Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Rescue Me

• Start Topic

Apparently a central theme of this season is Whit falls madly in love with that guy she was posting about earlier this year and realizes it is all a sham and reacts like a high schooler with a film crew.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

I'm wondering what other plot lines could possibly come up at this point! Maybe we will meet new characters, she will get a new internship/job, a new therapist? The pet cemetery was scraping the bottom of the barrel...this is what folks do with a free afternoon?

Well, since the first part of the episode is about her leaving the “tour” I would imagine the will give some airtime to her “reasons”: Babs health, some tug-of-war with Todd for BGDC, the pretend boyfriend, Whitney “helping” the pregnant lady.  There will likely be numerous instances of Whitney acting inappropriately, friends and family enabling, and  the viewers questioning why they are still watching this show.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, John M said:

Apparently a central theme of this season is Whit falls madly in love with that guy she was posting about earlier this year and realizes it is all a sham and reacts like a high schooler with a film crew.

Twit should quit telegraphing MBFFL story arcs on her FB page. We already know about Avi & Nada, Ashley's baby, Hawaii & the season finale hot air balloon event. Not much of the season left to surprise us with fabulousness.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Well, since the first part of the episode is about her leaving the “tour” I would imagine the will give some airtime to her “reasons”: Babs health, some tug-of-war with Todd for BGDC, the pretend boyfriend, Whitney “helping” the pregnant lady.  There will likely be numerous instances of Whitney acting inappropriately, friends and family enabling, and  the viewers questioning why they are still watching this show.

...more like Whitney helping herself to that baby shower cake

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

Was Buddy arrested?

January 2014 he was drunk and disorderly at a rock concert and assaulted a police officer.

Bell was charged with assaulting a government official, second-degree trespassing, resisting a public officer, public intoxication and disorderly conduct, the Wave County Criminal Court confirmed to Radar.

He was convicted of disorderly conduct, fined $380 and placed on probation for 45 days.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

...more like Whitney helping herself to that baby shower cake

But...but..she doesn’t even like cake  LOL

I didn’t pay close attention to the online preview, but did they say how long Whitney was actually on “tour” with TFM and how long she was supposed to be?

• Love 6

Did you see on her FB page just now that she added a video of her mom and dad.  She was asking when her new season will be, and Babs said she thought tomorrow night.  Whitney asked her what season they were on, and her mom forgot, and Whitney yelled at her.  Once again, disrespecting her parents.  

• Love 6
20 hours ago, John M said:

I feel bad for this person come Tell all time. You know the barnacles will gang up on him.

• Love 4
On 12/29/2017 at 6:30 PM, AZChristian said:

Interesting.  The way we do it, 1/12 of the annual taxes is added to the monthly mortgage payment.  It goes into an escrow account, and the mortgage company pays it from that account.  So WE are responsible, but the mortgage company acts as our agent.  It also ensures that the mortgage company knows the taxes are being paid . . . kind of like a car financing company wants a little protection and stays on the title until it's paid off so they're notified if the insurance lapses.

That is how it is done here, too. Also in Georgia, where we own a second home.

On 12/31/2017 at 9:47 PM, John M said:

This is the best - and most accurate - thing I've read in 2018. 

• Love 4

I can't wait for the commentary from one or all of you guys after the 2-hour new season.  I don't get cable, so I can't watch it myself, but I'm so ready.  Oh, is her new season tonight?  LOL  She's plastered it all over her fb page, and even made her mother proclaim that the season premiere is tonight.  Bring it on...

1 hour ago, writerchick57 said:

I can't wait for the commentary from one or all of you guys after the 2-hour new season.  I don't get cable, so I can't watch it myself, but I'm so ready.  Oh, is her new season tonight?  LOL  She's plastered it all over her fb page, and even made her mother proclaim that the season premiere is tonight.  Bring it on...

I have a question that I'll ask you in the Whitney Thore thread.

• Love 1

So the episode set for 6pm, is that all repeat footage from last season, that can be safely skipped?  (Read what I just wrote, and am despairing of what my life has become, but in these days, I BADLY need drivel to distract me from reality, as my former Facebook friends, could attest.)
My DVR schedule runneth over, with ID and A&E starting new shows too.

8 minutes ago, auntjess said:

So the episode set for 6pm, is that all repeat footage from last season, that can be safely skipped?  (Read what I just wrote, and am despairing of what my life has become, but in these days, I BADLY need drivel to distract me from reality, as my former Facebook friends, could attest.)
My DVR schedule runneth over, with ID and A&E starting new shows too.

Both hours tonight are new stuff, but from comments here, I discern that the first hour has some flashbacks. (I haven't seen it.)

• Love 2

Has anyone counted how many times she's announced that her new season starts tonight on her FB page?  She's now walking along the beach in her bathing suit, and announces to make sure everyone tunes into watching her show tonight.  It's starting to get old...

• Love 1
On 12/29/2017 at 5:04 PM, John M said:

Are we talking about the same Whit? The Whit I am familiar with took a huge opportunity and done nothing with it besides a half-assed clothing line and a cruise and workout DVD that other people did all the work for.

The Whit that I have seen is lazy, entitled, mean, jealous, inappropriate bully with a poor temper, narcissism and generally unpleasant personality.

Point taken.  I guess I wax nostalgic for what this show might have been - a story about a young, confident woman making strides to make herself healthier (if not necessarily smaller) and interacting with her fairly harmless group of friends.  But you're right, she half-assed it and feels like her peons (i.e.-friends) need to bow to her every whim. She's an obnoxious theater kid given too big a stage.  That said, I cannot WAIT for tonight's full episode.  

• Love 2
On 12/22/2017 at 9:48 AM, Pachengala said:

Why didn't she fly back? I found flights from Indianapolis to Greensboro for around $250.

Clearly she cannot fly economy or business class.  In addition she has little to no stamina.  I do like Buddy and hope he is okay.

Editing to add:  She could fly economy or business but she would need two seats.  I’m not being mean, I’m just stating the truth.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

So, does the premier come on at 8:00 p.m.?  Or is this some kind of flashback?  I don't need any flashbacks.

The premier comes on at 8:00pmEST. What's running now is last season catch-up footage.

• Love 1

WOAH!!! She just mentioned Avi in the countdown episode in front of all her friends (proclaims LOUDLY that she is going to marry that man and that they are planning on planning on getting married) and supposedly according to what she said in the teaser for Rescue Me, she says that she hasn't told anyone about Avi... uh... whoopsy!!! Too many lies to keep up with there, Twit?? This wasn't in the episode with it originally aired was it?? These may not be straight-up re-runs... wtf??? I'm confused!!!!!

• Love 7

This woman!! She's whining about being away from her family/friends and it's been like what, a couple weeks at most? REALLY? I've been in the field away from mine for 6 months at at time! I was tired and dirty at the end of the day from arduous work (actual work). Many places I didn't have cell reception to contact anyone. She gets to eat pork rinds and FaceTime and she's upset?

Just, no words anymore. Wait, one: SISSY.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

Buddy is either high as heck or sloppy drunk. He slurred his speech all last season, but it’s worse now.

My money is sloppy drunk. I'm guessing Heather isn't putting up with that crap no more.

• Love 3

Do any of these people have jobs?  Whitney and all her "friends" seem to do nothing but hang around and spend time with her parents.  Heather, for instance, what does she do?  And the pregnant "friend" -- what does she do.  Not to mention those two Tal and Todd. Buddy supposedly is/was a bartender.   But has anyone actually seen him at work.  And now the mysterious Avi, what does he do?  

Just now, Donut Bear said:

Why does her face look so different in those interviews with the long stingy hair?  She actually looks totally different.

They've got spackle concealer under her eyes on on cheek bones. Make-up must be an inch thick!!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Do any of these people have jobs?  Whitney and all her "friends" seem to do nothing but hang around and spend time with her parents.  Heather, for instance, what does she do?  And the pregnant "friend" -- what does she do.  Not to mention those two Tal and Todd. Buddy supposedly is/was a bartender.   But has anyone actually seen him at work.  And now the mysterious Avi, what does he do?  

Ashley talks about having met her baby-daddy/boyfriend at work. Her LinkedIn profile lists her as a Retail Sales Manager for an AT&T reseller. 

• Love 1

Two comments so far:

Quite telling that while she was having her existential crisis whether to join the "tour" her Dad was encouraging her to not pass up an opportunity. In other words: go, GO.

That top she wore when Todd was leading the BGDC was UNFORTUNATE! The color around her belly just drew attention to it.

Edited by Me from ME
Can't watch and spell at the same time
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Is Heather married? Or does she have a boyfriend?  Who got her pregnant?

Heather is divorced from the father of her kids. Ashley is the one currently pregnant. She has a boyfriend who (according to her) would be all for marrying her. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Heather is divorced from the father of her kids. Ashley is the one currently pregnant. She has a boyfriend who (according to her) would be all for marrying her. 

Thank you! I totally mixed their names up.

Can anyone more clever than myself post side by side pictures of Whitney in each season? This is my first season watching  and I would love to see her weight progression. I love all your snark about this show so I have to watch it now! I love to watch a good train wreck.(to a point)

• Love 1
Just now, PityFree said:

What in the heck did she say she wanted to smell?!?!?!? Please don’t let it be afterbirth.  I should not have eaten dinner before watching the show.

Pretty sure that's what she was talking about. NO. Idea. Where she got that "people" always talk about "smelling it" ... even the barnacles were appropriately horrified. Gross. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Glen didn't see overjoyed to learn that she had quit the tour and was home for good.

Whitney is the definition of “failure to launch.” If she didn’t have TLC money, she’d still be living in their house with no job.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

She’s a pig. That’s it. Why would you talk about your BF’s penis to your mom????

I was just going to say that! Better yet she tells her mom to be quiet and acts like a 12 year old when she was the one who initiated the conversation.

• Love 7

She's totally self absorbed. I have a hard time believing anything about the tour was real. There was an awful lot of photos and "homey touches" for it to have just been starting and there's no way it would all fit in one tiny suitcase. I suspect she left it all for some PA to clean up.

She really enjoys shit stirring. Todd doesn't have to run everything past you when you are "away". Be happy that he's keeping your name alive. And the forcing interaction between Buddy and Heather is just rude. Let them work out their own shit. It's not your business.

She likes to fondle her friends. Keep your mitts off Ashley's stomach unless you ask. While she's talking to the doctor, you don't need to interject your own commentary and make it all about you.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, PityFree said:

She’s a pig. That’s it. Why would you talk about your BF’s penis to your mom????

And as per usual, she says all this crap to try and get a rise out of her mom and then Babs gives back as good as she gets and Twit gets all "MOMMY!!! EWWWWW!!!!" Grow the f**k up you jerk!!!

First she was going to become a lesbian. Now she's going to become a Jew. I can't. 

• Love 20

Jeez Louise. I didn't know this was the new season. I just happened on it by mistake. Buddy looks awful. The young woman is probably well rid of him.

Is it a millennial thing to need to share everything about your self and your relationships with everyone in your group? I wanted them to just shut up about everything and deal with it. Wanna keep dating? Fine. Wanna stop? Fine. Just stop talking about it.

And yeah, Whit quit the tour because she couldn't keep up and because it was probably necessary for the show.   No way I would have driven so far to pick her up. She wanted to quit, let her find a way home. The planes and buses leave everyday, even from Indianapolis. That's what an adult does when she makes a decision. They could have picked her up at the airport.

Who is this Avi guy? Was he on last season? Word to the wise, Whit. When a guy comes right out and says he's a commitment phobe, you can take that to the bank. Where is he? Why hasn't he met her parents if the relationship is serious?

Finally - she looks huge. Just huge.

• Love 8