Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Rescue Me

• Start Topic

She asks her mom about her sex life and when mom says the words "my right hand," Whitney is SHOCKED AND APPALLED AND "MOOOOOM OMG WHY ARE YOU SAYING THIS" and I just want her to shut the FUCK up, holy shit, stop asking questions you don't want the fucking answer to. Pardon my French. This is how fucking annoying it is.

Whitney talking about how she pees on herself is so disgusting. Also childbirth does NOT necessarily ruin someone's bladder control. I did my Kegels religiously and have no issues. Of course Kegels are an exercise, technically, and we know how Whitney feels about THAT.

• Love 17

It's such a weird thing, but the continuity involving Whit and her dizziness/fainting associated with specific dance scenes is just odd and I don't know the purpose of it. What I mean is this. Back a few seasons when she had the fainting spell during the danceathon, Whit was seen heading over and sitting down on a chair by some kind of metal pole and a couple of tables with pictures on them. But in the very next moment, when we were supposed to think that Whit then fell off that same chair, she had clearly moved to another entirely different chair and fell off that one. I noticed it because you can see that first, she's on one side of the pole and table, but then in the next moment she's on the opposite side of the pole and the opposite side of the table.  This episode, the same kind of thing happens. Whit wears a shirt that says "Running Late Is My Cardio." She starts the class with it pulled fully down to her waist. She does some dancing. Todd does his thing. Then they get the part where Todd asks Whit if she has any questions and brings up the concept of her "situations." Whit starts pacing back and forth. With the next cut, she's got the shirt tucked up under her breasts so that all you can see if "Running Late Is" and the top half of "My." She leaves the studio with both hands empty, walks through the small waiting room outside the studio, still with empty hands and we can see the parking lot outside the door. Cut back to Todd for a second, then cut back to Whit, who suddenly is exiting the waiting room out to the parking lot, but having mysteriously acquired a cellphone in her left hand which you can see her holding as she goes through the door. (I don't have any reason to think she picked it up from the waiting room, since where would it have been? Just sitting out on a table somewhere?) The puzzlement continues in the preview for the next episode, because even though Whit clearly gets into the car with her phone in hand, she is holding no phone when she starts gesturing with both hands.

In my opinion, the editing on this show is, either intentionally or not, incorporating rehearsal footage with the final scenes, and basically cementing the whole FAKE FAKE FAKE premise.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, auntjess said:

The scene I saw, FM and others were doing acrobatic things, going down to the floor, and Whit's there doing what Whit does when she dances "dances."

Fixed it for ya! :)

• Love 6

WHITNEY!!!  I hope after you have read everything here from last night, you will come to the conclusion that your 15 minutes of fame has run its course, and you will fade back to where you once began.  I hope you binge watch your entire seasons and see the error of your ways.  I don't think anyone wants to watch you cry or laugh or talk about sex or think your in love with some guy who doesn't even exist anymore. We've all caught onto your pity party and your fake injuries.  It's funny how you fake an injury right before a huge dance a thon, and then you tell your BGDC that they should be dancing for an old folks home because they don't know how to dance.  OUCH.   I'm a writer, so perhaps I can write about how we would love for your life to turn out.  Perhaps a positive role model that's turned her life around after binge watching her show and realizing that you do have worth and you do live a fabulous life if you would stop manipulating everyone in your life, and see how lucky you really are by having so many people who loves you in spite of how you've treated them in the past, especially Todd.  You need to get on your knees before Todd and beg his forgiveness on how you've treated him since high school.  We all don't know what you will be doing after your show stops, because you will be too big to get out of bed, let alone get a 9-5 job.  You will move back to your parents house and you will never be heard of again.  Sorry if this is harsh, but reality is a harsh mistress.  Good luck Whitney

• Love 10
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

It’s more common to bury the placenta in the yard but yes, some people eat it. However it is almost always the mother who consumes it.  The theory being it replaces nutrients and can ward off postpartum depression. But the BIRTh COACH doesn’t eat it and as far as I know, no one looks forward to smelling it!!

Yeah, only Whit would come up with the smelly thing. Honestly, why she loves to smell cat breath.  lol  It's definitely a mystery.  

I do wonder about the freak out scene.  I wonder if it's Conversion Disorder.  I know someone who has very similar symptoms.  It's based on anxiety.  After a few trips to the ER where there is nothing really found to be a problem, they may refer her to a psychiatrist.  (I'm not kidding.) I know that she's seen a counselor before, right?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1

I wonder what the hell makes Whitney think that Avi is going to marry her. She has SAID that he won't call her his girlfriend (although he says "I love you?" I doubt that, Whit.), and she has SAID that he is commitment-phobic. This is part of why I believe this is so ridiculously fake. But if Whitney really felt this way about this guy, she is even dumber than I ever previously thought. Watching this, and seeing how patently obvious it is that Avi ain't into Whitney, I am astonished that the NitWhits think this is genuine.

• Love 10

I'm truly just hate-watching this at this point. When so much of your reality show is you on the phone- your life is boring as fuck. I fast-forwarded past all of the phone scenes as well as most of the pregnancy stuff, the less I know about eating placenta the better. The part where pregnant friend said Whit couldn't make her labor all about Whit which was funny and apt as well as her mental hospital comment.  Is that Ashley? If I have the right friend, she is my favorite now.  Buddy and his ex girlfriend- more boring awkwardness, and how can a reasonably smart and attractive woman be interested in maintaining a relationship with that loser blob Buddy?

The family dinner was somewhat entertaining, I could watch the brother's facial expressions at Whitney for a full hour, and her dad cracks me up. Otherwise watching to see Whit get dumped- which ofc the producers KNOW we are all waiting for so it was just a tease so far. The best thing about this show is that it keeps me away from ice cream and cake and in the gym!

• Love 14

Doesn't she wear her flip-flops in that 5K race in Hawaii?  Why is she so stupid???

17 minutes ago, Kickboxer said:

The best thing about this show is that it keeps me away from ice cream and cake and in the gym!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............

• Love 4

You would think if they are going to manufacture storylines, that they could come up with better ones.  Guess the writers don’t give a shit or the have hired the third string.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tdanaher said:

n my opinion, the editing on this show is, either intentionally or not, incorporating rehearsal footage with the final scenes, and basically cementing the whole FAKE FAKE FAKE premise.

Her talking heads at the motel, and at home, seem to be in the same room.
Had I known that the wedding gown scene was a teaser not from this episode, I'd have skipped the whole thing.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 3

Watching her talk about smells, her obsession with men, and rolling around with her stomach showing makes me want to go all Edna Mode on her and yell "Pull! Yourself! Together!" Have some self respect and reflect on what how you affect others. Plenty of large women aren't this gross, or at least have the decency to not show it in front of family, friends, and national TV cameras. She needs some serious therapy about boundaries and appropriateness for professional and personal situations. 

• Love 9

You know, the more I think of Whit's Buddhism, the more aggravated I get. While I only know 2 people who converted, I have known many 'born' Buddhists, usually people from Thailand. They have been some of the nicest people I've ever met. They think about others, they are self-effacing, they have a service mindset, they are happy.  Whit is none of these things.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

Yep, she wants to smell the placenta. And she asked about consuming it. She'll eat anything. 

She has got to know that, being her size, the inference that people will make from that comment. She’s a role model all right. She IS the stereotype that all people who are overweight have to fight against when people think they are lazy, will eat anything that does not move, and are not fit or able to take care of themselves.   I said overweight not morbidly obese. If you are morbidly obese,  you do lose the ability to take care of yourself.  That is a matter of physics not laziness.

20 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

They are just all taking little mini-pot-shots at here this episode!!! First Babs with the "pea brain" comment and now Ashley!!! Bwahhhahhhahhaaaaaa!!!!!

Not to mention Todd.  He was talking about a piece of choreography and said this is something that even Whitney could keep up with. I think that’s the comment that sent her over the edge.  If this is scripted, she is letting herself be belittled. But evidently, when a paycheck is behind it, she does not perceive it as being bullied.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I am thoroughly enjoying watching Todd throw Shitney under the bus and not putting up with her crap. I only wish he didn't go with Tal to pick up Shitney. Tal is a really sweet guy. Much too sweet to be friends with that self absorbed cow. 

Amen!!!!

• Love 4

Wait. She is studying to become Jewish? No. No no no no no no no. NO. This woman does things on impulse and this is one of them, not to mention she's treating it like a joke. Glad I know the whole Avi thing never happens--she'll drop the Jewish studies real quick, thank goodness. There's a reason they make it hard for potential converts, and we all know she'd find a reason it doesn't work for her (sigh of relief).

And, she'd have to FAST on certain days. 

• Love 11

Oh man, that "ice cream social".  Lemme tell you, I would have gone to the supermarket and get some delicious high-end, NON-BUCKET ice cream and spare my ass the monstrous embarrassment of that party.  I think it's a great thing that Whitney has ::deep, pensive breath:: allowed ice cream back in her life.  Goodness knows she needs it and it's a necessity in her life.  I just cannot.  The barnacles are actual children.  No ice cream is so good that I'd put up with seeing my ex and sitting on a couch with him while he stuffs his face.  I get the vibe, and I might be completely wrong, that Heather probably thought that she was throwing old Buddy a bone by dating him.  I totally sensed that "stank" voice that he had been talking about with Whitney.  Break-up.  It happens.  Good God.  

Speaking of God, she is so glib and flippant about religion that it's ridiculous.  This storyline needs to GO.  Jew-bu my foot.  Also, bullshit about going without bacon.  Bitch, please.  Are placentas kosher?

Her family is over it.  Pea-brain?  Whitney never does anything right?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Hunter was turning purple at that dinner.  

Also, I'm only about 15 minutes into the new hour and the tomfuckery is at a 10.  

9 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

WHAT DOES SHE EVEN HAVE TO ATONE FOR?  SHE HAS PCOS!!!!!   DOES SHE HAVE TO FAST IF SHE IS PERFECT?

...sorry for yelling.  :P

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

Oh she’d find ways to not have to fast, believe me. She’d get a doctor to say she had an illness that prohibited fasting. Like diabetes. 

I cant wait for the “break up” scene when Avi disappears. 

Me too. I can't believe a rabbi is willing to start her conversion. Must be a lie. She couldn't handle it; it's too much work and takes at least a year, often more. 

That chicken she was eating after her announcement? Sorry Whitney, can't have it. Not kosher. And even if it is, can't have it with dairy. How about 2 sets of plates, Whitney? Oh, and no to cheeseburgers, pizza with meat, lobster, shrimp, certain additives, no work or turning lights on and off on Shabbat, the list goes on and on. 

Yeah I'm Jewish and loathe that this woman thinks she "could be, maybe". Get out. "Maybe" means NO.

• Love 14

Ok, final comment having just finished the episode: I love watching her feel slighted--enter the stomp-off, crying, pacing, and "something's wrong I need hospital." Sign of someone who just can't handle life. And she accuses Todd of letting the class go to HIS head? Why does he put up with her? She treats him like crap, it's about time he serve some back!

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, auntjess said:

But, but...did we not see her without shoes on many occasions, I think at her party for her parents, and also, one of the season wrap-ups, where she sits on a couch?

I just Googled Images for Twit dancing and her classes....there are multiple pics of her dancing barefoot AND members of her class in bare feet.  This is such BS

• Love 6
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney talking about how she pees on herself is so disgusting. Also childbirth does NOT necessarily ruin someone's bladder control. I did my Kegels religiously and have no issues. Of course Kegels are an exercise, technically, and we know how Whitney feels about THAT.

I m 63 years old, drink alot of water and tea,  and need to use the restroom regularly so my bladder doesnt get too full to  leaking--sneezing will do it, but only if I'm too full--which I guard against.  No Depends for me as. Long as I can help it.

But NO, childbirth doesn't automatically weaken your bladder control;  if the baby is pressing on your bladder while in the womb,  then it causes you to need to pee more often, of course. 

When a youngish woman, who has never had kids,  said she pees on herself all the time.....that's a PROBLEM. Another thing she can blame on PCOS.

Obesity, like Twit, is s bitch.

• Love 11

Also, Todd is such a bitchy little baby. But I sure as heck would not have wanted to share that full-size hotel bed (that was not even a queen size!!) with Whitney. It looked like she was already taking over 3/4 of it when they first got into in the room. 

Yes, Todd does have reason to be mad at Whit, but he went overboard with his whining in NY.

I felt a lot of schadenfreude when Whitney was told that nope the radio station did not have a job for her. You know darn well she was assuming that she was so fantastic they would keep her on. Hahahahaha!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I wonder what the hell makes Whitney think that Avi is going to marry her. She has SAID that he won't call her his girlfriend (although he says "I love you?" I doubt that, Whit.), and she has SAID that he is commitment-phobic. This is part of why I believe this is so ridiculously fake. But if Whitney really felt this way about this guy, she is even dumber than I ever previously thought. Watching this, and seeing how patently obvious it is that Avi ain't into Whitney, I am astonished that the NitWhits think this is genuine.

I think this Avi guy sounds just like Lennie.  Lennie only said about 5 words in the entire show.  She stalks him at 3:00 in the morning, and when he's not home, she calls him ten times.  Yeah Whit, he's not really that into you.  You are just making up these fantasy men in your life so you can feel loved.  That's what Maney said on Kiss95.1 that you are a serial stalker.  You said that you thought you had Roy in the bag.  Roy was your boss!  

If she's been seeing this Avi guy for the past 6 months, then she's been cheating on Lennie, but wait, how can you cheat on someone that's not real.  

Bangs head on wall........

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I can't believe a rabbi is willing to start her conversion. Must be a lie. She couldn't handle it; it's too much work and takes at least a year, often more. 

Agree 100%   First thing I thought of last night was there is no way any rabbi would accept her. She would be turned down.

Other than that, all I can say is that she is truly a horrible person.

• Love 5

And we finally see her being carted away by her ever-faithful barnacle Tal to . . . . which hospital?

Heather's question has been cited before but I find the fact that she thought to ask "To the mental hospital or the regular hospital" to be telling as well as hilarious.  I mean how many people in the real world would  be asked that when they said that they needed to go to the hospital?

• Love 14

She could not keep up with the other dancers because they were "ten years younger than her" and "professional dancers" She left out the part about them being 400 POUNDS LIGHTER THAN SHE IS! That is the real problem. I hate when 30 somethings use their advanced age as an excuse. As an athlete from age 25-60 I was by far my strongest at age 38-39-40-41. I did not feel a decline from aging until I hit about 53 years old then everything pretty much went kaput.

She looked okay to me at 320 pounds, like I could understand her message then: I'm fat but I move around and dance and can have a good life, don't judge me.

Now at what looks like 450 pounds, she just looks like she is in terrible pain and cannot move at all. I feel sorry for her that she got to this state. Her message does not work anymore. I want to say: Hey Girl, I am trying NOT to judge you, but you are so so so unhealthy and in so much pain and are going to die. 

• Love 15
51 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Ah, the fabulous life of Whitney Thore! 

Thank you so much for the play by play recap.  I don't have cable so I've been reading everyone's commentaries.  I'm not surprised.  She's doing the same thing she's done in other episodes only with different characters.  Way to go Todd...

and thanks again for the good commentary!!

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, PityFree said:

You know darn well she was assuming that she was so fantastic they would keep her on. Hahahahaha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She's extremely delusional because how can she think for one moment that this radio show wanted to keep her as an intern or employee?  The first day on the job she smelled Roy, who happened to be her boss's arm pits!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will never forget that.  And why did she think Roy liked her is beyond me.  She failed miserably in the interview, and when she wanted to come back after the internship was over, and said she'd do anything, she showed MRL her sweat from her forehead.  She said she was sweating badly and showed them her sweat.  She acted nothing but professional in that job, so what makes her think they'd want her back?  Maney said they did NOT get even a penny for being on her show.  She just wants me to start cussing like a sailor.....

• Love 4

Am I the only one that think Avi isn’t real? If Whitney had such a perfect boyfriend she would make sure everyone saw him with her. She would be making out in front of everyone with Avi instead of with the cat. No one she knows has met him? She and buddy live in the same house, how has Avi not come over while Buddy is there? Could they not find someone willing to play the boyfriend an easy paycheck? I always assumed last season’s boyfriend was fake because he showed no interest in Whitney. 

I think a dance class with Todd would be fun because he seems like he would be willing to try things the students suggest and he seems to really enjoy the classes. For Whitney, it can only be her way or no way. We have seen this in past seasons. Another thing is that everything with Whitney seems to be about being fat. I get that’s the point of the show but maybe people in the dance class just want to exercise and have fun without hearing this is how you do it if you are fat or this is for all the fat girls. Maybe Todd just lets them have fun without pointing out they may be overweight, which they already know. Weight is really Whitney’s only identify. If she can’t talk about her weight, or sex, I am not sure there is anything else for her to talk about. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, calpurnia99 said:

She could not keep up with the other dancers because they were "ten years younger than her" and "professional dancers.”

The irony is, I thought she considers herself to be a professional dancer. We are always hearing about her dance career.

By the way, she keeps saying she invented big girl dance class. Richard Simmons invented big girls dance class. And, unlike her, he made the people in his class move and get a workout and plenty of those people lost a lot of weight from doing his classes and buying his DVDs and doing the classes from home. So, this idea which is no longer even real with her, was not invented by her. 

Edited by Kid
  • Love 11

I want to "weigh in" about this episode with a few random thoughts. (Apologies if I repeat a point someone else has already made.)
? The only realistic scene was Twit wallowing on her bed gorging on pork rinds. I'm sure that's a common occurrence in her real life. No acting needed.
? As I noted in another thread, Daliana's studio has a big sign on the wall saying DANCE WITH YOUR SHOES OFF. Because that's a belly dancing thing? Or sneakers like Twit "dances" in will damage her floor? Or it's a freeing, creative thing? Whatever, Todd was just having BGDC do what Daliana requested.
? "I'm not a quitter." Oh, please, you've made that statement a half-dozen times after you've quit doing something, such as working on losing weight.
? Twit left drunken Buddy to care for her cats for a year? Yeah, right.
? Even the Nit-Whits realize by now that BGDC is totally fake. But say for a moment it's real. It meets once a week. The fee is $5. It usually draws about 12 participants. So, we are supposed to believe Twit & Todd are fiercely arguing over a job that pays $60/week, less studio rent? C'mon, scriptwriters.
? Since Avi is in IN & so was Twit, why is the fake love affair in Greensboro?
? Ever notice how often Twit forces poor, gay Todd view her cooch? No wonder he's "passive aggressive."
? Of course, Avi is a fat fetishist. Seeking out desperate, sexually frustrated morbidly obese women is the textbook definition.
? Regarding Buddy's tats: looks like he's working toward full sleeves.
? So Twit is practicing her new signature, planning where she & Avi will live and how many kids they will have -- shouldn't she also get him to sign her high school yearbook?
? "It can't be about you [as labor coach]." Ashley sure knows our gal Twit! It reminds me of a comment Babs once made about Twit always expecting applause.
? Babs said, "I'm not interested in your sex life." Me neither, Twit.
? "Commitment phobe" translates as "I'm just not that into you."
? Those Realtor.com "Not-You" ads really suck. That's the best TLC can get for MBFFL?
? Anyone else realize Twit has a new car becuz she can no longer climb up into her massive SUV? (Maybe not, unless you, too, once weighed close to 400 #s.)
? I cannot understand Twit's fixation with her belly. She frequently tucks a tee shirt into her bra to expose herself. She even tucked her cruise Torrid tankini up under her breasts. Why?
? The episode was named "Rescue Me." It should have been "Deliver Me." And I do mean ME.
? My assessment of the episode: boring & tedious. Why? Becuz Twit is now so physically disabled that she can barely move, so it's all talking. Talking in bed. Talking in various cars. Talking on the phone. Sitting on the couch talking. Sitting at a picnic bench talking. Talking ad nauseum to Buddy about Heather & Heather about Buddy. The most movement was when Twit was walking in circles in the parking lot & that had to be filmed in several takes so she could rest. And Twit, you ain't got much to say that's particularly interesting or entertaining. Worst. Episode. Ever. That's saying a lot, considering how bad many have been.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 24

We'll have to get Nev & Max from Catfish on the job.
That actually would be pretty funny, because MTV would pay for the row of plane seats, and they'd show up at his house, with Whit & camera crew.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, shouldbedancing said:

delulu

I'm stealing and working into conversation at EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY. LOVE!!! 

And I TOTALLY agree - Todd is the best frenemy ever! Now HE is fabulous (with little slips into less-than-fabulousness now and then). 

• Love 2

You can bet that Twit and Avi’s “dating” (if he even exists), consisted entirely of him phoning her up for booty calls. No movies. No walks on the beach at sunset. No bowling or long talks about life and love. Sex only. And no sleep overs. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Wait. She is studying to become Jewish? No. No no no no no no no. NO. This woman does things on impulse and this is one of them, not to mention she's treating it like a joke. Glad I know the whole Avi thing never happens--she'll drop the Jewish studies real quick, thank goodness. There's a reason they make it hard for potential converts, and we all know she'd find a reason it doesn't work for her (sigh of relief).

My Reform Rabbi didn't do this, but I believe Orthodox are compelled to say 'no' to the would-be convert 3 times, to make sure the person is serious. Also, even going through the Reform conversion process, I was supposed to go to the major holiday services, I sent my son to Sunday school, the two of us went to Sabbath services maybe 1-2x a month (and when I started, he was a little kid, I didn't have a car, and it was quite a struggle sometimes). I had people tell me I was converting just to make more money. I had a Jewish client whose husband's attorney actually said in court, "You know how money-hungry Jewish women are, Your Honor." Yep.  Me being black (albeit of the high yellow variety), I guess he thought he was safe saying that crap and I had to call him out in court for it. It wasn't always an easy road. I can't see Whit doing it once Avi is not in the picture.

Fasting... yeah. Another thing Whit's not gonna do. 

Edited by aliya
inserted missing word
  • Love 8

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. 

I can’t count how many times I’ve said that phrase throughout this show. 

Yeah, we knew the ‘tour’ wasn’t happening.  Whatever. Nothing changes. 

Heather and Buddy’s breakup - snore. 

I feel like “Avi” is a producer alias for Whit’s new ‘love.’  Like it’s short for Avi-ously Fake.  The parents haven’t even met this guy, and she’s picking out China patterns, and wanting to convert to Judaism?  

I’ve totally missed Babs. Not so much the last-season Babs, but in general.  I was absolutely rolling laughing when she said, “I’m holding a bunch of Jew books,” in response to Whit’s TMI of “Avi’s” perfect penis.  And of course, it’s proper for Whitney to talk about her man’s perfect cock to her mom, but heaven forbid her mom make the slightest polite allusion to a handjob. 

Why are they humoring her bullshit weirdness with giving birth?  How it should have gone:

Ashley:  I want you to be my labor coach.

Whitney:  I want to know what it smells like.

Ashley:  Welp, you’re fired.  Heather, you down?

They went to pick out a headstone for the recently departed Pomeranian (so damned cute, poor puppy).  

Whit:  We have so many dead animals in the Thore backyard. 

Me, shouting at the TV:  STOP BRINGING HOME ANIMALS!

Glen and Babs can sure give a talking-to, no problem, but they have no problem humoring her bullshit. I mean Babs is in the bridal salon with her.  How about show a backbone and say, “No.  This is nonsense, and I’m not going along with it.”

Speaking of the preview:  I swear, the voice of Avi on the phone when Whit is confronting him sounds like it’s being purposely distorted, like in the movies. 

I smell a well-done nothingburger vague “panic attack” diagnosis next episode with the hospital visit.

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

I smell a well-done nothingburger vague “panic attack” diagnosis next episode with the hospital visit.

And heaven help the well-meaning medical professional who suggests her weight might be a contributing factor . . . .

33 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

Speaking of the preview:  I swear, the voice of Avi on the phone when Whit is confronting him sounds like it’s being purposely distorted, like in the movies. 

I am not prepared to believe that any "appearance" by the fat fetishist boyfriend is anything other than faked, whether it's a "phone call" or that bizarre take-off on  an episode of "Cheaters" that was shown in the preview. When Whitney outed him on Facebook, the guy ghosted so fast and so completely on SM, it was actually impressive. I don't believe he'd agree to be recorded with Whitney for the show.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

Glen and Babs can sure give a talking-to, no problem, but they have no problem humoring her bullshit. I mean Babs is in the bridal salon with her.  How about show a backbone and say, “No.  This is nonsense, and I’m not going to go slobg with it. 

Yes!  Like her brother, Hunter, had the balls to do at the dinner table, even as Twit was giving him laser death rays from her eyes.  He gives no fucks anymore.  

• Love 4

As luck will have it, I'm a rabbi in real life!  Yes, a rabbi who decompresses with bad tv sometimes!  Regarding Whitney's alleged interest in converting to Judaism, I can say with some level of real authority - NO.  It wouldn't happen.  She doesn't have the stamina, seriousness of purpose and stick-to-it-ness required to really go deep and explore Judaism (or any other religious tradition).  One who is converting cannot be lazy - rather one must be highly motivated.  Not feeling it for Whitney.

Buddy - OMG.  What a sorry dude.  You can hardly understand his speech.  Why does Heather want him back?  Run, Heather, run!

The pregnant friend cracked me up.  "Don't make it about you."  LOL  And then at the OB-Gyn appt of course Whitney makes it all about herself, both in the waiting room and in the ultrasound room.  

The ice cream party - don't make too much effort, there!  Just toss some cheap-o stuff on the counter along with styrofoam bowls and call it a party!  Class-ay!

Love how Todd is revamping the dance class.  Go, Todd!

The "cliff hanger" at the end with Whitney going to the hospital left me not worried about her health (physical or otherwise), but just thinking, "oh dear, what a drama queen!"

• Love 16
3 hours ago, writerchick57 said:

But he's conveniently disabled his FB page according to Whitney today.  

Oh, and, sarcastically speaking, is she still only 380 pounds???

When people were suggesting she  go to the 600 lb show her fans were saying she’s only 350lbs!! ...I was thinking yeah maybe 100-150 pounds ago;however I don’t think she mention a weight on this episode.  I think her “weight” is not even a storyline at this point.  This episode seems to be setting up more fake love stories despite already doing that plot several times.

• Love 6
On 12/29/2017 at 5:22 PM, Me from ME said:

Don't forget her mirthless "laugh".

You’ve been watching that Coen Brothers movie with Ralph Fiennes. Damn I can’t remember the title. With George Clooney and Channing Tatum Tap dancing. That’s the only other time I’ve heard the word “mirthless laugh” 

And in the Big Girls Class, is it just me or many of the regulars are losing weight and looked really good. When Whitney came in it is very noticeable that she is twice their size.

• Love 5

Another random thought.  "Uncle Whitney" - what the heck?  Okay, so you have a silly nickname using Uncle instead of Aunt.  But you had to introduce yourself to pregnant friend's doctor as "Uncle Whitney?"  Why, just why?  Just struck me as very attention seeking, as usual. 

@StripperGlitter, you're adorable!  You look WAY WAY smaller than Whitney - no comparison, that's for sure.  Good for you for working on improving your health.  

I, too, am on a weight loss journey.  I went from a size 14-16 to size 8 in the last year.  It's a lot of hard work and discipline but I do feel so much better.  

In any case, sadly, there's no way that Whitney can be physically comfortable at her size.  It actually makes me sad because she's very young and statistically her longevity is at great risk due to such extreme obesity.  I hope she can turn things around at some point. 

Edited by RabbiBeth
  • Love 10