That is all she can control as far as using or drinking.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Maci was binge drinking (drinking to become intoxicated) well into her second trimester with Maverick. 

Based on what - social media posts? (Not being difficult - I have always just heard the rumors and never saw proof but I was not looking for it, either, so it very well could be out there.)

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Based on what - social media posts? (Not being difficult - I have always just heard the rumors and never saw proof but I was not looking for it, either, so it very well could be out there.)

No I never thought you were being difficult. 

Not just social media posts (like a photo of a drink) but Maci’s own comments about her lack of sobriety and how much she had to drink in these posts when she was in her second trimester with Maverick (before there was an official statement that she was pregnant). I don’t have the screenshots but along the lines of “oh it was such a rough night, we got wasted”- stuff like that. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kb60 said:

I don't know if you watch the show closely, but it is very obvious to me that Maci has serious issues with alcohol. You can look at her and see how unhealthy she is. I grew up around people like that and can spot an alcoholic a mile away. When you grow up like me it's not hard to spot.

Ok that's a bit of a stretch.  How does she look unhealthy?  Because she's super thin?  That's her body type.  Because she has bad skin?  Lots of people that don't partake in any substances have bad skin.  Just like the people claiming Ryan is obviously high in those wedding pics (when you can't even see his face), I think people see what they want to see. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hudsbee said:

3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I am not a Maci apologist because I honestly don’t respect any of these people for selling out the privacy of their kids.

But I thought the story was she did not realize she was pregnant? I have known women who drank (I am talking educated, degreed professionals who are very good mothers) who drank not knowing they were pregnant. One did not realize because she spotted some early in her pregnancy and thought it was just a light period. She was shocked to find out about 13 weeks in that she was pregnant with her second.

And she had been drinking in the earliest weeks of her pregnancy. I am not talking about alcoholic levels but a casual, social drinker who had some wine and margaritas throughout the first 2-3 months of pregnancy. There really was not social media then except for MySpace. lol. But if her circumstances were happening today, I am sure people could look at her Instagram, do the math, and castigate her for drinking while pregnant. (Her child is fine - does very well in school. I am guessing she drank no more than our mothers did when pregnant with us.)

2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Well we all look through our own eyes and see different worlds. Nothing will convince me that this woman doesn't have a problem. I am an opiate addict and my daughter just graduated with her Master's Degree. Unsure what that has to do with anything. 

Not trying to be difficult.

• Love 4