Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Rescue Me

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I hate to say this but Tal is a shitty friend for talking Whitney into leaving an opportunity like that. If I were homesick, I'd want my friends to support me and get me motivated to continue, not tell me to give up. I realize it's fake but pinning it on Tal made him look like a dhitty friend. And I don't care how far they supposedly travelled. You don't tell your friends to quit a major career advancement that they've been wanting their whole life. 

I don't think Tal talked her out of anything. I don't think she was ever really on tour, and if she was, she had no intention of actually following through on it. She can't dance and they can't film her show and FTM in the same place at the same time.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

I don't think Tal talked her out of anything. I don't think she was ever really on tour, and if she was, she had no intention of actually following through on it. She can't dance and they can't film her show and FTM in the same place at the same time.

That was my thought, though I thought they'd at least fake it and have some tears between Whit and the dance dude before she left.

• Love 6

Watching the replay of the episode now. Interesting that  Babs is Methodist and Glenn is Catholic.  I wonder which they emphasized when Whitney was growing up.  Did she get all the Catholic sacraments growing up?  Not that it’s important. I’m just curious. 

I grew up Catholic (but I am currently in recovery) but I don’t know all that much about how Methodist practices are different or the same. 

Edited by PityFree
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sara1025 said:

Just registered but I love these forums and wanted to chime in. I am half way through reading the pages so I apologize if this was already mentioned but what the hell is up with her saying "bee bee, woo woo, weee", etc when greeting/saying bye to people? Is there a reason she does this, or is it her wanting to be more child like?

I found it odd that even though Tori was originally her dog and every time she visited the parents house she would gush all over her, when she died Whitney didn't seem all that upset (even joking about it) and said Tori was her mom's dog. I guess when you're that self centered your dog's death doesn't matter that much.

Also, I've never seen anyone else with such an ugly crying face, though I think that has a lot to do with her overly exaggerated facial expressions like others have mentioned.

ETA: Several BUCKETS of ice cream for only a few people? Wouldn't a carton or two have sufficed? ...Oh wait, Whitney's now back to being able to eat ice cream after the traumatizing fetish experience. Makes sense now.

Welcome! Love your observations already! 

Her crying face amuses me. But, she's so happy and fabulous. And yeah, several buckets ice cream with multiple jars of probably sickeningly sweet toppings. That's what Whitney needs, seconds from buckets of ice cream. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Watching the replay of the episode now. Interesting that  Babs is Methodist and Glenn is Catholic.  I wonder which they emphasized when Whitney was growing up.  Did she get all the Catholic sacraments growing up?  Not that it’s important. I’m just curious. 

I grew up Catholic (but I am currently in recovery) but I don’t know all that much about how Methodist practices are different or the same. 

Hey @PityFree, high five.  It is traditionally the mother's religion that the kids follow growing up, but I bet  they either didn't practice either religion or considered themselves non denominational Christians, attending any church (not Catholic though because that was probably too structured for them) only at Christmas and maybe Easter.  

• Love 2
On 1/2/2018 at 9:13 PM, PityFree said:

What in the heck did she say she wanted to smell?!?!?!? Please don’t let it be afterbirth.  I should not have eaten dinner before watching the show.

Edited by Donut Bear
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Any Protestant church is pretty different from Roman Catholic ones. That was what it was all about way back when.

BTW, I couldn't bring myself to rewatch the first 2 hours. Anyone got a summary of what the extra-fat moments were?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

I converted (from nothing—though my family is Irish Catholic, my hippie parents raised us without formal religion) to Catholicism in 2009, and when we moved last year, I found I didn’t feel at home at all in the suburban, all-white Catholic churches of my new town. I’ll cut out the backstory, but we found ourselves most at home attending a tiny Methodist parish that, while I’m not converting, I love very much. While they do differ doctrinally, they don’t as much as I thought they would (our pastor attended a catholic school for seminary), and the largest difference I experience is that the Eucharist is infrequent rather than every week and that everyone can partake, even my atheist husband. (He doesn’t because he’s just there for me, and actually nor do I because the Catholic Church doesn’t allow it.) 

Obviously there are differences that I’m glossing over, but in my experience, they’re not so different in the practice. Whitney doesn’t seem lit by the light of either, if you know what I’m saying. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I converted (from nothing—though my family is Irish Catholic, my hippie parents raised us without formal religion) to Catholicism in 2009, and when we moved last year, I found I didn’t feel at home at all in the suburban, all-white Catholic churches of my new town. I’ll cut out the backstory, but we found ourselves most at home attending a tiny Methodist parish that, while I’m not converting, I love very much. While they do differ doctrinally, they don’t as much as I thought they would (our pastor attended a catholic school for seminary), and the largest difference I experience is that the Eucharist is infrequent rather than every week and that everyone can partake, even my atheist husband. (He doesn’t because he’s just there for me, and actually nor do I because the Catholic Church doesn’t allow it.) 

Obviously there are differences that I’m glossing over, but in my experience, they’re not so different in the practice. Whitney doesn’t seem lit by the light of either, if you know what I’m saying. 

I'm Methodist. Communion is once a month. ?

• Love 1
On 1/7/2018 at 4:47 PM, KateHearts said:

Buddy seems to be fading away- he grumbles and grunts his way through any "conversation" and seems completely unhealthy. For the life of me, I can't understand Heather's teary confession that she "can't imagine life without him," and how good he is with her kids. The guy can barely move. I would certainly not be interested in pursuing a relationship with someone who looks like a slob, seems to care not one bit about his health or how he presents to others, and seems to sleep the majority of the day away. Heather can do much better.

16 hours ago, Threnners said:

Holy crap, Buddy looks like he's one cheeseburger away from a coronary.   

The deterioration of Buddy is so alarming. I remember the show touching on this last season when he spoke about the unhealthy eating and sleeping habits he developed around his bartending job and him trying to get back into shape with Whitney's trainer. He was incoherent, and couldn't put together a sentence about his breakup with Heather.  This is a picture of him from around when the show started - he looks like an entirely different person. 

I enjoyed seeing Ashley again. She seems like a down-to-earth, sweet person and managed the awkward ice cream social conversation so well.  I wonder why she was MIA last season. 

buddy.png

• Love 3
22 hours ago, mamey2422 said:

The deterioration of Buddy is so alarming. I remember the show touching on this last season when he spoke about the unhealthy eating and sleeping habits he developed around his bartending job and him trying to get back into shape with Whitney's trainer. He was incoherent, and couldn't put together a sentence about his breakup with Heather.  This is a picture of him from around when the show started - he looks like an entirely different person. 

I enjoyed seeing Ashley again. She seems like a down-to-earth, sweet person and managed the awkward ice cream social conversation so well.  I wonder why she was MIA last season. 

buddy.png

Buddy was such a cutie, I remember having a crush on him back then.

• Love 4

I'm worried about Buddy.  I hope he gets his issues, whatever they might be, resolved.  

It seems to me he's more of a reluctant participant on this "reality" show, and hence his difficulty having a heart-to-heart with Heather on camera.   Or almost any kind of conversation for that matter.  Even if it's just the fake variety.  He must be doing it just for the money, and/or at Twit's insistence.  Can you imagine how obnoxious Twit would be if someone in her  family or her friends didn't want to sign on???

Edited by Cache
ETA: other reluctants: Hunter & Donna.
  • Love 5

I missed quite a bit of last season due to the fact that I was dealing with a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment (better now, thanks!). So I'm a bit confused about some things. I do remember that Babs had a stroke. Is she okay now? I don't remember Buddy and Heather dating, not really. And why did they break up? Though personally I think that Heather can do better than Buddy. Dude looks unhealthy and as some have mentioned upthread, he could have an alcohol problem.

Has Whitney addressed anything about her weight last season? I do remember she had to ride in a mobility cart during a St Patrick day parade. And what happened to the radio job? I guess she's done with that too.

Wonder what the ratings are for this show. Most of us seem to be watching it and cringing at the same time. 

33 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

I missed quite a bit of last season due to the fact that I was dealing with a breast cancer diagnosis and treatment (better now, thanks!). So I'm a bit confused about some things. I do remember that Babs had a stroke. Is she okay now? I don't remember Buddy and Heather dating, not really. And why did they break up? Though personally I think that Heather can do better than Buddy. Dude looks unhealthy and as some have mentioned upthread, he could have an alcohol problem.

Has Whitney addressed anything about her weight last season? I do remember she had to ride in a mobility cart during a St Patrick day parade. And what happened to the radio job? I guess she's done with that too.

Wonder what the ratings are for this show. Most of us seem to be watching it and cringing at the same time. 

Glad you're better. If you have time, reading the forum comments for S-4 will give you a pretty clear pic of what went on. Briefly:

Babs is OK. Her stroke was fairly minor -- don't remember the exact diagnosis. She still has some problem grasping things with her right hand & is in PT for it. She doesn't drive yet.

I think Buddy & Heather began dating in S-3. No one, incl. Heather, knows why Buddy has dumped her.

On FB Twit announced that she is no longer intentionally trying to lose wgt. I don't think she's ever said that in MBFFL, tho.

Periodically in S-4, she popped into KISS 95.1 to chat after her internship. There was a short, phony story arc where she pretended she hoped to be hired as a permanent, paid employee. She was told there were no funds to hire her. Recently, in a FB live video, she said she was done with the radio show.

Every Fri I report the ratings for that week's episode & you can find the details there. At the moment she's got a bit over a million viewers, up from the average of 800,000  for S-4.

• Love 2

I've been doing the CSI thing and think that it can be proven the entirety of the Fitness Marshall "tour" possibility was fake, fake, fake.

(Note that we start with the information from Whit's own mouth in this first episode of this season..."The Fitness Marshall offered for me to be the third Backup Booty on his national tour, so I set off for Indianapolis to do some intense training for four weeks to get ready to go on tour.")

I went back and collated his videos and schedule as presented on his SM. The choreography that Sweatney (all hail AUJulia for that) was "learning" was from a new routine TFM had created for the Flo Rida song "Cake." We can establish that Whit was not learning that choreography prior to that time. That song came out February 28th, with the video following on March 15, 2017. From March 11 to March 19, TFM was in Texas (not Indiana). March 21 TFM posted a video of that choreography sans Whit on March 21st, where his location was tagged as Bloomington, Indiana (he has taught fitness classes at Indiana University). On March 24th he posted the announcement that he would be on MBFFL in April, and he posted a picture of him with Whit. March 26 he was in Boston (not Indiana). March 31 he posted a video of his trip to Florida (not Indiana) for a photoshoot and a Cardio Concert. April 1 he was in Syosset NY (not Indiana). April 15 he was in Indianapolis for a Cardio Concert (having spent time during the previous two weeks in California where his boyfriend was about to graduate college). April 21 to 23 he was at a retreat in Illinois (not Indiana). April 28 to 30 he was in St. Louis (not Indiana). May 11 to 14 he was in Cancun (very much not Indiana), and going forward he began a world tour, Australia, Singapore, etc.

SO.

When exactly in all this traveling during half of March and all of April was The Fitness Marshall supposed to carve out four whole weeks when he would not move from Indianapolis, just so he could train Whit daily in how to build up enough endurance to dance for more than sixty seconds? And if it was not meant to be daily training, why was Whit supposedly planning to stay holed up in that Indianapolis motel for that entire time? (Indeed, she claims to Tal just before he says he's going to come and get her that she's been at the motel already for "weeks.") TFM and his Booties surely weren't expecting to have the same living conditions, why would Whit sign on for less than they were getting, at least as far as housing for a month was concerned? Why would she, for a stay of a month and as shown in a brief camera shot, pack exactly one (1) pair of exercise leggings and one (1) NoBS shirt in her one (1) suitcase and one (1) backpack? Can anyone tell me that?

I think this cannot be told.

In my considered opinion. Whit and FTM spent a day in Indianapolis proper, maybe two or three, possibly on March 24th more or less when he and his Backup Booties were in the area, filming that tiny bit of dance, and Whit wasn't at the motel. Then Whit moved into the Catalina Motel right next to the Indianapolis Airport for filming purposes and to look oh-so-pitiful, the crew got their footage, and they were able to fly/drive back to Greensboro.

Let us note that according to Whit's own timeline during a recent Q&A, she broke up with Avi in March. During the "rescue" by Tal and Todd in the car back to Greensboro, Whit goes on and on about how much she LOVES Avi, and how the timeline has her shopping for gowns after she gets back to Greensboro. This means that all of the TFM stuff/wedding plans also couldn't have happened in April, since it's past Whit's break-up timeline.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tdanaher said:

I've been doing the CSI thing and think that it can be proven the entirety of the Fitness Marshall "tour" possibility was fake, fake, fake.

(Note that we start with the information from Whit's own mouth in this first episode of this season..."The Fitness Marshall offered for me to be the third Backup Booty on his national tour, so I set off for Indianapolis to do some intense training for four weeks to get ready to go on tour.")

I went back and collated his videos and schedule as presented on his SM. The choreography that Sweatney (all hail AUJulia for that) was "learning" was from a new routine TFM had created for the Flo Rida song "Cake." We can establish that Whit was not learning that choreography prior to that time. That song came out February 28th, with the video following on March 15, 2017. From March 11 to March 19, TFM was in Texas (not Indiana). March 21 TFM posted a video of that choreography sans Whit on March 21st, where his location was tagged as Bloomington, Indiana (he has taught fitness classes at Indiana University). On March 24th he posted the announcement that he would be on MBFFL in April, and he posted a picture of him with Whit. March 26 he was in Boston (not Indiana). March 31 he posted a video of his trip to Florida (not Indiana) for a photoshoot and a Cardio Concert. April 1 he was in Syosset NY (not Indiana). April 15 he was in Indianapolis for a Cardio Concert (having spent time during the previous two weeks in California where his boyfriend was about to graduate college). April 21 to 23 he was at a retreat in Illinois (not Indiana). April 28 to 30 he was in St. Louis (not Indiana). May 11 to 14 he was in Cancun (very much not Indiana), and going forward he began a world tour, Australia, Singapore, etc.

SO.

When exactly in all this traveling during half of March and all of April was The Fitness Marshall supposed to carve out four whole weeks when he would not move from Indianapolis, just so he could train Whit daily in how to build up enough endurance to dance for more than sixty seconds? And if it was not meant to be daily training, why was Whit supposedly planning to stay holed up in that Indianapolis motel for that entire time? (Indeed, she claims to Tal just before he says he's going to come and get her that she's been at the motel already for "weeks.") TFM and his Booties surely weren't expecting to have the same living conditions, why would Whit sign on for less than they were getting, at least as far as housing for a month was concerned? Why would she, for a stay of a month and as shown in a brief camera shot, pack exactly one (1) pair of exercise leggings and one (1) NoBS shirt in her one (1) suitcase and one (1) backpack? Can anyone tell me that?

In my considered opinion. Whit and FTM spent a day in Indianapolis proper, maybe two or three, possibly on March 24th more or less when he and his Backup Booties were in the area, filming that tiny bit of dance, and Whit wasn't at the motel. Then Whit moved into the Catalina Motel right next to the Indianapolis Airport for filming purposes and to look oh-so-pitiful, the crew got their footage, and they were able to fly/drive back to Greensboro.

Let us note that according to Whit's own timeline during a recent Q&A, she broke up with Avi in March. During the "rescue" by Tal and Todd in the car back to Greensboro, Whit goes on and on about how much she LOVES Avi, and how the timeline has her shopping for gowns after she gets back to Greensboro. This means that all of the TFM stuff/wedding plans also couldn't have happened in April, since it's past Whit's break-up timeline.

Damn!! Now that's a whiteboard!

When you get a minute, can you break down the Avi vs. Lennie vs. Roy timeline?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, tdanaher said:

I've been doing the CSI thing and think that it can be proven the entirety of the Fitness Marshall "tour" possibility was fake, fake, fame

Add to that Twit's recent advice/Q-answering video on the MBFFL FB page: she said that she didn't sneak off in the dead of night as it appeared on MBFFL. She said that TFM was fine with her leaving (I'll bet!), that they had several discussions about all the irons in her Greensboro fire & he was very understanding about her need to get home.

Super CSI-ing, @tdanaher! You have added much to the MBFFL file of phoniness.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 6

Todd did nothing wrong here. Twit is no dance teacher period. Every week she either has a broken toe, back problem, jaw hurts, stomach hurts, headache, passes out, dehydrated, etc.. People who pay a teacher for dance lessons want a leader she is not a leader in any way. Her show will fizzle out once the dance thing is finished which will be soon she has the same 5 dance moves every single class it's horrible Katie should take over the class she likes to lead and she shows up. How can someone fake a back injury so they wouldn't have to walk the length of the parade??!! She is such a scheming manipulator I would say Avis antics were straight up karma 

• Love 5

Sweatneys 15 minutes is about to dry up she needs mental health help,ASAP her poor parents worry non stop how embarrassing to have ur grown daughter behave the way she does half the time she looks terrible her hair is greasy and she hasn't showered her nasty crusty feet all over pillows and dug into her parents couch with her forty foot long toe nails is disgusting. Anytime her dad tells her a truth she treats him like shit then cries wahhhhh daddy!! I'll never be able to trust anyone again!!! Really? She trusted a stranger from Egypt to come plop in her bed first night. The way she acted and touched nada was creepy TLC NEEDS TO REEVAL THEIR CEO!!

• Love 3

I wonder if the Fitness Marshall might have fired her and that was the reason she was such a mess on the telephone which prompted the rescue. Although I do agree with whomever said that TLC probably flew her home and the driving scenes were filmed in NC. The weird little scene of her standing outside the fleabag motel in the dark with her suitcase as they pulled up could have just as easily been filmed anywhere.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Ahhhhh but do you have a white board and a selfie stick. And a garage-cum-dance-studio?? 

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'll show myself out.

• Love 3

The extra footage version of this episode showed Twit using the large whirlpool tub in her hotel room.   She said she was glad to be able to take a bath.  She doesn't fit in her tub at home and when she stays in hotels she never knows what her bathing  situation will be.  She even said something like a hotel pool being an option.  Ewwww.  Yet her life is fabulous, right??

She needs to make weight loss and her health job #1.  Of course she allegedly has so much on her plate, that'll never happen.

• Love 2
On January 19, 2018 at 7:11 AM, tdanaher said:

SO.

The Indianapolis stint couldn't have occurred in February? (My personal belief is that we'd have seen an entire episode showing her "weeks" of dancing there, if it had actually happened.)

Excellent sleuthing, Tdanaher. 

51 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

The Indianapolis stint couldn't have occurred in February? (My personal belief is that we'd have seen an entire episode showing her "weeks" of dancing there, if it had actually happened.)

So TFM was in NYC in late November 2016. I sacrificed and went through Sweatney's timeline on FB and her posts were all from Greensboro in February 2017, except she posted from LA 3/2 to 3/8ish and from PA 3/16.  Her pregnancy scare was in February if I recall correctly. Nothing showing she was in Indianapolis in January. I couldn't go further back in her TL so maybe she was in Indianapolis in December 2016 but then it makes no sense for her Avi-disappears story not to happen until April. Also she posted some pro-Israel thing on 2/26 and I'd guess that was a nod to Avi. Notably, the MBFFL episodes had her pregnancy scare predate the NYC trip to see TFM, and it was the other way around in real life. Maybe she went to Indianapolis in December. If at all.  

My head hurts now. 

Edited by AUJulia
To add 2016 to TFM date in NYC.
1 hour ago, AUJulia said:

She would not have been standing outside her motel room scantily clad like that in February in Indianapolis. Even Sweatney would have been chilled to the max, especially as a native North Carolinian. There is also a good possibility that the ground would have been covered in snow. Certainly her breath would have been showing at the time of day that Todd and Tal showed up to come and get her. Late March makes a lot more sense for her to be dressed as she was and for her breath not to be showing.

ETA: You know what, whoever liked my post this may want to take that back. I looked at our February for last year, and she may very well have been standing out there like that. I don't remember it being this warm last year but there it is. Results were not typical...

https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/indianapolis/historic?month=2&year=2017

Edited by LordOfLotion
7 hours ago, Cache said:

The extra footage version of this episode showed Twit using the large whirlpool tub in her hotel room.   She said she was glad to be able to take a bath.  She doesn't fit in her tub at home and when she stays in hotels she never knows what her bathing  situation will be.  She even said something like a hotel pool being an option.  Ewwww.  Yet her life is fabulous, right??

She needs to make weight loss and her health job #1.  Of course she allegedly has so much on her plate, that'll never happen.

She owns that house right? She can put in a damn tub with all of her TeeVee movie. A public whirlpool o swimming pool is not an appropriate place to bathe. That is so gross.  

41 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

She owns that house right? She can put in a damn tub with all of her TeeVee movie. A public whirlpool o swimming pool is not an appropriate place to bathe. That is so gross.  

Because of her size & knees, she would not be able to get out of a regular bathtub, no matter how large. A spa has benches to sit on & steps.

She could get one of those walk-in tubs advertised on TV for the disabled, but they cost about $10,000 I understand. That's a lot of money for someone who needs to make 3-4 coffee-flavored milkshake runs each day.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Cache said:

she allegedly has so much on her plate, that'll never happen.

this is the exact reason why Will fired her.  He was fed up with all of her excuses on why she can't commit to workouts and sending him pictures of food, which she never did.  TLC doesn't allow us to see any of her meals either.  Why is that again?

I mean, she gave up pasta, right?  pasta la vista?  

On 1/9/2018 at 6:26 PM, LordOfLotion said:

She can't dance

WHAT???  She can't dance?  Does she know this?  lol

• Love 1
On 1/3/2018 at 7:05 AM, 3girlsforus said:

It’s more common to bury the placenta in the yard but yes, some people eat it. However it is almost always the mother who consumes it.  The theory being it replaces nutrients and can ward off postpartum depression. But the BIRTh COACH doesn’t eat it and as far as I know, no one looks forward to smelling it!!

I have never given birth but I did see a placenta once. It was in a large bowl in a fridge, awaiting burial under a new rose bush to honor the baby. Oh my gosh, I was not prepared for it. The VEINS. This was in about 1976 and I am still scarred. It is amazing to think I used to live in one. 

I definitely did not want to smell or eat it. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521

Forgive me is this was previously posited, but wouldn’t she need, er, a bidet? How does she wipe her ass? The physics of this are fascinating.

This was answered for me on My 600 Pound Life - basically by using a wad of toilet paper held with kitchen tongs (the kind that look like scissors). I'm not sure if they are specially made for that purpose or if regular tongs will do.

She could get one of those walk-in tubs advertised on TV for the disabled, but they cost about $10,000 I understand. That's a lot of money for someone who needs to make 3-4 coffee-flavored milkshake runs each day.

Someone explained to me that the downside to those is that you can't get out of them until they have completely drained. So you sit there, as the soapy and probably now cold water drains then you get out. It's better than not bathing at all but for most people, the shower is more pleasant.

• Love 3
On 1/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, Dot said:

Because of her size & knees, she would not be able to get out of a regular bathtub, no matter how large. A spa has benches to sit on & steps.

I'm not sure she'd fit in one of those walk-in tubs either though. Don't they have the same footprint as a normal bathtub? So unless they make'em spa sized... 

• Love 1
On 1/28/2018 at 3:49 PM, Elizzikra said:

Someone explained to me that the downside to those is that you can't get out of them until they have completely drained.

I hadn't thought of this, but have always seen them as a flood waiting to happen.

• Love 1
On 1/28/2018 at 3:49 PM, Elizzikra said:

This was answered for me on My 600 Pound Life - basically by using a wad of toilet paper held with kitchen tongs (the kind that look like scissors). I'm not sure if they are specially made for that purpose or if regular tongs will do.

They make these kind of aids for Little People, who generally have short arms and may have difficulty reaching around to take care of business.  These are the things you learn when a few episodes of Little People, Big World send you googling...

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:49 PM, Elizzikra said:

Someone explained to me that the downside to those is that you can't get out of them until they have completely drained. So you sit there, as the soapy and probably now cold water drains then you get out. It's better than not bathing at all but for most people, the shower is more pleasant.

My mother had a walk-in tub installed when she moved into an independent living senior community. The apartments only offered showers (for safety reasons) so we had to get special permission, pay for it ourselves, and agree to leave it in place if she ever vacated the apartment.  You do have to wait to open the door and step out until all the water is drained, but on her extra-fancy model, the seat was heated, an overhead hot air blower could be switched on, and the water was pumped out, not just drained by gravity, so there was very little lag time between end of bath and exit from bath. :-)  (There was also a hand held shower head for rinsing.) It was super-pricey, though.

Whitney would need a bariatric sized tub and that would add even more to the cost. But I think a storyline of her shopping for one would be quite amusing.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
On 1/28/2018 at 12:49 PM, Elizzikra said:

You’d have to sit there as the tub fills, too. No, thanks. 

ETA: just read above about the features that would keep one comfy as the tub empties. Good to know, since I realize  these tubs can be godsends in certain situations. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

You’d have to sit there as the tub fills, too. No, thanks. 

ETA: just read above about the features that would keep one comfy as the tub empties. Good to know, since I realize  these tubs can be godsends in certain situations. 

I just saw a commercial for one with a free upgrade to a heated seat. It also have jets and special foot massaging jets. Foot massaging jets.... mmmm.... that might be worth waiting for the tub to drain.

• Love 3
On 1/3/2018 at 3:48 PM, Bugfrey Von said:

I think it's a great thing that Whitney has ::deep, pensive breath:: allowed ice cream back in her life. 

This after she was literally caught in her car binge eating ice cream out of the carton in a parking lot, and she pretends she hasn't had ice cream in many years. Her comment here was exactly like when she said she didn't like cake, but then mindlessly shoved 3 inch cupcakes into her mouth with her eyes closed.

• Love 3