Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Rescue Me

• Start Topic

Just now, writerchick57 said:

Yeah because he probably fired her, and he didn't want anything to do with her after spending 2 weeks with her, even he'd had enough of her whining and narcissistic attitude.  She probably tried taking over his job, knowing Shitney

Can't you just see it?  "Let's simplify the moves here so that 'your students' can keep up.  No more of those jumps and high knee lifts.  'They' just can't do those!!!"

• Love 8
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Can't you just see it?  "Let's simplify the moves here so that 'your students' can keep up.  No more of those jumps and high knee lifts.  'They' just can't do those!!!"

Many fitness people do that as in have one person modify the exercise.  But I bet she couldn't even keep up doing that...even though the exercise is "modified" in practice, I bet you would have to do it over and over again, which is very hard, even for people in fantastic shape.

• Love 4
Just now, notyrmomma said:

Many fitness people do that as in have one person modify the exercise.  But I bet she couldn't even keep up doing that...even though the exercise is "modified" in practice, I bet you would have to do it over and over again, which is very hard, even for people in fantastic shape.

Richard Simmons has one or more person on each video who has to modify the steps.  But Twit wouldn't be satisfied to be the "lowest capability" person; she'd want to change everything so that she could be the star.  

• Love 8
On December 29, 2017 at 0:44 PM, Dot said:

You'd be surprised at how many prominent people don't hide behind real estate trusts. I once worked at a university in its development -- read that as fundraising -- dept & we subscribed to an on-line service we could access for records for anyone in Calif. I even opened my own shop for a while as a prospect researcher & had no trouble subscribing to the service as a private individual. This was back in the early '90s when the Internet was still in diapers. It's probably even easier today to get those records.

I frequently use property tax records to look up addresses. Some jurisdictions don't allow you to search by name but most, including Greensboro, do. I've even found people whose properties are under other ownership names. 

On December 29, 2017 at 3:27 PM, AZChristian said:

Most of the time, taxes are included in the mortgage, and the mortgage company pays them.  Does this mean that Glenn actually paid CASH for it for her?

Her taxes were due on or by 1/5. Mortgage escrow would normally submit payment by the due date. 

On January 3, 2018 at 5:40 AM, notyrmomma said:

Yes.  As a former plus size person too, this is exactly why I started watching.  But, and I think this started in early S3, she twisted it into how fabulous it is to be morbidly obese.  Plus she makes it clear that anyone who points out how not-fabulous it is to be morbidly obese is just a hater or discriminating against fat people.

Speaking of hate and discrimination, did anyone else think that Twit claiming to be a Buddhist or thinking that she can just snap her fingers and become Jewish was a little bit of cultural appropriation?  Wouldn't someone who is Jewish or Buddhist be a little angry about her attitude? I am Catholic and if she would have been that flippant about being a Catholic when she is not, I would be angry (I'm kinda a half-assed Catholic, but if I saw her trying to receive Communion when I knew she wasn't Catholic, I would be PISSED!) There is a lot more to converting to an established religion than declaring yourself as such.

All of this is easily explained: she's spoiled. She expects to get what she wants just because she wants it. If it requires sustained effort on her part, it won't happen and she'll just rewrite her narrative. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AUJulia said:

I checked Greensboro's zoning. Her house is in a zone that does not permit her to use her home studio for business purposes. Honestly, I question whether she's legally permitted to have an unrelated tenant live with her or to have TLC filming there. 

Most places have it that up to 3-4 unrelated persons can live in a home together without breaking the single family housing designation. If it's just her, Buddy, and Donna, they're probably good. Roommates sharing the same space are different than renting out a separate unit to a renter, which does need a special zoning/permit. 

2 hours ago, writerchick57 said:

Yeah because he probably fired her . . .

He didn't fire her becuz he never hired her. TFM happily participated in the fake story arc to get his own TV show which is the dream of all these YouTube types -- including Twit, you will recall. And he succeeded, I guess, if you call landing a gig on a cable no one's ever heard of & probably can't access succeeding.

TFM would have put a bullet in his head if his contract with MBFFL had been enforced to require him to actually include Twit as a "dancer" on his tour.

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Most places have it that up to 3-4 unrelated persons can live in a home together without breaking the single family housing designation. If it's just her, Buddy, and Donna, they're probably good. Roommates sharing the same space are different than renting out a separate unit to a renter, which does need a special zoning/permit. 

But it CANT be used as a dance studio/business.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, alabetser said:

Every municipality is unique. Greensboro ordinance specifically says an SFR is "designed for and occupied exclusively by one family" and I can't find any other ordinance permitting unrelated persons to share an SFR. Not sure one way or the other since I just did a quick search but unless there's an ordinance my bet is it's not allowed. 

17 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

Every municipality is unique. Greensboro ordinance specifically says an SFR is "designed for and occupied exclusively by one family" and I can't find any other ordinance permitting unrelated persons to share an SFR. Not sure one way or the other since I just did a quick search but unless there's an ordinance my bet is it's not allowed. 

The devil is in the details of municipal ordinances. Here's Greensboro's housing ordinance definition of "family," which is not what one would intuitively expect:

“Family” means any of the following:

An individual, or any two or more persons related by blood, marriage or adoption and may, in addition, include not more than two unrelated persons, living together in a dwelling unit;

A group of not more than four persons who need not be related by blood, marriage or adoption, living together in a dwelling unit;

A “family” includes five or fewer foster children placed in a home licensed by the state. “Family” does not include fraternities, sororities, rooming houses, boarding houses,  tourist homes or family care homes.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Christi said:

But it CANT be used as a dance studio/business.

I wouldn't think so. Did they say it was for business? I thought it was meant to be a personal practice area or at most a place to hold a few lessons. Having a money making hobby room is often legal, as long as it's under a certain amount of income and filed the right way with the IRS. Piano teachers, seamstresses, etc often do that. But a registered business can't operate out of a single family home not zoned for that.

Whitney's middle name should be Entitled.  

-She puts on a pout because she has to travel for "work," and expects her so-called (famewhore) friends to drop everything and come and get her sorry ass in the middle of the night, 14 hours away. (I wasn't buying the "girl, you can't go on like this- you are in a bad state and you NEED to come home" shtick from Tal/Todd- can't keep them straight).

-She can talk to her mother about her invisible boyfriend's awesome junk yet it's outrageous when Mama mentions something rather nebulous (and much less dirty) about her hand- and Whit INSISTS that Mother CEAST and DESIST with the offensive talk

-She leaves town for a hot minute and expects that everyone, including her cats, be overwhelmed with joy that she's returned... and not only that, she's so self-aggrandizing that it's because they NEED her and Stroke Mom might require her expert assistance in... umm... oh yeah-

-She QUITS a job, but justifies it as "not quitting" because she's the previously described Necessary Personnel for her friends/family to function properly.  It's not that I can't! It's not that I'm quitting!  I just really have to be available for my mom, who, by the way, is recovering quite nicely from her stroke and has a husband available to assist her.

-She insists that she's healthy, just fat- and hey! Embrace me! -while she galumphs her way through life, getting short of breath after "dancing" for five minutes or going up the stairs.  And hey!  She eats ice cream... even two helpings!... because fat girls shouldn't eat celery just because they're fat!  But don't you dare say anything about her health, because then you are a mean, discriminatory, fat-shaming human who hates anyone who is obese because you are evil.  

Buddy seems to be fading away- he grumbles and grunts his way through any "conversation" and seems completely unhealthy. For the life of me, I can't understand Heather's teary confession that she "can't imagine life without him," and how good he is with her kids. The guy can barely move. I would certainly not be interested in pursuing a relationship with someone who looks like a slob, seems to care not one bit about his health or how he presents to others, and seems to sleep the majority of the day away. Heather can do much better.

And Whitney, in her usual fashion, pulls out the illness routine when she senses the spotlight isn't laser-focused on her.  Isn't it a coincidence that she develops the vapors when things don't go her way?  Of course, we're already seeing previews of future shows where she's back, making her Joker faces and trying to humiliate non-boyfriends while approaching them on camera.  Such fun.  

• Love 8
On January 4, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Dot said:

I've always figured Twit will never be able to give up her "celebrity" as a reality "star." She will become like Mama June or SpHeidi or Survivor contestants, etc.  drifting from one cheesy reality show to another forever.

Maybe "Bigass Brother"?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

The devil is in the details of municipal ordinances. Here's Greensboro's housing ordinance definition of "family," which is not what one would intuitively expect:

Not how we'd intuitively define "family," at all. ?  Nice find. 

1 hour ago, alabetser said:

I wouldn't think so. Did they say it was for business? I thought it was meant to be a personal practice area or at most a place to hold a few lessons. Having a money making hobby room is often legal, as long as it's under a certain amount of income and filed the right way with the IRS. Piano teachers, seamstresses, etc often do that. But a registered business can't operate out of a single family home not zoned for that.

An earlier post mentioned that maybe she could do BGDC from her home studio. And in her zoning, a business like that isn't permitted. 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

Not how we'd intuitively define "family," at all. ?  Nice find. 

An earlier post mentioned that maybe she could do BGDC from her home studio. And in her zoning, a business like that isn't permitted. 

Her "home studio". Willing to bet that goes quite unused. And if she does use it, what she needs in there is a soft mat to fall on when she gets tired after 2 minutes of waving her arms around and pretending to dance. So not a fabulous life. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Her "home studio". Willing to bet that goes quite unused. And if she does use it, what she needs in there is a soft mat to fall on when she gets tired after 2 minutes of waving her arms around and pretending to dance. So not a fabulous life. 

Speaking of which - what was that weird scene of Whitney lying on her side on the floor while Todd appeared to be doing his best to completely destroy her hip and lower back by wrenching her upper leg up way past her point of maximum flexibility? She's howling in protest, he's ignoring her and pushing on her with all his might. If I needed any more evidence that neither of them know anything about basic anatomy, or the proper way to warm up and stretch, I got an eyeful.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Speaking of which - what was that weird scene of Whitney lying on her side on the floor while Todd appeared to be doing his best to completely destroy her hip and lower back by wrenching her upper leg up way past her point of maximum flexibility? She's howling in protest, he's ignoring her and pushing on her with all his might. If I needed any more evidence that neither of them know anything about basic anatomy, or the proper way to warm up and stretch, I got an eyeful.

I was like is he trying to break her leg/hip? Then I thought maybe it was payback for when she farted on him when he helped her stretch before.

• Love 3

So I’m still catching up on this thread, so I apologize profusely if this has been covered.  

I thought it was weird to eat someone else’s placenta, I had never even heard of anyone doing it, instinctually it doesn’t seem like a good idea, I always thought the whole point was that it had YOUR antibodies/horomones etc. So I googled it to see if mabye I was just overly cautious (I’m a nurse so I pretty much always ere on the side of caution when it comes to sharing bodily fluid) basically all I found is that there just isn’t research on it, so it’s not really determined to be good/bad, but it’s not recommended. It just seems weirdly cannabalistic or something to me. I know people share breast milk and this is probably along those same lines, but idk it just seems like there is a difference, I’m not sure what it is exactly but it just seems skeevy.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, KateHearts said:

Isn't it a coincidence that she develops the vapors when things don't go her way?

The Scarlett O’Hara of Greensboro!!!???????

• Love 6
21 hours ago, AUJulia said:

All of this is easily explained: she's spoiled. She expects to get what she wants just because she wants it. If it requires sustained effort on her part, it won't happen and she'll just rewrite her narrative. 

I don't know. Yes, she was obviously spoiled, but to say that's The reason is too simple. Hell, I was spoiled as a child but I didn't grow up with the attitude that just because I want to be X the world should just fall over and give me what I want immediately. Whitney is old enough to have learned better if it was only a matter of having been spoiled as a child. Of course, she's been spoiled as an adult too but there more going on. Mental issues (narcissism or histrionic personality and/or whatever else is going on there) for one. And just being a nasty, mean, entitled, bully of a person. Spoiled is just one tiny part of that. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

I don't know. Yes, she was obviously spoiled, but to say that's The reason is too simple. Hell, I was spoiled as a child but I didn't grow up with the attitude that just because I want to be X the world should just fall over and give me what I want immediately. Whitney is old enough to have learned better if it was only a matter of having been spoiled as a child. Of course, she's been spoiled as an adult too but there more going on. Mental issues (narcissism or histrionic personality and/or whatever else is going on there) for one. And just being a nasty, mean, entitled, bully of a person. Spoiled is just one tiny part of that. 

I intended for my comments to imply "and."  You're absolutely right. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I think they know and suspect he was being mean, belittling her by showing she does not have a dancer's flexibility anymore.

Even though she treats him like crap, that was uncalled for.  Completely inappropriate on his part. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I think they know and suspect he was being mean, belittling her by showing she does not have a dancer's flexibility anymore.

Even though she treats him like crap, that was uncalled for.  Completely inappropriate on his part. 

Maybe he's just tired of her lifting her leg & exposing her hoo-hah to him.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

(You'd think she'd have figured that out by herself after her skiing debacle.)  But  really, that's no way to test, demonstrate or improve anyone's flexibility. He could have done some serious damage to her hip or back.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

(You'd think she'd have figured that out by herself after her skiing debacle.)  But  really, that's no way to test, demonstrate or improve anyone's flexibility. He could have done some serious damage to her hip or back.

Yeah, he was being mean. And as much as I dislike her, physically harming someone isn't the way to prove anything. He totally could have caused damage. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Maybe he's just tired of her lifting her leg & exposing her hoo-hah to him.

And breaking wind in his face! I’m not saying he should break her hip but he’s probably got some passive aggressive anger built up towards her.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 7

From what I recall she ordered him to stretch her, rather imperiously as I recall. It was a demand and not a request. After years of being treated as a servant (putting her shoes on at the ballroom dance lesson) I understand his aggression toward her. (Not condoning,)

• Love 11

Before this week's episode, can we just pause to appreciate that, when attempting to console her purported best friend in the midst of a purported serious break-up, the best that purported adult Whitney could come up with was "you should change your relationship status on social media"?

That, in a very large, cotton/spandex blend, nutshell, sums up Whitney's arrested maturity.  

• Love 18
50 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

Before this week's episode, can we just pause to appreciate that, when attempting to console her purported best friend in the midst of a purported serious break-up, the best that purported adult Whitney could come up with was "you should change your relationship status on social media"?

That, in a very large, cotton/spandex blend, nutshell, sums up Whitney's arrested maturity.  

Thank you!!!!  I thought the same thing. My first thought when it came out of her mouth was that she sounds like a teenager. One’s whole world is governed by their relationship status on Facebook.

This is why I joined this forum.  Season one, I really like the show and I really liked her and what she was attempting to do. But I was seeing a little glimpses of things. Starting with season two, those glimpses became much more pronounced  to me and I thought it was just me who felt the way I felt about what she was doing and how she was acting.  And then I found this forum and realized that I was not crazy (at least with regard to my reaction to her, at any rate)!

Edited by Kid
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Kid said:

Thank you!!!!  I thought the same thing. My first thought when it came out of her mouth was that she sounds like a teenager. One’s whole world is governed by their relationship status on Facebook.

This is why I joined this forum.  Season one, I really like the show and I really liked her and what she was attempting to do. But I was seeing a little glimpses of things. Starting with season two, those glimpses became much more pronounced  to me and I thought it was just me who felt the way I felt about what she was doing and how she was acting.  And then I found this forum and realized that I was not crazy (at least with regard to my reaction to her, at any rate)!

Big dittoes. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Kid said:

One’s whole world is governed by their relationship status on Facebook.

You have no idea how seriously some people take relationship status changes on Facebook. When my partner changed his apparently several co-workers came up to him and were like "Oh! I saw your relationship status change! It must be serious! Congratulations!" These were all grown adults.

Edited by John M
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, John M said:

You have no idea how seriously some people take relationship status changes on Facebook. When my partner changed his apparently several co-workers came up to him and were like "Oh! I saw your relationship status change! It must be serious! Congratulations!" These were all grown adults.

I get it. But she said it with such urgency that it’s almost like she expects that,  the minute Heather changed the status, some knight in shining armor will come riding in to swoop Heather up into his arms!  To me, that is what was immature about it.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kid said:

You are most certainly not alone.  I too was initially drawn to the show because I was interested in seeing someone "of size" not letting their size completely define who they were and what they were capable of.  That's how the show was initially presented.

I'd have to go back to my earliest posts on this show, but it was somewhere either near the end of Season 1 or mid-way through Season 2 that I was purely hate-watching.  

Also, seeing Ashley return, and thinking back to her role as Whitney's side-kick in the earlier seasons, reminded me of something else.  IIRC, Ashley accompanied Whitney to go shopping for a two-piece bathing suit.  We then saw Whitney lumbering all over a deserted beach and heard how liberating and empowering she felt to be so comfortable and accepting of her own body.

From what we've seen in the ensuing seasons, that bathing suit actually covered more skin than the sports bras she insists on wearing as tops nearly all day, every day.  

She's just. so. full. of. shit.  

42 minutes ago, John M said:

I get that it can be something that the person going through the break does.  My point is that, as far as consolation from your supposed best friend, its shit.  

• Love 6
On January 4, 2018 at 8:48 AM, Kid said:

This sums up the two hours nicely!!

And this addresses the question I came here to ask.  I'm relatively new to Whitney and  I was looking at the tv listings tonight and I saw it's again a two hour show.  Why on EARTH does she get a TWO HOUR show????  Her life isn't that exciting!  OK, it's not exciting at all.  

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

And this addresses the question I came here to ask.  I'm relatively new to Whitney and  I was looking at the tv listings tonight and I saw it's again a two hour show.  Why on EARTH does she get a TWO HOUR show????  Her life isn't that exciting!  OK, it's not exciting at all.  

According to Twit, in her live video last night, the new season is so chuck full of good stuff that it couldn't be contained in the usual 10 one-hr eps. Hence, the first 3 episodes had to be expanded to 2 hrs to handle all the material. And, yes, Twit talking nonstop for TWO HOURS is far from "exciting."

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Dot said:

According to Twit, in her live video last night, the new season is so chuck full of good stuff that it couldn't be contained in the usual 10 one-hr eps. Hence, the first 3 episodes had to be expanded to 2 hrs to handle all the material. And, yes, Twit talking nonstop for TWO HOURS is far from "exciting."

BWAHAHAHA "all the material," my sides! They are splitting! The only thing about Whitney that has a lot of material are her Torrid outfits. *rim shot*

We watched, what, 20 minutes (at least) of her boring ice cream social where they tried to make as much drama as possible out of Heather and Buddy, GASP, sitting next to each other on a couch. Whitney wants to eat placentae. Whitney is guffawing in shock at Babs. Whitney can't move her legs. Whitney's hair is greasy. Todd is passive-aggressive. Whitney guffaws about Todd's passive aggression. Yes there is just SO MUCH GOING ON OMG. /sarcasm

Re: the FB relationship status change, what really sounded my alarm was when Heather changed the status and they said "now it's officially over," like WHAT, please tell me you do not change the status *instead of* having a proper breakup conversation. They dated for a long time. You don't just change your FB status and that's it. My god, these people.

• Love 8

O M Goodness. I just came home, made some dinner and turned on the TV in my home office.  My back is to TV while I'm firing up the computer. I swear I heard Whit's mother and father say they wanted Whit to marry a "white guy."  My head flipped around and I'm like, "What did they say?"

I'm sorry, I knowing they are white and hearing that Southern accent, I'd swear on my mother they said "white guy."  

But no, it was "right guy."  "Right guy."

Apologies to Southerners. 

• Love 6

Just registered but I love these forums and wanted to chime in. I am half way through reading the pages so I apologize if this was already mentioned but what the hell is up with her saying "bee bee, woo woo, weee", etc when greeting/saying bye to people? Is there a reason she does this, or is it her wanting to be more child like?

I found it odd that even though Tori was originally her dog and every time she visited the parents house she would gush all over her, when she died Whitney didn't seem all that upset (even joking about it) and said Tori was her mom's dog. I guess when you're that self centered your dog's death doesn't matter that much.

Also, I've never seen anyone else with such an ugly crying face, though I think that has a lot to do with her overly exaggerated facial expressions like others have mentioned.

ETA: Several BUCKETS of ice cream for only a few people? Wouldn't a carton or two have sufficed? ...Oh wait, Whitney's now back to being able to eat ice cream after the traumatizing fetish experience. Makes sense now.

Edited by sara1025
  • Love 8

During the fitness Marshall segment, it looked like Whitney was just dropped into one of his rehearsals and he didn't know what to do with her. She wasn't even doing the same dance moves as them in part of it so I don't think this tour was a real thing. The Fitness Marshall guy didn't even talk to her and he wasn't even interviewed. You'd think they'd want us to see how sad he is to see Whitney go, or express anger or something. Anything from him would have been interesting insight. But he's silent. Like he doesn't even know Whitney. Because he doesn't. It's so obvious.

I hated how she told her mother to behave. I doubt Babs needs Whitney's expertise.

I hate to say this but Tal is a shitty friend for talking Whitney into leaving an opportunity like that. If I were homesick, I'd want my friends to support me and get me motivated to continue, not tell me to give up. I realize it's fake but pinning it on Tal made him look like a dhitty friend. And I don't care how far they supposedly travelled. You don't tell your friends to quit a major career advancement that they've been wanting their whole life. 

• Love 7